Flesh..Blood..Bone..Love - (CC,M/L,MATURE) - [COMPLETE]

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Flesh..Blood..Bone..Love - (CC,M/L,MATURE) - [COMPLETE]

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Title: Flesh…Blood…Bone…Love ( FBBL)
Author: Crashdown_51
E-Mail: Torch_jo@yahoo.com
Genre: M/L, Angst
Rating: MATURE
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Roswell characters.
Summary: Sequel to "To Give Her Up". Max got a visit from Future Liz and stopped Liz from getting shot at The Crashdown. After that, Max made sure tht they would never join Tess to stop her from killing Alex, but in doing so the set a glitch in their new time line, where Khivar comes and affectively take Isabel back to Antar. Max and Michael go back to Antar to find Isabel. What will happen now that they’re gone and left Liz, Maria, and Alex on Earth alone? Nothing good I bet.
Notes: Sequel to "To Give Her Up"

Prologue

’I love you Max.’

‘I love you too…Liz, I don’t want you to go. Please. Stay with me.’

‘Max, I have to go back…to save us.’

‘But if you go back, they’ll be no ‘us’.’

‘We don’t know that.’

‘What do we know?’

‘We know that we will always love each other…no matter what happens…always.’

‘Liz, I wish there was something I can do.’

‘Love me, Max. Make love to me.’

Chapter 1

Song: Tilt Your Head Back by Nelly f/ Christina Aguilera

Liz’s Room

March 16 th , 2000 – 2:16 A.M.

“Max.” I call out as I sit up in my bed, drenched in a pool of sweat, tears, and heat. It had been a little over a week since I watched Max walk in the portal with Michael, in search for Isabel. I wondered if Isabel was okay. If all three of them were…and if they were, what took them so long to get back. Maybe in Antar a week on Earth was a day in Atar? Or an hour. A minute? I ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, then looked over the the nightstand and saw the time. 2:17 A.M. How could I ever make it through a school day? How did I make it Monday through Wednesday? Maria and Alex, that’s how. I remembered how Maria had told me once, while we exchanged kissing experiences with Max and Michael, and her making a comment of being the only two people in the world who could possibly have that conversation. Well, that’s pretty much how it feels now, we’re just not taking turns blushing and scooping vanilla ice cream…we’re only taking turns comforting each other while we wallow in our tears. The three of us loss our true loves that night, and until I see Max again…touch him…I don’t think I’ll be able to breathe.

“Liz? Are you okay?” Maria asked poking her head in and looking in. I had nearly forgotten that she was here. How could I? She had been sneaking in every night and sleeping in Michael’s room and in his favorite hockey shirt. I envied her. She had practically a shrine that can supply her with all the memories she want…she could smell Michael everywhere…his pillow, his half empty cologne…and all I had left to remind me of Max was a stone-like pendant from his home planet and dreaming of moments that didn’t belong to me. How I wish it were the real me…this me…to be making love to Max, but instead I’m cursed to dream of what could have been. “Liz?” Maria called out again.

“Yeah?”

“Another dream?” Maria asked as she climbed in the bed next to me and tucked her legs underneath the covers. I nod ‘yes’ and then lay back down on the pillow, she follows, joining me in what seemed to be routine now, staring up at the cheap plastic glow-in-the-dark stars Maria and me pasted up to be closer to the guys…in theory of course, with the covers up to our necks and our hearts breaking in the process.

“I wish I can get rid of these memories.” I confess. If I lived half the life my future self did, I would be the happiest girl…woman…in the world.

“Don’t say that.”

“Maria, it’s true. I have to suffer for the losses I’ve experience in two different lifetimes. It hurts that Max is gone but it hurts even more that I had this almost perfect life with him in the future.” I couldn't help but start crying again, feeling the soft fabric collect in my hands as I squeeze the cover closer to me.

“I guess if I were in your shoes, I’d feel the same way.” Maria. Always the same. Trying to console everyone else but herself. That’s why I closed The Crash for a while. After Mr. Evans rushed my inheritance, I wouldn’t have to work again in my life with the amount my parents and Grandma Claudia left me with. I made sure I kept Maria on payroll though, it just wouldn’t be fair that I’d have the luxury of not working without worrying about money and she did. “Everything will be okay Liz…as long as we have each other.” Maria told me. Somehow I think she was trying to convince herself more than me.

“We’ll always have each other. No matter what. Until we’re old bags and it’s our turn to toss our ‘heart of the ocean’ into the cold sea.” I answer seeing her smile turn into an irritated smile as she rolled her eyes. Every time we watched “Titanic”, it was more entertaining to watch Maria’s reaction rather than the movie itself. She would curse and yell at the screen, badgering Jack to push Rose off the floating door and save his own cute behind. Her newest addition to the insults was that Rose should’ve sold the necklace and signed up for a lifetime supply of Botox. I simply nod my head and ask her to pass the popcorn.

“Jack should’ve drowned the bitch when he had the chance.”

“Okay, Maria.” I laugh. We begin to reminisce on the good times we had with Max and Michael until 5:36 A.M., giving in to our bodies and finally fall asleep.

8:45 P.M.

‘Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep’ The annoying sound of my clock radio woke me from a deep slumber. I lean over and slammed the off button with my eyes closed, and then turn back to snuggle in my pillow, that was now sporting a Banana Republic t-shirt that, belong to Max, as a pillow case. I always meant to return it. Honestly. It was on my “To Do” list, but after getting shot and having a god like man like Max strip his shirt off to cover you, it might have some sentimental value. Max. I don’t even remember if I dreamt about him again. Must of not been in full R.E.M. “Uh, I don’t wanna go to school.” Wait, did I just say that? A.P., straight A, Liz Parker, not wanting to go to school? I shrug the silly thought and then look to see if Maria was still asleep, but to my surprise, she wasn’t there. She’s probably back in Michael’s bed. I sit up and then my jaw drops. It’s completely dark outside. I look back at the alarm clock and see that wretched lighted dot near the PM option. I slept all morning and night.

“Liz?”

“Come in, Kyle.” I say as I clear my throat. Kyle has been a pretty good sport in joining the ‘I know and Alien’ club, but I think he couldn’t come up with another explanation other than ‘I’m surrounded by aliens’ after witnessing everything he did that night. The light from the hallway give off a silhouette behind Kyle and on the floor.

“Hey, didn’t see you in school today.” Kyle, always the observant one and reliable one I see, as he shows me papers and a book, that I could only assume was homework. “Brought you some work.” He announced, confirming my assumption. “How you feeling?”

“Like I’m trapped in a bad Country music video.”

“That bad, huh?” Kyle laughs, and then turns on my lamp from my nightstand. “Well, how bought some entertainment to lightened that ‘achin’ breakin’ heart’?“

“Kyle, a zombie movie is not exactly an option of making me feel better.” I snort expecting no less from Kyle Valenti.

“Well, what if I told you I have something even better than a zombie flick?” Kyle asked me with his eyebrows arched up. Better than a zombie movie? I had to see this. Even when we were dating he would try to cure everything with a zombie movie…that or some sport highlight…if it was better than a zombie movie that meant Maria and Alex were involved. If Alex wasn’t, Maria sure was. “Km…hm…mm.” Kyle cleared his throat by the door, opening it wide, leaving and then coming back in with a portable stereo. I watched him place the radio on my nightstand and then popping a cassette in the slot, then pushing play with a coy smile.

‘Mind precedes its objects. They are mind-governed and mind-made. To speak or act with a peaceful mind, is to draw happiness after oneself, like an inseparable shadow.’

I wrinkle my nose in confusion when I hear Buddhist scriptures blasting from the sides of the radio. Kyle quickly stops the tape and smiles at me embarrassed. “Into Buddha now…you know…to deal.” Kyle quickly explains and then turns the tape around and hits the rewind button. “So how bout’ them Bears?” Kyle asks trying to stall for time.

“Don’t really know.” I answer, biting my lip to try and restrain myself from going into a convulsion of laughter.

‘Click. Pop.’ We hear the ribbon be pulled to it’s end and then the rewind button pop up. Kyle rubs his hands together and then rushes to sit behind me. Some how, deep inside, Max wouldn’t like Kyle’s form of affection towards me if he were watching this right now, no matter how much he preached that he could ever be jealous of him, but I know Kyle’s intentions are harmless and just shrugged the thought. Suddenly I hear a familiar voice, two actually. Nelly and Christina Aguilera.

“Some body give me a bass line.” I hear and see Alex mimic the line, as he struts in dressed as an Italian mobster and Maria in a 1930’s cocktail dress, heels and bright red lipstick. “ Yeah, that's tight. Check it, drop the drum right. Put some horns in it..woo! Do it again. Give her what she want, give her what she want, uh.” Alex sings along and then Maria twirls in front of him.

”I see you lookin', uh like what you see? Boy, now don’t be shy and look at her face in opportunity.” Maria sung as she portrayed a pursued girl. I couldn’t help but clap along. Watching Alex prepare for his part, making me think that they had rehearsed this ahead of time.

”She’s right ya know. She's right. Man, she's right ya know. She's right” Alex sings.

“Ow!” Maria mimics as she pops her leg up from behind.

“You stand there looking at me.” Alex sings pointing to Maria, starting a he sings-she sings, sing along.

“At me.” Maria repeats pointing to herself.

“I stand herre looking at you girl.”

“At you boy.”

”You know exactly what's on my mind, yeah, yeah.”

”It’s just so easy to see."

“To see.” Alex retaliates.

“You came here looking for me. But I don’t do that type of thing all the time, yeah."

“You want me to.”

“Come here boy...I got a little something for ya” Maria sings, calling Alex over with her hands.

”You got a little bit, can I get a little bit? Yeah, yeah."

"And I don’t know.”

“I don't know what it is but I just want to get to know ya, alright alright..yeah yeah.” Alex imitates pointing to Maria. Making a motion the Maria is 'muy calient'. I watch and sing along, as Kyle takes my arms and pulls me of the bed where we all sing and dance along, not knowing that our week wait would turn into a year.

The Crashdown

March 8th, 2001 – Closing Time

“I can’t wait to get home and get the smell of onion and burn fat off of me.” Kyle yells from the kitchen as he listens to the results to the baseball game on the little gray radio propped up above the stove by the extra salt and pepper shakers. Maria and me collected the deserted plates and Alex did the books.

