English thread 2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Favourite Reality Show?

Dancing on Ice
20%
Strictly Come Dancing
20%
Big Brother
28%
Im a Celebrity, Get me out of here
16%
Fame Academy
No votes
X Factor
16%

Total votes: 25

WomanofMystery
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by WomanofMystery »

Congrats guys!
I live in Bristol and those of you who are coming here for uni will love the city.
rie482: The same thing happened to my class when we took our A Levels a few years ago. We were all predicted As or Bs in sociology and english, I got an E and that was the highest grade out of the whole class. Everyone failed history as well although I can't remember what grade I got in that. :lol:
On the plus side, since everyone failed it did mean that it was down to the teacher or the examining board rather than me not doing enough work. :lol:
WASH: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

We had a similar thing happen with the results in our Geography A-level, although it was only in one of the modules taken at the end of Year 12 so we could retake in Year 13 - only 3 people passed the exam (worth 33% of the A-level), even though several people in the class were Oxbridge candidates. It looked so stupid on the module results, considering that I got A's in the other 3 modules that I took :roll: .

I've actually lived in the Bristol area my entire life (except for the 4 years I was at Uni), although I don't actually live in the city - which means an hour bus journey into Clifton every morning starting in October (no point trying to drive in and finding somewhere to park) :roll: .
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Gdgd. At least it has definitely happened to someone else. I just can't believe it - it brought my grade down. I don't mind that fact as I know I worked my arse off and I still got into Uni. But I didn't like the fact I was then accused of not working hard enough, by my idiot boss yesterday, for something that the idiot examiners did.

He actually had the nerve to go - Oh you must not have worked hard enough to get the B you wanted. If you had you would have gotten it. But oh well, at least you passed.

I almost walked out the building. It was no - well done you're into uni! It was you obviously didn't work hard enough. He knows that I even did revision at work. Yes - that's right - I took my work with me and when ever I had a spare minute my nose would be back in my blake book.

I didn't even stay and watch coldplay at the isle of wight festival. I went home at 6 and spent the rest of the night memorising quotes and author names.

AND HE DARES TO SAY I DIDN'T WORK HARD ENOUGH?!

Anyone willing to murder him for me?
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Congrats to any GCSE takers here amongst us - I'm not sure if there are... but I think it good to give ya a round of applause...

I want muder my bro tho. He took 14 of them and came out with an A*, 4 A's, 8 B's and a C

He did the same us as me in English Literature and did BETTER than me in history. That ain't supposed to happen! hehe!

*fumes* :P

I'm damn proud really. Love him :)
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Congrats to GCSE takers
I know what ya mean Rie, my smart ass sister go 7 A*, 3 As and a B. Grrr whipped my 5 A* 3A 2B 1C. Lol

Well done all!
EnglishDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by EnglishDreamer »

:shock: You still got 5 A*s! Thats amazing. Glad your siblings did really well. It's nice to hear about sucess.

I took one two years early. Got an A. ICT is a total doss!
<center>Image</center>
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

madroswellfan wrote:Congrats to GCSE takers
I know what ya mean Rie, my smart ass sister go 7 A*, 3 As and a B. Grrr whipped my 5 A* 3A 2B 1C. Lol

Well done all!
Wow, this is getting freaky - not only did I get the same A-level grades as you, but almost the same GSCE's as well - I got 3A*s, 3As, 2Bs, 1C (I only took 9, so no 5A*s for me :( )!
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Wow how strange!

And btw, my sisters results have been changed....its now 8A* 2A and 1 B

Grrr lol
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Woop! Off to uni tommorow!!! *Jumps around excitedly*
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Good luck at uni, madroswellfan :), you'll have a great time there! Is it freshers week next week?

My new course starts on Oct 2nd and today is my last full-time day at work, so I'll have a week off before I start :) (and I can go and visit my best friend in Swindon - she just got married!).

God, I almost can't believe I'm going to be a student again - after this year, I'll have been at university for 5 of the last 6 years!