Gone Away CC A/I teen 8/4/2007

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

greywolf
Roswell Fanatic

Gone Away CC A/I teen 8/4/2007

Post by greywolf »

Gone away….
By Greywolf
Couples A/I
Teen
Disclaimer: I own none of the characters in Roswell. This is just for fun
Summary: Hey..it's a single posting piece of fluff. I just needed something fun to start the day with...it's already complete.

She lay there in the big bed….in that twilight zone between sleep and wakefulness. Her head throbbed painfully…but the real pain for her was in the memories…the memories of how it might have been.

She remembered the party they’d planned to send him off…it had bothered her from the beginning…even in the planning stages. She wasn’t sure why that was…not even now. It had seemed like such a normal thing…a bunch of friends gathering to say goodbye as another friend went off to Sweden for a three month student exchange. But her heart had told her even then…it wasn’t just three months. Somehow it had known…even if her brain had not…that something would change between them in that three months…that somehow they would lose something precious….not something they even had really, but something they might have had.

It was her fault, she knew, as she lay there with her temples pounding pain into her brain with every heartbeat. Even from the first. She could have trusted him with the truth…not tried to vamp him into being quiet about the blood he’d given when Max had been injured. She could have been open and honest and… 'God….when did the Ice Princess persona become real?’ she asked herself.

She remembered the words bitterly…. ‘It can’t be a date, Alex….can’t be anything like a date…’
And now he was gone….gone off to Sweden and somehow her heart knew….somehow the trip would change him…somehow it would never be the same again.

Not that she wanted it the same….not really. Not the Ice Princess…eternally holding the world at arm’s length….. ‘No…admit it Isabel. At least admit it to yourself…always holding Alex at arm’s length.’ There were excuses…many of them she knew, why she’d done it. But they were only excuses….her heart knew that, even if her brain refused to admit it.

So she’d gone to the damn party, and pretended to have a good time….pretended that him going away had been a wonderful thing…the phony smile of the Ice Princess keeping the world from knowing just how much she really feared his going. They’d all been there…Maria, Liz, Tess, Michael, Max,.

And it seemed like only yesterday…, afterwards as she’d gone out alone with him to say her last goodbye at the Roswell airport before he boarded the small commuter plane to El Paso…. Even the Whits had shown up to bid him farewell. She remembered Billy…the drummer, whipping out a little hip flask and toasting Alex… “to a great 3 months in Sweden…land of the blondes.”

She’d toasted him as well as the flask was handed around…she remembered thinking that she wished one blonde was going with him….. and even then she thought her heart had known….known that somehow his departure would change things forever.

As she felt movement on the mattress next to her….Isabel sat up in bed….the sheet dropping from her naked body to her waist. The movement was from the man next to her…lying fully clothed above the covers.

“Alex?”

His eyes fluttered open…then went wide as he saw her….his head quickly turning to look away…although his eyes seemed to feast upon what they saw in that fraction of a second. Her head pounded unmercifully as she pulled the sheet up to her neck….her mind in total confusion.

“It’s OK, Isabel…it’s OK. I think you got drunk…you just had one swallow from the flask…then you really lost it. You started giggling…using your powers in public. I had to get you out of there so no one would see.”

She looked at…what obviously was a hotel room…her clothes draped haphazardly throughout the room. “What is this…?”

Alex blushed deeply…struggling to find the words. “It’s Reno…Reno Nevada. You insisted we come here…I had to humor you or you used your powers.. You forged permission slips….we were married yesterday…”

“Did you…..did we….?”

“God no, Isabel…I mean…you didn’t know what you were doing….I could never take advantage of you like that...you were drunk.”

The question had been a stupid one...she'd known that at once. Of course Alex would never take advantage of her...her heart knew that...and so did her hungover brain.

She looked at him…laying fully clothed. The memories started to come back to her. She’d stripped off her clothes in front of him…and he’d crowded her into the bed and covered her..laying on the blankets to keep her still until she’d finally gone to sleep. Apparently he had fallen asleep too…it must have been almost 16 hours ago.

“Well I’m not drunk now..” she said, as she sat up.

“Well that’s good,” he started…then quickly looked at the opposite wall as he saw the sheet slide again to her waist. “Uh…we need to call your folks and let them know you’re OK….then we need to get you some clothes…unless you can molecular manipulate some of those you sort of tore off yourself to mend them….we need to get tickets back to Roswell…and before that ....we probably better get an annulment…

He wouldn’t be the perfect husband, she realized as she looked at him. He tended to babble when he was excited….like he was doing now. Sometimes his priorities were all wrong…oh sure, they needed to reassure the folks…but they could take a few hours first to complicate any efforts their folks might want to make to annul their marriage….and he sometimes overdressed for a party…and most certainly for this one.

But if there’s one thing an Ice Princess is good at…it’s makeovers. By the time she’d dissolved the last button on his shirt the babbling had been replaced with speechlessness and by the time the belt and zipper went……

'Well,' she thought, 'with a little encouragement Alex rises to the occasion quite nicely.'

Besides, she’d have a whole summer to make him over before school resumed….a summer he most certainly wouldn’t be spending anywhere but in Roswell.
Last edited by greywolf on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.