Polls

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Touch of the Wind
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Polls

Post by Touch of the Wind »

Can someone show me how to make a Poll, its for my Story The Fifth Sister in the crossover section, i hope to have a poll up to help me decide the name of Liz's baby, i want three names to be voted on, Jared, Parker or Hayden. I also want the Poll to run for three months. Please can someone help me!
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Go to the first post of the your thread and click "Edit." At the bottom you will see the poll options. Add your question, then add your options, clicking "Add Option" after each one, and then put in the number of days you want the poll to run. Then click "Submit" and you're done.

Hope that helps!
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Touch of the Wind
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Touch of the Wind »

Thanks you so much!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Polls

Post by April »

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem with the polls, but it's happened to a number of mine.

I'll have one poll going. Say the response options are A, B, and C. I decide to change the poll to ask a different question, and I want the responses to be X, Y, and Z. So I delete A, B, and C from the response options and replace them with X, Y, and Z. When I try to submit the poll, however, the responses that show up are A, B, C, X, Y, and Z. All of them, even though A, B, and C should have been deleted. Has anyone else had this happen, or does anyone know what to do to correct it?

-April

ETA: God, why am I doing, like, algebra-speak here? Ew. :lol:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

April wrote:I don't know if anyone else has had this problem with the polls, but it's happened to a number of mine.

I'll have one poll going. Say the response options are A, B, and C. I decide to change the poll to ask a different question, and I want the responses to be X, Y, and Z. So I delete A, B, and C from the response options and replace them with X, Y, and Z. When I try to submit the poll, however, the responses that show up are A, B, C, X, Y, and Z. All of them, even though A, B, and C should have been deleted. Has anyone else had this happen, or does anyone know what to do to correct it?
-April
hmmm... :shock:
have you tried deleting the poll and starting again each time?
...because you are changing the question and responses. LOL maybe? other than that im not sure. :mrgreen:

pingx
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

April wrote:ETA: God, why am I doing, like, algebra-speak here? Ew. :lol:
PS: are you a mathematician? LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I'm SO not a mathemetician, ping. :lol:

But yeah, I've tried deleting the poll and starting anew each time. I tried running the poll for a set number of days instead of having an unlimited poll, too, and I still encounter the same problem. Every time. I don't know, it's frustrating.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.