How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Re: How was your day?

Post by Earth2Mama »

Just came from a weekend at my mom's. Spent time with the niece and nephew and spread my love to them and only them.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Pretty lazy, really.

Just chilled at home, watched tv, ate food and played some Zelda on the N64, oldschool...

Later on tonight I'm going to tutor a grade six girl in maths and english and... sex ed. They've just started "Health" and I've been the one copping all the questions, like:

"Do men get periods?"
"Is the uterus where the wee comes from?"
"What's a wet dream?"
"What's an ejaculation?"
"You know that tubey thing that's connected to the baby? Yeah, the umbilical cord... once the baby comes out, does that go back up inside the woman? It doesn't? Gross!"

I'm quite immature, so it's been a real struggle for me to say the word vagina without laughing. Or penis. Or ejaculation. Or any word for that matter. But I've stayed strong and kept a straight face, so props to me I guess.

Should be interesting to see what she comes up with this time... :lol: her questions just amaze me.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

LOL Me and my friend accidentally went to a bikini barista. We get to the order window and we see this girl walking around in a pink bikini and we were like "Oh God." Well we're already there and worried we'll look like freaks if we just drive on out after we already stopped. So we order our coffee and the whole time my friend just keeps going "I feel like such a pervert," and I'm thinking 'Oh god this chick probably thinks we're lesbians and ogling her goodies.' We finally get the coffee and I'm sure we're both completely red in the face, I know she was, and feeling like hypocrites with how many times we've talked crap about them, drive out, and the first thing either of us can say is "God how can she do that it's freaking cold outside!"

At least it's not as bad as my sister in law, she went with her kids once on accident and the girl wasn't wearing bottoms to try to get better tips.
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

Rowedog wrote:Just chilled at home, watched tv, ate food and played some Zelda on the N64, oldschool...
I seriously miss my old N64. Those were the days, man. Those were the frickin' days.
I'm quite immature, so it's been a real struggle for me to say the word vagina without laughing. Or penis. Or ejaculation. Or any word for that matter. But I've stayed strong and kept a straight face, so props to me I guess.
My baby's all grown up and...*sniff*...savin' China!

I'm seriously impressed, dude. I'll say that never happened to me, but then, my first health teachers were nuns and priests, and it's just way less funny when they taught it. Seriously. Want to be altered for life? Have a nun explain reproduction with all the proper names. "Now, young ladies, I want to talk with you about the vagina today..."

Now that I think of it, Sister Mary Thomas only ever called us young ladies in health class. I realize she was attempting to give us some measure of respect or hope that we'd act with some sense of decorum, but it's a bit jarring in retrospect.

My day was okay. Finished an application for college, wrote an essay, watched some Olympics, saw a movie or two, did some cleaning, finished a book (The Reformed Vampire Support Group, which turned out a little better than I thought it would) and did some back computer work (organizing, cleaning up some old files, backed up files, etc). Nothing too exciting, really.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

valentinebaby wrote:So we order our coffee and the whole time my friend just keeps going "I feel like such a pervert," and I'm thinking 'Oh god this chick probably thinks we're lesbians and ogling her goodies.'
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice.
At least it's not as bad as my sister in law, she went with her kids once on accident and the girl wasn't wearing bottoms to try to get better tips.
Oh my god! That's just...ew.

And so completely against health code it's not even funny. :?
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

valentinebaby wrote:LOL Me and my friend accidentally went to a bikini barista. We get to the order window and we see this girl walking around in a pink bikini and we were like "Oh God." Well we're already there and worried we'll look like freaks if we just drive on out after we already stopped. So we order our coffee and the whole time my friend just keeps going "I feel like such a pervert," and I'm thinking 'Oh god this chick probably thinks we're lesbians and ogling her goodies.' We finally get the coffee and I'm sure we're both completely red in the face, I know she was, and feeling like hypocrites with how many times we've talked crap about them, drive out, and the first thing either of us can say is "God how can she do that it's freaking cold outside!"

They would never ever......never ever.....not in a million years let anything like a bikini barista open where I live :lol: :lol: Hell here Hooters restaurant is still considered risqué and some people think is classless and sinful to go there!
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Honestly, I think I'd be okay with it if it's on the beach somewhere in a warm climate where everyone's in a swim suit anyways. However, that's far from the case in western Washington. As far as I'm aware since this whole thing started I want to say a year and a half ago, one has been shut for health reasons, and one has been closed down due to prostitution. That's in Everett alone, I don't even want to think about Seattle! I mean I don't want to sound like a prude, or embarrassed about nudity because I'm honestly not, it's just aren't strip clubs enough? At least that way it's age controlled.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

My baby's all grown up and...*sniff*...savin' China!

I'm seriously impressed, dude.
Thank you, it's been an education for me as well.

Oh god... more tutoring today.

Guess what I got asked this time? While her father was two and a half metres away in the same room?

"What's masturbation?"

Ever tried to explain masturbation to an 11 year old girl without making it sound gross or something to be ashamed of? Because I have... and it's not easy. I think I achieved it though, even though I took on the lovely colour of a tomato.

I swear, one day, she's going to kill me.

I can't even remember how the rest of my day went, she's knocked it completely out of my head.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

I got back from Vegas at midnight. My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a spontaneous (well, for me anyway, because he planned it and I had no idea) short weekend trip.

Lost a little bit of money, but it was a fun weekend.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

RiceKrispy wrote:I got back from Vegas at midnight. My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a spontaneous (well, for me anyway, because he planned it and I had no idea) short weekend trip.

Lost a little bit of money, but it was a fun weekend.
I just love the slogan - Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :D

So, you sure that's the only thing that happened out there? :wink: It ain't called "Sin City" for nothing :lol:

No quick trip to the Chapel O' Love?
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother