Masquerade (Adult/CC/UC/Crossover) Started *char open*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Masquerade (Adult/CC/UC/Crossover) Started *char open*

Post by StormWolfstone »

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO if's, and's or buts...

Name: Masquerade
Rating: Adult
Disclaimer: I own nothing. I am simply opening up a world of possibilities within the imagination.
Crossover: Roswell, Smallville (Clark and Lana only), Kindred: The Embraced, Buffy
Couples: UC and some CC

Rules: Sample posts required. Must post at least 3 paragraph's and include some real emotions.

CO-CREATOR (Inspiration): Madroswellfan

Summary:
Roswell Crew: After Alex died, except unknown to the Roswell crew he isn't exactly dead. Tess didn't mindwarp him, she didn't kill him. Instead, unknown to them Alex has joined the undead. He is a Vampire, but not in the sense most think of vampires. Basically, we'd be starting just after the funeral.

Clark went to Roswell because Lana, his long time girlfriend suddenly began acting strangely, not seeming to be herself. When she packs up her things to move, he can't keep from following her. What he doesn't know is that Lana was attacked one night and became Bruja. Her sire has called her to follow him back to where he lives, in Roswell.

Buffy Crew: Willow,Buffy and Angel are the only ones going to Roswell, because Willow learned of a way that Angel might be able to become more normal and not have to worry about the curse. (After the end of Season 6)

Kindred: The Embraced part: None of the actual show characters will be in this however there are six characters based off of the show that are. They are the vampire, the primogen that run the Clans in Roswell and the surrounding area. The Prince of the City, Damien is a Ventrue who's word is law. The Toreador primogen, Shyenne has been his lover for years. The Bruja primogen, Lily, hates Damien with a passion and is plotting to overthrow the Ventrue Prince. Lance is the Nosferatu Primogen, devoted to his Prince and the Kindred law. The Gangrel Primogen is named Malachi who saved Alex's life when a rogue Kindred attacked him. He saved him by Embracing him. However, they then had to fake Alex's death. Marik, Ventrue Primogen, is ailing, his time has almost come, but he has one last thing to gift his Prince with.

Facts: Kindred can walk in the daylight as long as they have fed, however they are never known by humans as being different. Kindred can shapeshift into birds of prey and wolves. It takes little time. Kindred live by a law seperate from humans, however also allow some human law to dictate. Kindred can see the past of an object simply by holding it. A central tenet of the Masquerade is that Kindred must follow the Laws of Man.

Couples:

Starting:

Clark/Lana
Maria/Michael
Liz/Max
Shyenne/Damien

Eventual:

Clark/Willow
Alex/Shyenne
Maria/Michael
Tess/Malachi
Kyle/Lily
Max/Liz
Lance/ Lana
Damien/ Buffy
Angel/Isabel

Bio's:

Lance: For five hundred years, he has served as Primogen, remaining mostly out of sight. When one becomes Nosferatu, they are changed and society would never welcome them into their folds. So, he remains underground in his own apothecary, studying and creating the mystical forces he has worked with for over a thousand years. He is the oldest living Nosferatu, but none would know it by looking at him.

Shyenne: Music had always been her life, but she had never expected to have her true life cut short and find herself as a Kindred. Her career had been going somewhere but fifty years ago, she'd been forced to change. Now, she was a Primogen and though she couldn't do as much as she would have liked to, she does own a rather influencial chain of clubs throughout the world, as well as hotels. She has made a great deal of money for someone that looks to most as though she is barely drinking age.

Malachi: A rebel, a gypsy, he is loyal only to his own kind. When asked to be the bodyguard to the Prince, he is amazed but since his sire had been the Primogen and had done the job, he takes it. His clan will do everything that they can to protect their Prince.

Lily: It only seemed fitting to Lily, growing up in a mobster home and ending up embraced into a clan of mobsters. The life was easy for her to adjust to. Of course, her sire had given her the option, she just hadn't believed him. Still, as Primogen, she enjoys many things, but her main desire is the destruction of her Prince and his lover.

Damien: Prince of the City. It wasn't exactly something that he had ever expected to become, but the former Prince, Marik had entrusted him with the obligation and he was determined to take it. The loss of his wife and children before he was embraced had sent him down a destructive path and it was Marik that had given him a place, a purpose, turned him into something stronger. It didn't mean that he missed loving his wife, but its been nearly five hundred years and he still has had the chance to see his line continue with the only son he had survive.

Marik: The former Prince, Marik has lived well over a thousand years. He and Lance have been friends since shortly after he himself was embraced. Though in many ways Kindred are immortal, it is not completely so. Eventually, even with feeding and doing what one must, a Kindred can die of 'old age'. Marik has lived out his days and knows that his time is coming, but he is determined that he will live for a while longer.

