Presence Returned:Sequel(AU,M/L,ADULT)Epilogue*10/5*Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Chapter 11

Post by magikhands »

I know, I'm sorry. I'm really slacking but RL and distractions have really hit me hard. But....here is finally a new part :)

Chapter 11

Jorlen walked through the dim corridors, trying to remember the exact way to where Tyler was located. The other part of his brain was concentrating on a strategy to take toward Khivar. His earlier talk with Maxie had shed some light on his uncle and now he was trying to find the best way of attack. Jorlen heard voices ahead but he was barely listening.

He turned the corner and froze. His heart stopped beating for a moment. Before him was the most beautiful woman that he’d ever seen. She was standing by the stairs talking with a tall older man. She had a fascinating shade of red hair, worn long and held a slight curl. From his angle, Jorlen could see her luscious red lips move as she spoke. He could see her bright green eyes sparkle. Her lips curved into a smile, her laugh tinkled in the air. Jorlen’s heart began pounding in his chest. He thought that it was possible for these two people to hear it but neither turned his way.

He watched, mesmerized as she shook her head, her hair gliding over her shoulders. His eyes went lower and found that her shirt dipped low, showing an ample amount of cleavage. Jorlen’s mouth dried suddenly as his gaze slid a little lower until they rested upon her hardened nipples that pressed upon the fabric. Swallowing a groan, he tore his eyes from the hard peaks and found a slim waist and long legs covered with a pair of pants. This was a bit strange for Jorlen. In Pathia, women mostly wore dresses. Easy access they claimed for their activities. The guards were the only ones to wear pants but they were not designed such as this woman’s.

Jorlen’s mind was filled with sudden images of this woman doing erotic things. Never had he looked upon someone and felt as he did at that moment. Images flashed across his mind of this stranger touching him, kissing him. He closed his eyes and let the images fly by, reveling in the sensations that rocked his body.

Jorlen opened his eyes when the flashes stopped and found that he stood in the corridor alone. She was gone. He listened hard but heard no voices or footsteps. He hadn’t a clue which direction she left but he saw that he missed his chance. Jorlen sighed and looked around the area once more. Well, he thought, Maybe I will see her again. Then continued on his way to see Tyler.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Max and Liz walked hand in hand behind Jorlen as they entered a dining hall. Lucas, Alex, Isabel, and Tyler were already there. Shortly after that, Michael and Maria entered with Timberlyn trailing behind. She looked around but then her lips turned downward at the corners.

“Don’t worry Kiddo.” Lucas smiled at Timberlyn. “He’ll be here in a few.”

Timberlyn’s cheeks blushed and looked away while Lucas chuckled. He’d never seen Timberlyn take an interest in a boy before. He and Jorlen always chased them off in Pathia before she could become interested in them. He knew that this would be interesting.

Tyler’s wife, Serina entered the room then three others made an entrance that caught the attention of the three Pathians in the room. Timberlyn’s lips turned into a graceful smile as she watched Dravan walk in. He immediately saw her and his smile answered hers. Timberlyn did not notice the two women that surrounded Dravan but Lucas and Jorlen did.

Lucas’s eyes were immediately drawn to Maxie. Her presence in the room seemed to make the air feel heavy and his lungs had a hard time functioning as he tried to draw in a deep breath. Her beauty shocked him every time she entered a room. Her blue eyes met his brown and they both felt the shock of desire course through their bodies. Lucas stood straighter and his expression hardened. His mind suddenly reminded him of how she’d behaved earlier. He was not going to let his desire for this woman, this…princess, get to him. He was here to protect Jorlen and his family. No woman would deter him from his job.

Maxie saw the sudden change in Lucas from across the room. The kiss that they’d shared earlier was still fresh in her mind but at the change in his demeanor, she felt that it meant nothing to him. She responded the only way she knew, defensively. Her body stiffened and her own expression hardened as she adverted her eyes elsewhere besides the handsome features of the man who had struck a spark of desire and excitement for the first time in her life.

To Jorlen, the entire world ceased to exist. His red haired beauty had just walked into the room. He could not believe it. He had hoped to see her again or even question Jason about her but he had not expected to see her beautiful face again so soon. His eyes saw nothing but her as she walked, looking down and laughing. The smile her red lips formed was captivating. Suddenly he felt a hand clamp down on his shoulder and Jorlen was thrust back into reality. He tore his eyes from the goddess and found Michael standing behind him with a smirk.

“If you stare any harder Jorlen, she just might grow another head.” Michael chuckled into Jorlen’s ear.

Jorlen blushed but said nothing in response. What could he say? How could he deny it when he knew Michael would see right through it?

Jason walked in the dinning hall and greeted everyone. “Shall we sit?” He asked his guests indicating to the large table that was set up already.

Jason sat at one end of the table. To his left sat Tyler and his wife Serina. Maria and Michael came next followed by Timberlyn then Dravan, who kept giving wearied looks to Michael. To Jason’s right sat Quincy who had come in behind Jason, then Maxie. Astrid, the red haired woman came next followed by Isabel and Alex, then Lucas. Jorlen insisted on Max taking the other end of the table while he sat on Max’s right and Liz to Max’s left. Sixteen people in all sat at the table. All looking around hoping that they could trust the strangers that sat near them.

Several men and women brought in trays of food and everyone was served. The conversation was light and friendly. Timberlyn and Dravan talked throughout the meal to each other. Lucas and Maxie, due to their sitting arrangements could not see each other without being obvious so they kept their conversations to those near them and both feeling that it was for the best.

Jorlen was a different story. From where he sat, he had the perfect view of his goddess. Astrid. What a beautiful name and so fitting. The name meant Divine Strength and he could clearly see the strength that she held in her posture and grace that flowed through her body. Jorlen pushed the food around on his plate but his eyes kept going to Astrid.

Memories of the images he’d had earlier filled his mind. He could picture her lying upon his bed, looking up at him with the slightest of smirks. Her red hair cascading across the pillow. Her arms held out, waiting for him to fall into their embrace. Jorlen closed his eyes and concentrated on that vision. He could see himself now in her arms and their lips meeting, kissing. He could almost feel the warmth of her body pressed against his.

Suddenly the image changed and Jorlen’s stomach began to knot. Instead of Astrid lying upon the bed, he saw his sister Claudia. And it was not he in her arms, thank Goddess, but Wesley. Then he heard laughter in his mind while he held in a groan.

‘It serves you right.’ Claudia whispered to him.

‘What do you mean?’ Jorlen had to ask.

‘This is the third time you’ve done this to me today Jorlen. I couldn’t take it.’

‘Oh. I’m sorry Sis, I didn’t realize I was projecting it out to you.’

Claudia chuckled. ‘Tell that to the Elders I left in Court a little bit ago. I don’t think they were happy the way I stopped the proceeding and dragged Wesley out of there. I was just heading back when you did it again.’

Jorlen could feel his cheeks blushing. He knew the sexual appetite that his sister had and that being Queen, she could rightfully exercise the when and where of it. He was just glad that she took Wesley out of Court to take care of the problem.

Jorlen sighed. ‘Sorry. I will try to keep it under control.’

‘You better or else I’ll start sending you images and you know they won’t be fantasies.’

Jorlen grimaced. He’d seen Claudia naked throughout their lives. Nudity was not uncommon in Pathia but he did not want to know about her activities and such. That turned his stomach. It was bad enough that she was having sex at all. He’d always wanted to chase off any guy that had come calling, even Lucas, to protect her.

‘Want to talk about her?’ Claudia asked, sensing Jorlen’s feelings.

‘Not now…Later?’ He knew that he could always count on his sister for advice.

‘Alright…Just remember what I said.’ She threw him a quick image of Wesley slowly taking off his pants.

This time Jorlen groaned out loud. That was when he realized that the room was now silent. He slowly opened his eyes and found everyone at the table looking at him. His family figured what he had been doing after seeing him communicate with his sister many times. But the others were giving him strange looks.

Jorlen’s cheeks began to turn pink. “Oh, um….well…sorry.” He mumbled. He looked to his father for some help but Max just looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Are you alright?” Jason asked.

“Yes…sorry I was just…” He stopped mid-sentence wondering if he should continue. He looked down the table to Maxie who just smiled and gave a slight nod. He looked to his father again and he had the look of agreement.

“Tell them.” Liz encouraged softly.

“I was just speaking with my sister, Claudia?”

Jason, Tyler, Serena, and Astrid all looked at him, confusion written on their faces.

“My sister and I, we can communicate telepathically.” The room held silence, Jorlen held his breath.

“I’ve heard of twins being able to do that.” Serena said, breaking the thick silence. There was almost a silent sigh released in the air as her words were said. Jorlen relaxed a little until he heard the sweet voice talk directly to him.

“So, Jorlen. What is it you plan to do once you’ve gained control of Antar’s throne?” Her voice sounded bored except…when she had said his name, then it turned into a raspy whisper that she couldn’t seem to control.

Jorlen’s gaze went to where he had been avoiding since opening his eyes. He looked across the table not far from where Jason, her father sat, and looked directly into Astrid’s deep green eyes. Suddenly, for the first time since he’d laid eyes upon her, Jorlen realized that he could not feel her emotions. He looked hard at her and reached out to her but he hit a wall. A hard wall. She was blocking him. He was shocked. No one had ever been able to block him from sensing their emotions. He was too sensitive. But here she was, this beauty that had captivated him in every way. She could block him and he didn’t know if he liked that.

Bringing his thoughts to the presence, and realizing that everyone was waiting for him to answer, Jorlen took a deep breath and let it out before he spoke, calming his nerves. His eyes went to Maxie, his sister.

“I’m hoping to bring Antar back into the prosperous state that it once was during my Grandfather’s lifetime. But I won’t be doing it alone.”

“You mean you are taking a bride soon after taking the throne?” This question came from Jason.

“That would be nice if it could be arranged.” His eyes resisted going to Astrid. “But what I am saying is that Maxie will rule with me. We shall rule Antar as brother and sister. A shared power.”

“But Jorlen, she is a woman. Never has Antar had a woman to hold such power. Surely you can’t push that on the people and expect that they take hold to breaking centuries of tradition.”

Jorlen shook his head. “I know that it will not be an easy task and I will tread lightly when establishing the throne but it will happen. I feel that is why I’ve been called here to Antar. Maxie, in my eyes, is the true heir. She is the oldest and has the blood of my father and her mother, the current Queen Ava. That was who my Grandfather wanted to have the throne. I am but third in line in succession. However my sister, Claudia, is already occupied ruling our homeland, Pathia, leaving me.

“I believe that with Maxie’s help, we can change the rule of succession to the first heir born. Not the first male or as in Pathia, the first female. Maxie and I will rule as equals.”

Jason looked at the young man and wanted desperately to believe that this obviously talented, special man could do as he is saying but doubt ran in his mind. “Ok, when you get the throne,” There was no if…but a confident when. “And you are able to somehow persuade Antar’s people into allowing Maxie to take an active role in ruling, who will sire the true heir. Which child born of the two of you will have the right to the throne?”

Jorlen had thought about that long and hard earlier that day. If his plan did work, he knew that his child would be the obvious choice but he knew that it might not be the case. Jorlen sat just a little straighter and faced Jason, confidence filling his words.

“It will be whoever bears a child first. As I said, it will go to the first born.”

He looked to Maxie who smiled encouragingly at him. His eyes drifted slightly to her right and flashed upon Astrid. He felt a flare of feeling from her but it was so quick that he was unable to discern what it was. His eyes went back to Jason who sat nodding and a smile grew on his face.

“I have a feeling that you will be the only one who may be able to do what you are saying.” Jason raised a glass. “A toast.” He waited for all the others to do the same. “To new allies, friends, and King…” His eyes turned to Maxie, the daughter of his love. “And Queen.”

Everyone took a drink and the rest of the dinner went smoothly, their conversations going back to nonessential things as it dragging into the night. Outside the dining hall stood Khivar’s spy, listening to the laughter and voices. He stood waiting for his opportunity to come to put into effect Khivar’s plan, and he knew that it would. He just had to be patient and it would show itself to him.

TBC...

Thought I'd take a minute to respond to all you patient readers. Thanks for the support :)

rigel: I liked the thought of Maxie giving Lucas a run for his money...I mean, he can be a little arrogant when it comes to females, knowing that he's so cute and all. Why not give him a hard time :lol: and work for what he wants

RSUMSW94- Who says that Liz won't feel insecure about Ava any longer. She is still Max's first wife and well, don't we all have insecurities at one time or another?

VeronicB- Don't you just love Make-up Sex? It really makes you want to get into an argument. Ha ha...

BehrObsession- Khivar is going to be Khivar and do what he can to make everyone good miserable

Kay_b- Come now dear. Would I honestly break up the Dreamers? Ok, I may add to them ( :lol: not here but I have as you know...lol) but I'd never break them up

Michelle17-
I'm here, I'm here!

roswelian504- Glad to see you back :)

Mar- What can I say...you know me, let's just put them all through some tough times :wink: then comes the making up and comforting

Cherie- Oh, dear...it's so nice to see you again. Glad you are catching up

I'll have another part out after Thanksgiving :P
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 12

Post by magikhands »

Here's the long awaited next chapter but I have a feeling that you guys will not be so happy at the end of it :twisted:

Chapter 12

The following days went by in a blur for the Pathians. Everyone had something to do. Serena picked up schooling Timberlyn from Michael and Maria so that they could be in the meetings with the others. This allowed Timberlyn and Dravan to spend most of their days together whether it be in school or just hanging out, trying to stay out of the grown ups way. Michael and Maria, along with Alex, worked closely with the medical teams, knowing that when it all went down, there would be injured to care for.

The others were busy planning the best strategical attack on Khivar. When they weren’t all together, everyone was training with their fighting skills or Max and Liz were schooling Jorlen and Maxie in politics. Maxie and Jorlen had both been raised and schooled in the matters of Royalty and politics but neither really took it to heart for they knew that in their lands, they would never truly rule.

Maria searched until she found Liz and Isabel in the library, enjoying a moment of peace while the guys were out doing some scouting. Isabel wanted to go with them but Lucas had talked her into waiting until their next trip. This did not make Isabel happy but let it go.

“Izzy, you have to let them do their thing. You know as well as I do, we both still have some adjusting to do here. We’ve got to trust our boys, all of them. They know what they are doing. We’ve taught them well. They won’t forget it.”

“I know, but it’s just not easy sitting back and letting others do those type of things. I’ve been raised to be the one in front and now I’m having to sit back and let others take control.”

Maria entered the room gaining both women’s attention.

“Maria, what’s wrong?” Liz asked her friend, seeing the concern on her face and the way she plopped down in the chair.

“I just had a talk with Timberlyn.”

“And?” Isabel asked, wondering what mischief her darling niece had gotten into now.

“She wants to do the Ritual of Womanhood after she turns 16 in a few weeks. She says that she’s chosen Dravan as her partner.”

Liz and Isabel stared at Maria surprised. This was the last thing they expected to come up right now with all that has been going on since they left Pathia.

“O..k…” Liz said slowly.

“She’s upset with me because I told her that I didn’t think it was a good idea for a while.”

“What?” Isabel asked. “This is a very important ritual in a girl’s life Maria, you know how much it meant to us. How could you tell her that?”

“I didn’t tell her no. I just said that we may have to wait a while. Izzy, we are not in Pathia. I’m worried that Sunova will not bless the ritual or Timberlyn if we do it here. We don’t have the Temple and it’s the Queen who presides over the ceremony. Then there’s the fact that we must have the permission of Dravan’s parents” She gave a half chuckle and huff. “I just picture Michael and I sitting down with Jason and Ava explaining what it was that Timberlyn had chosen their son to do.” She looked sad at her sister and friend. “It’s a sacred ritual in Pathia but not here. From what I understand, there is nothing that is even close to that here.”

Maria paused a moment then gave a sigh. “Then there’s Michael.”

That sentence said it all. Isabel and Liz exchanged glances. They knew it wouldn’t be pretty when Michael came into the picture. He’d physically and vocally protested the part he played in Maria’s ritual but he had no choice then. Maria owned him and had chosen him to be her partner. He was stuck, without options. Isabel remembered how she and Maria had to literally drag Michael to the Temple, bound and with the threat of gagging him if he uttered a wrong word during the ceremony. He stood stiff and silent throughout the presiding, but then had to be dragged to the Ritual Room and literally tied down. Maria was lucky that Michael had already fallen in love with her as she gently coaxed him into taking her virginity. Otherwise, she would have never had lost it.

It was almost the same scenario when Tess came of age and chose a male for her Ritual of Womanhood. Michael was again vocal in his protests saying that it was a degrading ritual for the male, to be chosen like cattle then made to take their virginity. Maria again had to drag him to their daughter’s ceremony without the bonds this time but still with the threat of bodily harm and a gagging if he so much as uttered a bad thing during Tess’s ceremony. He was the picture perfect mate. He stood in the father’s position, silent but scowled the entire time. It had taken all of Liz’s control not to laugh at his expression and stance as she did the ceremony. He did his duty and held his tongue. Even the High Priestess was very impressed with his control.

Liz went to her friend and gave her a hug. “Don’t worry so much right now about it. We’ll find a way for her to have the ceremony and talk to Dravan’s parents when the time comes.”

Isabel joined in the hug, glad that it was not she in her sister’s shoes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Later that night, Dravan stood in the music room, waiting for Timberlyn. She had been upset earlier after talking with her mother but they had been unable to talk about it at the time so he told her to meet him after everyone went to sleep. He wanted to find out what had upset her but he had an ulterior motive for inviting her. He’d wanted to show her his place, the one he went to when he needed to get away. His own private piece of serenity. There was a hidden staircase in the music room that led to the top of the compound. From there, you could see all of Antar. It was a beautiful site and Dravan knew that Timberlyn would appreciate it.

Dravan paced the room, anxious, his stomach knotting with anticipation. There was something so different about Timberlyn than any other girl he’d ever met. From the first time they met in the Medical Center, he felt drawn to her. Her smile lit his body with a sensation he’d never felt before. Her beautiful, laughing, green eyes sent a shiver through his body when he looked into them. His stomach felt as if butterflies flew around when he thought about her. She was bubbly and made him laugh. He smiled more with her around and he liked how she made him feel. He liked her, yes; he liked Timberlyn a lot and was going to tell her tonight.

Dravan heard the door open and close. He turned and froze where he stood. His body tensed and his breath caught. A mixture of fear and anger flowed through his veins as his hands curled into fists.

“Evening Dravan.” The man sneered at the young boy.

Dravan’s anger was not triggered by who stood just inside the door, but from who the man was with. Held tightly against the front of his body was Timberlyn. With one hand, he held a knife to her throat while covering her mouth and pulling her head back with his other. Dravan could see the tears that shimmered in Timberlyn’s eyes but he could also see that she would not allow them to fall. Her hands were bound behind her back and her body held rigid. She was being brave. He knew that she could fight; she was being schooled just as he in the art of physical defense but she knew that Reily overpowered her.

“The three of us are going to quietly leave the compound, without anyone’s notice. Right Dravan?” Reily, the tall black haired man asked. “If you do as I say, I can promise that your girlfriend here won’t accidentally find a cut across her throat.”

Dravan knew that they didn’t have a chance against someone like Reily. He was one of his father’s best warriors. He was their least favorite, and the most withdrawn, but also the most skilled. His father once said that it was better to keep your enemies close, so that they could be watched closely rather from afar. It seems that his father had not been watching close enough. Dravan slowly nodded and led the way through the secret passage.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 13

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 13

Maria tossed and turned in her bed. She was having a hard time sleeping. She was still upset that she’d had words with Timberlyn. It was always like this when she and one of her girls would disagree. It would eat at her until they made things right. Maria turned once more and tried to snuggle into her sleeping Michael. He knew nothing of her talk with Timberlyn or how upset his daughter was with her. Maria sighed and gave up on sleep for the moment as she rose from bed.

Maria went out into the common room of their little apartment that Jason had given them and crossed over to the door that lead to Timberlyn’s room. She quietly knocked on the door. When she got no answer, thinking that Timberlyn was sleeping, Maria softly opened the door. The dim light from the common room spilled onto the bed. The covers were thrown back and the bed empty.

“You better hope that your father doesn’t find out about this young lady.” Maria said as she left the apartment.

Maria made her way through the corridor until she reached the door that she knew belonged to Dravan. She knew her daughter too well and was positive that she’d gotten together with Dravan. She softly knocked on the door and waited. She knocked again, a little louder but still no answer. She tried the knob and found that it turned freely. Gently Maria pushed open the door and found that his bed was empty as well. She sighed and silently cursed inside of her head. She turned and went back to her apartment to wake Michael. She really didn’t want to but she knew that there was no other option. She could not have her daughter out at all hours of the night with a young man. It was not proper at her age.

As expected, Michael was pissed. He muttered something while he dressed about killing a certain red haired boy if he touched his daughter in any way. They decided to wake Jorlen to help with their search. He could sometimes sense people when he reached out. Waking Jorlen woke Lucas and the chain reaction started. Soon, the entire Pathia family was up, divided in groups looking for Timberlyn and Dravan.

It was Alex and Isabel who got the job of alerting Jason in the middle of the night that they could not find Dravan. He went to Astrid and Maxie for help on where their brother may have gone with Timberlyn. What seemed like in just moments, half the compound was out searching every room for the two teenagers.

++++++++++++++

While Maria had been tossing and turning in bed, Reily had escorted Dravan and Timberlyn out of the forest safely and into the castle. He led them down into the dungeon and placed them in a small, damp, dark cell. He left without a word, locking the door behind him.

Immediately Dravan took Timberlyn into his arms and they sank to the floor together. He ran a hand through her long hair trying to sooth her. The entire trip, she’d been quiet, not making a noise no matter how roughly Reily treated her. But as he held her tightly against his body, her body began trembling and finally he heard her sobs.

“Shhh…it’s ok Timber…Sshhh…” he tried to console her. “Come now. You know that we will get out of here. The others will find us gone and will come for us. Our fathers won’t let anything happen to us.”

Timberlyn quietly cried for several minutes before she finally stopped. She sniffled a couple of times before she raised her head from Dravan’s chest.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t help it.”

Dravan gave her a small smile. “It’s alright. I feel like doing it too. Besides, I wasn’t the one who had a knife to my throat. You did great Timber. You are so brave.”

Even though it was very dim in the cell, he knew that she was blushing at his compliment.

“Thank you.” She said as she leaned back on him. “What do you think Khivar wants with us?”

Dravan shook his head. “I don’t know exactly. He’s never done anything so bold before but I believe he had something like this planned for awhile to have Reily so deep into my father’s squadron.”

“Isn’t he one of your father’s best warriors? I heard Tyler and Serena talking about him the other day. Tyler doesn’t like him.”

“No one likes him, not even my father, but he swore that he hated Khivar and all that he’d done to Antar. He’s been with my father for many years and even saved his life one time. I just don’t understand.”

Timberlyn squeezed closer to Dravan. “Thank you Dravan. For being here with me and being so caring.”

Dravan bent his head and lightly kissed Timberlyn’s head. “If I could, I would have died for you Timberlyn.”

She raised her head from him and looked him in the eye. “Don’t talk like that Dravan. Please, not now. Not when it could be possible.” Tears clouded her eyes again.

Dravan pushed her head back down to his chest. “Don’t worry Timber. We will get out of here together.”

They sat there in silence for a long time, taking comfort in each other’s arms. Glad that they were not alone in this. They heard a click at the door and the door swung open. Khivar, followed by Reily walked into the small cell. Timberlyn’s eyes widened at the sight of her uncle’s brother. He was just as tall as Max but they did not look too much alike. Where Max had dark hair, Khivar had lighter brown hair, much like her father’s. Their facial features were different also but somehow similar. It was strange looking at him because she could see hints of her uncle but she knew that he would never wear the nasty sneer that graced this man’s lips.

“What’s your name boy?” Khivar demanded. He knew who he was but he wanted to hear from the boy himself.

Dravan pulled himself up to stand, dragging Timberlyn, who was still clinging to him. “I’m Dravan Kyles.” He stood tall and proud of his name.

Khivar rubbed at his chin with his fingers. “Hmmm..One of Jason’s brats. I heard that he had a son.” He stepped closer and looked directly into the youth’s eyes. Brilliant blue eyes. “Who is your mother?”

“I know not.” Dravan lied. “She died when I was born.”

Khivar nodded slowly, of course knowing now the truth of his birth. “I would have a son about your age now if he had not died during his birth. My wife cremated him before I could return. We have a memorial for him. She named him Nathaniel Dravan Evans.” His eyes narrowed on the young boy. “Isn’t that a coincidence?”

Dravan did not react to Khviar’s attention to his name. He knew what his mother had done to save his life. To keep Khivar from finding out who he was. He looked too much like his father to be passed off as Khivar’s son but he had his mother’s eyes. The instant give away of who had given birth to him.

Khivar suddenly turned his attention to the young girl that was under his arm. She had long sandy hair and looking closer, found that she had an amazing color of green eyes.

“And who are you?”

Timberlyn loosened her hold on Dravan and stood straighter. Dravan was being brave toward his mother’s husband; she could do the same even if her insides were quivering. She raised her head and knew that her father and mother would be proud of her.

“My name is Timberlyn Guerin Deluca.” Her voice was strong and steady, everything that she did not feel.

Reily spoke up at that moment. “She calls your brother ‘Uncle’, Sire.”

Khivar reached out and took her chin in his hand. She jerked away from his touch, causing him to smirk. “So, you came here with my brother. How is he? Well? Does he still have all his limbs?”

Timberlyn did not answer Khivar, silently wondering how it was that this monster and Max could have come from the same womb.

“Tell me girl, how is it that you call my brother Uncle?” Khivar asked. His face lost all amusement.

Timberlyn still did not answer Khivar, which angered him. He reached out and took hold of her arm, jerking her unexpectedly away from Dravan. This caused Timberlyn to squeak in pain and surprise.

“Answer me.” Khivar demanded, his voice harsh and face tight. Reily had stepped between Dravan and Khivar, holding him back.

“He married my mother’s best friend.” Timberlyn answered less steady than she said her name. He held her close and she could see that his eyes were the color of Max’s but different. They were harsh and cold looking, a bit off color than Max’s.

Satisfied with her answer, Khivar shoved Timberlyn away and turned to Reily. “Good job.” He said as he turned and left the cell.

As soon as Khivar was out of the way, Timberlyn rushed back into Dravan’s waiting arms.

“You did good.” He said as he rubbed her back. This time he had tears in his eyes. Khivar knew who he was and Dravan knew that he might not live long. He silently prayed that his father would come soon.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 14

Post by magikhands »

Hi everyone. Just wanting to take a moment to say thanks for all the fb. Steph and I appreciate it :) I've been trying to do well on the updates for you but just so you know, I will be working extra hours next week so I may not be able to have time to sit and do a lot of writing. Especially since it's tax time and I've got a very large pile of paperwork to go through. Yes, I tend to be a procrastinator in that concern and haven't recorded anything all year long :? so I've got to start organizing it all for my tax woman. but I will be back as soon as I can with a new update after this. Again, thanks and HUGS!

Chapter 14

An almost comfortable silence fell over Dravan and Timberlyn as they sat in the dark cell, waiting for what was to happen next. The only thing interrupting their silence were the screams that echoed through the dungeon at irregular intervals. With every scream, Timberlyn shivered and seemed to move closer to Dravan though she was already practically sitting on top of him.

Pathia had a dungeon in the Palace but was not employed often. It was used mainly to house those who committed a crime until they stood before the Queen and council of Elders. These accused were never tortured or mistreated and the cells were nothing like what they were in. In Pathia, the cells were cleaner, had a small window, and a bed to sleep upon. She’d once heard that Uncle Max had been held there for several days when he first came to Pathia for trying to escape. In fact, back home, if screams were heard, they were usually those of pleasure. There was definitely a big difference between the two sounds.

