The Vanished (WA,M/L,Mi/Ma,MATURE) A/N 12/24/05 (WIP)

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

The Vanished (WA,M/L,Mi/Ma,MATURE) A/N 12/24/05 (WIP)

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Image</center>

<center>The Vanished</center>

Rating: Mature[/color] ; Angsty sort of.

Genre: Michael/Maria w/ Max/Liz;of course :wink: ---> Aliens

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Roswell characters.

Summary: Michael takes his sister, Liz, and his best friend, Max, to a carnival hidden in the dark desert of Roswell called Carnival of Souls, where he meets a mysterious woman...could she be the soul he was unknowingly searching for? Read and find out.

Banner: By Crashdown_51

Author's Notes: This is my first ever Candy fic. Please leave feedback and let me know what you think. And of course there are going to be lots of Max and Liz scenes...I am a Dreamer, lol. Just writing this for all my Candy readers who've read my Dreamer fics.

Special thanks to Icequeen and LovinGuerin2Much, who stayed up late in anticipation to read this. :D You two inspired this fic, so gracias. LOL.

<center>Chapter 1: Introduction of Lost Souls

Trio's Home</center>

“Is he ready yet?” Max question Liz in irritation as he glanced at his silver wrist watch and sulked on the time.

”Michael! You ready?” Liz called out from the foot of the stairs, knowing for a fact that he was killing time in order not to go.

“Alright!” Michael yelled, storming out of his room as he grabbed his Corduroy Sherpa jacket that hung on the door knob and brushed past Liz to give Max an aggravated glare. “It’s a stupid carnival, Maxwell. Not a Metallica concert.” Michael voiced strongly, not seeing what was so alluring about going to a carnival that no one went to in the first place...well, no one he knew anyway.

“Don’t be a jerk.” Liz warned, tilting her head to rest on her shoulder as she held on to the stairs rail. “Can we go now?”

“Whatever.” Michael shrugged and took a step back to allow Liz passage first.

Once he made it down, along side Max, the two commenced play-punching each other to the short distance of the front door, where their playful spar ended with Michael shoving Max out the door lightly.

As soon as the door was securely locked, Michael jogged the rest of the way to his Convertible and climbed into the driver's side as Max held open the passenger side door for Liz before he hopped into the back seat.

<center>1965 Convertible</center>

“This thing’s in the frickin’ middle of nowhere.” Michael cursed, talking with one hand while the other controlled the direction of the steering wheel.

“Everything here is in the middle of nowhere.” Max sneered with his arm spread out on the top of the back seats.

“Hey, I didn’t make you come here. You came on your own.” Michael reminded, continuing to talk with his hand in a pointing motion as he glanced quickly at him from the rear view mirror.

“Michael. Stop-being-a-jerk.” Liz ordered, pronouncing each word.

“Why are you always defending him?” Michael asked offensively.

“Why are you always a jerk with him?” Liz retaliated.

Instead of answering, he simply eyed her skeptically, not understanding why she would get defensive when it came to Max Evans. He had small suspicion of Liz feeling something towards Max, other than friendship. He prayed it was just a figment of his imagination because he didn’t want to have to murder his best and only friend since kindergarten, and hide Liz away in a tower.

He admitted he was over protective of her, but he couldn’t help it, she was his baby sister and he was just as over protective over his friendship with Max. He had been the only family he ever had, aside from Liz, that didn’t make him feel worthless and knew no matter what that he could always depend on him.

Both he and Liz endured a very abusive childhood while living under Hank Guerin’s roof, just like Max endured in the trailer next door to them. Screams and insults were their lullaby’s and smacks and kicks was what they considered as a display of affection.

When Michael turned 20, he got a well paying job as a garbage man and started to save money to get him and Liz out of the hell hole they called home.

His goal, was to gather enough money so he and Liz could have a fresh start...but tragically, things didn’t go as planned.

<center>~Flashback~</center>

“You staying over?” Michael questioned with his hands shoved in his pockets as he and Max approached the Guerin trailer home.

“Phil’s cars not here.” Max answered as a form of a ‘yes’.

“Yeah, don’t see Hank’s either.” Michael shrugged indifferently when he didn’t see his father’s station wagon either.

Hopping up the three wooden steps, he opened the screen and tin doors of his trailer and entered the invisible line that separated the small living room from the even smaller kitchen, that was vibrating with the loud sounds of Serj Tarkan’s occult voice.

Wake up (wake up)
Grab a brush and put a little makeup
Hide the scars to fade away the shake up
Why'd you leave the keys up on the table?
Here you go create another fable

(You wanted to)
Grab a brush and put on a little makeup
(You wanted to)
Hide the scars to fade away the shake up
(You wanted to)
Why'd you leave the keys up on the table?
(You wanted to)

“Ahh!” Liz screamed when she came out from her room in her bathrobe. “Jesus, Michael. You nearly gave me a heart attack.” Liz proclaimed as she held her hand over her heart.

“Why’s the door unlocked?” Michael questioned, ignoring the fact that he just scared her.

“I forgot.” Liz answered as she stepped out of the tight hallway and made her way up to stand infront of the small bathroom to the left of her.

“Real smart.”

“Don’t patronize me Michael. I don’t have time for your condescending speeches, okay.” Liz warned with her hand on her hip and then realized Max was standing behind him nervously. “Max!” She exclaimed trying to cover herself and rushed into the bathroom. “You could have told me Max was here.” Liz yelled from behind the bathroom door.

“Why? He’s no one special.” Michael answered with an amused laugh and looked over to Max who was mocking him. “Come on.” Michael directed, heading to his room and closing it behind him.

<center>Michael's Room</center>

“Why do you talk to her like that?” Max question as he removed his jacket while Michael poked the power button to his stereo that had Metallica already cued up, mixing with the faint sounds of System of a Down that Liz was playing from her stereo.

I don't think you trust in my
Self-righteous suicide,
I cry, when angels deserve to die
In my self-righteous suicide,
I cry, when angels deserve to die

Fuck it all and no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets
I need a voice to let myself
To let myself go free
Fuck it all and fuck regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets
Medallion noose I hang myself
St. Anger round my neck

“Like what?” Michael questioned holding out his hands and then grabbing the remotes to his N64 and handed one to Max.

“Like down to her.” Max added as he accepted his control and sat on the bed, while Michael set up the game.

‘Killer Instinct...Golden’ A growling man announced from the game.

“She gets enough crap from Hank. She doesn’t need to hear it from you.” Max advised as he selected his player.

‘Saber Wolf.’ The man announced again.

“What are you my conscience?” Michael questioned as he scrolled to the right of all the players faces and highlighted Jago.

‘Jago.’ The voice broad casted. ‘Go. Fight.’

“Just saying. Treat her better.” Max suggested as his Saber Wolf did a back flip, hitting Jago and making him fall.

“What’s it to you? You messin’ with my sister?” Michael question with rage and his Jago upper cut Max’s Saberwolf and made it whimper like a hurt dog.

“She’s 16 Michael.” Max reminded him, instead of answering 'yes' or 'no'. “The only reason I mentioned it was because I saw her crying when she left to go to school yesterday.” Max informed him and blocked Jago’s maneuver with a spinning wolf-arm with sharp claws.

‘Ca-Ca-Ca-Com-bo Break-er!’ The voice advertised.

“Bastard.” Michael cursed, vexed that he was loosing. “You saw her crying?”

“Yeah. I gave her a ride to school and she told me Hank hit her.” Max confided in him and continued to do back flips holding Michael’s Jago in the air.

“Shit.” Michael cursed when he tried to break out of the corner Max had him in, seeing the hit counter display the number of times Max’s Saber Wolf had hit him in sequence without interruption ’96...97...98...99’

‘Uh-u..uh-u...Jago...Jago’ The character announce when it was knocked off the side of the castle and shown spiraling downward.

“Yes!” Max cheered with his hand in the air, imitating a referees sign for ‘touchdown’.

‘Supreme Victory.’ The man announced, showing Max’s Saber Wolf standing in victory as his moves were being scored and then howled before returning to the main screen.

“Rematch.” Michael declared, unsatisfied with his performance, but then recalled what they were talking about. “But go get my sister. Tell her I want to talk to her.”

“Michael. I promised I wouldn’t tell.”

“Yeah, well, you did. Your fault.” Michael shrugged and shooed Max out to go get Liz while he set up the game to play against the CPU.

Max opened Michael’s doors and both rock sounds collided, Heavy metal versus Goth/Funk Alternative. Leaving Michael’s door slightly open, he made his way towards Liz’s room and froze when he heard a muffled cry coming from the bathroom along with what he assumed to be the sounds of heavy bottles falling in the tub.

Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
Father into your hands, why have you forsaken me?
In your eyes, forsaken me
In your thoughts, forsaken me
In your heart, forsaken me

Oh, trust in my, self-righteous suicide
I cry when angels deserve to die
In my self-righteous suicide
I cry when angels deserve to die

I feel my world shake
I can't look away
Hard to see clear
Is it me
Or is it fear?

I'm madly in anger with you
I'm madly in anger with you

“No.” He hears Liz whimper and walks cautiously to the bathroom.

“Liz?” Max calls out and opens the door slowly. When he sees Liz struggling to get Hank Guerin off her and him tugging on her robe, exposing her in her underwear and bra, as he covered her mouth with the other. “Liz! Get the fuck off her!” Max commanded, feeling his vocals strain as he yelled as loud as he could, grabbing onto Hanks shirt with both hands and then pulled him off Liz with all his strength, tossing him into the kitchen. “Fucking...sick...fuck!” Max yelled in disgust as he punched Hank in the face.

“Michael. Michael.” Liz cried as she ran to his room in tears. “Michael!”

“Liz? What the hell happened?” Michael question in fear as he jumped to his feet and held on to her arms, seeing her hysterically crying.

“Max. Help him.” Liz pleaded and pointed out his room.

Michael ran out on her word and saw Max and Hank scrimmaging on the floor of the living room. Hank flipped Max over with his foot and then threw himself on him and punched Max across the face.

“Max.” Michael said to himself and then speared Hank off him, making Hank fall back into the vintage couch while Michael scrabbled to get his balance back. “What the hell is going on?” Michael questioned, feeling the adrenaline pump through his veins while Liz quickly rushed to pull Max out of harms way.

“He was trying to rape Liz.” Max coughed as he rested on his elbows, feeling Liz's arm across his chest as she sat behind him.

“I’ll fucking kill you!” Michael declared as he lunged to Hank.

Hank quickly pulled his rifle out that was propped up on the side of the couch and pointed it to Michael, making Michael stop dead on his tracks.

“Hold it!” Hank threatened, slurring through the blood that filled his mouth.

“No!” Liz yelled frightened.

“Lizzy. Lizzy. Lizzy. Never knew you fucked the Evans boy. Who else has your brother passed you around to?”

“Son of a bitch!” Max yelled, struggling to get on his feet but couldn’t with Liz pulling him back.

“Get out! And take your whore with you.” Hank muttered, clearly intoxicated.

“Hank!” Michael yelled, getting Hanks attention. “There aren’t any bullets in the rifle.” Michael said with a smirk. Hank eyes widened and when he saw Michael stalk to him, he squeezed the trigger and heard an empty click, panicking, he repeated the pressure on the trigger but then Michael yanked the rifle from his shaky hands, flipped it to hold it from the long barrel, and swung it like a baseball bat, smacking Hank across the face and rendering him unconscious.

“Uh.” Liz gasped in shock. Max crawled to Hanks side and checked his pulse, relieved to feel Michael didn’t kill him by the unexpected blow, and then looked stunned to the blood that splattered on the wall.

“Liz. Go get your things.” Michael ordered in a swallow as he stood frozen, watching Hanks fallen body on the floor. He looked to Liz from the corner of his eye and saw she was just as stunned as he was, he turned his head to look at her with her mouth opened and her eye starting to puff up with a hint of redness. “Liz. Go!” Michael ordered louder, seeing her get startled by his tone before she ran to her room.

“He’s still alive.” Max informed him, not seeing a reason for them to run.

“Yeah, well, we won’t be if we stay here.” Michael answered spiritless, looking at Max for a moment, and then moved to his room and began tossing necessary items in his bag. As he began disconnecting his N64, he heard the front door open and footsteps in the gravel leading to the trailer next door, assuming Max had left, he continued to pack. He managed to get a duffel bag and a generic trash bag full of random necessities, clothes, his Metallica CD’s, his stereo, his pillow and cover, and kicked open the screen door and tossed both bags in his back seat, and then returned to help Liz with her stuff.

When he entered her room. Liz was sitting on her bed, she had changed into a pare of jeans, an Orgy t-shirt with a jacket on top and some black Converse gym shoes, and was hugging a blue Bed Time Care Bear that Michael had given to her on her 13th birthday, rocking back and forth in shock.

“Liz?” Michael called out. Liz turned her head slowly in his direction, swallowed her pain and blinked, releasing a stream of tears before speaking.

“Everything I own fits in one bag.” Liz whimpered low.

“Let’s go Liz.” Michael answered softly. Liz nodded and followed him out when he grabbed her bag, hugging the Care Bear close to her. When they get to the front door, they see Max standing by the car with a bag of his own. “What the hell are you doing, Maxwell?”

