Into the Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 8 - Pt 2 11/3 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Follow the yellow brick road...Follow the yellow brick road

Into the Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 8 - Pt 2 11/3 [WIP]

Post by kameragrl350 »

Banner by: singerchic4

Title: Into the Night

Author: kameragrl350

Disclaimer: I don’t own these characters; they belong to Jason Katims, Eric Kripke, and the CW. I am just borrowing them for this story.

Synopsis: Liz knows about the things that go bump in the night, and she is looking for a fight.

Category: Crossover Roswell/Supernatural, UC Dean/Liz (Others, but unsure of pairings just yet.)

Rating: Mature…for violence, language, and sexual content.

Background Story:

When Liz was six months old her mother died at the hands of the Yellow eyed demon, and after that her father became a hunter. Max saved Liz’s life that day in the Crashdown, and he told her that he was an alien. Her and her father left the night she found out the truth. They moved in with Jeff’s sister and Liz has been with her Aunt Ellen ever since. The incident in Roswell is never mentioned again by Liz or her father. Takes place seven years later. Liz, Jo and Sam are twenty-three. Story begins shortly after Dead Man’s Blood.

Chapter 1

“Liz, hurry up.” Ellen yelled.

“I’m moving as fast as I can; if you don’t like it too bad.” She snapped back, and then turned and smiled at the woman that had raised Liz as one of her own. “Is Jo in the back?” Liz asked her.

“Yea, she is almost finished with the inventory. She should be out front any minute.” On cue Jo walked through the swinging doors that led to the back of the bar.

“Get your ass over here and help me. They are starting to get restless.” Liz hollered to Jo.

“I’m coming, I’m coming. Don’t get your panties in a twist.” She responded. Liz looked over her shoulder when she heard someone behind her laugh at the comment. The man smirked at Liz and was going to say something, but Liz interrupted him.

She spoke so quiet that only he could hear what she said, “I’m not wearing any.” Then she gave him a wink and turned back around to finish busing the empty tables before the crowd started getting any bigger. “Tonight is gonna be a long night.” Liz thought to herself.

The rush had slowed a few hours later leaving only a few regulars and a couple hunters. Liz and Jo decided they needed a break, so the girls headed over to the pool table. When they reached it, Liz noticed the guy she had commented to earlier was just finishing up a game. She and Jo sat at one of the high bar tables and watched as they finished their game. When he sunk the eight ball he turned to Liz and smiled. “The name’s Dean.” He said in a husky voice.

“Liz,” was all that she replied. She looked over to Dean’s side when the guy she saw him come in with walked over to the three of them.

Dean turned to him before stating, “This is my brother Sammy.”

“It’s Sam actually.” He replied. He looked over at Jo and asked with a smile, “And you are?”

“Jo.” She answered just as Liz had both girls trying to look uninterested in the boys in front of them.

“Can we buy you two lovely ladies a drink?” Dean asked with a cocky smile. Liz just stared at him smiling back at his infectious grin.

“Hook, Line, and Sinker.” Liz thought to herself as she glanced over to Jo who grinned back.

“Jack on the rocks, two.” Jo answered for her. Dean signaled to Ellen behind the bar, and she grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels. He gave her a puzzled look since he hadn’t even ordered their drinks, but shook it off. Dean looked back over at Liz; she was eyeing the pool table with caution.

“You play.” He asked as another waitress brought the girls drinks over.

Liz looked over at Jo with a knowing smile before stating, “Not really.” Then she added, “You wanna show me?”

As John Winchester walked into the Roadhouse he glanced behind the bar. Ellen Harvelle was there, just as she always was. The hunting had started with his wife, as a way for revenge, but it had escalated to something bigger with the death of his two best friends, Ellen’s husband Bill, and her brother Jeffery Parker. That was why he was here. It was time to finish what that demon had started so long ago. He needed to end this before he lost anyone else; he just hadn’t expected to see what he saw next, and his eyes went red with anger.

Dean gently placed his arms around Liz guiding the pool cue so that it lined up the shot perfectly. “And, just shoot.” He stated. When she banked the shot Liz chuckled softly and looked up into Dean’s bright, green eyes, only to be broken out of the reverie when someone yelled.

“What the fuck do you think you are doing?” Dean jumped back at the sound of his father’s voice. Dean fumbled for the words not knowing why his father was so angry.

“Lay off, John. We were just having some fun.” She stated with a smile, and Dean glanced down at her questioningly before looking back over at his father.

“Not with him you’re not.” John scalded. “I know how he is with the ladies, you don’t.” Then he scowled at Dean and said, “Keep your hands off her.” Dean backed up a little not knowing exactly what his father meant by that.

“Ahh, come on, he was just teaching me how to play pool.” Liz smiled an innocent smile and looked at John with the most irresistible puppy dog eyes.

Only, John wasn’t fooled. “I know damn, good, and well that you’re the best shot in the house, so what do you think you are doing?”

Liz huffed then responded, “Well, I was trying to hustle some money to fix my bike, but now thanks to you I’m screwed.” Then she uncharacteristically stuck her tongue out at Dean and smiled before walking up to John and placing a soft kiss on his cheek as he pulled her into a hug. John’s hard edges softened when he had the petite, brunette in his arms and a small smile curved on his lips. Sam and Dean stared at their father as if he had grown a second head. Since when did he hug anyone let alone smile at someone.

Sam cleared his throat and said, “Dad, what’s going on.”

“Dad?” Liz questioned looking up at John before glancing at the boys and bursting into a fit of giggles, which had John chuckling as well. “Oh god, I so didn’t realize.” The boys looked over at her again stumped. “Your that Dean and Sam.” She clarified. Then she turned back to John and said, “It is a good thing you showed up, because I so would have wiped them out,” again bursting into giggles.

“What the hell is going on?” Dean shouted causing Liz to jump.

“Watch your tone, young man.” John glared at his elder son.

“Yes, Sir.” Dean replied like a good little soldier.

“Dean, Sam this is Elizabeth Parker,” John pauses before saying, “my god-daughter.” John wrapped an arm around Liz’s shoulders pulling her to him. “And for a more formal introduction, Liz, these are my boys, Dean and Sam.”

Before anyone had a chance to say anything else Ellen yelled, “Closing time.” A few patrons were still at the Roadhouse, so they paid their tabs and headed out the front door. Dean, Sam, and John walked over to the bar were Ellen was motioning for them. Liz grabbed an empty tub and started cleaning off the tables. John reached over the bar and placed a kiss on Ellen’s cheek in greeting as two men walked through the swinging doors. “Ash, grab that bottle of scotch from the back I’ve been saving.” Ellen told the younger man; he immediately turned around and headed back through the doors.

“John, long time no see,” said the older man. “Boys.” He nodded in their direction.

“Bobby, it’s been awhile.” John answered the man as they both shook hands like old friends.

“Dean, Sam how’ve you two been.” Bobby asked the younger Winchester men.
A.N. I was going to wait to post this fic until it was finished, but...I couldn't help myself.
Let me know what you think.
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:29 am, edited 13 times in total.
Siggie by: singerchic4

DEAN: It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's cause we're so awesome...I think it's cause we're so awesome.
Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 2 4/23/08 pg 1

Post by kameragrl350 »

A.N. Thanks for the feedback. So, I decided to post this a week early. I have the next few parts finished and I'm gonna try for a once a week post. :D
Chapter 2

Everyone was gathered at the bar catching up on old times, while Liz and Jo bustled about picking up empty bottles, dirty glasses, and wiping down the tables. They had almost finished cleaning up when the front door opened. “Sorry, were closed.” Liz replied to the noise without turning around.

“That’s ok; I think I’ll take my drink to go.” The voice snarled launching himself at Liz.

“Shit!” Liz spun into a roundhouse kick and hit the figure in the jaw. When they were both up right they squared off. His eyes flashed white and Liz noticed his sharp, pointed teeth. Without taking one of her eyes off him she glanced around for a weapon, but didn’t see anything very useful. She had a knife in her boot, but all that would do is piss off the vampire. She needed something else. Liz could tell that the others behind her were ready if she needed backup, but she hoped they wouldn’t do anything stupid like try and protect her. Liz could handle herself and she needed them to know that. Sensing Liz’s fear Ellen placed a hand on each of the older Winchester men’s shoulders as if to tell them Liz had it. They both calmed a bit, but stayed at the ready.

“I think I just said we were closed.” Liz said to the vampire in a calm voice.

The vampire rubbed his jaw gingerly before responding, “I’m thinking you might be more fun than just dinner.” He eyed the others behind her as if trying to figure out how to get her out of the bar without getting caught.

“You know that’s what my last boyfriend told me. Unfortunately, I really don’t like things that play with their food.” Liz laughed when he looked at her puzzled. “Andrew, always was to forward.” Liz looked up at the ceiling pretending to be lost in thought and the vampire fell for it. He lunged at her, but realized too late it was an act. When he launched into the air with fast, cat like movements Liz dropped to the floor and yelled, “Now.” For a split second the vampire took his eyes off his prey, just in time to see the crossbow releasing its arrow, and not enough time to duck. “Thanks, Jo.” Liz turned to the other girl with a smile, and looked back at the man in front of her. “Dead Man’s Blood,” was all she said before the vamp hit the ground.

Liz turned to ask Ellen, “Do we need questions answered?”

“Nope,” Ellen responded to Liz as she tossed a machete to her. With one fell swoop Liz brought the weapon down upon the vampire’s neck, killing him before the poison could wear off.

Liz turned around and grabbed the towel that Jo threw in her direction. She wiped off the blood that spattered on her face and arms. Then Jo came over to her with a blue tarp and both of them set about cleaning up the current mess. Outside in the brush Liz and Jo set fire to the corpse. “Uncle Johnny’s gonna be very angry.” Jo said as she looked over at Liz.

“Yea, well, he didn’t really think that after everything we know we would just stand back and watch as the world falls apart around us, did he.” Liz answered her. The girls walked back into the Roadhouse and were meet with a very pissed off Winchester.
“What the hell was that Ellen?” John yelled at the older woman. His face was red with anger and his jaw was clenched tight.

“Well John, I’m pretty sure that was a vampire.” She told him calmly.

“You know what I’m talking about. What the hell are they doing fighting like that? I thought I told you to keep them as far away from this as possible.” He seethed.

“Did you really think that it would work? Do you really think they are just going to stand there and do nothing? They are just as much a part of this as you are. Liz even more. You know what she’s been through, and you know her. She is not just going to let you handle this.” Ellen paused before continuing, “She’s been searching for him, John. She been hunting him since the day you came back without her father and without my husband.” Ellen calmed her voice and spoke more softly this time. “There are things about her, John, things that you don’t know. You need to talk to her. You need to let her explain without jumping down her throat.” Everyone turned to the door as the soft sound of a throat clearing was heard.

“I got shot.” Liz said softly. She walked slowly over to the bar with her head held down.

“What?” John asked.

Liz looked up at him and started over. “I got shot. It was seven years ago. Do you remember when dad and I moved here?” John nodded his head. “Two days before we moved I got shot. I was working in the Crashdown and it was the middle of the day.” Liz looked away from the others staring off into space. “It was just an ordinary day, but there were two men and they were arguing about something. One of them pulled out a gun, they struggled and it went off. I didn’t have time to react. The next thing I knew I was lying on the ground bleeding.” Liz unconsciously placed her hand over the spot where the bullet had entered her body.

“How…” John stammered and Liz glanced at him before raising her hand to stop him.

“I was lying there and this boy, my lab partner actually, walked up to me. He placed his hand over the wound and it was just gone. It was like I had never been shot. He broke a bottle of ketchup on the counter and poured it over the blood. Then he at looked at me and said, “You broke the bottle when you fell. Please don’t say anything.” I stared at him as he ran out the front door. I didn’t know what to think. Everything had happened so fast. The next day at school during biology I grabbed the pencil he was chewing on and checked his skin cells…they weren’t normal.” Liz stared back up at John and realized that everyone was hanging on her every word.

Liz continued her story, “I confronted him about it. He told he wasn’t from around here. When I asked him where he was from he just pointed up.” Liz laughed softly remembering how Max had looked. “My response was up north, but he only raised his finger higher. I thought I was being funny when I asked if he was an alien, but he didn’t laugh. He just looked at me and said, “We prefer the term not of this earth.” Needless to say I freaked. I told dad everything and he took me out of school that day. He moved us up here and we never talked about it again.”

“Did he tell anyone?” John asked her quietly.

“No, neither one of us ever discussed it with anyone. He was happy I was ok, but he didn’t want to be around Roswell anymore. He didn’t think it was safe for us.” Liz answered him. “I didn’t tell Ellen and Jo until after Dad was gone. I had planned on keeping it a secret. I assumed that I would take it to my grave.” Liz paused unsure of how John and his boys were going to take the next part.

“The night you left…after you told me about Dad I freaked. I was so upset. Jo came to check on me and I was covered in these green electrical current looking things. I didn’t know what was going on, so Jo and I took a road trip back to Roswell. I tracked Max down and asked him what was happening to me. He explained to me that when he saved my life he had changed me. I wasn’t really sure what he meant, so he explained further. He reminded me that humans only use a small portion of their mind. When he saved me he sort of unlocked the rest of it. From what I can tell I’m still human; my cells are still what they’re supposed to be, but I can do things. I can do things that most humans can’t. That’s why Ellen isn’t worried. She knows I can protect myself and Jo.”

“So let me get this straight, you get shot and now you’re a little green around the gills.” Dean said breaking the tension. John looked over at him with a scowl. “What?” Dean said throwing up his hands.

John pulled Liz into a tight hug, so tight she didn’t think he was ever going to let go. “I almost lost you,” was all he said.

“Can’t…breathe.” Liz said trying to suck in a breath. John released her and opened his mouth to say something but Liz cut him off, “There’s more, but can it wait till later. I’m really tired I would rather just pick this up in the morning.”

“Yea that’s fine.” John said.

“Well John, why don’t you take the guest room? Liz and Jo can bunk together, and the boys can share Jo’s bed, since Ash will be sleeping on the couch.” Ellen stated.

“Don’t Liz and Jo share a room?” John’s forehead creased as he asked her this.

“John!” Ellen said in her stern motherly voice. “I’m sure the four of them can sleep in the same room without anything happening. They’re not exactly sex crazed teenagers anymore.” Dean smirked and Liz snorted at Ellen’s comment. Then Liz turned and headed towards the door to the backroom.

“Come on guys, I’ll show you where you can sleep.” Liz said without checking to see if they were following her. “Night, Uncle Bobby. Night, Uncle John.”
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DEAN: It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's cause we're so awesome...I think it's cause we're so awesome.
Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 3 4/25/08 pg 2

Post by kameragrl350 »

A.N. So, I guess my muse is feeling totally generous today, and I felt the need to share. :lol:
Chapter 3

When the boys followed Liz into her and Jo’s room she said, “Listen, I’m pretty sure you guys don’t want to share a bed, so if you both promise to keep your hands to yourselves then there won’t be a problem.”

Dean smirked at her and Sam smacked him in the back of his head, “We promise; don’t we Dean?” He gave his brother a pointed look. Sam was silently communicating that he so didn’t want to have to sleep next to his brother, and Dean relented.

“Yea, what he said.” Dean threw his pack on the ground and laid down on top of the covers of one of the beds.

“Shoes!” Liz yelled at him before smacking him on the leg. Dean kicked his shoes off onto the ground before curling up with one of the pillows.

“Oww!” Dean bellowed.

“Well, next time check before you start grabbing things.” Liz picked up the large hunting knife that she keep under her pillow and placed it on the dresser. Liz turned back to Dean and said, “Let me see it.”

“Why?” He asked with a look of curiosity.

“You know how I said I was different.” Dean nodded. “Well,” she paused, “if you want I can fix it for you.”

“What do you mean…fix it?” Dean asked.

“I can heal it, if you want?” Liz told him. Dean stared at her for a long moment before releasing his hand over to her. Liz placed his finger in the palm of her hand and a soft glow could be seen. “All better.” She said as she released his finger from the confines of her hand. She waved her other hand over the spot on the bed where Dean’s blood was. The dark red stain disappeared instantly.

“Thanks.” Dean murmured as he examined his once bloody finger. “Does that come in handy?” He asked her.

“Sometimes.” She said with a sad smile. Then she perked right back up and said, “We’re gonna go change in the other room, so unless you plan on sleeping in jeans the two of you better get ready for bed while we’re gone.” With that being said Liz and Jo grabbed a change of clothes and headed for the other room.

“Let me see it.” Sam asked his brother. Dean held his finger out so his brother could see it. “Cool,” was all he said, but shortly added, “I wonder what else she can do.” Dean and Sam quickly stripped down to their boxers and threw on some clean t-shirts. Neither one of them were sure how long the girls were going to take.
Liz and Jo walked down the hall to the bathroom and started their nightly routine. “So, you like Dean do you?” Jo asked her cousin out of the blue.

“No…yes…I don’t know.” Liz huffed totally unsure of how she felt. “I guess I just like hanging out with him. I mean I just meet him, but he’s funny, and oddly charming.” Liz chuckled.

“Plus,” Jo said, “He’s pretty easy on the eyes.”

“Yea, he is isn’t he!” Liz said with a dreamy smile, completely forgetting about the toothbrush she held in her hands. Her mind wandering towards earlier that night, after she first spoke to him she noticed that he would glance at her when he didn’t think she was looking. He sat there watching her ignoring his brother. Even when he started to play pool he would try to catch a glimpse of her between shots. Liz wasn’t sure why, but she kept doing the same thing to him. There was something about him, but she just figured she was rebounding. After everything that happened with Andrew, maybe she was finally ready to move on.

“Yo, earth to Liz. You gonna brush your teeth or what?” Jo said waving her hand in front of Liz’s face.

“What??? Oh, yea!” Liz answered her before finishing the task at hand. Liz and Jo finished getting ready for bed and walked back out into the hall.

“Hey,” Jo grabbed Liz’s arm stopping her movements, “You gonna be ok tonight?” Jo asked with concern in her voice.

“Yea…I’ll be fine.” Liz responded with a weak smile. Jo gave her a sideways hug, and the girls continued the journey towards their bedroom.

Shortly after the boys climbed into bed the girls returned from the other room. “Scoot over.” Liz told Dean as she climbed in next to him. Dean smirked over to her and wiggled his eyebrows. “Or you can sleep on the floor if you want to.”

“I’m scooting.” He said as he moved over to make more room for Liz. When Jo crawled in next to Sam he was already asleep and she soon followed him into dreamland. Liz and Dean both laid in bed awake with their backs to each other. “I’ve never seen him like that before.” Dean said as he rolled over to look at Liz.

“Who…like what?” She asked never turning around.

“My Dad.” He stated. Liz rolled over to look at him. “I’ve never seen him act like that, like he does with you.”

Liz smiled a sad smile and explained, “He didn’t used to. He used to be that fun uncle. Even though he wasn’t my uncle it always felt like he was. I think it’s because him and my dad were so close. After my dad died your father started acting like I was his responsibility. He tries to control every aspect of my life. If you thought being his son was bad, try being his unofficial daughter. He doesn’t come around very often, but when he does he puts the fear of god into any man that looks at me.” She looked up into Dean’s eyes and asked, “You want to know something funny?”

“What.” He said staring back at her.

“You’re the first guy to ever sleep in my bed.” Liz laughed and said. “You know your father is better than birth control.” A frightened look crossed Dean’s face making Liz laugh again. “Don’t worry, I know your Dad he’s not gonna hurt you just because we ‘slept’ in the same bed.” She used finger quotes to emphasize that all they were going to do was sleep. “Besides, even he knows I wouldn’t do that with Jo in the room.” Liz smirked at Dean.

“If you know my dad so well, and he was best friends with your dad then how come we’ve never met before.” Dean asked her as he propped his arm up onto its elbow and laid his head in his hand.

“I’m not really sure, most of the time when I met your dad he was just stopping by to get information, or asking my dad for help with a job. I didn’t even know about the two of you until we moved in with Aunt Ellen.” Liz yawned and finished. “I think maybe your dad was afraid to get to close after what happened. I guess they thought that keeping me and Sam apart would be the best thing. He was going to bring you guys up here, but then Sam went away to college and my dad and Uncle Bill died. After that night he was so broken up; I’ve never seen John like that before.”

“Why would they want to keep you and Sam apart?” He asked.

“Sam and I were born three days apart, and our mother’s died three days apart…both in nursery fires.” Liz looked him in the eye pleading with him to understand what she meant. Dean looked away from her knowing the significance of what she had said.

“When he went missing…did you know where he was?” Dean asked.

“Nope. I gave him hell when I saw him three weeks ago though. I even tried to get him to call the two of you.” Dean looked at her funny when she said this, so she clarified it for him. “Bobby said you were looking for him.”

“Ohh! Thanks.” He answered her.

“Don’t thank me. He just got mad and told me to mind my own business.” She chuckled and said. “I think that was the first time he actually raised his voice to me.”

“He can get like that.” Dean told her as he laid his head back down on his pillow. He looked over at her then closed his eyes and said, “Get some sleep.”

“Hey, Dean.” She looked at him questioningly.

“Yea?” He asked looking at her again.

“I know I don’t exactly know you and everything, but…” She trailed off and then finished what she was going to say, “Ok, I know I totally sound like a girl right now, but the whole killing things…it kind of freaks me out. I mean, I don’t have a problem doing it, but later when I try to sleep afterwards I just…I don’t know, never mind.”

“Come here.” Dean stated. Liz looked at him and saw the serious expression on his face. He pulled up the covers and motioned for Liz to slide over. “Come here.” He said again. Liz moved over next to him and curled up into his arms.

“Thanks.” She said into his chest.

“Don’t worry; I won’t let anything happen to you.” He didn’t know why, but he felt the need to protect Liz. Dean began running his fingers through her hair to calm her. He looked down at the girl in his arms and wondered how she could be so brave and so fragile at the same time. He placed a soft kiss on her head when he knew she was no longer awake; then he too succumb to sleep.
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 4 4/27/08 pg 4

Post by kameragrl350 »

Chapter 4

Liz woke up with a yawn the next morning and tried to stretch, but realized that an arm was drabbed over her. Sometime during the night she had rolled over and now she was currently spooning with Dean. Liz looked over at the clock and saw that it was eight in the morning.

She couldn’t remember the last time she woke up this late, usually she was up at the crack of dawn. In fact, Liz couldn’t remember the last time she had slept so peacefully. She glanced back at Dean with a smile and carefully slid out from under his arm. As she quietly walked to the door Dean pulled her pillow into his arms and curled up with it causing Liz to smile once more.

She walked into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. “Looks like I’m making breakfast.” She said to herself, and went about cooking for everyone. By the time the coffee had finished brewing Sam walked in the kitchen. “Coffee?” Liz asked him.

“Yes, please.” Sam answered her as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. “So, how long have you known my dad?”

“Forever.” Liz answered him while filling up his coffee cup and heading back over to the stove.

“He never mentioned you.” Sam told her watching her move about the kitchen effortlessly.

“Yea, well, after what happened to our mom’s, our dad’s figured it would be best to keep you and me apart. They weren’t sure what really happened that night and they didn’t know if us being together would be a very good idea.” She explained never turning around to face him. “I think they were afraid that whatever happened that night might happen again. I didn’t even know about the two of you until about seven years ago.”

“What do you mean what happened to our mom’s?” Sam asked her curiously.

“You and I were born three days apart.” Liz explained to him just as she had done last night with Dean. “And our mother’s died three days apart, both from fires in our nurseries. They weren’t sure who or what caused it, but they figured it would be best to keep you and I separated.” Liz set a plate of pancakes in front of him and moved back over to the stove.

“So, are you one of the physic kids too?” He asked Liz between bites.

“Yea,” she answered, “But since I got shot…Yellow Eyes thinks I’m dead.” Liz paused to take a drink of her coffee. “Plus, I already had abilities, so when I started getting dreams about him I didn’t freak out. It’s kind of weird, but nothing really new has happened to me other than that. I guess the whole being physic thing is also like me being a changed human. I already have the abilities, so when the time came for all of us to get them it didn’t really affect me.”

“What does the demon what with us?” Sam asked looking up at her from his breakfast.

“The answer to that is the more part of last night. I’m gonna wait to answer that question when everyone’s awake. I don’t really want to explain it twice. Sorry.” Liz plated her pancakes just as Jo, Ellen, and Dean came into the kitchen. She sat down next to Sam as the others grabbed their breakfast. “Hey Ellen?” Liz said to the older woman.

“Yea, sweetie.” Ellen answered as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

“Is John awake yet?” Liz asked her without looking up from her breakfast.

“He and Bobby went outside to look at something. They said they would be inside in a minute.” Ellen grabbed a plate and sat down with the others. Almost on cue John and Bobby walked into the kitchen with Ash trailing on their heels. Everyone finished eating breakfast and moseyed into the living room for the rest of last night’s discussion.
“Before you finish telling us everything Liz, I need to tell you something…We found the colt.” John told her as he pulled the gun from its holster and handed it to her. Liz looked over the gun with amazement. She twirled the precious item in her hands and checked the number of bullets.

There were only four bullets left which meant John had already used one. “Did it work?” Liz asked still looking over the gun.

“Yea, I had to use it on a vampire.” John said solemnly.

“Well, at least we know it works.” Liz responded handing him back the gun. She looked down at the floor for a moment before looking back up at him and then over to Sam. “I know what YED wants from us.” She stated.

“How?” Dean asked her.

“The visions.” She paused. “I’ve been getting them more and more frequently. I put the pieces together and I’ve come to the conclusion that he doesn’t need us for an army.”

“I thought that’s what he wanted. Everything I’ve been able to dig up says that’s what he wants.” John told her with irritation in his voice.

“He doesn’t want an army. He wants a leader for his army. He only needs one of us from this generation.” John went to interrupt her again, but she stopped him.

“Just let me finish…From what I can tell he’s making them fight. Kind of like a last man standing sort of deal. He sends a few of us to this town and in the end the last person to survive wins. It’s kind of sick if you ask me.” Liz took a drink of her coffee before continuing.

“He’s been weeding out the weak ones over the years; I think he might actually be the reason I got shot in the first place.” Liz looked down at her cup. “He’s looking for the perfect little soldier to control his army of demons. I’m not sure exactly how…but he’s going to release them from hell.”

“So, us being the way we are…are we evil.” Sam asked.

Liz chuckled a little, looked at him, and said, “Just because someone has power doesn’t make them evil, Sam. The person and their experiences are what make someone good or evil. It’s the reason he’s been try to influence the others all these years.”

“So, you and Sammy aren’t just going to turn evil one day.” Dean asked her.

“Nope, and we totally have John to thank for that.” Liz stopped and smiled up at John. “If he hadn’t searched for the truth we would have been left in the dark all these years. We know the reason things happen and just that knowledge allows us to see the difference between right and wrong, but just in case keep that forty-five handy.” Liz laughed.

“That’s not funny, Liz.” John said with a stern voice.

“Lighten up John, but I mean it.” She gave a serious look. “Just in case...Anyways there’s something else we need to tell you…all of you, Jo.” Liz looked over to the blonde.

“Ok, now mom, don’t freak out.” Jo said looking at her mother.

Liz laughed and said, “You know she always does when you say that.”

