Time After Time Challenge

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

OK, this is an impulse thing and i'll probably regret it later but.... i'll do it.

I have an idea that i can probably somehow work into this, with a little tweaking.

Um, i'm more of a modern girl so i can i go 1980 - till old age comes and gets them, proably around about 2053? Or something about there anyway. I'm flexible.

Toodles.

Ki-ki
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

cherie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherie »

Hi...I'd like to try my hand at this. I'll take the years 840-865 when the Vikings were raiding the Celtic coasts of Ireland. Can we start our stories anytime?

Cherie
cherie

If all is not lost, then where is it?
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Oh! Yay Cherie! You haven't even started writing, and already I can't wait to read it.

EDITED TO ASK:

Did we decide what the item would be that would be the same throughout all of the fics? Just wondering...
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
Jason's Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jason's Princess »

Wow, the challenge seems amazing. I can't wait to read what all of you will come up with, because I am sure it will be wonderful.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend | Just what you want to be, you will be in the end
And I love you
Fred
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fred »

Answers to questions that I've been asked

First off - to answer the question about the locket . . . no one really decided so I kept that in although I did say it didn't have to be a locket (especially since some time periods would not have such a thing). This is explained more in the edited part of the first post.

I have also been asked by a few people how we are going to post these stories - if we should post in order or what not. My opinion (and what I want people to do - if no one disagrees) is that each author can post when they are ready to post.

Each story will stand on its own so there shouldn't be any problem with that. Don't wait for me or anyone else. Just - please send me a link when you do so I can add it here (like I did for Destiny's Circle) and then hopefully pull it over to a thread of its own with banners and such when we have enough authors posting.

I'm so thrilled to have so many talented authors joining in. Thanks so much!!! I really think this is going to be wonderful!!! :D

And all you authors that are still on the fence - come on - do it - it will be fun!!! (Just a little peer pressure.) :lol:

Hugs,

Fred

PS PLEASE take time to answer the poll - it will only run for 5 days! And your word is law!!! THANKS!!!
BTW - I was just thinking about this since we are filling up so well but if you all think it is an awful idea I will understand (and tell myself I was too tired to think clearly). :wink:
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

I think that, eventually, we should put up a website with all the stories. I did something similiar to this a few years ago and it's fun to have one central place to go to find them all. The other option is to have a thread in Work by Author.

Kath
Breathless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Breathless »

Fred, I'm in.

I'm working on a prehistoric piece, sometime in the Pleistocene Epoch, during the time of early man.

I also claim the time period from 1 AD to 35 AD.

Debbi
Last edited by Breathless on Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behr's Bitch
LysCat
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LysCat »

I think that it would be good idea to let the authors post whenever they want. After the very last story is out, then we can work on putting it together.

I just got the PM from you, but maybe a question to discuss would be....how far in the future will we be going? We'll get to all that later though...
Walter: "I used this to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they've been dead up to six hours."
Peter: "Yeah, cause after six hours they're REALLY dead."
Fred
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fred »

Hey everyone -

I have sent a pm to all authors who expressed an interest in or accepted part of this challenge. The pm was a suggestion that we have a chat to discuss any questions or concerns. The chat should not change anything about the challenge or your story - it is just to make sure we are all on the same page.

If I missed you and you are someone who has accepted this challenge please pm me and let me know (I promise the oversight was not intentional). :D

When we decide when and where this chat will take place I will post it here and open it up to authors who are seriously considering taking up this challenge. You can pm me now if you are one of these authors.

Hugs and all that :wink:

Fred
blake
Addicted Roswellian

Post by blake »

Fred-

I was wondering if I could hop on the bandwagon. I accepted a challenge from sugarplum17 awhile back that I think will fit into the time period of approximately 1610 to 1670 (I haven't worked out the exact dates) but it will be around the settling of the New World.

Hopefully you have room for me!

~Nicole