Forever Was The Promise(M/L,AU,Adult) Epilogue 9/28/05

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Forever Was The Promise(M/L,AU,Adult) Epilogue 9/28/05

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Title: Forever Was The Promise

Author: Tanya

Category: M/L AU

Rating: ADULT (For some violence and for nookie :wink: )

Summary: Tragedy brings together young love, but with young love comes complications and consequences. This is a story about Max and Liz’s love from the beginning…but will it last forever?

Disclaimer: I do not own rights to Roswell or it’s characters. I will use them, abuse them and put them back happy.

Author's Note: *PLEASE READ* Okay I know what you're saying...Oh no not another teen pregnancy fic...well it is. Except I ask that you give it a try, and dispite the subject matter it is going to be Fluff...don't ask how I did it, but honestly I tried to write some serious angst but it didn't work out that way. So I will say it's lot's of *Fluff* with a sprinkle of *drama*

Thanks to: My *twin* Sarah and Tiffany for all your encouragement and for listening to me ramble about this for like ever *love you* Edited to add: Kay...my sweet beta :wink:

Thanks to Ann (babylisou) for the adorable banner!

Prologue

Diane Evans was a happily married woman for fourteen years but then things changed and her perfect world began to crumble…

Her head was bleeding badly from being thrown onto the glass coffee table and she knew that no one would come to her rescue. She was thankful however that her son was not there to witness her final moments.

He picked her up and began to slam her head against the floor, repeatedly. She closed her eyes and was once again thankful for the one true thing that would allow her to leave this world without worry or fear.

Her son. Her baby. He was an unexpected gift from God, one she would forever be grateful for. She could not have asked for a better gift or blessing.

She took her final breaths knowing that he would be safe, she didn’t know how she knew this day would come, but she knew it would.

Her baby would be safe; her best friend would make sure of that.

Diane closed her eyes never to open them again.

1 Week Later

It rained that day for Max Evans, the day his mother was put in the ground, her final resting place. He didn’t cry, he couldn’t. He needed to be strong for her. He needed to be…hell he had no idea.

All he knew was that he was now sitting in the living room of his mother’s best friend, Nancy Parker and he just felt numb. Max had met Nancy on a few occasions when he was younger, but more recently was about three years ago, before his father became the man that ended up murdering his mother.

He couldn’t think about that any longer, he just didn’t understand and there was no one for him to go to for answers. Answers to questions he had yet to ask himself. Instead he decided to focus on what Nancy was explaining to him about school.

“So what we need to do is get you some clothes for when school starts on Monday. I think it would be best to get this out of the way today, and then later when Liz gets home we can have dinner together.” Nancy honestly didn’t know what to say to Max to get him to open up to her. She never thought that when her best friend called her late one evening a few months ago and asked her if anything should ever happen to her, if she would take care of her son, that the day would come so soon. Max was her and her husband’s responsibility and she would do everything in her power to make sure that Max lived as happy and full of a life as his mother would have wanted for him.

“Okay Nancy.” He knew she was just trying to help him. After all the only clothes he had were the ones on his back. He refused to go back to that house after the funeral. He couldn’t, it held too many painful memories, too much sadness. Nancy had told him that she would go and remove any personal items he might want, but at the time Max couldn’t think about that, his mother was gone and she was never coming back. His mother was his best friend, who would he tell his secrets to now?

Liz Parker arrived to an empty house, it didn’t surprise her, she was used to it after all. Her parents were always away on business trips, so Liz had the house to herself most days. At first it used to bother her, but she enjoyed the silence now, it gave her plenty of time to study for her classes and catch up on reading. Who was she kidding? She hated being alone, her friends had basically deserted her and she hated not having anyone but the maid to talk to.

She had been away for four days on a field trip with her science class to Arizona. She had a really great time and was able to interact with people her own age that had the same interests as her. But now, she was back in Roswell, New Mexico…home sweet home, she thought wryly.

She loved it, but as she got older her parents decided it was okay to leave her alone for weeks at a time, sometimes she wondered if her parents even remembered that they had a daughter. Liz tried not to let that bother her; she wouldn’t start her usual run of self-pity today, not today because today was a very special day.

Max Evans, her mother’s best friend’s son was coming to live with them. While Liz was happy that she would have someone her age around the house, she was also saddened by the factors surrounding him coming to live with them in the first place. She just hoped that she could make him feel welcomed and help him with anything that he may need. She had never met Max before, mainly because she was usually in school or away on a field trip whenever his mother visited. However, Liz noticed that for the past three years she had only every talked to Diane Evans over the phone. Liz found it strange, but didn’t question it. They were adults and most of the time they made no sense.

Liz quickly ran upstairs to her sanctuary, her bedroom, to change. She then made her way back downstairs, she wanted to do her part to help Max through this difficult time and the only thing she knew how to do really well was bake.

So that’s what she did for the next two hours, she baked and just hoped that Max would like whatever she made.

About an hour later Max and Nancy had returned after buying what Max felt was the entire store and then met up with Jeffrey Parker as he pulled up the driveway. Max was very comfortable with both Nancy and Jeff, they made him feel welcome and he didn’t feel pity when they looked at him. Something he was very grateful for. Max had yet, however to meet their fifteen year old daughter, Liz. His mother had mentioned her a few times, but honestly Max did not pay much attention. He was sixteen after all, and playing ball and watching television was more important at those times.

Liz heard them pull up the driveway and was just putting the finishing touches on her peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, she made them from scratch and she was proud of herself.

“Liz honey, would you please come down here?” Nancy yells up the stairs for Liz as everyone settled into the living room. To everyone’s surprise instead of coming down the stairs she pops up right behind them carrying her tray of cookies and a smile that stretched from ear to ear.

That’s when he sees her; she’s so beautiful, he thought. She had a bright smile on her face and Max felt something inside of him come alive.

Like he was breathing and feeling again for the first time since he found is mother dead…

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I'm back with a new part! My update schedule is probably going to be every Monday for now. You guys never cease to amaze me with your feedback and I'm so happy you like it :D
Itzstacie wrote:you could write 50 teen pregancy stories and I would still be with you.. I love your writing so that's not going to steer me away.
Stacie...thank you, I appreciate that coming from you so much! I won't be writing 50 but probably just this one LOL!

Sylvia - Yes take my word, it's fluffy. I'm still kind of upset that I couldn't write the angst for this story, it was supposed to be something else but when I sat down to write, my outline went out the window and this is what came of that LOL! Thank you for *everything*

Kay - Thanks for getting these new parts done for me by the time I got back *hugs* I am putting your ass to work LOL!

Chapter 1

The following morning Max dragged himself out of bed. He wanted to stay there forever, however the prospect of seeing Liz again was enough to motivate him, just a little.

He couldn’t get over her, she was just too adorable for words and he looked forward to talking to her a little more today. After the introductions yesterday, they sat down to dinner and Liz practically talked her head off about her field trip to Arizona, Max was more than relieved for the distraction.

He walked into his bathroom, which was a weird thing for him because for as long as he could remember he never had his own bathroom. His parents weren’t poor, at least they didn’t start out that way but when things went downhill for his family, they learned to adjust…quickly.

After taking a quick shower and changing he made his way downstairs. That is after he got lost for a few minutes, he was after all now living in a mansion. The Parkers were very rich, always had been according to his mother, but they were not conceited something else Max was grateful for.

He finally made his way into the dining room and took a seat that Nancy pointed out for him to sit in. “So Max, did you sleep okay?”

“Yes, I did thank you.” Max tried to smile but he ached inside, he missed breakfast with his mother, he missed his mother period. He didn’t have long to think about that because a moment later Liz entered the room.

Max watched her intently as she appeared to have glided into the room, her long brown hair flowing freely behind her and that smile. It made Max’s heart skip a beat, he hardly knew the girl and already she managed to wedge a place for herself in his heart. If someone were to ask him, he would never be able to find the words to explain what he felt.

“Morning everyone!” Liz said making sure to take her place directly across from Max. She waited until their eyes connected and she gave him a smile that lit up her whole face. Liz thought he had the most beautiful eyes and a smile that made her heart skip a beat. No one ever made her feel like that with just a look, and that’s why she was especially happy this morning.

“Well Liz for a change it looks like you are in a good mood, what’s the sudden change?” Lately Nancy had noticed that her daughter had begun to pull away from her, she knew that Liz resented the fact that her and Jeff left her home a lot of the time, but it wasn’t because they didn’t want her with them it was because they didn’t want her missing school and miss being with her friends. That was of course when Liz had friends that still came around. Nancy didn’t understand what happened between Liz, Maria, Isabel, Michael and Alex and it wasn’t for the lack of trying to drag it out of her daughter. But Liz was a stubborn one, just like her father, she thought. So Nancy left that subject alone as she did in most cases when it came to Liz. She wasn’t happy about the relationship she had with her daughter, but it seemed that she just never had the time to fix it.

Now though, with Max being here and Liz having someone to talk to, Nancy hoped that she would somehow be able to have her daughter back.

“No reason, I’m just in a good mood and besides is that a crime?” Liz bit out angrily, after all when was the last time her mother asked her how she was doing? It didn’t matter, Liz thought, so long as she went to school and brought home only the best grades.

“Lizzie, don’t talk to your mother like that.” Liz rolled her eyes and played with the food in front of her. She wasn’t hungry in fact she felt like crying, but then she looked up from her plate and her eyes met Max’s once again and she just felt…better.

“So, Max it looks like you and Liz have many classes together.” Jeffrey said and waited for some kind of reaction from either teen.

“Really?” Liz’s face lit up and then she ducked her head. Max wondered how is it that this girl who could have everything she ever wished for got excited over the smallest things? However just like Liz couldn’t hide her excitement, Max couldn’t hide the fact that he was somewhat relieved to be sharing classes with Liz; after all he didn’t know anyone.

In his old school he had many friends but now they were all many miles away, it reminded Max of how much his life had changed in one week. He tried not to dwell on that; instead he listened to Nancy and Jeff talk about school and how important it was to do well.

After breakfast the maid came to remove the dishes from the table, both Liz and Max asked to be excused.

“Yes that’s fine.” Jeff answered them before turning his head to bury it back in the newspaper to his left.

“Your father and I will be going away for a few weeks so, Ms. Maguire will be checking in with you from time to time.” Nancy called out to both Max and Liz before they exited the room.

“Mom I don’t need a babysitter.” Liz whined. She knew it wasn’t ladylike but she was old enough to not have someone look after her. At least she thought so.

“Elizabeth, listen to your mother.” Max had to look around the room for a minute, because Jeff had given Liz a warning without even looking up from his paper. Which Max found extremely…weird.

“Fine.” She pouted and then left the room with Max trailing behind her.

All Max wanted to do was go to bed and never wake up if possible. Instead he went into his room, which was across the hall from Liz’s and turned on the television. He wasn’t really paying attention so when Liz crept into his doorway; he quickly snapped his head in her direction.

He took in her appearance, noting instantly that she had changed into a pair of light blue Capri pants and a white t-shirt. Max wondered why minutes ago she was wearing a yellow knee length dress and now she wasn’t.

“I have to dress like a lady for breakfast, lunch and dinner.” Liz smiled knowingly at Max and then when she saw him smile. She ducked her head and leaned against the doorframe.

“You can come in Liz.” Max pushed himself up on the bed into a sitting position and made room for her to take a seat.

“So it looks like you’re settling in huh?” Liz asked hesitantly. She didn’t want to upset him and she could see the sadness in his eyes and wished she could make it better. Even though she had so much animosity towards her parents, she still loved them and couldn’t imagine a time when they wouldn’t be around. Granted they leave her alone for more than six months out of the year, but they come back. Liz knew that Max’s mother wasn’t coming back and her heart went out to him.

“Yeah I guess.” Max shrugged. Although he wanted to get to know her better, he wasn’t in the best of moods right now.

Liz noticed he still had bags of clothes on the floor and rose up from the bed to pull them out. “I can help you if you want me to.” Liz said picking up a bag and placing it on his desk.

“No, I’m fine Liz, thank you.”

“Sure.” She placed the bag back down on the floor and started to make her way out of the room, but stopped when she reached the door and heard his voice.

“Liz?” She turned and saw Max watching her intently; she blushed and bit her bottom lip softly.

“Yes Max?” At that moment he thought there was just something about her that screamed out to him to find out as much as he could about her. He wondered at that moment if her skin and hair were as soft as they appeared to be.

“I’m about to watch a movie, you want to join me?” He watched as her eyes brightened up and she smiled at him.

“Yes!” She bounced back into his room to ask him what movie.

“Not sure, what do you like?”

“I like chick flicks Max, something you’re probably not interested in.” Liz looked up at him hopefully, but she was right, he was not interested in those kinds of movies.

“How about we compromise Liz?” Max said lifting off the bed and made his way over to a box that Nancy had packed up for him. They were things from his room, he couldn’t go back to that house, and so Nancy took as much stuff as she could.

“I have a box of my movies, so we watch one of mine today and then tomorrow we’ll watch one of yours. Deal?”

“Deal.” Liz said and made herself comfortable on his bed waiting for him to put the movie on and take his place beside her.

After the credits rolled, Nancy called them down for lunch and explained that her and Jeffrey would be having dinner with clients so Liz and Max were on their own. Liz wasn’t surprised at all, she was used to it. But this time it would be different because she wouldn’t be alone, she would have Max.

“I have to study Max, I have a test on Monday and well I didn’t get much done on the field trip.” Liz said somewhat sadly, she liked spending time with Max and knew that even if he didn’t say it, he didn’t want to be alone.

“That’s fine, I think I’ll head out back, you guys have a basketball court. So why don’t you come find me when you’re done?”

“Okay I will.” Liz couldn’t hide how happy she was that it seemed Max really liked her.