“What happened? What’s going on? One of you girls better tell me now.” Ellen stated whipping herself up into a panic.

“Do you remember that car accident that Liz and I were in a couple of years ago?” Jo asked her mother.

“Yes.” Ellen stated in a slow voice.

“Well, it was a little bit worse than what we told you.” Jo paused for a moment. “I kinda…almost…died, but Liz totally saved me, so I’m not…dead. Oh, and I sorta have powers now.” Ellen ran to her daughter and pulled her into a death grip hug. The older woman was crying and whispering into her daughter’s ear. “It’s ok mom. It’s ok…I’m fine…Everything’s ok.” Jo said trying to sooth her mother.

Ellen calmed down and look to Liz, “Thank you.” She said releasing her daughter, but not moving to far away from her.

“Cool,” Ash stated; “Now there’s two of ‘um with the whole alien mojo.” Liz and Jo laughed as the others scowled at him. “What?”

“So…what happens now?” Dean asked his father.

“Now, we go after the son of a bitch.” John answered his son.

“We’re coming with you!” Liz stated grabbing Jo’s hand.
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 5 5/01/08 pg 5

Post by kameragrl350 »

Chapter 5

“I don’t think so!” John yelled.

At the same time Dean hollered, “Like hell you are!”

Liz stared at the both of them for a moment before she too started yelling. “You can’t tell us what to do. Do you really think the two of us are going to stand back and let you do this yourselves? Well, do you?”

Liz looked at them, but continued before they had time to answer her. “He has taken too much from all of us and you can’t stop us from going. We either do this together or Jo and I will find Azazel ourselves!” Liz turned around, stalked down the hall to her room, and slammed the door.

John and Dean were sulking, and no one said anything for a few minutes then Sam broke the silence, “I think they should go with us.” John looked over at his younger son contemplating what he had said, but he didn’t respond.

“No…they could get hurt Sammy.” Dean answered while running a hand through his hair.

Jo let out a long breath and said, “Liz knows that and I know that, but the two of us are sick of sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop. Liz knows more about him then any of you could ever hope to. If you don’t let us go with you then we’ll just go after him ourselves.” Without another word Jo left the living room and followed Liz into their bedroom.

“Look John, I’m not happy about this, but I know the girls. They’re gonna go after him with or without your help. I, however, would prefer them going with you.” Ellen stated before heading back in the kitchen with Ash to clean up after breakfast.

Bobby let out a sigh before stating, “Ellen’s right John.” John tried to say something, but Bobby cut him off. “You know Liz, and Jo is just as stubborn. When they set their minds to something…nothing stops them.” He looked toward the girl’s closed door.

“Bobby,” John said breaking him from his trance. “Ellen said Ash was good with computers, right?”

“Yea, He went to like MIT or someplace.” The other man answered him.

“Dean…Sam go out to my truck and bring in the boxes on the floorboard.” John told his sons. The younger Winchesters headed outside to their dad’s truck as he walked into the kitchen, leaving Bobby alone with his thoughts.
“Uhh! Can you believe him?” Liz said as Jo walked into the room, locked the door, and sat on her bed. “Does he seriously think we’re just going to stand ideally by?” Liz huffed again, then walked over to the closet and started packing a bag.

“Liz, I don’t know what he thinks, but I’m sure he is just being his usual overprotective self.” Jo got up and helped Liz finish packing their clothes before moving onto the weapons.

“Wait, What?” Liz looked at her cousin puzzled.

“John, I’m sure…” Jo stated.

Cutting her off Liz said, “No…Dean! I expected that from John, but not from Dean. John’s a pushover…he’ll let us go.” Liz paused again before sitting on the bed. “Last night…after you and Sam fell asleep…Dean and I talked. I told him about my mom. You would think that he would be all for us going. He knows exactly how I feel about YED, and it’s not like we can’t protect ourselves. I pretty sure I proved that last night.”

“Look, I don’t know why he doesn’t want us to go, but screw him. If the Winchesters don’t want us going with them…then we’ll track Yellow Eyes down ourselves.” Jo said with conviction pulling Liz into a hug.

A loud jiggling of the door handle broke the two apart. “Lizzie…Jo…It’s Bobby. Can you please open the door?” Bobby pleaded from the hallway. Jo got off the bed and unlocked the door before opening it. Bobby stood there for a moment before asking, “Liz, who’s Azazel?”

“How the hell should I know?” The brunette responded with a slight presence of venom still in her voice.

“You said you were going to find Azazel yourself. Who’s Azazel?” Bobby asked again.

A startled look crossed Liz’s face before she stated, “I have no idea.”
When the boys came into the kitchen carrying two large boxes John was sitting at the table talking quietly with Ash. “Is that all of it?” Ash asked motioning to the boxes.

“Yes,” John stated as he got up from the table and began pulling papers from the boxes. “This is everything I have on the demon. How long is it going to take?”

“Let me take a look at what you got and I’ll let you know.” Ash picked up the papers and put them back into the box. “Ellen.”

“You can use Bill’s Office, Ash. It’s the last door on the left.” Ellen pointed down the hall. Ash picked up the boxes and walked towards the office. Liz narrowly missed him as she came barreling down the hall into the kitchen.

“Ellen, call Missouri…Tell her I need to see her. If we leave in twenty minutes, we should hit Lawrence by Friday.” Liz turned around and headed back into her room. Ellen grabbed the phone to make the call, but John and his boys followed Liz.

As the Winchesters enter the bedroom Jo and Bobby were talking quietly. “Look we’ll figure it out Bobby, quit worrying.” Jo told him.

“Quit worrying, how the hell am I supposed to do that…Liz is talking about something that apparently…she doesn’t even know about, and you want me to quit worrying.” Bobby said to the blonde.

“Relax Bobby. We’re going to see Missouri. She’ll figure it out, ok?” Liz said as she tossed the bag of clothes to Jo and picked up the weapons bag.

“Wait,” John said grabbing Liz’s shoulder and stopping her from leaving. “What’s going on?”

“You don’t want us going with you, so it’s not really any of your business, now is it?” Liz responded before shaking his hand off her shoulder and walking out of the room with Jo.

The girls walked down the stairs and exited out the front door of the bar. They started walking over to their truck, but John raced out behind them. “Fine.” He shouted. “Fine…we’ll do this together.”

Jo and Liz smiled at each other before turning around to John. Each girl was thinking the same thing, “That’s getting to be too easy,” as Sam and Dean came walking out after their father.

“Shotgun!” Liz yelled as she raced Jo to Dean’s 1967 Chevy Impala.

“No fare. You always get shotgun.” Jo yelled chasing after Liz.

Sam watched the girls with amusement before realizing what Liz had said, “Hell no.” He shouted causing the girls to stop and turn around. “I have permanent shotgun. You want a ride…you can sit in the back or ride with Dad.”

Liz started laughing, “Ride with John…Yea…I don’t think so.” She smiled to John and said, “Do you really want gum on your seats again?”

“The girls are riding with you.” John told Dean in his stern father voice. “And trust me on this…don’t piss them off.” Then he turned to Liz and said, “Sammy gets shotgun…deal with it.” Liz huffed as Ellen came out and handed John the bags he and the boys had left inside. John threw his bag into the front of his truck and helped a grumbling Dean load the rest of the bags into the trunk of the Impala.

“I called her and told her you guys were on your way.” Ellen told Liz as she pulled the girls into a hug. “Now…remember…watch each other’s six, and don’t get yourselves killed cause I’d have to bring you back just to kill you myself.”

“Got it!” The girls said before getting into the back of Dean’s car.

“Behave!” Ellen yelled to the girls one last time as Dean started the car and followed his father’s truck out of the parking lot. Ellen laughed thinking about Dean and Sam being stuck in a car with the girls for the next two days. “That’s not going to end well.”
A.N. I promise Dean and Liz interaction in the next part. :wink:
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Chpt 6 6/20/08 pg 6

Post by kameragrl350 »

Chapter 6

Two bathroom breaks and one gas stop later the group of hunters were all huddled into a booth at a small diner. The foursome that had ridden in the Impala were all sitting quietly eating their food, ignoring each other, and the eldest of the bunch was watching the four wondering what had happened to bring on their sour moods. “So, is somebody going to tell me what’s going on?” John asked causing the others to look at him with death ray eyes.

Nobody seemed to want to tell him, but then Dean huffed, “She turned the seats pink.” He looked pointedly at Liz.

“Yea well, you were being a radio hog. Jo asked, nicely I might add, if she could listen to something else and you just turned up the music louder.” Liz glared at the blonde man.

“Driver picks the tunes, remember.” Dean spit at her.

“Eight hours of that crap was enough. Even Sam agreed with me, but no everything has to be Deeeaaann’s way.” Joe said drawing out his name.

“It’s not crap.” Liz muttered under her breath.

“That’s not the point.” Jo snapped her head in Liz’s direction. “I just think it would be nice if maybe we listen to something else for awhile, or at least he could turn it down, so I can’t hear it through my headphones.”

“Wait, if you don’t care what is playing, then why did you…turn his seats pink?” John whispered the last part as the waitress walked by.

“Well I’m pretty sure she didn’t want to blow them up, so she asked me too.” Liz answered as she picked at her food.

“Alright, here is what we are going to do. It’s getting late, so we’re going to take shifts driving.” John began. “Sam…you are going to drive my truck and Jo is riding with you. I get the back seat of the Impala and Dean rides shotgun. Liz will drive.” Dean started to interrupt his father, but was cut off. “No buts, we’ll sleep for six and then rotate drivers. We’re driving straight through. I’m not putting up with anymore of this childish shit. And Liz, you will be turning the seats back to black…Liz.” John growled her name.

“Fine.” Liz said. The rest of dinner was finished is silence. When the group was heading outside Dean gave Liz a weird look as she threw a wad of ones onto the table. “I used to waitress.” She shrugged. “I always tip big.” Everyone piled into the vehicles that John had assigned, Liz did as she was told, and they headed back onto the highway.
As Sam followed behind the Impala Jo took over the radio. She turned it to a pop and rock station and leaned back against the seats. “You should get some sleep.” Sam said as he looked over at Jo.

“Yea, you’re probably right. Wake me if we stop?” Jo asked him.

“Sure. Now, get some sleep.” Sam turned the radio down a little bit and turned his eyes back to the road.

Meanwhile in the Impala, Dean turned on the stereo, put in a tape, and the three in the car could be seen bobbing their heads to the beat. John soon laid down in the backseat. After a few minutes, and at the same time, John and Liz said, “Get some sleep Dean.” The older man sat up slightly and grinned at Liz in the rearview mirror before taking off his jacket and using it as a pillow.

Liz turned down the music and looked back over at Dean, “I won’t let anything happen to your baby…I promise, now get some sleep.” Dean glanced over to her one last time before curling up against the door.

Six hours later per John’s instructions Liz followed Sam as he pulled over into a rest stop. She parked the Impala and leaned over the front seat to shake John awake. “What time is it?” John asked.

“A little after two. I’m gonna head to the restroom and get cleaned up.” She opened the car door and proceeded to head towards the small building in front of the parking lot. Jo caught up to her just as she opened the door.

John walked over to his truck and said to his younger son, “Dean’s still sleeping. I’m gonna have Jo ride with me so Liz can get some sleep in the back seat. So, you’ll be driving the Impala. You think you can go another six hours?”

“Yea, whatever.” Sam told his father. “I’ll call if we need to stop and switch.” Sam headed back over to the car; he intercepted the girls as they were coming out of the bathroom and told them of the plan. Less than a minute later they were back on the road, with Dean still passed out in the front seat.
As Dean began to wake up he looked over and noticed that his brother was driving. “How long have I been out?” He asked.

“We stopped a few hours ago.” Sam informed him. “Dad told me to drive so Liz could get some sleep.”

Dean turned his head and looked into the back seat. He stared at the beautiful girl curled up into a ball. Dean turned back around and looked out the passenger window when he heard Sam clear his throat, but he ignored his brother’s attempts to get him to talk.

“Dad‘s not going to like it.” Sam said breaking up the minutes of silence that had befallen in the Impala.

Dean turned to his little brother and said, “What are you mumbling about?”

Sam looked in the rearview mirror to check on the sleeping girl before answering him, “Whatever this thing is that is going on between you and Liz, Dad’s not gonna like it.”

“There is nothing going on.” Dean insisted. “Just drop it Sammy.”

The rest of the trip continued on in a comfortable silence, the majority of words spoken when the group stopped to get something to eat. For the most part John kept the girl separated, knowing from past experiences that they usually caused trouble when they were together, and time hadn’t seemed to change that. It was rather late when they pulled into Lawrence, Kansas and upon Liz’s insistence they rented a hotel room instead of waking Missouri.
When they pulled up to Missouri’s the next morning Liz was hesitant to walk up to the front door. John came up to stand behind her and she said, “This changes everything. You realize that don’t you?”

“Do you want to know the truth? Or, do you want to walk into this blind?” John asked her. Liz turned around, looked John in the eye, and grabbed him into a big hug.

“I just want all of this to be over. I’m sick of looking over my shoulder.” She whispered to him noticing that the others were watching them. She released him, looked him in the eye again, straightened her shirt, and said, “Let’s get this over with.” Liz turned around and headed towards the front door. She made it halfway up the stairs before the front door opened and she was engulfed by Missouri’s arms.

The older woman pulled back and looked at the child in her arms. “I’ve made breakfast, come in and eat. Then I’ll tell you what it is you want to know.” Everyone followed Liz and Missouri into the house.

When Liz entered the kitchen she realized she was more anxious than hungry, but didn’t need to say anything for Missouri to understand. The older woman whispered to John before grabbing Liz’s hand and pulling her out the backdoor and away from the others.