“How’d we do?”

“Cubs loss.” Kyle announced.

“I was talking to Alex.” I yell back, but doubt he heard me as I here him cursing at the sports commentator and then apologizing to Buddha for wishing violence on a fellow sports fan. I roll my eyes and then look to Alex to see him totaling today’s profits. “So?” I asked with a worried smile, lately business has been booming, tourist had been coming like a crash had occurred again.

“Hey Chica, can you pass me the sugar jars?” Maria asked as she stood with a gray gin at the end of the long counter island. I extend my hand and move it to Maria’s direction, making all the sugar jars on the counter slid to her. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” I answer. In this passed year, my powers had become more stronger and more advanced. I found my self getting flashes of the future and using my powers better than I have ever seen Max, Michael, and Isabel put together. Those three. A year and not a single word. Nothing. With time their tears had turned to panic, than worry, than hate, and now...they had finished their ‘what if’ stage and evolved into the live day by day stage.

“We killed tonight.” Alex announced with a smile, as he kissed the account book.

“My feet are killing me.” Maria whines behind the counter as she refills the sugar jars. I walk over and sit on the stool in front of her, and begin helping her in the long and technical process of filling up the sugar jars with a Styrofoam cup . I hear Kyle faintly in back, scrapping the burnt meat off the grill, repeating everything the commentator was saying in a form of a whining question.

‘ The Cubs took a 2-1 lead in the seventh on Alou's bases-loaded sacrifice fly…we interrupt this broadcast with urgent news of repeated UFO sightings…’

“Guys!” Kyle yells. I look up and see him waving his arm from the order window and follow Alex and Maria to the kitchen. “Listen.” Kyle says as he turns up the volume and then holds on to his elbow with one hand while the other goes into the thinking position.

‘…Yes, Tom. That’s right. UFO Sightings. We have sources telling us that similar sightings have occurred in Europe, Asia, and Australia…churrr

“Oh, come on!” Kyle exclaims as he bangs on the small radio and begins to fiddle with the knobs, but all we hear is static.

“AAAAAHHHHHH!” Everyone, including me jump at the loud scream. Kyle was so startled that he dropped the radio and caused it to break apart on impact. Then, a bad feeling flaps in my stomach as more screams are heard. In a trans, we walk out of the kitchen through the restaurant and out the restaurant unto the middle of the street, amazed and stunned to see different purple spot-like portals piercing through the dark clouds and behind buildings.

“Liz, what’s happening?” Maria asked frightened. I look down to the black pavement and then kneel down on the floor and try to achieve a premonition. A flash knocks me off my feet, and when I open my eyes, I see Alex, Maria and Kyle in huddle around me and then the three of them reaching out to me to help me up. “What did you see? Is it Max? Is it Michael?” Maria asked in an anxious prayer.

“It’s not Max…” I answer as I look up to see the sky become darker than usual and then across the street seeing people running in panic like a bad Godzilla movie.

“What is it?” Alex asks as he steps behind me.

“…we have to run.”

Continue?
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:11 pm, edited 27 times in total.
<center>Image
***Click on banner to get to my author's page***</center>
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 2

Outside the Crashdown

“Go. Inside.” I command, pushing Alex to run. We all scramble back inside the restaurant, and I quickly lock the door and wave my hand to turn off the lights. I feel Alex grab my hand and could only assume Maria was holding his and Kyle hers. We had practiced certain drills like this before when I had closed down the restaurant. How to sense each other…I was the only one that had powers, but Kyle knew how to fight, Alex was smarter than any of us put together and Maria’s resourcefulness always came in hand…together we found out we made a pretty effective team. I conjure a small ball of light in the palm of my hand, giving the restaurant a moonlight effect, and then pull them into the kitchen and up to my house.

Liz's House

“Quick. Get everything.” I command as I release the ball of light and see everyone scatter out to get their safety packages I made in case something like this occurred…against the wall remain three extra packages and I think back when I was packing them, I had the expectation the Max and the others would have returned…never would I have imagine us going through this alone. But my hopeless thoughts are put on hold when a bright light flashes on my face. I squint my eyes and shade them with me hands to see Kyle checking the flashlights.

“What’s going on?” Kyle asked as he clicked the flashlights ‘on’ and ‘off’ to make sure the were all functional and then handed them off one by one to us, with a zip lock bag of batteries.

“Skins…they’re coming.” I say in a dooming voice as I shove my flashlight in my bag. I look up at their stunned faces and then proceed to my room, moving the dresser from the wall and remove the loose brick where a bag of money I had hidden inside for safe keeping was. I shove the money inside my bag and then return to the living room to find the three of them with a look of paranioa. I can relate.

“How many?”Maria asks as she picks at her fingers nervously. I couldn’t bare answer her, but I guess the look I gave her answered her question…it was bad.

“You guys, we have to get your parents and take them to the silver mine…it’s the only safe place I can think of.” I tell them as the four of us strap on our safety packages.

“What about the pod chambers?” Kyle asked.

“I can’t open it…I tried.” I answered in disappointment. Kyle was away on his championship game when Alex and Maria went with me to the pod chamber. I waved my hand on that entire frickin’ rock and nothing. Not a budge. Not a single handprint. Later on, we came up with the theory that the door probably only open for the Royal Four…Nasedo was their protector, so it was only natural that it would open for him as well. It would’ve been the perfect place to hide out. Solid rock, protected by alien powers. While we practiced shooting their with Valenti, we discovered that the bullets didn’t even make a dent on the rock…how lucky were the Royal Four to find a hideout like that as opposed to Zan and the others hideout in the sewers back at New York…Zan? Zan! Of course! Why didn’t I think of it before? A scream from the outside snaps me back to reality and I know I have to deal with the now before I worry about Zan. “Alex, you come with me to get the Evans and your dad…Kyle get your dad and Maria’s mom…Kyle...”

“I’ll take care of her.” Kyle assurred me. I guess my worried thoughts must have been written all over my face cause he answered my main concern. With our assignments we creep out The Crashdown and separate in pairs.

Evans Home

We sneak in through Max’s bedroom window. When I look around I realize I have not stepped foot in this room since the last time Max and me were in here. Us kissing. Feeling his arousal stabbing hard against my stomach through his khakis…NO…I can’t get distracted…I have to get the Evans. I shake the memory and then proceed out the room and to the living room were I see Mrs. Evans huddled by the corner of the room while Mr. Evans baracaded the door with the long sofa. Struggling to propping it up at an angle, I raise my hand and help him with the final push. The Evans spin their heads quickly, and I watch how their frightened faces change to relieved.

“Lizzy, thank God you’re okay.” Mr. Evans whimpers in relief as he and Mrs. Evans run over to me and pull me into a hug. “What’s happening?”

“Skins are attacking.” I answered bluntly. The Evans exchange looks and then look at me in despair…the same way they looked at me when I told them the truth. How could I lie to them? What would I have said, other than the truth? Anything other than the truth would’ve been unhonorable to Max and Isabel. When I watch them, it’s like déjà vu, Mrs. Evans crying and Mr. Evans comforting her, trying to be strong for the both of them. “We have to go.” I tell them softly. Mr. Evans nodded and went to get their safety packages, that seemed to grow since the last time she saw it. Dangling from one of the bags, was a keychain with a picture of the Evans family…Max where are you?

Galitas Silver Mine

“Liz!” Maria yells when she sees us going down the stairs.

“Maria!” I yell back and skip the last step, hoping to hug her in joy that she’s okay. The Evans and Mr. Whitman quickly gathered by Valenti and Amy Deluca, and I could hear them whispering amungst each other. I know deep down they think I’m just a kid and can’t handle a situation like this…but I’m 17 going on 150…my teen days ended the moment Max stepped inside that portal.

“Liz, it’s crazy out there. Kyle and his dad had to kill like three Skins to get out of town.” Maria informs me frantically.

“Yeah, good thing my dad was over at Maria’s place…traumatizingly sucking face with her mother…but we only needed to make one stop, so I guess that’s a plus.” Kyle commented. “So what’s the plan?” I nod to him when it’s time to explain my plan, I walk to the center of the room and clear my throat to get everyone’s attention.

“We need help. Guns don't work on those things and you can't protect us all with your powers." Valenti says as he tries to keep calm. I assume he doesn't want to frighten Maria's mom...if we would have been alone he would probably be pacing back and forth frantically.

"I know...we have to get in to the pod chamber where Max, Michael and Isabel were born...it's the safest place.” I announce as I subconsciously speak with my hands.

“I thought you said you couldn’t get in?” Kyle asked crossing his arms in confusion.

“I couldn’t...but I know someone who can.” I announce and I see Maria and Alex’s jaws drop at the news. “I’ll explain everything later…but right now I really need a pilot…a plane.” If my calculations are right, the Skins are taking over because no one stopped The Harvest. Once there was enough ground Skins, Skins from Antar started to come...that meant she had very little time to get to New York and stop Lonnie and Rath from killing Zan...because with his help...they are secured.

“My firm has a private jet.” Mr. Evans announces breaking my brainstorm.

“Can you fly it?” I ask hoping that we were lucky enough to have that…I needed a pilot and I would kidnap one at hand point if I had to. I watch a small smile spread on his face...good news...he looks to Mrs. Evans and then back at me. “Diane…she made me take lessons in case anything happened to the pilot while we were in the air.” He said proudly. I watched as pride covered Mrs. Evans face as well and felt the tight pressure of my heart slowly realeasing. “Where do you want to go?”

“New York.”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 3

Roswell Private Air Strip

My body jerks back and forth when I slam on the brakes. I pull up to the side gate of the air strip, climb out of Maria’s Jetta and move to the gate. I hold out my hand and begin to use my powers to melt the weak metal in a circular motion to make us an opening to sneak in. I spot the charter belonging to Mr. Evans firm, and run to it with Mr. Evans trailing behind. I wave my hand over the door, climb in, and then wave my hand over the key hole, starting the engine up for him. I glance at Mr. Evans from the corner of my eye and smile when I notice him looking at me impressed. I would be to if I witness my abilities…I felt as if I had these powers all my life and every time I use them it feels more natural. Mr. Evans begins flipping switches and adjusting gears and then before we know it we’re riding down the runway and taking off before we reach the end of the strip.

Capitol Union Airstrip

7 Hours Later- 3:29 A.M.

Mr. Evans panicked that we wouldn’t be allowed to land in Capitol Union Airstrip, but the 7 hours and 11 minutes we endured on the jet, not a single word was heard over the radio…not even when we landed on the strip. No security. No police. No staff. I glance at my watch, it is a bit late for anyone to be here, but still, the lack of security was untrustworthy. We creep to the parking lot and I spot a Toyota Corolla parked in the corner. “Mr. Evans…I’m sorry, but we’re going to have to borrow this car.” Mr. Evans looks around and then nods. I use my powers to break in and start the engine and begin the drive to the sewers from my future self's memory. It wasn’t even my memory, it was flash from Future Max inherited to my future self and now me…uhhh…everything so confusing. Having flashes from three different people aside from my own and on top of that premonitions…I wouldn’t be surprised if my head exploded right this minute. I look over to Mr. Evans, who’s looking out the passenger side window, looking like a nervous wreck. I feel terrible breaking the law with someone who works so hard to uphold it…and the fact that he’s my boyfriends father didn’t help much. My boyfriend? Is Max even that anymore? Where the hell is he? It seemed to be a common thing for Antarian aliens to possess humans as vessels…why couldn’t Max? Was he captured? Or worse…with Tess? They were in Antarian soil, what if being there jolted the essence of their past lives and he became Zan like Isabel became Vilandra…that would mean he would recognize Tess as Ava…his wife. Bitch! But what if he was killed? What if he renounced the throne and they killed him for that or Khivar killed him so he wouldn’t claim the throne? Uhh…stop thinking Liz. Focus on the road.

New York Sewer Tunnel

I cautiously creep in the tunnel, feeling the damp cement as a slide my hands across it making sure I stay as close to the wall as possible. I stop when I here footsteps, water splashing as someone walks and I stay frozen, relieved to hear the footsteps stop moving.

‘You sure we gotta do dis’? Maybe he’ll change his mind when he hears we got another invite.’

‘You brain dead? You know exactly what he’s gonna say. No. We gotta do dis’. I ain’t livin’ in a sewer wit’ my lil’ bro and his lap doggie for the rest of my life. I remember who I was and I’ll do anything to get it back.’

‘What about Ava?’

‘What about her? If she gets in the way, we pop her too.’

‘Man, you’re brutal.’

‘What’s the matter, baby? I thought you liked it rough.’

I think I’m going to throw up. The memory of Future Rath kissing my future self made my stomach turn.

‘Rath. Lonnie. Get in here.’

That sounded like Max! My excitement parishes when I acknowledge the fact that Max is not here and the voice I just heard belonged to Zan. But still…it sent chills up my spine. I swallow my fear and walk straight inside. Their all surprised to see me, but Lonnie and Rath are quick to use their powers and send red energy balls to me. I quickly use my powers to send the energy balls into the cement and loosen me hand for anymore they might throw, but Zan stops them and steps up towards me.

“Who the hell are you?” He asks me ready to throw up his shield. He looks so much like Max, the grungy version though.

“Liz Parker.” I answer keeping my eyes on Lonnie and Rath.

“You lost?” Lonnie asks sarcastically. God, her hair looks horrible. Focus Liz.

“Does it look like I’m lost?” Bitch. Damn it. I forgot to say Bitch. Focus. “Zan…we need to talk.” I say to Zan. There’s no sweet talking this group. It all aggression and if for one moment I show I’m afraid of them…it’s over.

“You know our names?” Lonnie asked surprised.

“Didn’t I just say the name 'Zan'? It’s obvious I know who the four of you are, so is it possible you can keep your mouth shut until I finish talking to Zan?” Rath snorts a laugh and gets punch in the arm by Lonnie. Zan and Ava watch in amazement. Lonnie then stares at me with a ‘who the hell do you think you are’ look while I’m wondering where the hell did that attitude came from? Damn Maria and her bad influence. Oh. Man, I’m so dead. Damn it, I forgot to say Bitch again.

“You got a pair on you, don't you?” Lonnie snapped as she stepped up.

“I’ll let you borrow them so you can use them when you go back to your hair stylist.” Bitch. Say bitch!

“Who does this broad think she’s talkin’ to?” Lonnie question in aggravation.

“Yo, she’s talkin’ to you.” Rath instigated, still laughing.

“Do you see me talking to anyone else, Lonnie. Vilandra? What the hell kind a name is that anyways?” Okay, that’s hitting right on the belt. Did I say I was dead. Some how I regret telling Mr. Evans to wait for me above.

“Vilandra is a special name.” Lonnie snapped.

“Yeah, I’m sure half the guys of New York now how special it really is, Bitch.” Yes! Now go hide by Zan.

“You fu…”

“Lonnie, chill.” Zan ordered and then looked down at me, damn, am I really that short? “Lonnie’s right. You do got a pair on ya. Most chics I know are too afraid to look at her let alone burn her. Most guys too. I like that. So talk.”

“I need to talk to you in private. You can bring Ava along if you like.” I could practically see the decision forming in his mind.

“Let’s go.” He says and then looks over to Ava and signals her with his head to follow him. He takes us through another tunnel and then into what appeared to be a boiler room and then leaned on one of the pipes with his arms crossed. “Talk.”

“Okay, this is going to sound completely crazy, but hear me out first before you say anything…I know that you’ve been called to the summit…and I know you also turned it down, but turning it down get’s you killed…”

“I get popped? By who?”

“Lonnie and Rath. They kill you and come to Roswell to look for Max…the real King. They want him to take your place at the summit so they could go back to Antar. I know this because I can sort of see the future…it’s really complicated…but you have to believe me.”

“You’re a seer?” Ava asks curiously.

“Um...it’s complicated.” I can’t tell them the whole truth right now, they’ll think I’m a complete nut. “Look, I don’t have a lot of time to explain…I need you to come back to Roswell with me…skins are taking over and I need your help…please trust me.”

“Zan…let’s go, please. Just the two of us.” Ava pleaded. They must really treat her like crap here. “Please.”

“Somethin’ mad about you, Liz Parker…”

Oh, no. Please don’t do the Liz Parker line…especially not with that face.

“Can I grab my rock before we go?” Zan asked with a smile. Thief. That smile belongs to Max…uhh, I think this was a bad idea.

“You’re rocks?” Does he mean…my eyes scan down to his crotch.

“Nah, my ball. Basketball.” He answers me with a sly chuckle as he sees me blush in embarrassment.

“Oh.” Can you say moron? God, I’m so embarrassed.

“Never mind, Babe. I lift another one.”

Above the Sewer

“Let’s go.” I announce to Mr. Evans after the three of us sneak out of the sewer tunnel. Mr. Evans stares at Zan, amazed at the resemblance just as I was. “We have to go.” I tell him softly as I touch his forearm, snapping him out of the familiar daze. He nods and then the four of us run to the car and take off to the air strip…back to Roswell.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chater 4

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 4

Quotes from "Max in the City"

Law Firm Charter
3 ½ Hours Later – 7:50 A.M.

‘I think that what I'm afraid of is we try ‘us’ and it works out really well…I'm afraid of feeling everything that I know I would feel…and then have to give you up.’

‘Liz Parker...will you be my girlfriend?’

Max, I can't think of anything else I would rather be, than to be known as your girlfriend.’

‘Liz, there are a few more titles I would like you to carry because of me...but let's just start with "girlfriend", okay?’

‘Okay’

“Psst” I can’t believe this. Not even in my dreams can I be with Max. When I open my eyes I see Tess…I jump back and rub the sleep out of my eyes to see that it was actually Ava, crouched down on the isle of charter, “pssting” me. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare ya.”

“What is it?”

“I wanted to thank you…you know, for getting me out of the rat hole.” Ava had a certain sadness to her, that I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her.

“You really don’t like Lonnie and Rath, do you?” I ask the obvious and watch as she cautiously shakes her head ‘yes’.

“You play off like you don’t like em’ either.” Something too obvious after the verbal display back down in the sewers. “Why?”

“Well, um…my ‘vision’ showed me that they were going to kill Max because he said no to the summit too.” Kill Max? That seemed like a popular agenda in the alien world…and soon the alien one if he doesn’t come back.

“You in love?” I can’t help but blush at her question and nod my head yes.

“Are you in love with Zan?” A question I had to ask. I had to know why Tess was so persistent in chasing Max around like a little puppy…no not a puppy…like an annoying fly that wouldn’t go away. Was it love Tess felt for Max? Obsession? Some how I couldn’t help feeling like Amy Miller in “Swimfan”. How Madison Bell wouldn’t take no for an answer and continued to pursue Ben Cronin and even tried to kill Amy...Tess would’ve been great for the Madison role. Tramp.

“Zan is stubborn...” I hear Ava, snapping me back to reality. I hope she hasn’t been talking long. strong. Just act like you were listening the whole time. “He puts up this wall, and you just can't get through. He always tries to do everything right, to be perfect.

“But do you love him?” I repeat seeing she’s dodging the question.

“Yeah...”

Damn it.

“I'm not sure he ever really loved me back, though.”

Hello.

“I always felt like he was waiting for someone else to walk into his life.”

Those words gave me an odd sense of comfort. Not even in the twin world did Max want to be with Tess...so why would he be destined to be with her? What so special about Tess? Is it her power? The mind warp? If it is, I’ll crawl to the Antarian gods and trade in my premonitions for he mind warp ability so I could just get Tess out of our lives.

Roswell Private Air Strip

March 9th, 2001 - 10:02 A.M.

When we get to the private air strip, I notice it’s just as dead as it was when we left yesterday. I spot the Jetta and jog to it with everyone following behind. I hop in the drivers seat and Mr. Evans sits in the passenger seat, while Zan and Ava hop in the back. Once I see everyones in, I wave my hand, start the engine and take off, leaving a trail of dust behind us.

Maria’s Jetta

“What do I gotta do when we get there?” Zan asked from behind Mr. Evans.

“Try and open the pod chamber.” I answer as a glance at him from my rear view mirror.

“What do you want me to do?” Ava asked, poking her face between the front passenger seat and driver’s seat.

“Pray...pray that he can open it.”

Galitas Silver Mine

“Liz!” Maria screams as she sees me and runs to hug me, with Alex and Kyle right behind me. From the little gap the three of them leave me for air, I can see Mrs.Evans run to Mr. Evans and starts to cry...where’s Max? I miss him.

“Whoa.” Kyle exclaims when he sees Zan and Ava. “Max? Tess?”

“Uh, guys. This is Zan and Ava...kind of like Max and Tess’s long lost twins.” I try to explain as simple as I could.

“So, he’s going to open the pod chamber?” Maria questioned.

“Yeah, so grab your stuff and lets go.” I command. Almost as if I blew a whistle, everyone scattered to get their belongings and then followed me up the stairs and behind the mine where we hid our cars. I hopped in the Jetta with Maria, Zan and Ava, Kyle and Alex climb in Valenti’s black pick-up truck, while Valenti took the Evans, Ms. DeLuca and Mr. Whitman in his Sheriff Trooper and they all take my lead to the pod chambers.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 5

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 5

Horse Shoe Road

“Do you really think this is going to work?” Maria asks as she buckles her seat belt.

“I hope it does.” I twiddle my fingers on the steering wheel and look at all of my mirrors nervously. When I look at the side mirror on the passenger side, I notice Maria’s gawking at Zan and when Zan scooted up between our seats, I had the impression he noticed as well.

“You gonna eyeball me the whole way?” Zan asked coyly making Maria press up against her door as she looked at him.

“Sorry, it’s just…you look so much like Max…and she looks like…I just trying to picture what you’re Michael looks like.”

“Michael? Oh, you mean Rath. Yeah, we’re all deuces.” Zan answered as he leaned back.

“What does that…oh, my God Liz look out!” Maria screamed pointing to my window. By the time I looked, it was too late, what appeared to be the grill of a Hummer slammed into my side of the car, making all our bodies jerk to the right simultaneously, making us spin to face the direction we were coming in.

“Get down.” I yell when I see the pick-up Kyle was driving spinning towards us after it was clipped in the back by a red Hummer.

Pick-Up Truck

“We’re gonna hit them!” Alex yells. Kyle yanks the wheel making the car turn over on Kyle’s side, forcing Alex to fall on top of Kyle as the truck continued to slide until it slammed into the front end of the Jetta.

Sheriff Trooper

“Jim!” Amy DeLuca screamed, reaching over and grabbing on to Valenti’s arm when they saw the two car pile up. He glanced at his rear view mirror and saw the grill and head lights of Hummer approaching them at a quick speed.

“Their gonna ram us.” Valenti yells, trying to turn out of the way, but the Hummer came in full force and slammed into the back of the trooper, instinctively Valenti slammed on the brakes and cause the car to flip over and tumble towards the Jetta and pick-up. The trooper struck the pick-up and rolled over the Jetta adding more force to the tumble until it stopped flat on the hood of the trooper twenty feet away from the other cars.

Jetta

‘BBBBBEEEEEEEPPPPPP’ My face was pressed up against the center of the steering wheel, pressing on the horn with my cheek with my hands still gripping to it. It wasn’t the smell of gasoline or the echoing sound of the horn that made me regain consciousness…it was the feeling of my hand burning that made all my nerves spike all at one time. “Aahhhhhhh.” I could hear myself screaming from the top of my lungs as I see my hand burning, not by fire, but by the pick-ups tire that had smashed it’s way inside the Jetta’s windshield and was spinning a top speed…Kyle must have his foot on the gas. I could feel hot tears streaming down my face as the rubber inflicted the feeling of a million Indian burns at one time.

“Liz.” I her a mutter.

“Max?” I call out, but then I see it’s Zan. He leans over uses his powers to break the axle to stop the tire from spinning. I quickly pull my bloody hand from between the wheel and tire, and then look over to Maria. “Maria.” I call out as I pull her shoulder back and see that a huge chunk of glass had stabbed it’s way into her other shoulder. “Oh, my God, Maria! No…don’t do this to me! Zan help me.” I plead to him. I look back and see him open the car door and fall to the ground. He must be hurt too. I try opening mine but I can’t. The door was pinched from the Hummer’s grill, I quickly use my powers and blast the door open. When I look back I see Zan pulling Ava out and then pulling Maria out after. “Heal her, please.” I beg. I see Zan struggle with whether he should or not, and then finally pulls the glass from Maria’s shoulder and then begins to heal her. I hobble to check inside the pick-up and see Kyle and Alex squished together. I use my powers to cut through the metal and start pulling on Alex. Kyle wakes up frantically, and then realizes that the accident happened for real. “Kyle, help me.” I say with force as I pull on Alex with my unhurt hand. Kyle pushes Alex out of the opening I made, and then pulls himself out.

“Uh, where’s my dad?” Kyle asked looking around as he rubbed his neck, suffering from sever whip lash. “Oh, my God. Dad.” Kyle calls out. I look in the direction he was looking and see the trooper car turned over with a small fire building up in the center of it. I start to limp my way to follow Kyle, “Kyle wait for me.” I call out but as soon as we get to half the distance of the car, a spark flashed near the fire and the car exploded, causing the blast to knock me and Kyle off our feet.Him on top of me, I feel something piercing through my stomach, I look up at Kyle, who’s eyes are opened wide.

“Liz.” He mutters softly...so soft it scares me. Zan and Ava huddle over us, the two of them pull Kyle off of me, and again I feel the piercing sting on my stomach. When I look at Kyle, I notice a piece of thin metal stabbing through his stomach and the tip covered in blood. Oh, God, is that my blood or his? I focus on the metal a bit more and realize it’s a broken half of a snake handling hook. I remember dad called Valenti when a rattle snake slithered its way in our house…Valenti used it to grab the snake and place him inside a pillow case. I watch as Ava holds Kyle and Zan pulls it out of him and then heals him. I get up slowly and see I’m bleeding from my stomach, but the pain in my stomach is nothing compared to the pain in my hand.

“Mom!” I hear Maria crying. When I look over, Maria is down on her knees crying with Alex hugging her as he spilled tears as well. Maria starts to cry louder and louder until there’s a long pause and the her voice is heard again. I hobble my way to her, but as I do the two red Hummers the caused this tragic incident pull over and then the doors fly open.

“Max? What is it?” Isabel asked when she saw her brother sit up in a panic.

“It’s Liz.”
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 6

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 6

In the Desert

Out of the two Hummers, four guys get out and move in front of their cars. “Is that her?” A man with gray hair asked the tall, nearly bald one.

“She’s the one.” The bald man answered. I know this people. How do I know them? And how do they know me?

“She’s the one.” An old woman added. Where are these people from? How do I…Copper Summit! These are skins from Copper Summit. T.Greer, the Crawford's, the fourth I don’t recognize. If the Crawford's are here, does that mean that Nicholas is too?

“What do you want?” Zan asked stepping beside me.

“It’s the second.” I here the fourth whisper in amazement. They must know about Zan.

“Give us the girl and we give you what you want.” Mr. Greer proposed.

“And what’s that?” Zan asked humoring them.

“A way back home.” Mr. Crawford answered.

“What makes you think I ain’t home?” Zan asked aggravated.

“Well, isn’t that why you sent your sister? For a trade? How do you think we found you?” Mr. Greer answered and then tapped on the hood of the car. The back doors open and Lonnie and Rath hop out. I feel the air escaping my lungs. We should’ve made sure they weren’t following us…Mr. Whitman, Ms. DeLuca, Valenti, the Evans, their all dead because of my carelessness.

“They kill you and come back to Roswell to look for the real King.” Vilandra imitated me, she must have heard me talking to Zan back at the sewers. “Only one Bitch named Liz Parker in Roswell.”

“Is that her?” Greer asks Lonnie to confirm my identity.

“Yeah, that’s the Bitch.” Lonnie announce with her hand on her hip.

“Only see one, Lonnie.” Zan snapped back. Did he just defend me?

“Did my lil’ bro just call me a Bitch?” Lonnie asked Rath surprised, but had a cocky attitude to go with it.

“Nah, Lonnie. I wasn’t talkin’ to you. I’m talkin’ bout the lil’ Bitch next to you. Didn’t know you took orders from my sis, Rath.”

“Didn’t know you took orders from a human, Zan.” Rath snapped back.

“Things change, especially when blood betrays you.” Zan answered clenching his jaw tight. “For a frickin’ ride to a place you don’t even know?”

“We would’ve known it, if you stopped actin’ like you were the real King.” Lonnie answered. I noticed how Zan winced at her comment. It must hurt him to know that he’s back up to Max.

“I already told you. They don’t want number two. They want the Royal Four and we ain’t it.” Zan informed them as he pointed back and forth, from him to Lonnie and Rath, with his index finger.

“They already got her man and they’ll still take us, just give us the chic and we’re outta here.” Rath ordered.

“What do you need her for? You got your ride back, right? So break.” Zan yelled.

“With the chic, we can get the real Duke to step down…” Max? Step down? Did Max take back the throne? Has he been playing King this whole time and left me here with this mess of a life? No…Max wouldn’t do something like that…would he?

“For you?” Zan laughed sarcastically. “Dude, it’s a set up.” Set up. Yes. It has to be a trick or something. Max is imprisoned somewhere in a dungeon, fighting to escape so he can come back to me.

“Nah, Lonnie said it’s legit. Right Lonnie?” He asked skeptically.

“Right baby.” Lonnie said with this untrustworthy look in her eyes. Oh, oh. I smell double cross.

“Vilandra, why all the beating around the bush. Just tell him the truth, it saves us more time.” Greer advised.

“Whatchu talk’ bout?” Rath asked confused.

“She made a deal with Nicholas. Khivar gets Isabel and he stays with Vilandra in exchange for the girl…you’re just a liability. Back up for the back up.”

“Told you, man. You were never goin’ anywhere. She was probably gonna pop you.” Zan instigated.

“Lonnie?” Rath called out for confirmation.

“I told you…I’ll do anything to go back. Sorry, lover. You’re just the price I had to pay…and I’ll pay it gladly.” Lonnie declared with a sly smirk. I watch Rath’s forehead crinkle and then the expected happened. He stabbed his hand out and blasted Lonnie on the side making her fall on Greer. I tried lifting my hand but I couldn’t move. I see everything start to swirl and then everything went dark.

‘Are you sure this is going to work?.’

‘That’s what I saw in my vision when I touched it.’

‘But Liz, we don’t know if it’s safe…or why we have it or if we should use it.’

‘Max, it was in my vision. I saw what I have to do…Max, I have to do this.’

‘I know.’

The Hummer

“Max?” I whimper, slowly open my eyes and could have sworn I saw Max, but it turned out to be Zan. My head was resting on his lap and the rest of my body was on top of Maria and Ava. I look to the side and see Kyle driving which makes me only assume the Alex is in the passenger side.

“Grab the bags, we’re here.” Kyle announced. Here? Where? The Pod Chambers? I feel everyone’s hands hold on to me to prevent me from falling over when Kyle applied the brakes. I felt my feet fall to the seat as Ava climbed out and appeared moments after, holding Zan’s door open. I felt his hands tuck underneath me and then felt him lift me as he hopped down. He carried me up to the pod chambers opening, following Maria’s instructions, and then I ended up in Kyle arms. Thanks to Zan, he was okay…Maria too. I watched how Zan waved his hand over the rocky surface and then magically a silver hand print appeared. I watched how Zan’s Adam’s Apple bobbed up and down when he swallowed his nervousness and then place his hand over it, causing a section to shift back and slide over. Then unexpectedly, the most horrific smell hit all of our noses. Zan hopped in, a hop that reminded me of how Max would hop over my balcony, and then Kyle handed me to Zan. He walks in slowly and I hear the others coming in, and then Maria screamed. We all looked to the corner, where the remains of a body was stinking up the place with it’s burned flesh. The sight and smell was too revolting for me to handle. The room started to spin again and I was staring into the dark again.

' Who is it?'

'Can’t tell…but you know what this means.'

'Someone in our Alien Club has been having fun.'

'Yeah and I’ll give you two guesses who it might be.'

I could hear Kyle and Alex talking. I opened my eyes slowly and the first person I see is Zan…brushing my hair back. “You’re okay now.” He says softly. I get up and the covering flap of the sleeping bag I was tucked underneath folded back and revealed I was just in my bra.

“Oh, God.” I say embarrassed and quickly bring the flap back to cover me. Good...still have my jeans on. “Um…why don’t I have a shirt?”

“Uh, yeah. You’re shirt was tore up and blood, I got Ava fixin’ it for you.” He just looked at me like it was something he’s seen before and I can’t help but wonder curiously at his coolness. “I didn’t take your shirt off, if that’s what you’re thinkin’. Maria did.”

“Oh.” I could die right here from embarrassment.

“I can give you mine until Ava’s done.” I watch as Zan lifts his shirt and I counldn’t help but panic.

“No. No. No. No.” I say quickly and he stops removing his shirt. “No thank you. I’ll wait.” Yes, please don’t take off your shirt, because from what I just saw facial features wasn’t the only thing that was identical to Max. Just looking at his hard abs made me think of Max. I swear, Zan is the bloody Devil here to tempt me. The “Liz Parker” line, touching my hair, and now the offering me his shirt from his back…it’s too much.

“Sorry it took a minute for me to heal you.” Zan apologized. I didn’t even notice. So much was going on.

“Um, it’s okay. I understand, when Max healed me he got pretty drain….um, how do you feel? I’m mean healing four people is like…I really don’t know what to compare it too.” I say with a little laugh. I’m an idiot. Where’s Ava with my shirt? I packed everything for an emergency. Medical supplies, flashlights, batteries, food, the works…everything but clothes…and I wasn’t about to wear an air brushed shirt with alien symbols and the name “Zan” on it…it’ll be like wearing a deer outfit during hunting season. “Uh, do you think she’s done with my shirt?” How long could it take? I mean with a wave of the hand by Isabel and it would had turned into a designer shirt.

“Ava.” Zan calls out to Ava. Ava comes all mousy, frightened almost by Zan, and folds her hands behind her back. I swear I was expecting her to say something like “Yes Master”. Definitely an Igor moment. “You done wit’ her shirt yet?”

“Uh…Kyle sort of used it.” Ava answered nervously taking a step back.

“Used it? For what?” I asked puzzled.

“To move the body.”

“With my shirt? Kyle!” I yell and see his head pop out behind Ava.

“Yeah?”

“Please tell me you didn’t use my shirt to move a body.” I saw as a pinch the bridge of my nose.

“Liz, you didn’t expect me to pick it up with my hands did you? Besides, it was all blood and everything. Didn’t think you’d want it back. What? I’m sorry.” Kyle shrugged and then walked away with Ava. I couldn’t help but shake my head and then look up at Zan who had a smirk on his face and his shirt off. Damn. I have to go to that gym. Maybe Max and Zan have “Awesome Body” encoded in their jeans.

“So, I guess it’s a yeah with the shirt.”

“I guess so.” I say and take the shirt from him. He turns around and I slip his shirt on…sorry Max…well, maybe if you were here, I’d be wearing your shirt. “What happened to Lonnie and Rath?” I completely forgot about them. The last thing I remember was Rath using his powers on Lonnie then hitting the dirt.

“We took care of Lonnie...Rath and the three old bags got away.” My eyes widen at the news. Should I be worried? Uh, yes. They’ll be looking for me again. Wait…he got rid of Lonnie…Rath, Greer and the Crawford's got away…what happened two the fourth guy.

“What about the younger skin? What happened to him?”

“Oh, I wanted to surprise you.” Zan said moving out of the way and then
pointed to the bound and gagged skin.

“Get ready. We’re going back.”

“But Max…”

“Now!”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 7

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Icequeen wrote:So that's the end for Lonnie and Rath?
That's the end for Lonnie. Rath escaped with the Crawford's and Greer.

Coley452, OmegRam1, and Lizard_Queen your feed backs are too funny.

Chapter 7

Pod Chamber

“Talk” Zan ordered as he ripped off the Skins gag. I stand beside him while the others sit in the back quietly.

“Kill me cause you’re not getting anything from me.” The Skin yells. Great a martyr for his cause. What he needs is a little scary. Something that will make him tell us what we want to know. But how do we hurt a Skin? Maybe if we starve his husk? No, then he really won’t tell us anything. God, if he were human, all we’d have to do is pull a Mr. Blond from “Reservoir Dogs” and he’d be spilling his guts. Human? He is in a human body…maybe he’ll feel pain? Now how to cause it. I got it.

“Owww.” The Skin yells, but not hurt enough. Zan looks at me perplexed and then pulls me to the side.

“Uh, what are you doin’?”

“Torturing him to get some answers. He feels pain so that means we can hurt him.” I say proudly after seeing me theory worked.

“So, stompin’ on his foot would make him talk?” Zan asks with a little smile. A condemning smile. Please stop smiling at me. I can’t take it. Stop looking at his lips…but Max’s lips were so soft and sweet…uh, focus.

“I had to see if it felt first.” I say with a shrug.

“Now we know he does. So, let me handle it, okay?” He asks me holding on to my shoulders. I can’t help but nod. He flicks my chin with his knuckle and then walks back to the Skin. “Look, we ain’t got time for your crap, we ain’t got a tube in her so where gonna need to do somethin’ for entertainment…Liz take off his shoes.” Zan orders me. I look at him confused, he just gives me a nod, and I kneel down and take off his shoes. When I get back up Zan comes with the straps to one of the bags I packed and began tieing the Skins feet together and then holds them steady. I see him trying to look behind me so I move out of the way, then I notice he’s looking at everyone’s shoes and then a smile comes across his face when he lays his eyes on Maria’s three inch boots, that were really mine but I let her borrow them. “Hey, Maria. Come here a sec.” He calls out, Maria points to herself before she finally comes over. “Alright, Skin. You don’t tell me what I want to know, I’m gonna have Blondie over here smash your toes with her boots. A toe for each question you don’t answer. Miss ten we move to your hands. Miss more…I’m sure we can find other body parts to damage.” Wow, when it came to threats he was a pro. I see how the guy puts on a bold look. Such a guy. Act like your tough until you feel the pain and then spill your guts. He must be testing Zan to see if he’s bluffing…too bad he isn’t. “What are you guys doing here?” Zan asked.

“To get the girl.”

“No, shit. Why else?” Zan says holding the Skins feet down. The Skins clenches his mouth shut and Zan looks over to Maria. Maria looks hesitant, but then moves forward and starts stomping on the skins big toe and getting the secong “little piggy” in the process.

“Ahh! Ahhh! You said one. You said one!” The Skin screamed.

“Oops.” Zan says sarcastically and then repeats his question harder. “Why else?”

“The Harvest.” The Skin puffs out.

“What are you talking about? The Copper Summit Harvest is over.” I announce. I remember Future Liz’s vision, they had destroyed the Harvest in Copper Summit.

“Copper Summit?” The Skins starts to laugh wickedly. He has an evil laugh? That’s so overrated. “The Harvest in Copper Summit isn’t over. You kids are way over your heads. This goes all the way to Tombstone.”

“Tombstone?” I repeat.

“The have spores maturing more quicker now with the new equipment the others brought.” He added.

“The others? So the UFO sightings…that was you guys?”

“Yes.”

“But the radio said there were sightings in different continents.” Maria reminded us. She was right. We’re there Harvest’s going on all over the world?

“They’re fake. Holographic images. We use them so no one pin points our actual location.”

“So what about the crashes in 1947?” I had to ask. Why see that landing and not the others?

“That was like 50 years ago. Technology has evolved since then.”

“Technology that’s speeding up the growing process of the husks?”

“Smart little girl. No wonder Zan has eyes for you.” I watch how Zan shifts uncomfortably by the Skins comment, but I’m pretty sure he meant Max…they all know him as Zan.

“What about Nicholas? Is he here?” I ask.

“No. He went back to Antar when he heard the King had returned.His duty is to protect Khivar.” The King returned. So it’s true. Max regained his throne and left me here with a breaking heart.

The Crashdown

“What the hell happened here?” Michael questioned as they looked around. The place had been completely ran sacked. Everything trashed. Max didn’t need to look any further and bolted up the wooden stairs and into Liz’s house.

