Odd One Out (M/L CC Teen) Chapter 9 (5/2/24) *updated*

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

LovelyPOM83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Odd One Out (M/L CC Teen) Chapter 8 (4/20/24) *updated*

Post by LovelyPOM83 »

**Authors note: As promised, today is my 41st birthday :!: and here's the new installment to this fiction..enjoy all.**

**Thank Stefuh for your support with both of my fictions!**

Chapter 8: Slow it down

"Ouch, Ria will you relax...we can't be far off. It has to be around here someplace, it didn't walk away." Michael was trying to calm down his girlfriend that apparently lost her beloved cellphone, or should I say lifeline.

"Don't bother calling it, I turned off the ringer hours ago." Michael rolled his eyes as he tucked his phone back in his pocket. He honestly didn't know what else to do, they had search the entire downstairs level, she was so certain she left it down here in this lush air b&b she rented for Lizs birthday party.

"Oh wait, I think the vibrate mode is on...can you please call it afterall?" Now he looked at her annoyed.

"You're lucky your cute." Michael calmly replied as he did as she asked and it rang, rang...they just continued to walk around trying to hear a vibrating sensation.

Maria walked near the balcony and heard low moans, and curiosity got the best of her, and she started to ease onto the outside patio when Michael came up behind her and scared the crap out of her.

"Ria, I can't hear shit!" She smacked his shoulder and he looked offended.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Maria shushed him, and pointed outside.

"Your phone isn't outside." Maria rolled her eyes and covered her face, her boyfriend was indeed clueless.

"Will you shut it? Someone is out their..." Maria fiercely whispered in a hurried hushed tone.

They both stepped quietly onto the balcony, Michael was shell shocked and motionless. While Maria silently jumped up and down clapping her hands joyfully and trying not to squeal to loud. She was dragged out of the outside area by her very annoyed boyfriend.

"Max and Liz are making out!" This time it was Maria's turn to roll her eyes.

" Really Einstein? What gave you that impression?"

"Maria you know what I mean...she's my cousin. She can't be making out with my best friend!" She waved him off.

"Who cares, I'm her best friend and you make out with me. It just a technicality, besides he's loved her for years it's about damn time he acted on it."

"But that's different..." bullshit was the only thing Maria could think about.

" If you give me that sexist crap, you won't be getting laid anytime soon. Besides, they are two people who put everyone's needs ahead of their own, and the deserve this and to be happy. When was the last time you saw Max this happy?" Maria waited for any kind of response, but she could tell he was thinking. He just simply couldn't think of anything.

He'd known that Max loved Liz he didn't know to which extent but he has told him multiple times in various parts of his life. He didn't really help him he just simply told him to tell her or move on, but Michael didn't think Max would stay this dedicated this for his feelings for Lizzie.

"Okay, I get what you're saying, they deserve to be happy...like us." Maria smiled and took his hand in hers and was thankful that he finally got it, without her having to shout it from the rooftop.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Meanwhile outside...

The desperate need for air became too much for the young couple. Both breathless, pink faced as if the temperature outside was humid and sticky. But it was there own body heat between them that they relished in, it was a familiar and new sensation that neither one wanted to end. Liz knew that they had to slow down eventually.

Max cupped her face in his hands and rested his forehead on her own, and they both glared into each other's eyes, he was the first to speak. "I think I can get used to this". Liz blushed at his words and she knew it was the truth.

She stood back, but still held his hand in hers. "I think we should go inside, we can't stand out here all night." Max looked disappointed, but he didn't argue. Liz was almost always the logic of reason, even when they were younger.

They kissed a few small kisses before Liz allowed Max to guide her inside, but were startled to meet the prying eyes of Michael and Maria.

"Hey guys" Liz beamed.

Their hands were clasped in a firm grip, to reassure one another that they weren't afraid of what they just entered into. They were right where they wanted to be.

"Ria', Mike, meet my boyfriend." There was a huge smile plastered on her face as she said the word 'boyfriend'. Michael didn't think he'd ever seen her so happy before. They both looked elated as she turned wrapped her arms around Maxs’ neck and kissed him and unable to resist her lure he kissed her back and almost forgetting that their best friends where watching them.

Maria cheered while Michael had a slightly annoyed smirk on his face, she was his cousin...he could look past that if they stop flaunting it in front of him. Therfore; he broke them apart.

"Okay, okay we get it...congratulations Romeo." Michaels commented as he playfully punched Max in the arm and Maria hugged Liz.

"I knew you two were meant to be!" Maria squealed and Liz joined in with her.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Flashback : Eigth grade farewell dance

All the boys were lined up on the wall and you'd think the plaque just infected Roswell Intermediate school.

"Evans, you're the more popular one...just ask Vanessa to dance. She's been eyeing you for the last 30 minutes." Alex was the only logical friend he had even at their young age of 14 yrs old.

Max was nervous, he didn't know why, his palms were sweaty and he couldn't form simple words. He couldn't ask Vanessa even if he wanted to, she was pretty and yes she kept eyeing him but deep down inside he couldn't put his finger on it. He simple was frozen in place, he was happy when Kyle interrupted at this point and got the guys attention away from him.

"Where's Parker Mike? I thought she was coming with you?" Michael shrugged.

"I don't know, that was the plan but she was talking to Max's sister on the phone yesterday asking with help with something...and she said she'd just meet me at the dance." The group of guys looked at Max and he looked clueless, just because it was his sister that didn't mean he knew what went on.

"Hey, don't look at me. I've been at Mike's all day. I haven't seen Liz or Pam all da--" A vision came in front of the barrier of the guys vs girls wall the kids had created.

She was wearing a short strapless white dress, her hair was dark and long and it flowed down over her shoulders that looked so soft. She looked up and, she bit her lip that looked like she'd just applied some fruit shade gloss. Max was very captivated, so much so...he didn't feel Kyle was trying to get his attention.

"Hey Max, your drooling a bit..." He snickered at his expense.

The girl looked familiar, but Max couldn't put his finger on just where he'd seen her before. She smiled at him and tucked her hair behind her ear and started walking towards him, or at least he prayed she was...but there was also 30 other boys she could pick.

"Hey Maxwell, want to dance?" He felt like a puddle of goo that she'd choose him out of all people. Her voice sounded familiar...but that's how far gone he was he couldn't put one and one together.

When her skin touched his, it felt like fire and they both jerked back from the reaction. But when the slow song started...she wrapped her arms around his neck and started to sway to the music.

"Still can't figure out who I am?" She whispered in his ear and he looked in a daze.

Only a few seconds after they started to dance or couples started to pair up and go out to the dance floor.

Max was only a couple inches taller than her, that was because she had heels on best as they swayed to the music. But she was able to put her head on his shoulder, and its pure heaven.

Liz went into the catalog of things to give this clueless teenager, Max was her cousin best friend...but because they were always around that that meant Liz wasn't too far away.

"Max, can I keep you?" The trans he was in, it cut all ties and Max pulled away from her. They had just watch Casper, and it was only Liz and Max because Michael bailed halfway through, he said it was boring but Max didn't want to leave Liz by herself.

"Lizzie?!" She smiled at him and they both smiled at each other.

Max didn't know why but as long as he knew Liz he always felt an un dying need to protect her at all costs, even if it was just with their own close knit friends.

Max knew that from that night onward that his feelings for Liz changed from protective friend, turned into always wanting to be with her...a love deep down inside.

Alex, and Mike knew he was a goner...everyone could see it except Liz of course.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Present day...

"Hey, I don't want to be a buzz kill guys...but have you seen my phone?!" Maria whined and pouted, while her friends laughed at her desperation.

"You know I think I saw it upstairs, it was charging last I saw." The ladies linked there arms together and got away for some much needed girl talk.

The guys on the other hand glared at each other, Max was concerned what Michael was going to say.

Max waited till they were out of ear shot before addressing a very annoyed cousin.

"Mike, you know I love her...I've told you numerous times growing up that hasn't changed. I'm not going to hurt her, I would die before that happens." Michaels face was bright red, he was going through all the options at hands and took in all his conclusions.

"Look Maxwell, I know you're a man of your word. It's just going to take me a little bit to get used to, she's my only family. She's my sister...I trust you." They clasped hands and half hugged one another, you know one of those epic male hugs where guys are afraid to admit there emotions.

"This feels like a dream, is this reality?" Max had a dream-like glare across his features, and instead of saying something encouraging, he went over to him and pinched his arm and hard too.

"Ouch, what the fuck man?!" Max knew he was playing, but seriously?

"There's your proof, it's real." Michael laughed as Max tried to smack him back, but instead they just started shoving each other and soon enough they were wrestling one another in the middle of the living room floor.