“Being a friend.”

<center>~End Flashback~

1965 Cadillac Convertible</center>

After that, the three had become inseparable. They left Las Cruses and headed towards Roswell, New Mexico to commence their new life. That night, Michael took Polaroids of Liz’s wounds and used them as evidence to get custody of his little sister. Both he and Max ended up getting jobs as security guards at a genetics company, to rent a 3 bedroom house, to rid themselves of living in trailers, which they’ve done for the majority of their lives and finish putting Liz through school, while she worked part-time at a local hang-out restaurant called The Crashdown.

Now, Max and Michael were 22. Liz was going to turn 18 in a day. Two years of freedom.

“Michael?” Liz called out when she saw he was thinking hard.

“Huh? What?” Michael questioned, looking around realizing he was still driving. He thanked the hidden carnival was straight into the desert or he would have caused them to crash by thinking of their past.

“Look. There it is.” Liz pointed enthusiastically to the lighted up corner of the desert. The ferris wheel was the first noticeable feature. The spinning lights, the giggles and cheesy carnival music all came after. “Ooo, thank you. Thank you. Thank you.” Liz thanked happily, as she smothered Michael’s cheeks with kisses. The carnival occurred one week each year and this was the first time they every attended, which the only reason they were was because Liz asked to go as a birthday present. Unable to deny a birthday wish, Michael moodily agreed, but seeing Liz's glow of innocence return for the first time in two years made it worth the agonizing torture he was sure he was about to experience when they would get there...not to mention the amount of money he woould spend.

“Alright. Alright. Knock it off or I’ll turn the car around.” Michael threatened playfully. Liz coughed to maintain her anxiousness and settled down in her seat, hearing Max laugh behind her. “You know I’m only doing this because of you.”

“Aww.” Max teased on Michael’s brotherly love.

“Bite me.” Michael answered, flicking Max off from the rear view mirror.

“Thanks Michael.” Liz spoke softly, expressing it really meant a lot to her in a look and then flashed him a emotional smile and got a ‘no problem’ smile from him before he returned his focus on the dirt road and pulled into the carnivals unofficial lot of parked cars and turned off his car.

“Let’s go.” Max proclaimed as he hopped out of his seat and rushed to open Liz’s door.

“Thank you.” Liz thanked sheepishly and moved to Michael who was staring in irk.

<center>Carnival</center>

“Carnival of Souls.” Michael read the entrance sign sarcastically. “Ooooo.” He taunted as he wiggled his fingers trying to spook Liz but getting a shove from her instead.

“Shut up.” Liz giggled and then hopped in fascination not knowing what to do first.

“Stay here.” Michael ordered pointing down to the cracked desert ground. “I’m gonna get tickets.” Michael informed them and then moved to the little information like booth that had a big sign that spelled the word ‘tickets’ written in scarlet and gold, the main colors of the carnival tents and game stands. When he returned with the tickets, he couldn’t help but get the chills from the small crowd and staff that were scattered about. It seemed like they were cameos in a Marylin Manson video. Everything was so...grotesque. He shrugged the thought and then put his arm around Liz. “What do you want to do first?”

“Um.....” Liz thought hard, making Max smile on how adorable she looked when she looked pensive, but then looked away before Michael noticed the way he was looking at her. “Oh, I know. Can I go on the ferris wheel?” Liz asked, holding her hands together in prayer, seeing Michael squint his eyes in an ‘I don’t know’ manner. “Please. Oh, please. Oh, please.” Liz begged, shaking her joined hands on his chest.

“Whatever.” Michael answered and pointed the way he wanted her to walk.

<center>Ferris Wheel</center>

“You two go ahead.” Michael suggested, stepping back when the ride attendant held up the safety bar and guided them to sit.

“You’re not coming?” Max questioned surprised, he thought that Michael would never leave Liz alone, not with him that is.

“I’ll just watch.” Michael answered as he shook his head ‘no’.

“Hee, hee.” Liz giggled, when she stood beside Max. “He’s afraid of heights.” Liz informed Max and then pulled him to take their seat.

“I’m afraid of falling!” Michael shouted to correct her comment as the attendant hit the starting button, making the wheel start to turn, and watched Liz wave good-bye to him as they went higher.

Watching a wheel turn 1 mile an hour wasn’t Michael’s idea of fun. He began scanning the attractions that were nearby, hearing people laughing and an annoying clown laughing evilly.

‘Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.’ ‘Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.’

Then he suddenly heard a bewitching voice under the clowns laugh, feeling an electric tingle in the tips of his ears when he heard the voice again.

Screaming,
Deceiving,
And bleeding for you
And you still won’t hear me

Michael began walking in the direction of the alluring voice, making out it belonged to a singing woman, and when he reached the suspected sound, he could make out the tunes.

Don’t want your hand this time
I’ll save myself
Maybe I’ll wake up for once (wake up for once)
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I’d reach the bottom

He walked slowly to the tent, entering and seeing about a handful of people watching a mysterious blond singing acoustic beside a man on a stool next to hers , who was playing the guitar.

I dive again

I’m going under (going under)
Drowning with you (drowning with you)
I’m falling forever (falling forever)
I’ve got to break through
I’m, going under

He stood and watched her sing in blues curiously from the entrance of the tent. By the second verse, he was drawn into her dark inviting voice and soon not hearing her at all, just seeing her in a unaccounted for dim light, that caused a light silhouette on the shadows around her and focused with fascination on her glossy full lips, reading every word that spilled from her lips.

Blurring and stirring the truth that comes out
(so I don’t know what’s real and what’s not)
Always confusing the thoughts is my head
So I can’t trust myself anymore

She was wearing a basic wife beater with a fluffy scarf wrapped around her neck and a pair of dark blue jeans that hid her chocolate scuffed up boots. She had dirty blond hair which was in a wild bun, with perfectly wavy tendrels of strands dangling from each side.

I dive again
I’ve got to break through,
I’m, going under (going under)
Going under (drowning with you)
I’m going under

“Thank you.” She bowed as the small crowd began to clap, making Michael snap out of his trans, realizing she glanced at him and then he took off when he remembered about Liz.

When he returned to the ferris wheel, he saw that there were new people in the wheel, but Max and Liz still in their original seats, only making him assume that they were going around for the second time.

‘Aliens! Aliens! Shoot down an alien. Bag yourself a prize!’

Michael turned to hear a promoters pitch and walked over curiously to the game.

“3 tickets.” The attendant charged. Michael dug in his pocket and pulled out the chain of tickets he had and ripped off three tickets and hand them to the attendant as he shoved the rest back in his pocket. “Good luck, kid.” The attendant commented as he took a step back away from the game and handed Michael a rifle that was decorated to appear as if it were a futuristic gun with a suction cupped arrow in the end of the barrel.

Michael aimed the rifle to the moving flying saucer and waited until the right moment to fire, nailing the UFO right dab in the middle of the dome-like cover.

“Nice shot, Space Boy.”

Michael turned around quickly and stood bewildered when he saw the blond haired mystery woman from the tent walking towards him.

“So aside from music critic, you’re an alien hunter too, huh?” She said pointing to the plastic alien with the suction arrow stuck on it.

“What?” Michael question confused by her comment.

“Back at the tent.” She added but saw he was still confused and decided to explain further. “Most people take it offensively when someone leaves without feed backing to the singer.”

“I was just looking.” Michael shrugged.

'Looking', ended up being 'staying' for the whole song. Most people take that as a compliment.” She adds.

“So what do most people say to complete strangers?” Michael asked sarcastically and then picks his prize.

“They say, ‘hi, my name’s Maria'.” She greets and extends her hand.

“Michael.” He replies and shakes her hand.

“So, now we’re not strangers.” She acknowledges.

“Oh, yeah? So what are we?” Michael questioned irritated by the conversation.

“Don’t know...let’s go find out.” Maria declares as she pulls him away.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:42 am, edited 31 times in total.
<center>Image
***Click on banner to get to my author's page***</center>
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 2: Believe the Unbelievable

Quotes from "Graduation"

Carnival</center>

“Where’re you taking me?” Michael questioned as he clips people on their shoulders while he’s pulled through the sudden crowd and then stop in front of another tent that had a sign written in chalk Maria displayed like if she were showing a prize on a game show.

“You’re kidding right? ‘Madame Vivian’...‘Fortune Teller for lost souls’...‘Enter and all shall be revealed.’” Michael read out loud sarcastically. “What a crock.” Michael snorted as he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

“Oh come on? Where’s your sense of adventure?” Maria questioned, unconvinced that he could be so closed minded.

“In my next pay check.” Michael answered with attitude.

“Look, the least you could do is try it.” Maria declared annoyed with her hand on her hip.

“Why are we even having this conversation?” Michael questioned with a shrug.

“You’re not a people person, are you?” Maria asked sarcastically.

“Let me guess, you’re Madame Vivian.” Michael answered sarcastically, trying to hint off that her assumption was right.

“Ha. Ha. Just try it, Tin Man.” Maria pressed as she pushed him inside the tent.

<center>Madame Vivian</center>

“Welcome. Sit. Sit.” A beefy woman, with black frizzy hair and uncoordinated tacky make-up, insisted, wrapping one of her sheer purple shawls around her and then pointed to two royal purple Egyptian pillows that laid in front of a wooden table that had a crystal ball, some lit candles and a deck of Albano-Waite Tarot Cards. “So, who will be receiving the reading?”

“Aren’t you the psychic?” Michael snorted, but getting hit across the arm by Maria. “Oww.”

“He is.” Maria answered with a light bow and then moved to sit on the inner pillow and pulled Michael to sit on the outer while Madame Vivian sat across from them.

“So...” Madame Vivian twiddled her thumbs.

“What?” Michael asked when he heard Maria cough.

“Pay her.” Maria whispered.

“Hey, I didn’t want to come here in the first place.” Michael whispered roughly.

“Just do it.” Maria commanded in a whisper and then looked back to Madame Vivian with an embarrassed smile.

“Here.” Michael complained and handed Madame Vivian a twenty, who smiled and hid the money on the side of her cleavage, and got an appalled look from Michael.

“Cut the cards.” She coughed and placed the deck in front of him. Michael rolled his eyes and split the deck in two piles. Madame Vivian joined the deck once more and then began laying out the cards horizontally and in cross formation. “Hmm.” She hummed pensively as she watched the cards in concern.

“What? What is it?” He asked annoyed on how dramatic she was being.

“I’ve never seen the cards lay out like this before.” She said holding up her hand and shaking it.

“What do you see?” Maria asked in a gasp.

“A new acquaintance that stands between light and dark...good and evil.” Madame Vivian explained pointing the the High Priestess card that had a woman in blue between two pillars that were color black and white. “She will help you see things for what they truly are and reveals things aren’t what they appear to be.” She interpreted, pointing to the Hang Man card, a card with a man hanging upside down from his foot of a T-shaped tree. “And your misconception will be pointed out by only by true love.” She finalized pointing from the Devil card that laid on top of the Lovers card.

“So, what are you saying? That I’m gonna fall in love?” Michael questioned.

“Yes, but it isn’t your love the cards show that will help you open your eyes. Something bad is going to happen. Something very bad. And there’s only one way to keep that from happening...you must believe in the love.”

“Believe in the love?” Michael repeats skeptically. “I have no idea what that means.”

“ I know you don't. But try to. It could save your life. And others.” She warns.

“ I think you're a fraud.” Michael admits bluntly.

“Michael!” Maria exclaims.

“Here.” She says handing Michael the Lovers card to him in irritation. “So you don't forget.”

Michael looks at the card and then walks out the tent.

<center>Carnival</center>

“What a flake. Believe in the love” Michael mocked and head back towards the ferris wheel.

“Wait Michael.” Maria called out as she ran after him. “Where are you going?”

“Away from you.” Michael answered dodging her and going back towards Madame Vivian’s tent.

“Why?” Maria questioned as she followed.

“You just cost me twenty bucks.” Michael snapped and turned back in the direction of the ferris wheel. “Get away.”

“You can’t be serious.” Maria exclaimed. “Hey, you just got valuable information because of me, Buddy.”

“What? All that was a bunch of crap!” Michael yelled as he pointed back in the direction of the fortune tellers tent as he keep walking.

“Wait. You have to believe in what she said.” Maria contended.

“Why do you care?” Michael shrugged and then felt her tiny cold hands grab his hand. He stopped to look at her but ended up being pulled down into a spell binding kiss. Her thumb, pointing finger and middle finger held on to his chin, while the last two digits curled underneath, and her other hand brushed his cheek gently. Michael held back at first from the coerce kiss, but then gave into her enchantment and wrapped his arms around her waist to pick her up a little so he wasn’t hunched over.

When he looked at her full lips back at the tent, when she was singing, he never dreamed that the would be so soft and so captivating. She followed his speed precisely to the note, making their kiss all the more worth wild. The laughs, the talking, the annoying laughing clown we’re all muted by the sound of her heartbeat that he could hear echoing in his head...or was it his own? All he knew, was that it sounded like a stampede of wild colts, treading over unknown territory...and he loved the freedom.

