People who bug you

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: People who bug you

Post by Earth2Mama »

April wrote:I cannot stand my Educational Psychology Professor (aka: Professor Fuckface) any longer. I have put up with this dumbass for the entire semester, and I'm at my breaking point with him. I'm taking my complaints about him to the Department Chair, and if that doesn't work, to the Dean. I swear, this guy . . . :roll:
Oh boy ... what did he do?
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ohh yes the fun old college professors :roll: I got into it very badly with my English Lit II one back during the very short time I was in college.I hope you have better luck than I did April
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I hate people who write in all caps. It's so rude.

We just got a circular email at work today to make sure that nobody parked in a certain spot because there's an important delivery due. Great. Except the email was in bold, large letters, some of it was red and it was all in capital letters. It felt like I was being screamed at. It was way too much and completely unnecessary. They had the place cordoned off anyway. The email writer came across as a jackass bully.

Using all caps does not emphasise your point. It does not make people listen and behave. It pisses people off and makes the all caps user look like a twat.
Banner by Evelyn
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

tequathisy wrote:I hate people who write in all caps. It's so rude.

We just got a circular email at work today to make sure that nobody parked in a certain spot because there's an important delivery due. Great. Except the email was in bold, large letters, some of it was red and it was all in capital letters. It felt like I was being screamed at. It was way too much and completely unnecessary. They had the place cordoned off anyway. The email writer came across as a jackass bully.

Using all caps does not emphasise your point. It does not make people listen and behave. It pisses people off and makes the all caps user look like a twat.
Didn't you know? Caps lock is cruise control for cool. Nothing makes your point more rationally and persuasively as screaming and shouting.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Earth2Mama wrote:
April wrote:I cannot stand my Educational Psychology Professor (aka: Professor Fuckface) any longer. I have put up with this dumbass for the entire semester, and I'm at my breaking point with him. I'm taking my complaints about him to the Department Chair, and if that doesn't work, to the Dean. I swear, this guy . . . :roll:
Oh boy ... what did he do?
It's so stupid. I feel like we're having an issue about something that shouldn't even be an issue.

There was an assignment that we had to do where we had to make a powerpoint covering some of the information we had discussed in our lectures, and then we had to make a video presentation out of that powerpoint. So what most students are doing is just being boring and filming their computer screens, showing the powerpoint slides, and talking through the slides. But I tried to be a little more creative. I made a video on Movie Maker that has effects, music in the background, etc., and uploaded it to my "educational" Youtube account (which is different thant he one I use for all my Roswell vids and stuff). It's pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I spent SIX HOURS working on it and getting it all done. I was so proud of it. My classmates said they loved it and really wanted to do a video like I had rather than just filming their computer screens.

The thing is, my video has no "audio component." I'm not talking during the video. Big deal. I still expressed my thoughts through writing. This audio component was NOT laid out as a requirement when the assignment was originally given to us. He only added this on as a requirement after someone in the class asked him about it. So basically I did six hours of work for nothing. He said that the way I did it was wrong. I'm arguing that the way I did it was right because he didn't tell us to do otherwise. To me, it's so simple that there shouldn't even be an issue. That's all there is to it right there. He messed up.

Am I right or am I right?
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Asshole! :roll:

Basically, he's trying to cover his ass and put it off on you - like you should have "known" about ALL the requirements, regardless.

I agree with you. He's a twat.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Earth2Mama wrote:Asshole! :roll:

Basically, he's trying to cover his ass and put it off on you - like you should have "known" about ALL the requirements, regardless.

Exactly. I'm meeting with him after class on Tuesday. I doubt I'll change his mind, but at least I'll know I tried. I'll do what I have to do to get the grade I deserve, but he'll know that I'm not happy about it.

Let's just say that Professor Fuckface is going to get one colorful teaching evaluation from me at the end of the semester. :twisted:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

April wrote:
Earth2Mama wrote:Asshole! :roll:

Exactly. I'm meeting with him after class on Tuesday. I doubt I'll change his mind, but at least I'll know I tried. I'll do what I have to do to get the grade I deserve, but he'll know that I'm not happy about it.

Let's just say that Professor Fuckface is going to get one colorful teaching evaluation from me at the end of the semester. :twisted:
If he won't accept it, go above him, like you were talking. That's bullshit.
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

People who ask "do you work here" when you are wearing the uniform and the name tag. I just enjoy walking around being bothered all day by their stupid questions.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

People who get in the 12 items or less express lane with a full over flowing cart! :roll: And than when the cashier tells them they have to many items they want to pitch a fit over all the other lines being too long and how the cashier should check them out no matter how many items they have in their cart.....all of this holds up those of us who actually only have 12 items or less in our carts :roll: