When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Fehrbaby wrote:What color are Amy DeLuca's/ Diane Farr's eyes? Are they green?
Yup, very very green. :D
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
harroc83
Addicted Roswellian

Post by harroc83 »

What is Diane Evans job, is it a house wife a lawyer what?? I always wondered
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I think originally she was supposed to be Phillip's partner, but by S3 they seemed to paint her as a housewife, didn't they? Maybe she retired? lol
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

cardinalgirl wrote:I think originally she was supposed to be Phillip's partner, but by S3 they seemed to paint her as a housewife, didn't they? Maybe she retired? lol
In the books, Diane was a lawyer. It was never specified in the show.
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Kath7 wrote:
cardinalgirl wrote:I think originally she was supposed to be Phillip's partner, but by S3 they seemed to paint her as a housewife, didn't they? Maybe she retired? lol
In the books, Diane was a lawyer. It was never specified in the show.
No, they never did specify. But they *did* mention that she worked in an office, in Toy House. That could mean pretty much anything, though, lol.
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Tasyfa wrote: No, they never did specify. But they *did* mention that she worked in an office, in Toy House. That could mean pretty much anything, though, lol.
hugs, Tas
Umm... I have to ask - when in Toy House was that mentioned?? I don't remember it. :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Does Max or Jason Behr, actually have amber colored eyes? I never paid attention, but I read that in almost every fic. 'His beautiful amber colored eyes' Heck, I've even used it. Was it just something made by a fanfic writer that caught on?
I'm constantly jumping on these eye color threads, huh?? Call it my way of giving back to the roswell fandom. :D

Well, using my state-of-the-art photo analysis techniques... :lol: I can say that Jason's eyes seem to be a mid to light brown. Not ever light enough (or enough of a clear yellow tone,) that I'd feel justified calling them 'amber'... amber eyes are pretty rare IIRC.

Does 'his beautiful light brown eyes' just not have the same ring to it? :wink:
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I got two different answers...thank you both, but I think I'll just find a picture of him and study it. It's not like it would be hard to find one on this site :lol:

I had another question, well two actually.

When Liz confronts Max, and they go into the band room, what is kyle doing in there? Besides just banging on the drums. He doesn't look like he plays them, or that he was practicing or anything.

Also Liz says they're studying for a bio midterm, but didn't school just start? In The morning after Liz says:

LIZ: I don’t even know if there’s anything to say. I mean, I saw him over the summer, and it was casual. I’m sure now that we’re back in school, he’s just thinking of me as a summer fling.

And there are other clues too, so I assumed that the school year just started. So why would they already be studying for a bio-midterm? I know it was just an excuse, but why would Kyle buy it?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Chrisken wrote:
Tasyfa wrote: No, they never did specify. But they *did* mention that she worked in an office, in Toy House. That could mean pretty much anything, though, lol.
hugs, Tas
Umm... I have to ask - when in Toy House was that mentioned?? I don't remember it. :)
Gah not Toy House, sorry. River Dog. When they come home after school to find the cops et al there and the box of papers has been stolen, Diane Evans says something along the lines of she left the office for lunch or whatever and found the house had been broken into. Don't know why I said Toy House, lol.
hugs, Tas
~Henry Jenkins
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:I got two different answers...thank you both, but I think I'll just find a picture of him and study it. It's not like it would be hard to find one on this site :lol:
LOL, well that's because they're both right! Technically I suppose his eye colour would be labelled as hazel. Depending on the lighting and what colour he's wearing, they can look green, brown, or gold/amber. But yes, the "amber" designatio is one of the biggest Roswell fanfic clichés out there, as well. :)

As for Kyle being in the band room and buying Liz's lame excuse, there IS no satisfactory explanation that anyone's come up with. Welcome to the CHADDs. :D
hugs, Tas
~Henry Jenkins