Dravan could feel the shivers that ran through Timberlyn’s body and knew that she was extremely upset. He wished that he could take her from all of this and make her feel better but he was realistic and knew they had to be patient for their parent to come for them. The best he could do was to take her mind off what Khivar had planned for them.

“What was it that had you so upset with your mother?” Dravan asked, his hand stroking her hair.

Timberlyn sniffed and looked up at him. “Dravan…”

“No Timber…this will help distract your mind. Now tell me, what had you so upset.”

Timberlyn sighed. He was right. She needed something to distract her from the screams. “We had a disagreement.”

“About what?” he prompted.

She sat up a little but made sure that she was still secure in his arms. “When a girl turns sixteen in Pathia she goes through a rite of passage ceremony called the Ritual of Womanhood. I told my mother that I wanted to do that here in Antar but she said that it would not be a good idea.”

“What does this ritual consist of?” He asked knowing that there was more to her story.

“There is a special ceremony held in the Temple by the Queen and High Priestess. It’s one that every girl looks forward to and is trained for from the time she turns fourteen.”

“Well, that doesn’t sound too complicated. Your Aunt Liz was the Queen, I’m sure that she can find a way around not doing it in Pathia.”

“Yes, she probably does but…well, there’s another issue.”

Dravan waited for Timberlyn to continue and he almost didn’t think that she would until she took a deep breath.

“The other part of the Ritual is that the girl must choose a male that is to take her virginity.” Timberlyn felt Dravan tense next to her. “I told my mother that I had chosen you for the Ritual.” She quickly continued, unsure how he would react to that. She felt his body relax.

“I feel…honored Timberlyn.” He whispered and kissed her head. And he did. This also told him that she felt something for him, just as he did from the first moment he laid eyes upon her. He knew that he was too young to feel such strong feelings for a girl but he could not help what his emotions were doing to his body. She beckoned him, pulling him toward her with just a look or a smile. He felt his insides turn to jelly when she laughed and saw the twinkle in her green eyes.

“Well, my mother thinks that there will be problems with both my father and your parents. After the initial outburst from my father, they would have to go to your parents and have them sign a contract.”

“A contract?” Dravan asked, not understanding why one was needed.

“In Pathia, it is very rare for the girl to choose the same male for both her Ritual of Womanhood and as her mate. It appears that my family is an exception to that tradition because since my great-grandmother, the women have chosen the same male. But the contract is for the parents or owner of the male who get compensated for the use of him. It has been known for children to be conceived on the first time and the contract also deals with that if the situation arises.”

“And what do they do if that happens?” Curiosity filled him, a need to know of these strange ways that Timberlyn held so close to.

Timberlyn shrugged. “Every contract is different. The parents decide together.”

Dravan let the information roll around his head for a few minutes before speaking again. “So, are you going to carry on the tradition of your family?”

Timberlyn was glad that it was dim as she felt her cheeks burn from their blush. “Time will tell.” Was all she said.

Dravan placed his hand under her chin and pushed it up until they were looking at each other. “You are beautiful Timberlyn. The moment I met you, I knew that you were different. My heart felt as if it was going to jump out of my chest when I looked into your bright eyes for the first time. You are a brave, intelligent young lady of great value. I love everything about you, and I believe that you choosing me for your Ritual is one of the best things that ever happened to me.”

Timberlyn’s lips formed a small smile, feeling suddenly self-conscious about her appearance. She wanted to smooth back her hair and change out of her dirty clothing. Timberlyn wanted to look as beautiful as he made her feel. The way he was looking at her now, even with everything in disarray, was as if he worshipped her. Her eyes went to his lips, and in slow motion, watched as they descended upon hers.

The first touch was inconsequential, almost unable to feel it there. But then he pressed a little harder, the initial timidness lifted. She opened her lips for him and felt his tongue hesitantly enter, sighing as his arms pulled her closer, deepening their kiss. The warmth from his body enveloped her just as his mouth did. Her nerves suddenly eased and Timberlyn felt her body relax into his. She no longer heard the screams in the distance, but their heartbeats pounding until they became one. Dravan pulled away and looked into her dazed eyes. They were both smiling. He opened his mouth to say something, but the sound of the lock turning in the door snapped them out of their moment.

Quickly, Dravan stood, pulling Timberlyn with him but pushing her slightly behind him.

“Am I interrupting?” Khivar asked, entering the cell. He had a smug smirk on his face as if he knew what they were doing.

Dravan opened his mouth to say something to him, but his voice stuck in his throat when his eyes fell on the person who entered behind Khivar. His mouth snapped shut but his body betrayed him: taking a step towards her and his eyes widening a little.

“Dear wife.” Khivar started, pulling her closer to his side. “Do you know who this boy is?”

Ava, a master at concealing her emotion and reactions after living for so many years with Khivar, kept her face blank and shook her head. “No husband. I’ve never seen him before.” Her voice held no emotion, betraying nothing of the fear that was screaming inside of her.

“This is Dravan Kyles. The son of Jason, leader of our troublesome Rebellion. He does not look familiar?”

Ava again shook her head. Khivar studied her for a moment before turning his attention to Timberlyn.

“And this one calls my brother Uncle.”

Ava turned to Khivar acting surprise. “Max? He’s…?” Her insides were trembling. She was fighting back the tears that pooled just behind her eyes. She could not stand the thought of her son in Khivar’s hands, him being here, and what Khivar had planned for him. As she looked at Khivar, she could see that he’d figured out who Dravan was. That was why he brought her here. The fear turned to panic.

“Yes. He’s alive and apparently well, back in Antar, to take my throne.”

Ava bit her tongue to keep from contradicting him. She did not want to be at the receiving end of his anger, not the one that she saw that was slowly brewing in his eyes. She’d been there before, and did what she could never to be there again. Her eyes went back to Dravan, silently pleading to him not to do anything stupid.

“You are good, wife.” Khivar said, bringing her attention back to him. “You have fooled me for many years it appears. I thought I knew most of your secrets but this…” Khivar indicated the young man.

“I do not know what you speak of.” Ava feigned ignorance.

Khivar raised his hand, drew back his arm and began to swing it toward Ava.

“NO!” Dravan screamed as he lunged to Khivar. Expecting this attack, his swiveled and let his hand slap Dravan, knocking the young boy down to the ground.

“Dravan!” Ava screamed trying to get past Khivar, needing to get to her son. He grabbed her by the arm and jerked her toward the door, pushing her to the guard that was there waiting.

“Take her to her room. Lock her in. She is not to leave nor have visitors but myself.” Khivar ordered.

Ava’s tears invaded her eyes, breaking her control. “No, you can’t. Khivar! Please.” Crying as the guard dragged her away. Her last sight into the cell was of Timberlyn kneeling over Dravan. Her eyes quickly collided with Khivar’s who was now standing at the doorway; drying, they hardened into steel. She has put up with a lot of abuse from Khivar. He was mentally and emotionally abusive to her and her daughter for years but no more. At that moment, Ava knew that his abuse had just turned against her son, and anyone that was connected to her and Max. She steeled herself and declared a silent vow to help end his life, the moment the opportunity arrived.

Khivar gave his wife a satisfactory smile and glanced back into the cell. The brat was still on the floor, bleeding from his mouth. He looked up and gave Khivar an icy glare. Khivar shut the door without a word and turned the key in the lock. He rounded to Nicholas, who had been in the hall the entire time.

“Is it done?”

Nicholas nodded. “Yes, Sire.”

Khivar’s wicked grin grew as he left the dungeon.

++++++++++++++++++++

After a couple hours of searching the compound, most of the group ended up in the music room. Maria was near frantic but was holding it all together for the moment. Michael had her in his arms, trying his best to comfort his love while holding in his own anger. It was mostly for the young Kyles, the one who was also missing with his daughter. Visions of the two running off together clouded his mind, just as thoughts of what that boy would do with his precious innocent daughter. This was not Pathia; Timberlyn was not apt to deal with this world as of yet and could easily be taken advantage of.

Jason was pacing the room, wondering if he should risk sending a note to Ava of the young ones disappearance. He turned to the door when he heard it open. His breath let out in disappointment when it was only Jorlen and Maxie that entered.

Jorlen shook his head sadly to Maria whose emotions were screaming out to him for answers. “I’m sorry.” He said noting the grief in his Aunt.

Astrid and Lucas followed the pair with the same results. Astrid sat on the piano bench and ran her fingers along the ivory keys, deep in thought. As her mind ran through all the hiding places her brother had through the years, an image of a staircase appeared. Her eyes widened and she lifted her head to the others.

“The passage.” She said, but the others looked at her confused.

“Father, remember how we would find dirt in Dravan’s room though we knew that he’d not left the compound?” Astrid said as she got up and went to a corner of the music room. “I should have thought of it sooner.” She mumbled.

“What is she talking about?” Lucas asked.

Astrid ran her hands along the wall lightly, searching. “There is a secret staircase that leads to the top of the mountain. Only from the inside can it be opened.” Her hand stopped on a design that was on the wall. It looked like all the others that decorated the room. “It was used for look outs years ago but now rarely used, not enough to think about it really.” She pressed on the design and a piece of the wall came out. Astrid reached out and pulled it open like a door. She turned to the others and smiled.

“Let me.” Jorlen said as he started up the darkened staircase. He knew that his gifts would come in handy if the need aroused.

“Take this.” Max said, handing his son a light.

Jorlen started up the passage with Astrid, Michael, and Lucas following. Jorlen opened his senses, taking deep breathes, reaching out to his cousin, searching for her familiar emotional patterns. He stopped when he came to a door. He took hold of the handle and slowly opened it, using caution. Sensing no presence out in the area, Jorlen stepped out into the night air. He found himself with a beautiful view of Antar. His kingdom. His breath stopped for a second at the beauty that he beheld. It was large and he knew that one day, it would be restored to its original state. But for now, he had other matters.

“They came up here.” Jorlen said quietly. He could faintly feel something but it was like nothing he’d ever sensed.

Jason took a light and was looking around the ground. He spotted something in the bushes, bent and picked it up. He held it up to the light, so that the others could see.

“It’s Timberlyn’s bracelet.” Michael said, taking it from Jason.

“Look at this.” Lucas got the other’s attention. He had taken Jorlen’s light and was looking at the ground. Most of it was rock but there were patches of grass and dirt scattered around. “There were three of them.” He pointed down to the footprints that littered the long patch of dirt.

“They went down the mountain.” Jason said, looking into the forest, the direction of the footprints. “It’s a rough path to use.”

“Then let’s go.” Michael said taking a couple of steps before Jorlen stopped him.

“No. We have to wait until sun up.”

“Jorlen.” Michael said in a menacing tone. “Someone has my daughter. She would have never left willingly and I will get her back.”

“Yes.” Jorlen said calmly. Michael’s emotions were beginning to overwhelm him as he fought to control it, filtering it through his system. “But not in the dark. There is rock, grass, and many places to lose their trail. We must wait a couple of hours until we can see.”

“He’s right Uncle Michael.” Lucas supported Jorlen’s statement. He came to stand next to his best friend and looked at his Uncle. He wanted to get this person as much as anyone but they also had to use their heads.

Michael looked at the two young men, men who he’d helped raise. He’d always thought them to be wise beyond their years and they were now proving it. But he could not help the anger and utter helplessness that seemed to flow through him. He didn’t care what happened to himself, but his children, no one harmed them.

“I promise, Michael.” Jorlen stared into his Uncle’s eyes. “We will find her.”

Michael locked onto his nephew’s eyes and suddenly felt his anger being soothed. It was not dissipated but more like calming the flames. His hands that were clenched by his side loosened and his stance relaxed just a little bit. He felt calmer as he looked into Jorlen’s eyes.

Reluctantly, Michael nodded. “Alright. But I’m going with you.”

“Fine.” Jorlen said.

Michael turned to Jason. “We’ve got some planning to do.”

Jason nodded and turned to go back down the passage. He felt just as much anger at his son missing, and the thought of someone coming in and taking him by force put fear into his soul. He wanted to go after them right then, but Michael had beaten him to it. He watched how Jorlen handled Michael and he could feel his own anger and fear calm as Jorlen spoke. His brain was screaming to go after Dravan and his captor but another part of his mind knew that what Lucas and Jorlen said was correct. They could not afford to be reckless, not with the lives of their children at risk.

Jason glanced back at Jorlen before walking into the passage behind Michael. He watched as Jorlen let out a deep breath and Lucas patted his shoulder. Then what he saw next surprised him. His daughter, Astrid, walked up to Jorlen and took his hand in hers. She looked into his eyes for a brief time before leading him toward the door of the passage. Jason quickly turned and pondered his daughter’s actions as he descended to the music room.

His thoughts were quickly interrupted when one of his guards burst into the room, panting as if he’d been running.

“Jason.” He beckoned, breathless. The man held up a piece of paper and handed it over to his leader.

Jason took it, and slowly unrolled the material. His stomach clenched tight, sensing dread. His best hope was that the two young ones had been found and this was notice of their safety was being delivered. But as he slowly read the words, his face paled and his stomach churned. He knew that this might happen but he had silently hoped that it wouldn’t. He was wrong.

TBC…
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 15

Post by magikhands »

I'm sorry guys that it's taken me longer to get new parts out for this. Needless to say, my muse has been fighting me on this as we work out the details to what happens to our Pathians. I'm hoping to concentrate on this a bit more in the coming weeks. Thanks for the patience and fb everyone. It helps and is much appreciated. :)

Chapter 15

Jason’s fingers grasped the parchment as he re-read the words that were printed upon the page. His vision turned red as the anger and rage filled him.

“Father?” Astrid went to her father concerned. His eyes had narrowed and his face had paled.

Jason finally looked up at the group but his eyes settled upon Michael. “He has them.”

Silence filled the room before Alex finally spoke the words they all wanted to. “Who has them?”

“Khivar.” He said, and handed the letter to Jorlen.

“Sweet Sunova.” Jorlen muttered as he quickly ran through the note before reading it aloud to the others.

