What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

I'm sandwiched between Maria and Tess on the way to the club. I'm really not used to be so aggressively pursued. It's making me feel really self-concious, but I have to admit, it's not all bad. Maria and Tess are both so incredibly beautiful. And they seem very nice, too. Unless you count the icy glares they keep throwing at each other. Isabel has been casting her own dark looks over the back of her seat at both of them, while flashing me flirtateous smiles.

That's the bad part. I hate seeing this tension between the three girls. I hate even more the feeling that it's going to be getting a lot worse. Forget what I was thinking earlier, about giving them time. Maybe I should be trying to make up my mind quickly.

The good part, is, well, the way it feels. They're so great, snuggled up next to me. I put my arms out around each of their waists. Yes, this is sooo nice. If I could just forget about those cameras, maybe it would even be fun. And not just the cameras, there's also Isabel, and Liz. No, not Liz. She's out of the picture, I remind myself. I've got enough going on already.

Maria and Tess each have a firm grip on my hand, where I'm holding their hips. Maria starts playing with my fingers while her other arm slides behind my waist. Then Tess puts her head on my shoulder, snuggling close. Maria puts her head on my other shoulder, and her free hand on my knee. Tess ups the ante, by rubbing her hand on my thigh. Maria, nudges Tess's hand out of the way, and puts her other arm across my stomach.

I feel like I'm in the middle of a tactile version of "Deuling Banjos." I'm trying hard to keep track of the conversation going on around me. And trying not to think about where this might be going.

Fortunately, the club isn't too far away. Getting out of the van is a bit difficult, as Maria and Tess refuse to relinquish their grips on me, even for a moment. We walk into the club, together, and I can tell it's going to be an interesting night.
confrontations
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by confrontations »

I love this, too! It's just so twisted!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MICHAEL*

The other three girls in the house have told me to get lost and leave them alone and stuff like that, but no one's told me to try a different approach like Liz just did.

"Liz, I appreciate the advice, and all," I tell her, "but, you see, I'm Michael Guerin, and I'm . . . I'm the master. What can I say?"

She shrugs and half-way smiles. "You know, that may be true, but the girls in this house, like I said, seem like they're going for Max because . . ."

"You're not going for Max, are you now, Liz?" I ask her, slipping my arm around her shoulders. She squirms uncomfortably, but doesn't pull away from me. She may just be trying to me nice and let me keep my arm there, but I have the feeling that she's secretly liking it. Who wouldn't like to have me touching them?

"Maybe," I suggest, "You might just be going for me . . ."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

hehehe, Michael's such an arrogant loser! Oh, but I'd still take him. I'm gonna PM you with an idea about Lilly, k, bre?

PS-Writing a Michael part where he's trying to get Liz to be into him was very hard for me, just so you know. I'm kinda like the anti-polarists, so . . . lol
Sweet and spicy . . . I'll have to keep that in mind . . .

Banner made by qt4167013
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

“Aha!” I tell him, turning to face him, walking backwards, and effectively getting out of his half-hearted embrace. I don’t know why it was uncomfortable, but it just didn’t feel right. “See! You don’t know when to stop. You saw that I didn’t make a move to get out of that, but you decided to take it as invitation to make another lewd comment. What you should have done, if you didn’t want to burn all bridges of communication, was to simply continue to walk down to the club, engaging in regular conversation.”

“So what was that? A lesson?”

“If that is what you think you needed, yes. It was a lesson in more desirable etiquette.”

I turn back around to see where I am going and stand next to Michael again as we continue to walk, but kept my distance. I look at Max, Isabel, Maria, and Tess and decide to add the reason why I am not competing with the girls.

After a few moments of silence, in which I am not sure of what he was thinking, but I decided to break it so I could enlighten him on my reasons to not compete with the rest of the girls. “And maybe why I am not gushing over Max is because I don’t want to compete with the other three for a mere handful of seconds of his time,” I say quietly. The club is finally in view, along with the energy of all the people we are nearing.