The taste of cherries from her lip gloss sweetened the experience and her smell of vanilla and unidentifiable erotic oils imprinted the memory of her presence forever. Make him blind. Make him deaf. Either way he would always remember this free-spirited mystery woman that he held in his arms. She lightly pulled away and made immediate contact with his chocolate eyes.

“Believe.” She whispered before running off, leaving him standing speechless, watching her as she disappeared into the crowd and then suddenly...all the laughs and music came flooding back to existence. He stared into her empty space and then looked around, remembering where he was, and then headed back in the direction of the ferris wheel to find his sister and Max.

“So, uh Liz...” Max stutter when the ferris wheel had stop their seats in the top to overlook the entire carnival that was surrounded by the dark desert.

“Yeah, Max?” Liz answered, biting her lip and tucking the strand of hair that blocked her view of Max behind her ear.

“Uh, I was going to wait til’ tomorrow...but since were up here...” Max mumbled and looked at Liz who was looking back at him with rosy cheeks. “Uh, oh, are you cold?” Max asked concerned as he struggled to take off his denim Sherpa jacket in the tight and then draped it over Liz’s shoulders.

“Thank you.” Liz stated with sweet appreciation and a glossy smile.

“You’re welcome.” Max answered in a daze as he gazed at her with innocent desire.

“So, what were you saying before?” Liz reminded, blushing from the way Max was looking at her and couldn’t help but return the gaze.

“Uh, yeah. It’s in my jacket.” Max said nervously pointing to chest, trying to let her know it was in the inside pocket.

“So...aren’t you gonna get it?” Liz asked in a seducing manner.

“Am I...uh, yeah.” Max said swallowing his nervous stutter and reached out for the jacket with shaky hands while Liz watch with a tempted smile and a sparkle in her eye. Max finally pulled out a tiny box out of the pocket, accidentally brushing her breast in the process. “Uh, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Max apologized in a panic.

“It’s okay.” Liz giggled and looked to the heart shape box with tiny curly ribbons. Max opened her hand and place the heart shape box in the center of her palm and watched in worry as she opened it. “It’s beautiful.” Liz gasped in fascination when she laid eyes on her present and pulled out a thin silver Claddagh ring.

“Um, I remember you were watching Buffy and you told me you liked the ring that Angel guy gave to her.” Max explained as he took the ring and slipped it on her slender ring finger.

“Happy Birthday.” Max whispered softly to her as he connect his forehead with hers.

“Thank you.” Liz whispered back and then looked down at her ring. “Um, you know in that episode, Angel had a ring too...”

“Yeah, I know.” Max said with a sly smirk and dug underneath the collar of his shirt and pulled out a silver chain that dangled a thicker version of the same ring at the end.

“Do you know what the ring means?” Liz questioned with a smile as she rubbed the smooth edges of his ring.

“Yeah, the Crown stands for loyalty...”

“The Hands for friendship.” Liz added and looked up at Max invitingly. “And the Heart...”

“For...love.” Max finished and took in a breath. “I’m gonna die.” Max whispered.

“What?” Liz questioned confused.

“If I don’t kiss you...I don’t think I can make it...and if I kiss you...I’m a dead man when your brother finds out.” Max confessed as the two of them caressed each others faces with the tips of their noses.

“Mmm...so what are you going to do?” Liz asked in a bewitching tone as she licked and grazed her bottom lip. Max tucked her loose hair behind her ear and then gave into the magnetic pull her lips had with his. Their lips connected and the savored the overdue feeling for a moment before they intensified the kissed.

“Happy Birthday Liz.” Liz whispered, getting a smile from Max, and then continued her magical kiss with him above what seemed like the world.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 3: Haunted

Carnival of Souls</center>

Michael struggled with himself whether or not to go back and look for the mysterious, blond, soulful Maria, but then shook the thought when he considered the chances of finding her in the crowd. Maybe closing his eyes and letting his senses drive him to her would work? He thought, but then laughed at himself over how ridiculous he was sounding. Search for a woman he hardly even knew.

“Come on. Let’s get off before your brother finds us here.” Max advises as he lifts the safety bar when they reach the base of the ferris wheel.

“Okay.” Liz giggles, taking Max’s hand as he helped her off the ride. “Um, Michael’s not as tough as he appears to be...so you don’t have to be afraid of him.”

“What makes you think I’m afraid of your brother?” Max questioned with a confused smirk.

“Well, would you tell him that we kissed?” Liz asked, biting her lip as she blushed when she recalled the kiss and actually talking about it with him like it was something so casual.

“Liz having respect for your brother is not the same as being afraid of him.” Max answered and began walking backwards, looking at her with a smile. “It’s just, you just don’t go up to your best friend and tell him you kissed his little sister and expect him to be okay about it.”

“I’m not little.” Liz declares offended by his comment.

“Believe me...I know.” Max answered, stopping completely and leaning down for a kiss.

“Michael!” Liz called out frightened, when she saw Michael looking around for them, preventing Max from kissing her.

“Happy Birthday.” Michael wished, handing Liz a Marvin the Martian stuff animal that he won in the space game he played before meeting Maria.

“Aww, this is so cute.” Liz said in a hug. “Thank you Michael. This is the best birthday ever.”

“Yeah, well, you know.” Michael stumbled on his words, not knowing exactly what to say. “What’s up with your lips?” Michael questioned, pointing to her swollen pink lips.

“Uh, oh, we had cotton candy and Icee’s.” Liz quickly answered and covered her lips with the tips of her fingers.

“Where have you been?” Max questioned, attempting to change the subject before Michael suspected more.

“Around.” Michael quickly answered, seeing both Liz and Max give each other an unconvinced look. “Uh, so, you about ready to go?”

“We just got here like an hour ago.” Liz whined pouting.

“Aw, come on man. It’s her birthday.” Max reminded, patting Michael on his back. “You can drop the James Dean act for one night, can’t you?” Michael looked down to Liz, who was looking back at him with pleading eyes and then rolled his eyes in annoyance, finally giving in.

“Fine. Just one more hour and we go home.” Michael warned. Liz clapped happily and then looked around from where she stood to see what other ride she wanted to get on. “So what do you want to do?”

“Bumper cars.” Liz answered and then saw Max and Michael exchange a mischievous look to each other.

<center>Parking Lot - 1 Hour Later</center>

“You guys are idiots.” Liz giggled as she tried to hold her handful of stuffed animals.

“What?” Max questioned with an innocent laugh.

“You guys didn’t have to double team that guy.” Liz argued playfully with them as Max switched the huge teddy bear to his other arm to open the door for her. “Thanks.” She whispered softly getting a charming smile from him in return.

“Liz, that loser was only aiming for you.” Michael continued with the argument as he hopped in the drivers seat and started up the convertible.

“It was bumper cars. He’s suppose to hit me.” Liz protested as she fastened her seat belt and then leaned over to fasten Michael’s.

“Not on our watch.” Michael snorted and pulled out of the parking lot.

<center>Trio’s Home</center>

“Do you want me to make you something to eat, Michael?” Liz asked as she placed her belongings on the couch.

“Nah. I’m just gonna hit the sack.” Michael announced pointing to the direction of his room and then walking in that direction with his hands in his pockets.

Liz’s head snapped to Max, who was blushing, when Michael started to leave, and looked down while biting her lip and then looking up to the steps to see if Michael was really gone. The second that they heard Michael’s door close, the two of the bee-lined their way to each others arms and began kissing like they longed to do the whole ride back. Max wrapped his arms around Liz and lightly picked her up and led her to the couch where he laid on top of her.

<center>Michael’s Room</center>

“Maria.” Michael pondered as he sat on his bed and stared at the Lovers tarot card Madame Vivian gave him. He propped the card up against the lamp, so it appeared to look as a photo in a frame, turned off the lamp and then layed back on his bed with his hands behind his head and looked up at his ceiling and sighed in heavy thought. “Maria. Maria. Maria.” He repeated her name over and over, in a dazed tone. “Why can’t I get you out of my head.” He asked himself.

‘Something bad is going to happen. Something very bad. And there’s only one way to keep that from happening...you must believe in the love’

“Believe in the love?” Michael wondered out loud, still not understanding what Madame Vivian meant by that...and Maria. She was just as persistent for Michael to ‘believe in the love’ as well. Why would she persist on something that didn’t involve her?

What else could possibly happen to them that they haven’t experienced already? He had to make sure he warned Max to keep an eye on Liz. He got up, opened his door and walked to Max’s bedroom, to see he wasn’t there. “Max?” Michael called out and then went downstairs to see if he was there.

“Max?” Michael repeated when he turned the room to find Liz stumbling to get to her feet.

“Michael!” She called out nervously and attempted to straighten up her hair.

“Where’s Max?” Michael question, looking around from where he stood.

“Um, he-uh-he isn’t upstairs?” Liz stuttered.

“Would I be down here if he was?” Michael questioned skeptically, picking up on how nervous she was. “What’s up?”

“N-Nothing...just um, you caught me dancing, that’s all.” Liz quickly thought up.

“With no music?” Michael asked. Liz always had the tendency to break into a dance when she was happy but something was just to awkward about how startled she got when she saw him.

“Um, I was singing a-and dancing.” Liz added, with her arms behind her back.

“What is this a frickin’ show tune?” Michael asked sarcastically, but shook his head in disbelief. “Anyways, um, listen. Do you still got that key chain mace I got you?”

“Um, yeah. Why?” Liz scrunched up her nose and rubbed her arm confused by the sudden concern for her mace.

“Just keep it with you okay?”

“Okay.” Liz answered confused and then watched as Michael acted like he was about to say something but just returned back to his room and shut his door.

“Is he gone?” Max asked, hiding behind the couch.

“Yeah.” Liz answered with a smile as she sat on the couch to watch him peek out from behind the couch. “Um, so this is what respect looks like huh?” Liz giggled. “Funny how it looks just like fear.”

“Ha Ha.” Max answered and then hopped over the couch to sit beside her.

“We have to be more careful.” Liz advised with an inviting smile.

“You, Liz Guerin, are gonna get me killed.” Max informed her before they returned to their interrupted kiss.

<center>2 hours later</center>

Michael tossed and turned, unable to get Maria out from his thoughts. The kiss. That enchanting kiss that he could still feel on his lips. How could he be so dazed over someone he didn’t know? How could he long to feel her silky skin? How could he crave for her sweet lips and thirst for the taste of her mouth?

The only answer he possibly could conclude with was that he wouldn’t be able to sleep ever again if he didn’t see her again. He kicked off his covers and turned on his lamp. He scrimmaged through his room to find his Converse gym shoes and jeans, put them on and moved quietly to Liz’s room. He opened the door a cracked and peeked in, seeing her fast asleep on her full sized bed, cuddled up with her Bed Time Care Bear. He closed her door quietly and then walked over to Max’s room and opened his door the same way, but managed a squeak from his door.

The squeak made Max’s ears twitch, and instinctively he gripped the butt of his baseball bat that was underneath his pillow. When he heard the creek of the floor, he lunged up with his bat and froze when he saw Michael.

“Michael?!” He whispered lowering his back. “What the hell are you doing?”

“Can’t sleep. Gonna get some air. But I need you to take care of Liz okay?” Michael answered, not giving thought to startling Max.

“Yeah. Okay.” Max answered. Michael closed Max’s door and stalked back to his room to grab his car keys and the tarot card, before rushing out the house and to the Carnival.

<center>Carnival of Souls</center>

“Excuse me. Have you seen a blond girl around here. Maria? She sings.” He asked one of the clowns who was packing up his juggling equipment.

“Aw, yeah. DV Princess.” The clown nodded as he latched his suitcase shut.

DV? What the hell is that suppose to mean?” Michael questioned confused.

“Domestic Violence. Her and her Romeo Billy “Ike Turner” Darden.” The clown replied and pointed to the tent Michael had first seen her in.

“Thanks Bozo.” Michael waved.

“That’s Sweet Tart.” The clown corrected as he watch Michael jogged to the tent.

<center>Maria’s Tent</center>

Michael walked slowly into the dark tent, squinting his eyes to help him see better in his opinion, until he spotted Maria in the corner of the stage, hugging her knees crying. “Maria?” He called out.

“Michael?” She replied before she looked up to see that it was really him. “What are you doing here?”

'Believeing in the love' he thought.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 4

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Song: Chemicals Between Us by Bush

<center>Chapter 4: Promises, Promises

Maria’s Tent</center>

Michael walked slowly into the dark tent, squinting his eyes to help him see better in his opinion, until he spotted Maria in the corner of the stage, hugging her knees crying. “Maria?” He called out.

“Michael?” She replied before she looked up to see that it was really him. “What are you doing here?”

'Believing in the love' he thought.

“You better get out of here Michael.” Maria warned when he didn’t answer.

“What’s wrong?” Michael asked as he sat next to her, feeling an unexplainable urge to wrap his arms around her and tell her everything’s going to be okay.

“It’s nothing.” Maria answered in a moping tone and turned her face away from him to wipe her tears away. Michael reached out and turned her face underneath the faint light and moved his head back a little when the light revealed her swollen, pinkish cheek.

