The Walking Dead

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Saw this today over at EW.com, and here's the link> http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/15/walki ... -2-finale/

'Walking Dead' showrunner talks finale, controversies: 'There's more bloodshed coming'

by James Hibberd

In a conference call with reporters, The Walking Dead showrunner Glen Mazzara took questions about Sunday’s second-season finale, recent character deaths, the show’s pacing, and what to expect for season 3:

View the rest at the above link :twisted:
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well the one thing I LOVED about the comic was the fact NO one was safe in it.Anyone could die at anytime!

Now will the show do that? I don't know? I mean the show's break out character is Darryl so would they kill him off and suffer the backlash? Who knows? :lol:
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

:shock: wow, my heart is in my throat and its only the first scene, this show is so damn depressing! Why can't I stop watching it! :cry: :cry: :cry:

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

:shock: OMG this season finale was crazy tense! I feared Andrea was a goner many times but she proved me wrong! Andrea is badass! 8) Rick is coming into his own as the leader. He had to kill his best friend or be killed by him & people are giving him grief. I don't think he realized the CDC guy told him the truth about everyone being infected until he saw Shane reanimate with his own eyes. Lori has the nerve to Be upset with Rick when she manipulated him a few episodes ago to get rid of Shane. Oh man I watched 'Talking Dead' right after the episode & executive producer Robert Kurkman confirmed Season 3 will be set in that prison we saw at the end & as well as badass Michonne making her appearance! It's going to be a long wait for Season 3!! :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

This was posted over at EW.com:

'The Walking Dead' Casts Sword-Wielding Heroine Michonne (SPOILERS)
by Christian Blauvelt

Tags: AMC, Casting, Sci-Fi, Scoop, Television, The Walking Dead, Things That Are Awesome, News

On AMC’s post-Walking Dead talk show, Talking Dead, executive producer Robert Kirkman broke the casting news fans of the comics have long been waiting for: Michonne, the fan-favorite, sword-swinging badass, will be played by Treme‘s Danai Gurira.

The hit show included many surprises in its action packed second season finale: Rick’s revelation to the survivors that they’re all infected with the zombie plague; the ominous sight of the prison where some of the most pivotal action in Kirkman’s Walking Dead comics take place; the expulsion from the farm; Hershel’s transformation from misguided softie to gunslinging badass; the fact that T-Dog had a line. But one twist stood out above all the rest. Laurie Holden’s Andrea getting saved from a pack of zombies by a hooded warrior wielding a sword and leading a chain of leashed walkers. That’s right, Michonne made her jump from the page to the screen at last.

Michonne’s backstory in the comics is somewhat similar to Andrea’s. They were both attorneys who’ve found ways to adapt to post-apocalyptic life. “These characters have struggled so hard to find a life worth living in this new world,” Kirkman said on Talking Dead. “Michonne has found that new life.” This announcement also comes on the heels of news that her full history will be revealed in a new Walking Dead comic to run in Playboy.

Considering that Michonne is one of the most popular characters from the comics, it makes sense that Kirkman wouldn’t bring in a “name” actress weighed down by celebrity baggage. Gurira, a graduate of NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, is still a relative newcomer. Her most significant role to date is as the Village Voice reporter Jill on Treme, though she has also guested Lie to Me, Law & Order, and Life on Mars and had a small part in 2008′s The Visitor.

Did you just get more excited for season three or what?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/18/the-w ... e-spoiler/
Here's the link>
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Okay so the helocopter from season one WAS real! I'm guessing it came from the Governer's camp.

I damn near JUMPED off my sofa when I saw Michonne!!!! I did scream "HOLY SHIT IT'S MICHONNE!!!"

Okay she is waaaaaaaaay more than badass......she keeps two zombies on chains with her at almost all times....as pets and some what defense against zombies.....what till you see who the two zombies WERE! :shock:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Two things that PISSED me off this ep......Lori(as normal) and Carol!

First Lori...uhhh she's spent like the last three ep's bad mouthing Shane to Rick.Telling him how dangerous he is and stalkerish.Now when Shane goes nuts and Rick has to take care of him she acts all upset and blames him? Uhhhh wth? :roll: More reason for me not to like her.

Now onto Carol.....what the hell was HER problem?! Trying to get Darryl to go against Rick like that?! Talking about how he deserves better than that(or something like that)?! Uhhh it's the freaking end of the world! It's not like he can clean up his act,put on a suit and become a CEO of some company!! :roll:

Maybe Rick should have told them about them all being infected already?...I don't know but I sure the hell wouldn't split off from the group because of it.I'm a FIRM believer in safety in numbers.Off on their own one or two will only get them killed.A group can watch each other's back and take up the slack here and there when others are tired or sick/hurt.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

killjoy wrote:Two things that PISSED me off this ep......Lori(as normal) and Carol!

First Lori...uhhh she's spent like the last three ep's bad mouthing Shane to Rick.Telling him how dangerous he is and stalkerish.Now when Shane goes nuts and Rick has to take care of him she acts all upset and blames him? Uhhhh wth? :roll: More reason for me not to like her.

Now onto Carol.....what the hell was HER problem?! Trying to get Darryl to go against Rick like that?! Talking about how he deserves better than that(or something like that)?! Uhhh it's the freaking end of the world! It's not like he can clean up his act,put on a suit and become a CEO of some company!! :roll:

Maybe Rick should have told them about them all being infected already?...I don't know but I sure the hell wouldn't split off from the group because of it.I'm a FIRM believer in safety in numbers.Off on their own one or two will only get them killed.A group can watch each other's back and take up the slack here and there when others are tired or sick/hurt.
A lot of folks commented about the Lori about face at EW.com, and on 'Talking Dead' it was addressed briefly by Robert Kirkman. He basically said Lori is dealing with conflicting emotions and and her guilt/anger is actually misplaced. She is truly angry about her own behavior but taking it out in Rick. Also, he reminded the audience that Shane was a close family friend, a man who spent many weekends hanging out with them watching football with Rick and such, so the loss was felt like a major punch to the gut because he was family to them too.

at EW.com site, during the episode recap, the writer also mentioned the weird vibes that fluctuates between flirting and maternal between Carol and Daryl. I guess she is planting the seed in his head for more drama next season!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I got this very bad feeling that Carol is about to try and start some drama and split the nice thing Rick and Darryl have going in leading the group.

For some reason she seems to not like the fact that Darryl has started being Rick's second in command.....why I have no freaking idea!

I'm also thinking when Andrea finds the group again she's NOT going to be in a good mood over getting left behind by them....even if it was a freaking run for your life all man/womon for themselfs moment! Plus they thought she was dead when the zombie she shot fell on her.THey thought it was eating her....but she's not going to see it that way and she's going to be PISSED!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm just going to go ahead and say this....if the show stays even close to the comic(which it has)....than you haven't seen NOTHING when it comes to being crazy,bloody,violent,insane and totally F*&$ed up yet! When the prison and the Governer came in it made everything else before it look like a nice walk in the park on Sunday!! :shock: