The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by killjoy »

Found out today that my grandmother has only about a month left to live. She has cancer that's spread all over.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:Found out today that my grandmother has only about a month left to live. She has cancer that's spread all over.
So sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go out to you & your family. :cry:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Sore throats suck. Thank god I don't have tonsils cause I'd be really unhappy.
scorpio6
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by scorpio6 »

Valentinebaby-Sorry about your mother. I hope she is doing better. I hope you feel better, too.

Killjoy-I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

NotYourChick-thanks for the hug....I sure needed it.....

Have a good week all....
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

killjoy wrote:Found out today that my grandmother has only about a month left to live. She has cancer that's spread all over.
Oh gosh, Rod, know that I'm thinking of you and your grandmother. As someone who just lost her grandmother in November, I understand how horrible this is. You never know, though. Sometimes people are given a month to live and then they live for another year.

ETA: You guys see the adorable little dog in my icon? His name is Leo, and he was my dog since I was ten years old. He turned 13 on Christmas day. Sadly, we had to put him to sleep yesterday. Very much like my grandmother, he was getting older and deteriorating, but he was still OKAY. Then all of a sudden, just like my grandma, he took a sudden turn for the worse, couldn't move or do anything. He was literally my best friend in the whole world, and as corny as it sounds, I thought of him like a little brother.

I guess I should look on the bright side and be thankful that I had so many years with him, had so many memories, and was able to give him a good, happy home. And wherever he is now, I feel confident that he's with my grandma and they're watching over me.

I was really hoping 2010 was going to be a better year. I don't understand why all this bad stuff has to happen all at the same time. I ended my relationship with my fiance on Sept. 22, then we moved out of the house I've always known as home on Oct. 21, then my grandma died on Nov. 16, and now Leo died on Jan. 26. I try to be one of those people who is optimistic and always looks on the bright side, but that's hard to do when things are so bad.

At least I still have my mom, my friends, my education. I swear, I am going to just throw myself into my writing to get my mind off the real world this year!

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

April - he looks like a sweet & beautiful dog ... so sorry to hear about his passing. The death of a loved one is never easy & it doesn't get any easier as we get older.

Send you some love vibes and keeping you and KJ in my constant thoughts. {{{hugs}}}

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I know this is the Complain About Life thread but it's so sad. I hope things start going better for everyone soon.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

O.k. I just got my W-2's and did my taxes, so ...

Where the hell is my money?

I'm only getting a little over $1,000 back from federal? WTF?! I got like $1500 last year! Oh, and yeah ... because of some computer software glitch 7 years ago, I owe the state of NY $900 dollars in back taxes for the year ending 2003. :roll: I've paid off like $700 already, so the $113 I'm getting back will just be kept by them.

Seriously ... why the hell do I live in NY any more? The most expense state to live in and my salary just barley covers rent & bills. They are constantly hiking up the subway and bus fares. Soon, NY will be for only the Donald Trumps in the world.

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

WTH that doesn't make any sense you should've gotten less back last year due to the stimulus. I'd go to H&R block if there are any in NY. I went somewhere else one year and got completely screwed over.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:WTH that doesn't make any sense you should've gotten less back last year due to the stimulus. I'd go to H&R block if there are any in NY. I went somewhere else one year and got completely screwed over.
Yeah, see ... I don't go to H&R Block, because they are CROOKS! They charge me nearly $200 dollars to do my taxes and I don't have any dependents or claim anyone other than myself. It's the state ... I'm telling you - It's the friggin' STATE. Bastards are running it into the ground!