“What the hell happened?” Michael questioned with deep concern, sitting on the stage, inching towards her and cupped her cheeks, while she struggled with herself not to answer him. “That guy Billy did this to you?” Michael summed up, seeing he was right when Maria’s head shot up by Michael’s guess and then look back down. “Why don’t you just leave?”

“It’s complicated.” Maria answered weakly, melting on the inside as his hands caressed her face tenderly.

“You love him?” Michael asked.

The only channels Max and him had available at work was a Spanish soap opera channel and CMT, so they had no option but to watch Spanish soap operas, which from what he could make out, the girl would never leave because she was either deeply in love with the guy that was abusive, she was being blackmailed, or she was pregnant with Raul’s baby.

“No. It’s not like that.” Maria answered as she shook her head.

“So, tell me what it’s like, so I know exactly why I bashing Billy Bob’s face in.” Michael vocalized, seeing her taken back by his strong comment that surprised him just as much. He couldn’t control himself. It was like everything on his body had a mind of it’s own and he was just being taken along for the ride.

“That won’t help.” Maria answered gloomy, shaking her touched bewilderment off when she came to her senses.

“Then what will?” Michael asked in a soft manner. Maria looked up, connecting his stone eyes with hers, struggling to hold back the tear that rolled down her cheek and ended up being wiped away by his ring baring thumb.

“Holding me.” Maria whispered and then looking up at him confused, when he got up and moved away, making her feel like he was denying her the safety of his arms. She held her breath and closed her eyes, unable to bare to watch him walk out on her. She heard his boots step around her and then felt a riveting chill course through her body when she felt his arms wrap around her from behind. Instinctively, she leaned back on his chest and felt his arms wrap around her more. She rested her head in the underneath his chin, taking in the scent that the man she longed for and zoned out as she focused on the hypnotizing beat of his wild heart.

“Maria? What are you doing here?” Madam Vivian asked, stopping herself from straightening the orders of her vials of multi-tasked potions.

“I need you to read for me.” Maria answered as she hugged herself in defeat.

“What did he do?”

<center>~End Flash~

Trio Home

Liz’s Room
</center>

Liz tossed and turned in her bed since she heard her brother leave the house. She struggled on whether or not she should go to Max’s room and climb into bed with him, but the thought of Max being who he was made it harder for her to.

The two of them were nearly caught in the living room by Michael, she doubted she’d have an explanation if he found her in Max’s room at this time a night. Plus, she didn’t know how long Michael would take in his mysterious thinking adventure.

She kicked off her covers and paced around her room in her red flannel pajama bottoms and black Cami spaghetti strapped top that said “Devilish” in red glittery print and had the red horns sticking out from the letter “D”.

She couldn't sleep. How could she if the guys she’s been crushing on since she could remember, was sleeping in the next room...in his boxers...in an empty house. Music. She needed music to calm her down, it was too late for a shower. She sat at her desk, plugged in her headphones and turned on her Walkman.

I want you to remember
a love so full it could send us always
I want you to surrender
all my feelings rose today
And i want you to remain
the power of children can amaze
I'll try not to complain
I know that's a pisser baby

The chemicals between us
the walls that lie between us
Lying in this bed
The chemicals displaced
there is no lonelier place
Than lying in this bed

“Okay. That didn’t help.” Liz cursed, pawing the headphones off her head and began tapping her hand nervously on her desk. The distinct tapping her hand was making came from the Claddagh ring Max had given her. “Max.” She sighed as she admired her ring. A daring smile appeared across her lips and she launched herself to Max’s Room.

<center>Max’s Room</center>

She opened his door a crack to find him sleeping on his chest. His back muscle flexing every time he inhaled or exhaled. That nigh it was cold, so she didn’t have the luxury of seeing him in his boxers, instead he wore a pair of casual baggy sweats, where the hem of his boxer briefs where peeking from.

She slipped in quietly and closed the door like a professional. Not a single squeak was heard. She tipped toed her way to the side of his King-sized bed and sat at the edge and watched his form move naturally while he slumbered.

“Are you gonna stare at me all night?” Max murmured from his pillow and then turned on his back, propping himself up on his elbows.

“You’ve been up this whole time?” Liz questioned, playfully irked that he allowed her to sneak in like some secret agent when he was already up.

“You’re brother has me on bodyguard detail.” Max informed her, internally amazed that she was in his room and spent like five minutes admiring his body.

“Hmm, so what’s Michael gonna say when he finds out you weren’t doing your job?” Liz asked impishly.

“What?” Max questioned, not knowing what she meant.

“Well, how can you guard me if my body’s over here and you're over there?” Liz asked seducing as she tilted her head to touch her shoulder and arched her eyebrow in desire.

“You know. You’re right.” Max answered as he sat up and pulled Liz to lay down with him as he kissed her.

<center>Carnival of Souls

Maria’s Tent - 23 minutes later
</center>

Maria counted each call Michael’s heart made with hers and fell deeper into her daze.

“What is it? What do you see?” Maria asked as she pressed her hand against her chest in worry as Madame Vivian focused on her tarot cards.

<center>~End Flashback~</center>

‘Ahem!'

'Ahem!’

The loud hacks of someone from outside the tent, made Maria lose count and Michael loosen his secure hold.

‘Ahem!’

“Is think someone’s dieing out there?” Michael commented sarcastically and then felt Maria sit up in a panic. “What? What is it?”

“Oh, my God! Billy’s coming. Michael, you have to get out of here!” Maria ordered as she pulled him off the stage and to another opening of the tent.

“What? Why? I’m not afraid of him.” Michael stated boldly puffing up his chest to prove hoe manly he was, but continued being pushed out by a frightened Maria.

“Michael, it’s not that simple. Please, just go.” Maria begged as she looked frantically behind her to see if Billy had come in yet.

“Maria. No. I don’t want to leave you here.” Michael protected, forcing his weight down so she couldn’t push him any further.

“Michael, believe me, I would love to leave...with you...but I can’t.” Maria answered hastily.

“You’re afraid of him.” Michael concluded.

“No. It’s complicated. Things aren’t what you think they are. They’re not what they appear to be. So, please go.” Maria pleaded, pushing Michael out the exit with all her might and only getting half his body out the tent.

“Wait, when will I see you again?” Michael questioned in despair.

“You won’t.” Maria answered sadly. “We can’t.”

“No.” Michael replied cupping her face and then connecting their lips, where he could taste her cherry lip gloss mixing with the salty taste of her warm tears.

“Michael. Go.” She cried.

“I’m not leaving without you.” Michael declared, kissing her one more time before running off.

<center>Outside the Tent</center>

“Close call, Kid.” Sweet Tart pointed out.

“It was you?” Michael asked, assuming it was the clown who warned Maria that Billy was coming with all that “hair-ball” coughing.

“Do you know what he would have done if he saw you in there with her?” Sweet Tart asked wide eyed, hinting that the repercussions where great.

“I have to get her out of her.” Michael proclaimed as he walked away from the tent with Sweet Tart tailing behind him.

“Oh yeah? What are you gonna do? We’re in a land of magic and not even magic can help that girl.” The clown contended in disappointment.

“Don’t need magic.” Michael answered with a half smirk. ”Just a good idea and a middle man.”

“Hmm, you’re not to bright if you’re messing with her in the first place...”

“Shut it Bozo, I have a plan.” Michael announced and then looked to the clown. “And you’re going to help me.” Michael commanded and pulled the clown back in the direction of Maria’s tent.

"It's Sweet Tart." The clown corrected again.

<center>10 minutes later</center>

‘Ahem.'

'Ahem.’

Maria’s forehead wrinkled when she heard the same hacking noise as before, but in a different tone, coming from the outside of her tent. She slowly made her way out, making sure Billy didn’t see her, as he packed up their equipment and moved it outside to the act trolley.

“Hello?” Maria whispered. Suddenly, from behind her Michael covered her mouth with one hand and wrapped his arm around her tiny waist, picking her up lightly and moving her a few feet away before lowering her and stepping away. “Michael?! What are you still doing here?”

“I have a plan to get you away from Billy Bob.” Michael answered in a whisper.

“What?”

“Maria. If I can get you away, will you come back with me.”

“What?” Maria questioned in confusion. “Michael you’re crazy.” Maria diagnoised as she shook her head in disbelief.

“Would you?” Michael repeated, unable to shake the enchanting attraction he felt for her.

“Why are you doing this?” Maria questioned confounded by his actions and dedication.

“Because of this.” Michael answered, pulling out the bent Lovers tarot card and showed it to her. Maria traced her fingertips over the creases of the card caused by being in Michael’s back pocket, placed a kiss on the center of the card and handed it back to him.

“Yes.” Maria answered finally in desperation and felt Michael’s lips press up against hers quickly.

“Then believe in me when I say, I’ll come back for you.” Michael declared as he placed his thumb ring in the center of Maria’s palm and kissed her one last time before he ran into the night, leaving Maria clutching on to his ring and to hope.

“I’ll be waiting.” Maria whispered and then moved back in her tent.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 5

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Song: Right or Wrong by Titiyo

<center>Chapter 5: Comedy and Tragedy

Trio's House

Max's Room
</center>

You're playing with fire
I'm getting oh so tired
You need to slow down
You're spinning me around

“Mmm...Max.” Liz moaned when she felt him rub her thigh as they kissed frantically on his bed.

“This has to be a dream.” Max exhaled and then returned to explore Liz mouth, feeling her tiny hands roam all over his back and her tongue snake its way into his mouth and dance with his.

You're playing with fire
You're a good good liar
I need to hold on
I've got to be strong

“Mmm.” Liz moaned again, loving how sweet he tasted but was a bit disappointed at the same time that he was hesitating to explore her as she was doing so freely with him.

She swallowed her timidness with him and took his hand that was at her side and dragged it up her side to cup her breast, opening her eyes to see that he did as well, and smiled, not breaking their kiss and removed her hand when she felt him take control.

“Ugh.” Max huffed as he was being tormented by feeling both skin and material as he affectionately tightened his hold on her breast and tormented her back as he brushed his thumb on the tips of her breast, getting an erotic moan from her inside his mouth.

“Take it off.” Liz whispered in between their kiss.

“What?” Max questioned sitting up.

I've gotta fight 'cause
If loving you is wrong
I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong
I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong
I don't wanna be right

Liz stood up on her knees with a smile and lifted her arms seducing for Max to remove her shirt. Max hesitated at first, but then obeyed when he saw an insecure look in Liz’s eye with fear that he may not want to be with her, and quickly tried to erase all doubt, tossing her shirt to the side and leaving her in her a thin black spaghetti strapped sports bra.

Max’s arms wrap around her tiny waist as she brushed the sides of his face, gazing at him in innocent wonder and planting light kisses on his lips.

Make me go go higher
I need to hold on
I've gotta be strong

“I like when you kiss me.” Liz confessed and kissed him softly as he looked up at her.

“I like when you kiss me too.” Max replied as Liz caressed the sides of his face.

And i gotta fight

“Michael’s not gonna let me be with you, is he?” Liz asked with sudden sadness that spread over Max’s face as well.

“I don’t think so.” Max answered truthfully and began brushing her hair back from streaming on them.

“Why? Why can’t I be with you?” Liz asked, tracing her finger on the bridge of his nose and on his lower lip.

“Because it’s wrong. You’re my best friends little sister.” Max reminded, lowering a strap from her bra and kissing her bare shoulder.

“If it’s wrong, why does it feel so right?” Liz asked as she tilted her head back, enjoying the feeling of Max’s lips on her skin.

If loving you is wrong
I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong
I don't wanna be right
If loving you is wrong
I don't wanna be right
I just wanna be right by your side

“I have no idea. I just...can’t...think when I’m around you.” Max confessed, kissed a line on her neck and lowered her back on her back and laid on top of her. “You’re so beautiful.” Max admitted, brushing her wild hair away from face to see her smile and then kissed her again. “Happy real-Birthday.” He whispered when he heard his watch beep it was a new hour.

“Thanks.” Liz murmured, feeling Max lower her other strap to kiss her shoulder and giggled when he nibbled on her ear and neck.

And i need a reason to believe you
And you need a reason to receive me
I really hope I'm wrong
I don't wanna be right

Max suddenly stopped and lifted his head up on alert.

“What? What is it?” Liz asked, resting on her elbows as Max sat up and placed his pointing finger over her lip so he could listen better. Then he heard it again, the sound of jingling keys.

“Michael’s here!” He exclaimed and jumped off the bed, watching Liz scrabble off as well.

“Where’s my shirt? Where’s my shirt?” Liz asked frantically and then spotted it on the floor, picked it up and put it on.

“I’m–sorry.” Max apologized in between kisses when Liz’s head popped out of her shirt.

“Mmm...it’s okay.” Liz said holding the sides of his face as she kissed him quick and then ran off to her room, leaving his door wide opened.

Max quickly turned on his lamp, grabbed a motorcycle magazine from the floor and sat on his bed, hearing the front door open and then the deadbolt turning, followed by footsteps up the stairs and in the direction of his room.

“Max?” Michael called out as he looked in.

“You’re back.” Max greeted.

“Yeah, I’m gonna go check on Liz.” Michael notified him and then proceeded to Liz’s room to find her still sleeping in her bed.

He crept back to Max’s room and grabbed the basketball that was on the floor and began to twirl it nervously.

“Is something wrong?” Max asked, putting the magazine to the side.

“I’ve met someone.” Michael blurted out, not knowing how else to start explaining what was happening to him.

“Really? Wow, that’s great man. Who?” Max asked happy for his friend. Neither of them had ever gone out with a girl before, mostly keeping themselves distant from them to avoid bringing them into the disaster they used to call life. “It was that Isabel chick wasn’t it?” Max guessed.

“Nah, it’s not her.” Michael answered, shaking his head. “You’ve never met her before.” Michael informed him and then sat down at the end of the bed. “It’s weird. I just met her and I just can’t stop thinking about her. Like now, I’m thinking about her right now. What’s wrong with me?” Michael questioned letting the basketball roll to the corner of the room and then held his head in confusion.

“Sounds like you’re in love man.” Max replied patting Michael on the back. Seeing a nugget of hope that maybe Michael would understand that’s exactly how he feels towards Liz.

Maybe this new girl would be the answer that he and Liz were looking for, so Michael could accept them as a couple.

<center>Carnival of Souls</center>

“Hey Princess.” Sweet Tart greeted Maria from the back entrance of Maria’s tent.

“Hey.” Maria sighed.

“Saw your Prince Charming outside.” Sweet Tart informed her pointing out the tent exit with his thumb.

“Michael?” Maria asked, jumping to look out the tent exit, happy that Michael was still around.

“I meant Billy.” Sweet Tart answered as he pulled out a thin red balloon and stretched it.

“Oh.” Maria spoke in disappointment and then returned to her seat.

“But I can understand the mix up.” He added before taking in a breath and then blowing into the neck of the balloon.

“It’s him, I know it is. I has to be.” Maria prayed in desperation.

“Can I ask a question?” He asked, looking to Maria, to see her nod, and then tied the end of the lean balloon to make sure the air wouldn’t escape. “How do you know? How do you know it’s him?”

“Cause I...I fell it.” Maria replied in a dreamy state as she placed her hand on her heart. “I felt it the moment he walked in the tent. I felt it the moment I kissed him.” She declared as she touched her lips with her fingertips, closing her eyes to remember the moment.

“He must of felt it too.” Sweet Tart informed her. When she opened her eyes, Sweet Tart was holding the balloon shaped into a heart and handed it to her.

“What do you mean?” Maria asked with a smile as she took the balloon in gratitude.

“He’s gonna keep in touch with you, by me, and when you get far away from Roswell...” He paused, digging in his pockets and pulled out three small red balls “....he’s gonna come get you so Billy won’t suspect you came back here.” The clown notified her as he began to juggle the three balls.

“That’s crazy.” Maria stated, trying to control her glowing smile.

“No, "he’s" crazy...for you that is.” Sweet Tart pointed out and then walked away, giving her a mischievous look.

“Michael. Michael. Michael.” Maria sighed as she laid back on the stage and hugged her balloon. “Michael.”

“Michael?” A voice questioned, making Maria sit up fast to see Billy standing by the main entrance of the tent.

“Billy! I, uh...” Maria stuttered in shock.

“Yeah, I heard you. Michael. Michael. Michael.” He imitated her in rage and walk to her with dark intentions.

“Billy, I....” Before Maria could even explain, Billy smacked her with the back of his hand, making Maria fall off the stage from how strong the hit was.

“Whore.” Billy cursed.

“No. Billy.” Maria cried as she scrabbled back, not breaking her fearing eye contact with Billy.

“Let’s go.” Billy commanded, pulling Maria up from her arm, rough enough to know he’d leave bruises, and then pulled her out the tent.

<center>Trio House

Max’s Room
</center>

“Love?” Michael questioned Max’s last words, looking as pensive as he had ever been as he paced around the room. “No way. I just met her.”

“That didn’t stop you from going in the middle of the night to see her...cause that is where you went right?” Max theorized and getting a small nod from Michael that he was right.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” Michael stressed as he sat back down on the bed. “When I got there, I was ready to shove this Billy guy’s guitar up his ass for her...I even asked her to stay with me.”

“You what?” Max questioned surprised.

“I told her I wanted her to leave with me. So I guess in ‘chic talk’ that means move in with me.” Michael answered. “All because of fucking Miss Cleo.” Michael cursed, standing again and moving to Max’s fish tank to tap on the glass, scaring all the fishes away.

“Miss Cleo was there?” Max asked surprised, thinking she should’ve been doing 3 to 5 for fraud.

“Nah, some flake...Madame Vivian.” Michael snorted and pulled out the tarot card she gave him from his back pocket to examine it.

“She took you to a fortune teller?” Max asked in a laugh and ending up getting flicked off by Michael, making him laugh even more. “What did she tell you?”

“To ‘believe in the love’.” Michael answered with a noticeable tone of attitude.

“Believe in the love? What does that mean?”

“Exactly!” Michael thanked, glad that someone else couldn’t decipher Madame Vivian’s message.

“So who’s this guy Billy?” Max asked, noticing Michael cracking his knuckles at the sound of Billy’s name.

“Some prick that’s about two minutes away from seeing my foot up his ass.” Michael declared.

“What did he say to you?” Max questioned, wondering what Billy did to get Michael so riled up.

“I never met the guy.” Michael answered and got a quizzical look from Max, knowing he was probably thinking why he had such hatred for a guy he never met. “He hits her, man.” Michael announced, seeing Max taken back by the news. “Now I may do a lot of dumb shit...”

“A lot.” Max added, nodding in agreement.

“Point is, hitting a woman...it’s low. You’re not a man in my book if you do some crap like that.” Michael stated and took a step forward. “I mean, can you imagine a guy hitting Liz?”

“Oh, I’d kill him.” Max answered quickly, seeing Michael get surprised by his reaction. “I mean we-we both would.” He coughed and then moved over to check on his fish.

“Damn right we would. We almost did too.” Michael replied, referring to Hank, and then shoved his hands in his pockets as he thought back on Maria and the condition he found her in.

“Thinking about Hank?” Max questioned, noticing Michael’s pensive expression.

“Maria.”

“So she has a name.” Max said with a smile.

“Man, I should have taken her away when I had the chance.” Michael exclaimed, kicking himself mentally for letting the opportunity pass.

“You still can.” Max suggested with a sly smirk.

“You comin’?” Michael asked, hyping himself up.

“Who else is gonna watch your back?” Max asked rhetorically and then grabbed a black t-shirt that has hanging on his closet door knob and then looked around for his shoes.

“I better get Liz.” Michael announce.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll get her. You go start the car.” Max suggested.

Michael nodded and bolted down the stairs as Max twisted into his tied gym shoes.

<center>Liz’s Room</center>

Max crept in quietly, seeing Liz for what he determined to be either pretending to be asleep or really being asleep, and laid on top of her, kissing her softly on the lips and nuzzling his nose on the crook of her neck.

“Liz. Wake up.” Max whispered.

“Mmm mmm.” Liz denied.

“Liz.” Max whispered again.

“If I wake up, you won’t really be here.” Liz confessed, refusing to open her eyes. Max smiled on how sweet she was and leaned down to kiss her, not knowing the kiss would intensify with tongue action.

‘Beep-Beep!!!’

Max broke off their kiss when he heard the loud honk of Michael’s Convertible and sighed in disappointment that they had to leave.

“Come on. We gotta go.” He told her as he climbed off her and removed the covers from on top of her to reveal her sleeping in her underwear. “Uh, you sleep in your underwear?” Max gulped, deep in blush mode.

“No.” Liz answered, getting up and wrapping her arms around him and standing on her tippy-toes in order to kiss him. “But my birthday wish was for you to sneak into bed with me...but I can sleep like this if you like.” Liz offered with a raised eyebrow and smile.

“Mmm hmmm.” Max agreed as he connected there lips together again, only to hear Michael honking again.

'BBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP. BBBBBBBBBBBEEEPPPPPPP!!!!!!!’

“We better go.” Liz advised and moved to get her clothes.

<center>Carnival of Souls

Maria's Tent
</center>

“Maria?!” Michel called out as he looked around her tent, while Max and Liz waited by the entrance. “Maria?!”

“She’s gone.” A voice spoke in the shadows.

“Where is she?” Michael asked, squinting his eyes to try and see who it was.

“Billy took her.” The voice replied. Michael watched as the man stepped out of the shadows and reveal it was Sweet Tart bleeding from his lip and nose.

“What the hell happened?” Michael asked, surprised by the clowns state.

“He took her.” Sweet Tart repeated.

“Where?!” Michael asked grabbing on to Sweet Tarts clown suit.

“I don’t know.” Sweet Tart whimpered.Michael stared at him for a moment, stunned by the news, and then finally let go, watching the clown scurry off in fear.

“Michael?” Max called out, noticing Michael frozen in place.

“She’s gone.” Michael whispered spiritless as finally accepted the fact that the woman he was falling for...the blond stranger....Maria...had vanished.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 6

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 6: Pizza Planet

Trio House

Michael's Room</center>

‘Maria. If I could get you away, would you come back with me?’

‘What? Michael, you’re crazy.’

Michael started to consider the possibilities of his sanity slipping away. It had been almost two weeks since the carnival and her presence still lingered around him.

He avoid Liz as much as he could, knowing she was concerned for him, but didn’t know how to explain it to her because she was too young to understand what he was feeling.

Max on the other hand never brought it up again, knowing that was exactly how Michael wanted it.

Even though he never talked about it...about her...she was everywhere. He bought the Evanescence CD only to hear the song that Maria covered the night he first saw her, unable to sleep if he didn’t hear the song that was just a substitute for her jazzy voice.

‘Would you?’

‘Why are you doing this?’

‘Because of this.’

That damn card that started it all. He found himself going everywhere and anywhere with that tarot card of the Lovers, kissing the image that was marked by her lips and when he was alone, wishing that it was her instead.

‘Yes.’

‘Then believe me when I say, I’ll come back for you.’

But he didn’t. The guilt consumed him. Questions of ‘why’ roamed his head day and night of why he didn’t take her then? Or why hadn’t he met her before? Why?

Suddenly his brooding thoughts were put on hold when he heard Liz laughing downstairs. Max suggested that he’d pick up some comedy videos and order a pizza, but he didn’t feel up to it as much as they obviously did.

<center>Living Room</center>

“Hilarious.” Max commented, sitting on the floor with his back against the couch and his arms wrapped around Liz, who’s head was resting on his chest while she laid between his legs.

‘Uh, you can’t be suicidal if you’re singing show tunes. Look at you you’re not even depressed.’ Cooper Fredrickson yells in distress to Matt Noonan.

‘Yes I am. Look at me. I’m very fucking depressed.’

‘Ah, you fucking poser!’

‘Hey, man. I am not a poser.’

‘Auu! You’re not even British!’

Both Liz and Max started laughing hard when they watched the interaction between the characters college party animal, Cooper, and the British goth-rocker Matt, from the movie Dead Man On Campus, which was one of Max and Liz’s favorite movies.

“Aww, man. You’re brother doesn’t know what he’s missing.” Max laughed as he tossed two Cracker Jacks caramel popcorn clusters in his mouth.

“Yeah, I don’t think he’ll want to be here to watch you cop a feel every time you reach for the Cracker Jacks.” Liz giggled as she leaned her head to the side to see Max smiling sheepishly.

“It was an accident.” He quickly defends.

“Yeah?” Liz questions in disbelief as Max’s lips inch closer and closer to her.

“Yeah.” He answers and starts kissing her.

‘Ding. Ding.’

“Uh.” Max groaned on the interruption.

“Pizza.” Liz cheered as hopped up, waiting for Max to give her some money and then bolted to the door.

“Evans?” The delivery guy asked, but then recognized Liz from school. “Liz?”

“Scottie?” Liz answered surprised and hugged him, grabbing Max’s attention at the sound of them discussing more than pizza.

“Was it more than what I gave you?” Max questioned curiously as he walked towards the door.

“Oh no, Max, this is Scottie. We have English Lit. together. Scottie this is Max, my...” Liz trailed off not knowing how to introduce Max.

“Her boyfriend.” Max finished off taking the delivery from Liz’s hands.

“Um yeah. Max, my boyfriend.” Liz re-introduced with a glowing smile across her face.

“Cool.” Scottie answered. “Well, see ya at school.” He waved off.

“Bye.” Liz waved and then closed the door to follow Max into the living room. “So...if you’re my boyfriend....” Liz spoke with a blush, rocking innocently towards him and then tugged on his belt hoop to pull him closer to her “...that would make me your....”

“Girlfriend.” Max answered, wrapping his arms around her waist.

“So, when you’re at work and some girl comes up to....”

“I walk past her and come home to my gorgeous, intelligent, ‘girlfriend’ and kiss her like this.” Max answered, leaning down and embracing her into a kiss.

“Mmm, good answer...but you taste like sausage and pepperoni which is make me hungry.” Liz whined playfully with a pout.

“Well, let’s eat and then we can get back to our conversation.” Max suggested but not moving an inch.

“Okay, well, I’m gonna call Michael to eat. He’ll probably want to watch Austin Powers, it’s his fav.” Liz said pulling away casually as Max tapped her lightly on her bottom and watched her walk away before kneeling down in front of the coffee table to pick his slice of pizza.

“Michael? Pizza’s here.” Liz announced as she knocked and slowly opened the door to find her brother staring up at the ceiling while he listen to Evanescence.

“I’m not hungry.” Michael answered in a sigh without looking at Liz.

“What’s wrong Michael?” Liz asked as she climbed in his bed and snuggled close to him. “You’re sad about that Maria girl aren’t you?” She asked but didn’t get an answer from him. Liz just sighed and continued he one-on-one talk with him. “Michael, if you really like this girl, why don’t you just go look for her?”

“Where? She could be in bumble-fuck for all I know.” Michael snapped in defeat.

“Well, you could talk to the clown again.” Liz suggested, hearing Michael’s quick heartbeat echo throughout his chest.

“The carnival is gone already.” He answered sadly. “The chances of me finding her again are as big as me finding Sasquash.”

“You really like her don’t you?”

“Yeah, Liz. I really do.” Michael answered, not able to deny what clearly was already noticeable.

“Michael, I understand exactly how you feel.” Liz declared feeling that since Michael was in love, it would be the perfect time to tell him about Max.

“What?” Michael questioned confused, sitting up with her following, looking back at him with a glitter in her eye and a pinkish glow around her cheeks.

“To be in love. To wake up everyday thinking about that person and praying for it to be night so you could dream of of being with them. To love someone and now they love you back, it’s...”

“Liz, who are you talking about?” Michael asked shaking his head not hiding the anger her confession was causing him.

“Nothing. Never mind.” Liz answered, shaking her head as she bit her lip in disappointment and moved to the door. “Are you gonna eat?” Liz asked bitterly as she stood by the door with her hand on her hip.

“Later.” Michael answered, mystified by her sudden mood changed and shrugged it off when he assumed it was ‘that time of the month’.

“Fine.” Liz mumbled and then slammed his door shut, speeding down the stairs and into the living room.

<center>Living Room</center>

“What happened?” Max asked when he noticed Liz coming back in tears and running into his arms.

“I can never tell him.” Liz cried as she felt Max smoothing out her hair softly with his hands as hers hugged him tightly.

‘Verrrr. Verrrr.’

Michael watched as his vibrating phone shook about the table and made all the change that was on the table vibrate as well.

“Hello?” Michael answered.

‘Is this Michael? Michael Guerin?’

“Yeah, who’s this?” Michael questioned, not recognizing the voice.

‘It’s me...Sweet Tart.’

Michael literally jumped of the bed at the sound of the clowns name, completely forgetting he had given him his number as a way of communication in his previous plan to rescue Maria.

‘I take it from your silence that you remember.’

“Where are you?” Michael questioned, hearing distinct noises that made him assume that Sweet Tart was by a road.

‘But a few miles away from the apple of your eye.’

“What? Like New York.”

‘El Paso, genius.’

“She’s there?”

‘In a rundown motel called “La Mosca Azul”, “the Blue Fly”. But she ain’t alone kid.’

“Yeah, thanks a lot, Bozo.”

‘That’s Sweet....’

Michael hung up quickly, not giving Sweet Tart that chance to correct him and bolted down the stairs to tell Max.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 7

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Song: Mike Love, Not War by Oranger

<center>Chapter 7: Bullets and Love

Trio House

Living Room
</center>

“Max!” Michael calls out as he rushes into the living room, hearing the theme song of Austin Powers, but doesn’t see him nor Liz anywhere in sight.

‘Too Roo Roo Roo Dun Too Roo Roo Dun’

“Liz?” He calls out, moving back to the corridor where the stairs are, expecting Liz to answer back with attitude but only hears the video.

‘Boys. Sometimes a girl just needs one. Get nasty. Boys. To love her and to hold. Get nasty.’ Britney Spears sings.

‘Oops. I did it again, baby.’ Austin Powers chuckles when she blows up.

His excited smile faded slowly, unable to find anyone to break the news with and then slowly dragged his feet to the kitchen with his hands in his pockets. When he reached the refrigerator, he spotted a note under a clown magnet, with heart-shaped patterns on his suit, that Liz got from the carnival.

‘We’ll be right back.’

The note read. Clearly it had been written by Liz, since the “i” in “right” had been dotted by an angry smilie, bringing him to the conclusion that she was still pissed. What perfect timing he had to make his sister mad. The time he needed her the most to plot a way to get to El Paso and to the Blue Fly motel to get Maria back…back into his life. He only hoped that Liz and Max wouldn’t be gone too long. That it’ll interfere with him getting to Maria in time.

<center>Park</center>

“Are you okay?” Max asked concerned as he and Liz strolled through the park hand–in–hand.

“Yeah, just sad.” Liz answered in a sigh.

“Look Liz. I was just thinking. Why don’t we just tell your brother about us? I mean the worst thing he could do is disown you and kill me, right?” He joked, ended up being pushed away and then pulled back by Liz as she giggled. “Mission accomplished.” Max spoke, pulling her in front of him so he could wrap his arms around her from behind as they continued to walk the jogging path.

“Oh, yeah what mission would that be?” Liz asked with a fresh smile, as she spun in his arms to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she walked backwards with his arms tightly around her waist.

“Operation Make Liz Smile.” Max answered with a smile of his own as he Eskimo kissed her with their foreheads connected.

“Hmm, well, that mission would’ve succeeded no matter what, cause I can’t stop smiling whenever I’m with you.” Liz confessed sincerely before softly kissing Max. The soft kisses evolved into a deeper sensual kiss that had their tongues drinking of each others happiness and quiet moans. “Mmm, Max…I have to…ask you…” Liz murmured huskily in between kisses.

“Ask me what?” Max asked seductively.

“Evans?” A man called out, out of breath. Max could have sworn he heard a record scratching in soundtrack to the rude interruption aside from his groan which made Liz grin.

“Lincoln?” Max answered more surprised than the man.

“What a surprise. I never seen you here before.” Lincoln commented as he placed his hands on his hips, allowing the sweat to drip from his forehead and build up in V-formation by the collar and underneath the short sleeves, as he looked from Max to Liz which led to awkward silence, that ended by Liz clearing her throat.

“Yeah…um…sorry. Peter Lincoln this is my girlfriend…”

“Liz Guerin.” Liz completed the introduction, extending her hand and shaking Lincoln’s firmly.

“Guerin?” Lincoln repeated shocked. “As in Michael Guerin?” He asked pointing to Liz.

“Yeah, he’s my brother.” Liz answered with a confused giggle and then looked to Max, who closed his eyes as he shook his head and then looked back to Lincoln, who had a smile plastered on his face and the to Liz, who was now even more confused by his reaction. “What?” She asked softly.

“Um, Lincoln works with us at G&R.” Max informed her as he held the bridge of his nose and then looked to her to see she picked up on what he was getting at.

“Oh.” Liz answered stunned, looking to Lincoln, who still maintained his sly grin. She did it this time. She was so caught up in Max introducing her as his girlfriend to an acquaintance, that she barely paid attention to the guys name. Mentally kicking herself, she saw the domino effect this moment was about to cause. When the three of them meet again at work, Lincoln would tell Michael and Michael would come after Max and probably lock Liz in her room, away from “guys-with-one-tracked-minds” infested world, like Michael so subtly put it.

“You never told us that you were going out with Michael’s little sister.” Lincoln laughed, ecstatic that he found out.

“Um, that’s because we haven’t told anyone.” Max answered, pronouncing each word carefully so Lincoln could catch his drift.

“Yeah. Right.” Lincoln laughed before he jogged off quickly, before Max could warn him not to tell.

“Oops.” Liz finally spoke, looking at her stressed boyfriend and hugged him in support. “We’ll be okay.” She assures him. Max could help but doubt that. Come Thursday, he would soon find out what Lincoln had decided to do with the new information…that’s if he decides to keep it in that long.

<center>Trio Home</center>

“Where have you guys been?” Michael asks, jumping off the couch and rushing to the door when he saw them enter.

“I needed to burn off some steam on account that my brother is a stubborn jerk.” Liz answered as she hooked her denim jacket on the coat rack and then moved into the living room, to see that the Austin Powers movie was almost done.

‘We have his fauger.’ Golden Member announced.

‘I’m sorry. His what?’ Dr. Evil questioned not understanding his thick accent.

‘You know, his fauger. His dad.’

‘Oh, you mean his FA-ther. Fa-ther.’

“What’s up?” Max asked, noticing Michael was preoccupied with something other than where they were.

“That clown called me…about Maria.” Michael informed them, unable to hide his emotions to the good news.

“Where is she?” Max asked as he entered the living room at sat at the edge of the couch, on the opposite end to Liz, with his hands folded and his elbows on his knees, watching Michael as he pushed the pizza box back and sat on the coffee table, facing the two of them.

“She’s in El Paso.” Michael answered.

“El Paso?” Max repeated.

“Yeah, in some flea-bag motel.” Michael retorted, not happy at all for the distance or the location Billy had dragged her to.

“I’m assuming with Billy Bob, right?”

“Yeah.” Michael answered and then looked over to Liz who had her jaw clenched tight and her arms crossed, which brought more attention than her shoeless feet that were on the couch and snuggled behind Max for warmth.

“So what are we gonna do?” Max asked, getting Michael’s attention again, since he knew Michael was telling him for a reason…to plan a rescue mission for his best friend’s mystery girl.

“I’m going to El Paso.” Michael declared, noticing Liz’s head snap in his direction from the corner of his eye.

“Okay, so how do ‘we’ get there?” Max asked, emphasizing on the ‘we’ to finalize Max’s involvement.

“It’s what, six? If we leave now, we can get there by 11P.M.” Michael calculated as he looked at his wrist watch.

“Let’s go then.” Max declared as he stood up, leaving Liz with a pout that she no longer had the warmth of Max’s back and bottom, on her feet.

“Wait…” Michael replied and then looked over to Liz.

“If you think I’m not coming, you’re about a minute away from getting a slap to the head.” Liz threatened as she planted her feet on the carpet and then scooted to the edge of the cushion to put on her gym shoes again.

“Liz, this could be dangerous. I mean…look what he did to the clown.” Michael cautioned her.

“Yeah, and I’m going to make sure he doesn’t do the same to my brother and my…um…friend.” Liz’s declaration went from bold to a murmur when it came time to acknowledge Max in front of Michael.

“Um, let’s go.” Max quickly demanded as he moved to the front door, trying to cover Liz’s pause.

“Wait. Max.” Michael called out, giving Max a look to wait as he jogged up the stairs and entered his room.

“Two times.” Max warned Liz with a nervous smile.

“I’m sorry.” Liz whispered as she bit on her lip, causing Max to smile as he shook his head and pulled her to him, stealing a quick kiss while Michael rummaged upstairs in his closet. Liz pulled away when she heard the commotion stop and turned back to the coat rack to grab her denim jacket again and try and conceal her flushed face until she could regain control of herself to face Michael. “Michael?” Liz gasped when she saw him loading a clip into a Desert Eagle .50 and cocking it.

“Like I said. We don’t know how dangerous it’ll be.” Michael answers as he tipped the gun before shoving it behind his pants.

“Michael, I’ve seen you fight. Why do you need a gun?” Liz questioned nervous at the idea of her brother carrying a gun, let alone the thought of how long it’s been hidden in the house.

“For protection.” Michael answered casually.

“Protection? Protection from what?” Liz asked, not understanding fully what Michael was trying to say that would justify his purchase.

“Look, a few months ago, on our way to work, Max and me got into a fight.”

“A fight?” Liz repeated, looking over to Max who had a hand on his waist while the other rubbed his face in frustration. “What fight?” Liz asked skeptically, clearly letting her voice display her anger heightening.

“It was a stupid fight. No big deal.” Michael shrugged, not seeing the importance of arguing over something that happened months ago.

“Wait. Let me get this straight.” Liz held out her hand for him to stop and then placed it on her hip while the other pinched the bridge of her nose. “You two…” She said pointing back and forth to Max and Michael. “Got in a fight…on your way to work? Is that it?” Liz asked getting a nod only from Michael. “And you really expect me to believe that?”

“Okay, so maybe it was a bar fight.” Michael quickly confessed.

“Bar fight!” Liz exclaimed.

“It’s not a big deal, so stop turning it into to one.” Michael spoke, getting annoyed by her reaction and regretted not loading the gun upstairs, away from her view.

“Michael, buying a gun because of some bar fight makes it a big deal.” Liz explained. “I don’t want to know that something happened to the two guys in my life, that I love with all my heart, because of some idiotic bar fight.” Liz proclaimed as her voice started to shake. Michael sighed, taking in Liz’s speech and waved for her to come to him, pulling her into a hug.

“You’re right. I’m sorry.” Michael apologized as he kissed the top of her head. “I love you too.” Michael replied, kissing her head again and then pulled away.

“Idiot.” Liz vocalized as she smacked Michael on the side of the head.

