When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

This is probably off, but here goes:

The canon never really defines what race the shapeshifters and the Skins are. However, it would seem likely that the shapeshifters, being the assigned protectors of the Royal Four, would be Antarian. This is merely speculation.

Since the Skins are mostly against the Royal Four, I'm assuming that they were from an enemy planet. Again, specualtion.

It is almost definite that the protectors and Skins are two different races, though. Since the Royal Four are half-alien, half-human, it makes sense that their original forms are humanoid, possibly almost indistinguishable from humans.

Mind-controlled humans in the series. From ALrek's statements, I'm inferring that he simply uses his psychcic powers to do this. While being mind controlled, the human mind is submerged beneath the controller's consciousness.

Just my two cents' worth, so i hope that helped. This is why it would be nice to see the series finished at a decent point, instead of the producers leaving so many loose ends.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence
Caelan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Caelan »

Could someone tell me what the inscription of the knife Max gives back to Liz was in Meet the Dupes?

Thanks,
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Caelan wrote:Could someone tell me what the inscription of the knife Max gives back to Liz was in Meet the Dupes?

Thanks,
Max & Liz 4ever

Barf, might I add. lol
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

mmm could someone tell me the make of the car Max had in season three please? I've been searching for the last hour and I'm now giving up so if anyone knows it would be of great help
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

~Ruby~ wrote:mmm could someone tell me the make of the car Max had in season three please? I've been searching for the last hour and I'm now giving up so if anyone knows it would be of great help
Do you mean the brand name of the car? If so, it's a Chevelle.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Hey guys! Very interesting stuff you've got going in here!

I just wanted to clarify something, and since this is the only thread I've read, I don't know if you guys have discussed it before.

I don't know why it is assumed that Antar is in another galaxy. Or was the symbol in the pendant ever called the "whirlwind galaxy"? Assuming Tess is telling Max the truth in It's too late and it's too bad, if a star can both be seen from here and from Antar, then our Sun, their sun and that star are on the Milky Way.

Of course, the fact that Max thought for a second that it was actually their planet almost made me want to slap him... Normal telescopes can not see planets outside our own solar system (and even the most sophisticated telescopes can only get a blur of other planets outside of the Solar System). But then again, Tess could just be playing around with Max...

About the Giant Red Star Liz saw on her flashes, it couldn't possibly be the same red giant that is showed on Sexual Healing when she's asking her profesor, simply because that Star must be dead by now, and probably has been for a long time too, as in million of years. What we get out from space is just how things were, not are. So, even assuming there is a red giant near Antar (or that it is actually Antar's sun) it can't possibly be the same thing.

And the last thing I have never been able to get is why Michael says the "V" constellation is Aries (which, okay, it could be, if we add 5.2 magnitude stars into the picture... ) but Aries just can't be seen in the middle of the sky in April.

Anyways, someone was asking about races, well, Whitaker does say in Surpirse this:

WHITAKER: The other 3. You belong with us, our race. We're in charge now. Your kind doesn't rule anymore.

ISABEL: I'm not one of you.

(from crashdown.com)

So, at least, apparently, there are two races fighting over power in Antar, and we could assume that Khivar is from that "other" race. But then again, it's all especulation ;) Whitaker could have been refering to social classes, or other kind of stuff, which she just generically called "race".

And I had always thought we got Max's birthday out of the blood vial showed in Blood Brother :wink:

Misha
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

It reminds me of an old fic, "the dream". No destiny, Tess, Nacedo, clones... in that fic, Max, Michael and Isabel discover that on their planet, there were two different races, and that one of these races won the war and the other race fleed the planet.

The twist was that hunters were sent to hunt those who had lost the war. And that Michael was one of these hunters, he was supposed to kill Max and Isabel. The group was quite shocked to hear that. There was that funny remark from Alex, who said that "Michael's race was like the Klingons, always angry, and Max's and Isabel's race was like the Vulcans".

In S2, there was a scene when a device, a pentagone ?, sent Michael flying, but not Max and Isabel. Does this mean that Michael is maybe from a different race than Max and Isabel ? It would explain Courtney and the Michael worshippers. The skins were loyal to Khivar, and the renegade skins to Rath.
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Ok, i've been searching everywhere for the answer to this question. I've asked everyone i know and still can't get an answer, and since you all are so smart, i figured why not try asking it here:

When did Alex go to Sweden? We all know that he went, but we just dont know when. Like, what ep did he go in? Was it around Max In The City? Because i know that he came back in We Are Family, but i just dont know when he left, and in order for me not to look like a complete tool in the fic i'm writing, i would really appreciate any help you guys could give!

Thanks,

Kristen
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

I know he came back in late Jan. to early Feb., and he mentioned he had only been gone for a month, which probably meant he was gone for a little over a month but estimated. So I'd say early to mid Dec., sometime before Christmas.
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

I thought Alex never went to Sweden, but was around Roswell under Tess' warp?
Absence of proof is not proof of absence