In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/8/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 48 11/27/22

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carolyn I watched Supergirl from day one. I only started to watch the Flash after he crossed over in a season 1 episode of Supergirl. Yes Max and Liz are headed in the right direction.

Part 49

Serena walked into the lounge off the ER smiling. She saw Max drinking a cup of coffee. He raised an eyebrow at her but didn't say a word.

“Max, Kyle came home last night.”
“That is great. Um have you seen the news this morning?”
“You mean do I know my mother was arrested on sex trafficking charges? Yes. Kyle told me himself. In fact he is the one that cuffed her.”
“Are you doing ok?”
“Yes. Kyle asked me to marry him. I told him yes and about the baby. I put in for next week off so I can go meet his dad and stepmother.”
“They will welcome you into the family with open arms.”
“I know. But not every member of my family are criminals. My father's sister is not into anything criminal that I know of. My grandfather is not a bad person. He is just a bit of a chauvinist. He does not believe that a woman can run a company. Even though Aunt Anastasia did better than my father in every level of school. She is my father's twin and five minutes older.”
“So what does your Aunt do?”
“She is an executive for Bower oil. But there are like five men that are considered higher than her. The only reason being that she is a woman.”
“I don't think that Liz has mentioned her.”
“Most likely hasn't she only met Aunt Ana like two or three times. My father and brother never talk about her and she is not invited to most family events.”
“Do you ever see your grandfather?”
“Not really. Not that it matters. He doesn't want to be around me.”
“That is not true Serena. In fact I am most proud of you between you and your brother.” Came a powerful voice from the door.
“Grandfather?” said Serena looking at the older man at the door.
“I think you and I that you and I need to have a long over due talk. I know you need to get to work soon. But seeing as I do not have your number I came to see when you and your young man can come over to dinner.” Said James Senior
“I will have to talk to Kyle. But I guess I can give you my number and get yours.” Said Serena
“I also would like to speak with your brother's ex. You should also know that Ana is going to be named the new CEO of Bower Oil tomorrow.”
“I will talk to Liz. But don't count on her coming.”
“That is understandable. If I had known how your brother was treating her I would have put a stop to it. Serena, I am proud of you for choosing your own path. Call me when we can have that talk. Oh and Dr. Evans, take care of Ms. Parker and my great grandchildren.” Said James Senior walking out.

Serena watched him go not sure what to think.

“Do you trust him Rena?” asked Max
“Not sure. But I do know that he had no part in what my father and brother did.”
“Why is that?”
“Because his father was killed during the Korean war. He was just a baby. He was drafted into Vietnam but was not able to serve because he didn't pass the physical. He fell out of a tree as a kid and has a metal plate in his head.”
“I don't think that Liz is going to want to see him.”
“Well unlike my parents he actually likes Liz and thought she was too good for my brother.”
“Well I can agree with that.”

Both Max and Serena went to work seconds later when a five year old boy came in the victim of a car accident.

Caitlin was brushing her hair when she heard a knock on the apartment door. A minute later her Aunt knocked and opened the door.

“David is here.” Said Nancy
“Thanks.”
“Cait, you should have fun tonight. I know that it has not been easy for you the last few months.”
“No it hasn't. But like Liz has told me. My parents would want me to be happy.”
“Yes they would. David is a good young man.”
“Yeah he is. Tell him I will be out in a few minutes.”
“Of course honey.”

Nancy left and five minutes Caitlin walked out to the living room. David smiled when she walked out. He walked over to her and handed her a single pink rose.

“You look beautiful Cait.” Said David
“Thank you. You look pretty good yourself.”
“Thanks. So I was telling your Uncle that I was thinking we would go to dinner at Senor Chows. Then go bowling.””
“I love Chinese and Mexican.”
“I have heard that.”
“Have fun kids. Remember Cait you need to be at least inside the door of the Crashdown at 10pm.” Said Jeff
“I will make sure she is on time Mr. Parker.” Said David

The two teens headed out not noticing they were being watched. Sean was going to make his move soon to go through with his threat to make Liz Parker's brat cousin pay for the bitch not staying away from Max Evans.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 49 12/4/22

Post by keepsmiling7 »

This is not looking good for Sean.
Jlwharton
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 49 12/4/22

Post by Jlwharton »

Love this story! Please please please come back and give us more!!
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 50 10/1/23

Part 50

Serena walked into her apartment to find Kyle in the kitchen cooking dinner. She leaned against the door watching him. Kyle didn't turn around when he spoke.

“Hope you are hungry. I got roasted potatoes with garlic rosemary and parsley dashed with olive oil. Steak cooked to a perfect medium rare under the broiler and a spinach and bacon salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing.” Said Kyle
“Sounds perfect. Ever cook like this for any of your old girlfriends?” asked Serena
“No never cooked for any of them. I mean unless a frozen pizza counts.”
“Not even close.”
“Rena is something on your mind?”
“My grandfather showed up at work today. He wants to talk to Liz and me about something. This is my father's father.”
“You going to meet with him?”
“I don't know. But he said something that makes me think I should. He is going to name my aunt as the new CEO of Bower Oil tomorrow.”
“I thought he was of the mind that women can't run any kind of company that doesn't involve things like women's fashion or something.”
“So was I. I just am not sure how to bring it up to Liz. I mean if Max doesn't first. He was there when my grandfather showed up. My grandfather doesn't have Liz's number to call her.”
“Rena, maybe you should see what he has to say. Maybe tell him that you will only agree if I am there too. Talk to Liz. Maybe have her agree if Max is there.”
“Sounds good. Let's eat this baby of yours is hungry.”

Cait smiled as she made her fifth strike in a roll. David just shook his head. He couldn't believe how good she was. They were on the eighth frame and she had a near perfect game going. Only missing two strikes but picking up the spare on both. While he would be lucky if he broke 200 points. Not that he cared. He liked to see her smile.

“Only two frames left. David, you know that I already won.” Said Cait grabbing her coke from the table.
“I know. But that is cool. Maybe next time we can play miniature golf.”
“Uh sure. Though that really isn't my game.”
“I think it is only fair that you play my game after I have played your game.”
“That is true. David, I can't remember when I had this much fun.”
“Me either. Maybe we can go out again?”
“I would like that.”

They finished their game and headed back to the Crashdown. They sat down in a booth and ordered ice cream sundaes. Outside the Crashdown Sean watched the two teens. He knew it was only a matter of time before he would have his way with the young girl.

Liz looked up when Max came in. She had been cooking dinner. She could tell that it had been a rough day for him. She walked over and grabbed him a beer from the refrigerator and handed it to him.

“Thanks.”
“Bad day?”
“Yeah. I will never understand how people can hurt kids.”
“I know it is hard. Serena feels the same way.”
“Yeah. Um did you know her grandfather was still alive?”
“Yeah. Though I only met the man like twice. James didn't get along with him. Why do you ask?”
“He came by the hospital to see her today. Seems he is not as. Close minded about women as Serena was led to believe.”
“What do you mean?”
“He is going to name your ex aunt in law the new CEO.”
“Anastasia is a good choice. Not that I know her very well. She rarely came to family events. My ex father and Mother in laws doing. I guess Serena heard about her mother.”
“Yeah not that is was much of a surprise. Apparently Kyle got the honor of cuffing the woman.”
“Good. She never like Kyle or me. Thought of us as gold diggers.”
“From the one meeting I had with her, I don't think that she would approve of anyone that didn't come from money.”
“She doesn't. I think that if she had her way anyone who didn't have money would be nothing but servants to those that do.”
“She is a racist too. Most of the servants in her house were immigrants. She treated them poorly too.”
“What about that house you lived in with your ex?”
“Yes nearly all of them were Mexican. But you know that I never would treat them badly. I know Spanish so I would actually speak to them in their language. James didn't like it. He only spoke French and Japanese besides English.”
“Well nearly everyone in New Mexico knows at least a little Spanish.”
“True. But a couple of the cooks that worked for my dad only spoke a little English when I was a kid. So they taught me Spanish and I helped them learn English.”
“That is because you are a kind person.”
“So besides showing up at the hospital why bring up James Sr.?”
“There is something he wants to talk to you and Serena about. Serena is reluctant to see him.”
“That is not surprising. When she was little he was not around much. If he had been I don't think Serena would have had so many issues as she did as a teenager. She got involved with a bad crowd mostly because she felt no one cared about her. After her accident the only one from what I understand only her Aunt Ana came to visit while she was in the hospital daily. Her parents and brother only came once a week. She was in a coma for a month. But she was in the hospital recovering for another six weeks after and rehab another month learning to walk again.”
“I never knew that.”
“Serena doesn't like to talk about that time in her life. She is embarrassed about how she acted.”
“I am glad that she has a friend like you to confide in. Liz, has she told Kyle about her past?”
“Yes and he accepts and loves her.”
“So Liz do you want to find out what your former grandfather in law wants?”
“I don't know. I probably should. But only if you will go with me. Max, you are the man that I want in my life.”
“Of course I will go with you.”

Max then leaned down and kissed her. Max then went to change before they sat down to dinner.

Jim Valenti watched as the county corner loaded the body of a sixteen year old girl into the back of her van. Rosa Sanchez had taken over as corner last year when old Doc Mason had retired.

“Rosa, how long has she been dead?”
“Two hours. But it looks like it was the serial killer that has been going up and down 285 for the past few years is the one that killed her.”
“If I remember right rape is part of that guys M.O.”
“I won't know for sure until I get her on the table. But the fact that she was undressed when she was found leads me to believe that she was raped. That and the fact she is wearing a purity ring. My niece has one just like it.”
“Keep me undated.”
“Of course Sheriff.”

Valenti watched as the young medical examiner left. It was hard to believe that Rosa had only been two years ahead of his son in school.

“Jim, we found something.” Said Deputy Owen Blackwood
“What do you got?”

Blackwood held up a bag that held an ID badge for Bower Oil with the name and picture of Sean DeLuca on it.

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: In A Gilded Cage (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 51 10/9/23

Part 51

Liz walked into the Children's hospital ER with Max heading to the lounge. She could see Serena with her head down on the table. She raised an eyebrow when two other doctors and a male nurse slipped out of the room.

“Rena are you ok?” asked Liz
“I feel like shit. How long is this morning sickness going to last?” asked Serena
“I am five months pregnant and am still a little queasy. So it could go on a long time. You might want to talk to your doctor. They can give you something to help with the morning sickness.” Said Liz
“I guess I will mention it when I go tomorrow before Kyle and I head to Roswell.”
“So you are finally doing the whole meet the family thing?” asked Max
“Yeah. I think it will be a good idea before Kyle and I get married.”
“Probably. But I just know Jim and Amy are going to love you.” Said Liz
“Kyle has been saying that since we met.” Said Serena
“Believe him. I know with your experience with your own family it's hard. But there are families that actually get along and love each other.” Said Max
“I know. Thanks.”
“Rena one other thing call your grandfather and tell him as long as Max can come I will meet with him.” Said Liz
“Ok. I was going to tell him that Kyle has to be there.”
“Let me know when you set it up. Max, I will see you at home later ok?”
“Of course. Love you.” Said Max
“Love you always.”

Liz kissed Max and headed out to the car. As she walked across the parking lot she felt someone grab her. She struggled until she heard his cold voice in her ear.

“Our deal was for life Lizzie. You broke it. Now little Caity is fair game.”
“Sean, leave her alone. She is still a kid.”
“She is fifteen. Old enough to spread her legs.”
“Sean, what you are talking about is rape.”
“Wouldn't be the first time. Fifteen isn't the youngest I ever fucked. In fact I think you know a girl I fucked when she was fourteen. In fact I was the first one that fucked her. Not that it was hard to get her to spread her legs after she had a few drinks one of which had a little something extra in it. Not that she would have noticed seeing as she was high as a damn kite. Hope Valenti enjoys the fact I pop that rich bitch's cherry. Though from what I heard from some of my buddies for a few years she was going around like a little slut.”

Liz's eyes went wide as she realized that Sean admitted to raping Serena and screwing up her life.

“You will never touch Caitlin asshole. My father will blow your head off if you even think of stepping into the Crashdown. Besides she has been adopted by my friends. Your Aunt Amy will kill you herself if you hurt Caitlin. That is if Isabel doesn't do far worse then knee you in your junk again first.”
“No one has ever stopped me from fucking who I want except you. If you weren't knocked up I would be dragging you off somewhere to take what you denied me years ago. But you having that brat in you is a major turn off.”
“Sean, you are a monster. I will make sure you pay for what you did to Serena and anyone else you have hurt.”
“Lizzie, Lizzie, Lizzie the thing is it is your word against mine on what I did to your slut of a friend. There is nothing to link me to having sex with her. Besides my guess it is too long ago for anything to happen.”
“Actually it's not. The rape of a minor statue of limitations doesn't start until the victims 18th birthday, or if a drug is used. I have had a lot of time on my hands. My ex forced me to leave school. I did as many online classes as I could. That includes some classes in law enforcement. I wanted to know as much as I could in the case of a bastard like you. Especially after your threats against Caitlin.”
“You will never prove a thing. Now stay the fuck away from Evans or you will have no one to blame but yourself for what happens to your brat of a cousin.”