“Oww.” Michael winced as he rubbed the side of his head.

“Aww.” Max teased again on the brother/sister moment.

“Bite me.” Michael remarked as he flashed Max the finger as he headed for the door. “Max fought too.” Michael advertised as he stepped out, making sure if he was about to get the third degree, that Max was sure as hell gonna endure it with him, after all what are best friends for right?

“Oww.” Max winced as Liz smacked Max on the arm before walking out the door, only to receive a soft tap on her butt as she walked out, from Max, who was flashing her a mischievous smile that he was getting from her in return for his daring and enticing move an proceeded to his jeep after locking up.

<center>La Mosca Azul</center>

“Go get cleaned up.” Billy orders as he climbs of a frozen Maria, who was staring at the green front door to their run-down room, and sits against the bed as he lights his cigarette, waving the match to turn off and then picked up the remote to change the channel.

Maria quietly wrapped the thins sheet around her and moved to the small bathroom desolated.

<center>Bathroom</center>

Maria twisted the hot water knob in the shower, hearing the pipes bang before the water came leaking from the adjustment and sprinkling from the shower head, and then stepped inside. Once she was in and shielded by the sound of the pounding pipes and water, Maria squatted down, hugging her knees without sitting on the shower floor, that was missing half the tiny octagon tiles, before she began to whimper in disgust.

Mike love floats over the ocean
Mike love floats over the sea
Mike love floats over the rooftops
Please send Mike love back to me

“Michael.” She called out in a small cry of defeat and distress, releasing her tight grip from her knees and began to scrub her body frantically with soap and her nails, struggling to erase any trace of Billy from her until her skin turned red from the rough scrubbing. Crying even more she threw the soap at the drain of the shower, squatted again and covered her face as the water veiled her.

Could you be all I wanted to know?
Could you be all I wanted to know?

Could you be someone else I know?
Could you be someone else I know?

“Maria. Don’t waste all the fucking hot water.” Billy warned from the outer room. “Do you hear me?” He shouted. Maria rose to her feet, wiping away her tears and tried to compose herself before answering. “Do you hear me?” He repeated vulgarly.

“Yes. I hear you Billy.” Maria answered emotionless and then turned off the water.

Mike love floats over the ocean
Mike love floats over the sea
Mike love floats over the rooftops

Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 8

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Song: Back To You by Faith Hill
Song: Going Under by Evanescence

<center>Chapter 8: A Hero's Song

Max’s Jeep</center>

“Okay, so what’s your plan?” Liz asked Michael from the back seat of the jeep. Michael just continued looking out his side of the car, which only made Liz more worried. “You do have a plan right?” Liz asked, but still getting no answer from him, this only made her come up with the conclusion that he didn’t have one and was just acting on impulse, which made the rescue mission even more dangerous than what she thought.

“I haven’t planned that far ahead.” Michael answered giving Max a look to help him think of a plan while Liz glared a hole on the side of his head.

“Michael!” She exclaimed in disbelief of his spontaneous crusade. Michael just shot her a “what” look that was also given with his hand, not understanding her sudden rush of panic. “So, what were you planning to do, exactly? Bust in every room waving your gun around until you find her?”

“Okay, so now we have a plan.” Michael answered sarcastically, hearing Max snort a laugh and then coughed himself back to being serious when he saw Liz glare at him from the rear view mirror.

“That’s-not-funny.” Liz declared, pronouncing each word as she arched her eyebrow and crossed her arms to show him she wasn’t amused.

“We can pay the desk clerk to tell us what room she’s in.” Max suggested.

“That’s if he’s seen her.” Liz rebuttals. “Motels like that have a night manager and a day manger. And we don’t even know if she was with him when he got the room.”

“Well, if you’re so smart, then you think of something.” Michael snorts as he holds on to the top bar of the jeep when Max turned a hard right into the highway.

“Ok.” Liz answered biting her lip as she thought.

“Du nu nu nu…du nu nu…du nu nu nu” Michael timed her with the Jeopardy theme song.

Max looked at Liz through the rear view mirror and smiled on how cute she looked when she was pensive, getting a smile in return when she caught his gaze.

“Errrr. Times up Einstein.” Michael announced after making a loud buzzard noise.

“I got something.” Liz answered scooting up closer to talk between the driver and passenger seat.

“Why don’t you have your seat belt on?” Michael questioned, getting Max’s attention when he noticed how close she was when she rested her arms on their seats.

“Because I’m protected enough with your gun right?” Liz answered sarcastically, arching her eyebrow as she flashed him a cocky smile.

“Don’t be a smart ass okay.” Michael warned tipping his head.

“You know you love it when I’m a smart ass…”

“Yeah, because it reminds him of himself.” Max laughed.

“Don’t encourage her Maxwell.” Michael warned and then flinched when Liz’s hands cupped his face. “Hey…” He exclaimed when Liz pulled his head closer to her so she could plant a raspberry on his cheek before returning to her seat laughing. “Oh, you’re so dead.” Michael quickly removed his seat belt, turned around and cupped Liz’s face, making her scream in laughter when he returned the raspberry.

“I’m gonna get pulled over.” Max laughed as he watched them from the rear view mirror, seeing Liz slouched on the back seat and with her cheeks turning red.

“Ugh! Michael! You slobbered on me!” She exclaimed in disgust, wiping her cheek as Michael returned to his seat laughing. “That’s gross.”

“Collateral damage, Sis, so suck it up.” Michael answered with a smile and then turned to look out his side. Still hearing Max and Liz laughing, his smile slowly disappeared when he remembered where it was they were going…to save Maria. The blond mystery woman that engraved herself in his mind and in his heart when she kissed him. Everything soon became mute, everything but the memory of her jazzy voice singing. Pulling out an small, oval, silver pendant of a Saint, a pendant Liz had given to him for luck when he was applying in G&R, and kissed the engraved image before holding it tightly, hoping and praying to find Maria.

<center>La Mosca Azul</center>

Maria dug frantically in her bag for an extra pair of batteries for her Disc-man that was flashing a battery with a slash over it on the tiny screen. Spotting two Energizer batteries rolling to the side when she lifted a few of her shirts, she picked them up, turned her Disc-man over and popped out the two batteries that were inside the compartment with the red ribbon and inserted the new ones as she cuddled up in the small space between the wall and nightstand, popping in a new CD. Once the music started to play, she skipped the CD to it’s second track and rested her head on the wall as she reminisced about Michael, Sweet Tart, and Madame Vivian.

I'm lying in dirt watching these shadows dancing across the walls
Nothing to do but think of you and count the tears that fall
Oh how I wish it was real
I wish I could feel you holding me close
Oh I think I know for sure
I should've never let you go

I would walk the world across the sea
A journey beyond the moon
I'll try anything go anywhere
To find my way back to you

</center>~Flashback of Michael~</center>

“Wait, when will I see you again?”

“You won’t. We can’t.”

“No.”

“Michael. Go.”

“I’m not leaving without you.”

<center>~End Flashback~
</center>

I still don't understand the reason
I think I was just afraid (what can I say)
All I can do is to face the truth
And deal with the mess that I made
Now what I want is a chance to take it back and go home like this oh
Ever since we said goodbye
We have been lost in loneliness

I would walk the world across the sea
A journey beyond the moon
Now baby I was wrong now that you're gone
The only thing left to do is spend every day try every way

<center>~Flashback of Sweet Tart~</center>

“Can I ask a question? How do you know? How do you know it’s him?”

“Cause I...I fell it. I felt it the moment he walked in the tent. I felt it the moment I kissed him.”

“He must of felt it too.”

<center>~End Flashback~
</center>

I know that I was a fool to push you away
And if you let me back in your life
Baby I swear all my heart and in your arms I will stay

Baby, I would walk the world across the sea
Baby, A journey beyond the moon
Baby I was wrong now that you're gone
The only thing left to do
Is spend every day try every way
Wanna come back to you
Baby, I would walk the world across the sea
Back to you
Back to you
Find my way back to you
Find my way back to you
Baby I was wrong now that you're gone
Wanna come back to you

<center>~Flashback of Madame Vivian~</center>

“What is it? What do you see?” Maria asked as she pressed her hand against her chest in worry as Madame Vivian focused on her tarot cards she had laid out and then proceeded to draw the last four.

“The Emperor. The World. The Lovers and the.....”

“The...no!” Maria gasped when Madame Vivian turned the card over to show her, the Death Card, a knight in black suit of armor, riding a white horse and holding a black flag. “What does it mean?”

“The day you find love...death will linger right behind it.” Madame Vivian answered, squeezing Maria’s hand for support.

<center>~End Flashback~</center>

Baby I'm gonna find my way back to you, back to you

<center>Max's Jeep
5 hrs later
</center>

“Michael.” Max called out shaking his shoulder to make him snap out of the trans he had been in for the remainder of the ride. “We’re here.”

<center>La Mosca Azul </center>

The Blue Fly. It was exactly what Michael pictured when Sweet Tart mentioned it. An “L” shaped stucco deserted motel with a big neon sign, where only certain letters worked and the rest flickered. If his assumptions were correct, that meant Liz’s were as well, which made him start to doubt her plan now.

“I changed my mind. You’re not doing this.” Michael declared as he tapped lightly on the jeep’s bar above his head and looked around the parking lot to see if he spotted Maria.

“Michael, relax.” Liz said as she raveled her hair and then hopped out of the jeep, finding both Max and Michael surrounding her. “Okay, so I’ll be in and out.” She assured him.

“I don’t like this plan.” Max confessed shooting a worried look to both Michael and Liz.

“Not you too.” Liz sighed shaking her head. “You guys, you can see into the registration office from here, so calm down. If anything happens, which there won’t, you guys can storm in and shoot up the place, okay?” Liz said kissing Michael on the cheek before she ran off to the registration office.

“I really don’t like this plan.” Max repeated as they watched Liz enter the office and begin talking to the manager.

<center>Registration Office</center>

“Can I help you?” The night manager asked as he hawked up some black slimy fluids and spit it in a Styrofoam cup that was beside him.

“Yeah, um, I’m looking for my friend.” Liz answered seductively as she slowly moved over to the desk.

<center>Motel Parking Lot</center>

“What the hell is she doing?” Max groaned in worry as he saw Liz getting closer to the manager.

“Fuck.” Michael cursed paced back and forth by the jeep, watching the manager laugh and stare at Liz and just when he was ready to storm the office, unable to see some dirty old man ogle his little sister, he saw Liz walking out the office with a cocky smile.

“You couldn’t wait 2 minutes could you?” Liz proclaimed as she jogged the rest of the way to him.

“That was like 2 hours.” Michael snorted, looking over her to make sure she was okay.

“We told you to stay by the door.” Max answered with irritation in his voice. Liz just rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her hip as she tapped her foot annoyed on how much little faith they had in her.

“Did you find out what room she’s in?” Michael asked anxiously.

“Room 15.” She answered, seeing relief strike her brother’s face and couldn’t help but feel proud of herself for getting him one step closer to his happiness.

Quickly, but slyly, the three of them crept their way to the room and moved to hide behind a parked car as they discussed what to do next.

“So what’s the plan now?” Max asked as they ducked by a brown Oldsmobile that was parked near the room.

“Find a way to get her out of the room with Billy Bob seeing any of us.” Michael answered.

“Okay, so we need to signal her.” Liz suggested.

“Signal her? She isn’t Batman Liz.” Michael sneered shaking his head at how ridiculous that suggestion sounded.

“Idiot.” Liz retorted as she turned to face the both of them. “Find something she’ll recognize that’ll let her know you’re here.” Liz explained and then paused for a moment to let Michael think. “Anything?”

“Yeah, I think I got something.” Michael announced and then covertly moved back to the jeep.

<center>Room 15</center>

While Billy slept, Maria sat by the radiator with her head tilted to the side as she played random cords on Billy’s guitar, until she found herself playing the tabs for the song that was faintly heard outside of the room.

I dive again

“Michael?” Maria questioned quietly as she placed the guitar beside her and placed her hands on the rough green carpet to push herself up.

“Mmm, where you going?” Billy mumbled as he turned to his side, startling Maria to freeze where she stood.

I’ve got to break through
I’m, going under

“I-I was just about to ask you to get me a pop.” Maria stuttered as she turned the TV on to drown out the music and then moved closer to him.

“The money’s in my jacket.” He murmured covering his eyes with his arm.

“Can’t you go get it?” Maria questioned, trying to reverse psychology him into staying.

“Fuck, Maria. I’m fucking sleeping.” Billy retorted.

“Okay. Okay. I’ll get it myself.” Maria answered, smiling on the inside as she dug in his pocket and grabbed the roll of cash he had in his jacket and shoved it in her jean pocket as she moved to the door. If it was Michael, she needed to make sure Billy couldn’t go anywhere.

“Hold on.” Billy called out just as she turned the knob and opened the door a crack.

So I can’t trust myself anymore

<center>Max’s Jeep</center>

I dive again

“Look.” Liz declared, shutting off the CD player and pointed out the open door.