“To the leaders of the so called Antarian Rebellion.” Jorlen began. “As you may have already realized, I have had my superior spies infiltrate your insufficient headquarters and have been for sometime. I understand that my passive, inadequate brother has returned from the dead and brought with him the great Pathian women as support for your effort.
Well it seems both have failed you in this endeavor seeing as I have taken in both your youngest members as guests here at my home. No harm should befall them as long as we all follow some simple rules I have deemed beneficial to all:

1. I will have the return of the Princess Maximilliana at once, seeing as she has a wedding to prepare for and how her Mother misses her terribly. So much in fact she has made herself sick with worry and has been confined to chambers and bedridden into the unforeseen future!

2. When Maximilliana returns, she will be escorted by my brother and Jason Kyles, the leader of this ludicrous ploy and father to my supposedly dead son Nathan Dravan. Both are to be unarmed and unaccompanied by any others. They will be ready to surrender to the Antarian Army and offer no resistance.

3. As a wedding present to the Princess and her soon to be husband, all rebels will give up this ridiculous notion and surrender their lives to me while they still have them or they will suffer the same fate the young ones will should these recommendations are not followed to the letter.

I and my men, along with the young ones will be waiting at the edge of the forest in one day at sunrise for your surrender. Do not disappoint her Majesty or the young ones for none will enjoy the outcome.
Khivar
King of Antar

Jason’s anger collided with his sorrow. Khivar had them right where he wanted them. He had his and Ava’s son, along with Timberlyn, who is someone Max cares for deeply. From his point, Khivar held all the cards. Jason knew that once he had Max and himself, there would be no stopping him from killing them all, including his son.

“Gather the men. I want to know who it was that took my son.”

Tyler nodded. “I agree but everyone is sleeping, it will take time to gather them all.”

“Just do it.” Jason turned to Maxie. “Prepare your things. You are returning to the Palace.”

Maxie shook her head. “No. I’m not going back there to marry Larek.”

“I won’t argue with you right now. Khivar has your brother, he knows that he is your mother’s son, and he is also holding your mother, keeping her from everyone’s eye. We will strike when he expects us to give up.”

Jason saw the tears that gathered in her eyes but he could not let himself be gentle with her. He was terrified that if he let one ounce of any emotion but anger go, then he would not stop. Him crying and wallowing in regret would do his love or his son any good.

Tyler looked sympathetically to his best friend. He knew that he was fighting every urge to march straight to the Palace and slit Khivar’s throat. He turned his head and surveyed the room. Maria clung to Michael, her eyes wet and red from crying. Max had his arms around Liz while Isabel took Maria’s hand, Alex right behind them. Lucas was pacing behind the group, obvious that his mind was working in overdrive, trying to find a way to get his cousin and Dravan out of there safely. Jorlen, who was still holding the letter, stood between Astrid and Maxie. From what he knew of Jorlen, he could see that all of this emotional roller coaster was taking a toll on his senses.

Tyler leaned toward Jason and whispered in his ear. “Let’s get a little rest and eat some breakfast. Give them a moment.”

Jason wanted to argue with him, stating that they were losing precious time but as his eyes swept the room, he saw exactly what Tyler saw. This, not just him, had affected everyone. He sighed.

“We’ll meet in the dining hall in four hours. The sun will be up then and we should know who is missing by then.”

Everyone nodded in agreement except Maxie who glared at Jason icily before leaving the room hastily. Astrid moved to go after her but Lucas stopped her.

“I’ll help her.” He said as he followed her out of the door.

Everyone else slowly left the music room, heading back to their own rooms before meeting again.

“Will you walk with me?” Astrid asked Jorlen. He nodded and followed her out the door.

Jason, the last to leave, took notice again of his daughter’s behavior toward Jorlen. He sighed, resigning to the fact that the Pathians are embedding themselves into their lives.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

As soon as Maxie left the room, she picked up her skirt and ran as fast as she could down the hall. Her sight blurred from the tears that clouded her eyes. She desperately held in the sob that was forcing its way up her throat.

She could not resist thinking how unfair her life had been and now it seems to be getting worse. The man, who everyone thought to be her father, hated her and thought of her as nothing more than a reminder of who her real biological father was. It was this same man, who had tried to kill her real father and send him off across the world, thinking that Max would never find his way back. She’s had to live for years with the secret of her mother’s activities to help the Rebellion and having a child from Jason. This was along with her own secrets of her involvement with the Rebellion against Khivar. Now, she’s been demanded to wed a man whom she didn’t love, one who was as cruel and heartless as Khivar. One who has already told her that he would not hesitate to use physical force to put her in her place.

Maxie reached her room, entered, and tried to slam the door shut behind her, wanting to be alone.

“Ow.” Lucas complained, the door slamming on his foot that he’d managed to slip in before it closed.

This surprised Maxie. She didn’t know that anyone had followed her. “Go away Lucas. I don’t need you.”

She backed away from the door until her back hit a wall. She stood there a moment looking at Lucas before sliding down to sit on the floor. Her hands went to her head and she finally let it out, her sobs filling the room.

Lucas entered the room, closing the door behind him and knelt in front of Maxie. “Maxie.” He said softly but she did not look up. “Maxie, look at me Blue Eyes.”

Slowly, she raised her head. His heart broke as the tears ran swiftly down her cheeks. Sadness and turmoil etched her beautiful face.

“I can’t go back there and marry Larek. He’s so black hearted and cold. He’ll kill me.”

Lucas gathered Maxie in his arms, her body resting fully on him. She buried her head in his chest, still crying.

“I promise you Maxie, you won’t ever marry that man.” He lifted her face so he could look into her eyes. “Your brother and I will do everything in our power to free you and your family from Khivar’s grasp.”

“Make love to me Lucas.”

These words shocked Lucas. From the moment that they met, he and Maxie had fought and fussed about almost everything. But there was no denying the attraction that they held for one another. He would dream of the kiss they shared in the hall, remember how her body felt pressed against his. The feel of her lips on his. She had made sure that they were not alone since that time, and he was positive that it was because she didn’t want to lose her control like that again.

“I can’t take advantage of you Maxie. I care too much for you.”

She lowered her head and looked at her hands that were clenched together. “I envy my sister.”

“Claudia? What does she have to do with any of this?” Confusion clearly lacing his voice.

“She’s known you. She’s shared the passion that fills your body. I see it in your eyes every time you look at me. It swirls like a storm brewing, waiting to be released. She’s seen a part of you that I never will.”

“I love Claudia. I always will. She has a special place in my life and heart. But it’s you, Maxie that consumes my soul. From the first time I laid eyes upon you, I knew that you were special. You’ve worked your way into me and made a permanent home for yourself. I cannot stand the thought of another man touching you like this.” He ran his fingers gently across her wet cheeks then along her lips.

Lucas descended upon her lips, carefully licking the tears from them. He pulled her body closer to his, holding on tightly as she responded to his touch. She opened her lips for him, allowing him a taste of her sweetness, drawing a moan from deep within him. He never thought he’d taste her again.

Maxie pulled slightly away and looked into Lucas’ eyes. “Please, love me. Give me something to always remember.”

There was meaning under her words. She was saying that if something should go wrong, if he got killed or she ended up married to Larek, she wanted this time to remember. To lock away for the times when life would get rough and she needed to leave it. Lucas found that he could not resist her. He wanted this moment as much as she did. It was not just his life at stake, but hers as well.

Lucas somehow stood with her in his arms and carried her to her bed. Gently, he laid her upon it. He quickly took off his shoes than began to unbutton his shirt more slowly. When that was off, he began on the pants.

Maxie watched, mesmerized by Lucas’ hands as they shed the clothing from his body. She felt her breath quicken and her heart pounding hard in her chest. A warmth rushed to her groin that she’d never experienced before meeting Lucas. Her body seemed to scream out to him, ache for his touch but she laid still, waiting for him. She was a little frightened, this was her first time but she had confidence that Lucas would never harm her.

Lucas looked down to the bed, standing completely undressed in front of Maxie. From the look upon her face, this was the first she’d seen a man nude. He knew that he had a pleasant body, young, strong, and muscled from the hours of training he’d been doing for years. He let her look upon him for a moment longer before climbing onto the bed.

He slid next to Max and used his hands to release the buttons that ran the length of her dress. One by one, the material parted, revealing a little more skin. His fingers brushed upon silky smoothness and he felt his body heat with desire. With smooth movements, he expertly removed all of her clothing. He gazed down upon her nude body for the first time and felt his breath catch. She was beautiful. Her breasts were full and smooth. Her stomach flat and trim. He could see that she’d trained for years just as he had.

His hand glided down from her neck, between her breasts, past her stomach, around her patch of hair until his hand rested on her inner thigh.

“You are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid eyes on.” His voice was raspy with want. He watched amused as she blushed.

Maxie raised a hand and let it trail down the side of his body. His skin was soft for a man’s and it felt good. She met his eyes, pleading for him to lead her on what to do next. She hadn’t a clue, but suddenly felt her instincts begin to kick in. Her hands reached out and began caressing his chest, feeling the tight muscles under her fingertips. She traced the lines of his pecs before moving to his taut abs. She could feel him shudder under her light touches and that made her heart leap.

Lucas watched Maxie’s hands explore his upper body. The feel of her hands upon him and how they trembled just slightly fascinated him. His blood rushed to his groin, making his dick stiff and pressed on her leg. His eyes were riveted while her hand went further down, across his abs until her fingers brushed the hair that was above his dick. His length made it known that it like what she was doing by twitching a pushing hard upon her silky skin.

“Maxie.” Lucas harshly whispered as he took her mouth to his again. His need to touch her was overwhelming; he wanted every part of his body to touch hers.

He managed to turn them so that he was over her, her legs spread wide around him, his chest touching hers. He positioned his dick at her entrance but stopped there. Holding himself up on one arm, he reached down with the other and let his fingertips run between her folds. She trembled and moaned at his touch. Lucas dipped his fingers into her core and felt how wet and ready she was. He pulled his fingers out and let them gently caress her clit, causing her to writhe beneath him, groaning his name.

“Please Lucas.” She pleaded, her body on fire with her desire. The warmth between her legs had turned to a burning heat when he had touched her. Her need consumed her nerves, her body rubbing upon his, making her stomach quiver. “I need you.”

Lucas could hold out no longer, his dick throbbing, demanding to be pressed into her tight hotness. “Are you sure?” He asked, giving her one more chance to back out. He knew that once he started, he would not be able to stop.

“Yes.”

With a cautious slowness, Lucas slipped into Maxie until he reached her intact barrier. “This is going to hurt.” His voice soft and caring. She nodded and locked eyes with him. He pushed his length into her, breaking through then holding still. They both groaned, he out of pleasure, her from pain.

Their breathing was harsh but Lucas could feel her begin to relax around him and her breath became steady again. He withdrew a little then pushed back in. He did this again, withdrawing a little further, than again until he had a steady rhythm.

Maxie sighed as the pain turned to pleasure with his movements. He glided easily in and out of her slippery canal bringing forth moans of delight. She lifted her legs and wrapped them around his waist, pulling him closer. Her hands caressed his back, often digging her nails into his flesh when he moved just right, hitting a sensitive spot.

The two lovers moved together in perfect harmony. Their hands and mouths exploring and touching every place they could reach, not once letting the rhythm slip. They whispered words of bliss and encouragement to each other. Lucas brought Maxie to the verge of orgasm several times, only to back off before she could tumble over the edge. This brought whimpers into the sounds that bounced off the walls of the room.

Knowing that Maxie was completely ready, Lucas quickened his pace. Thrusting harder and faster into her body. Her nails dug deep into his shoulders, holding him close to her. Her orgasm hit hard and lingered with the same intensity. She cried out his name, he calling out hers as he came deep within her body.

Lucas collapsed down but rolled them so that they lay on their sides, his softening length still embedded in her. They said nothing, relishing in the moment, the feelings that ran through their bodies and the emotions that this act created in their minds. They held each other close and hoped against hope that they would have the opportunity to do this again.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Jorlen and Astrid walked down the silent hall toward her room.

“Tell me what I’m feeling.” She said, breaking the silence that had settled over them since leaving the room.

Jorlen was surprised at her request. No on had ever asked him to do that but he’d found that she was not just an ordinary woman. He’d found in the past week that Astrid was an extraordinary person. She had a warrior’s heart and a Goddess’s body. Her compassion for her people was strong and she was willing to fight for their freedom. She’d been raised to continue her father’s quest if something should ever happen to him before they could acquire freedom. She was very intellectual, loving, and understanding. She didn’t jump to conclusions or make rash decisions. She waited until all the facts were laid out before deciding on an action. She was also the one person he’s found that could muffle her feelings from him.

“You’re scared for your brother and father…and Maxie. You are uncomfortable with the situation they are in. You feel horrible for what Michael and Maria are having to endure, not knowing about Timberlyn. You feel regret for not being there for Dravan in his time of need. To be his protector as you’ve always been. Your anger toward Khivar fills your senses for what he’s done to your family.”

Astrid stopped walking. They had reached the door to her room but she turned to Jorlen. “What else?”

Jorlen closed his eyes and let her emotions flow through him. He felt her truly open up to him, letting him feel everything that she was. A blush crept on his face as a specific emotion strengthened.

“Desire.” He whispered and opened his eyes, locking with hers. “You desire…me.”

“Before you came to Antar, I knew my purpose in this life. I had long ago given up childish dreams of living happily ever after. Reality hit my world when I was young. Since that time, I’ve known who I was and what I was fighting for. But you’ve come and turned my world, our world, upside down.”

Astrid looked down at her feet then lifted her eyes until she stared at his chest. “I saw you that day in the hall when you first saw me. I knew you were there and I knew who you were.” She paused to lift her eyes to meet his face. “My mother told me you were coming.”

“Your mother? I thought…” Confusion filled his face and voice.

She nodded. “Yes. She died when I was but nine years old. Khivar had ordered the taxes to be raised yet again but we were unable to pay. So his men raped and killed her. But she visits in my dreams. She tells me things, helps me. She’s my guardian angel.”

“And she told you about me?”

“Yes. She told me that you would come and change Antar. She showed me images that have yet to happen.” She looked back down at her feet. “I know that this all sounds foolish.”

Jorlen used a finger to lift her chin. “No. I don’t. You are speaking to a man who has powers that are not really possible. I can feel emotions from those around me, I can communicate with my sister half a world away just by thinking, I can change objects. I believe you Astrid. I believe that we were drawn here to accomplish something. To set a balance again.”

Astrid nodded. “You feel that pull toward me, don’t you? The one that makes you want to be near me. To touch me.”

Jorlen gave a small smile and nodded. He raised a hand and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, his thumb brushing her cheek. “You’re beautiful Astrid.”

Astrid’s cheeks flushed, unaccustomed to such compliments. Jorlen bent his head and laid a light kiss on her lips. He lingered there a moment before pulling away. It was not a dramatic kiss but it communicated much between the two.

“Get some rest. We’ll find a way to get Dravan and Timberlyn back safely.”

“Thank you Jorlen.” She turned and entered the room.

Jorlen stood outside a moment, still in awe of her emotions that she had not muffled. He knew that after all this was over, this was the woman who’d be his wife, his Queen.

TBC....
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 16

Post by magikhands »

Part 16

Max and Liz returned to their room after leaving the music room. Max walked to the bed and sat upon it, laying his head in his hands. Concerned by her mate’s behavior, she went to him, and sat next to him.

“Max, what’s wrong?”

“It’s all my fault Liz. All of this. I never should have come back here. I never should have let the others come also.”

“This is not your fault. This is because of Khivar. This is your home. This is where our son belongs.”

Max raised his head and looked at Liz. “I haven’t been here in over 20 years. This is not my home. My home is where ever you are. I learned that long ago.” He shook his head. “As for Jorlen…I’m not sure letting him come back to this was a good idea.”

“You are doubting yourself Max. You are taking all of the burden on as your own but you are wrong. We came here to set your land free once and for all so that our son can rule what is rightfully his. And you know that Maria, Michael, Isabel and Alex came of their own free will. They wouldn’t have had it any other way and you know that.”

Max stood and paced back and forth in front of the bed. His hand reached up and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I know but still, I can’t help but blame myself for all of this mess. If I’d only taken care of Khivar before all of this started.”

Liz rose and went to her mate. She stopped his pacing by standing in front of him and looking up into his eyes. She took both his hands in hers and placed them on her chest, over her heart.

“Max.” Her voice was quiet, strangely calm as her deep brown eyes gazed into his amber ones. “If Khivar had never done what he did to you, we would have never met. Pathia would not be as it is today. Our children, the joys of our lives, would not have been born. Do you honestly regret all of that?”

Max took Liz into his arms and held her tightly against his chest. His eyes formed tears around their edges but did not fall.

“No Liz. I have never regretted anything that has happened since I first laid eyes upon you and I never will. You are what completed my soul. I’m sorry Liz. I’m sorry for making you think that.”

Liz pulled away slightly and rose on her tiptoes. Her lips met his, soft and tender, filled with the love that she held for him. Max pulled her body closer to his again and opened his mouth, letting their kiss deepen. He felt her tongue enter and he gently caressed it with his. He swallowed her sigh and her body leaned heavily into his. Max felt a familiar tingling in his groin and pressed his hips into her stomach. She moaned into his mouth.

With one easy swoop, Max lifted Liz into his arms and walked back to their bed. Gently he laid her down and finally broke his contact with her lips. With much tenderness, he undressed his mate, his eyes feasting upon each revealed piece of skin as if it was the first time. His hands worshipped her softness, tracing the smooth skin with just his fingertips. He reveled in her sighs each time he touched her, marveled that she still reacted to him so after all of these years.

Max tore his clothing off and laid his body on top of Liz’s. Though she was much shorter than he, when they were together, their bodies were a perfect fit. Max slid between Liz’s thighs, making them spread and lift, wrapping themselves around his waist. He let the tip of his hardened dick rest at her hot opening. His head bent and his mouth claimed hers as his own.

“Max, please.” Liz begged, pulling her head away, needing to feel Max deep within her body.

Max shifted and used a hand to run through her hair. He looked deep into her brown eyes. Eyes that showed him her soul, that told him day after day that she loved him. “I love you Elizabeth. With every breath, I love you and will continue to do so even in the afterlife.”

“Show me how much you love me Maxwell Evans. If this was to be our last time together, I want you to show me every ounce of love that is in your body.”

Max tilted his head and claimed the lips and body that he had given his soul to nearly 20 years before. He pressed his length into her giving her all the love that he felt deep in his body. They moved together like a bird flying high in the sky, working together with the wind to soar to the ends of the planet.

Their hands moved upon each other’s bodies, exploring each other like it was their first time together. They felt young and free in each other’s arms. There was no worries of their safety, no thoughts of Khivar, or the fate of a land. At that moment, it was just the two of them giving their complete love to one another.

“Liz.” Max moaned as he felt his orgasm nearing.

“Aaahhh, yes, Max.” Liz sighed as his pace quickened.

He shifted his body slightly, making sure he hit her sweet spot that he learned long ago would bring on his mate’s climax. He thrust harder and faster until they both cried out in ecstasy, pleasure rippling through their joined bodies like the ocean’s waves.

Max turned their bodies, cradling her body against his, so that they lay on their sides facing one another. He pushed back her sweat dampened hair from her face.

“I love you Liz. Somehow I’ll find a way to make this right and we will finish growing old together.”

Liz buried her head in the crook of Max’s neck, not wanting him to see the single tear that ran down her face. “I know you’ll do your best Max.” She kissed his neck and tightened her embrace around him.

Together, they rested until the sun rose and they were forced to get up and face the world.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Michael and Maria went back to their room, Michael held Maria as she wept in his arms. He calmly soothed his mate while his insides boiled in rage. He caressed her back until he felt her cries calm and her breath was steady with sleep. He wished he could be settled so easily. He desperately wanted to get up and storm the Palace to get his little girl back, but there was truth in what Jorlen said. They had to wait, form a plan of attack, and get everyone out safely.

He sighed as he thought about his family. It was more than just his daughter and mate. Max, Liz, Isabel, Alex, Jorlen, and Lucas were all his family. But it was Max who had made the most difference in his life. Max showed Michael that there were times for everything. Max, who showed him the art of politics and battle, who gave him a freedom that he had not had since he was a young boy. Max was a brother to him. Jorlen, a son. That was the reason he was here. He wanted to help them in their quest.

But he had to question how he could help Max and Jorlen when he couldn’t protect his own daughter. Michael blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. He closed his eyes but that only allowed them to escape, streaming down his cheek. Silently he wept for his little girl, praying to Sunova that she would be kept safe.

There was a knock at his door. He knew that it was not yet sunrise and was going to ignore it but the knocking persisted. Michael gently slipped from Maria’s embrace, wiped his tears from his face and went to the door.

The young man on the other side jumped back when the door flew open. Michael looked down with a scowl.

“What?” His voice was low and gruff.

“Uuh, well, um…”

“Well?” Michael asked impatiently. He was in no mood to deal with this. He needed this time to be with Maria.

“Sorry to disturb you Sir.” The young guard managed to get out. “But I was told to come and retrieve Lady Maria. She is needed in the infirmary.”

Before Michael could say another word, Maria stepped out around her mate’s body and spoke. “What is the matter?”

“I know not Lady. Serena sent me saying that it was urgent that I get you.”

Maria turned and grabbed the bag that she always kept next to the door. She stepped around Michael. “Let’s go.”

Before she could take another step, Michael took hold of the bag indicating that he would carry it for her. She gave him a quick smile then rushed off after the man who’d come knocking at their door. Michael sighed and shut the door behind him before following Maria down the corridor.

When they reached the Infirmary Serena rushed to Maria. You could see that she had been crying.

“What happened Serena?”

“Tyler.” She said as she took Maria’s hand and led her toward one of the beds. “He and a couple of guards were going room to room, gathering the others while trying to find one who may be missing. They came to Reily’s room and found no answer to their knock. One of the guards opened the door but before Tyler could stop him, he heard a strange noise. He immediately pushed the other man out of the way but he was wounded in the process.”

Maria stopped next to the bed where Tyler laid. His eyes were closed and his skin had a pasty color. It was evident that he was in some pain. Maria saw that in the bicep of his right arm was an arrow. She kneeled and looked closely at the wound.

Tyler, hearing them next to him, opened his eyes and turned toward Maria. “I told her not to disturb you but she wouldn’t listen.”

Maria smiled at the man. “It’s alright.” She pulled on some gloves that were on a table next to him and started to press around the staff of the arrow. Tyler groaned in pain.

“Kaleb said that he grew weak in the knees right after it happened and that he passed out twice before they could get him here.” Serena informed Maria.

“Michael, lift his arm.” Maria instructed her mate who had dropped down next to her.

He did as she wanted and gently raised Tyler’s arm. Maria inspected the back of his arm seeing that it did not go all the way through. She nodded and Michael put the arm down.

“Are poisons used often on arrows here?”

“Sometimes.” Tyler answered.

“The arrow did not go all the way through because it hit your bone, however, by the description of how you reacted, it may have been dipped in poison.”

Tyler sighed and closed his eyes. “Do you realize how almost impossible it is for us to find out which one he used?”

“Yes, but lucky for you, I’m here.” Maria smiled reassuringly. She turned and took several vials out of her bag and handed them to Michael. He rose and went to work mixing them and making a paste in a small bowl.

Serena sat next to her husband on the other side of the bed. Her hand held his uninjured one. “How are you going to help him?”

“Pathia is home to a variety of unusual plants that we have found to be exceptional in the healing process. There is a special blend that can help draw poison out of your system if it is caught in time.” She turned and watched Michael as he continued the mixing process. “The hardest part will be getting the arrow out.”

Maria reached in her bag again and pulled out a vial. She took the top off and held it to Tyler’s lips. He sipped it and grimaced at the taste.

“I know, but it will help dull the pain for what we are about to do.”

Michael came back to the bed and placed the bowl on the table. “Are you ready?” He asked his mate.

Maria looked at Tyler and saw that his eyes were now glazed over and he was having a hard time holding them open. She nodded and gently took his arm in her hand. Michael stood over her and took hold of the arrow’s rod. He adjusted his grip a couple of times before he quickly jerked the arrow out. Tyler screamed, lifting his head from the pillow before passing out. Serena looked worried and her hand went to his face.

“He’s fine. He just passed out from the pain and a little help from the medicine Maria gave him.” Michael said softly. He put the arrow on the table while Maria held a cloth over the now bleeding wound. He turned back to the counter that he was at earlier and retrieved a needle and thread.

Maria took the cloth off and held the bowl in her hand. As gently as she could, she spread the paste in and around the wound. When she was done, Michael was there with the needle and began sewing the wound so that the bleeding would stop.

Serena sat and watched the entire process without at word. She noticed how well the two worked together, neither having to tell the other what to do, as if they could read each other’s mind. Never had she seen two people work in such perfect harmony.

“We’ve been doing this for a long time.” Maria said looking up at Serena as if reading her thoughts.

“How…?” Serena was going to ask.

“Your look. It said it all.” Was Maria’s answer.

Michael sat back when his work was done and let out a breath. He looked from Tyler, who slept, to Serena. “He’ll go through about an hour of sweating and some serious pain as the poison comes out of his system but after that, he should be fine. It was good that you called on us.”

“Thank you.” She said softly to the two who had just saved her husband’s life. In the short time that they had been with them, Serena had fallen in love with Timberlyn and enjoyed the time she’d spent with the girl’s parents. She was glad that her instincts were correct about them. All of them.

Maria turned to Michael. “I’ll watch over him. You go to Max and help out with the planning.” She knew that though her mate would not be going on the mission, he would want to know what they were going to do.

“Are you sure?” He laid his hand on hers. He was reluctant to leave her alone despite wanting to help the others.

Maria nodded. “Go. I’ll call if I need help.”

Michael leaned in and kissed her before he got up and left the room.

“Oh and make sure you get Alex and Isabel up also, though I doubt they slept any.”

Michael turned and gave her a quick bored look with a raised eyebrow. She knew that he was going to do that before she said anything but it made her feel better saying it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ava stood at the window of her room looking out over Antar. This has been her home since she was 8 years old, when her father sent her to them after her betrothal to Max. She had quickly fallen in love with the land and the people. All the beautiful landscape held her awe and she remembered waking everyday to look out her window just to watch the sun rise over the rolling hills. She was also taken by surprise at how quickly the people had accepted her and welcomed her as their future Queen, even at such a young age.

But as she looked out over the ruin that Antar had become, she could not help the feeling of failure that fell on her. These were her people, her family, and she’d let them down. She’d married Khivar out of duty but had failed to protect the people through the years. Khivar had abused and robbed their people since he took the crown and she was helpless to stop it.

That was until she met Jason one day in the woods. She had escaped the Palace without notice one day and went for a walk in the woods where she and Max used to walk. Someone grabbed her from behind and pressed a hand to her mouth, muffling her scream. She kicked his shin and bit his hand causing him to let her go but only for a moment before taking hold of her arm, swinging her around and pulling her close to his body. For Ava, it was love at first sight when her eyes connected to his green ones.

He was going to take her captive to get results from Khivar but she had talked him out of it and promised to help the small rebellion he led at the time. They often met and found ways to spend time together. They fell in love and swore to find a way to be together. Having Dravan then giving him over for his father to raise had be especially difficult for Ava, but she knew that one day it would all be worth it. But now, with her son’s life in jeopardy, she had to wonder.

The door to her room opened then closed. She did not turn knowing that only Khivar would be allowed to enter. She heard his footsteps as he crossed the room and could feel him just a couple of feet behind her, but still she said nothing or acknowledge him in any way.

“This time tomorrow Wife, there will be great rejoicing in Antar.” Khivar said. When she said nothing he continued. “The leader of the Rebellion will be no more and you will be helping our daughter prepare for her wedding to Larek that will occur tomorrow night in celebration of our victory.”