Max had finished shooting a few hoops and made his way back upstairs for a quick shower. He pulled on a dark blue t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts for bed. He was listening to the radio when he heard a soft knock on his bedroom door.

He knew it was Liz, but when he swung the door open he never expected to see her trying to balance a tray in her hands, and not doing a very good job of it from what he could tell.

“Here let me take this.” He grabbed the tray from her hands and waited until she entered his room. She felt stupid; he probably didn’t want to be bothered by her. Suddenly making him hot chocolate and bringing him cookies seemed very childish and she wanted to just run straight across the hall to her room.

Max saw Liz standing in the middle of his room looking completely lost. He placed the tray on his desk and then stood in front of her.

“Liz? Are you okay?” She just nodded and so he knew there was something wrong. He decided that maybe she was upset because he didn’t thank her for bringing…whatever it is she brought to him. He turned and looked at the tray lifting up the silver lids, but was startled when he heard her whispered voice behind him.

“It’s cookies and hot chocolate.” Liz groaned inwardly, she was so embarrassed. Max probably thought she was acting like she was ten years old or something. Max heard the sadness in her voice and decided to try mess with her.

“What is it with you Parker? Do you think I need to gain weight?” He turned around with a cookie in his hand, and took a big bite out of it.

“No, I just wanted to…I don’t know.” Liz shrugged and suddenly felt the need to run away. But she never got the chance because Max reached her quickly and grabbed her wrist gently, leading her back into his room.

“I was only teasing Liz. Thank you for the food and for just being here.” Max said and suddenly he felt very uncomfortable. What was it about Liz Parker that made him second-guess himself so much? In addition to that, what was it about her that made his heart skip a beat every time he made her smile? Her soft voice broke him from his thoughts.

“Welcome.”

“You want to sit outside for a little bit with me Liz?” Max asked trying to not sound like he was nervous, because there was no need to be nervous right?

“Sure.” Liz smiled and let Max lead her out on his balcony. They sat outside side-by-side looking up at the stars.

“Do you make wishes on stars Max?” Liz asked him, she didn’t know why she felt so comfortable around him. She didn’t have a boyfriend, never did, but she wondered if she would feel that comfortable around all boys or if Max was just special. She’d like to think it was the latter of the two.

“I do Liz, every night.” Max finished sadly.

“What do you wish for Max?”

“To be able to bring my mother back, but I know that’s not realistic. So most times I wish that I could just say goodbye to her.” Max turned his face away from Liz, he didn’t want her thinking he was weak.

“Oh Max.” Liz reached out her hand to him and placed it on his shoulder. She had tears in her eyes and she wanted to help him. Max felt her hand and he quickly covered it with his own and turned his face to her, and he saw her sadness. Not pity but sadness for him, for his loss.

At that moment Max Evans realized that Liz Parker was so much more than people probably gave her credit for and he wanted to know everything he could about her.

“What do you wish for Liz?”

“I don’t, not anymore.”

“Why not?”

“I realized wishes don’t come true, at least not for me.” Liz finished softly, realizing she sounded like she wanted pity, but that’s not what she wanted. She wanted to feel loved, truly and unconditionally loved.

Max wrapped his arm around her shoulder and looked down into her big brown eyes and made her a silent promise, one that he himself didn’t understand why he was so eager to try and fulfill, but made the promise nonetheless.

He promised that he would make every one of her dreams come true.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I think I said I would update this on Monday, but well I felt like updating today. I will probably be back before next Saturday with another part. I appreicate all the FB you guys are leaving me, it let's me know I should continue and not totally give up on writing. So Thank you! And I wanted to say HELLO to the lurkers, I hope you are enjoying this :wink:

Chapter 2

“Liz, are you listening to me?” Nancy was trying to leave instructions for her daughter. Her and her husband were leaving for a few weeks on business, and school was starting again the following day so Nancy wanted to make sure that Liz helped Max settle in.

“Yes mom, I’m listening. Max is a big boy I’m sure he can handle himself. Besides I don’t think he would appreciate me tagging along with him everywhere.” Although Liz was desperately hoping he wouldn’t mind, otherwise it was going to be another lonely year.

“I know that honey, but it is a new school and you can show him around.”

“I will mom, don’t worry about it.” Liz sighed internally, she hated when her parents left, but then again maybe with them gone she and Max would have the chance to get to know one another.

“Nancy, are you leaving already?” Max was walking down the stairs and noticed Nancy at the front door with a1 bag at her feet.

“Yes Max, Mr. Parker and I are leaving. We’ll be in touch and if you need anything there is a number for the neighbors on the refrigerator.” Max nodded as he came to stand beside Liz. He looked at her and saw sadness in her eyes. Max had asked Liz last night, what her parents did for a living that had them away from home for months out of the year. Liz had explained that her father owned one of the biggest hotel chains in the world. That’s why they traveled so often out of the country. Max knew at that moment, that Liz was lonely more than anything. He hoped that by him being here it would help her come out of her shell.

After a few more instructions, Nancy was on her way, leaving Max and Liz standing in silence.

Liz wasn’t sure what to do at that point. Usually she was alone after her parents left and now she wasn’t. While in some way that made her feel better, it also made her incredibly nervous. Not that she was frightened of Max, it was just the opposite. She felt completely comfortable with him. However, that did not mean that she was sure of herself, not in the least. She was a complete basket case inside, she had no confidence and she sure as hell didn’t know what to do in the presence of a boy.

Max noticed different emotions cross Liz’s face, some he could clearly decipher, and others that left him baffled. When he saw her making no effort to strike up a conversation, he decided to make the first move.

“So, Liz what do you usually do when your parents leave?” Max saw the confusion in her face just before her eyes met his. He wasn’t sure why she looked confused, but decided to not ask her about it just yet. She seemed so fragile to him, but he could also tell she had a lot of determination, more than she probably thought she possessed.
“Nothing, really. I mean I should study, but…” Liz trailed off looking down at her feet and Max just couldn’t figure her out. He already knew she was very unsure of herself, but he couldn’t figure out why. She was very smart, had a great personality and was amazingly beautiful, anyone would kill to be with her, he thought.

“But what Liz? You don’t want to? I don’t blame you; I wouldn’t feel like it either. So, how about we grab something to eat and then we’ll just figure something out after that?” He waited for her response and was not at all surprised to see her lift her head to regard him with a smile.

Her smile was infectious, he thought.

“So Max what do you feel like doing?” Liz asked as they cleared the table from lunch.

“I have no idea Liz, but don’t you have friends you should be seeing?” Max didn’t feel like doing much. In fact he thought he might go for a swim to clear his head.

“No.” Liz whispered out, as she loaded the dishwasher. In fact she said it so softly that Max almost missed it…almost.

“No? I mean surely you have friends right?” He saw her face fall and then the tears well up in her eyes and he felt like kicking himself. She turned on her heels and ran up the stairs to her room. He hadn’t meant for his words to hurt her, or come out like he didn’t want to spend time with her. However, he didn’t want her thinking she needed to watch over him.

Max quickly followed her up the stairs and made it to her bedroom. The door was open halfway and he gently opened it, and what he saw broke his heart. Her long brown hair fanned around her head, which was buried in her pillows. He can hear her soft cries and made his way over to her side quickly taking a seat beside her.

“Liz, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” She whimpered out. “I had friends Max, just not anymore.” Max was now even more confused. How is it that she had friends and now she didn’t, surely that wasn’t possible?

“Liz, please stop crying and talk to me.” Max pleaded with her softly while reaching out his hands to help her turn onto her back. Liz looked up at Max’s worried eyes and wanted to cry all over again. She didn’t mean to upset him. Therefore she wiped the tears that stained her cheeks and began to explain what happened between her and her friends.

“Michael, Maria, Isabel and Alex were my really good friends, not my best friends because I wasn’t close enough to them to call them that, but that’s not important.” Liz lifted up and rested her back against the headboard as Max sat beside her, looking eager to hear her speak. She wondered why he always paid so much attention to her when she talked. No one ever did that.

“Anyway when Michael and Maria started dating, we all still hung out. We went to the movies and theme parks you know, we just had a good time. But then Alex and Isabel started dating and I just felt like I didn’t fit in anymore. I mean they would be going out on dates, so I couldn’t exactly go by myself.”

“Why didn’t you just bring a date?” Max asked in confusion, surely she could get a date, he thought.

Liz let out a little huff and buried her face in her hands and began to cry all over again. She thought Max must think she was a child, with all the crying she had been doing. However, what he did next made her realize that he didn’t think she was being childish in any way.

Max heard the pain in her voice, he knew there was something else she was not telling him, there had to be more to the story about why she didn’t bring a date, but decided to leave that subject alone for the moment, he didn’t want to keep upsetting her. He reached out his hands to hers, and pulled them down to her lap. He then swiped the tears on her cheeks.

Liz blinked a few times and then looked up at Max, her big brown eyes holding his gaze. It was as if she was burning that moment in her brain, and then she felt it. It was a flutter in the center of her chest; a moment where she felt like she couldn’t breathe, it was then that she realized she was falling for Max.

Liz knew that she needed to change the subject, to take her mind off of her latest revelation. She just knew that Max would never feel that way about her, so she decided that it was best to leave those feelings buried in the back of her mind and her heart.

“So Max, do you play any sports?” Liz asked trying not to blush; she noticed his physical appearance before anything else. She could tell that he was not built like a normal sixteen-year-old boy was.

“Yes, I play basketball, but well I’ve been working so I don’t really have time for that during school so I play on the weekend. But now I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to do.”

“Are you going to get a job?” Liz asked, wondering what it would be like to work. Her parents would never allow it of course, but it never hurt to wonder.

“Probably, I just haven’t looked yet.”

“What did you do before? I mean where did you work?” Liz asked completely enthralled in hearing everything Max had to say. She enjoyed talking to him freely about anything. It was hard for her to believe that they had only known each other a few days.

“I actually worked in a garage repairing cars. I made really good money too. I was saving it up to go to college.” Max finished sorrowfully. He didn’t think thinking about his future would make him sad. His mother wanted him to go to college more than anything. She wanted him to succeed in life and most importantly she wanted him to be happy. He wanted to make her proud, but was it worth it now that she wasn’t with him anymore? Max didn’t know the answer to that question.

“That’s great Max. I don’t know how to do anything.” Liz finished sadly. She was just another rich kid with nothing to offer the world, she thought.

“Yes you do Liz, you can bake.” Max said knowing that would bring a smile to her face.

“When you say you played basketball, did you play for school at all or just with your friends?” Max settled a little closer to her on the bed and rested his back against the headboard as well.

“I did play for school but then I had to go to work, so I quit the team. I just played with my friends when I had time.”

“You miss them?” Liz knew that they were over two hours away and that he probably had to leave them behind.

“Yeah, but it’s okay. It’s not that bad here.” Liz smiled and told him she wanted to show him something.

They went out to the backyard, to give him a tour of the backyard she knew he had not yet received. Max had already seen the size of the property and had already seen that there was a small basketball court very close to the property, as well an Olympic sized pool and a tennis court. However, what Liz knew was left off the tour, because somehow she knew her mother had saved that for her to show Max, was the actual life sized basketball court hidden behind a very tall fence. Liz’s mother did not like looking at it, but it came with the house and they never had the time to tear it down. Liz was thankful they didn’t otherwise she wouldn’t be able to show it to Max.

She reached out for his hand to lead him through the backyard, Max looked down for a moment before taking her hand and letting her lead him to wherever she planned.

“Damn, I mean…” Max was speechless; it was just like an official NBA court. Complete with bleachers and everything, he just couldn’t believe it. It was amazing.

“Yeah.” Liz said watching Max intently. She was very happy when she saw his entire face light up when she opened the gate to reveal the court.

“Do you play Liz?” Max asked as they walked across the blacktop.

“Basketball? No, just tennis but I’m not any good.” Liz said kicking the imaginary dirt under her feet.

“Well maybe I’ll teach you sometime.” He smiled and her face lit up.

“You know how to play that too?” Liz asked surprised. Was there anything he didn’t know how to do, she thought.

“Yeah my mother, she taught me. But I loved basketball more.” Max smiled and turned away quickly. He was kind of embarrassed that he knew how to play tennis at first, but his mother told him that one day he would thank her.

“Will you teach me to play that too, Max?” Liz asked hopefully.

“Sure thing, Parker.”

And at that moment…he thanked his mother.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I am back with a new part! I'm so happy to see that you are all enjoying it thus far. I will say to clarify one thing...it's feedback that makes it all worth while and keeps me writing, therefore I appreciate it! I will also give a big *wave* to the lurkers...I hope you are enjoying it as well... P.S. For those of you who have asked for me to e-mail them the full copy of Confessions...send me a PM with your e-mail address :wink:

Chapter 3

“Max! We have to get going, the car is waiting!” Liz yelled from downstairs. Max slept late and Liz had to go into his room to wake him up. Not that she minded watching him sleep. However, she knew they would be late if she didn’t do it.

Max had woken up to the most beautiful sound. Liz’s voice. He hopped in the shower after she left his room and he couldn’t erase the look of her brown eyes burning into his eyes this morning. After quickly dressing in a pair of faded blue jeans and black T-shirt, Nancy had brought him, as well as his new pair of sneakers. He heard Liz’s voice filter from downstairs, as he slung his book bag over his shoulder.

“I’m coming. Damn Parker, you have a set of lungs on you don’t you?” Max knew that would make her blush, and sure enough it did.

“Whatever Evans, we need to go. Andre doesn’t like it when we make him wait.” Liz said reaching for her book bag, but Max was quick to reach down and grab it for her.

“Thanks.”

“Welcome, come on let’s go.” Max said walking past her out the front door.