The Ventrue The members of the Ventrue Clan are usually rich. Highly selective of both the humans they choose to embrace, and the blood they drink. They are often called the "blue bloods". Ventrues tend to hold positions in high levels of society, usually residing in mansions or palaces depending on the decade. They will often wear the time period clothing of their human years or remain around their birth place location. Members of the Ventrue Clan are the most humane, and will often be in some sort of control over Kindred and humans alike. Their strongest weapon is "Dominate", which allows them to dominate human minds at an extremely high level. The Ventrue symbol is the "sceptem". Or some may call it the "King of Chess", either way, it shows the strength and power of the noblest of the clans.
Interesting facts: Fights among Ventrues are traditionally settled with a fencing match.

Brujah
The Brujah are primarily anarchists. They are the newest of the clans. They constantly defy orders and laws -- both Kindred and human. They are made up of mobsters, rebels, and other gangsters. They have an intense blood feud with the Gangrels and look for any excuse to start a fight with them.
Daedalus: "The Brujah never listen to reason; they only understand carnage."

The Gangrel Know primarily for being loners. The Gangrels rarely choose the company of others. They reside primarily on the streets, and tend to associate only with their own clan members. Contrary to the show, the Gangrels do get along with the Brujahs. Members of this clan are usually quiet. They have an extreme connection with wolves, and are often prone to outbursts of anger that will often cause them to lose their human looks, and jump into a more "beastly" look, with long claws, and hairy features. Their symbol is the "lone wolf".
Interesting fact: The Gangrels are the only vampires allowed inside werewolf territory.
The Gangrels are fiercely independent hot heads, whose ranks are made up mostly of bikers and rockers.
The Gangrel clan, these fellows are more of outsiders, gang members and enforcers.

Nosferatu
The oldest clan, the Nosferatu, are subterranean and savage.
Nosferatu clan: the kindred of this clan are very much on the background , they do not interfere with the mortal world...and remain always underground which gives them their title of "Sewer Rats". They are the least human-like However even though they're appearance might not be pleasant, they are very much educated, down to earth beings.

The Toreador Lovers of the arts , music and beauty. The Toreadors are considered to be the most sophisticated of all the Kindred, and the only ones who bother to keep up with human fashion. They reside primarily on crowded, well entertained cities. Will often spend time in or own night clubs. The members of this clan are usually the second to become Princes. They are often peaceful, self-controlled Kindred. They and the Ventrues get along extremely well. Both are extremely loyal to the rules of the Masquerade. A Toreador's night club is often used as an "Elysium", a place where all the Kindred can gather together in peace. The Toreador symbol is the "black rose". It represents all the beauty that lives in the night. But be careful, all roses have thorns.
Interesting fact: Toreadors can get extremely spellbound by art. They have been known to stare at neon boards for hours.
The Toreadors are artists and lovers of creativity.

Terminology

Anarch - Rebels among the Kindred with no respect for their Elders.

Ancilla - Young Kindred who have proven themselves to be loyal and obey the Laws.

Antideluvian - Ancient and powerful vampires of the third generation.

Archon - A powerful Kindred who wanders from city to city to enforce the Laws.

The Beast - The animal side that exists in all Kindred, their lives are devoted to denying this urge.

Blood Hunt - A declaration that a Kindred may be hunted by any in the city and destroyed without retribution. Only a Prince can call the Blood Hunt.

Brood - A group of Kindred from one Sire.

Caitiff - A clanless Kindred.

Camarilla - Global sect of Kindred in which any may join so long as they uphold the Laws.

Childe - The Name for a human who was just embraced, who has not yet proven themselves.

Clan - A group of Kindred who share the same bloodlines and thus the same characteristics.

Conclave - The meeting of the Prince and Primogens of the Camarilla.

Elder - Older, more powerful vampires. They are usually in positions of political authority.

Embrace - The act of turning a human into a Kindred.

Ghoul - A mortal servant that is tied to a Kindred by having drunk their blood.

Golconda - The state to which many Kindred aspire, in which the balance between bestiality and humanity is reached.

Kindred - The name the vampires call themselves.

Kine - A contemptuous term for mortals.

Masquerade - The law that states that Kindred must keep themselves hidden from humans. Any Kindred that breaks the Masquerade must be killed. Humans that find out about Kindred are either killed, Embraced, or made to forget.

Neonate - A Young Kindred who has been accepted into society but has yet to prove themself.

Primogen - The chosen leader of a Clan, whose authority is second only to the Prince.

Prince - The ruler of the Kindred in any City, who holds authority to make and enforce laws in that city.

Sabbat - Opposing sect of Kindred who are often violent and cruel.