Liz’s Place

“Where do you think they could be?” Isabel asked Max. Max looked around Liz’s room and imagined the worst. But he sensed her so she had to be okay.

Pod Chamber

“Why not Utah or Wyoming? Why’d you guys pick Roswell?” Maria asked. A good question.

“We didn’t pick it. Serena chose this place. Our mission was to bring them back, but we didn’t know exactly where they’d be. All we new it was in New Mexico. We weren’t allowed to return until we brought them so we needed the Harvest to survive.”

“Serena? Who exactly is she?” She helped us back at my house and Khivar said she was trying to help me and Max…working against Tess.

“She was the real Royal Four’s keeper. Actually, just Zan and Vilandra’s. Rath met her later…before he became Zan’s second-in-command and Ava met her last, when she was brought to Zan by an arranged marriage.” Arranged marriage? No wonder Max never felt anything towards her…none of the Zan’s did. So what’s with all the destiny crap? That’s not important now, what’s important is destroying the Harvest’s from Copper Summit and Tombstone. “So we have to stop the Harvest.”

“What?” Maria exclaimed.

“Look Maria, I don’t want you Kyle and Alex to get in this, but I have to. If we don’t stop the summit, Skins are going to be crawling all over the place…we can’t hide in here forever. I have to do something.”

“What’s the plan?” Zan asked.

“I know my way around Copper Summit, but I have no idea about Tombstone.” Thanks to Future Liz’s memories, I have Copper Summit pretty figured out, but Tombstone is a different story.

“So what do you want to do?” Zan asked standing up from the floor and then took a step forward.

“We have to go back into town. At the UFO Center they have a map of Tombstone…then after that we can go to both places and try to stop the husks from growing.” I say heading towards the door and hear a whole brigade of footsteps behind me. I stop and then turn around and see everyone following me. “Maria. Alex. Kyle. You guys can’t go.”

“What? What happened to being a team?” Maria asked.

“Maria’s right, Liz. You can’t expect us to let you go out there alone.” Alex added.

“Look, I already lost more people than I wanted…I won’t lose you guys too. And besides, it’s safer this way. We don’t know what can happen and I can’t be sure if I can protect you…so you’re staying…please.” I watch as the three of them struggle with the idea and then finally nod after much consideration.

“So let’s go.” Zan announced and me and Ava followed.

UFO Center

"Here it is." I announce as I hold up a brochure to Tombstone with a color coded map of all the site in it. We start heading up the stairs and then it dawns on me that were by my house so I might as well change into something a little less bloody. "Hey, do you guys mind coming with me across the street, real quick?" Zan and Ava shake their heads no and we exit the UFO Center and head for The Crashdown.

So how do you guys like the fic so far?
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 8

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 8

Song: How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes

The Crashdown

March 9th, 2001 – 12:12 NOON

When we get to The Crashdown, we find it completely trashed. Tables over turned, sugar jars busted, napkins and menus everywhere. I look around sadly and see my parents work completely vandalized. Zan squeeze’s my shoulder, letting me know silently that it’s going to be alright...I only hope so. We go to the back, head up the wooden steps, and enter my house to find it too has been trashed. T.V.’s still there...not a robbery. Ava sits on the couch and looks around nervously, almost as if she were frightened to be sitting on a clean couch, rather then a ruined thrift store couch like I saw they had in the sewers. Poor girl.I go to my room and hear Zan following closely behind. “Um, I’m gonna change.” I say pointing to the bathroom in my room. I had left him wearing a zip-up, sleeveless hoody that flashed his toned body every time he moved. I desperately got to give him his shirt back.

“Okay.” He says softly before he sits on my bed and continues to scan the room curiously. He finds a picture of Max and me in all the clutter, picks it up and begins examining it. Ava comes in cautiously and then sits beside Zan, look at the photo as well. I look through my dresser drawers and pull out a petite wife beater and then enter the bathroom.

Bathroom

I strip out of Zan’s shirt and then open the door a crack and stick out his shirt. I feel him take it from me and then I re close the door and slip on my wife beater and retouch my make up. “We gotta hurry.” I hear Zan yell from the opposite side of the door.

“Okay. Let’s g....o.” I walk up and Zan has his shield up and Ava hiding behind him. “What’s going on?” Is it a Skin? Greer and the Crawford’s? Rath?

“Who are you?” I hear from the doorway. That sounded like Max...or was it Zan that just ask that? I hold out my hand and then squeeze Zan’s forearm to signal him to lower his shield. He nods and then lowers his hand. My heart drops to my stomach at the sight.

“Max?” I call out in a shaky unsure voice.

“Liz.” It is Max. I felt this adrenaline rush down my body to my feet and then Michael, Isabel and Tess appeared behind Max...Tess, suddenly the adrenaline rush to my clenched fists and I make something in the corner pop. I make a motion that I was about to run to him but then step back and plant me feet on the ground.

“Who the hell are they?” Michael asked pointing to Zan and Ava with his chin. It occurs to me that Max never told us about Zan and the others...and it’s strange how he looks at Zan like he’s never seen him before.

“They’re with me...where...where have you guys been?” I ask biting my lower lip to keep it from trembling in anger. “I mean, is it true you took back the throne...” Max looked at me blankly. Emotionless. Maybe it wasn’t Max. Maybe it was a shape shifter assuming his identity.

“It’s not like that.” Max answers boldly, taking a step forward. I look away and feel a tear fall.I flutter my eyes to prevent myself from crying, swallow my anger and then look back at Max.

“So how is it then?” Let him explain himself...there has to be some logical explanation.They all look terrible, Michael always looked mysterious, but Isabel lost her supermodel glow, and Max...his eyes were so dark.

“It’s complicated.” Max replied, but his cold stare remained.

“Complicated? No Max. It isn’t. Tell me you’ve just been away for a day in alien time or that you were captured and held prisoner for a year. I have a million of theories of what could explain you being away so long...pick one. Any one. But don’t stand there and tell me you don’t have an excuse for leaving me alone for a year!” I didn’t notice me voice getting higher and rougher as I demanded an explanation, but when I took a breath I could feel my vocals straining.

“Selfish.” My head snaps up when I hear Tess mumble something under her breath.

“Excuse me?”

“I said you’re selfish.” Tess repeated. I look at her with disbelief. I’m selfish! Why is she even here? The main reason why they had to leave is because she pushed Isabel into the portal. So why is she standing beside one of them like she’s part of the team? “You have no idea what we’ve been through.” I cross my arms, tapped my foot and signal for her to enlighten me on their adventure.”We just found Isabel a month ago...” A month? A month ago? The other eleven months are justifiable but what the hell were they doing in Antar for a month? Sight seeing? “We’ve been through hell...”

“Yeah, thanks to you.” I snap back. Tess is taken back by the verbal blow.

“Liz...” Michael calls me as he takes a step forward. I back away and hold out my hand for him to stop.

“Don’t.” I command, feeling Zan shift his weight beside me. “What? So now you guys trust her?”

“A lot of bad things happened in Antar...it changes things.” Max answered me with dark voice.

“Are you okay?” I asked hearing my voice cracking from rage, sadness, joy and pain all rolled up into to one as I fight back the tears.

“I haven’t been okay for a long time.” Max answers with a stone-hard face. His five o’clock shadow was five hours ahead of schedule and his hair was uncut.

“Good.” I answer bitterly and then walk over to my dresser to get a hair tie.

“Liz.” Max says in a warning tone. I finish putting my hair up in a wild ponytail and then stand in front of Max.

“What Max?” I snap at him angry.

“Why are you so angry?” Max asked, but for some unnerving reason his expression wouldn't change.

"Why aren't you? Show me it hurts that I’m mad at you or show me you’re happy to see me standing in front of you. Anything just don’t stand there like a British guard. Anything Max. I mean a month Max, really. You had a month to come back. A month to send Michael or Isabel...or your precious wife back to at least tell us that you were alive...but you didn’t.” I hold my angry stare with Max and then shake my head. “Look I don’t have time to stand here and catch up on my “Ex” boyfriends vacation...let’s go.” I say pushing past Max and feel his rough hand grab onto my arm and Zan taking an defensive step forward. “Let...go of me.” I demand. God, to feel the real Max touch me. Shivers ran through my spine giving me goosebumps, just like his touch always did.

“Where are you going?” Max asked sternly.

“Are you kidding? Take a look around Max. Things are not the same.” I yell.

“Don’t you think you’re being a little stubborn?” Isabel asked.

“Stubborn?” I repeat in shock. So far I’ve been called stubborn and selfish, well, that just further pisses me off. I flash both my hands open and send the four of them flying back. “How I act has kept us alive so far.” I warn as I step closer to them unable to hold back the tears that escaped with my statement. The four of them look at me confused. Probably surprised that my powers have gotten more stronger and more effective since the last time they’ve seen me using them.

“What the hell did you do that for?” Michael exclaimed as they got back on their feet.

“While you guys were enjoying your month back at Antar...Skins took over down here. Valenti...Maria’s mom...Alex’s dad...YOU’RE parents...all died...killed.” I announce. Isabel eyes widen at the news. I watch Max carefully and see him blink, letting the news sink in, and then clenched his jaw.

“You’re lying.” Isabel cried.

“Why would I be? You’re parents have been like my own since you guys left...they’ve been with me and everyone else helping us survive this alien chaos.”

“They knew about us?” Max asked.

“How could I lie to them? Without you’re father...I would have never reached Zan...and without Zan...Kyle, Maria, and me would all be dead.” I inform them and then give Zan a thankful look and watch how his chin goes up with pride. “Selfish? Stubborn? I think you guys have me confused with yourselves.” I state boldly. “Real happy you found Isabel.” I say sarcastically as I pat Max on the shoulder and then walk away with Zan and Ava following behind me.

Out Front the Crashdown

When we get outside, I spot some Skins approaching us. I walk to the middle of the street and use my powers to send one flying into the trees.Without realizing, a car comes speeding towards me, all I felt was Max cover me with his body and conjure up his shield, that stopped the car from going further by smashing it like and accordion. I take in Max’s manly smell and start remembering about all the moments we had together.

“Are you okay?” He asks me softly in a voice that made my legs tremble as he touched my hair.

“I’m fine.” I answer trying to regain my stern voice back and slip out of his hands.

“We’re running out of time.” Zan warned me.

“Maybe they could help.”Ava suggested.

“I don’t need their help.” I answer coldly. Zan pulls my arm softly as he pulls me to the side.

“Wit’ em’ we could destroy the Harvest’s faster.” Damn. He has a point. I rather put my life in danger than have them help me...but the others depend on me and that’s reason enough to put my pride aside. I just give him a nod and then he turns to face Max, who was trying to eavesdrop. “We’re goin’ to stop the Harvest’s. You come wit’ us, it’s over quicker.” Zan waits to hear if any of them disagree and then continues. “We gotta get a different ride, so Ava want to scope out the street to find something big enough for all of us. Liz you got the map right?” I nod my head and hand it to him. “We take on Tombstone first, that way it’s just in and out when we get to Copper Summit.”

“You’re not the leader. Max is King.” Tess declares.

“Not to us.” Zan answered. I see how Max face presents a look like he has just been challenged, thinking he meant all of us, when I think he meant just him and Ava. But I’m not even about to clarify anything. Then we hear a loud whistle at the end of the street and see Ava waving to us. When we get to her, she stands proudly display an SUV like a helper at a game show.

“I’ll drive.” Max announces, and then opens the passenger door for me. I open the back door and sit in the back with Zan and Ava. Max leaves the door open and then climbs in the drivers side, while Michael takes the passenger seat and Isabel and Tess sit in front of us. Zan hands the map to Tess to hand to Max, and I’m secretly wishing that either of them suffer from a paper cut. Max starts the engine and the radio turns on.

How do I,
Get through the night without you?
If I had to live without you,
What kind of life would that be?
Oh, I
I need you in my arms, need you to hold,
You're my world, my heart, my soul,
If you ever leave,
baby you would take away everything good in my life,
and tell me now
How do I live without you?
I want to know,
How do I breathe without you?
If you ever go,
How do I ever, ever survive?
How do I

I quickly send a charge to the radio and fry it. I notice Max looking at me from the rear view mirror "I hate that song." I announce, roll my eyes and then look out the window with my arms crossed. I love that song.

It’s going to be a long five hour drive Arizona.

Tombstone, Arizona
4: 48 P.M.

"We're here." Max announces. With his driving, no wonder why were here so fast.

"We should wait until nightfall to go into Tombstone." I advise. "We can get a room over there." I suggest pointing to a hotel room across from the "Tombstone Tourist Attractions". "It'll be less suspiscious." Max nods and then pulls into the Tombstone Motel.

Tombstone Motel

"Do you guys have money?" Max asked.

"What? They don't take your Antarian credit card?" I ask sarcastically amd then dig in my pocket pulling out a grand in hundreds. I took that amount with me just in case we had to bribe the flight staffs when we went to get Zan and Ava. I lean forward and hand the money to Max. Max took advantage of the contact and brushed his thumb on the back of my hand, giving me a few flashes. I pull my hand away and sit back and act as if nothing happen. Max looks at me for a moment and then goes in the front desk with Michael. I follow everyone out the SUV to stretch out. Max and Michael came back and then Max handed Michael a key.

"Come on." Michael commands, so everyone follows except Max, who waits for everyone to walk ahead of him so he can walk behind me. I can feel his eyes burning stare on my back. When we reach the door, I can feel Max breathing on me as Michael opens the door, letting everyone in. Just as I was about to enter Max pulls me back out and Michael closes the door.

"We need to talk. I got us a room." He said sternly and pulled me in the direction of a room that was three doors down.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 9

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 9

Quotes from "End of the World"

Song: "I Will Love You" by Fisher

Tombstone Motel

“You were there? When my…when my parents…” Isabel could barely speak feeling the tears flooding back in her eyes.

“We all were.” Ava answered.

“What…how’d it happen?”

“Skins rammed us. Your friends got hurt really bad. Zan saved them though.” Ava said quietly, like she was telling a secret.

“Maria…is she okay?” Michael asked.

“She cried a lot.”

“Why do you keep staring at her?” Zan asked Tess roughly when he noticed Tess’s constant eye on Ava.

“It’s just we…we look so much alike.” Tess answered mystified.

“I don’t think so…let’s see she has purple hair…I think you’re a blond…what else is different? Oh yeah, she has a heart.” Zan said irritated that Tess would have the nerve to compare herself to Ava. Liz gave him a brief background summary over Tess, only reminding him more and more of Lonnie. Ava couldn’t help but blush.

“You don’t even know me.” Tess quickly defended seeing no one else would.

“Don’t plan to either, so until Liz gets back…I suggest you keep your trap shut and your eyes away from her.” Zan threatened and then pulled Ava into the bathroom, closing the door behind them.

Second Room

“Stop pushing me.” I yell as Max pulls me into the room.

“Stop fighting me then.” Max answered and then closed the door with his powers. The room is dark, aside from the slight red glow of the sun that was tinted from the red curtains.I quickly use my powers to turn the lights on and then pull away from Max. “Your powers are stronger.”

“Must’ve happened when Zan healed me.” I say with a raspy shrug, seeing his fists tighten as I lean on the dresser, staying as far away from the bed as possible.

“How did you know about him?”

“Flashes.” I answer. Keep my answers short and simple.

“You have flashes with him?” Max asked with a curiously saddened tone, that finally matched his expression. He’s beginning to let down his guard, I think. It must hurt him to think that Zan gives me flashes the way he does, but he doesn’t…no one does…no one could. I can’t answer him. I don’t know what to say. He steps up closer to me and I lean back as far as I can. He rubs my bare arm and gives me the same flashes as in the car. Him asking me to be his girlfriend. Our first date. Our heated moment in his room. The flash stops and I couldn't prevent myself from blushing as a coat of goosebumps cover my skin. “I felt that…and I know you did too.”

“Max, stop doing that…just stop.” I say in a breath and then slide out from the closed space between us and move towards the door but find Max’s arm blocking my way. Please, do not let him give me anymore flashes…I can’t take it.

“Liz, your pissed off at me…”

“You think.” I snap back sarcastically.

“Look, it took 11 months to find Isabel, it would have been longer if the people of Antar didn’t helped me find Isabel…”

“You probably would have found her sooner if you weren’t so distracted with Tess.” I say bitterly. “What she do? A little magic? Flaunt her alien ass in front of you? Sleep with you? Have hot alien sex with you?” I yell as I push him away after hitting his chest a couple of times. Max covers my mouth with his hand and pushes me up against the wall. I attempt to struggle but feel his body post me to prevent me from resisting.

“Is that what you did with Zan? What he do? Give you flashes? Touch you…like I do?” Max yells back as he presses his body closer to me, so close that I could feel the bulge in his jeans press up against my leg, as he caressed my stomach with his free hand. “Kiss you? Tell me!” He yelled as he removed his hand. I take deep breaths, feeling the growing chemical heat between us, with my chest puffing in and out, feeling my breast touch his chest when I would inhale. I series of flashes rushed through my head again. Same ones.

“Stop doing that.” I moan unwillingly.

“Tell me…please.” Max whispered as he caressed my face with the tip of his nose. “Did you get chills when he touched you? Make you bite your lower lip to keep you from moaning…like you do with me?”

“Max, please…” He knew all my reactions to his touches. All my little uncontrollable signature moves. The heat from his breath made my heat increase. He attempted to kiss me but lifted my head, making him trail his lips along my neck.

“Did you call out ‘his’ name?” Flashes fluttered my head again of me moaning Max’s name when we were fooling around. “Did he touch your soft hair?” He asked running his fingers through my hair, and then cupped my cheek and brushed it with his thumb. “Does he love you like I do?” And that was it. The question that snapped me back to reality.

“Max. Stop.” I say firmly. Surprisingly, Max stops caressing me but doesn’t move his body an inch away from me. I look into his dark eyes. “Zan may look like you…but he isn’t you. You're the love of my life...and always will be. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There'll never be another you...” I confess, biting my lower lip and then looked down. “…there’ll never be another you…but I wished their was…you broke my heart Max Evans…”

“Liz…I…I stayed in Antar for a month because…”

“Max…I can’t care anymore…it’ll just hurt me more…so please let me go…” I plead. Max looks at me blankly and then backs away from me slowly. “We have to go to Tombstone now.” I said sadly seeing the hurt was mutual between us.

“I don’t want you to go. This is my mess…it’s my responsibility…so stay here and Michael and I will fix this.”

“Max…I’m going…and so are Zan and Ava.” I say as I open the door, but than stop. “Max, just tell me one thing…did you and Tess ever…”

“Liz Parker, I’ve waited my whole life to be with you that way…and only you…and I’ll continue waiting for as long as I have to because I don’t want anyone but you.” I give him a faint smile and start to head out when Max calls out my name. "Liz...wait..." I stop and turn to look at him. "I love you Liz." I bite my lip and attempt to hold back the tears that are eager to come out. I pull out the whirlwind pendant he gave me and let it dangle around my neck. "You've kept it on...after all this time? Why..if you...you" Max asked unable to complete the thought of me hating him.

"Because I love you too." I respond back and lower my head. My answer hits him harder than anything I've told him...I love him...even more than I should. I single tear falls from my eye, he moves to me and wipes it away. I give him a sad smile and then finally walk out, leaving him alone in the room to evoke my confession and his guilty.

’Til my body is dust
’Til my soul is no more
I will love you, love you
’Til the sun starts to cry
And the moon turns to rust
I will love you, love you

But I need to know
Will you stay for all
Time...forever and a day
Then I’ll give my heart
’Til the end of all
Time...forever and a day

And I need to know
Will you stay for all
Time...forever and a day
Then I’ll give my heart
’Til the end of all
Time...forever and a day

’Til the storms fill my eyes
And we touch the last time
I will love you, love you...

First Room

I walk in and don’t see Zan or Ava around. “Did you have fun?” Tess asked me.

I start walking and when I get parallel to her, I open my hand in her direction and send her flying back against the wall, and continue walking as if nothing happened. “Zan? Ava?” I call out, the bathroom door opens and the two of them come out. “It’s time.”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 10

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 10

Outside Tombstone Tourist Location

“How do we know which building it’s in?” Zan asks as we creep between the space of the Wax Museum and the Gift Shop.

“It has to be a place big enough to store the husks…so maybe those two and those two.” I say pointing to the biggest buildings on the location.

"Good job, Sherlocke. Way to crack the case." Tess commented sarcastically.

"Um, have you tasted enough air yet? Or would you like me to supply you with another free trip." I threaten as I conjure up an energy ball in my hand, and display it to her, arching my eyebrow while I waited for her response. She just rolled her eyes and looked to Michael, who was watching amused. "Thought so." I mutter and decrease my charge into nothingness.

“Alright...Isabel and me take the Horse Shoe Station…you two take the Picture Box place” Michael assigns pointing to Zan and Ava. Great, stake out duty with the King and Queen. He just better keep her away from me…or my hand is going to have a field day. “Tess, take the Hay Ride Warehouse and Max and Liz take the Candle Workshop. We meet back here.” Okay an upgrade, but still, my partner sucks…maybe I can ask him more questions about his trip to Antar…NO…I told him I didn’t care to know anymore…so just looking for The Harvest…no questions…no talking…period.

“What? I’m not going by myself?” Tess rebelled.

“Liz is human…she doesn’t have our strengths.” Isabel answered. What strengths? She can’t mean powers because I’ve clearly shown them that I’m not lacking in that department. Maybe I should remind them and use Tess as my guinea pig…tempting.

“She’s strong enough.” Tess snorted in disgust, referring to all my attacks towards her.

“More when it’s against you.” I snap to her...Bitch. Why do I always forget the “bitch”? Note to self…have Maria coach me on insults.

“Liz doesn’t go anywhere here by herself…understand.” Max says in his King voice. Michael and Isabel nod and Tess looks the other way. Always protecting me. Maybe he should try a different role in my life besides protector…boyfriend…friend…it’s too late now…just have to find a way to tell him.

“Max, I’m not going by myself.” Tess finalized. Can you say Drama Queen?

“You know what? If you're gonna be Queen, you gotta start acting like one. So quit your bitchin’ and just do what he says.” I demand in aggravation, ignoring everyone’s shocked expressions by my outburst. She’s practically killing me with her eyes. Too bad. I ignore her looks and head in the direction I was assigned to, hearing Max follow right behind me.

Candle Workshop

“This way.” Max says, taking his leader role. Not that I’m complaining...this is his turf...his people...his enemies...I’m just collateral damage that decided to fight back. I follow him to the side of the building and we stop on a side window. “You go first.” Max said squatting down, weaving his fingers together to boost me up. God, this is so embarrassing. I get it. I’m short. So what if my 5’3” doesn’t match up to his 6’1”...amazing...chiseled physique...come on, focus Liz. I steady myself on his broad shoulders, place my foot in his hands, pushed down and hopped up, grabbing the ledge of window, waved my hand on the latch, lifted the chipped window, and then pulled myself in.

“Ouch!” I muttered as I fell completely on my ass and elbows. I was never good at coming in windows.

“Psst. Liz? Are you okay?” I hear Max ask in a whisper, I look out the window and see him looking up, exactly how he looks when he looks up at me when I’m on my balcony.

“I’m fine.” I whisper back and watch how he takes a step back, sprints for momentum and then jumps up grabbing the ledge...show off. He looses his footing and hangs out the window. “Max!” I whisper worriedly and I grab his arm and shirt and try to pull him up. “Come on, Max.” I say with adrenaline as I tuck my hands underneath his arms, like I was hugging him, and pulled him in little by little, stepping on the loose denim of my un-cuffed jeans and falling on my back with him on top of me. “Uh.” I puff, when the weight of Max’s body knocks the wind out of me.

“You okay?” He asks as he brushes my hair away from my face. 6'1"? Maybe I should add more inches to that...inches that were pressing hard on my thigh.

“Mmm hmm.” I hum. There is no possible way he can be aroused right now. I'm not even doing anything.

“So, do you want to talk or something?” Max asked softly. I can not believe him. He never quits.

“Max, I don’t think this is...”

“I was just wondering since you’re still holding on to me.” Max quickly adds before I could finish my statement. Still holding on to him? I'm such an idiot. I had know idea I still had my arms around him...damn "only natural" habits.

“Oh.” I reply embarrassed as I slowly unwrap my arms from around him. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be...you never had to be before.” Max says with a blank smile and slowly get’s off of me.

Horse Shoe Station

“I don’t think this is a good idea.” Isabel panicked as she walked closely behind Michael. “Max should be with us...we made a promise to never separate...”

“A promise that could be broken with special circumstances...and I think Liz falls into the “special circumstances” category.” Michael said as he looked around.

“You think he’s going to ask Liz to come back with us?” Isabel asked.

“Back? Why would you want to go back?” Michael asked curiously.

“With my parents gone...there’s nothing holding us here...not anymore.”

“What about Alex?”

“Alex...we can never be...Khivar will make sure of it...and I can’t loose him...he’s the only good thing that separates me from this life.” Isabel confesses.

“That’s your choice...but I’m not going anywhere without Maria.” Michael said firmly as the walked in further.

“And if she doesn’t want to go?” Isabel asked. Michael looked at her sadly and then looked away. “Like it or not Michael...we “have” to go back and you know it.”

Hay Ride Warehouse

“If you want to be a Queen, start acting like one...” Tess imitated Liz with irritation. “Bitch. She never gives me a chance...”

Candle Workshop

“So...if the four of you guys are back...where’s Nasedo?” I asked as I follow closely behind him, kicking myself for breaking my “no questions-no talking” rule. Max turns his head to look at me and then continues...for a second I thought he was going to ignore my question but then I heard him take a breath and begin to talk.

“Nasedo’s dead.” Max said without remorse.

“Dead?” I repeat in shock...not that I care...but still. “How?”

“Tess killed him...before he killed us.” Max said sadly.

“So...so that’s why she’s with you guys...she proved her loyalty by killing Nasedo.” What a bunch a bull. That girl would kill anyone in a heartbeat if it meant she was one step closer to get what she wanted...in this case...she wanted Max.

“She did more...do you trust Zan?” He asked stopping completely and to see my reaction to the question.

“He came to Roswell...all the way from New York without having too...so I guess, yeah, I do.” I do. He saved me, Maria and Kyle, how could I not.

“Well, if you trust him...”

“Max, you act as if you never heard of him before...”

“I haven’t.”

“But what about the flashes? From Future me?” I ask confused.

“Serena...before I left here...she did something to me...took away all of the memories your Future self gave me.”

“Lucky you.” I mutter.

“What?”

“It’s hard to think clearly...everyone’s memories...flashes all in my head. I get these killer headaches...” I explain as I rub my forehead. “It’s just too much sometimes...Future me...Future you...mines...yours...”

“Zan’s.” Max added. I knew he wasn’t going to drop that.

“I didn’t really get a flash from him...maybe I did...I don’t know I was unconscious when he healed me. I was in and out of it a lot. I only remember him carrying me into...uh...carrying me and then waking up in my...uh...sleeping bag.” I recall omitting where Maria and the others were and the clothing conditions I woke up in. I look over to Max and see he’s looking at me skeptically. We get to a door, with a flight of stairs doing down. “The basement...everything always turns out to be in the basement.” I say warningly. We go quietly down the flight of stairs, and find rows of glass chambers with Husks, that looked like they were decomposing, floating in the center of the chambers. “Wow.” I say as we walk in further. “Is this how...how you were born?” I ask curiously. Always a scientist.

“No...these chambers are different...empty...ours were pods full of this...this liquid...maybe because....”

“You’re half human?” I finish.

“Yeah.” Max says and moves further down the isles. Suddenly, a blue light shines straight up from the center of the isles, Max and I quickly hide behind one of the chambers and watch as the blue light, turns into a Star Wars-like beam, getting higher and higher. When it reached my eye level, the beam split a began what seemed like a scanning process on the chambers. Max quickly shield me with his body and holds me close as the beam does several sweeps. Max holds my head softly to his chest where I can hear his heart beating at a fast pace, and then I find myself breathing in his intoxicating aroma. Subconsciously, I nuzzled against his chest as he brushed my cheek with his thumb as he looked over to the beam. “It’s going back down.” He whispered to me. I pull away and then stand up. “What the...”

“Oh, my God.” We both exclaim in surprise, when we get back to the center of the isles. The chambers that once held decomposed husk’s had evolved to a human form covered in mucus.

“They’re growing fast.”

“The Skin said that the equipment they brought in from Antar was suppose to speed up the process...it did that alright.” I say amazed.

“What Skin?” Max asked. Damn, almost blew it. Uh, the Skin we’re holding hostage at boot-point in the pod chamber.

“Uh, we have to destroy the husk’s before they reach maturity.” I warn. Max nods and sits in the middle of the isles. “Uh...I meant sometime today.” I say sarcastically.

“Shh. I need to concentrate.”

“What are you doing?” I asked kneeling in front of him.

“Gathering enough energy and destabilizing it...it’ll be like a hand grenade.” Max explained. “You can’t touch me...it’ll make the force grow.” Max warned me.

“I wasn’t going...” I mumble as I pull away completely and move out of the way. I watch Max channel his energy in his hands, causing a green ball of electric energy to grow in his hand into the size of a basketball. Max flickered his fingers, causing a jolt that made a huge pop sound, like a blast of a gun or firecracker, that caused the energy ball to start cracking, letting out beams of light where the cracks dwelled and then released it to float in place. He slipped from under it and ran to me.

“Come on...we have to run.” He commands and pulls me up the stair and out the workshop. When we get outside, everyone started to gather in the center of the western like town and scan everyone to make sure everyone was accounted for.

“What the hell was that?” Zan asked on alert when a huge explosion was heard from the direction Max and I came from.

“We have to go...the husks are growing too fast. We have to go to Copper Summit now.” Max commanded and started the race to the SUV. Michael tosses Max his room key and Max bolts to the office to turn them in and then came back, conveniently finding that the only seat available was beside me. With Zan and Ava up front, Isabel and Tess, in the seat before us and Michael sitting beside me. It’s going to be an interesting ride to Copper Summit.
<center>Image