When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by Chrisken »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:
tequathisy wrote:It's very weird and I don't think it was ever explained properly. I think they were brother and sister but there was definitely a strange vibe between the pair.
That's what I thought too. I had recently watched the four eps with Laurie Dupree and after I was done I couldn't get a clear picture on what the aunt and uncle's relationship was. Didn't know if I missed it or what. :lol:
I thought that this question was familiar - turns out I asked it myself, back around page 40. We didn't come to any clear answer back then.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

cardinalgirl wrote:But man, I would LOVE to see a fic where Tess was Vilandra.
Well I did stumble across a UC Max/Isabel story once where they explain that they had Tess and Isabel's past lifes mixed up when they were reborn.The Isabel on Earth had actually been Ava on Antar and the Tess on Earth had been the Vilandra on Antar.

They made a statement of that's why Tess was a turncoat to the group because she had already turned on them once back on Antar.It was also a way to get around the whole Max/Isabel brother/sister angle.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Chrisken wrote:
Jezebel Jinx wrote:
tequathisy wrote:It's very weird and I don't think it was ever explained properly. I think they were brother and sister but there was definitely a strange vibe between the pair.
That's what I thought too. I had recently watched the four eps with Laurie Dupree and after I was done I couldn't get a clear picture on what the aunt and uncle's relationship was. Didn't know if I missed it or what. :lol:
I thought that this question was familiar - turns out I asked it myself, back around page 40. We didn't come to any clear answer back then.
Well, they did refer to Charles Dupree as their father, didn't they?

BOBBY: Spooky. I mean, it's just spooky.

MEREDITH: Oh. Typical is more like it. Daddy always did have that wandering eye. Looks like he just wandered off the marital reservation and left us all a little surprise, hmm?

Though one could make the case that it was only Meredith's dad...
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

A different question -- this one for the books rather than the show. I understand that Kyle got powers in the later book series. What powers did he get?
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

If he was Meredith's father, and they're all Duprees, then it would seem likely that they were bro and sis.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

vilandragirl wrote:If he was Meredith's father, and they're all Duprees, then it would seem likely that they were bro and sis.
Good point - but did they ever use the Dupree (Dupris) name for either of them, or was it always just "Uncle Bobby and Aunt Meredith"?
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Chrisken wrote:
vilandragirl wrote:If he was Meredith's father, and they're all Duprees, then it would seem likely that they were bro and sis.
Good point - but did they ever use the Dupree (Dupris) name for either of them, or was it always just "Uncle Bobby and Aunt Meredith"?
Don't remember if they used it in the season but IMDB List them as:
Dennis Christopher ... Bobby Dupree (2 episodes, 2001)
Heidi Swedberg ... Meredith Dupree (2 episodes, 2001)
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

I'm sorry if this question is redundant, but I surfed through over ten pages and didn't find any mention of this, so I'll ask here:

What, if anything, do we know about Kyle's mom/Jim's ex-wife? Do we have a name, the time when she left Jim, any information on whether or not she had any contact with Kyle after that?
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

Her name was Michelle and she left when Kyle was six. And that's all we know about her.
Banner by Evelyn
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

I need some help here, there is a scene that is driving me crazy and I can't remember the epi.
It's closing time and Max comes to the crashdown and he doesn't want to leave, Liz tells him thank you for worrying about her and there is a piece of pie if he wanted it she was going to study for a test.