Sire - Any Kindred who Embraces a human.

Thrall - A Kindred who is held by a blood bond to another Kindred.

Damien - Storm
Lance - Storm
Malachi - Storm
Shyenne - alizaleven
Lily - Storm
Angel - Madroswellfan
Clark - Madroswellfan
Lana - OnDragonflyWings
Buffy - alizaleven
Willow - Storm
Isabel - Storm
Kyle - OnDragonflyWings
Maria - FaithfulAngel24
Max - Dream Weaver
Liz - alizaleven
Tess - alizaleven
Alex - Storm
Michael RiaRath101

NOTES:

Ventrue and Bruja are enemies
Gangrel and Bruja are enemies
Nosferatu are neutral
Toreador are neutral
Last edited by StormWolfstone on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:41 pm, edited 17 times in total.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Dreamer_Dreaming »

Lily or Shyenne? either or is fine.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

I'll need a sample post.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
NikkiA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by NikkiA »

Shyenne please?

I'll get to work on the sample post. Should I send it to you or post it on the board?

I'm assuming her club is also the Elysium for Roswell?

I can temp for Maria if you need it.

Peace Out,
Nicole
I WAS AT A PARTY, he added, a shade reproachfully.
-- Death is summoned by the Wizards (Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic)
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Anyone sending sample posts will need to PM them to me. As to the clubs, not actually...

There will be a different type of club. The club that is in Roswell will be called Embrace, as are all of her other clubs.

As to temping, I'll let you know. Again that would be a sample post I'd need.

I've had people ask me what I want in a sample post... here's the basics.

I want you to write from the characters point of view, what they feel think and what they might be doing. I want to be certain that whoever gets the character can actually get into the characters head.

I'd also like... if you send in a sample and someone else gets the character, would there be another character you might be interested in?? please include that with the sample post. Once all these characters are filled, I will allow other Kindred to be created.
A List of All My Fics

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

So far, I have three people who are pending audition posts. I will not make a decision until I recieve all of the audtions. Feel free to PM me with questions if you feel there is more information you are needing.
A List of All My Fics

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Bumping this....

Once a person sends and audition post and are accepted you can post. I will be posting the starters for my characters soon.
A List of All My Fics

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Starting Posts

~Willow~

I’d done so much research, spent several years trying to locate something to help Angel. I wanted to find something to give him the chance to have true happiness and after going to England with Giles, unknown to him or the coven that had aided me, I’d found a possible contact. Someone named Lance that lived in Roswell, New Mexico. He’d stated that he had a probable idea of something that could aid the vampire I’d made mention of. He himself was a vampire with a soul and who could experience life normally.

My research led me further and I finally decided that I had to follow up on it. I didn’t tell Buffy the reason, but I told Angel that I wanted him to go with me. I told him that I wasn’t trying to get his hopes up but this other vampire might really have answers and I wanted to see what we could learn.

So, here we were, arriving under the cover of the night after having traveled only at night for the last few days. A hotel had already been reserved by me a week before but for some reason they lost the reservation and we ended up in a suite that was more expensive then anything I’d ever owned, Angel had offered to pay but the manager had stated that the bill was already paid up for a month. Room service and everything had been paid for. I had a feeling that it was Lance that had set it up, but I wouldn’t be meeting with him until later tonight if I could get a moment alone when I entered the club where he said he’d be, or otherwise it would be tomorrow morning.

So, for now, we just decided to settle in and get to know the new area. I’d made contact through the net with a local coven, a real one. I know the others worry about me using magic, especially after what happened when I lost Tara, but I’m getting better. I learned control and right now, I just need a circle around me from time to time.

With a smile, I turn to Angel, “Why don’t we go check out the clubs around here, see what we might be dealing with?”
A List of All My Fics

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Lance~

Unlike most of my Nosferatu counter parts, I was lucky enough to have only experienced a slight change in appearance when I was embraced. I received only the change in my ears, which most still enjoyed the sight of. The Toreador were constantly after me for pleasure, but because of being a Primogen I didn’t take things very lightly. Shyenne had a way of making me feel welcome if I ever visited her club. She’d let me use the VIP section where I could remain unseen and I’d have the chance to watch her performers, watch the crowd and sometimes she’d even help guide an unsuspecting human my way so I could get the chance to feed in a normal manner.

Still, I was not one for being out in the open with others. I was more the type to simply settle in and work beneath ground in the catacombs that were connected to the manor where the conclave often took place. Damien and I were close friends since I’d met him and I was also loyal to him since he was our Prince, just as I’d been loyal to Marik before him. Of course, I was changing with the times so that I had a compute set up in my space, with wires running down so that I could be connected to the internet.

It was often interesting contacting different people, learning that there were still those that felt ties to the old ways. Just as I was still very much the Druid at heart as had been many centuries ago. I never told anyone just how old I was. Age was pointless when you were Kindred. Nosferatu actually lived much longer then any other Kindred. Eventually, even Kindred die, but it can be centuries before the body breaks down enough for that.

Nosferatu have a deep tie to the mystical, this is what allows us to have longer lives then those that don’t. We recognize that there are still forces that can aid us and we often know how to let nature allow us to have that guidance. It is that knowledge that leads me to be making my way to the club this night.

I’d made contact a month ago with a human, a girl named Willow who I knew from sources was a very powerful witch. She was seeking a soul cure. A way to aid a vampire that had a soul in having a curse removed that was connected to that soul. I’d checked into the ancient texts that Nosferatu such as myself had been keeping and I found a possibility that I was going to discuss with the girl in person. She was supposed to be in town tonight and her vampire was supposed to be with her.

One thing that seemed interesting was that she’d asked for me to talk to her alone and not with him present, something about getting his hopes up. Seemed fine to me, I would rather not get into trouble because the wrong people said something. I’d already received permission from The Prince in order to respond to her in the first place. It was only because despite her human status, she was tied strongly to the preternatural.

As usual, when I reached the club, I went in through the back, making my way up the back way to the VIP section where I always sat. It was set aside for only those of Kindred status that were considered high on the list. Meaning, Prince and Primogen and our seconds, unless we placed another name on the guest list. I had actually set it up so that Willow’s name was there.

Once I was seated, one of the waitresses came over and asked me if I wanted my usual to which I responded with a nod. Tonight, one of the humans performing in Embrace was a lovely woman that we were proud to have come back. I usually chose certain performers to come and watch, unless of course Damien requested my presence on other nights.
A List of All My Fics

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Damien~

Although I am not entirely happy with the fact that Malachi embraced a human, I do understand that it was a response to seeing what was about to be done forcefully and at the last moment, that human had given my permission to be embraced. Still, a new Gangrel was not going to be easy to get used to. My ruling was that none were to be embraced without my permission. I didn’t need the clans getting too out of control. It was bad enough that once this Alex was embraced and they found out who the Bruja had been that had attempted to forcefully embrace him, he’d had to declare a blood hunt.

I still remember the day Malachi faced me without fear of retribution and told me that he doesn’t bow to no one, and that their Primogen Rodney had been the only boss they’d have. I’d asked Malachi who was the new Primogen to take Rodney’s place as my bodyguard. Told him I trusted Rodney and wanted a clan I could trust, one that wouldn’t be bought to be at my back. I guess I’d impressed him because he agreed.

I worked hard to keep peace amongst the clans; the peace was teetering with some of the clans, especially the Bruja. Lily had only been Primogen for a hundred years, but already she was proving to be worse then her predecessor. Shy, well she had been Primogen of the Toreador almost as long as I’d been Prince. Having that vixen at my side was both a pleasure and a boon. She had been my lover for nearly seventy years now and I never tired of her. Her passion, her experience and her zest for life often helped keep me going.

It didn’t stop either of us from taking other lovers, we did so on occasion but we always came back to each other. And, we never let ourselves get close to humans. If a human were to have sex with Kindred, they would find themselves filled with a hunger they couldn’t understand, unable to accept what it was to be with another human because they would always miss what they had with one of our kind. Some, in the past, had even been known to go crazy because of that one taste.

Women of the Toreador are like sirens, they are the more seductive of Kindred kind, and I pity any human that only gets one taste of them. They have the power to make men want them; I have yet to meet a human like that. Then again, very few humans interest me. If not for the importance of the Masquerade, we would hardly deal with them. After the massacre of my kind over a thousand years ago, it became important that we co-exist with humans without them being able to learn the truth about us.

Going to the club, I have every intention of checking up first on the new Gangrel who Malachi has promised me would be amongst my guards this evening, but also to see my lover. She had a new protégé and I was more then looking forward to seeing whether this one would be as great as her last. Shyenne had a way of making stars come out from her club, which I was a silent investor in. This was the only club she owned that I’d invested in.

Entering Embrace I smile as I walk through the crowd and make my way up the stairs to the VIP landing. “Ralph, I’ll need a vodka martini and let the Lady of the House know that I have arrived and would like to see her at her earliest convenience.” Not only was Shy my lover but in many ways she was also a best-friend. Only Lance was closer to me then her when it came to the friendship bit.

As Ralph nods and walks away, I take my place and turn, noting that Lance is in place. I know that he is looking forward to the chance to talk shop with someone that is more an outsider at points and I am determined to let him do so.
A List of All My Fics