Liz stood there for a moment; she didn’t know how she would make it in the car with him alone. He looked really good to her this morning. Oh hell who was she kidding? He always looked good. Suddenly she felt self-conscious, more than usual. She turned around and looked in the hall mirror to make sure she looked okay. She slumped in defeat, when she realized it didn’t matter if she looked okay or not. Because someone like Max Evans would not be interested in someone like her, at least not like that.

She closed the door and tried to look on the bright side. If she couldn’t have him, then at least they could be friends.

“Just what I need, another friend.” Liz mumbled to herself as she reached the car and saw Max tapping his watch at her. She just rolled her eyes and tried to bite back the smile on her face.

When they pulled up to the school, they were still early. Which Liz was thankful for, the quicker she could get to class and in her seat the better. She dreaded going to school, she loved it, but she knew how cruel people could be, especially teenagers.

Max handed Liz her book bag as she exited the car. He couldn’t stop his eyes from wandering down her petite frame. She looked amazing today, he thought. She was wearing a form fitting red skirt that had a black rose off to the bottom right side, and it came little past her knees with a black top. He suddenly felt the need to drink several glasses of water since his throat was suddenly very dry.

Once they reached the somewhat deserted halls, Max asked Liz where his locker was.

“It’s actually a few down from me. I’m sure my parents had a lot to do with that.” Liz smiled at lead the way.

“Okay so what class do you have first Max?” Liz pretended that she didn’t already memorize his schedule. She leaned against his locker and waited for him to tell her. She looked around and realized the halls were beginning to fill up.

“I have English, and then I think we have the next two classes and lunch together. After that we have only last period together.” Liz smiled at that fact that she got to spend most of the day in class with Max. He was thankful that she had that many classes with him. He didn’t know if the entire school knew why he was even there, and having her by his side made him feel so much better.

They made their way to his English class and Liz was in the middle of telling him that she would meet him outside the class if he wanted.

“Sure Liz, sounds good.” Max smiled and knew she was nervous, but about what? He just couldn’t figure her out, but he couldn’t resist trying.

Liz watched as other girls walked passed them in the hall, and some went into the classroom door directly behind Max. She was terrified that he would stop being friends with her, that they wouldn’t be the way they were this weekend. A sense of dread washed over her and Max noticed it immediately. He reached out and grabbed her arm gently, pulling her off to the side.

“Liz? Are you okay?” Liz heard the concern and tried to calm her nerves.

“I’m…yes Max I’m fine.” Liz tried to smile and Max knew she was lying, but didn’t want to push her. He would find out later though.

“Okay, look I’ll see you in a little while.”

“Okay Max, bye.” Liz smiled and Max waited for her to make her way down the hall to her class before he entered the door for his first class.

Her first class could not go by quick enough. She hardly even paid attention, which was not like Liz at all. What else was she supposed to do? First period English, had some of the most beautiful and popular girls in it. Liz wasn’t stupid, she knew how good looking Max was, she knew those girls would do everything including throwing themselves at him for a date.

She felt sick. When the hell was the bell going to ring?! She thought and wanted to run to Max’s class and pull him out before he got sucked into the abyss.

Liz was not naïve enough to think Max was interested in her as anything other than a friend, but she didn’t want to loose him already. She just found him and she loved talking to him and spending time with him. He listened to her and didn’t treat her like a child, in fact he made her want to grow up and not be so dependent on her parents. She didn’t know why, maybe it was because she knew that even though Max was only sixteen, he had lived a lifetime of heartache and pain, surely that made you grow up quicker, she thought to herself.

“Finally!” Liz whispered out when the bell rang. She was in such haste that she almost ran over her friend, Maria DeLuca.

“Where’s the fire Liz?” Maria turned and pushed back her long golden blonde hair over her shoulders to regard her friend. Maria didn’t understand why Liz had suddenly changed and pushed them all away.

“I’m sorry Maria. I didn’t mean it. How…how are you Maria?” Liz asked because she really wanted to know.

“I’m good, but I…”

“Hey Liz.” Max says approaching Liz from the side.

“Max, hi.” Liz smiled at him and then she realized they weren’t alone. Maria noticed the instant attraction there was between Liz and this new boy.

“Maria, I’m sorry. This is Max Evans. Max this is Maria DeLuca.”

“Nice to meet you Maria.”

“You too Max.” Maria smiled and was about to ask him where he was from, since she of course knew why he was there, but her ever-interrupting boyfriend came up behind her and lifted her off her feet.

“Michael put me down!” Liz knew Maria was not really protesting, she loved it when Michael did that to her.

“Hey Liz, how are you?” Michael asked leaning in giving her a quick kiss on her cheek. Liz felt Max tense up beside her, but she couldn’t figure out why.

“I’m good Mike, I’d like you to meet Max Evans.”

“Evans, you’re new here right?” Michael knew damn well who Max Evans was. In fact the day Max came to town the rumor mill began to spin, but no one dared to say anything out loud. They knew some of the story, and just from that they knew Max had it rough. Besides the fact that the whole school knew it didn’t stop the girls from talking about him, or rather talking about wanting to get with him. All of that aside, Michael would kick anyone’s ass that dared mention it.

Max already knew that everyone knew who he was, but was very grateful that so far everyone had used their discretion. He wondered if Michael had anything to do with it.

“Yeah, I am. So you play ball?” Max asked motioning his head towards the ball in Michael’s hand.

“Oh please! Of course he does Max. He lives and breathes it.” Maria said rolling her eyes. Liz couldn’t help the small giggle that escaped her lips.

“Whatever. Yeah man, you?”

“Hell yeah.” Max said and Liz watched instantly as Max got sucked into the popular abyss. She bit back the tears. It wasn’t that she wasn’t popular, but some how she earned the reputation of being a prude and a rich snob. Which she wasn’t, she just didn’t have time to date, not that guys were throwing themselves at her feet, but she had to keep her grades up, she couldn’t disappoint her parents.

“Maria! You were supposed to meet me this morning.” Isabel said as she approached the small group.

“Isabel, is it really necessary for you to yell? I mean Maria has a set of lungs on her, I think you guys spend entirely too much time together.” Alex said trailing behind his girlfriend.

“Alex please I love you but don’t get in my way right now.”

“Hi Isabel, so nice to see you today.”

“Oh come off it. You were supposed to bring me my shoes this morning, so I had to change my entire outfit.” Isabel said pushing her blonde hair out of her face. That’s when she noticed Liz for the first time, and the new boy.

“Alex Whitman.” Alex said reaching out his hand to Max.

“Max Evans.” Max couldn’t get over all of them they were just too much.

“Isabel Summers.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Liz, long time no see. How are you doing?” Isabel said with a smile on her face. She missed Liz and didn’t really understand what happened to their friendship.

“I’m good Isabel and you?” Liz said nervously, she knew Isabel could be cold sometimes, but not usually to her.

“I’m good.”

“Lizzie P, how are you girl?” Alex came up in front of her and lifted her in his arms and placed a kiss on her cheek. This time Liz managed a small glance in Max’s direction and noticed that he had a scowl on his face, which he quickly covered up.

“I’m good Alex, you?”

“Oh I’m good, Isabel even let me out the house this weekend.”

“Ow!” Everyone began laughing after Isabel slapped Alex on the back for his comment.

Max watched as Liz laughed and it appeared that he really didn’t understand what Liz was talking about. It didn’t seem like they excluded her at all, so what he wondered was why she made it seem that way. Yet another question he had for her, eventually he knew he would start to forget all of his questions, which only meant he would have to start asking them.

The final bell rang and they parted ways making their way to their classes.

Lunch was really awkward for Liz. Both her and Max sat at the lunch table outside, with Maria, Michael, Isabel and Alex. It had been a long time since Liz had lunch with them. She missed it, missed being with them. And with Max there she didn’t feel left out.

They were now making their way to their final class together and Liz noticed the stares that Max was getting and she didn’t like it.

“Parker what’s wrong?”

“Nothing Max we should get to class.” Max sighed. He just didn’t understand her. He knew something was bothering her, but he really didn’t want to push her, she didn’t push him and so she deserved that same respect.

When they finally get to class all eyes are on Max. The teacher took the slip from Max and Liz as Liz took her seat and she hears the whispers coming from the other girls. She felt hurt and sad. They were talking about their plans for trying to go out with him. Liz just sank down in her seat. She couldn’t wait for this day to be over.

“Ms. Parker, would you mind working with Mr. Evans bringing him up to speed with the rest of the class?” Liz’s ears perked up at the teacher’s request and she couldn’t help the small smile that formed on her lips.

“Not a problem.” More whispers and Liz sank down in her seat once again. The whispers didn’t go unheard by Max, so when he approached her and took a seat beside her, he leaned in close and whispered in her ear.

“Don’t let them bother you their just jealous.” He winks at her just waiting for her to smile at him. He loved to see her smile, and was happy as hell that he knew what to say to make her smile. For the rest of the period she couldn’t help but stare at him from the corner of her eye. And she felt giddy inside.

After school Michael and Alex run up to Max and ask him if he wants to play ball.

“Today is not a good day, but how about tomorrow?”

“Sure man, bye Liz.” Both Michael and Alex say.

“Bye.” Liz says and gets into the car that’s waiting.

The drive home is done in complete silence and it’s killing Max.

“Liz why don’t you try?”

“Try?”

“To hang out with them, I know they want to be your friends but you have closed yourself off from them.”

“I did not! They left me!” He looks at her knowingly.

“Fine! I left but what else was I supposed to do? I mean I didn’t have anyone.” She finished sadly looking out the window.

“It’s okay Liz. How about we invite them over tomorrow and we can play, well, you can watch and we’ll play.”

“Sounds good! I’ll ask Maria and Isabel too.” Max knew that Liz desperately missed her friends and it was clearly evident that they missed her as well. He hoped that with him being there, she would open up to them again and let them in.

That evening after dinner, they did some homework together and Max decided that while Liz was in the shower, he would go outside and shoot some hoops.

Max is outside dribbling completely unaware that Liz is now standing directly behind him.

“She must have been a great woman.”

“She was.” Max said as he released the ball and watched it sink into the hoop.

“Yeah my mom used to talk to me about her all the time. She used to tell me that Diane was her best friend and helped her and my father get together. She used to say that Diane was such a smart and beautiful woman. I’m sorry I never got to meet her.” Liz said softly, not really wanting to upset Max in anyway. She just wanted him to know that if he needed someone to talk to she was there for him.

“Me too, she would have loved you.” Max said placing the ball under his arm and turned to face her.

“Me? Really? Why would you say that?”

“Liz you are adorable in every sense of the word, my mother would have pinched your cheeks and just loved the fact that you bake better than Betty Crocker.” Max joked with her, but he was completely serious.

“Funny Evans…really funny.”

“So…um what else did your mom say about my mom?” He ached to know.

“Why don’t you come upstairs with me and I’ll tell you.”

Liz went into the family room and pulled out an old photo album and brought it to Max’s room.

“What’s this?”

“It’s a photo album, of your mom and my mom when they were younger. It even has pictures of them as teenagers and stuff like that.” Liz shrugged her shoulders, now second-guessing her idea.

Max was all to eager and he grabbed the album from her and patted the seat next to him on the floor for Liz to join him.

For the next three hours, Liz went through each photograph and reiterated each story her mother had told her, to Max.

“Thank…thank you Liz. I never knew a lot of that, I guess that’s because they were best friends, and best friends know everything about one another huh?” Max looked at her, and she could tell he was fighting back tears, so she would make this quick.

She stood and Max followed her. “Yes, they were.” Liz smiled and reached up to brush his bangs away from his forehead. Max’s eyes snapped to hers and he leaned in and kissed her cheek softly.

“Goodnight Liz.” Liz smiled at him one last time and placed the photo album at the edge of his bed and made her way towards her room but not before telling him goodnight.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Hello lurkers...thanks for stopping in and letting me know you are enjoying and thanks to everyone for the FB :wink:

Chapter 4

The next day at school, everything was going great for Liz. They had made it all the way through lunch without any snide remarks from other girls about her being around Max.

Liz was in line with her tray, and Max was right in front of her paying for both of their lunches. And suddenly Liz tensed up, she saw the girl coming a mile away.

Angela Sanchez, Liz was wondering what took the girl so long; it had been a whole day that went by before she hit on Max. Liz sighed when Angela reached Max’s side.

What the hell? Max turned to his side when he felt a hand on his arm. He looked at the girl as if waiting for her to say something. “So Max, it is Max right?”

“Yeah.”

“How about joining me for lunch?” Max was about to answer, but he heard a tray hit the floor and turned to see Liz running out of the cafeteria. It was pretty empty in the room, since most of the kids were outside eating their lunch, only a few people noticed and looked up to see what was going on.

How stupid could she be? He was going to go out with Angela and forget all about her. Liz was pacing the hallway and knew she was being ridiculous. Max could date whomever he wanted, but was it so wrong for her to not want to let him go?

“Thanks Parker.” Max came up behind her.

“For what?” Liz jumped a little when she heard his voice, but soon realized she was still hurt.

“For leaving me with the piranha.” Liz laughed. Mission accomplished, Max thought.

“Well, I thought you wanted to sit with her.” Liz said, not even able to look him in the eye.

“You thought wrong.” Max tilted her chin up willing her to look at him, and she did.

“Really?”

“Yes really, now how about we get you some lunch?”

“No! I can’t go back in there, everyone will think…” He saw her panicked look and decided to compromise.

“Okay, how about we share?”

“Thanks Max.”

“Anytime Liz.” He reached his hand out to her and she took it without hesitation.

They made their way outside to sit with Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel. Liz stiffened a bit, she was still trying to get used to being around them again. It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy it, because she did, it was just different.

The rest of the afternoon went off without a hitch. A few comments but that’s about it. Liz and Max were on their way back home when Liz’s cell phone rang.

“Hi Mom.” Liz said cheerfully. Normally she wouldn’t be that happy, but being with Max made her happy, really happy.

