Winter Kiss (AU M/L Teen)

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Ameteur Alien
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Winter Kiss (AU M/L Teen)

Post by Ameteur Alien »

Hey...
Ok um...I'm kind of new at this so spare me. :? It was bored at school and this one popped into my head and I thought it would make a good short story.

so how do you guys do this um lets see...

Winter Kiss
Auther: Connie (aka Ametuer Alien)
Rating: Teen
Catagory: M/L-Short Story
Summery: Max and Liz just had their first date
Disclaimer: uh, I don't own anything, the names aren't mine, the characters aren't mine, and so on and so on
Author Note: Sorry if theres any grammer problems...I did spell check but uh...I could have missed something.

It was late at night because the movie had lasted longer than either of them could have predicted. He stopped the car and the engine quieted down and the silence took ever.
He quickly got out and went to the other side to open her door. “Thanks.” She said quietly.

They walked side by side, very close but yet not touching. It was freezing out and the chill in the air was around ten degrees. They were both cold and the chills were immediate on the skin that showed in their outfits. The smoke from their breath clouded the air in front of them and then slowly disappeared into nothingness.

She had her hand in her jacket because she had no gloves to protect them. His hands were also shoved in his pockets and he was looking down at the ground, only looking up once in a while at her and smiled.

Their bodied drifted toward each other as they walked, and they both felt it the minute their arms brush the others.

He was happy, hell he was more then happy, he was ecstatic. Her mood was around the same if not more.

By the time they reached the door, their noses were red, lips blue, and teeth chattering but neither wanted to admit it, even though both knew that the other was cold also. They both stood there awkwardly not knowing where to go from here.

“I-I had a very good time Max.” She said, trying her hardest to calm her voice down so her chattering teeth wouldn’t be noticeable. “The movie was really...fun.”

He nodded. “Yeah, it was.” He shivered but attempted to play it off as if it wasn’t below freezing out.

Then out from besides them a breeze blew and she ducked her head, her hair falling down from her shoulder and blew slightly from the wind. “Here,” he said and got in the way of the wind blocking it and in the process lessened the space between them.

She looked up and smiled. “Thanks.”

“I guess I’ll see you at school Liz.”

“Yeah…I’ll see you there too.”

Then the awkward silence filled the air once again.

He saw her silent attempt not to shudder and he realized that she must be really cold. “Are you cold?” He asked bring his hand out to feel her sleeved arm worriedly not thinking about what he was doing.

She laughed nervously and nodded. He slid his hand down her arm slowly. Taking a chance, she took her hand out of her jacket as his hands moved down and slightly clasped his to hers. Both of their hands were freezing cold and numb, but the little warmth that their hands gave off were enough for them…for now at least.

His fingers slightly caressed hers wanting to see what her reaction was. She smiled and ducked her head biting her bottom lip before looking up at him again.

He didn’t want to say goodnight, not yet. It was too soon, but he could feel from her shaking hand that he had to end it before they both caught a cold.

She didn’t want to say goodnight too afraid that it might say the wrong thing and he might think she didn’t like him. When what she felt was far from it.

“Good…goodnight Liz.” He whispered looking into her eyes trying to figure out what to do and if she would let him.

“Goodnight Max.” She looked up at him licking her dry lips because of the environment.

He watched as her pink tongue snaked out from between her wetting her slightly blue lips. He watched as she looked down one last time and started turning to leave, her fingers letting go of his gradually.

“Wait!” Max called out softly, panicking. He didn’t want her to leave, not yet. Not like this. He held on to what he had of her hand and pulled her back to him, closer this time. She gazed up at him questioning.

“I uh…I-I wanted to ask you if um…you wanted to go out…again…with-with me.” He wanted to curse at himself because the way he just said that. Could he be any lamer?

Liz laughed slightly and nodded her head. “I loved to go out with you again.”

Max felt relief rush through his body as he heard those words. It was either that that or it was the wind that just blew behind him. Either way, he gathered his courage for what he was going to do next. He bent his head somewhat and waited for her reaction. When her did the same and moved closer, in his head, he was jumping for joy.

Bit by bit their head moved closer until their lips met in a kiss. Both felt how cold the other’s lips were but it didn’t matter to any of them. The kiss was quick and innocent, but held promises of the future.

They pulled away slowly, not wanting this moment to ever end.

“So…” He said, trying very hard to tone down the grin that brightened his face, but he couldn’t.

“So…” She repeated.

“Goodnight Liz.” He said once again, but for real this time. It was too chilly outside and he didn’t want to keep her. In addition, when he kissed her, her nose touched his cheek lightly and he felt the cold tip of it.

She nodded and turned to go inside, this time not letting go of his hand. Not until it was necessary did she start releasing it slowly but surely. She looked back at him and smiled. Her cheeks were crimson red, but she knew that it had nothing to do with the temperature. “Goodnight Max.” She whispered and closed the door softly.

He waited a couple of second after the door closed before he moved to go back to his car. Inside he wanted to shout aloud to the whole word how happy he was, but he didn’t want to wake anyone up this late at night. Even when he got home, the grin never left his face.

Meanwhile, when she had closed the door behind her she leaned against it sighing blissfully. “Yes!” She said to herself quietly.

“Lizzie, is that you?” Her father called from upstairs. “Go to bed!”

“Yes daddy.” She slide from the door and practically skipped to her room.

The End...
~*~*~*~

Hoped you guys like it! I was laughing writing this, so it was all worth it.
Connie-
A million words won't bring you back, I know because I've tried. Neither would a million tears, I know because I've cried. You left me with a broken heart and memories, too. I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.