Awakened Dreamers

Do the conventional couples just not float your boat at times or at all?? Polarists, GZers, Rebels, Loyalists, and all other UCers---this is the place for you guys...

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Awakened Dreamers

Post by femmenerd »

Who else loves Zan and Liz together?

"I could always tell that he was waiting for someone else" -Ava
Last edited by femmenerd on Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In Colorado, wearing my foil hat, waiting for the aliens to take me away...

Post by AmberEyed51 »

I'm right there with you femmenerd. Ever since I first saw Zan, I was in a liquid puddle state. Then I started to read Lindsay's Everything's Not Lost and I've been an Awakened Dreamer ever since. I think they have a much more dangerous chemistry then Max and Liz did *but don't get me wrong, I'll always be a dreamer at heart* I'm sure Liz would've jumped him if she ever met him. ;)
<center>Image
"It's about reaching out to people, and showing them there's still hope left in this world."
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
Glenn, You're Always With Me</center>
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

awakened dreamers

Post by femmenerd »

"Everything's not lost" is so good. It's part of what inspired me to write my Zan/Liz Fic "Second Chances."

There is definitely a dividing line among Awakened dreamers between those who are still dreamers and those who hate Max. Too bad there's not a term for it. My title over at the Eraser Room is "Always Dreaming, OFten Awake." That's how I think about it.

What other Awakened Dreamer Fics do you like?
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In Colorado, wearing my foil hat, waiting for the aliens to take me away...

Post by AmberEyed51 »

If you've ever read "When She's With You" by Dreaming in Purple its really quite amazing...but it happens to be Max/Liz/Zan ;)

My only UC favorite is Zan/Liz. It just seems right you know? I could never hate Max, and if forced to decide, I would have to choose Dreamer, but I think Zan and Liz make a wonderful couple.
<center>Image
"It's about reaching out to people, and showing them there's still hope left in this world."
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

awakened dreamers

Post by femmenerd »

Yeah, Zan/Liz is my only real UC ship too. I'll definitely check out that fic you recommended although a lot of the time I just don't buy Zan/Liz/Max threesomes 'cause I generally think it goes against characterization for Max. I don't read a lot of straight up AU - I favor stories that interpret the mythology and jump from some point in canon. But I'm much more open if things are well written.
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmberEyed51 »

I do agree with you there. It takes a lot to make those fics tasteful, but most are done with class, so I like it.

I NEVER read three-somes. But when looking for a couple Awakened fics, I thought that by getting into this, I must have some doubt in my mind about dreamers. As soon as I finished that thought, I ran into tha fic. It's something different, that I find refreshing.

Normally I don't read too many canon fics, because authors seem to either get way to off subject, or stay so far on it it becomes boring. It takes a special talent to keep it right on the money, and I have read some that deliever that. I think it's just easier to create your own world, and puppitize *I know, not a word* the characters to fit your liking.
<center>Image
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

fic

Post by femmenerd »

It takes a special talent to keep it right on the money,
That is totally true. I like a balance myself. I like fics that do something new that the show didn't - that pick up on some of the many loose threads from canon - but I don't like it when people just use the names from the show and then the story itself and the characters are absolutely not related to the show at all. Another thing is that I'm not usually a fan of fic without aliens.

The real challenge of fanfic is how to take the existing fictional world of the original show and interpret and expand it.

Part of why I think that Zan is a good character for fic is because of the fact that he only existed on the show for about 5 minutes so he is excellent fodder for the imaginations of fic writers. So Zan fics can do both things; they can create a new fantasy within the Roswell universe. And Awakened Dreamer fic is good for *frustrated dreamers* because Zan is like Max....but with an edge. He can be what we want him to be.
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmberEyed51 »

That's a really good way of looking at it. Zan is left open, so slightly straying away from the main plot seems very realistic. I always thought Zan was a good character, and you could mold him into a lot of things. It was never said that he was bad, nor good, but he possesed many characteristics of Max. So adding those plus some tattoos and piercings, and we got ourselves two VERY hot guys.

The fact that Liz and Zan never got to meet kind of bugged me. I think it would've woken Liz up a bit to what Max could've been *and I don't alwyas mean that in a good way, considering he probably would've had a tortured soul* Guess that's why they call them Awakened Dreamers then....or maybe that's just my physiological approach to it.
<center>Image
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

zan

Post by femmenerd »

It was never said that he was bad, nor good, but he possesed many characteristics of Max.
You're right, he is very open to interpretation. Although Ava did kinda imply that he was good when she talked to Liz.

Guess that's why they call them Awakened Dreamers then....or maybe that's just my physiological approach to it.
:lol:
My Author's Page
"I'm sorry baby, I'm a bad, rude man." -Spike
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmberEyed51 »

I know I know, I might be a little weird.

That's just my view on things; but back to the original topic, do you have any other Awakened Dreamer fics you'd reccomend?
<center>Image
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002