“It worked.” Michael exhaled in relief and continued to look at the door, seeing that she still show herself, making his smile slowly change to concern. “Somethings’s wrong.” Michael warned in a worried tone.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 9

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 9: A Ride To My Death

Mosca Azul

Room 15
</center>

"Hold on." Billy called out just as she turned the knob and opened the door a crack.

<center>Max’s Jeep</center>

"Look." Liz declared, shutting off the CD player and pointed out the open door.

"It worked." Michael exhaled in relief and continued to look at the door, seeing that she still didn't show herself, making his smile slowly change to concern. "Somethings’s wrong." Michael warned in a worried tone.

<center>Room 15</center>

"Get me a Dr. Pepper." Billy ordered, moving over to the small motel table to get his cigarettes.

"Sure." Maria replied softly in relief, thinking to herself that if she didn't pretend to get more money from his jacket, he would start to suspect her.

Digging in the pocket she had previously dug in, she pretended to shove the extra money in her pocket and then moved back towards the door, opening it slowly as she watched him light up his cigarette and then move back to the bed to watch T.V. When she exited the room, she scanned the parking lot, hoping her assumption was right and Michael was truly there to take her away from her misery.

<center>Max's Jeep</center>

"Is that her?" Liz questioned, keeping her eyes on the blond woman that exited the room, looking completely afraid.

"That's her." Michael announced in relief, hopping out of the jeep and standing behind the jeep, getting Maria's attention. As soon as her eyes connected with his, he knew that she was just as serene to see him as he was to see her again, an assumption that was confirmed when he watched her run to him as if she had just heard a starters pistol go off behind her and into his open arms.

"Michael." She cried out softly in relief.

"Come on." Michael whispered in her ear, pulling her gently by her waist to the jeep and helping her up as Liz moved to where Michael was sitting at. Once Michael jumped in, Max started the jeep up and bolted out of the Mosca Azul's parking lot, heading back to Roswell.

<center>Highway

Max's Jeep
</center>

"I can't believe it." Maria exhaled in bewilderment, trying to hold back her wild hair that was flapping back and forth from the wind and noticed that the brunette in front of her was having the same dilemma, but then felt Michael's strong hands cup the sides of her face, holding her hair back in the process. "You came back for me." She whispered softly to Michael as she scooted closer to him, looking into his eyes in wonder and surprise.

"I said I would." Michael replied huskily, gazing back into her soulful eyes.

"Yes....you did." Maria answered softly, holding the gaze as she shook her head in amazement.

"He always keeps his promises." Liz interrupted as she scanned Maria up and down curiously.

"I see." Maria answered, looking at Michael a bit longer before she acknowledged the brunettes presence.

"I hope you're worth his loyalty." Liz threatened coolly before turning back to face forward, glancing at Max who had a quizzical look on his face and then turned to look out her side of the jeep.

"Liz." Michael whispered to Maria, startling her a bit, since she was still looking at the back of Liz's head.

"What?"

"That's Liz. My baby sister." Michael answered, pointing to Liz with his chin and then to Max with his finger. "And that's Max." He informed her, noticing her gripping to the ends of her sleeves nervously. "Are you okay?"

"I am now." Maria replied, kissing him lightly on his lips before snuggling in his his warm arms.

Michael looked down at the blond enchantress, holding her as close as their bodies allowed it and then looked at the changing scenery, wondering why had fate introduced him to her in such a way.

'A new acquaintance that stands between light and dark...good and evil. She will help you see things for what they truly are and reveals things aren’t what they appear to be. And your misconception will be pointed out by only by true love.'

Michael couldn't help but think back on what Madame Vivian had said to him. He was sure that Madame Vivian was convinced Maria played an important role in his life...but how? What could she possibly enlighten him in of his life? Everything has been perfect since he, Max and Liz left that God forsaken trailer park behind.

'So, what are you saying? That I’m gonna fall in love?'

'Yes, but it isn’t your love the cards show that will help you open your eyes...'

In love? He doubted it. He just met the girl for Christ sake, how could he be in love? And how could a complete stranger tell him he was? Love? Was it what he was feeling in the pit of his stomach? Was "love" the reason why he tossed and turned in bed, restless and pondering on the "what if's"? Is "love" what drove him to drive miles to another state just to see her again?

It can't be love...but then...what is it?

'Something bad is going to happen. Something very bad. And there’s only one way to keep that from happening...you must believe in the love.'

That statement alone had him begging that Madame Vivian was a fraud. But what if she wasn't? He soon started to doubt his doubts. What if she wasn't a flake? What if she were the real thing and he just shrugged her warning? Now begging became praying because he would never forgive himself if he endangered Liz or even Max with his spontaneous actions.

<center>Mosca Azul

Room 15
</center>

Billy sat leaned up against the straw head board, channel surfing while his mind was setting of triggers of suspicion. Glancing at wrist watch, he calculated the number of minutes that Maria had been absent, igniting his rage even more.

"Where the fuck are you?" Billy almost whistled out coolly, trying to keep his composure as he inserted another cigarette in his mouth and attempting to light it with his lighter, but only creating a small spark with each attempt. From a fit of rage,he pitched the lighter to the T.V., causing the screen to shatter and scatter on the rough carpet.

Looking at his destruction indifferently, he got up casually from the bed, grabbed his jacket and exited the room.

Standing in front of his door, looking left and then right before grabbing his cigarette from the filter as he inhaled and removing it as he exhaled, scanning the secluded parking lot before making his way to the Manager's office.

<center>Max's Jeep</center>

Liz slept curled up on the front passenger seat, against the corner of the door and the chair with her legs straight and on top of Max's, while he slipped his fingers under the cuff of her jeans and her ankle socks, lightly stroking her ankle while he focused on the dark road that was almost empty and occasionally glanced in his rear view mirror to make sure Michael was still sleeping.

Meanwhile in the back, Maria lightly stirred in Michael's arms as she dreamed of moments she wished to forget.

<center>~Dream~</center>

"The Carnival? Are you serious?" Maria huffed in sarcasm as she looked over the flier Billy handed her in disgust. "If Sean finds out...."

"Hey! Quit your bitching." Billy commanded, grabbing a handful of her hair and pointing to her in warning.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." Maria cried as she held on to Billy's hands to ease some of the pain he was causing her when he tugged on her hair.

"You better be." He retorted before releasing his grip with a push and spitting to the side in disgust before returning his concentration on that road map. "That place is full of freaks, so think of it as your home away from home."

<center>~End Dream~</center>

"You okay?" Michael whispered as he brushed the back of her head, watching her take in the thought that she was dreaming before she looked at him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Maria answered, realizing she had a handful of Michael's shirt in her hands. "Uh, sorry." She apologized, slowly releasing the material and then straightening the shirt out before she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It's okay." He answered blankly as he gazed at her in wonder. Curious to know what was going on in her head.

"Um, where are we going?" Maria questioned, realizing she didn't even know where they were going.

"To our house."

<center>Mosca Azul</center>

"Thanks a lot man." Billy spoke, waving off to the night manager as he exited the office. Standing by the door, he looked towards the dirt road and then back to the direction of his room as he took another drag from his cigarette. "Ma-an..." He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement as he released a bull's steam of smoke from his nostrils and stroked his raspy chin with his thumb while his middle and pointing finger pinched hold of the cigarette. "...you're fucking dead bitch...huh, you just don't know it yet." He declared to the wind before flicking his cigarette to the ground and then headed back to his room.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 10

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 10: The Dead Never Dance

Trio Home</center>

"Wow." Maria whispered when she entered the house, hugging herself as she looked around from where she stood. She watched as Liz and Max bee-lined their way into the living room to commence picking up the boxes of pizza and other condiments that were scattered on the medium coffee table and then head into the dining room, and turning into the kitchen.

"Um, are you hungry?" Michael questioned as he cracked his knuckles nervously and then pointed into the direction of the kitchen when Maria looked at him.

"No. Not really, thank you. I'm just really tired." Maria answered, looking to the staircase and then to Michael who was looking at the staircase as well.

"Right, well, um, you can stay in my room." He advised her as he proceeded up the stairs to his room.

<center>Kitchen</center>

"What's wrong?" Max questioned as Liz pensively rearranged the refrigerator to make room for the pizza's.

"Nothing." Liz answered shaking her head as she placed the pizza box in the free space.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." Liz replied with a faint smile, then rolled her eyes and shook her head again, which Max took as signal that there was something on her mind. "I'm just thinking about Graduation. It's next Friday, so I guess I'm just nervous." Liz shrugged off with a light laugh as looked to Max, who was observing her closely and then looked over to the Senior Calendar, Liz had posted on the refrigerator, to see June 11th circled in red.

"What about Prom?" Max asked curiously, looking up at June 4th, that had a purple star before and after the word "Prom".

"What about it?" Liz questioned, waiting for Max to face her when he stopped looking at her Senior Calendar.

"Did someone already ask you?" Max clarified, assuming that since they had only been together for a week, she'd probably already had a date planned months ahead.

"Yeah, I got a few offers." Liz replied modestly, tossing the empty pop cans in the garbage and then moved to turn off the kitchen light before entering the dining room with Max following closely behind in curiosity.

"Yeah?" He questioned, only seeing Liz nod her head 'yes' as she made it to the living room to start straightening up. "So, who are you going with?"

"Not sure." Liz shrugged playfully as she returned the videos back into they're original cases. "I mean Alex is great, but then again, so are Marco's, Mickey, and Chris. I mean, what girl doesn't want to take a musician to Prom with her?" Liz commented with her back turn to face Max, imagining his jaw clenching of frustration at the sound of how many guys asked her to go to Prom.

"So you haven't said yes to anyone?" Max asked rhetorically with a sigh of relief.

"Depends." Liz answered with a shrug as she laughed in the inside by Max's quizzical worried expression.

"On what?" Max question, getting a roll of the eyes from Liz, who was frustrated by his naive rambling when her signals were so obvious.

"Night Max." Liz huffs,before she heads up the stairs, leaving Max to think of what he had done wrong.

<center>Michael's Room</center>

"Wow, you two look very happy there," Maria comments as she points to a picture of Liz and Michael sitting on bleachers, with a blue and yellow comet painted on both their cheeks and both wearing Roswell Comets jerseys and Liz sporting a No. 1 foam hand.

"Yeah, that was Liz's Junior year Homecoming Game." Michael recalled as he took the picture frame from Maria to look over it and reminisce. "Their football team sucks, but they have an OK basketball team." He added as he leaned forward, in front of Maria, to set the picture frame back in it's original spot and then return in time to catch her cover her mouth to yawn. "I can get Liz to lend you something to sleep in." He suggested, noticing her jeans and tank.

"Um, it's okay." Maria answered, shaking her head to deny the offer. "And besides, I doubt she's gonna be happy to let me borrow her clothes."

"Either way, she's still gonna have to lend you something tomorrow." Michael shrugged, moving to his drawers to search for a t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Today." Maria corrected.

"What?"

"It's 4:30 A.M., so technically, it's Wednesday already." Maria explained with a smile.

"Right." Michael nodded in agreement, returning his attention to his clothes, pulling out a selection and handing them to her. "You can sleep in this."

"I'm starting to notice a theme here." Maria laughed, noticing the Metallica t-shirt he handed her, matched perfectly with the Metallica decor that was in almost every section of his room. Even the picture frame of him and Liz had Metallica carved out and filled in with what appeared to be white out. Michael just flashed her a half smile and moved to the door. "Thank you." Maria quickly spoke before he exited.

"Night." Michael answered, flashing her another half smile, capturing one last gaze before exiting his room and heading downstairs to sleep on the couch.

"Night." Maria replied to the closed door. She looked at the Metallica poster that was pinned up on the back of the door for a few minutes before looking at the folded clothes on her side. Sighing, she got up and changed, and then climbed under the warm covers to continue to exam the photograph of Michael and Liz. "Sean." Maria sighed, as she slowly closed her eyes when sleep took control.

<center>~Dream~</center>

"Sean, this is a bunch of bull. We can take them." Billy whispered as the three of them hid behind a car.

"No." Sean commanded, feeling Maria trembling behind him.

"Sean, what are we gonna do?" Maria asked worriedly as she clutched on to his leather jacket.

"Shh." Sean hushed her, signaling them to duck lower when he heard footsteps approaching. The three of them squatted silently as they heard the footsteps approaching, stop, and then walk away, followed by Sean's sigh of relief.

"Sean!" Maria gasped as she felt someone pull her.

"Maria!"

<center>~End Dream~

La Mosca Azul</center>

Billy stared up at the ceiling with one hand under his head and the other on his stomach while holding a cigarette in between his pointing and middle finger, thinking about how screwed Maria have left him after discovering she took all his money, making it even more harder to go on a search quest.

"Billy!" Maria exclaimed in happiness to see him as she ran to him.

"We have to get out of here. Let's go." Billy commanded, pulling Maria by her arm, but stopped when she pulled back.

"No, I'm not leaving without Sean." Maria declared, edging her way back.

"Maria! Sean's dead, now move!" He yelled, grabbing her by her arm and pulling her to run with her.

<center>~End Flashback~

Trio's Home

Michael's Room
</center>

"Sean!" Maria gasped, sitting up drenched in sweat.

"Who's Sean?" Maria heard from the door.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image