Dean watched as Liz followed Missouri, he walked to the window, and when he pulled back the curtain he saw something unexpected. Missouri turned around and smiled at him. “When has she ever done that,” he murmured to himself. She shooed him away with her hand and he took one last look at Liz’s back before turning to his father. “What the hell was that about?”

“Just sit down and eat Dean.” John told his son as he filled his plate with food. Dean huffed a little, but knowing better than to argue with his father he sat down at the table with the others.
“He’s a little arrogant, but I think you could fix that.” Missouri told her with a smile.

“Huh,” Liz responded with confusion, “What are you talking about?”

“Dean.” She smiled at Liz and gave her an all knowing look. “Don’t even deny it. I know everything, remember.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Liz smiled a sad smile, sat down on the garden bench, and looked back up at Missouri. “If he can’t have me, then he’ll make damn sure no one can.”
A.N. I want to Thank all of you for your support, and thanks for waiting patiently.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated. :D
Amanda
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Chpt 7 6/25/08 pg 7

Post by kameragrl350 »

Chapter 7

“I’m not totally sure what he wants from me,” Liz paused staring into space, “but I get this feeling that he won’t stop until he gets it…I didn’t tell the others, and I’m not planning to either.”

“Child, you can’t keep pretending.” Missouri sat down beside her and sighed. “I can’t tell you what I don’t know. Ever since your accident you’ve been harder to read. You keep yourself so guarded; even I can’t tap into your inner most thoughts.”

“I just need to make sense of it all before I tell the others. I don’t want John to get worried, and I don’t want Dean running off half cocked to do something crazy.” Liz stood up and faced the back of the house. In hopes to change the subject she stated, “I’ve never felt this way before.”

“John’s not going to be happy about it.” Missouri smiled at the younger woman and said, “Did I ever tell you what happened when Dean and Sam came to see me?”

“No.” Liz replied.

“I could tell right away that Dean was just like his father…who in turn, is just like your father.” Missouri smiled at Liz and tucked a loose strand of hair behind the brunette’s ear. “Have you heard the expression we marry our fathers?” Missouri asked. Liz nodded her head as a soft smile began to grace her lips. “A part of me wanted to hate him; I knew you would fall for Dean immediately. He is cocky, self-assured, but charming as well, and I was worried…Because…Well…I didn’t expect for him to get close to anyone let alone fall for you.”

Liz’s forehead scrunched up and she asked, “What do you mean?”

“I read him…when you were standing outside staring at the house.” She paused for a moment. “He is worried about you, child…and it scares him.” Missouri watched the house with an all knowing look. “Dean is afraid to get close to you because he doesn’t want to lose you. He thinks his family is cursed to be alone forever, but your fate isn’t linked to him that way. It’s linked to your own family. You need to make him understand that.”

Liz’s eyes followed Missouri’s gaze and she too watched the others inside eating breakfast is silence. “Missouri,” she said breaking the older woman out of her reverie. Liz took a deep breath; moving their conversation back to the earlier topic, “Who is Azazel? I’ve said his name before, but I don’t remember who he is?”

“You are wise beyond your year’s child.” Missouri cradled Liz’s head between her hands and continued. “He is who you seek, the man that comes to you in your dreams…The man with the yellow eyes.” She looked at Liz perplexed for a moment, “I understand what you mean; I can see it now. Azazel wants you. He was behind your accident, but he does not know how you survived, and that is why he wants you. You’re now more powerful than any of the others. That and that reason alone is why he wants you.”

“Does he really think I can just forget about everything that he has done to me and my family?” Liz growled before turning away from Missouri. “I won’t become like him. I could never kill Sam, and I know that is part of what he wants me to do. But I won’t, they…” Liz turns and points at the house, “They are my family. I will never turn my back on them.”

“I know, child.” Missouri wrapped her arm around the young girl’s shoulders and pulled Liz into a hug. “Let’s get you inside and get you something to eat.” Liz smiled up at her and the two began to walk back towards the house.
Liz sat down at the table, and began eating breakfast as Missouri pulled John into the other room. “She is not a little girl anymore; she hasn’t been for a long time. You can’t protect her from everyone, and there are some people that you don’t need to protect her from.” John started to interrupt her, but Missouri continued, “John Winchester if you keep pushing her she will turn from you. Now, I know you mean well, but you are just going to have to accept that you aren’t always going to be around to protect her.”

John looked over his shoulder into the kitchen. He watched as his children and the children of his dearest friends sat together, laughing, and eating, as if they had done it for years. The group looked almost normal; all except for the guns that could be seen lying on the table next to their plates. He continued to watch and he began to notice some things.

He saw the way that his eldest son seemed to keep a cautious eye out for the others, but also the way he sat a little closer to Liz; seeming to be ready to jump in the second that she might need him.

His gaze traveled to his youngest son, who was watching the other two interact with a curiousness gleaming in his eyes. John began to wonder if Sam could see something that he couldn’t.

Jo laughed rather loudly breaking John’s thoughts and bringing his attention to her. She was so much like her mother, carefree and spirited. Always friendly with others, but always on guard, John suspected she had gotten that from living her life around hunters. She was watching Liz now, and sharing a secret smile with the young brunette.

Liz…she was the daughter he never had. A gift that her father had left for him to protect, what did Missouri mean when she said he wouldn’t and shouldn’t be there to protect her? She is innocent; she needed him to protect her didn’t she.

And then he saw it, he saw what Missouri was talking about. He saw the smile that she gave Dean, which he returned to her. It was the same look Mary had given him, and that he had given to her. He whipped his head back around and glared at the older woman. “He may be my son, but…”

Missouri cut him off again, “Yes, he is your son, and can you honestly tell me you would rather her be with someone else. You know your son, you know everything there is to know about him, and John I am here to tell you that you raised him right. I worry about her too, but I think it is finally time to let her make her own decisions.” John huffed as he sat down on the couch. “He likes her, but he knows how you feel about it. He also has his own reservations about the situation. All I’m telling you is don’t stand in the way. If it happens, it happens, but don’t give them a reason to hate you.”

John let out a small sigh, “How come you’re always right?”

“I’m psychic, remember.” Missouri laughed.
After the girls helped Missouri clean up breakfast the rest of the morning was spent checking the weapons, gathering information from a few of the books Missouri had been saving for John, and all the girls left to run a few errands.

A little before noon, John was outside; having just finished tuning up the vehicles his cell phone began to ring. “Hello.”

“Hello, John.” A feminine voice said.

“Who is this? How did you get this number?” John grumbled into the phone, rapidly getting annoyed with the unfamiliar voice.

“Why John, I thought for sure you would have remembered, after all, those boys of yours weren’t very successful when they tried to kill me. You know when someone jumps out of a window you might want to check to make sure that they’re really dead.”

“Meg.” John gritted into the phone.

“You always were a smart one.” She paused for a moment. “We want the Colt, John.” Her voice purred. “And we’ll do whatever we have to in order to get it.” John could hear the soft click as she hung up the phone. He growled in frustration, chucked the phone that he held in his hand, and almost hit Liz in the head as she got out of Missouri’s car.

