Music in Roswell

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fetch »

That site is awesome. How about uploading L7 - Slide, from Heart of Mine? And Dido's Here With Me, of course :)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I love the music from Roswell. I own the DVD so I only know the music from there. Was there any good songs I missed in the original that I could download?
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
IluvMaxEvans
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IluvMaxEvans »

Ok, I know this isn't really a song...but you know the nusic they play at the beginning of the s2 dvd? the guitar? I know they play that music in Harvest, but what other episodes do they play it in? And do you know if I can get the music for it, like the notes and such?
Topy458
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Topy458 »

Does anyone know the name of the song that replaced Beth Orton's "She Cries Your Name" at the end of the episode Cry Your Name? I love that song and I really want to download it!!! Thanks!!!
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Hey guys - Anyone know the song that replaced Santana in the episode where Michael and Maria are making out in the Crashdown in Heatwave? I love that song so much better then the original.
I'm a believer!
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Does anyone know the name of the song that played during the dvd version of the strawberries/make-out scene between Max and Liz in Sexual Healing? I'm in desperate need of finding out the name/artist and any help would be appreciated.

Also, Does anyone know where I can find atmosphere by Landing Gear?
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
kissme4ever123
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kissme4ever123 »

Hi, Does anybody know the name of the song that played in the DVD version of season 1 , where Micheal gave the guy a rash for beating up Max in Leaving Normal?

Thanks. :)
Our greatest fear is ourself.
Always be true to yourself because if you can't, than it is not worth anything to anyone one.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

FaithfulAngel24 wrote:I love the music from Roswell. I own the DVD so I only know the music from there. Was there any good songs I missed in the original that I could download?
Go to Roswell Mp3's. They have lists of all the original music. And yeah, about 95% of it is really, really good. :)
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Here's the changed music list to date. I managed to track down the singer of Poloroid (Dan Rowe) who was really nice and gave me an accoustic version of Silence. I'll edit the post in a minute with a link you can use to download the song from.
Episode 1.1 Pilot
Eleventeen – “Let’s Go for a Ride”
Scene: Jeep – Isabel listens to a CD, using her powers (TV song is Hole – “Boys on the Radio”)

Episode 1.2 The Morning After
Electrostatic – “Shine”
Scene: Crashdown Café - Liz comes in and asks Maria to cover for her. The song begins when Maria says "Ya know...I'd steer you to this side of the menu" and plays through Liz and Maria giving Alex the “cramps” excuse for what they were talking about. (TV song is Gus Gus – “Ladyshave”)

Episode 1.3 Monsters
The 88 – “All the Same” – full song and lyrics
Scene: Crashdown Café – Maria waits on “Queen Amidala” (TV song is Other Star People – “Drip”)
The 88 – “All the Same” also plays in Baby, It’s You, in the school hallway as Max and Michael look at yearbook picture Isabel changed to an alien

Episode 1.3 Monsters
The 88 – “Hate Me” – lyrics and 32 sec sample
Scene: Crashdown Café – Valenti orders Heavenly Hash special from Maria. (TV song is Folk Implosion – “My Ritual”)

Episode 1.5 Missing
The Waking Hours – "Almost Nearly There"
Scene: Crashdown Café – Kyle enters and tells Max he’s onto him. (TV song is Filter – “Take a Picture”)

Episode 1.5 Missing
Glen Phillips - "Darkest Hour"
Scene: at the end, as Liz returns to her room and hides her journal (TV song is Counting Crows – "Colorblind")

Episode 1.9 Heat Wave
Morphic Field - "I Won't Lie to You"
DVD Timestamp: 00:37
Scene: The beginning of the episode, as Michael/Maria are making out at the Crashdown.

Epidsode 1.9 Heat Wave
James William Hindle - "Come Down Slowly" – MP3
Scene: school hallway, Liz notices how everyone is pairing up. (TV song is The Flys – “Got You (Where I Want You)”.

Episode 1.9 Heat Wave
Steve Reynolds - "Satellite"
Scene: Liz's balcony, end of episode, as Max and Liz talk and then kiss for the first time. (TV song is Gomez - “We Haven't Turned Around”.)

Episode 1.10 The Balance
Mustard Seeds – “Coming Up Roses” – :59 sec ram sample
Scene: Crashdown, Liz and Maria talk; Max and Michael enter. (TV song is Fountains of Wayne – “Troubled Times”)

Episode 1.10 The Balance
Dan Mackenzie - “Don’t Even Start”
Scene: Señor Chow’s, as Max and Liz play pool, read fortunes, and dance. (TV song is Third Eye Blind “Deep Inside of You”)

Episode 1.10 The Balance
WeakLazyLiar – “Again”
Scene: End of the episode when Max says he needs to find his balance again. (TV song is "Absence of Fear" by Jewel )
You can download it free here but you need to register: http://www.peoplesound.com/artist/weaklazyliar/

Episode 1.11 The Toy House
RubberSideDown – "Hot Wheels a Go Go" – mp3
Scene: school basketball game (TV song is Third Eye Blind – “Never Let You Go”)

Episode 1.12 Into The Woods
Athenaeum - "Banana"
Scene: Crashdown, Liz and Michael talk about Max, and Maria says that Max has been staring at Liz. (TV song is Vertical Horizon - “Everything You Want”)

Episode 1.12 Into The Woods
Thomas Anderson – “You Surprize Me”
Scene: End of the episode when Valenti visits his father at the nursing home. (TV song is by "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child" by Van Morrison.)
You can listen to a clip here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thomasanderson

Episode 1.13 The Convention
Sherstin – “Lucky” – short sample (click Enter, click Music, click down to song)
Scene: Crashdown, as Larry proposes to Jennifer. (TV song is replaces Sheryl Crow – “My Favorite Mistake”)

Episode 1.14 Blind date
Relient K - "Falling Out"
Scene: Isabel’s room, the song on the radio, as Michael comes through the window and asks her to come with him to search for the 4th alien (TV song is Blink 182 – “Adam’s Song”)

Episode 1.15 Independence Day
Highwater Rising - "Life in Three Parts"
Scene: Maria lets Michael in her room (TV song is Collective Soul – “Run”)

Episode 1.15 Independence Day
Neva Dinova - "Did You Disappoint Your God?"
Scene: Michael hitchhikes (TV song is Bush – “40 Miles from the Sun”)
Neva Dinova - "Did You Disappoint Your God?" also plays in Max in the City as Max is tested by the emissary. It also plays in Chant Down Babylon, when Maria confirms to Liz that Max is dead, and also at the very end of the episode.

Episode 1.16 Sexual Healing
Last Days of April –"All Will Break” - video and complete song
Scene: Crashdown – Liz spills strawberries, then Max and Liz kiss in the kitchen (TV song is Marcy Playground – Sex and Candy)

Episode 1.16 Sexual Healing
Evan Olson - "Ticking Away"
Scene: at the end, as Max and Liz talk before going into the Crashdown (TV song is Sarah McLachlan – “Fumbling Towards Ecstasy”)

Episode 1.17 Crazy
Athenaeum - "On Her Way"
Scene: Crashdown, as delivery man brings flowers for Liz, which Maria grabs to give to Liz. (TV song is Radford – “Don’t Stop”)

Episode 1.18 Tess, Lies and Videotape
Bloom - "Love Minus Zero"
DVD Timestamp: 7:00
Scene: When Max is daydreaming of Tess in science class

Episode 1.19 Four Square
RubberSideDown - "Some Other Place"
Scene: Crashdown, as Max, Liz, and Maria talk about Tess. Maria says Max needs constant supervision. The Sheriff talks to them. (TV song is Folk Implosion – “No Need to Worry”)

Episode 1.20 Max to the Max
The Get Set - "I Feel Free"
Scene: at the Crashdown kitchen, as Maria overhears Michael and Isabel talking about the baby. (TV song is 8 Stops 7 - “Question Everything”.)

Episode 1.20 Max to the Max
Athenaeum - "On Her Way"
Scene: Crashdown, as Michael comes out of the kitchen with a glass of milk for Isabel; Max enters and tells Isabel she's not pregnant; Maria says Liz left with Max; they all realize Liz has been kidnapped. (TV song is Chris Cornell - “Wave Goodbye”.)

Episode 1.21 The White Room
Hypnogaja – “Nothing Box”
Scene: Crashdown, as the Sheriff talks to Liz, Maria, and Alex about two Maxes. It continues as Max is tortured. (TV song is Remy Zero – “Yellow Light”.)

Episode 2.01 Skin and Bones
"I Fall Asleep" - Buva (possible alternate title: "Never Like This")
DVD Timestamp: 40:26
Scene: Near the end of the episode, when Max and Liz are outside of the Crashdown and he touches her arm.

Episode 2.02 Ask Not
Dr. Caligari - "Up In It"
DVD Timestamp: 00:43
Scene: The beginning of the episode, as the girls are dancing at the Crashdown. The scene is inter-cut with scenes of Max running, with no music as he runs.

Episode 2.2 Ask Not
Agent 51 – “American Rock N Roll”
Scene: Kyle’s room, as Kyle’s alarm goes off, he rolls out of bed, and does push ups. (TV song is Crease – “867-5309 (Jenny)”)

Episode 2.5 The End of the World
Vaughan Penn – "The Deeper I Fall" – 2 minute song sample
Scene: Liz, Alex, Maria driving to psychic. The song also plays later in the episode in Liz’s room, as Kyle and Liz talk. (TV song is The Pierces – “Save Me”)

Episode 2.7 Wipe Out!
The Waking Hours – “Everything’s Alright Forever”
Scene: near the end, as everyone hugs after things return to normal. (TV song is Foo Fighters – “Next Year”)

Episode 2.7 Wipe Out!
Elvis Costello "Still" replaces Elvis Costello "Alison"
Liz tells Max about how her mom likes listening to Elvis Costello on laundry day.

Episode 2.08 Meet the Dupes
Wurkt - "Foreskin"
DVD Timestamp: 00:42
Scene: The beginning of the episode, when the dupes are walking out of the subway and down the streets of New York City.

Episode 2.8 Meet the Dupes
Zeromind – “Sick Inside”
Scene: New York, Rath, Lonnie, and Ava steal the Trans Am (TV song is Coal Chamber – “El Cu Cuy”)

Episode 2.8 Meet the Dupes
Beth Thornley – “I Will Lie” – complete song and lyrics
Scene: Crashdown – Maria at serving window telling Michael to be sure to include pepperjack on Brody’s sub (TV song is Imani Coppola – You Stole My Fun)

Episode 2.9 Max in the City
Neva Dinova - "Did You Disappoint Your God?”
Scene: Max tested (TV song is Radiohead – “How to Disappear Completely”)
Neva Dinova - "Did You Disappoint Your God?" also plays in Independence Day as Michael hitchhikes. It also plays in Chant Down Babylon, when Maria confirms Liz Max is dead, and also at the very end of the episode.

Episode 2.9 Max in the City
Sanctus Real – “Hey Wait” on DVD
Scene: NY vacant building, Evans kitchen, Liz’s room—Max and Tess, Max and Isabel, Liz and Ava hug, Brody and Maria talk, Max and Liz through ending. (TV song is Lifehouse – “Everything”)

Episode 2.11 To Serve and Protect
Electrostatic – “Eliminate Me” – MP3
Scene: Liz’s dream (TV song is Delerium featuring Jenifer McLaren – “Fallen Icons”)

Episode 2.13 Disturbing Behavior
Audio Adrenaline "Ocean Floor" replaces Lifehouse "Quasimodo"
Sean interrupts Liz, Alex and Isabel's conversation at the Crashdown wanting to know where Maria is.

Episode 2.14 How the Other Half Lives
Lucky Jim – “You’re Lovely to Me” – lyrics and listen on RealPlayer radio
Scene: Dupree home and Michael’s apartment – end of episode – Michael and Maria talk about Laurie (TV song is Jill Phillips – “Everything”)

Episode 2.16 Heart of Mine
Juliana Theory – “We’re at the Top of the World”
Scene: Crashdown – pre-prom gathering (TV song is Josh Joplin Group – “Camera One”)

Vaughan Penn – “If You Could See You” – 2 minute song sample
Scene: Prom – Max and Liz dance (TV song is Ivy – “Worry about You”)

"The Way You Are" - Macabella
DVD Timestamp: 40:24
Scene: Near the end of the episode, when Liz walks in on Max and Tess kissing. She then runs off to see Sean at the bowling alley.
Note: This song is also featured in Skin and Bones (Episode 2.01, 38:20) near the end of the episode during the "party" at the Crashdown.

Episode 2.17 Cry Your Name
"Silence" - Poloroid
DVD Timestamp: 40:35
Scene: The end of the episode, when Liz is at the Crashdown looking at pictures of Alex and having flashbacks of him.

Episode 2.17 Cry Your Name
David Rice – “So Long My Brother’
Scene: Isabel’s 2nd dream – Isabel and Alex at the Crashdown - Alex says "Goodbye Isabel" and "I think we both know I loved you too." (TV song Peter Searcy – “Nothing”)

Episode 2.18 It’s Too Late and It’s Too Bad
Vaughan Penn – “I Can’t Help Myself” – 2 minute song sample
Scene: DeLuca kitchen – Michael and Amy talk; Michael uses powers to fix garbage disposal (TV song is Shawn Colvin – “Bonefields”)

Episode 2.18 It’s Too Late and It’s Too Bad
Sherri Youngward – “Where This Love Goes”
Scenes: end of episode – Max and Tess make love at the observatory; Liz at the airport learns Alex didn’t go to Sweden (TV song is Fisher – “I Will Love You”)
Sherri Youngward – “Where This Love Goes” also plays in Secrets and Lies, as Jesse gives Isabel the engagement ring

Episode 2.19 Baby It's You
"Don't Run Away" - Evan Olson
DVD Timestamp: 06:46
Scene: Max and Tess pause for a short conversation before walking down the school hallway.

Episode 2.19 Baby, It’s You
The 88 – “All the Same” – full song and lyrics
Scene: school hallway – Michael and Max look at yearbook picture Isabel changed to an alien, as Isabel and Kyle watch (TV song is The Soft Boys – “I Wanna Destroy You”)
The 88 – “All the Same” also plays in Monsters, as Maria waits on “Queen Amidala”

Episode 2.21 The Departure
Patrick Conway – “Brave Goodbye” – complete song
Scene: Night, Alex’s grave – Isabel and Alex talk and dance (TV song is Remy Zero- Perfect Memory)
Patrick Conway – “Brave Goodbye” also plays in Significant Others, as Isabel says yes to Jesse’s proposal and Alex smiles

Episode 2.21 The Departure
The Sonnets – “City, Spark, Fire” – free MP3
Scene: Night, desert - Michael sends the jeep over the edge in flames; they say goodbye to Valenti (TV song is Coldplay – “Trouble”)

Episode 3.3 Significant Others
Patrick Conway – “Brave Goodbye” – complete song
Scene: Night, outside restaurant – Isabel says yes to Jesse’s proposal and Alex smiles (TV song is Remy Zero- Perfect Memory)
Patrick Conway – “Brave Goodbye” also plays in The Departure at Alex’s grave, as Isabel and Alex talk and dance

Episode 3.3 Significant Others
Stars – The Vanishing :28 sec sample
Scene: Isabel (looking in mirror) is speaking to Alex about expecting the proposal from Jesse.

Episode 3.4 Secrets and Lies
Sherri Youngward – “Where This Love Goes”
Scene: Jesse gives Isabel the engagement ring (TV song is Miranda lee Richards – “The Beginner”)
Sherri Youngward – “Where This Love Goes” also plays at the end of It’s Too Late and It’s Too Bad, as Max and Tess make love at the observatory; Liz at the airport learns Alex didn’t go to Sweden

Episode 3.10 A Tale of Two Parties
The Appleseed Cast – “A Dream for Us”
Scene: Kyle is sitting with Isabel on the hood of the Viper.
Scene: Dream sequence of Kyle kissing Isabel.

Episode 3.14 Chant Down Babylon
Neva Dinova - "Did You Disappoint Your God?” – song samples
Scene: end of the episode, Winamen Academy – Maria, Liz, and Max walk and leave together. The song also plays earlier in the episode, when Maria tells Liz that Max is dead. (TV song is Sensefield - "Save Yourself")
Neva Dinova - "Did You Disappoint Your God?" also plays in Independence Day as Michael hitchhikes, and in Max in the City, as Max is tested by the emissary

Additional song identifications on DVD, which are the SAME SONGS on the TV VERSION of Roswell:

• Sarah McLachlan - “Fear” in Pilot, in the scene after Max heals Liz and in the scene that Max reverses the connection and Liz sees Max, is the same on TV and the DVD
• Hexx - "Hallucination Generation” in Pilot, as Kyle takes off his mask and the Sheriff notices silver paint on his fingers, is the same on TV on the DVD
• Dave Matthews Band - "Crash into Me" at the end of Pilot, as Max and Liz talk is the same on TV on the DVD
• Loni Rose – "I Never Thought That You Would Come" in The Morning After, as Max and Liz walk down the sidewalk making plans for a "lunch", is the same on TV and the DVD
• Christina Aguilera - “Genie in a Bottle” in Monsters, as Maria sings and drives the Jetta, is the same on both
• Skycopter 9 – “Cosmic Explosion” in 285 South, as Liz listens and talks on phone, as Maria rides with Michael down 285 South, is the same on TV and on DVD
• Counting Crows – “Amy Hit the Atmosphere” at the end of The Toy House is the same on TV and on DVD
• Dido – “Here with Me” at the end of Destiny is the same on TV and on DVD
• Rebecca Kyler Downs – “Love Me Like Candy” in Summer of ‘47 (Richie pretends to be drunk to Hal) is the same
• Olivia Tremor Control – “Love Athena” in The End of the World (Maria asks Michael not to be a jerk; Courtney slaps Michael’s butt; Michael and Maria discuss Courtney) is the same
• Sheryl Crow – “I Shall Believe” in The End of the World is the same
• Apples in Stereo – “Shine A Light “ in Meet the Dupes (Maria and Brody have breakfast) is the same
• Jane Silberry – “Calling All Angels” in A Roswell Christmas Carol is the same
• Josh Rouse – “100m Backstroke” in Heart of Mine (Sean and Liz bowl) is the same
• Landing Gear – “Atmosphere” at the end of Baby, It’s You is the same
• U-2 – “Walk On” at the end of The Departure is the same
• Toby Mac - "Get This Party Started" in A Tale of Two Parties, as Max, Maria, and Michael go to the frat house party (on TV and DVD versions both).
• Travis - "More Than Us" at the end of Ch-Ch-Changes (on TV and DVD versions both).
• Ivy - "The Edge of the Ocean" at the end of To Have & To Hold as people dance at the wedding reception (on TV and DVD versions both).
• Bob Marley - "Chant Down Babylon" in the episode of the same name is on TV and DVD versions both.
• Ash - "Shining Light" at the end of Graduation is the same in both versions.
Spidey
xxx

ETA: Here is the link to download Silence by Poloroid. It's via yousendit.com and it's 2 days old so download it as soon as you can!
:arrow: Silence
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

Rather trivial, but the TV version of Meet The Dupes had the beginning scene (with the Dupes walking down the street) as Linkin Park's "With You"
Absence of proof is not proof of absence