Sean let Liz go and walked off. Liz watched him go and reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She hit something on it and listened as she heard the conversation with Sean play back. She made sure the recording was saved before climbing into her car and making a call.

“Suzanne? It's Liz Parker. I know you aren't working the case. But I think I have a lead on the serial rapist you told me the FBI is looking into. I can head to your office right now. I will be there in fifteen minutes.”

Liz hung up and drove to the Dallas/Ft. Worth FBI field office. She knew that the FBI was looking for a rapist and murderer that was working a root through Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. While the FBI agents she worked with as part of the joint terrorism task force were part of this case they could get her in touch with an agent that was. As she parked in the parking lot of the Federal building the housed the FBI office she noticed two of the Texas Rangers she always saw at CD's heading in. Taking a deep breath she got out of the car and headed in. When she reached the lobby she stopped at the desk and they told her to head up to the third floor where she would be met by an agent. She walked over to the elevator where the Rangers were waiting.

“Syd, I hope this is a real tip coming in this time. I mean the last time it didn't pan out.”
“Gage, Walker said that this tip is coming from a reliable source. The same one that helped take down the Bowers for funding terrorists.”
“Ranger Gage, Ranger Cook I don't know if what I have will be omissible in court. But it might be enough to look into this person.” Said Liz
“You’re the informant?” asked Gage
“Seems I just keep finding myself stumbling into crimes. I never planned for my life to turn out like this.”

They rode up in the elevator together and were met by both Agent Suzanne Duff and a male against Liz had gone to high school with. Liz smiled when she saw Tommy Patterson.

“Should have known you were involved Parker.” Said Tommy
“Why would you think that Tommy? I never got into trouble when we were kids. Actually if I remember right weren't you and Kyle the ones picked up at that rave at the old soap factory for underage drinking sophomore year of high school?” asked Liz
“Well everyone thought you and Max Evans would be married by now. But you married that bastard instead. I know you divorced him. But not before he got you pregnant.”
“I didn't plan this.”
“I know. But I am glad you are back with Evans.”
“Thanks Tommy. But now the reason I am here. I ran into someone I knew years ago. An ex that I never wanted to see again.” Said Liz
“Sean DeLuca. Everyone at West Roswell knew what he did to you. In fact I was in the Crashdown when your dad ran him out with his shotgun pointed at him. Never saw the bastard run so fast in my life.” Said Tommy
“Mind if I ask what happened between you and this Sean DuLuca?” asked Sydney
“We dated for a couple months. One night he drove us out to the local make out spot. He wanted to take our relationship further than I was willing to go. After I refused to have sex with him and hit him he left me there to walk home. A couple kids from school saw what happened and called the Sheriff's son who called his dad. His dad and mine have known each other since they were kids. He picked me up and drove me home. He had been staying with his Aunt who was the mother of my best friend. She threw him out and I did not see him again until a couple years later when I graduated from high school. He told me if I didn't break up with Max and stay away from him then he would hurt my cousin Caitlin. Cait was only eight at the time. So I did what he wanted. Now that Max and I have gotten back together he is planning to go after her. She is now fifteen. But that is not everything. I don't trust Sean so I recorded our conversation today. He admitted that he has raped girls as young as fourteen including my friend Serena. Before you ask she remembers very little from that time in her life. She partied a lot. Drank, used drugs and had sex. That went on for about three years. Until she was in a car accident that put her in a coma for a month. She woke up and turned her life around.”
“Can we hear the recording?” asked Agent Duff

Liz placed her phone on the table and played the recording. She watched the looks on the two Rangers faces as well as the two FBI agents. All she knew was that she wouldn't want to be Sean if any of them get their hands on him.

“I'll call Valenti and get him to give Caitlin protection for when she isn't at home. I already know Jeff Parker will not let that creep anywhere near his niece.” Said Tommy
“I will update Walker.” Said Gage

Liz nodded hoping that something will be done about Sean before anyone else was hurt.