"Yeah, you guys can...we have this place till noon tomorr--" the girls stopped abruptly and broke the guys up.

"Seriously, you two are practically brothers. We can't leave for more than ten minutes with you guys competing against each other?" They all rolled their eyes.

"Evans started it!"

"Yeah, whatever Guerin!"

Liz went over to the cake and got a huge slice of cake, and cut a huge piece...she was obviously tired of talking.

"Maria said I could spend the night.." walking past Max...he had a puppy dog glare in his eyes like he was being kept away from his favorite toy.

"Mind joining me Evans?!" Without another word...Max grabbed the bottle of champagne before following her into the downstairs bedroom.

"Nite guys, don't wait up." He shut the door behind them.

Turning to Michael Maria started, " Okay we can clean this tomorrow, but right now I want you all to myself Mikey G." She winked and he laughed. He hated that nickname, but he was too tired to care.

"C'mon DeLuca" Guerin called as he picked her up over her shoulder in one swift movement.

They left to their own bedroom, for some much need one on one stimulation.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Max and Michael walked into their apartment and collapsed onto the couch, they’ve been cleaning since 7am.

“Where the hell have you two been all night?” Kyle smiled gleefully, trying to dig for some dirt anywhere he can.

“Helping DeLuca and Parker clean up, to turn back over the rental.” Michael rolled his eyes and rubbed his face.

“We’ve would have been here an hour ago, if it wasn’t for Romeo here…he spent 45 mins saying goodbye to his “new” girlfriend.” Kyle and Alex looked up and Max tried to walk out of the room before Kyle grabbed him.

“Wait a minute…when did Maxie Poo get a girlie friend?” Max rolled his eyes and glared at Michael, which he just laughed.

“I told you, I’d pay for making me wait. I didn’t tell you how.” Michael left the room, Max couldn’t he was trapped.

“Liz and I are together now.” Max looked at his cell to make it look like someone texted him, to get out of there question looks.

“Our Lizzie?!” Kyle exclaimed almost in disbelief.

“Does Guerin know?” Alex calmly asked.

“Our Lizzie?!” Kyle’s mouth was widely agap, he simply could fathom them two being an item.

“Yeah, our Lizzie. And yes Michael is aware…” Max shoved his hands in his pockets and wanted the questionnaire to be over.

“Why Our Lizzie?” Alex and Max glared at Kyle.

“Because he loves her”. “Because I love her”. Both Alex and Max answered at the exact same moment and glared at each other.

“How do you know Alex?” Alex looked annoyed at Kyle.

“Seriously, how do you not know? He’s been pineing over her since like what 15 yrs old.” Kyle shrugged.

“I’m not into that emotion crap, I thought he was just a dedicated friend.

Max and Alex just eyed Kyle, “dedicated friend?” Alex asked as he glanced at Max.

“Yeah ok, well Congratulations Maxwell.” Alex told him, and embraced him.

“Really, Our Lizzie?!” Kyle seemed unsure about the pairing.

“YES!” both Alex and Max yelled, catching Kyle off guard, held his hands in defeat.

“Okay…okay, I can get used to it. Hey, I’m happy you’re finally getting laid again.” Max just shook his head.

“Thanks I guess. I gotta get ready for class.” As he exited Alex glared at Kyle.

“You know for once can you stop being an ass?” Alex was at loss for words.

“I’m not an ass, just stating the obvious observations. When’s the last time he’s had a girlfriend? Tess something…in like 3 years ago. I’m just saying, that’s a long dry spell.” Alex didn’t comment, he just walked out of the room.

Safe in the confides in his room Max texted Liz a quick message before hopping into the shower, ‘I hope you’re well. I had fun last night, do you want to get something to eat today around 4 after I get out of class?’

In a dream like state of existence, Max started to go about getting ready for his day…even if he had a goofy smile on his face.

With a beep on his cell, he saw her reply, that read ‘can’t wait’.

Yep, today was going to be a great day.

Tbc…
Stefuh
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Stefuh »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :mrgreen:

Lmao, I find it so funny that Maria found out about Max and Liz, because of course she would!!
I know that Michael has a hard time accepting their relationship, but he's gonna have to figure out that this is the best for Liz.
The flashback was so cute!! I guess this is when Max first saw Liz as a girl and not just one of his friend.
I'm so glad that everyone is happy right now! :)
And oh God, the cleaning... I just got flashbacks of having to clean up a place after partying all night, lmao, fun time!

Thanks for updating on your birthday! (I'm writing this review on the computer at work, oops. :roll: Lmao)
LovelyPOM83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LovelyPOM83 »

Stefuh wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:37 am HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :mrgreen:

Lmao, I find it so funny that Maria found out about Max and Liz, because of course she would!!
I know that Michael has a hard time accepting their relationship, but he's gonna have to figure out that this is the best for Liz.
The flashback was so cute!! I guess this is when Max first saw Liz as a girl and not just one of his friend.
I'm so glad that everyone is happy right now! :)
And oh God, the cleaning... I just got flashbacks of having to clean up a place after partying all night, lmao, fun time!

Thanks for updating on your birthday! (I'm writing this review on the computer at work, oops. :roll: Lmao)
Thanks for the birthday wish!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haha. I had asked my husband if I could type out this chapter on his laptop, and he said no. It's a music Mac laptop he doesn't have any apps similar to windows word loaded on it. :? SO I had to use the word app on my phone. I wrote out a rough draft, and the put all the pieces together in a final draft. But it has this feature on my phone where you have it read the document out loud and man did that help out tremendously. Since it's so dead here, I can't get a beta for my writings so I have to figure it out for myself. :wink:
I'm thinking I'm going to write an update every week, a deadline tends to work best for me. 🙌💯😊 I'm probably going to update on my other fiction today as well, I'm reworking the chapters and moving stuff around. Thanks for read & comment. ❤️❤️❤️
totallizfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by totallizfan »

Ya....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Really enjoying this fic
LovelyPOM83
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Odd One Out (M/L CC Teen) Chapter 9 (5/2/24) *updated*

Post by LovelyPOM83 »

Chapter 9: Date night all around

"You're looking sharp Whitman. Have another date with blondie?" Alex ignored Michaels comment and just replied rather than correcting him, it was no use he would just call her that again.

"Yes. Why are you home? I thought you had plans with Maria?" Michael shrugged and shoved another fistful of popcorn in his mouth.

"Eh, she's out with Liz...something about going to get fixture or furniture for their cafe." Alex glanced at his watch, He seemed it was getting late, they had left early that morning to get that done.

"Still? They've been out all day doing that stuff." Michael didn't seem worried.

"Yeah, well this is two chick's opening a business, It's going to take time. You know. It's a lot of opinions. Besides Evans should be home soon, we're gonna meet them for dinner." Alex's concerns drained, knowing they were in good hands.

"Okay, keys, wallet, cash, and phone." Alex muttered to himself as he fixed his hair in the mirror as he checked himself before shouting his goodbyes to Michael as he left to go pick up Isobel Andrew, Maria's model girlfriend that he instantly hit it off with.

They had there first date last week, he was seriously nervous, it's been a while since he'd been on a serious date. He took his personal life very seriously, Kyle mentioned a little too seriously. But it was just his style, that's who he was...he wasn't going to change for anyone. Was it bad that he had her address memorized? He wasn't creepy, he just didn't want to screw this up.

"Violet roses, how did you find these? They're my absolute favorite." Alex smiled in satisfaction.

"It took me a bit, but you're smile is well worth it." Alex mused as Isobel blushed.

"Do you want to come in? While I put these in water?" Alex eagerly stepped in and took in the ambiance. It was very plain but she did say she moved around a lot due to her job.

"What a lovely home." She laughed and smiled at him.

"Stop being nice, it's very plain. I moved in 6 months ago, but haven't been able to fully make it my own." Alex shrugged his shoulders and they exchanged a smile.

After she arranged the flowers accordingly, she grabbed her jacket, keys, and purse and held her hand out for him to take.

"The evening awaits us..." Alex took her hand and gently kissed it and guided her to his car to awaiting dinner reservations.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"What time did Liz say for us to meet them at the bar?" Michael glanced at his watch and Max walked in from getting home from his classes that day.

Looking to reference his phone, Max replied..." Ah she said around 7:30, we still have time. We can go early and catch the game."

Mike didn't need any further convincing, he got up grabbed his keys and jacket while Max did the same and they left the apartment. The evening seemed simple enough.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Liz, we don't have time to go back and decide this again. We compromised remember? I told you doing this in one day would be too much." Maria whined as Liz had the tile layer out in front of her.

"I can't just settle, I'm sorry. I know it's been a while since we had a break. If you want to leave you can." Maria rolled her eyes and sank in her seat.

"You've did this for every decision, it's not a big deal." Liz didn't think it was a lite ordeal. She wanted everything to be perfect.

Maria got up to get her stuff together, " I'm sorry, I need food. I can't go over this for the 1000th time. I will get food delivered here for you, but I need a break. You should really come with me, some fresh air will do you some good." Liz barely heard her, she had all the samples in front of her waiting to make a decision.

"I'm fine. You go ahead." She absently said, and Maria shrugged. She knew there was no convincing her.

"Okay, suite yourself. I will call you tomorrow." Before Liz could respond Maria saw herself out, she had to walk away before she went insane.

Thank goodness she was in Roswell and it was a small town, and everything was in a one mile radius of one another, the walk to the bar was hardly five minutes.

She walked into the bar found the guys and just started to eat there appetizer, Michael just glared at her, and gave Max a look. He didn't know half as much as he did at that point.

"Hey Thelma where's Louise?!" Michael asked as he took a swig of his beer.

Maria didn't reply, she just kept eating and the took the beer out of his hand and drank that as well.

"I'm so starving...please order something else". The boys exchanged a glance and Max stifled a laugh.

They allowed her to eat for another few minutes before she sat back and wiped her mouth, "Why does everything taste amazing when your starving?" Max looked at her quizingly.

"When is the last time you ate"

"This morning before we left, Liz didn't want to break...she kept saying we'd be done soon. But she couldn't make up her mind and just make a decision. " she shoved another few fries in her mouth as she tried to carry a decent conversation with us.

"Yep, that sounds like our Lizzie" Max tried to hide his smile as Maria blankly stared at the guys.

"Has she always been like this?" Maria asked.

"Let me guess" Michael started out the sentence, "she hasn't made a single decision." Max finished and continued eating.

"How did you guys know?!" She looked dumbfounded at them.

"She's been like this her entire life, it's just that you're finally close enough to her that she fininally showing you this side of her." Michael shrugged his shoulders and agreed with Max.

"We narrowed down our choices, but that's as far as we got. We were supposed to leave 2 hours ago, at least for a break but she wouldn't. I was starting to get a migrane, I had to leave her." It's at that point the the guys food came and she made a bee line to Mike's food, he asked the server for another order of the same thing. While Max asked for a to go box.

"What are we going to do about Liz?" She asked as she wiped her mouth and the guys exchanged a look.

"I'm gonna go, get her out of her head. Nothing I haven't done before, trust me." The server brought the to go bag to Max as he slipped a crisp twenty dollar bill on the table.

"I will see you guys later." Max smirked, grabbed his jacket and set off to find Liz, he knew she wasn't far.

"Are you sure he'll be able to maker her come to her senses?"

"Oh yeah, Max is the best man for the job. They have a special bond...before they got together, he would be the only one she'd trust to get her out of this funk." Maria slowly nodded her head as she took in this new valuable information.

"Hey, can I get another round of drinks?" Mike wanted to ease her mind to know that Liz was going to be fine and therefore; they would be fine as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
( Flashback: Graduation day)

Liz looked over her speech, it was late...too late, nearly 2am to be exact. Today she would be giving the speech of her entire school career. She was the school's Valedictorian.

She had her note cards laid out, and she kept pacing back and forth reciting the words in the card and she kept messing the words up. They kept getting jumbled in her head and it felt like a big tongue twister. She was on the verge of tears and she didn't know why life was being unfair to her now.

Suddenly there was a knock on the glass door leading into the café. She looked up and it was none other than Max Evans. Her best friend, she hadn't called him...but she already suspected who did.

"Hey Max, it's late what's up?" He smiled and she held the door out for him to gain access to lead him inside.

"Michael said that you needed a friend to talk to." Liz looked embarrassed. Mike had tried to get her to calm down and go upstairs to bed knowing that she needed rest for the big day. But like always when she was over stressed she refused.

"I can't get my speech right and it's driving me crazy." She had angry tears gush down her face and Max was at her side in an instant.

"Hey calm down, just breathe. It's going to be okay. I'm sure your making this sound worse than it sounds. You just went over your speech yesterday and it was perfect." Liz shrugged as she wipped her tears.

"Yeah, well today it's crap!" She threw her cards down at the table and she started pacing again.