“I’m good, yes Max is good too. Oh Mom? Is it okay that Max and I have a few people over after school?” Liz asked and waited to hear her mother lecture her, but instead her mother simply asked who would be coming over.

“Maria, Michael, Isabel and Alex.” Nancy was glad to hear some things were changing while she was gone and she wasn’t naïve to think that it didn’t have anything to do with Max’s presence. She was already grateful for his obvious influence on her.

“Thanks Mom. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”

“So, she was okay with it?”

“Yes, she was actually happy they were coming over.” Liz said and thought it was weird.

“Liz?”

“Yeah?”

“She just wants to see you happy, you know that right?” Liz just nodded.

“Damn Max, do you ever miss a shot?” Michael asked as both he and Alex watched in amazement as Max took another three point shot and nailed it.

“No, I do miss, just not very often.” Max smirked at them. He couldn’t help that it just came naturally to him.

Maria and Isabel were sitting on the bleachers watching the guys. Liz couldn’t help but take a big gulp of her lemonade as she watched Max lift up the front of his shirt to swipe the sweat from his face. She almost ached to see what he looked like without a shirt on.

“Damn Liz, I don’t know how you do it, but he is fine. I think I would be throwing myself at him if he was across the hall from me.” Maria said, paying special attention to her friends face, watching Max’s every move.

“We’re just friends.” Liz finished sadly dropping her eyes to her hands.

“You want more?” Isabel asked joining in the conversation. She thought that Max and Liz would make a great couple.

“No! I mean no, I don’t. I like that we’re friends.” Max threw her a wink and her cheeks burned.

“Right Liz. Do you know that more than half of the female population at school wants Max Evans?” Isabel rolled her eyes and looked to Maria to finish the conversation.

“They do?” Liz swallowed thickly. She knew that a lot of girls were interested in Max, but that many?

“Yes, but you know what?”

“What?”

“He has turned them all down, any idea why?” Liz just shrugged at Maria’s question. She had no idea why he turned them down. Maybe he just didn’t like them.

“No I don’t know. I mean maybe he had a girlfriend before and he misses her or…I don’t know Maria.”

“Oh well, I guess you’ll just have to find out then won’t you, Liz?” Maria said in a singsong voice.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all Liz.” The girls dropped the conversation and spent the rest of the afternoon watching and talking about the guys.

“So, you had a good time Liz?”

“I had a great time. Thanks Max.”

“Why do you keep thanking me Liz?” They were in the kitchen looking over a menu to order dinner. Usually the maid cooked, but Liz decided that she would just order something for her and Max from the local restaurant since they delivered.

“Because well, this week is turning out to be one of the best I’ve had in a long time and it’s all because of you.” Liz smiled brightly at Max.

“In that case, I’m glad and you’re welcome.” Max said as he reached out and pushed a piece of hair that had fallen out of her ponytail, behind her ear. It's so soft, he thought.

He knew he needed to get away from her; he couldn’t let his feelings take over. “I’m going to take a shower before the food gets here.” Max said backing away.

“Oh, okay I’ll just put in the order.” Max nodded and practically ran up the stairs.

“What he hell is happening to me?” He muttered to himself. He was in the bathroom under the spray of the shower, just going over the past couple of days.

First, when he saw both Michael and Alex kiss Liz on the cheek, something stirred inside of him. He knew they were friends but he didn’t like them kissing her, on the cheek or otherwise. Then, when he was playing basketball, he saw her watching him and he liked it so he winked at her. And finally today, a few minutes ago, he almost lost it.

He didn’t know what it was about her, yes, she was smart and beautiful but there was something about her that drew him in. He wanted to get lost in her. Max sighed and finished up his shower knowing that Liz would be waiting.

He was just out the shower and since he didn’t bring his clothes into the bathroom, he wrapped a towel around his waist and entered his bedroom.

Liz had ordered the food and flipped through the television to see if there was something for her and Max to watch. After about fifteen minutes, she wondered what was taking Max so long. She knew the food would be coming, so she decided to run upstairs real quick to let him know the food was on its way.

She reached his door and didn’t think to knock since it was open. She walked straight into his room but the second she did that she realized the mistake she made. Because standing right in front of her was Max, dripping wet with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Oh my God Max! I’m so sorry.” She slapped her hands over eyes and she can’t help how excited she was to see him. His body was breathtakingly beautiful; he had muscles in his chest and arms that Liz had never seen before.

Max looked up in shock as he stepped out of the bathroom when he heard Liz’s voice. He couldn’t believe she was standing in his room and he was half naked. He swallowed thickly and didn’t want to make the moment more awkward for her.

“Liz, it’s okay.” Max stood in front of her and pulled her hands down. He leaned in and the only thought in his mind was that he wanted to kiss her more than anything, but he knew he shouldn’t. They were friends and he didn’t want to ruin that.

Liz on the other hand was screaming inside for him to kiss her already. But the sound of the doorbell chiming broke the moment.

“I’ll just get dressed.” Max looked away and watched as she backed out of his room.

“Okay…I’ll get the food.” Liz said softly and then made a mad dash for the front door. Her breathing was erratic, her heart was beating quickly, and she knew damn well it wasn’t because of her run down the stairs.

It was because of Max. It was because she knew at that moment, more than ever that Max Evans wanted to kiss her.

TBC…FYI I posted a new part to The Long Way Home
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Hope you guys didn't forget about me lol! Anyway I'm going to make a serious effort to post this story twice a week. I just need to get a few more chapters written so behr with me :wink: I know you guys want to see Max and Liz kiss...but I have to build up to something and keep you waiting, but not for long...Promise!

Anyway, thank you for the always amazing feedback, welcome to the new readers and big hello to the lurkers
:wink:

Chapter 5

The week passed by quickly and that weekend Max was out looking for a job. He had Andre, the driver take him around. He had talked to Nancy, who in turn talked to Jeff about Max working. Nancy was against it, but after speaking to her husband decided that if that’s what Max wanted to do for extra money for himself, then it would be fine.

When he got back home, he could already smell something baking when he opened the front door. He just shook his head and laughed to himself.

“Parker, seriously you need a hobby. I mean you bake all this stuff but I never see you eat it.” Max said as he entered the kitchen and took a seat on the stool at the counter.

“Well I can’t, I mean I can but then I’ll lose my boyish figure.” Liz said seriously as she folded a dishtowel in her hands.

“Liz, you are far from looking like a boy.” Max said quickly and made sure that he looked directly at her.

“Really?” Liz looked up unexpectedly. She was surprised by the seriousness in Max’s features. Was it getting hot in the room or was it just the oven, she thought.

“Yes really?” They were flirting and they knew it but they didn’t want to stop. It felt too good.

“So did you find a job Max?”

“Yes, I did actually. It’s a place called Valenti’s Garage.”

“Oh, Kyle’s father owns that place.” A small smiled played on Liz’s lips and Max wanted to know why?

“Kyle?” Max eyed her suspiciously. Who was this Kyle and why had Max not heard of him before? Damn when the hell did he get so jealous, he thought.

“Yes, Maria’s mom is dating Kyle’s dad, Jim.” Liz did not notice the jealousy that was raging through Max, and he was thankful for it.

“Oh yeah Jim Valenti, that was the owner’s name.” Max just nodded and tried to redirect the conversation.

“So what are you making today, Liz?”

“Oh! I’m making cheesecake.” Liz smiled brightly and turned to check the oven. Max slipped off the stool and came to stand behind her. He knew he was playing with fire, but being around Liz brought out a different side of him.

“Let me help you with that, Liz.” Max whispered into her ear as he reached up and grabbed the cake from her hands and placed it on the counter.

“What are putting on top of this?” Max asked knowing damn well she had something to put on it.

“I have strawberries!” Liz bounced to the refrigerator and pulled out strawberries. She then began to take out the ingredients to make a strawberry sauce.

Max watched her intently as she moved around the kitchen with ease. Her hair pulled high on her head and a pink apron around her waist. She was just the most adorable thing he had ever seen. He knew he was getting himself in trouble just sitting there watching her, but he couldn’t resist.

“Liz, you do know that stuff comes in a can?”

“I know Max, but what’s the fun in it?” Liz said as she stirred the strawberries with sugar and a vast array of other ingredients.

“I don’t know. I don’t think I’ll ever know since I can’t cook.” Liz stoped stirring and looked up at him shocked.

“What?”

“I don’t believe you can’t cook, Max.”

“I’m a guy, do I really need to?”

“Pig!”

“What? What did I say?”

“You are trying to say that because you’re a guy you don’t have to learn to cook, because why? A woman will do it for you?” Liz placed her hands on her hips and waited for Max’s response. What came out of his mouth next was the last thing she thought she would hear of course.

She watched as he came up behind her and leaned in close to whisper in her ear. “I have you Parker, you’ll take care of me. I know you will.” Max pulled away; he was dangerously close to kissing her. He could smell her sweet and light perfume, it filled his nostrils and he heard her gasp softly before he pulled away.

Did he just say what she thought he said? No! Liz figured she was overreacting, but he was so close, if he didn’t mean it then he wouldn’t have gotten that close. He wanted to kiss her and she knew it.

What was holding him back, she wondered. Maybe…hell she didn’t know what to think anymore. All she knew was that if they were going to make it past this week she would have to change the subject and soon.

“So, how many days a week will you be working?” Liz said picking up her spoon to continue stirring. She watched as Max slid back onto the stool across the counter from her.

“Well I originally wanted to work four days a week, but your parents weren’t happy with that, they didn’t think I could keep up with school and things, so I decided to go with three days.”

“What days? Are they on the weekends too?”

“No, actually I only have to work Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays till closing.”

“What time do they close on Sunday?” Liz enjoyed having the weekends with him and hoped that he didn’t say some obscene time where she wouldn’t get to see him.

“They close at four, so I’ll have the rest of the afternoon free.” Max smiled, and somehow he knew exactly what Liz was concerned with. That is one reason why he insisted that he couldn’t work on Saturdays; otherwise he would be missing times like these with Liz.

“When do your parents get back?” Max asked as they made their way upstairs, it was getting late and they needed to have dinner before Liz got cranky.

“What are you laughing at?” Liz eyed him suspiciously.

“Nothing, just that we need to get some food in your stomach before you get all cranky.”

“I do not get cranky!” Liz whined and brushed past him to enter her bedroom.

“And they get back the day before my birthday.” Liz said as she flung herself on top of her bed.

Max had to stop himself, because at that moment he wanted to join her, but that would not be good.

“Ah yes you will be the big sixteen.” Max said as he took a seat near the window.

“Yeah.” Liz said rolling onto her stomach to face Max. She rested her head in her hand. She wasn’t trying to stare but she just couldn’t help it.

“You’re not excited.” Max looked at her surprisingly. Surely she would be happy about her birthday.

“Not really.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know I mean it’s nothing special.” Liz shrugged.

“Of course it is, it’s the day you graced this world with your beauty.” She throws a pillow at him.

“Get some new lines, Evans.”

“Oh really?” He jumped up and crossed the room in an instant. She tried to scramble off the bed, but Max beat her to it. He began to tickle her senseless. He quickly straddled her waist and pinned her to the mattress with one hand as she squirms in his arms. Max thought at that moment that she felt really good in his arms.

“Stop Max! Please! I can’t breathe!”

“Oh all right! You’re lucky I have a soft spot for you, Parker.” Max said as he pulled her to a sitting position and they both try to get their breathing back to normal.

“Do you want to go to college?” She asked him after a few minutes of silence.

“Yes.”

“For what?”

“To be an Architectural Engineer.”

“Did you always want to be that?”

“No.”

“What did you want to be when you were younger?”

“Just like my father.” Max finished flatly as he rose from the bed and crossed the room once again.

Liz knew not to ask, and she knew better than to push. She gave him time, just like Max gave her time. She knew that he would come to her when he was ready, at least she hoped.

“When do you start?” Nancy asked over the phone.

“I start tomorrow.” Max said as he made his way downstairs for dinner. He had called Nancy to tell her that he was starting work this week.

“Okay, I just want to make sure you have Andre take you and pick you up okay?”

“Yes.”

“Alright sweetie, have a good night.”

“You too, Nancy.” Max really liked her, she reminded him of his mother a little, maybe because they were best friends. Obviously they got along really well so there would have to be some qualities that were similar, he thought.

“Was that my mom before?” Liz said entering Max’s bedroom. They were going to study before bed.

“Yeah, it was, did you want to talk to her?”

“No, not really.”

“Liz, why don’t you get along with her?” Max decided that it was time he got some answers as to why Liz and her mother’s relationship was the way it was.

“I do. It’s just that, I feel like I can’t relate to her at all. She doesn’t understand me, Max, and I don’t know how to make her.” Liz said and started to fidget a little, the conversation was not one she wanted to have.

“I know you don’t but maybe you need to try harder, Liz.” Max said and as soon as the words left his mouth, he knew Liz was upset with him.

“Try harder? What is that supposed to mean?” Liz pinned him with an incredulous glare.

“It means cut her some slack. Anytime she says anything to you, you just jump down her throat.” Max said sitting up a little to face her.

“I do not! And you don’t know what it was like for me Max, what it’s like for me every day, so don’t sit there and tell me how I should be!” Liz began to pace the room. He didn’t know how lonely she was for years, and how…

“Why don’t you tell me Liz? So that I can understand.” Max said willing her to calm down and just open up to him. Liz heard the plea in his voice and she just melted. She took a seat beside him and started.

“It’s just that ever since I can remember, she hasn’t been there for me. I mean I was left with babysitters and I feel like I don’t know her, so how can she know me? I love her don’t get me wrong, but she and my father have ideas of what my life is supposed to be like. They don’t want me to fail, Max.”

“There is nothing wrong with them trying to protect you, right?”

“No, but if I don’t fail, how do I learn anything? Textbooks and tests aren’t going to teach me to survive in this world, Max. I can’t even get a job, because my parents feel that there is no need for me to get one. They tell me we have enough money that I would never have to work…ever. But what the hell am I going to school for? I might as well drop out at that point, you know?” Max reached out a hand to her and placed it on her shoulder.

“I know, Liz. I’m sorry I pushed you. I shouldn’t have.” Max finished regretfully. He never meant to hurt her or make her feel defensive towards him.

“It’s okay, Max. Maybe you can just see it from my side too. My mom loves you, Max. I know she does and my father he praises you to me every chance he gets when I’m talking to him. She is just different with you. Maybe, I don’t know. Maybe they wanted a son and all they got was me.” Liz said trying to hold in the sob that threatened to escape past her lips.

“Liz, don’t ever say that!” Max said pulling her into his arms. He knew that the problem between Liz and her parents was communication, but maybe sometimes things are left unsaid for so long that when you finally try it never comes out right. There is sometimes too much pain and resentment that clouds the important things. Max knew that he would never let Liz feel like she didn’t belong or feel like she wasn’t wanted.

“I know…it just hurts, Max.” Liz couldn’t hold back any longer. She let the years of pain and anger go. Max just wrapped his arms around her tighter and laid them down. He rocked her until her tears subsided and placed a kiss on her forehead as her breathing evened out. He knew she was sleeping but he refused to let her go, because he knew now more than ever he was falling for Liz and fast.

TBC…I should have another part ready for Wednesday :wink:
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - As promised...I'm back with a new part. Thank you for your great feedback. Aren't they sweet? I know you want them to throw down and do the nasty...but you have to wait a little while longer for that :twisted:

Just wanted to comment on this...
Smac wrote:These two are just too adorable for words! Okay I know it's sexist but I thought it was cute when Max said Liz could take care of the cooking for him. Honey, I would only be too glad to cook him up anything he wanted, anytime! :lol: You are right on target with the flirting and the types of conversation they have for 16 year olds. Their talks sound just like something teenagers would say to one another so it sounds so authentic. It also adds to the sweetness and innocence of first loves and this story.
I wanted to say, thank you! That has got to be one of the best compliments on my writing I've gotten thus far. It's been a while since I've been out of high school and was seriously worried that I wouldn't be able to pull it off LOL :D

Hellooooo Lurkers....I know you're out there :wink:

Chapter 6

“Come on Parker, get your lazy ass up and get dressed.” Liz rolled over on her bed and scrunched her nose at Max when he opened her bedroom curtains allowing the sun to shine in.

“Max, please a little longer.” Liz groaned and covered her head under the blankets. When she didn’t hear Max protest. She peaked out her head. Which turned out to be a mistake because the second he saw her brown eye peak out from beneath the blankets, he lifted her in his arms and carried her into the bathroom.

“Happy Birthday, Liz.” Max leaned down and gave her a kiss on the cheek before closing the bathroom door. Liz just stood there and placed her hand on her cheek and then turned to look in the mirror. “It’s already starting out great.” Liz said before she jumped into the shower.

“Max, where is that daughter of mine?” Nancy said still making some final preparations for her daughters sixteenth birthday party. Her and her husband had just arrived home the day before, and she needed to take care of some last minute details.

“She’s in the shower, I had to drag her out of bed.” Max said laughing to himself as he took his seat at the table in the kitchen. Nancy eyed him suspiciously. Obviously, he and her daughter had grown closer in the couple of weeks she was gone. Something she was very pleased with.

“What did you to do her?” Nancy looked up from her cup of coffee. Max just shrugged and told Nancy what he had just done. Nancy couldn’t help but laugh.

“So, what’s so funny this morning?” Jeff walked in and placed a kiss on his wife’s cheek before taking a seat on the opposite end of the table. Max couldn’t help but watch them, they were so in love, and after all these years they still loved one another. He could tell just by the way they looked at one another. A small smile appeared on his lips just thinking about the story Liz had told him about how his mother had gotten Jeff and Nancy together in the first place.

“Max, how are you doing son?” It was still different for Max to hear someone other than his father to call him son, but he liked it nonetheless.

“I’m doing good. I’m just waiting for Liz to get downstairs so we can head outback.” Max said taking a sip of his juice.

“You finally going to give her some basketball lessons?” Jeff was very fond of Max. He was a great kid, with an even better head on his shoulders than some adults he knew. And although Jeff knew that he shouldn’t be happy that his daughter was interested in this young man, or anyone for that matter, he couldn’t help but feel thankful it was someone like Max. He and Max had talked almost everyday, just as he did with his daughter, his little girl. Jeff knew that Max was the link to bringing them back their daughter, he knew that all those years of leaving her while they went away on business would catch up to he and his wife. However, the more his daughter spent around Max, the more she started to let the resentment go.

“Yes, today is lesson number one, we’ll see how she does. I just know she’ll be totally adorable.” Max didn’t realize he had let that comment slip past his lips, in front of her parents no less. He groaned inwardly. The situation was getting complicated and he knew it, but he was also defenseless to stop it.

Jeff and Nancy looked at one another and were about to make a small comment back at Max, but were interrupted by their daughter bouncing into the kitchen with a bright smile on her face.

“Morning!” Liz said making her way over to her parents, who wished her a very happy birthday. She gave them both a hug and kiss before walking over to take a seat next to Max.

“Hey, sleepyhead.”

“Whatever. You know I could get up on my own.”

“Right, that’s why you were huddled under the blankets like a little baby?”

“Shut up, Max!”

Jeff and Nancy exchanged another look but couldn’t help but laugh as the two teens joked around with each other with such ease.

“Okay, well I have to get a few more things done before this evening, so you both have a good afternoon. And Liz?”

“Yeah Mom?”

“Don’t forget to eat.” Liz just nodded and gave Max a swift kick in the shin when she heard him mumble ‘cranky’.

“Lizzie?”

“Yes, Dad?”

“When you and Max are done outside, can you come into my study?”

“Of course.”

“Well then you both have a good time.” Jeff winked at Max knowing the boy had his work cut out for him with his daughter.

“I’m too short!” Liz whined when she still couldn’t get the ball in the basket. Max just watched her for a few seconds. She was wearing a lavender basketball jersey and matching shorts, with her ponytail hanging loosely down her back. He couldn’t help but think with her looking frustrated and cranky that she was just breathtaking. He wanted to kiss her and make her body melt against his, but he couldn’t. It wasn’t the right time. Besides her parents could see, and what would they think? No. He would just wait until the time was right, until it felt right.

“Liz, you’re not too short. Trust me, you’re just getting too frustrated. So how about this? I’ll dribble the ball in front of you, you try and steal it away, then dribble it down the court and set yourself up for a lay up.” Max ended his sentence right there, and Liz turned and looked at him waiting for more instructions.

“And?” Liz placed her hand on her hip waiting for the rest.

“And just trust me. Do you trust me?” Max asked leaning in and grabbing the ball from under Liz’s arm. It sent shivers down her spine and she knew her voice wasn’t going to work, so she just nodded and waited for Max to get into position.

She watched his well-defined arms dribble the ball between his long, muscular legs and then she snapped back to reality. She got hold of the ball and dribbled it down the court and was getting ready to make the lay-up, knowing she wouldn’t even begin to get the ball anywhere near the basket.

Suddenly, she felt him place a hand on either side of her waist and lift her in the air, she didn’t think twice; she just released the ball and watched as it sank straight into the basket.

“I did it! We did it Max!” Liz shouted as Max placed her on her feet. The second she was on her feet she jumped into his arms. “Thank you! That was so much fun!” Liz said wrapping her arms tightly around Max’s neck and loving the feel of his arms wrapped around her waist.

“You’re welcome, and don’t worry, soon you’ll be able to do that on your own.” Max winked at her and placed a kiss on her forehead before releasing her from his embrace. Liz stood in front of him and she desperately wanted to tell him how she felt, but knew that Max wouldn’t welcome it, especially not with her parents around. She would just wait for the right moment.

Nancy watched from the kitchen as Max and her daughter laughed. And then she settled back and watched how they interacted. She smiled to herself, but then froze when she saw her daughter jump into Max’s arms. The smile her daughter had lit up her entire face.

Nancy knew she needed to have a talk with her daughter. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust Max or dislike him in anyway, but Liz was her daughter, who never so much as had a boyfriend. Therefore Nancy wanted to make sure Liz knew what she was getting into.

“Liz honey, can I talk to you for a minute?” Liz came back downstairs from her shower and was getting ready to go see her father.

“Sure Mom, I was just going to see Dad.” Liz took a seat next to her mother on the couch.

“Liz, I saw you and Max play earlier.” Liz froze, if she saw them play, then there was a good chance she saw them hugging.

“It’s okay, honey.” Nancy saw the fear in her daughter’s eyes and quickly put it to rest.

“What do you mean?” Liz turned to her mother in confusion.

“I mean, Liz I know we don’t talk much, but I think we need to talk about you and Max.”

“Me and Max? What is there to talk about? We’re friends and we have a great time together.” Liz said trying to keep the conversation light.

“Liz, I see the way you look at him and I see the way he looks at you.” Liz wanted to crawl into a hole at that moment. She was so embarrassed.

“Mom, seriously we’re just friends. We haven’t even talked about anything like that and I don’t think we ever will.” Liz shrugged sadly. That did not go unnoticed by Nancy who quickly asked what the problem was.

“Nothing Mom, you wouldn’t understand.”

“Try me, Liz.”

“Well, Max doesn’t see me like that. I mean why would he? I’m just plain and boring. He could have any girl at school you know? I mean they throw themselves at him.” Liz said biting back the pain she felt in her heart at that knowledge.

Nancy quickly lifted her daughter’s chin to face her. When she saw that her daughter was looking hurt, Nancy told her what was on her mind.

“Liz, you are not plain. You’re beautiful and you are definitely anything less than boring. And as far as the girls at school, if Max wanted to be with any of them, the way it seems to me is that he could…but he’s not sweetie.” Liz looked at her mother, since she had just said something pretty similar to what Maria had told her a few weeks ago.

“Mom, I just think we’re friends. I can talk to him and he listens, just like I do for him and we just have a great time together.”

“Promise me Liz, that you’ll tell me the second it becomes more than friends.” Liz didn’t want to make a promise to her mother that she knew she probably wouldn’t keep, but she did regardless.

“I promise.” Nancy kissed her daughters forehead and sent her off to her father.

It was early in the afternoon and Liz’s party wasn’t starting for a few more hours. It was going to be a small affair. Liz liked things simple, but the Parkers had a lot of family. Liz was thankful that not only was Max going to be there, but Isabel, Maria, Michael and Alex as well.

Maria and Isabel had come over early just to hang around until they needed to head home to change for the party. Currently Maria was sitting at the edge of Liz’s bed staring out her bedroom door.

“Maria, what the hell are you doing?” Isabel asked when she’d asked her a question and received no response. Liz got up and peaked in the direction of Maria’s gaze and then she felt her cheeks burn.

Across the hall Max was doing pull-ups on the bar in his closet and didn’t realize that the mirror on his closet door was angled perfectly for Maria to see him.

“Nothing, just taking in the scenery.” Maria said without looking away. She was watching as Max’s back muscles and arms flexed with each pull. Liz finally stood in front of Maria with her hands on her hips.

“Maria, if Michael knew…”

“Well he doesn’t so just let me drool.” Liz threw her hands up in the air and then froze when she heard Max’s voice behind her.

“Hey, ladies.” Max said after pulling his shirt over his head and stepping into Liz’s open bedroom door.

“Hey, Max.” Both Isabel and Maria said simultaneously. Liz however just turned around and prayed that Max did not see her checking him out.

“Hi Max, what are you up to?” Liz tried to hide her embarrassment. She was still checking him out, even though he now had on a T-shirt. Was it getting hot in the room or was it just her?

“I just stopped in to let you know I was going out for a swim if you wanted to join me later.” Max smiled and said his goodbyes as he made his way downstairs for a drink.

Once Max was out of earshot, Liz closed her door because she knew what was coming. When she turned around she saw Maria and Isabel jumping on the bed chanting, “Join him, Liz! Join him please!”

Liz tried to play it cool, and walked over to her dresser without commenting. Then she threw a smile over her shoulder and said, “What should I wear?”

Maria and Isabel were reluctant to leave, but did so only when Liz pushed them out the front door and promised them details tomorrow.

Liz made her way towards the backyard with her robe on. As she rounded the corner she heard the soft swooshing of the water and then she saw him. His dark raven hair matted to his head as his arms took long purposeful strokes in the water. His moves were graceful and she watched the water as it rippled over his muscles.

“Are you going to gawk all day or jump in?” Liz was completely startled. He caught her staring, and she wanted to runaway at that moment. What if he was angry with her for looking? But she couldn’t help herself from asking, what if he wasn’t?

Max saw her staring at him with an unknown look on her face, and he decided it was getting uncomfortable for him, so he teased her.

“I’m coming, don’t rush me.” Liz said and pulled off her robe. Max was in the deep end and making his way over to where she was, but when he saw her robe come off he went straight under and started choking.

“Are you okay?” Liz turned around when she heard him coughing. “I’m fine Liz…just fine.” Which was a total lie. Suddenly he was very thankful that the water was cold, but not cold enough apparently. He needed to think of something else other than her long creamy legs and her perfectly shaped bottom. He tried to get his breathing under control as well as his body. What was wrong with him? It’s not like he never saw a half naked girl before, but there was something so innocent and pure about Liz that made Max’s heart race.

She walked over to the steps and slowly eased into the water. It was cold, not freezing, but it was really warm outside so she knew she’d get used to it soon enough.

Max was now halfway between the deep end and the shallow end. He was waiting for Liz to swim over to him, but she didn’t. Instead she took hesitant steps and looked as if she was concentrating really hard.

