Life UneXpected - 2.0

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Re: Life UneXpected - 2.0

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Ellie, I agree! I wished they would have spent an extra 15 minutes giving us the wrap up of how Cate/Baze came to be. As for Ryan/Julia, yeah he couldn't turn his back on his child and he possibly still had buried feelings for Julia. Cate possibly stepped aside and told him to give a relationship with Julia a chance, especially since they were going to be parents. Jones/Lux I didn't see coming, I thought he was into Tasha, but glad Tasha doesn't harbor any ill will toward them about it. Baze was so into Emma, that I wished we could have seen the moment he realized he was in love with Cate again. But Ellie, you are right in that I am glad everyone stayed friends and support each other. Lux has a huge extended family and I teared up when she called Cate and Baze "mom, dad" whoa! Baze's parents were at the graduation also so I am glad the grandparents are still around too! Math even got his happy ending! Yay!

Overall, with the little notice the series creator was given, she wrapped things up and should satisfy hardcore fans of this show. It's too bad it will not likely get a third season. I give it 10 out of 10 stars also :D

The Complete Series DVD is expected to get released on April 5 :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

It was always obvious that Ryan still had a thing or feelings, if you want to say that, for Julia. They were together for a while and he wanted to marry her. She just wasn't ready for that yet.

The same thing with Cate and Baze. Sleeping with someone and going back to "the safe person" accomplishes nothing! Instead of dealing with those feelings, they all rushed into other relationships (i.e. Marriage) without dealing with it. Recipe for bad :x

It so could have turned up that everyone hated one another, but I'm glad this show showed that people, even exes, can get along and act maturely and not like life is a big school yard.

They writers and everyone on the show should be most proud of that.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

Jones and Lux... NICE... Loved the GO DUCKS from Tasha!! :D My cousin goes to University of Oregon and she loves it so we are a DUCK family!! :D
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

I loved the episodes but i hated the ending! It was so unrealistic! I can't believe that Ryan and Julia would stay in touch with Cate. It just doesn't make any sense!

My favorite scenes were the ones with Cate and Lux together especially when they were in Lux's bedroom and Cate told her that she's good enough and asked her to tell her about the teacher! so heartbreaking!

I also loved when Ryan fought to get Cate back on the show! I love Ryan! In my mind, he's the one for Cate. Not Baze!

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

SidneyAce wrote:I loved the episodes but i hated the ending! It was so unrealistic! I can't believe that Ryan and Julia would stay in touch with Cate. It just doesn't make any sense!
From what I saw last night, it was about the kids and keeping the family together.

Ryan and Julia got together, which means he wasn't with Cate anymore. Doesn't mean that there wasn't love still there between him and Cate. Just means it developed into a different kind of love. I do think that Cate and Ryan loved each other, but not the way two people who are trying to build a life together should. They wanted different things. And even though Cate eventually warmed up to the idea of having a baby, as she said last night - "She married Ryan to give Lux a family she deserved to have".

So, I hate to burst your bubble, but it made perfect sense. Ryan swore to Lux that no matter what happened with Cate, he would always be there for her, apart of her life - NO MATTER WHAT. As far as I'm concerned, he kept that vow and extended it a bit more to include his new family.

It was very realistic as well as mature of all of them to put whatever animosity there was aside, for the kids sake (remember, it wasn't just about Lux in the end anymore, it was also about Ryan and Julia's son as well). Listen, In real life, shit happens - it's messy and unpredictable and in the end, all you can do is roll with the punches that get dealt to you and pray to god that you make the right choices afterward.

And from what I saw last night ... they ALL finally did. They kept the friendships and family INTACT. They stopped lying to themselves and to each other (hopefully). That's the mature way of handling things.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

From EW online:

'Life Unexpected' finale: I'm still crying
by Margaret Lyons

Last night’s Life Unexpected finale was a perfect example of everything the show does well: It gave us spot-on teenage emotions, showed off a healthy appreciation for day drinking, and gave us a fully satisfying, totally earned conclusion. Oh, and it made me cry. Like, I’m still misty just thinking about it.
Lux’s graduation speech, even though it mangled the definition of light year (it’s a unit of distance, people! distance!), left me blubbering in a puddle of tears. It also reminded me a lot of Rory Gilmore’s graduation speech — perhaps a shout-out to early comparisons between the shows? Probably not, but still.

Through the open weeping, though, I was grinning like a fool: That ending?! Oh, hell yes. Math and Alice? Awesome. Ryan and Jo? …Sure, okay. Cate and Baze? Thank God.

I’m crushed that this is the end of the road for Life Unexpected. The show hasn’t officially been canned yet, but it would take an act of dozens of different gods to save it at this point. And I’m kind of okay with that. Yeah, I loved the time we got to spend in fake Portland, but with a finale that gave us that much closure, it would almost seem weird to bring it back for another season. (See: the last few episodes of Felicity. And the final season of Scrubs.)

What did you think, PopWatchers? How many hankies did you go through?
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellian love »

Earth2Mama wrote:
SidneyAce wrote:I loved the episodes but i hated the ending! It was so unrealistic! I can't believe that Ryan and Julia would stay in touch with Cate. It just doesn't make any sense!
From what I saw last night, it was about the kids and keeping the family together.

Ryan and Julia got together, which means he wasn't with Cate anymore. Doesn't mean that there wasn't love still there between him and Cate. Just means it developed into a different kind of love. I do think that Cate and Ryan loved each other, but not the way two people who are trying to build a life together should. They wanted different things. And even though Cate eventually warmed up to the idea of having a baby, as she said last night - "She married Ryan to give Lux a family she deserved to have".

So, I hate to burst your bubble, but it made perfect sense. Ryan swore to Lux that no matter what happened with Cate, he would always be there for her, apart of her life - NO MATTER WHAT. As far as I'm concerned, he kept that vow and extended it a bit more to include his new family.

It was very realistic as well as mature of all of them to put whatever animosity there was aside, for the kids sake (remember, it wasn't just about Lux in the end anymore, it was also about Ryan and Julia's son as well). Listen, In real life, shit happens - it's messy and unpredictable and in the end, all you can do is roll with the punches that get dealt to you and pray to god that you make the right choices afterward.

And from what I saw last night ... they ALL finally did. They kept the friendships and family INTACT. They stopped lying to themselves and to each other (hopefully). That's the mature way of handling things.
Well said I agree 100 and 10 percent with you. lol. The show deserves it all at first I was like omg how are they gonna fix all these mistakes and holes in 2 hours well they did it and I was beyond :shock: :lol: . And so what we couldn't see how they came to be finally together thats what fanfiction is for lol only thing now its true :lol: