Asian Roswellians #2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Hey there! Sounds like you're really enjoying yourself! That's great! I read up on some traditions (it was on the website), they sounds good. I do consider BMC as an option. Though I'm trying not to let my hopes up...ya know, anything can happen. And doesn't always go your way. Oh, what's this about the prospective students weekend?

Hmmm...end of March, early April? I sooo cannot wait!

Lol. About school, I'm ready to bolt outta here!

~Benz :)
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Hey guys!

Sounds like you're having fun! I'm graduating this ear too and I can't wait for it! :D I've applied to universities in my country only but I'm desperatly hoping to get into LUMS (it's in Lahore) I need to get out of Karachi for a while. As much as I love this place, university experience away from home becokns :wink:

By the way, which college is BMC? Good luck in getting in those acceptance letters Benz! I know how tense the waiting can be! :shock: I'm going through it too! :lol:

Angel it sounds like you are having a blast! :D You make university sound much, much more exciting!!

Later guys
Rida
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
Maxs Angel
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxs Angel »

Hey guys!

Benz Yeah, I am having such a wonderful time here. I've never met so many wonderful and amazing women in one place before. The traditions are WONDERFUL and I love Hell Week most of all!! Prospective students weekend is a weekend in April sometime when students who have been accepted come onto campus to spend the night, to get a feel for Bryn Mawr.

That's the college's name FallenMagic, Bryn Mawr College. It's near Philadelphia, PA in the USA. I'm originally from New Delhi, India. But I also really needed to go to college far away from home. And when BMC took me in I was SO HAPPY!!

Don't give up hope Benz, remember, you can never realize dreams till you actually dream them up!!

Anyways I have a ton of homework to do. Catcha all later

love
Angel
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Hey Rida, so in what field do you plan study? ...ahh...I'm trying not to think about college letters. But I just can't help myself- I basically had to glance and check my mailbox everyday!

Angel, you do make college sounds like fun. It's good! And I won't give up. Never! :D

Anyway, since we're talking about school & stuff... here's something fun for you guys to read. It can be very useful too!

It's not the fault of the student if he fails, because the year has
ONLY 365' days.

Typical academic year for a student.

1. Sundays-52,Sundays in a year, you know Sundays are for rest.
days left 313.

2. Summer holidays-50 where weather is very hot and difficult to
study. days left 263.

3. 8 hours daily sleep-means 130 days.
days left 141.

4. 1 hour for daily playing-(good for health) means 15 days.
days left 126.

5. 2 hours daily for food & other delicacies(chew properly &
eat)-means 30days. days left 96.

6. 1 hour for talking (man is a social animal)-means 15 days
days left 81.

7. Exam days per year atleast 35 days.
days left 46.

8. Quarterly, Half yearly and festival (holidays)-40 days.Balance 6
days.

9. For sickness atleast 3 days. remaining days 3.

10. Movies and functions atleast 2 days. 1 day left.

11. That 1 day is your birthday. "How can you study at that day?"
Balance days 0

"How can a student pass ?????"

:angel:
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Hey guys!

Benz, i'm planning on going into marketing and might minor in writing.

That little bit in your last post was funny! :lol: I have a good excuse now!
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

[quote="FallenMagic"]Benz, i'm planning on going into marketing and might minor in writing. [quote]Really? Me too! Well, kinda. I'm thinking of BBA (Business Administrationi) as a major. As for minor... I have no idea, as of yet.

And did you hear the GREAT NEWS!! Lord of the Rings swept up all the 11 Oscars!!!! Oh, it's a beautiful day... 8)

:BIG:
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

I saw! :onfire: I saw the Oscars just last night and I was ecstatic that they swept the awards!!!!! Go LoTR! They rule! :D
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

I know they rock! ...heard the news before but I just had to watch the rerun too. I love the goofy imitation of ROTK, "The Return of the Host" starred Billy Crystal. My favorite was when he was Gollum. Priceless! :D
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Oh that was a classic! :lol: In fact the enitre parody was quite a lot of fun to watch but yes, LoTR did appeal more to me...hmm...I wonder why? :wink: Did you see him when he was looking like Legolas? :rofl:
I think my favorite was when the director got trmapled under those elephant-ish animals in the war (what are they called?) I found that hilarious! Oh and of course loved that little Jack Nicholas as Gandalf spoof! :lol:
EnDee

Post by EnDee »

We had a live telecast at 9 am but I had to go to work and only be able to catch the rerun at 10 pm. I stayed up until 2 in the morning just to watch the entire cast of LOTR again - too bad orli and viggo weren't there - which I never done before.
Boy, the opening act was hilarious. I wish I could download the entire parody from the internet.. kazaa perhaps?

FallenMagic wrote:I think my favorite was when the director got trmapled under those elephant-ish animals in the war (what are they called?) I found that hilarious! Oh and of course loved that little Jack Nicholas as Gandalf spoof! :lol:
That elephant-ish animal is called oliphant.