“Come on you two!” Tess shouts back to the two of us. “You do want to get in tonight!”

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~ End Liz’s Part ~*~*~*~*~*~</center>
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

that is the top part.. where you can go and sit and watch people dance...

the bottom part looks something like this.. just think lights and dance floors lol and less people then this lol

lemme know what ya think!!

i am gonna wait to do a Lilly or Maria or Kyle part haha cuz i will do em soon
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

Guys I am really hopin that the guys have a good reaction to Lilly...

~*~*~Lilly~*~*~

I hug myself tighter as I walk the familiar street to the club... this outfit really does nothing for warmth... I can't believe I agreed to go out tonight.. I don't even feel pretty.. i know i must look ok since about 10 guys heads have turned my way as i walk... but still.. i could have looked better

I roll my eyes at a couple of grungy looking guys.. please like they have a chance.. maybe after a bath and a change of clothes? and they'll need to invest in a comb.. maybe a shaver too.. ok cross that off by the looks of it they'd never stand a chance with me. i'm too hot for them even if they did clean up nicely.

Shaking my hips a little more I continue on my way not bothering to look at anymore gawking freaks. I don't have time for this i'm posed to meet up with meh girl Maria.. a there will be a line a long one at that.. not that i'm worried... i can get in without waiting in line... joe would never leave me out in the cold...

I'm almost there when I see Maria's hair... woah she looks nice tonight... has she been doing something different with her hair? thats non sense it was just last night that i had last seen her... but still she looks different.. and whos the hottie she's hanging on the arm of? it seems she got a lil bit of competition.. i dont know why Maria's bothering i can see that blond chick is all over him..

I can tell Maria hasn't noticed me so i toss my hair over my shoulder and walk more confidently over...

I watch as Maria's head snaps up and she grins "LILLY!!!" She practically shouts as she lets go of the hotties arm and walks over to me.

"Ria." I say as we quickly hug.

"You look great!" She squeals and i raise an eyebrow.. is that something new?

"You don't look bad yourself." I tell her "Who's the hottie?"

"Oh... that's max." She tells me and i eye him up and down.

"He ain't worth it." I finally size him up.

"What?" She asks and i can tell i caught her off guard.

"Ria ... look at those chicks they're practically two steps away from fighting over him. he ain't worth you're time."

She gives me a weird look "I know I know..."

"Well then... where's the rest of the roomies?"

She grabs a hold of my arm and drags me over.

"Guys this is Lilly."

I feel their eyes on me "That's Max." She says even though i'd already known that.. he's pretty cute up close as well.

"That's Tess." Maria says glaring and I almost laugh... the girl pretty i guess... i mean i'm not really into looking over girls but if i had to rate her on competition.. i'd give her a pretty decent score

"That's Kyle." She says and I notice him... he's kind of off to the side looking uncomfortable... i flash him a smile... he's definetely cute.

"She's Isabel." Maria says and I can feel Maria's tension... I look at Isabel... woah... she's looking a little over confident. but she'd be definate competition.. not that i'd be scared... cause she ain't got nothing on me.

"That's Alex." She says.. hm he's pretty good looking if only he'd stop staring at that girl Isabel long enough to wipe off the drool.

"Hey." they all say... is that all?? i thought there'd be two more?

"It's nice to meet you." Max says shaking my hands.

"Come on you two." I hear that Tess girl shout. "You do want to get in tonight!"

I watch as two people get out of the van... the girl looks a little shy.... and the guy... arogant .. that's what comes to mind.

"This is Lilly." Maria beams when they come over...

"That's Michael and Liz." She says and I smile at them... i might as well be poliete.

"So let's go in?" Alex says grinning.

"Follow me." I say walking past the line of people waiting. They all glare at us and i smirk.

"Joe... " I say smiling at my favorite bouncer.

"LILLY!" He says grabbing me and hugging me.

I kiss his cheek "Watch the hair doll."

"Ooh sorry."

"It's alright." I say.

"Go on in!" He says smiling and I pat him on the back on my way in.

The place isn't that crowed but it's certainly not lonely in here.

"Let's go up there." I say pointing to the second level. I walk on not really caring if they follow me or not
~*~*~*~

that sucked but i tried :)
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Lilly says Max isn't worth Maria's time? And Maria agrees???? I'm insulted! :silly:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MAX*

Maria suddenly lets go of me and runs off to meet the friend she'd told us about while we were in the van. Maria new friend is pretty hot, although I find myself wondering how she'd look with darker hair...

We slide right into the club without waiting on line. Don't know if it's Lilly's friendship with the bouncer, or more likely, the camera crew with us. Probably they were warned that we were on our way. Lilly leads us to the second floor where there's a bar, and a number of tables overlooking the dance floor. This place definately has promise.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Well, you have to take it into account that Lilly doesn’t know the amazing personality that Max has, and Maria agreeing might just be that she has been fighting for his affection all day and hasn’t gotten very far . . . Maybe she is just tired. Don’t be insulted. LOL! I have to deal with a possible polar relationship (no offense). And I am not a very polar gal!

I don’t think I have met Lilly long enough to form an actual opinion about her. She seems nice enough though. And she did allow us to get into the club without much of a wait. And I do have to thank her for leading us all up to the second level. It is slightly less crowded than the main floor. There are small tables nearer to the balcony that over looks the main floor. This looks like a nice place. I really don’t know how much fun I will have here. It is not that it does not look like fun. I am just not normally inclined to go to a club for fun.

I walk over to her and extend my hand in greeting. “Hi! We didn’t get the regular formal introduction. I’m Liz, and it is a pleasure to meet you.”

She smiles, but I can’t tell if it is genuine or practiced, I am hoping for the former opposed to the latter.

“Lilly,” she said simply, before turning her attention to the others. “Who wants a drink?”

I couldn’t really hear what they all said since they were speaking directly to Lilly who was now standing right beside Maria.

“Liz, did you want a drink?” Lilly asks me.

“Oh, no.” I tell her, shaking my head for emphasis. I didn’t find the need to tell her that I was not yet twenty-one. And I was sure that if she wondered about it she could go to Maria, who would tell her.

Heading over to one of the nearby tables, I decide to sit at one of them, a smaller table meant to seat two instead of four. I sat at the barstool and took in the true, amazing qualities the room. The few columns used in the interior design seemed to be influenced by Roman columns. The capitals were quite ornate, and great detail went into crafting them, leading one to believe they were meant to resemble Corinthian columns.

“Let’s go dancing!” Someone exclaimed from behind me, tearing me out of my thoughts. I couldn’t tell who it was over the conversations around, but the voice was most definitely feminine. I am guessing that they all went down to the floor to dance. I did not bother to look. I don’t know if they managed to pull the guys with them, but I was more than content to simply stay up here. It was not as crowded and the loud music of the dance floor was dampened and covered by the music of the bar area. The sound of multiple conversations was as loud as it would be in a crowded restaurant.

“Hey, gorgeous,” a masculine voice said to my left. I completely expected to turn to see Michael sitting in the stool, trying once again to prove his point.

Complete shock must have been evident on my face when I turned to see a complete stranger sitting there. He didn’t look the least bit threatening. Quite the contrary actually. His eyes were a soft shade of blue, and small wisps of his blonde hair fell into his eyes. He looked to be the epitome of innocence, with his soothing features.

“Are you talking to me?” I ask him. He couldn’t have been talking to me. This almost double for Matt Damon could not have just addressed me as “gorgeous,” could he?

“Your impression of Robert De Niro could use some work, but yes, I was talking to you.”

The small, lazy smile on his face was enough to get me to look back down at my hands in an effort to hide the blush I could feel on my face.

“Hey, Liz? Were you going to join us?”

My attention jerked over to who called me. In that brief second between responding and discovering who called, my eyes locked with the one most powerful gaze I have ever encountered. I was trapped once again in that deep, penetrating gaze of Max’s. My breath caught in my throat. Another blush claimed my face, and I felt like I was attacked by vertigo. My heart raced, and the simple act of breathing took more effort than I would have liked.

With the last amount of strength I possessed I tore my eyes away from his and looked somewhere--anywhere--else in the room I could. Forming simple words was difficult, forming logical, coherent sentences was a struggle, but nonetheless words tumbled out of my mouth.

“Huh? Oh! Yeah. I was just on my way over.” I jumped out of the stool and turned back to the beautiful man sitting in the stool beside me. “It was nice talking to you.”

I walked over to Max who was waiting no more than a few steps away, but did not chance another look into his eyes. That last one stole more than just my breath away. Experiencing that again is not on my list of desirable things to endure. Isn’t it? If it was, then why am I fighting the urge to look into his eyes again?

I hope that this is okay enough. Isabelle, let me know if you don't want Max to be the one to go and get Liz. I just thought that he would volunteer this time and actually be able to get away from the girls this once, using the lure of dancing to his advantage. heehee! I also didn't know what Max's reaction would be to the guy so I didn't even touch that. Lol!
Last edited by Sugarplum7 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OKAY! We got a plan! :multi: :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*MAX*

The first thing I notice about the upstairs area is that the chairs have solid sides and backs. I sit down gratefully, happy to have that much personal space back. It’s not that I don’t like what’s happening exactly. If I was getting it from one special girl, I’d be thrilled. But when it’s two or three, it’s a bit much.

Lilly takes our drink orders and I notice that Liz abstains. I don’t know why she didn’t get a soda, or something. Maybe next round, I’ll switch to something non-alcoholic, too.

“Hey, Let’s go dancing!” Tess yells. She takes my hand and urges me out of my seat. She doesn’t have to work too hard. I love dancing, and I think it might be very useful tonight. Maybe I can talk to each of these girls one at a time and get to know them a little bit. The others are getting up and following us down to the floor. We get about halfway down, and I notice that Liz, Maria and Lilly haven’t joined us.

“Wait a minute,” I say, stopping in my tracks. “I’m going to go get Liz and Maria.” Isabel and Tess exchange glances, which I ignore. “I don’t want them to be left out,” I say, turning back before they can stop me.

I find the girls right where we left them. Maria is chatting with Lilly and only glances at me as I come in. Liz is with some guy, and I wonder if he’s trying to pick her up. Briefly, I think that Alex won’t be happy about that, and then I wonder why he hadn’t made sure she’d come down with us in the first place.

“Are you two joining us?” I ask. Maria says no, shaking her head, as if she hadn’t been draped all over me on the way to the club. Liz, however, gets up to come with me. Good. Maybe that guy wasn’t hitting on her. Or maybe she wasn’t liking it. He better not have been bothering her! Either way, it’s good to have her back with the group. I tell Maria, “See you soon.”

“Have fun.” She says, and turns away.

I turn and head down the stairs with Liz. “Sorry to have abandoned you two like that,” I tell her.

“Oh, it’s okay.” She says.

“I guess you haven’t been to too many clubs, have you?” Boy that sounded stupid! She’s underage, of course she hasn’t!

“No, not really. But this place seems nice.”

“Yeah. I like the balcony over the dance floor. It’s a little less crowded that way. Makes it a nice place to share some conversation.”

"Yes. I was admiring the columns, earlier."

Walking down the stairs with her feels so right, comfortable and normal. Maybe it’s because she’s not hanging all over me. And when she talks, I don’t feel like she’s trying to impress me. I start to relax a little, and smile to myself. Maybe she can be a friend. Except that if it’s a budding friendship that I’m feeling, why do I want to reach over and hold her hand?

As we get to the bottom of the stair, I see Isabel, Tess and the others off to the right. I pretend I don’t, steering Liz to the left through the small crowd. “Would you like to share a dance with me?" I see her hesitate, so I quickly add, "As a friend?"
Last edited by isabelle on Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Don’t worry Isabelle! I think I can fix it all in this part! Heehee!

“Would you like to share a dance with me?... As a friend?” His words cause my head to spin. Dance? I don’t think I could do that with him. And especially not with my previous position to abstain from any one on one contact with Max while three suitoresses vie for his affection.

“I would like that, but I am not in a very dancing type of mood. I am kinda on the more tired side, but I think it would prove to be a wiser decision to ask Maria, Isabel, or Tess that question, but leave out that last “as a friend” part. I am sure they would appreciate it, and would be more than happy to oblige.” I smile up at him before I continue. “Come on,” I say gesturing over to where they were located. “They are probably wondering where we are.

“Okay,” he says simply. We weave our way through the crowd, navigating the path through the meandering people headed to the dance floor. A stream of individuals practically jumps in front of me and I halt to a abrupt stop. While I wait for them to pass, I feel Max’s hand rest on my back.

I know it was wrong, but I felt a sort of comfort in it. I know it was nothing more than a friendly gesture. Jake would often do the same gesture to Lena, Kels, and myself when we would be exiting a crowded place. I know that it was nothing more than that, and I know that I told myself that I would stay away from Max. But if that is what I want, then why do I wish that it was more.

“Hi everyone! Sorry I kinda strayed from the rest of you. Someone said something about dancing right?”

“Yeah!” Tess says energetically.

“Well, I have it on good authority that this man over here would very much like to go dancing,” I tell them all and scoot closer to where Kyle was standing, taking more comfort in his presence. His presence does not cause conflicting thoughts and emotions to fill my mind.

At my movement over to stand next to him, Kyle gave me a look that seemed to ask what was wrong. In response I lightly rolled my eyes and shrugged. Hopefully he would take and want to talk it over later on.

Last edited by Sugarplum7 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Okay, Lilly and Maria are upstairs. Liz is with Kyle, at the side of the dance-floor, not dancing. Max is with Isabel, Tess, Alex and Michael, all on the dance floor. Got it. :multi:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*MAX*

After refusing to dance with me, Liz pretty much dumps me with Isabel and Tess. There goes my plan to dance with each of them, and get to know them a little. Although, now that I'm down here, and the music is blasting in my ears, I'm not so sure that was a great plan afterall. There won't be much private conversation in this din.

Tess pushes forward, grabs my hand and immediately starts dancing. My disappointment over Liz fades quickly as I realize that Tess is an amazing dancer. She shows a lot energy and casual disregard for convention in her dancing. I'm having a lot of fun with her.

"You're a great dancer!" I tell her, shouting over the music.

"Thank you! You're not so bad yourself," she says, beaming at me.

Suddenly, halfway through the song, Isabel cuts in, Tess steps back with a glare, and I'm with Isabel. Izzy uses her long legs to advantage in our dance. She's smooth and graceful and seems to know exactly what she's doing. I'm guessing she's had a lot of expensive dance lessons. I sure haven't. Beside her, I start to feel a little bit clumsy, but push the feeling aside, and am having a great time with her, when the song ends.

"Wow," I say. "You really move well."

"You ain't seen nothing, yet, sweetie," she says.

She stays close, still dancing until the next song starts. And, true to her word, her dancing seems even more impressive. A few moments later, Tess is cutting back, and I'm with her. I wonder how long this is going to keep up.

I glance around the floor for Alex and Michael, wondering if one of them will help occupy one of the girls for at least the duration of a entire song. But both of my housemates have found other dance partners from among those already on the floor.

I guess it's up to me, then. I take a deep breath, and throw myself into the task at hand. Dancing with two beautiful and talented girls! It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!