"I think you're too much in you're head. You get like this when you're over stressed. Stop thinking and let it be." She stopped for a second and continued pacing, and continued to mumble the words under her breath.

"Why don't you give me the cards and say you're speech and we will see what you need to work on, but keep your voice down...I'm sure you're parents would hate to be woken up at this hour."

Liz tried to dry her tears, went over her cards and gave them to him and made herself stand in one spot. Cleared her throat and tried to clear her head, she did a mental count down and looked at Max's calm demeanor.

"To our teachers, thank you for your unwavering dedication and for pushing us beyond our limits. You have not only been educators but mentors, guiding us with patience and wisdom, and preparing us for the challenges ahead. You saw potential in us even when we doubted ourselves, and for that, we are eternally grateful.

To our parents and families, thank you for your love and support. You have been our backbone, cheering us on from the sidelines, celebrating our victories, and comforting us in our defeats. Your sacrifices have not gone unnoticed, and today is as much your achievement as it is ours.

And to my fellow graduates, what can I say? We did it! Together, we have experienced highs and lows, successes and failures, laughter and tears. We have learned not just from textbooks, but from each other. We, we..w--"
She stopped and the tears continued to flow.

"I keep getting stuck, this stupid speech is going to break me. I have this constant fear that I'm going to break out in hives and everyone is going to be laughing at me, even my parents. This is what I was scared of, why does this always happ--" her paranoid rant was cut off by Max taking Liz into is arms and kissed her.

His embrace was warm and inviting, it wasn't at all creepy but it did make her mind stop thinking and go blank. It only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to get her out of that funk.

He pulled away, and she couldn’t form actual words...and he knew that did the trick. " say it again"

She just started to recite the words on the index cards without a second glance and without flaw it was over.

Liz stood there dumbfounded, and in awe at how his trick worked.

"How did you know that would work?"

"I took a psychologically class for extra credit, you'd be surprised what tricks the human mind." He smiled as they exchanged a look.

"But don't expect me to help calm you down at the ceremony, I don't know how my girlfriend would react to me kissing another beautiful woman."

Liz blushed at his words and tried to hide her face from him, but he gently eased her hands away from her face.

"No matter what you'll always be my best friend Lizzie. You're going to kill this speech, and it will be an epic highlight of the graduating class of Roswell high. "

At this moment she hugged him and there embrace lasted a little longer than it should've...but she loved his hugs and deep down she loved him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Present day]

Max didn't have to walk far, he knew exactly where she'd be, doing her usual pacing. It almost seemed like deja vu, like a far distant memory like he was trying to convince himself all those years ago that he wasn't in love with Liz and she was just a friend that needed him.

The relationship he'd been in at that time was all consuming, it was almost 3 yrs ago and he had been involved with Tess and everything was fine until Graduation day and he kissed Liz. He tried to convince himself that it meant nothing, and she was just a friend that needed him. They were best friends afterall, but even though there kiss only lasted a few seconds it was enough proof for him to prove that his relationship with Tess was a lie. All the kisses with her were nothing compared to the one kiss he shared with Liz.

That's why Michael called him Romeo, it was a way of agnologizing he knew something was up with him and his feelings for his cousin. The breakup was hard, she didn't understand why, in her eyes everything was fine. But Max didn't want to lead her on, it wasn't fair--hr didn't want to hold her back and we were going to different schools anyway. It was a clean break, even though she did fight for me, saying that she was blind sided and suspected that it was Liz. Knowing the way he looked at her, and how he was so over protective of her. It was like everything had come full circle, so much so he didn't realize that she'd opened the door and was watching him.

"Now look at the one who's lost in his head." Liz laughed as Max smiled and shrugged.

She stepped closer and brushed her lips against his, and it was almost as if time stopped.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" She pouted and waited for his response.

"I bring food, but it's only enough for one unless we share it." He winked and she let him in. As she locked the door behind him.

"This seems oddly familiar" She smirked as he opened the food and split everything in half.

"Are you trying to get me out of my head Evans?" His eyes seemed to light up and he slid a small plate of food to her, and smirked.

"I don't know what you mean Parker." As he had the other plate for himself.

"But what I do know is...I think you should eat while your mind is at ease then we can make those pesky decisions together."

Liz smiled at Max and without another word they both quietly ate and Liz knew this was going to be a long nite.

They both smiled.

Tbc...