Ava shuddered inwardly at the thought of Jason’s fate but she did not want Khivar to see how she suffered at his words.

“And what is to happen to your brother, Husband? Will you kill him also?” she asked.

“No, I shall not bring the wrath of the gods to Antar for killing my own blood. No, I think I shall allow him to finish out his life deep in the dungeons. His blood will not be on my hands.”

“And those that came with him?” Ava questioned, still looking out the window. She was having a hard time controlling her anger for the man that called himself her husband and King.

“They will surely die like the others…except of course for the women. I’ve heard the tales of Pathian women and their sexual ways. They may be older than what I prefer but I’m sure that there will be plenty use from them. The thought of having a Queen, a warrior and a healer at my beck and call is quite appealing.”

“Do you not fear that they will kill you husband? I’m sure that they will not go willing to your bed, especially after killing their husbands.”

“Hmmm. Maybe you have a point. I guess my dear brother will have company.” Khivar sneered.

He stepped up to Ava until he was directly behind her and laid his hands on her shoulders. He felt her stiffen beneath his touch but he did not remove his hands.

“But that is not what you really want to talk about is it? You are dying to ask what is to become of that boy. Dravan.”

“You will kill him.” Her voice was flat and emotionless.

“No.”

Ava finally turned around and faced the man she hated the most in the world. “No? But isn’t it unwise to leave someone alive who could seek revenge upon you?”

“Yes, it is but this situation calls for strategy. You see, I still have need of you wife. For how long, I know not, but as long as I have him in my custody, I have control over you.”

“You are an evil man Khivar.” Ava said through clenched teeth.

Khivar dipped his head and pressed his lips to her unresponsive ones. He drew back and laughed. “After tomorrow night Ava.” He picked up a strand of her hair and fingered it. “You will do and be all that I ask.”

“Get out. Get out and leave me alone.” Ava demand, her voice cold and harsh.

Khivar let the hair that was on his fingers drop and he smiled, slowly backing his way to the door. His eyes never left hers until he was at the door. He turned and quickly left. As soon as the door closed, Ava’s shoulders slumped and she leaned against the windowsill, dropping her head into her hands. She thought that she had no more tears to shed but she had been wrong.

TBC...

There you go Liz86000...a Max and Liz moment :P
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 17

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 17

Jorlen sat with his back against a large boulder and looked out over Antar. It was still dark, the sky filled with clouds, covering the stars, filtering very little light down to the land. In the distance, he could see a few fires going around the land but other than that, the land slept.

In a matter of hours, he would be entering the city then the Palace while his father and sister confronted Khivar. The plan was sound but there was still risk of injuries and capture. No plan was foolproof but what they had was good. In fact, he should have been surprised by how fast the plan fell together, however, when he looked around the room, he knew that experience was on their side. His father, Jason, and Isabel were skilled by personal experience in war. While there was his mother, Lucas, Astrid, Maxie, and himself who, though, never been in an actual battle, were trained and ready.

He closed his eyes to the land and cleared his mind of what was to come. The emotions that swirled around in his head disappeared as he concentrated on just one. One that was his other half, the one that was always there when he needed her. He found her comfort but as he reached out to her, he felt her desire flaming. Jorlen tried to back off before he was detected, not wanting to interrupt.

‘Jorlen. No wait.’ Claudia’s voice rang in his head. Her internal voice sounded heavy and winded.

‘I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you.’

‘No, just hang on.’ She said. Jorlen felt her back off just as he did, letting her have a moment but he still felt her pleasure as satisfaction filled her. He hated thinking of his sister’s sex life but he could tell that she was very happy.

‘So…how’s Wesley?’ He asked when Claudia returned.

‘He’s good but you didn’t contact me to know that. What is happening out there? Have you started your plan?’

‘No. I’ll be leaving shortly. I was just sitting here thinking. I’m scared Claudia.’

‘Jorlen, I know. I can feel it. I wish I was there with you, to help you.’

‘Me too. I don’t know if I can do this. You’ve always been the strong one. The one with all the answers. Me? I was the goof off.’

‘Jorlen Evans Parker! How dare you say that about yourself.’ Claudia chastised him. ‘You are just as strong as I, if not stronger. You can do this.’ She encouraged.

‘Our strategy is strong and we have a lot of loyalty on our side along with surprise but when this is all over…then what?’

‘You rebuild.’

‘Yes. But right now, everyone seems to be looking toward Father for answers and orders. They see him as the rightful King. He will hand it over to me when Khivar is taken care of, but then what? An entire nation will be looking to me for answers. How can I compare to Father?’

‘Jorlen, you don’t have to compare yourself to Father. Be your own person. They will come to love and respect you. Do as Mother and Father has taught us to rule. Do you remember?’

‘Rule with your heart toward the people.’ Jorlen recited. Their parents had drilled it into them since they were young and lived it by setting the example.

‘Right. We will keep our people first above our own needs. That is how Mother and Father ruled Pathia. That is how we will successfully rule after them.’

‘You see, always have the answers.’

Claudia chuckled. ‘Not really. Trust me, there are some here that could really use your insight but that is for another time.’

“Jorlen?” A voice called his name.

Jorlen opened his eyes to see Astrid kneeling next to him.

‘I’ll contact you soon. I love you sis.’

‘I love you brother. Be careful.’

Jorlen turned his attention to Astrid.

“I came to tell you that it’s almost time to leave.” She looked around. “What were you doing out here?”

“Talking with Claudia. It’s quiet here. Makes it easier to communicate.”

Sadness fell upon her face. “You are very lucky to have that ability with your sister. I wish I could do that with Dravan, just to know if he is ok.”

Jorlen wrapped his arms around Astrid and held her close. Her grief hit him like a ton of bricks and his breath caught in his throat from its power.

“I’m sure that Dravan is as well as expected. Khivar will not risk killing him right now. I hate to say it, but he is Khivar’s leverage in many ways.”

Astrid shuddered at the thought of Dravan becoming hurt at Khivar’s hand but Jorlen was right. Khivar had the upper hand right now, but hopefully not for long. She looked up at Jorlen, the darkness placing his face in the shadows but she could still see his outline.

“Are you ready?”

“Yes.” He said as he stood and helped Astrid up. He took her hand and led her back toward the doorway that led back into the mountain. Before he stepped back indoors he took one last look out at the darkness. The next 5 hours were very crucial to the city’s freedom. He just hoped his family and friends could pull it off.

TBC...

I know that this is short but the action begins next...I'm hoping by the end of next week
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 18

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 18

The sun was peeking over the horizon. Max looked over at his daughter and gazed into her eyes. She was strong spirited and courageous, like her mother and he could not be more proud of her. He prayed silently to Sunova that he would get the chance to get to know her better. She is strong, brave, and has a kind, caring heart. His chest swelled with pride even though he knew that he had nothing to do with her upbringing. But he always knew Ava would be a wonderful mother one day and she has proven it with Maxie.

Max looked to Jason, happy that Ava had found some happiness in her life. He was a good man and knew that he loved Ava very much. He was willing to die for her. His loyalties lie with his people and their Queen. Max no longer doubted this man.

“Let’s go.” Max said as he took Maxie’s hand in his while she linked her other hand with Jason’s. Together, the three walked out of the dense forest to confront Khivar.

They stopped at the edge of the forest and waited. Minutes later, they could hear hoof beats getting louder. They soon saw Khivar riding up the small hill on horseback flanked by Nicholas. There were also what look to be like 30 other guards riding behind them.

“I don’t think Khivar is taking any chances with us.” Jason stated.

“What? He doesn’t trust us?” Max asked, giving Jason a quick glance. He heard a chuckle from Jason as he watched his brother approach.

Khivar stopped several yards from the three and dismounted. The others followed suit.

“Brother. I wish I could say that it’s great to see you again, however…”

“It’s not.” Max finished for him.

Khivar gave him a smirk. “I had hoped that you would have died somewhere out there.”

“You would have liked that, wouldn’t you? But as you can see, the gods had a different plan.”

“Who would have guessed that you would be lucky enough to snag a Queen, even as a slave?” Khivar sneered, his smirk now gone. “Antar is mine Brother. It should have been mine from the beginning.”

“You’ve run Antar down to the ground, Brother.” Max’s tone on the word brother was filled with venom. “The people are poor, you have a rebellion against you, and now you want to marry my daughter off to someone who is undeserving of her. Father would die of grief if he were alive to see what you’ve done to our home.”

“This is MY home. MY land. I shall do with it as I want. Father was a weakling. He ruled by his heart, making the land weak. I rule with strength and power. The people fear me. That is how to rule.”

“I pity you Khivar. I do not understand how you have turned out so heartless. Father did not raise us that way. He taught us right from wrong. How to rule.”

“Enough!” Khivar yelled. He motioned to several guards who began to walk toward them. “MY daughter has a wedding to prepare for.”

Two of the guards approached Maxie and took her arms, pulling her away from Jason and Max. She struggled at first but then she heard Max’s soft voice.

“Don’t. Just go.”

Maxie bit her lip and raised her head and allowed the guards to lead her to where Nicholas stood.

Four other guards approached Jason and Max. Each took hold of the men’s arms, ready to escort them down the mountainside.

“We also have a hanging to prepare for.” Khivar smiled an evil smile in Jason’s direction. “You, Jason Kyles, have caused me enough trouble to last three lifetimes. I’m happy that I can help you into the next life.”

“There will always be people who will be against you Khivar. You’ve destroyed many families, taken many lives. Surely you don’t expect Antar’s people to allow you to run them into the ground forever, do you? When I die, there will be another take my place.”

“Maybe Jason, but they will be like flies and nothing more than an annoyance. I will make an example out of you. What I do to you, will deter others from going against my rule.”

They were taken aback by several swooshing sounds and Khivar watched as several of his men fell dead to the ground, arrows sticking out of their necks. He stepped back and looked up at the trees. In one nearby, he saw movement and ducked behind a large boulder next to him just in time to miss an arrow that would have hit him.

“Damn you!” He screamed as another man fell.

Max felt the man on his left fall, relieving him of the grip on his arm. Max reacted swiftly and took out the other guard on his right. He picked up the sword from the fallen guard and looked to Jason who was doing the same. He nodded then turned to fight the men that were now attacking them.

The battle was on. Max decisively took down a guard while he went after Khivar. They had unsettled business to take care of. He heard movement coming from behind and knew that Isabel, Liz, and the others were emerging from the forest to lend a hand with the battle. Max continued to move forward in the swarm of men trying to get to Khivar.

Jason fought with several soldiers trying hard to get to Maxie and Nicholas. As soon as the arrows started flying he saw Nicholas take her and tieed her hands and used her as a shield in front of him. He was a coward and would stoop low to protect his own life. There was fighting going on all around him, it seemed as if all the guards were trying to go after him. To kill Jason, the rebellion leader.

Liz moved forward using her sword so that she could get close to her mate. She fought as well as any man, despite her size. It had thrown the guards off as they came toward her, one actually laughing when she laid down her bow and wielded her sword. He now lies dead in his own blood.

She was almost to Max when she felt a sudden sharp pain in her leg. She collapsed to the ground and found that an arrow pierced her leg. She tried to rise, using her sword as a crutch but it was hard. She could feel the blood seeping down her leg into her shoes. Her head spun and she felt weak.

“Max.” She called out weakly.

Out of the corner of her eye, Isabel saw Liz fall. She quickly killed the man she was fighting and turned to get to Liz but found that her way was blocked by four of Khivar’s men. They circled her, waiting for her move. She cleared her mind, knowing that if she was to win this battle, she would have to concentrate. She lunged and struck at the nearest man.

Max knew something was wrong. The hair on the back of his neck stood at attention. He spun around in time to see that Khivar had managed to mount his horse again and rode by, picking up Liz as he went by. He threw her over his lap and Max could see that she was injured.

“LIZ!” Max cried out as he started running toward them, but Khivar sent the horse off at a gallop, taking his mate away from them. Right behind them was Nicholas on his horse with a still struggling Maxie in front of him.

“Max!” She cried out but then Nicholas hit her and she slump over unconscious.

“NO!” Max kept running.

With his attention focused solely on Khivar and Nicholas riding away, he did not see the guard that was running straight at him. The guard tackled Max and they fought. The guard having gained the upper hand took out a dagger and placed it at Max's throat. He was about to cut deep into Max’s throat when his body stiffened and Max saw the end of a sword emerge from the guard’s stomach. Above them stood Isabel, her expression and eyes fierce and cold. She was a soldier, trained to protect and kill.

She pulled the man off Max and helped him up.

“Liz, Maxie. They have them. We’ve got to follow them.” Max said already limping toward the way they had ridden.

“No, Max. Wait, we can’t”

Max spun around to face Isabel. Anger filled his body. “What? They have my wife, my daughter. We have to find them and get them back”

Isabel wanted to sit and cry. She blamed herself for not protecting Liz. But this was war and there would be time for that later.

“We will find them but first we need to get the injured back to Michael and Maria. They need help first. Your wounds need to be taken care of.”

Max stared off, despair etching his features. He didn’t care. He couldn’t feel anything but loss. The cuts and blood on his body was nothing compared to what he now felt. “But…”

“Max…please.” Isabel’s voice was softer.

“She’s hurt Isabel. I saw it.”

“Yes, but we need to regroup. We need a plan. We can’t just go off and expect something out of nothing. We’ve still got to get Dravan, Timberlyn, and Ava back safe. Liz would want that.”

Reluctantly Max nodded. Isabel was right. Liz would want them to finish what they started before going off and getting themselves killed without a new plan.

Isabel had Max lean on her as she helped him back to where Jason and the others were regrouping. They would take the wounded back to the mountain, where Michael and Maria waited for them.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 19

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 19

Tyler led the way through the underground passage. Jorlen followed with Astrid behind him, then Lucas taking the rear. This tunnel led from outside the Palace wall to the middle of the Palace. There were once many such tunnels but most had been blocked off when Khivar had taken over. This one was the only one still accessible because it was long forgotten and came out into the Royal crypt that the Palace had been built around. The entrance to this tunnel was also forgotten since a home was built on top of it. The home belonged to a Resistance member, who freely let them come and go as needed, risking himself and his family if it were ever found out.

They reached the end of the tunnel and stopped before the wall of rock. Tyler looked back at the three that were following him, making sure they were ready. With swords drawn, they nodded. Tyler reached out and pressed the hidden trigger and watched as the wall slowly slid open.

Tyler went into the crypt first. He was still weary of what may be waiting for them. No one knew what Reily had told Khivar. Luckily, Jason, Maxie, Ava, and himself only used this passage. This was how Ava came and went from the Palace undetected so they kept it from common knowledge among the people. Tyler looked around and once he was sure it was safe, he motioned for the others to come out and follow him.

The large crypt was silent except for the sounds of their footsteps. Jorlen slowed his pace and briefly read the names as he passed. He finally stopped before a large block that held two names on it. He reached out and touched the names, a saddened expression falling on his face. His fingers trembled as he traced the letters.

“You ok?” Lucas’s voice disturbing the silence.

Jorlen nodded. “This is all so…I don’t know how to describe what I feel, really.” His hand still touched the cold marble. “This is so strange. I grew up seeing the tombs and being surrounded by what my Mother’s family did. The stories my Father told were just that…stories. I never thought I’d see where he was born and where my grandparents were laid to rest. But here they are…my family.”

Lucas put his hand on Jorlen’s shoulder. “I can only imagine what you are going through but do you think that we could save the trip into the past for another time? After this is all over, I’ll sit in here with you for as long as you want but right now, we have very limited time.”

Jorlen withdrew his hand from the stone. “You’re right Lucas.” He turned to his best friend. “Let’s go.”

They turned and caught up with Tyler and Astrid who were waiting by the door.

“Everything alright?” Tyler asked.

Jorlen nodded.

“Jorlen, are you sure you don’t want to split up so that one of us goes with one of you?” Astrid asked. “Tyler and I know this Palace like that back of our hand.”

“I’m not leaving Jorlen. Thank you Astrid, but we will be fine.”

Jorlen smiled at Astrid, trying to reassure her. He knew that she had fears about what they were about to do. “It’s alright. Did I ever mention that Lucas has this uncanny ability with directions and is great with finding his way around strange places?”

Astrid shook her head.

“Yeah, I’m a compass in a man’s body.” Lucas tried to lighten the tension that filled the room. Lucas knew that what they were about to do was very serious but he also knew that this was his way of dealing with all the stress.

It worked as Astrid gave a small laugh and shook her head. She reached down, took Jorlen’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Be careful.” She said softly.

He looked into her eyes. “You too.”

“Are you ready?” Tyler asked them. The scene that had played out before his eyes was quite calm compared to how he thought these two young men would react to such stress. Everyone nodded.

He carefully opened the heavy door and waited. He then signaled and the four stepped out of the crypt room into the empty hall. Astrid let go of Jorlen’s hand and followed Tyler as they went to the right while Jorlen followed Lucas to the left.

Jorlen and Lucas make their way through the twisting halls, staying in the shadows as much as possible. Lucas led the way with Jorlen keeping watch behind them. It seemed to take forever to get to Ava’s room and Jorlen’s stomach knotted tighter the closer he got. His instincts were screaming that something was not right but he kept quiet.

When they reached the hall that housed Ava’s room Lucas signaled for them to stop. They stayed in the shadows and watched the door to the room. There were no guards posted there and no one entered or left the room during that time.

“Something’s not right Lucas.” Jorlen whispered, the feeling of danger getting stronger.

Lucas nodded. “You are right. If they were keeping Ava here, they would have at least one guard outside the door.”

“What do you want to do?” Jorlen asked. “Go check it out or try somewhere else?”

“Let’s check out her room just in case. There may be a clue as to where they may have taken her.”

Lucas silently slid from the shadows with Jorlen right behind him. When they got to the door, Lucas tried the knob and found that it was locked.

“This is where you come in.” He said quietly while he and Jorlen switch places.

Jorlen quickly ran his hand across the knob and they hear the lock click. Jorlen grabs the handle and looked over to Lucas who nods, acknowledging that he was ready. Jorlen turned the knob and pushed the door open. Together they entered the room, weapons drawn. Jorlen let out the breath that he was holding when he realized that the large room was empty and silent.

“She’s not here.” Lucas stated the obvious as he walked a couple steps away to the dressing table.

Jorlen looked around but the feeling of danger did not go away. There was something that was nagging his senses but he couldn’t put his finger on it. He felt so worn from the last couple of days that were filled of emotional up and downs from the people around him. When this was over, he was locking himself in a room alone and sleeping to get rid of the excess baggage that he seemed to be carrying around.

“I don’t like this.” Jorlen spoke aloud.

“Down!” Lucas yelled immediately.

Out of pure instinct from the years of training together, Jorlen did not question Lucas’s order. He immediately let his body drop to the ground. Right above his head, he heard metal clink with metal. He looked up and found that Lucas had stopped a sword from slicing into him with his own sword. Jorlen quickly rolled out of their way but a movement from behind Lucas caught his attention. He sprung to his feet and was just in time to stop another soldier’s blade from entering his best friend’s body.

The sound of metal hitting metal filled the room as Jorlen and Lucas each fought one of Khivar’s soldiers. These soldiers were good and gave them a challenge like they hadn’t had in a long time. Lucas was almost having fun as he dodged and countered his opponent’s attack. He knew now why they said that Khivar’s army was great. Soon he tired of playing and within a minute his enemy lay on the floor, dead as his blood seeped from his body. Lucas turned in time to see Jorlen send the soldier he was fighting flying back against the wall.

Jorlen, not quite the swordsman as Lucas, had a harder time besting the man he fought. He made one mistake and felt the tip of the other’s sword graze his arm as it tore through his clothing and into his arm. That was when he’d had enough. He gave a loud grunt as he swung his sword and watched amazed as the man he was fighting went flying across the room and slam into the wall before falling to the ground. Jorlen’s body was tingling as if electricity was running in his veins. He’d never felt this way before and he could not yet decide if he liked the feeling or not.

“What the Hades, Jorlen?” Lucas asked as he approached the man cautiously. From the rise and fall of the man’s chest, he could see that the man still lived. He looked over his shoulder at Jorlen. “How’d you do that?”

Still shocked, Jorlen could only shrug and join his friend, kneeling over the man. He looked down as the man groaned and tried to open his eyes. Lucas took the dagger that was in his belt and held it to the soldier’s neck. This pressure caused his eyes to open wide and look up.

“Where is Queen Ava?” Lucas demanded.

The soldier swallowed hard, his adam apple bobbing dangerously on the blade. “I don’t know.” He croaked.

Lucas pressed harder. “Where is she?” His voice was harsh and filled with rage. This man would have killed him if Jorlen hadn’t stopped him.

“I don’t know. I really don’t know where they moved Queen Ava.” The soldier seemed to whimper. “Lord Khivar ordered us to stay in the room and kill anyone who came in.” His eyes went to where his companion lay dead. “I was doing what I was ordered to do.”

Jorlen put his hand on Lucas’s shoulder. He felt his friend’s anger and frustration. They had taken Ava elsewhere as if Khivar had expected them to try something.

“He speaks the truth.” Jorlen says softly.

Reluctantly, Lucas let the pressure soften but held the knife in place. “What are we going to do with him? We can’t let him warn the others.”

“I’ll take care of it.” Jorlen said. He didn’t know how he knew to do it but he put his hand on the soldier’s forehead and concentrated. The man closed his eyes and slumped. Lucas checked him and found that he still breathed.

“What did you do?”

“Let’s just say that he won’t be awake for many hours and we will be long gone when he does come around. Now, let’s put him under the bed so no one will find him.”

Lucas looked at his friend in wonder. It seemed to him that these strange abilities that he and Claudia had were coming out full force in their stressful situation. And he had to admit that they were coming in quite handy.

Together, Lucas and Jorlen dragged the body of the soldier to the bed and pushed him under, making sure that he could not be seen if someone was to walk in to check on the soldiers. They also moved the body of the other soldier to the far side of the bed so that he would not be detected immediately. They covered the blood that pooled on the floor with a rug that was by the window. Lucas quickly looked around and was happy that it looked as if a small fight had not happened as Jorlen went round righting things that were knocked over.

“I think we should go and meet up with Tyler and let him know about Ava.”

Jorlen nodded and went to the door. Making sure that Lucas was behind him and ready, he slowly opened the door just enough so that he could see if anyone was in the hall. It was dark and silent. He opened the door more and stepped out, Lucas right behind him.

“This way.” Lucas whispered as he went to the right, the way that they had come. He had the maps of the Palace memorized and knew the way that Tyler and Astrid were taking. He paused when he realized that Jorlen was not behind him. He turned and found Jorlen standing in the hall, but looking to the left. Lucas went back to where Jorlen stood.

“Jorlen?”

“Something is down this way.” Jorlen stated as he started walking down the hall, opposite to the way Lucas was trying to get him to go.

Lucas looked around and was glad that no one had come along yet. He watched perplex as Jorlen started walking away from him. He wanted to stop him and drag him the other way, to catch up with Tyler and Astrid, but he’d also learned long ago to trust Jorlen’s instincts. So, he joined Jorlen.

They walked down the hall in silence. Jorlen could feel the battle that Lucas was struggling with inside. He knew that he should try and explain himself but he couldn’t even understand what he was feeling himself. All he knew was that something was calling to him and he had to go find it. As he walked down the hall, Jorlen felt it grow stronger. He stopped at the end of the hall, a thick brick wall directly in front of him. He raised a hand and touched the cool stone. It vibrated under his touch.

“It’s here.” He whispered to himself.

“What? Jorlen, it’s a wall.” Lucas said, looking around, hoping no one decided to come along.

“I don’t know but I feel it.”

Jorlen began running both hands along the wall, putting slight pressure on different stones. Finally, one gave a little and the wall in front of them slid open.

“Blessed Sunova.” Lucas said in awe.

Jorlen stepped in the small room followed by Lucas, who was keeping watch over his shoulder for anyone to come along. Jorlen did not seem to notice the danger that they were in, his concentration completely on what was in the room.

Jorlen took two steps into the room when a dim light shined down on an object. It was a cone shaped object, the point upside down, pointing to the ground. It stood taller than Jorlen’s six-foot frame and strange symbols were etched on the wall near it. The object was quiet and blackened, nothing sounded through the room but his body was still humming with energy.

“What is it?” Lucas asked as he traced some of the symbols with his fingers.

“I…don’t know.”

Jorlen reached a hand out to touch the blackness. As his hand drew near, the humming he felt in his body became audible. He couldn’t describe how he was feeling but his breath quickened while the tingling grew stronger. He watched amazed as the darkness of the object lightened the closer he got to it. It began in a swirling motion, until it exploded into light when his fingers finally made contact with it.

A flash of light filled the room and the humming seemed to pulse, taking on a life of its own. If Lucas could feel Jorlen’s heartbeat, he would have known that they matched perfectly. Slowly, Jorlen removed his hand from the strange object and the colors faded until they were dull but still swirling. They were beautiful, every color in the rainbow showed through at one time or another.

“Uh, Jorlen…Great discovery and all.” Lucas gave it a perplexed look. “But I think we need to get out of here. That thing just called attention to us.”

Jorlen was slowly coming out of the haze that seemed to have filled him the minute he walked into the room. He heard Lucas’s words and knew that they were true. He slowly nodded but felt reluctant to leave this…thing.

Lucas took Jorlen by the arm and dragged him out of the room. It sealed on its own when they stepped out.

“Come on. I think we will find a short cut down to the dungeons from here.” Lucas started away from the secret opening with a still confused Jorlen traveling quickly behind.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

In Pathia…

The High Priestess sat in her study, her apprentice sitting next to her as they discussed the laws of the land. They had several large, old books in front of them, leafing their way through the yellowed pages.
A bright light flashed under a door that was behind the High Priestess’ chair. It would not have been noticed except for the loud humming noise that came from it.

“High Priestess…what is that?” Shantera asked.

The High Priestess smiled at the young girl. She had been training Shantera for six months now to take her place, for soon it would be time for her to pass on and join her ancestors. She was finding that Shantera was bright, quick, and the perfect woman to continue the highly regarded position.

“That is our next lesson Shantera.” The High Priestess closed her eyes and listened to the humming as it grew louder and then diminished to quiet. She opened her eyes again. “I had hoped that this would happen before my time was up.”

“What does it mean High Priestess?”

“Change.” The High Priestess answered as she got up and retrieved a book that was high on a shelf. She laid it on the desk and blew off the dust that had accumulated on it.

Shantera looked down and read aloud the title of this book. ‘Granolith.’

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 20

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 20

Tyler and Astrid moved through the halls with caution. They stayed in the shadows and hid when soldiers and Palace servants passed. It was a slow process, but they made it to the hall that led to the dungeons. The entrance was not guarded but Tyler knew that there would be soldiers wandering around down in the dark, damp halls.

Tyler went first through the wooden door that marked the entrance. Astrid followed closely behind. Tyler had told her to stay close. He knew the ends and outs of the Palace after spending his young years training to be part of the King’s Army.

Tyler stopped and turned to Astrid. “Ready?”

Astrid nodded, pulled the hood of her cloak over her head and held out her hands to him. He placed a set of shackles on her wrists. They were not locked, nor were they tight. She could easily slip her small wrists from the circles. She watched as he discarded his cloak to reveal the uniform of an Antarian soldier.

Tyler took her arm and started leading her down the last set of stairs that would take them to the cells. As they got closer, screams of pain and despair could be heard echoing throughout the stone cavern. He felt Astrid shiver.

“You ok?” He asked softly but continued their path.

Astrid nodded as she tried to ignore the sounds that floated from unseen rooms. They passed several soldiers but they were ignored. It was not unusual for a soldier to bring a villager down to the dungeons for punishment. It occurred more often than was really necessary. Tyler, having been a soldier, just walked on by and acted as if he was supposed to be there.

As they neared the area where all the cells were housed, one tall soldier took notice.

“What are you doing here Soldier?” The man asked gruffly. He was older than Tyler and there was a scar that ran the length of his cheek.

“I’m taking this Rebel scum to a cell.” Tyler replied.

The man looked Astrid over and a sneer came across his lips. “I’ll take over from here Soldier.” The man said as he reached out to take Astrid’s other arm. “I’m sure that I can make her feel right at home here.”

Astrid stepped closer as Tyler pulled her away from the other man. “I’m sorry Sir but I have my orders. We found her this morning on the edge of the woods and Khivar gave me the order himself to escort her to her cell and stay with her until he could come back and interrogate her himself. He made it quite clear that no one is to harm her in any way until he’s had his…fill of her.”

The sneer on the man’s face faded as he listened to Tyler’s words. He looked over at Astrid and gave her a menacing look.

“Well then, carry on. I’m sure that when his Majesty is done with her, he will share her with us.”

Tyler held back his anger knowing that what the man said was true. Khivar used the female prisoners until he was tired of them and then let his men have them. Usually the women died, but there were a few that had actually survived. But they were never really right afterward.

“Thank you Sir.” Tyler said as he pulled Astrid along with him and the man continued on his way back up the stairs toward the top of the dungeons. He heard her let out a whoosh of air in relief as he did so also.

Tyler didn’t know exactly where Khivar was holding Dravan and Timberlyn so they had to quietly look into each cell. After twenty or more cells, Astrid finally found the one that they were looking for. Inside, huddled together in the corner, she could just barely make out Dravan’s red hair, Timberlyn tightly embraced in his arms.

“Dravan.” Astrid whispered loud enough for him to hear her but not to attract attention outside of the cell.

She could see his head raise and look toward the door. Astrid stepped away for Tyler to open the door. He stayed in the opening while Astrid rushed in to her brother.

“Dravan. Are you hurt?” She asked as she knelt beside him. Even with the dimmest of lights she could see the cut on his lip filled with dry blood and his left eye was swollen. She cradled his head in her hands and felt the tears begin to rise in her eyes. She blinked furiously to keep them back.

“Astrid?” Dravan shifted and blinked his eyes making sure that he was not dreaming.

“Can you walk? We need to get out of here. How is Timberlyn?”

Dravan looked down at the sleeping girl that he held in his arms. His shifting began to wake her and when she opened her eyes and saw someone kneeling in front of them she panicked. Timberlyn clawed at Dravan trying to get closer to him and farther from the person that was shadowed by the darkness.

“Dravan?” She whimpered.

“Ssshhh…It’s ok Timber.” Dravan smoothed her hair. “It’s Astrid. She’s come to take us home.”

Astrid stood and reached her hands out to help them stand. “Come on. We don’t have much time.” She said as she pulled them toward the door after handing them each a cloak to put on over their clothing.

Timberlyn pulled them to a halt when they came to the uniformed man in the doorway. She didn’t want to go any further. The man was dressed in Antar’s Army uniform. This scared her. The thought of a trap crossed her mind.

“It’s ok Timberlyn. It’s just Tyler.” Astrid soothed the young girl’s fears. Timberlyn relaxed and followed them out of the cell.

The four made their way quietly up one level of the dungeon without incident. Tyler made them pause for a moment, after hearing a set of footsteps in the next level hall. When those passed, he motioned for them to continue. They made it to the second level and stopped to listen again. When there was no sound of soldiers coming down the stairs Tyler motioned for them to continue.

“I can’t let you go any further.” A voice echoed from the darkened hallway.

Tyler turned swiftly toward the voice, sword drawn. Astrid pulled Dravan and Timberlyn against her in protecting motion and stepped back. The four watched as Reily stepped out of the shadow, wearing a smug smirk, followed by another soldier.

“Reily.” Tyler growled at the traitor.

“I was hoping that my good-bye present would meet its mark directly in your heart Tyler.” Reily said drawing his own sword and approaching them.

“You are a traitor to Antar.”

“No. Khivar is my King…and he pays me much better than this silly Resistance.” Reily brought about his sword for a quick blow but Tyler effectively blocked it. “I’ve waited a long time for this.”

Tyler nodded accepting Reily’s challenge. Their dislike for one another stemmed from a fight they’d had when they were both training for the King’s army. Reily, ever confident and boasting, challenged Tyler, the best in their group to a fight. Reily had lost and had been humiliated and shamed, his anger for Tyler had grown since.

While Reily and Tyler circled, the man that was with Reily pointed his sword toward Astrid and the two that she shielded with her body.

“Careful Charles. She is not one to underestimate.” Reily warned before thrusting his sword at Tyler.

Charles chuckled as he sized up the woman that stood before him. “I’ll take my chances.”

As the man neared, Astrid pushed Dravan and Timberlyn in a small cubby that was near and told them to stay. She quickly shed her cloak and drew her sword. Her body appeared relaxed as she took a ready stance but her insides were knotted. She’d only dueled in practice, never in true battle. This would be her real test of skill.

“A woman won’t get the best of me.” Charles mumbled as he eyed her. He raised his blade and brought it down upon her as she blocked the blow.

Dravan and Timberlyn watched, eyes wide and fear gripping their insides as Tyler battled Reily and Astrid fought Charles. Dravan’s hands balled into fists by his side, wishing he had a sword to help. Feeling Timberlyn’s trembling hand on his shoulder, he glanced back and saw the fear that shined in her eyes. He quickly wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her near.

Timberlyn watched the battle between the four ensue. She had never seen true battle before. She was raised as a healer, following in her parent’s footsteps. They healed people, not wounded or killed. She knew the basics of defending herself, Claudia and Lyssa made sure of it but against Reily she had been no match. It still angered her that she’d gotten everyone into this mess with her inability to fight him off.

Behind the sound of clinking metal, hurried footsteps pounded on the brick. Dravan turned toward the stairwell and saw shadows approaching.

“Astrid. More soldiers are coming.” He called out to his sister.

She glanced toward the stairs and saw four more soldiers enter the landing. They stopped and watched what was happening, unsure of what was going on. She was breathing hard as she fought off Charles’s skilled advances. She tried hard to keep her focus on the man in front of her but she had to glance occasionally over to where Timberlyn and Dravan stood in the shadows, making sure they were still protected. The other soldiers had yet to see them and she hoped it stayed that way.

A movement caught Astrid’s eye. One of the watching soldiers decided to try and join with his comrade against her. Her step faltered and her balance was lost, sending her to her knees. She saw a blur of motion as she tried to stand when she felt the swoosh of a blade come close to her body only to be stopped by another blade. Astrid looked up and found Lucas standing over her. He had blocked the fatal blow.

“I didn’t need your help.” She said as she jumped to her feet. Her voice held her thanks and the slight smile spoke volumes.

“Welcome.” Lucas laughed as he continued the battle with the soldier that had tried to kill her.

Off to Astrid’s side, she glimpsed Jorlen fighting two of the soldiers that had been watching them while the fourth went toward Lucas. She blocked another blow from Charles as she cried a warning to Lucas.

Dravan watched in awe as the four warriors fought with passion. They moved with symmetry and skill. Even when Astrid had fallen, she had done so with grace. The entire battle was enticing and he still felt compelled to go out there and join but he also knew that he needed to be near Timberlyn. To protect her.

Jorlen had been able to kill one of his opponents leaving just one left. He was doing well, his energy staying strong as his instincts from years of training took over. He swung and felt satisfaction as the tip of his blade tore into the soldier’s side. He turned and went to swing again when a deep, searing pain dropped him to his knees. The agony that he felt in his body made his vision blacken. He cried out in pain as it shook his body.

Astrid, fighting next to Jorlen, found her opening with Charles. He had turned, trying to be fancy in his attack but it left an unprotected opening. She thrust her body forward just in time for the blade of her sword to embed itself into his chest. Charles stopped and looked down disbelieving. Blood spilled from his wound and his mouth as he fell backward. Astrid held tightly to her sword and heard the sound it made as it slid off the body.

She took a deep breath just as Jorlen screamed in pain. Astrid turned in time to see that Jorlen knelt on the floor in obvious pain while the man he’d been fighting stood over him, sword raised and ready to thrust it into Jorlen’s back.

“NO!” Astrid cried out as she lunged for the soldier.

The sound of her cry mixed with Jorlen’s frightened the soldier causing him to hesitate. He was then knocked to the ground by a body where a wrestling match ensued. He found that he was stronger than his opponent and quickly had her beneath him. He looked down and was met by fiery green eyes. He reached into his boot and pulled out a small dagger and held it to her throat.

“Maybe I’ll just wound you so that I can have some fun before I kill you.” He sneered. Astrid tried fighting back but his full weight was upon her pinning her to the floor.

Jorlen heard Astrid’s cry through the fog of pain. He sensed a scuffle that was near him as the pain released its hold on him but it left him disoriented.

‘Jorlen?’ He heard his sister strong in his mind. ‘What happened? Are you hurt?’

‘No. But someone is…’ He paused for a brief moment and reached out. The only people he’d had this strong of a connection to was his sisters, mother and father. ‘Shit. It’s Mother.’

‘What happened? Where is she?’ Claudia demanded.

The pain was almost gone from his body. ‘I don’t know what’s happening. She’s not here with me. Try finding out.’

The sound of Astrid’s cries reached Jorlen’s ears, knocking him completely out of the disorientation. He looked over and saw her struggling against a soldier whose body was sprawled on top of hers. He could feel anger build in him as he saw the soldier’s hand run down the side of her body. He felt a sudden ball of energy churning in his gut. It built quickly as his anger simmered.

Jorlen reached out a hand and willed the ball of energy to release. He watched amazed as the soldier was suddenly lifted from Astrid’s body and flew hard against the stone wall. Jorlen could hear the sound of bones cracking as he fell to the floor, his body limp. He quickly reached Astrid and gathered her into his arms. Suddenly a strange green bubble surrounded them but neither took notice.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

Astrid nodded. “Yes, thank you.” She didn’t question how the man was jerked off her when there was no one behind him. All she knew was that she was safely tucked in Jorlen’s arms.

Tyler still fought Reily, both heaving from their exercertion and the sound of metal on metal still clanged in the air. This was a battle that had been waiting to happen for many years. They knew that no one would interfere. It was a battle to the death between two warriors. With each swing of their swords the two moved further and further from the others.

On the other side of the room was Lucas killing off the second soldier that had attacked him. Once the man fell to the floor dead, Lucas fell to his knees, his breath rapid as his fatigue set in, the adrenaline running out as the battle finally came to an end. His head lifted and looked toward Jorlen and Astrid. His eyes widened with disbelief.

“Jorlen?” He panted.

Jorlen looked up at his best friend and felt a bit bewildered as he viewed Lucas through a strange green barrier. Lucas crawled over and reached a hand out touching it. It gave with his hand but it did not pass through.

“Are you doing this?” Astrid asked, her eyes just as wide as Jorlen’s.

“I don’t know”

Timberlyn and Dravan had come out of their hiding place wanting to see what surrounded Jorlen and Astrid.

“Draw it back in.” Lucas said softly, familiar with the way Jorlen’s powers worked.

Jorlen closed his eyes and felt for the energy that swam in his body. He gently tugged it and when he opened his eyes the green shield was gone.

“Wow.” Timberlyn said.

“Little Bit.” Lucas said pulling his cousin in for a tight hug. “Are you ok? Did they hurt you?”

“Lucas…breath…please.” Timberlyn choked out.

“Oh, sorry.” Lucas reluctantly released her only to be grabbed by Jorlen.

While the others were being amazed by Jorlen’s show of power, Dravan had taken the opportunity to slip toward the area where Tyler and Reily fought. He stayed in the shadows watching as they matched swing for swing. They were both great fighters but he could see them both tiring. That was when Tyler made a fatal mistake.

Reily dodged the tip of Tyler’s sword and did a countermove that knocked Tyler’s sword from his hand. It slid across the floor and landed near Dravan’s feet. Reily took the opportunity to sweep Tyler’s feet from beneath him, knocking him flat on his back. Tyler was left groaning as the breath was knocked out of him.

“You should have known that you could never defeat me Tyler. Your death will bring me a great reward from Khivar.” Reily said as he raised his blade for his final strike.

Tyler opened his eyes and found Reily sneering down at him. He saw the tip of the sword coming down but he knew that he would not be able to move in time. He saw Reily’s body flinch and his sneer turned to a look of surprise. His sword dropped to the floor loudly while he turned his head, looking behind him. His body jerked again and this time Tyler could see the tip of a sword protrude from Reily’s abdomen. Tyler rolled over and got to his knees.

Behind Reily stood Dravan, pushing Tyler’s sword deep into him. With one final shove, the sword pressed into Reily’s body to the hilt and the man fell forward, barely missing where Tyler kneeled. Dravan stood still, staring without emotion at the dead body. His hands were covered in blood.

“Dravan.” Tyler rose shaky to his feet and went to the boy he thought of as a son.

Dravan looked up at Tyler. “He was going to kill you. I couldn’t let him do that.” Dravan shook his head but his eyes were still glued to the man he’d killed. Footsteps sounded as the others joined them.

Astrid saw the blood that was coating Dravan’s hands. “What happened?”

“Dravan saved my life.” Tyler stated while he turned to them. “We have to go. We’ve wasted too much time.”

Everyone nodded. Tyler passed Dravan a cloth to clean his hands while Timberlyn took his arm and started behind Jorlen and Lucas. She was not surprised that Dravan killed Reily. He was protecting Tyler and there was still anger in him from when Reily had taken them from the mountain. This was war…Death occurs. She just prayed to Sunova that none of her family were casualties.

“Lucas has a short cut back to the crypt.” Jorlen announced. Within minutes, the Palace would be on alert when the bodies were found. They were lucky that no one had come across them when they were all fighting. There was no way for them to get the six of them out by walking out the front gate, so the crypt was the best way.

TBC...