“Liz? Can you swim?” He saw her face fall and knew he was right. He quickly swam over to her and stood up in front of her. He lifted his hand and tilted her chin to look at him.

“It’s okay, Liz. I just…I don’t know why anything about you surprises me anymore.” Max smiled and chuckled softly to himself. Liz took it as him making fun of her and went on the defensive.

“No, I can’t and don’t laugh at me!” Liz stated taking her arms and crossing them over her chest. She was trying really hard not to stare at Max’s bare chest. She didn’t think she would ever grow tired of seeing it. And just as she had stated when she first met him, he was not built like a normal sixteen-year-old boy. For which she was eternally grateful.

“I’m not laughing about that. And it’s not funny, you should learn, Liz.” She shrugged and started to move past him but he places his hand on her shoulder.

“I’ll teach you. We’ll do it after school when I’m not working and then on the weekends okay?” Max asked gently, not wanting to upset her or make her feel bad. There were plenty of people he knew who couldn’t swim.

“Okay.” She let out in a soft whisper. Still somewhat embarrassed that she couldn’t swim.

“Now come here.” Max said as he reached out his arms to her. She stepped closer to him, allowing him to pull her into his arms. She wrapped her arms and legs around him as he made his way towards the deep end.

Max felt her tense up immediately. So he looked into her eyes and saw the fear there, he brushed her hair away from her shoulder and whispered to her, “Trust me Liz.” Liz just nodded because she knew no matter what; Max would never hurt her or put her in danger.

“Nancy, where is Max at? I went upstairs but he’s not there.” Jeff said entering the living room, to find his wife closing her address book as she looked up to address him.

“I’m not sure, but I saw Liz go outside, probably for a swim. Maybe he’s with her, if not, she’ll probably know where he is. I have to go check on the caterers and make sure everything is prepared before I go and get ready.”

“Can you believe it, Nancy? Our little girl is turning sixteen. I look at her still and see my baby girl running around the house with long brown pigtails. Where does the time go?” Jeff asked his wife as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I know, I feel the same way when I look at her. But she’s becoming a beautiful woman and I’m so proud of her.” She said giving her husband a sweet kiss before they parted ways.

Jeffrey Parker made his way to the backyard but stopped immediately at the sight before him. His daughter had her arms wrapped around Max as he swam with her into the deep end. And then he saw his daughter smile, a smile that he had only seen since Max had arrived to live with them.

He would have to speak to Max and soon, he thought.

Later that evening Max was getting dressed for the party and Liz was already in her bedroom with the door closed listening to her music full blast. He just shook his head and went on his way to find his shoes, when he heard a knock at the door.

“Max, can I talk to you for a minute?” Max turned around to see Jeff standing at his door.

“Of course, come in.” Max could tell he had something to say, he just hoped it wasn’t anything bad.

“What are your intentions towards my daughter?” Jeff didn’t know that was the question he was going to ask, until it left his mouth.

Suddenly Max’s throat grew tight and he thought for just a split second he might pass out, but he got himself together quickly. “Just friends, sir.” Jeff knew he was making the kid sweat, but it was with best intentions that he did it.

“You know I don’t like you calling me sir, sounds so official, Max.”

“Yes Jeff.”

“Now, back to my question. What were you doing in the pool this afternoon?” Max thought that was it, he was going to throw him out on his ass for touching his only daughter. Max resisted the urge to groan out loud at his stupidity. He knew her parents were home, what the hell was he thinking?

“I…we…she can’t swim. So I was taking her in the deep end. And I…I was going to teach her after school and on the weekends that I didn’t work.” Max swallowed thickly and just waiting for Jeff’s response.

“Very well, son. I’m glad you’ll be teaching her. You know we tried to get instructors, but she was just too shy with them to let them help her. So I’d appreciate it if you kept me up to speed on her progress.”

“Yes, of course I will.”

“I’ll let you finish getting ready for the party.” Jeff said and as soon as he was gone, Max threw himself back on his bed. His heart was pounding out of his chest and he thought he might actually have to take another shower; he was seriously sweating there for a minute.

He didn’t know if he could go on kidding himself about his feelings for Liz, or anyone for that matter, because obviously he wasn’t being as subtle as he thought he was.

It was going to be a long night, he thought as he made his way back into the bathroom to wash his face with some very cold water.

TBC…The next part is something you have been begging me for :twisted:
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - So I'm back with another part and I just wanted to say that I can't express how happy I am you are all enjoying this :wink:

su-lyn - I am evil and I can't say I'll get better :twisted:
janesdilemma - I turn red with embarrasement trying to write this stuff!
Dreamer06 - Your tourture is over...for now :twisted:
FSUMSW94 - Ah yes, when the pregnancy comes which won't be for quite sometime, things will get complicated but not like you think :wink:
RASaero611 - There will be a lot of different lessons for Liz in this story.
Raychelxluscious - <:0) <---Riley, Riley he's our smiley if he can't do it nobody can! *ahem* Okay seriously the partentals shall be departing soon! *hugs*
DreamerHeart - Ah yes Max he's such the teacher, well he's got a lot more lessons to teach Liz in life :twisted:
Jason's Lover - Are you frustrated Crystal? I mean I could never tell...*desperate much* LMAO!! hahaha!!
behrlyliz - You are welcome and more is on it's way!
Jasons Angel - *waves* Hi! Love to know about new reader or lurker...which ever, I'm easy to please :wink:
begonia9508 - You are right sleeping together will just make things more difficult, I don't think they are ready for that...yet :twisted:
frenchkiss70 - Tiph...Now I know you ARE frustrated lol! How can I tell you ask? Hmm...let's see...
Who says anything about sleeping together? I'd be happy if they'd just KISS already!!!!
But I'm sure Liz wouldn't complain if he'd just KISS HER NOW!!!!!
Me frustrated... naaaaahhhhhh
Sorry I had to just pull that out from your feedback LOL!! hahaha!!! I don't mean it really...uhm...well yes I do :twisted: *hugs*
Emz80m - Oh God, you are really great leaving me feedback since I have been seriously slacking in the feedback department...this is what happens when you are trying to write a total of 6 stories at the same time :shock: Thank you! *hugs*
Earth2Mama - It's okay if you jump for joy! As far as the parentals I will say that I am trying to create them as anything less than typical parents. I hope I succeed!
Bixie - I think instead of Max looking for a hole when the time comes he's gonna have to dig that puppy himself :twisted:
BehrObsession - Thank you. And yes Jeff and Nancy realize what they have created, they don't have the full picture yet but it will start to become clear :wink:
Lizza - I'm so happy you like my Max and Liz together!
Smac - I just wanted to comment on something you said, So for parents that are gone alot, they sure are observant this is exactly what I was going for. I know Liz's parents are away but I didn't want them to come off a total f'ing morons. I mean they have eyes and ears and just because they aren't around as much, doesn't mean they don't know what's going on :wink: Oh! And we are a ways from them *cementing* LOL!
Alien614 - I'm glad you think they are sweet. I try my best to make it come across without sounding completely cheezy :wink:
flyawayraven - Wow! Really?! Well thank you! I appreciate it and enjoy new readers!
mareli - I know what you mean. I would be worried too however they will realize they created the environment so now they will have to be adults and handle it :wink: That should be interesting no? LOL! Thank you!
AmberEyed51 - THEA!! Now what kind of question is that? Of course I missed you! I was having withdrawl symptoms! Good to have you back *hugs*
linliz68 - Of course gotta make Max sweat...that was just for starters of course :twisted:
OmegaRam1 - Yes Ma'am. Max and Liz loving coming up...soon :twisted:
Lurkers - *Big Wave*

Well my fingers are tired now... I haven't done that in a while but I felt you all deserved some feedback from me :wink:

But enough about me...

Chapter 7

It was an hour until her party started and some guests had already started to arrive. After trying on five dresses, she was still standing in the middle of her bedroom in her bra and panties. There was a knock on her door and she peaked her head out to see Maria standing outside.

“Thank God! I don’t know what to wear Maria.” Liz pulled Maria into the room. Maria took one look at Liz’s room and knew her friend was in trouble.

“Liz, what the hell are you doing? People are starting to arrive, you need to get your ass downstairs.” Maria went around the room picking up the discarded dresses her friend left on the floor.

“Maria, I know that, but what the hell am I supposed to wear? I mean seriously nothing is looking right at all.” Liz sighed and sank down to the floor. Tonight was important, not just because it was her birthday, but because it was going to be the first time Max would see her all dressed up and she wanted to look really good for him.

“I know just what you need.” Maria moved around the room and grabbed a CD off of Liz’s dresser, then placed it into the CD player.

The second she heard the beginning of the song Liz was on her feet already dancing to the beat. Maria turned around and joined her friend in the middle of the room.

If I was a rich girl
na, na, na, na, na, na
See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end
Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl

Think what that money could bring
I'd buy everything
Clean out Vivienne Westwood
In my Galliano gown
No, wouldn't just have one hood
A Hollywood mansion if I could
Please book me first-class to my fancy house in London town

“I love this part!” Liz yelled over the music and both girls started to sing.

“All the riches baby, won't mean anything
All the riches baby, won't bring what your love can bring
All the riches baby, won't mean anything
Don't need no other baby
Your lovin' is better than gold, and I know

If I was rich girl
na, na, na, na, na, na
See, I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl
No man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end
Cause I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy girl”

Max was sent upstairs to drag Liz downstairs using force if necessary, by Nancy. Of course when he reached her door the sounds of Gwen Stefani, Maria DeLuca and Liz Parker were filtering through the hallway.

“Of course, only Liz would sing about being a rich girl even though she already is one.” Max mumbled and laughed to himself before raising his hand to the door.

“Liz!”

He heard some cursing and then the room went quiet. He then heard Liz’s voice through the door.

“Yes, Max?” She was mortified. Did he hear her?

“When you’re done being Gwen, you want to come downstairs before your Mom flips out?” Max said knowing he would make Liz blush. He wished he could see her face at that moment.

Seconds later the door was being opened and a big light blue pillow was being thrown out the door and into his face.

“Nice Liz, real nice!” Max said as he threw the pillow across the hall into his room. He decided to give them a few more minutes while he tried keep Nancy calm downstairs.

“Maria, what the hell? He heard me. God! Kill me now please!” Liz said banging her head against the door. Not only did she not have anything to wear, but also Max had heard her dreadful singing voice.

“Liz, stop it. I’m sure he thought it was cute, besides he probably didn’t hear you over the music. He was probably just joking.” Maria said trying to calm Liz down. The girl was climbing up the walls and the party hadn’t even started yet.

“Okay. You’re right. Now I need something to wear, because I don’t think the bra and panty look is in this year.” Liz smiled and walked over to her closet once again.

“I’m sure Max wouldn’t mind.” Maria said in a singsong voice. Liz just threw her a glare over her shoulder and went about her business of finding a dress to wear.

“I got it!” Liz said pulling a new dress she bought a few days ago at the mall.

“Well are you going to show it to me or keep it all to yourself in that closet?” Maria asked anxiously awaiting a view of the dress her friend finally picked out.

“This!” Liz said as she pulled out a spaghetti strap three quarter length Georgette lilac dress with a V-neck. It had small beads in a floral pattern all over the front of the dress. One side of dress stopped right at the knee while the other side stopped a little above the ankle. It was beautiful and perfect, Maria thought.

“I love it Liz, so will Max.” Maria winked at Liz knowingly. All Liz could do was blush and get dressed quickly.

Max literally thought his heart was going to stop when Liz descended the stairs. Her hair was loose and curled at the ends, so it just bounced as she walked. She was breathtaking, his heart started to race and he felt the need to shield her from everyone’s eyes.

Liz was so nervous, every eye was on her and then she spotted Max across the room, looking at her, no more like burning a hole into her. She felt her temperature rise quickly and her heartbeat quicken, but then their eyes met and she smiled sweetly at him.

Max swallowed thickly after turning away from her, hoping that Mr. Parker didn’t just witness that. He blew out a breath when he didn’t see him in the room.

Liz made her way around to all her guests leaving the best for last, she thought. She finally found Max standing in the corner talking to Michael and Alex.

“Looking good, Parker.” Michael said giving Liz is a quick kiss on the cheek and wishing her a happy birthday.

“Thanks, Mike.”

“Lizzie P, so you think you’re all grown up now don’t you?” Liz smiled and gently smacked Alex’s arm before allowing him to kiss her on the cheek and wish her a happy birthday as well. Liz then turned to her left.

“Happy birthday, Liz. You look amazing.” Liz blushed and then felt Max wrap his arms around her, kissing her temple softly. Michael and Alex watched the exchange and knew it would be better if they left the two of them alone for a minute.

“Thanks. You look really good too, Max.” Liz smiled at him after taking in his appearance. And he did look good; he was wearing a pair of black dress pants and a white button down cotton shirt. It looked so good against his tan skin, Liz thought to herself.

They stood there looking into one another’s eyes for another minute before Mrs. Parker interrupted them.

“Liz, it’s time to cut the cake and then you need to open your presents honey.” When Nancy exited the kitchen area and found Max and Liz in the corner talking softly, she didn’t want to interrupt but the party needed to go on.

“Okay, Mom. I’m coming.” Liz reached out her hand to Max and he wrapped his hand around hers as they made their way into the center of the room.

“Remember you have to make a wish, honey.” Mr. Parker said as he kissed the top of his daughter’s head and came to stand beside her.

Liz looked down at the cake and then to her right, where Max was standing staring directly at her. She swallowed thickly and knew exactly what she was going to wish for.

She closed her eyes and blew out her sixteen candles. A round of applause was heard, and then Alex and Michael yell out. “We want a big piece Mrs. Parker!” Liz and Max just rolled their eyes, as everyone in the room broke out in laughter.

The rest of the party went by fairly quickly and Liz found herself dragging her tired body up the stairs, after seeing every last guest out. She wished her parents goodnight and made her way down the hall to her room.

She noticed that Max wasn’t in his room. Liz wondered where he was, so she quickly threw her shoes in her bedroom and walked into his room. That’s when she spotted him on the balcony.

“Hey there.”

“Hi. Everyone gone?”

“Yes, finally.” Liz said and took a seat beside Max.

“Did you have a good birthday, Liz?” Max asked, he had yet to give her his present and didn’t want to wait much longer.

“Yes, it was one of my best birthdays.” Liz smiled up at him. Without looking at her Max asked his next question. “So what did you wish for?”

“I can’t tell you, otherwise it won’t come true.” Liz said as she stood up and made her way back into his room. Max just nodded and followed her. She was still wearing her dress and she threw herself on top of his bed. He watched as the delicate straps fell off her shoulder thereby revealing the soft swell of her breasts. He tried to focus on what he wanted to say but as soon as he saw her lying on his bed with her eyes closed, all thought left his mind, with the exception of joining her.

He crossed his room and closed his door before taking a seat beside her. Liz eyed him suspiciously and rolled onto her side. “What’s wrong Max?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to give you my present in private.” Max shrugged and leaned over to his nightstand to grab his wrapped present for her.

“You got me a present?!” Liz asked sitting up and leaning over his shoulder to see if she could tell what he got her. She was so excited.

“Of course I did! Did you think I wouldn’t?” Max said feeling hurt that she would honestly think that he got her nothing for her birthday.

“Well no, I mean I didn’t expect it. But I knew you would get me something. So what is it?” Liz said getting on her knees to try and reach the box Max was holding over his head, so she couldn’t reach it.

“You want to sit down for a minute before you fall over and crack your head open?” Max joked and Liz just crossed her arms and plopped back down on the bed to wait.

“Thank you. Now, I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to get you. I mean what do you get a girl who can buy anything in the world?” Max saw her begin to speak, but he cut her off.

“Just let me say this okay?” Liz just nodded. He took a deep breath and began his little speech.

“I was lying in bed the other night, just thinking about my mother and that’s when it hit me. I knew exactly what to give you.” Max smiled and handed her a long box. Liz looked at him as if to ask, do you want me to open this now? And Max simply nodded his approval. After unwrapping the present she opened the box and saw the most beautiful necklace she had ever seen. It was a platinum necklace with a charm that had two interlocking hearts hanging from it.

“It was…it was my mothers.” Max said softly and waited for Liz took look at him. However when she did, he almost wished she hadn’t. She had tears in her eyes and he wanted to reach out to her, but needed for her to understand why he gave it to her.

“She said that, when she was pregnant with me, she was walking by a jewelry store and saw it in the window and just had to have it.” Max smiled remembering his mother telling him the story not more than a year ago. “Anyway, she bought it because it reminded her that, having me meant that our hearts would always be connected. She gave it to me on my fifteenth birthday, she told me to keep it and give it to someone special.” Liz couldn’t hold back her emotions any longer. She leaned up and threw her arms around Max. She closed her eyes when she felt his strong arms wrap about her waist and pull her closer.

“Thank you Max, this means so much to me, that you would want to give me something so special that your mom gave to you. This is by far the best present I could have ever received.” Liz smiled and wanted to kiss him, she didn’t want to wait, but just as she leaned in, Max placed his hands on her shoulder.

“Liz?” Max whispered out.

“Yes?”

“Tell me what your wish was for?”

“Max, it’s embarrassing.”

“Tell me.” Max pleaded softly.

“To…” Max silenced her with a finger against her lips. He never intended on her telling him, but was happy that she was willing to do it for him.

“Liz?”

“Yeah?”

“Have you ever been kissed before?” She looked away embarrassed and he tilted her face back to face him.

“Close your eyes.” And she did for him. He smiled and closed his eyes. He could feel the soft puffs of air coming from her slightly parted lips against his face, and then he leaned in and brushed a light kiss against her lips.

He pulled away to see if she wanted him to stop. Her eyes were still closed so he leaned in once again; only this time he kissed her harder. He cupped the back of her head and slanted his lips over hers. Once he felt her respond to him, he ran one hand down her back bringing her that much closer.

Liz couldn’t believe how incredibly soft and warm his lips were against hers, or how gentle he was with her. She couldn’t suppress the soft moan that escaped from the back of her throat, and once it did she felt Max’s warm tongue glide into her mouth. She didn’t really know what to do, so she just caressed it with her tongue, and enjoyed the feeling immensely.

Max thought that if it were possible to drink from her lips all day, he would without a second thought. She tasted so sweet and she felt so warm. When he felt her warm tongue glide against his, it was his undoing. He moaned softly and pulled her onto his lap.

They continued that way until their lungs were screaming for air. They rested their foreheads against one another, their eyes locked and their erratic breathing filled the room.

Max smiled at her and reached over and grabbed the necklace from Liz’s hand and placed it around her neck. He then leaned up and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Happy Birthday, Liz.”

TBC…Song is not mine...belongs to Gwen Stefani, Rich Girl from Love.Angel.Music.Baby.
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - *squeals* I'm so happy you guys liked that last part!!

Hmm, just to answer a few questions...hopefully I didn't miss any...

HBGO - Liz excluded herself because honestly she felt like the fifth wheel, everyone had a boyfriend and she was kind of let out there. Besides that she was and still is into her school work and her grades. More will be explained later.

Smac - Max is available to you for your birthday after I'm done with him :twisted:

SarahWhitman - *Hi* You bring up a very good question. Since I'm a few chapters ahead in writing this I will tell you that I plan on spending a little time on Max and Liz's relationship before they actually *conceive* I think that because of the direction I'm taking the story in later on it will be vital in the telling of the story. In addition to which, somehow Nancy and Jeff have managed to make serious appearances throughout the story. I'm not concentrating on them, but I will be giving their points of view which I think is also important in understanding their reactions to things later on. Hope that helped!

Dreamer 06 - As far as posting new stories. I will say that today on the AU Board the story I co-wrote with Sarah aka LittleHottie510 has been posted! And this coming weekend I will be posting the first part of Sins of a Newlywed so stay tuned :wink:

Everyone else...thank you so much for your FB and PM's and of course the lurkers...I'm glad I managed to drag some of you out :wink:

Chapter 8

It had been weeks since that kiss and it hadn’t left Liz’s thoughts since it happened. It was the best kiss she ever had. Who was she kidding; it was the only kiss she ever had. She didn’t know how Max knew that that was her birthday wish, but he did. And Liz felt overjoyed at the knowledge.

Her parents had left for Spain; they would be away close to two months, returning right before Thanksgiving. They were opening three hotels and they were hosting a fundraiser, so that left Liz alone with Max. Something she was very happy about, she wanted him to kiss her again. A part of her was scared, that since they hadn’t talked about it, that maybe he just did it for her birthday.

“Liz are you listening to me or what?” Isabel snapped. Liz had been zoning out for a greater part of the day and now that Isabel was asking her what movie she wanted to see next, since it was her turn to pick, Liz had other things running through her mind.

“What? Oh I’m sorry, Isabel. I want to watch a chick flick please.” Liz smiled brightly when she heard Max, Michael and Alex groan about how chick flicks suck ass.

“It’s Liz’s choice, so suck it up!” Maria said and made her way down the hall to the bathroom.

“I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?” Max turned when he saw Liz rise from the couch.

“Just going to get some more popcorn.” Liz said and made her way into the kitchen.

“Damn man, she’ll only be a few feet away.” Michael said ribbing Max for following Liz’s gaze until she disappeared into the kitchen.

“What are you talking about?” Max knew he was caught, so he tried to play it off like he didn’t know anything.

“Oh please! You aren’t serious right?” Alex said and Isabel just sat back and waited for Max’s response.

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about.” Max said as he took a swig of his soda.

“You’ve got a major thing for Liz.” Max started choking on his soda when Michael blurted out that statement. And Isabel’s lips quirked up into a smile, she just knew something was going on!

“Max, are you okay?” Liz asked from the kitchen. She heard him choking and wanted to make sure everything was okay.

“Yes, I’m fine, Liz.” Max said as he blushed brightly and then threw a pillow each at Alex and Michael.

They sat in an awkward silence and then Maria re-entered the room. “What the hell? I leave and all the excitement drains from the room?” Maria said as she took a seat next to Max.

“So Max, how do you feel about our girl?” It was time for Max to leave the room, and he did so quickly. He escaped to the kitchen, which ended up being a mistake.

“Do you need any help?” Max asked as he stood behind the counter facing Liz.

“No, I’ve got it. Did you want something Max?” Yeah you. Is what he wanted to say but now was definitely not the time. Was she trying to kill him with her outfit today? Max was almost certain it was her secret desire to drive him crazy. She was wearing a short tank top and very short shorts; he couldn’t help but trail his eyes up her long slender legs. He needed to snap out of it, if his friends figured out that he had a thing for Liz then surely Nancy and Jeff would as well, and that was not good at all.

“Okay, I’ll see you out there.” Max said and took a purposeful stride past her in the doorway.

Liz had to take a minute to compose herself. It was becoming increasingly difficult to fight the feelings she was having for Max, and apparently if the way he was checking her out was any indication, it was becoming harder for him as well. Which was a very good thing, she thought.

Liz soon joined them in the living room and once the credits for the movie rolled everyone stood up and got ready to leave.

“Where are you guys going?” Liz asked already knowing the answer.

“We have to get home, early day tomorrow.” Maria said as she pulled Liz into hug goodbye.

“Yeah I can’t wait! It just sucks that you guys can’t come.” Alex said as he helped Isabel to her feet. Max watched Liz’s face closely, he hated the fact that Liz had to miss out on going camping this weekend with her friends because of him.

“It’s okay. I have some things to catch up on besides, Max has to work.” Liz said trying to sound upbeat, but was failing miserably. Which only made Max more upset with himself. Her parents had originally agreed that she could go if Max was able to join her, but unfortunately he had to work. He even tried to talk to Jeff and Nancy and they didn’t feel comfortable letting her go alone. Although technically she wouldn’t be alone, they trusted Max to take care of her and so if he could not join the rest of them, then unfortunately Liz could not either.

“I’m sorry, Liz.” Max turned to her after everyone left.

“For what?” Liz asked avoiding Max’s gaze. She knew he blamed himself, but it wasn’t his fault her parents decided that she was a child and couldn’t go on her own.

“That you couldn’t go with them, because of me.” He tried to get her to look at him but she wouldn’t. He just hoped she wasn’t too upset with him.

“It’s okay, Max I mean there is plenty for me to do.” Liz shrugged it off and took a seat beside him.

“Really?” She hadn’t mentioned anything but maybe she did have something she wanted to do, he hoped.

“Of course, I mean I have to go shopping and …” Liz didn’t have anything to do at all. She found it so hard to lie to Max, and she didn’t think that was a good thing. Eventually there would be something she didn’t want him to know and because of her lack of willpower she would tell him.

“Well I get off work at around four tomorrow so how about we practice?” Max hoped that he could keep her mind off of not going, and if he couldn’t he would try his hardest to keep her spirits up.

“Really?” Liz perked up at Max’s offer.

“Yes.”

“Sounds good.” She was so happy. Max watched as her face lit up and it made him happy as hell that she didn’t appear to be angry with him at all, and that she was that excited about spending time with him.

“You want to finish this movie with me, Liz?”

“Yes, Max.” She leaned back and rested her head on his shoulder.

They weren’t even halfway through the movie before Max felt Liz fall asleep beside him. He moved slowly and laid her down, placing her head in his lap. It was at that moment that he watched her; she looked so peaceful and pure. He was falling fast for her, but how could he not? She was beautiful, smart, funny and so cute. Max knew at that moment there wasn’t anything in this world he would deny her. He brushed his thumb lightly across her cheek and her eyes opened slowly. He was a bit startled but smiled down at her nonetheless. And then because he couldn’t resist he leaned down and kissed her.

He pulled away when he didn’t feel her react. Then without much warning she tugged his T-shirt and pulled him back down against her and they kissed again.

Liz couldn’t get enough of him, she loved the way his masculine scent surrounded her. She loved the feel of his warm tongue sliding effortlessly across hers. Just as she reached her hand around his neck to play with the hair at the nape of his neck, the telephone rang breaking them out of their kiss.

It was her mother. Bad timing or what? It was like she was having a great moment and it would be just like her mother to cut it short, Liz thought wildly.

After a draining conversation with her mother, Liz walked into the kitchen to find Max cleaning up. She skipped over to his side and tried to jump up on the counter next to him but she was failing. Max saw her valiant attempt to hop on top of the counter and decided to help her out. He placed his hands on her hips and deposited her effortlessly on the cool marble tiles.

“Max, I’m hungry.” Liz said watching him load the dishwasher. She couldn’t help but stare at his bulging biceps sticking out of his very tight t-shirt. Sometimes she felt like it was his secret desire to drive her crazy walking around the house without a shirt, or in a tight shirt like he had on now.

“Well, what do you want?” Max turned around and caught her eyes roaming his body. He couldn’t help but thrust out his chest a little further when he came to stand in front of her.

“I don’t know something good.” He groans.

“Liz, you always say that.” And she did. He thought it was adorable but sometimes it could be a bit irritating.

“I know.”

“Okay let’s see, pizza?” And so it begins, he thought. He would run down a list of things for her to eat and she would turn them down until he got to the one thing she absolutely loved.

“No.”

“Burger?”

“No.”

“Chocolate covered strawberries.” Ah ha! He knew it! Never fails.

“Yes! Perfect!” Liz said as her eyes lit up.

“Yes but we don’t have any.” Max said pointing out the obvious.

“But we can get some.”

“We can? How’s that?” He loved to see her mind in motion.

“Well, we can call and they will deliver them.”

“Liz, who the hell delivers strawberries at this hour?”

