EOTW - As it should be (UC, Mi/L, Teen, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Elf
Enthusiastic Roswellian

EOTW - As it should be (UC, Mi/L, Teen, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

Post by Elf »

Title: EOTW As it should be
Author: Elf
Disclaimer: I don not own anything from Roswell they belong to Jason Katims and Melinda Metz

Summary: Short little one parter my opinion on how end of the world should have happened

~

“So you’re saying I have to get you now to fall out of love with me so you, you will still be alive?” Liz questioned the man standing in front of her

“Basically” He replied

“But how?” Liz questioned “The only thing I can think of is that I make him think I’m cheating on him” Liz suggested

“I wouldn’t fall for that, not permanently anyway” Future Max stated “It will take something more”

“What like faking an entire relationship with Michael” Liz chuckled

“That’s it” Future Max stated eyes widened

“What?” Liz gasped

“Go and see Michael” Future Max stated

Liz sighed “If you think of any others ideas between now and the three odd minutes it will take me to get there call me” She stated before grabbing the keys to her skyline and driving towards Michael’s apartment.

“I can’t believe I’m going to do this” Liz stated to herself as she knocked on his door thankfully he was alone.

“We need to talk” Liz said pushing him in so they were in the lounge room

“Everything okay there Parker?” He asked

“Max Evans, about ten years from now will use the Granolith to travel back in time, scare the shit out of me and try to stop you and I among everyone else from dying” Liz blurted out

“Wait a minute Max from ten years from today is in your room?” Michael asked looking very confused

“Yes, he had just held you in his arms as you died” Liz stated

“I what?” Michael gasped

“If I don’t get Max to fall out of love with me now Tess for some reason will leave and in ten years our world will be a wasteland” Liz said also sounding confused as she struggled to remember everything Future Max had told her

“What if we pretend to go out?” Michael suggested

“You believe me?” Liz asked

“Should I not believe you? And besides it’ll get Maria off my back” Michael pointed out

“You had enough of her have you?” Liz chuckled

“I love her, honestly I do just not with my heart” Michael pointed out

“Wow, very insightful” Liz chuckled

“Hey I don’t know you, you don’t know me yet” He replied with a shrug of his shoulders

“You think we can pull it off?” Liz questioned with a raised eyebrow

“We could it would work, but it it’ll be an effort” Michael said thoughtfully

“I’d have to hang here a lot and there would be public displays of affection, my image would have to change” Liz rattled of a list

“You think you can handle all this Parker?” Michael asked

“Course I can” Liz stated with a smirk “Question is are you gonna be okay with this?” she asked nervously

“I’ll survive” Michael shrugged “Besides we’ll get to know each other it’ll be cool” He pointed out as they headed into the kitchen

“That’s true” Liz commented “So what's the plan?” Liz asked

“Oh don’t think there’ll be plans, you hang round here more and in public we’ll hold hands and kiss and stuff” He stated “No tongue obviously” he added seeing Liz’s raised eyebrow

“Okay” Liz replied with a nod as she heard someone at the door

“No time like the present” He muttered grabbing Liz’s arms and pulling her close and kissing her as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Liz heard the front door open and slid her arms around his neck

“Liz?” they heard Max gasp

“Max?!” Liz gasped sounding shocked

“Saw her in a weak moment and thought you’d snatch her away from me huh?” He hissed at Michael

“Max!” Liz barked angrily “What the fuck makes you think I can’t use my own brain. I fell out of love with you, I broke up with you, and I am falling for Michael” She stated

“You should be ashamed of yourself” Max hissed at Michael

“ARGH” Liz screamed before punching Max in the jaw “You should be” She hissed before he stormed out

There was a silence before Liz yelled “Ow!” before she started shaking her hand up and down and doing a strange jump one the spot type dance

“Let me see it” Michael whispered gently poking her knuckles “You know I think you just became the first person to defend me…Ever” he stated quietly

“Well Max was being a dick even if we were actually together Max has no right to say that” Liz pointed out

“Looks like you have a broken knuckle” He commented

“Can you heal it?”

“Liz I can’t even control my powers let alone heal something” Michael stated raising his hands as if surrendering

“I reckon you can” she replied seriously

“Liz I…What if I make your hand explode” Michael stated

“Just try Michael it hurts” Liz pleaded

He sighed and placed his hand above hers. There was a faint glow and moments later Liz flexed her hand “I think you did it?” She smiled

“Really” Michael grinned

“Hang on I’ll check” Liz said placing her left hand above her right one and after a glow turned to Michael “You did you healed it”

“Since when do you have powers?” He asked his eyes wide

“Since Max healed me” Liz replied scrunching her face in case she got yelled at

“Does anyone else know?” Michael questioned

“Just you” Liz whispered before getting a message from her mother that she had to come in and work “Shit, I gotta go work, listen I’ll tell Maria she might come over if you get stuck with her just come over to mine” Liz said winking as she left the apartment

Michael took a deep breath as he sat on his couch “I have kissed Liz Parker had her believing in me, lost my best friend, and had Liz Parker defend me to Max before confiding in me. I have done something right for change” Michael mumbled to himself, shaking his head before watching the game on ESPN

“Hey Maria listen we need to talk” Liz said when she walked into the break room

“You and Michael” Maria scoffed “I know I don’t care” She stated with a shrug

“You don’t care?” Liz asked

“Well I do but I’m leaving for New York in less than two weeks and I don’t want my remaining time here to be spent holding a grudge against you. I can do that when I get there. Besides Max warned me” Maria pointed out “Now get your uniform on chica the place is packed” she added heading back out to the diner

~

Three weeks later the plan was still working Liz and Michael even had moments when they thought they were going out. Liz was often over at Michaels place and they had become great friends. After Maria had gone to New York to take part in a Broadway musical Liz and Tess began to slowly get to know each other too soon realizing they had a great deal in common.

One Sunday afternoon Liz had gone to Michael’s letting herself in when she arrived

“Hey Parker” Michael hollered knowing it was her

“Mikey G, what's happening?” Liz asked as she sat on his couch with her head on his lap and her legs over the side

“Lakers are up by 15 at half time” He replied “Isn’t Tess sleeping at yours tonight?”

“Yeah I won’t be here for long…GO” She yelled at the TV smiling when the Lakers scored two more points

“Look at you getting into the game” He chuckled as he began threading his fingers through her hair

“Well you explained it to me I understand it now” Liz replied

“Oh yeah I’ll do it properly; Miss Parker would you do me the honor of allowing me to accompany you to the dance this Thursday night” He stated in a very posh sounding accent

“Why of course Mr. Guerin I would be delighted”

Kyle walked in as they burst out laughing “What's wrong with you two?” He asked as he sat down all three of them were paying attention to the conversation yet they all had their eyes fixated on the game

“Nothin, hey did you ask her?” Michael replied

“Tess? Yeah we’re going to Prom together but as friends, I uh panicked” Kyle gulped

“Shit I should buy a dress huh?” Liz questioned and Michael turned to her

“Procrastination ey? Parker I like it” He chuckled

Once the game had finished Liz headed home leaving Michael and Kyle

“I thought you two were faking it” Kyle stated

“We are but she doesn’t know I told you about it” Michael replied

“Yeah apart from that you guys were all touchy feely when I got here” Kyle pointed out

“Man I’m milking for all its worth the relationship may be fake but the friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to me” Michael stated honestly

“You like her a lot though don’t you” Kyle smirked

“Like her?” Michael paused slightly “My first day of school, I had been introduced and shit but at recess Liz bumped into me and chuckled words ‘Sorry Mikey’ and I have had a crush on her ever since. But now” Michael paused “I fell and I fell hard man”

“Wow, are you gonna tell her?” Kyle asked

“I can’t. Not yet anyway, if she feels differently then I don’t get to see her anywhere near as much as I am at the moment” Michael stated “Besides when are you gonna tell Tess?”

“It’ll work itself out at Prom, shit like that always gets fixed at prom” Kyle stated

“Obviously not Buddha talking” Michael chuckled

“Buddha didn’t think of a situation like this” Kyle shot back

Meanwhile in Liz’s room she and Tess were having their own spill session over a tub of ice cream

“I mean just as friends?” Tess whined “Does he even know I like him?”

“Nope, but he likes you he only said as friends because he panicked” Liz stated casually

“What?” Tess gasped “Really?”

“Dead set” Liz replied

“Far out” Tess mumbled with a slight smile on her face “Anyway how are you and Michael going?” Tess asked

“The other day I saw him in just a towel and he was still half wet” Liz stated

“Yeah?”

“My legs went weak then and there; thank fuck he didn’t notice” She chuckled

“I thought the whole thing was fake” Tess commented

“It is, but I don’t know I…” Liz paused “We are such good friends which I love and I don’t want to change but… I think I am falling in love with him”

Tess squealed excitedly “Really?”

“Really, but I can’t say anything if he doesn’t like me as much then I will have messed up everything and made an ass out of myself”

“Use the situation you guys are in to your advantage” Tess replied with a wicked smile on her face

“How?” Liz asked with a raised eyebrow, obviously intrigued

“Go over the top with the public displays of affection and after a few days he’ll say something and you’ll hook up or he won’t say anything and you’ll stay how you are” Tess pointed out

“You know Tess that just might work” Liz stated thoughtfully

~

By Thursday morning Liz had indeed been kissing Michael for longer and more often than necessary. She had just returned from the mall and Tess was dropping some things off at home before she and Liz were getting ready for prom together

When she walked into the crashdown she saw Michael sitting with Kyle and walked over “Hey babe” She said kissing Michael before walking out back into the break room

A few moments later Michael had followed her “Have I missed something Parker? You are very kissy lately”

Liz turned and seductively walked towards him “I can’t help it if I like kissing you” She stated in a sultry voice before kissing him and wrapping her arms around his neck

Michael was four different kinds of confused but wrapped his arms around Liz and pulled her so she was flush against him before parting his lips and deepening the kiss

“Break it up you two” Tess said when she walked in “Liz its time we got ready for prom you can fuck your boyfriend later” she stated

Liz pondered for a brief moment before going bright red “Yeah uh I’ll see you here bout seven thirty” Liz said before heading upstairs with Tess behind her

“Oh my god!” Liz gasped once inside her apartment

“Why do I get the feeling what I suggested on Sunday is working for you” Tess smirked

“I don’t even know what's going on all I know is that was amazing” Liz said using her hand to fan herself off

“Come on we got like two hours to get ready” Tess stated

Almost two hours later the girls were ready. Liz was in a black halter neck dress with a split up to her mid-thigh on one side. Her hair was up with a few random strands hanging down.

Tess was in a baby blue spaghetti strap dress with a split up to her knee on one side. Liz had used her powers to straighten Tess’s hair.

“Tess! Parker!” They heard the guys yelling from downstairs

“You ready girl?” Tess asked smiling

“As I’ll ever be” Liz sighed before they headed out

Kyle and Michael were frozen on the spot as they looked their dates up and down. “Are they okay?” Tess whispered to Liz

“I think they just need a second” She whispered back “We look damn good”

Moments later they snapped out of it and walked towards their dates

“Liz you look amazing” Michael whispered as he pulled a corsage from behind his back “Here” he said as he pinned the deep blue corsage onto her wrist

“You look so good in a suit, you should wear them more often” Liz whispered as she hugged him before all four of them headed to the dance.

Ten minutes into the prom Here with me by dido began to play and Michael held out his hand for Liz. She accepted and once on the dance floor they wrapped their arms around each other

“You gonna explain what happened this afternoon?” Michael questioned with a smirk

Liz sighed pulling back slightly so she could look him in the eye. Michael looked a little fearful she was going to break up with him, so to speak “Michael I have so much fun when I am with you I never want it to change but I can’t keep living a lie” She paused and Michael’s face fell “I love you”

“That’s okay Liz it was fun while it – What?” He gasped his eyes widening when what Liz had said sunk in

“I thought it was just a crush at first but then I realized what I felt…happy… and well I Love you” Liz explained nervously, glancing up to see Michael with a content look on his face

“I love you to Liz” He whispered pulling her close and kissing her for the rest of the song

The End