“What happened?” Liz yelled as she ran towards the older man brushing off the incident from seconds before.

“Meg.” He was all he stated, as he walked to pick up the phone he had thrown. “Go on in, I’ll be inside in a minute. I need to talk to Missouri.” Liz took one last look at John, who was staring at Missouri, before helping Jo carry in the bags from the car.

“I’m not sure what she meant, John.” She answered his unasked question, “But I do know that whatever it is…can’t be good.”
As John walked into the house he saw his children, official and unofficial, packing up their supplies and weapons. When he entered through the doorway they stopped and looked up at him. “I got a phone call; it was Meg.” The younger boys looked at each other in confusion before John stated, “Looks like we got a demon to hunt.”
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 8 - Pt 1 9/11 pg 8

Post by kameragrl350 »

Chapter 8 – Part 1

They finished packing the rest of the supplies in record time and were getting ready to leave when Liz yelled, “It’s for me.”

“What’s for you?” John yelled as Liz ran to the kitchen; when she reached to pick up the phone it started to ring.

John turned to Jo with a questioning look. “It’s just one of her many quirks.” Jo answered him as Missouri laughed. “Just wait till she starts answering you before you even ask her a question; that can get really annoying.”

“She’s getting stronger.” Missouri stated as she watched the young brunette on the phone. Liz’s face turned white as a sheet as Missouri voiced, “Something’s wrong.” Then she turned to Dean, “And what have I told you about cussing at me.”

“I didn’t…” Dean stuttered, and then he turned back to Liz as she put down the phone.

“That was Ellen…” Liz looked to John, “…Pastor Jim called her a few minutes ago. He told her that Caleb was murdered. When she tried to ask him what happened the line went dead. Ellen said when she called him back a woman answered.” Liz paused, looked down at her hands, and took a deep breath. “Ellen said the woman told her that Pastor Jim was no longer available.” Liz looked back up at John. “She also said ‘…and you’re the last on my list sweetheart. You better hope Johnny boy comes through before I get to you.’”

“Did Ellen say anything else?” John asked her.

“No, we have to go to the Parrish. I need to figure out where she’s headed next. Nobody else is going to die, but her.” Liz told answered him with conviction.

“All right. Let’s move.” John told them as he grabbed the rest of the gear.
A.N. Hey guys, sorry for the wait, R.L. is really kicking my butt right now. I hope to finish up this next part soon. I'm having some trouble with a couple of scenes though, and for all of you waiting patiently I promise there will be more Liz/Dean alone scenes to come. - Amanda -
Last edited by kameragrl350 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jus in Bello
kameragrl350
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Into The Night (XO-SN, UC, Mature) Ch 8 - Pt 2 11/3

Post by kameragrl350 »

Chapter 8 - Part 2

As one the group slowing descended the stairs inside the church rectory. With guns drawn John and Dean took point while Sam brought up the rear. From the look on the girls’ faces you could tell they weren’t too pleased to be sandwiched in the middle.

“Oh for God’s sake, enough of this; move.” Liz huffed as she squeezed past John and Dean. “There’s no one here.” Liz opened the door at the bottom of the stairs and Jo followed her into Pastor Jim’s study.

The walls where bare; only old hooks could be seen. It looked as though someone had cleared away all of Pastor Jim’s weapons. The rest of the room appeared to be ransacked, and just inside the door a faint crimson tint could be seen along the floor. Liz went about the room trying to get impressions off of various objects while Jo and Sam looked around the room for other clues, leaving John and Dean to guard the door.

As Liz grasped the phone handle she was hit with a vision.

*** Meg was leaning over the desk. The phone balanced between her ear and her shoulder as she began to pull papers out of the drawers. Meg quickly rifled through them as she spoke into the phone.

When she hung up Meg began to tear through the rest of the room, huffing when she didn’t find what she was looking for. In anger Meg knocked the contents of the desktop onto the floor and stormed out of the room barely sidestepping the Pastor’s body upon her exit. ***

Liz continued around the room, but she couldn’t catch another glimpse of Meg.

“She was looking for something.” Liz told them. “Meg didn’t find it, and I’m not sure what it was…anything interesting?” She asked Sam and Jo.

“No,” Sam answered, “Just research on the different things Pastor Jim was hunting.”

“Yea, I didn’t find anything out of the ordinary either.” Jo responded.

“We better get out of here then.” John stated. Everyone began to file out of the room and up the stairs, but when Liz pulled the door closed behind her she was hit with a flash.

*** An old truck drove down a long stretch of road. A truck that Liz recognized, but it wasn’t Pastor Jim behind the wheel. It was a blonde woman, and the view from the driver seat didn’t give away much till Liz caught a glimpse of an old highway sign; a highway sign that read “Welcome to South Dakota.” ***

Liz fell to her knees as the impact of the vision hit her. Dean rushed to her side. “What happened?” He asked as he began to look her over for injures.

Liz looked up to Jo, then John and said, “She’s headed to Bobby’s.” Liz paused, took a breath, and replayed the vision in her mind. “John, I don’t think she’s there yet. We have to warn him.”
John pulled his phone out of his pocket and began dialing the long familiar number as he continued his way up the stairs and outside. Much to Liz’s protests Dean helped her back up and they followed the others outside. “Are you sure you’re ok?” Dean asked her when they reached the parking lot.

“I’m fine,” Liz reassured him, grabbing his arm, and pulling him to a halt. “Is this gonna happen every time we get into trouble? As nice as it is to be treated like a girl for once; I can take care of myself Dean.”

“Yea, I know.” Dean ran his fingers through his hair and looked away.

“Hey…Dean…Look at me.” When he did turn back to look at her, she gave him a weak smile and grabbed his hand. “It’s just…when you worry about me…it makes me worry about you, and it’s probably better if you focus on you and I focus on me…that way neither one of us gets ourselves killed.” She tugged on his hand, pulling him closer, and brightened her smile. “So, what do ya say?”

Dean pulled her into a sideways hug and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “Yea, you’re probably right, and I guess you did handle yourself ok with that vampire.”

He gave Liz his trademark smirk, and she punched him in the arm. “Whatever.” Liz said as she pulled away and took off in a run towards the car, with Dean at her heels.
“I got a hold of Bobby. He said he hasn’t seen anyone, but he’ll keep a look out.” John told them when they reached the car. “He needs me to pick something up on the way, but I don’t want to leave him alone for long. Do you think the four of you can behave yourselves long enough to get the job done?”

A round of yea’s and yes sirs, could be heard. “We’ll be fine.” Liz told him. “Just hurry up, ok?”

“I’ll meet you there.” And with that John got into his truck and headed out of the parking lot.

“Sam, why don’t you and Jo sit in the back and try to get some sleep? Liz and I’ll take the first shifts driving.” Dean told his younger brother.

“Yea, whatever,” He answered. Everyone piled into the Impala and they hit the road.

Jus in Bello