“Strawberriz does.” Liz stated as if it were common knowledge.

“Stawberriz?”

“They make the best chocolate covered strawberries!”

“Liz it’s almost ten…”

“They’re open Max…trust me.” She said as she jumped down from the counter and picked up the phone to call.

Max just watched in amazement how she could get so excited over the smallest things.

“I don’t feel good.” Liz said as she threw the last empty box to the floor. She ate just about two boxes of strawberries and now her stomach was aching.

“Of course you don’t. I mean you ate more today then I think I have ever seen you eat.” Max joked with her but when she looked up and tried to smile he realized she really didn’t look good. He turned off the television and carried her upstairs to her bedroom.

The second he placed her on the bed she ran into the bathroom. Max followed her and she urged him to leave but he didn’t. He simply pulled out a washrag from the closet and wet it with cold water and kneeled down beside her. He pushed her hair away from her face and placed the rag on the base of her neck.

“Better?” He asked after a few minutes. Liz just nodded and Max cradled her against his body. When she was ready he lifted her in his arms and brought her back into the room. He let her get comfortable before he returned to the bathroom to turn the light off.

When he stepped back into the room her eyes were closed and he figured she’d fallen asleep. He walked over to her side and covered her with the blanket and reached out to turn off her light when her whispered voice stopped him.

“Stay. Please don’t leave me, Max.” He felt a tug in his heart at her words and she moved over giving him space to lie down next to her.

Max wrapped his arms around her and waited until her breathing evened out, and then he placed a kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll never leave you, Liz.” He whispered out just as he fell asleep.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - So glad you guys are enjoying. Tiph, yes he waited that long to kiss her because her parents were around. Don't worry I will give you guys all the missing info.

Thank you guys so much for the FB! Things will start moving along shortly...don't worry.

Chapter 9

They both flung their book bags on the floor near the entrance way and then plopped themselves on the couch in exhaustion. They were both up very late last night talking about Liz’s childhood. Max was so interested that he just kept asking questions. However, in doing so he never gave Liz the change to ask her own questions.

“I’m going to grab a snack you want something?” Max called out to Liz as he stood up from the couch and made his way into the kitchen.

“Yes, can you get me a whole bag of chips and a soda?” Liz said not even looking up from the couch. She was so exhausted.

Max stopped in his tracks when Liz said she wanted an entire bag of chips. He new she loved potato chips, but to eat the whole bag? He wondered if she had eaten at all today. She wasn’t at lunch so he wondered exactly what she was doing this afternoon.

“Here you go, Liz.” Max reached out and handed her a plate with a turkey and swiss sandwich, some chips and a soda. Liz pulled the plate to her lap and her eyes widened when she saw that Max had made her something to eat.

“Thank you, Max. I’m really hungry. I missed lunch…”

“Yeah I know. Where were you?” Max asked biting into his own sandwich.

“I just had some things to take care of.” Liz didn’t elaborate any further. She didn’t want to lie to Max, but she couldn’t tell him that she was in the library staring out the window thinking about him. More importantly, the kiss they shared the other night. It wasn’t her birthday and he still kissed her, so there went that theory. She wanted to ask him how he felt about her, but she figured he liked her as a friend. After all he was still getting notes and phone calls at the house on a daily basis from most of the girls at school.

Still though the more she thought about it, he did spend every free moment with her. So that meant something right? And if it did mean something, what could come of it? They lived with her parents. She knew her parents, and there would be no way that they would let them live under their roof while dating.

Dating?

What was she thinking? Max wouldn’t date her, right? Liz honestly didn’t know what kinds of girls Max was attracted to; she wished it were someone that looked like her. But if he did then it wouldn’t work out with her parents around anyway. It looked like a losing battle to her.

“Liz?”

“Oh, I’m sorry, what did you ask me?”

“Where were you at lunch?”

“The library.”

“For what?”

“I needed to look something up for my term paper.” Max looked at her suspiciously. He knew she was lying. It was so obvious to him; she never looked him in the eye for more than two seconds when she was lying. He decided not to push her she was tired after all.

They both retired to their rooms after eating. Max was currently sprawled across his bed with his one arm tucked under his head for leverage. Liz watched him as he stared at the ceiling oblivious to her entrance.

“Can I come in?” Liz asked as she stepped further into his room until she reached his bed.

“Yeah of course.” Max scooted over but remained on his back. Liz took a seat beside him and wanted to ask him about the kiss, but decided she was too embarrassed to be let down. Therefore she decided to switch her focus.

“Tell me about your father Max?” Max tensed up quickly and sat up. He looked at Liz and wondered just where the hell she was going with that line of questioning.

“Liz, I don’t want to talk about it.” Max said softly.

“Why?”

“Why? Are you kidding me?! He killed my mother why would I want to talk about him?!” Max bit out angrily and jumped to his feet. He paced the floor in front of the bed. He couldn’t believe how insensitive she was being. He looked up at Liz and when he saw her face, he dropped to his knees in front of her.

“Liz.”

“I’m so s-sorry Max. I didn’t…I never…” Liz couldn’t stop the tears falling from her eyes or the way she tripped over her words. She couldn’t believe how thoughtless she was by asking a question like that.

When Max saw the horror and the sorrow on her face, he knew that she obviously didn’t know and he felt angry with himself for getting so upset. He knew Liz would have never asked that question if she knew the truth.

“I’m sorry for getting angry and yelling at you Liz. I thought you knew.” Max said as he swiped the tears from her cheeks. He rested his hand on her knee and caressed it gently trying to calm her down.

“No…I didn’t I’m so sorry Max, I just…” She had no idea what to say.

“It’s okay. Can we take a walk, Liz?” Max reached out his hand to her and Liz placed her hand in his and allowed him to help her off the bed.

They walked to the park a few blocks from the house in complete silence. Liz was sniffling a little and Max tried to tell her that it was okay and that he wasn’t upset with her. He brought along his basketball to help take her mind off of things, he wasn’t ready to talk to her about his father. Not yet, but soon.

“Here, shoot the ball.” Max threw the ball to Liz and she caught it. She looked at it for a moment before raising her head to regard Max with a questioning gaze. He knew damn well that she couldn’t make a shot on her own, so why was he trying to make her feel even worse?

“Liz, it’s okay you can do this? We have been practicing, you just have to believe in yourself.” Max saw the hurt expression and knew that Liz was confused by his actions. He wasn’t trying to make her feel bad; in fact he knew that her finally making a basket would help lift her spirits.

Liz smiled a little when she saw Max motion for her to throw him the ball. He began to dribble the ball and she waited until the opportunity presented itself for her to knock it from him. Once it did she dribbled it and he chased her for it, he caught up quickly and she threw it in the air. They both stopped and stared as it soared through the air just missing the basket.

Liz’s arms fell to her side with a loud sigh. “I told you I was too short!” Max came to stand in front of her, “No you’re not, you’re perfect Liz.” Max smiled down at her and stepped a little closer. She couldn’t help but smile at his comment and that’s when she realized how close Max was to her at that moment. Max lifted his hand to her shoulder and then slid it behind her neck bringing her closer to him. He waited for her to pull away, he knew that the other night she didn’t pull away from the kiss, but he couldn’t help but wonder, what was going on in that mind of hers? Max didn’t want to cross the line, but he didn’t know where the line was between he and Liz, or if there was even one to begin with.

Without warning Max lifted her into the air and she started to squeal for him to put her down.

“Max! Please!” Liz begged and finally Max placed her back to the earth and then he pushed her hair away from her face and closed his eyes. Liz didn’t know what to do, his lips were almost on hers, she knew what she wanted to do, but should she was the question.

The answer was simple. She wanted to kiss him, she wanted to feel his warm arms around her, she wanted to melt into him and become one with him. So with that final thought Liz closed her eyes and sealed her lips with his.

Max quickly wrapped one arm around her slender waist and the other hand cradled the back of her neck brining her lips that much closer. Liz sighed when she felt Max hands on her and Max took advantage of that by slipping his tongue inside her soft, warm mouth. The kiss grew more demanding in seconds, both of them were not able to suppress to groans of satisfaction that escaped past their lips. Max slanted his lips over Liz’s soft and moist lips effortlessly, he sipped on the sweet taste that was Liz and he loved every minute of it.

Just as Liz began to move her hands across his back, which allowed for a more thorough exploration of his well-sculpted muscles, her cell phone rang to life breaking them apart. They pulled away panting heavily. They were both startled by the unexpected sound.

“Who was that?” Max asked after he retrieved the ball and reached out for Liz’s hand as they made their way back home.

“It was Maria, but I told her I would call her back later.” Max simply nodded. He didn’t know what just happened but he enjoyed it, he wanted more from her but he was terrified that he would scare Liz off. That his strong feelings towards her would destroy the friendship they had. Max couldn’t loose her he knew he wouldn’t survive. She was the light in his life when he felt alone and lost, she helped him not fall into total depression after his mother’s death. Liz was everything Max wanted and needed in his life, which only made it harder not to tell her the truth.

Later that night Liz decided to give Maria a call back. Max was in the shower getting ready for bed so it was the perfect opportunity to have a private conversation with Maria.

“So you kissed again?” Liz rolled her eyes at Maria’s lack of tact.

“Yes.” Liz rolled onto her side; her back now faced her door.

“So are you going to tell him how you feel?”

“Isabel?” Liz was confused, one minute she was talking to Maria and the next thing she knew Isabel’s voice filtered through the phone line.

“Oh yes Liz, Isabel is here too. I have you on speaker phone.” Liz sat up quickly.

“What?! Why would you do that to me and not tell me Maria!” Liz was furious what if her parents were listening, or Michael or Alex for that matter? That would not be a good thing.

“Sorry, my bad. Anyway would you answer the question?”

“No are you crazy?!”

“Crazy? Who’s crazy?” Liz’s eyes opened wide at the sound of the voice coming from directly behind her. Then she felt the bed dip and a large warm hand push her hair away from her neck.

“Max! What…what are you doing here? I thought you were in the shower?” Max just shrugged, she didn’t seem happy to see him. Maybe he was right; she didn’t want anything more than friends from him. He went to get off the bed but Liz’s hand on his wrist stopped him.

“Don’t go.” Liz mouthed to him and Max smiled. He settled beside her waiting patiently until she was done talking on the phone.

Turning her attention back to Maria and Isabel in the middle of Maria ranting about school or something.

“…hopefully one of you speaks up soon. I mean the rumor mill is spinning.”

“Really why?” Liz tried to focus on Maria, but how could she with Max gently rubbing circles across her back?

“You and Max. Girl the way he looks at you. It hurts my eyes sometimes, it’s hot and intense.” Maria finished bluntly.

“Maria.” Liz was completely embarrassed. Did he really look at her like that?

“I’m serious Liz, you have to see it.” She turned and looked at Max again and she did see it but she was afraid that he would reject her. Just because he was looking at her like that didn’t mean that he loved her like she loved him.

“I can’t talk anymore Maria, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Liz hung up shortly thereafter and then turned her full attention back to Max, who was simply smiling up at her. He patted the place next to him and she crawled back onto the bed and laid beside him.

Max wrapped his arm around her and waited until she settled her head against his chest. He took in a deep breath before he relived the last moments of his mother’s life.

“He wasn’t always violent, but after he lost his job and we had to move from our house he began to drink and things just went down from there…” Max explained his entire life story to Liz. She just reached out her hand and took his in hers and listened.

“So…you…f-found her?” She was trying to keep it together but what Max lived through was pure hell and she could never imagine what it was like. Her parents weren’t around but never had they done one thing like that.

“W-when I got home…she was already…g-gone. I pulled him off her…and then he just threw me against the wall. I was terrified he was going to kill me next…so I started to run up the stairs but he grabbed me and I fell down the stairs. He stood over me and I just kept saying this is not my father…this isn’t him it couldn’t be. He never laid a hand on me…I never gave him a reason to, but…anyway he just snapped and he wrapped his hands around my neck and I couldn’t breathe, the next thing I knew I heard a gun shot and I wasn’t sure what was going on…and that’s when I realized I could breath again and I was being lifted to my feet.”

“Max…God….I’m sorry baby. I’m sorry you had to go through that…nobody should ever have to…” Liz cried softly and he pulled her in his arms. He needed her more than she could imagine. He loved her so much already.

“They did an autopsy on him because they just couldn’t understand someone who had never even gotten so much as a speeding ticket managed to…ki… Anyway they said there was not only alcohol in his system but a lethal dose of heroine…” not lethal enough, he thought.

He cried for the first time, “I didn’t cry for her…she was my mother and I didn’t cry.”

“It’s okay Max, she knew you loved her and she loved you so much. She wanted to keep you save and she brought you to me, Max…” He looked up at her and smiled despite his tears. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close after she turned off the lights.

“I’m here for you, Max. Whenever you need me, I’ll be here.” Liz whispered out and pressed a soft kiss against his lips. Max reached out his hand and caressed her cheek in the darkness. His heart was overwhelmed by her sincerity. However, he felt the need to make it official in some way.

“Forever, Liz?” He whispered out and brought his lips within a breath away from hers.

“Forever, Max.” Liz closed the distance and sealed their lips. Max wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. It wasn’t a demanding kiss. It was soft and gentle. But it was filled with much more feelings than words could express.

They broke apart moments later and Liz rested her head against Max’s chest. She closed her eyes and allowed the beating of his heart to lull her to sleep. Max just laid in the dark filled room thinking about all the things he wanted to say to her, but couldn’t.

He closed his eyes and allowed the soft sound of her breathing to relax his body and fall asleep. He didn’t know what would happen tomorrow or next week for that matter, but he knew so long as he had her things would work out.

TBC…
FYI: For those of you reading. A new part of Forever Fades Away, the conclusion of The Long Way Home, and the first part of Sins of a Newlywed have been posted :wink: