Unbreakable - A Beautiful Lie (AU M/L ADULT) COMPLETE 5/5/17 + A/N 5/5/19

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) Ch 27, 8/10/15, p. 23

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next. So Max got to Liz understand. And Liz came to realize that Sean's father raped her mom. That must have been how Nancy broke the bond between them. Wow that was cool how Max sent Mr. Parker away. I'm glad that Max and Liz have a bond. I'm also glad Max explained everything to Liz. Poor Liz that was a lot to take in. Hopefully Max will be there for Liz when she needs and in danger. Please please please please don't let Max break the bond between Max and Liz? Liz is going to need him.

L-J-L 76
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Was busy with work! Two parts to read so FB later on! Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! The story about her mother was a awful chock for Liz and she should not have discussed about all she learned in such state of mind!

It is not enough, for her to learn about the reason why Sean tried to seduce her but also all she learned from Max, about the reason why her mother died and the risiko for her to get raped by Sean.

The best for her was to leave the city without telling anyone, to avoid finishing like a raped girl, used by power-hyngry aliens who want only one thing for her, her genes! :twisted:

Waiting for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I love that we are beginning to get some answers......
the truth about Liz's mom and we know her dad is human.
The rare gene Gaca.......
Max completely erased Mr. Parker's memories of that night.....
Now Max, please don't try to bread the bond!
Thanks,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So sorry for bothering you will you please come back and post more really soon? I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. I hope Max and Liz will talk more and I can't wait to find out what will happen at school. So please come back and post more really soon?

L-J-L 76
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Well... That could have ended a little better. It could have ended much worse too I suppose. :wink:

It's interesting about the gene. So if an alien bonds with someone carrying that gene and if the gene is activated then they form a really strong bond. If the gene isn't activated I wonder how strong the bond is and how easily it can be broken. If Nancy's gene wasn't activated it would make sense that she could fight them off easier (being that the bond wasn't as strong) even if she wasn't able to fully break the bond herself. Liz's doesn't seem to be activated yet and she's getting better at fighting them off but does that hold true once it activates? I imagine that she'll be able to better fight off anyone she's not bonded to at the very least.

You can see why Max was physically distancing himself from her and his father during the confrontation in his study (and why he quickly stated they hadn't had intercourse). To do otherwise would have set him up for all kinds of punishment as no one is supposed to touch her yet. I'm curious as to what happens in the alien community now that she's bonded to Max to such a degree. Others who wanted her aren't going to be happy about the development; having her dead wouldn't have made anyone happy either. The Sgt is bound to find out. I imagine he wanted Liz for either himself or (more likely) his own son. Having Max being bonded to her won't exactly put him in a good mood.

I wonder what it was about her confession that caused him pain? If anger is a second-hand emotion of pain (which it usually is) them her confession caused him great duress. I suspect (and I could be completely off base here) that it's two-fold.

First she accused him of running hot and cold on her and in his mind he's been doing nothing of the sort. Everything he's done has been for her and because of her. The beatings, going in after her into the fire, healing her - he's put her welfare above his own every time. He's even risking it all by showing up at her home and answering all of her questions. So for her to claim he's running hot and cold on her has to hurt.

Secondly the majority of the time before the bond she made it clear that she didn't want anything to do with him. Yes, she was attracted to him (and in denial about the level of her actually liking him), but as far as he was aware she couldn't stand to be around - and was terrified of - him. So for her to say she loves him now is probably (in his mind) just the bond confusing her (as he stated) and reflecting what he feels for her. To have someone tell you something like that when you honestly believe it's something that can be taken away (if the bond were to ever be broken) must hurt like heck. He's been led to believe one thing for so long, is now being told something else and honestly can't believe it because he doesn't think it's really her and that she could actually ever like him. Therefore it's like rubbing salt on an open wound.

Then there's the fear he showed (along with the desperation). I imagine that part of that is the fear of bringing her further in to his society. He's tried to protect her from it for so long that for her to love him means he'd be the one bringing her deeper into it. Not exactly on his agenda.

I suspect that him telling her that he's a monster is the only thing he could think of to try and push her away. (And how he must feel after being part of the "check-ups" for the woman he loves.) Part of him has to fear for her safety if she were to be with him. His powers are that of a healer, not necessarily a fighter (that we know of so far). So what if he can't protect her? Also, if he were to bond with her "in the usual way" the fear of giving in to the alien side afterwards and using her as the Sgt used her mother must be crippling.

On the other side, Liz has tried to get close to him multiple times since the Halloween party. Not only did she try and comfort his sister directly after the incident there, but she took him into her car after his first beating, listened when he requested to be taken to his house instead of a hospital, trusted him when they were outside the freaky alien party and still went to see him even after figuring out he was an alien. So in her mind she's given him a ton of signals that she's interested in (and falling for) him.

Also, I love how Liz can read him so clearly. His moods fascinate her and I can see her registering each one and appreciating every complex side of his. Every time she just seems to fall in love with him more (or realizes a little more just how deeply she's fallen) and she's getting better at reading him. He can't hide from her and her ability to understand him is going to help them grow closer together.

They're both just too stubborn to realize that they were both wrong (and both right) on multiple occasions.

Max has to realize though that he can't break the bond with Liz. To do so is basically putting Bambi in an open field surrounded by hunters. :?

Please tell me that Liz slaps some sense into him or something in the next chapter. I vote we lock them in the eraser room together until he gets his head out of his butt (and she does the same) and they just kiss each other silly.

You're not really gonna make us wait forever to have them sneaking around to see each other, are you Jo? And not sneaking around to fight either... :wink:

Looking forward to the next one. I'll get super glue ready for that eraser room door...

EDIT TO ADD: I kept mulling over the "in war" phrase you wrote. Just how often do "wars" break out amongst the alien society? They seem almost medieval if the physically/mentally strongest is the one who leads. And they all seem to want more power, etc. Though that's pretty much true in today's day and age as well. :roll:
Last edited by Morning Dreamgirl on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

After I had a terrible day. An update was a great way for me to release all the craziness and just relax. Thank you. I also think Max is being a big brat. He needs a ass kicking. Like must be hard as an alien testing and using humans to gain power... Psh. He obviously feels wrong about it but has no problem as long as it works to his advantage. Using his bong by using Liz and then using it on Jeff. ::face slap:: how dare he. Man up Max, you can't run forever.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So sorry for bothering you will you please come back and post more really soon? I can't wait to find out if Max will keep the bond with Liz. And if Max will be there for Liz when she is either hurt or bruised. So please come back and post more really soon?

L-J-L 76
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

A/N

Post by max and liz believer »

Whoa.. Okay, time is running away from me. I was intending to update yesterday, but after working non-stop for 10 hours without any break to eat (this after having woken up at 3.50 a.m. to do yoga) and finishing the day off with a dance session, I was a bit dizzy and really tired so an update didn't happen. Bed did.

But I'm hoping otherwise tonight (which is about 14 hours from the time of this post). If not, there'll be an update tomorrow morning.

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unbreakable (AU M/L ADULT) A/N, 8/14/15, p. 24

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Jo
so sorry to hear you have been up since 3am and you been working for 14 hours. I hope you have a chance to rest, relax and get some 8 or 9 hours sleep really soon. Thank you for letting us know when you will be posting more chapters to Unbreakable and Lethal Whispers either today or tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for the chapters. Again I hope you get some sleep really soon.

L-J-L 76