The Walking Dead

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by roswellian love »

Im with you cmpletely killjoy
Rick is cool but he needs to let go of the rule book
Andrea rules I love her and am glad I didnt see her and Dale get all romantic like the comic That just eww and I really did not like Dale I thought he was a fool.
Daryll and Carol I'm split sometimes it looks motherly and times I feel like she looks at him like more So I really dont know. I hope they don't turn her character like the comic version.
Im fed up of Lori she needs to die I trully hate her theirs not one redeeming quality to her not even her mothering she all for herself. I hate Carl feels lost and truly dead inside.
I loved that moment between Glenn and Hearshel
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Carol was dumb in that last ep.I mean yes I know every kid gets bored and a lot of kids love to go 'explore' in the woods.But these aren't normal times to be going off into the woods like that.Second...my dad taught me at a very early age to never tease a chained up or pen in dog....for not only that it's wrong but even if that dog 'can't' get too you it might one day bust out and come at you.So Carol standing there and teasing the stuck zombie was just stupid!

Also.....Darryl is a redneck country boy like myself...and one thing we redneck country boys know is the fact how many guns we have.Sooner or later Darryll is going to notice he has a gun gone(the one Carol stole and dropped in the woods) I hope it's dosen't happen when a zombie attacks and Darryl runs to the bag thinking his gun is there!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that Darryl shocked Dale over the fact he knew that Shane killed Otis to stay alive.The way he noticed that how that Otits was to have supposed to have stayed back and 'covered' Shane's get away but how seeing how Shane had Otis gun........see redneck don't always equal dumb! :wink:

I also loved how Dale seemed so shocked at how Darryl knew this but it didn't seem to bother him(Darryl).I'm glad Dale got his wish! The fact how he kept getting so upset when someone did or said something he thought didn't go with the 'old' life he loved so much and how he would rather die than make the hard choices in this new brutal world.Well he got his wish! He would have never made it much longer with his crying attitude in this new brutal and tough world on the show.
roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellian love »

[quote="killjoy"]Carol was dumb in that last ep.I mean yes I know every kid gets bored and a lot of kids love to go 'explore' in the woods.But these aren't normal times to be going off into the woods like that.Second...my dad taught me at a very early age to never tease a chained up or pen in dog....for not only that it's wrong but even if that dog 'can't' get too you it might one day bust out and come at you.So Carol standing there and teasing the stuck zombie was just stupid!
It's Carl not carol and remember one thing he a kid thats in a f'ed up world. Im not saying what he's doing is right cause its notit's cruel But Carl is losing his childhood and innocense
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

roswellian love wrote:
killjoy wrote:Carol was dumb in that last ep.I mean yes I know every kid gets bored and a lot of kids love to go 'explore' in the woods.But these aren't normal times to be going off into the woods like that.Second...my dad taught me at a very early age to never tease a chained up or pen in dog....for not only that it's wrong but even if that dog 'can't' get too you it might one day bust out and come at you.So Carol standing there and teasing the stuck zombie was just stupid!
It's Carl not carol and remember one thing he a kid thats in a f'ed up world. Im not saying what he's doing is right cause its notit's cruel But Carl is losing his childhood and innocense
:roll: :lol: :oops: Ohh good lord! I didn't even notice that I got Carl and Carol's names mixed up like that :oops: :roll:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

The funny part of that last ep to me was when Carl got his smart mouth and Rick went to talk to him.When Rick when "Carl! Come here!" I just started laughing.For that sounded so much like my dad when I was a kid :lol: :lol: :lol: It had that just the right hard edge tone too it when he would call me over :lol: :lol:
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

I thought it was very good episode, but so sad. Honestly, what happened to Dale just made me cry, but I respect the fact that the writers aren’t afraid to go there either. With a few shows, when it comes to death, I usually get annoyed because either kills too many people too soon, or they’ll kill someone and then bring them back for guest appearances constantly, which in my opinion, makes death meaningless. With the walking dead, it’s not like that. They’re not killing people every single week, but they also don’t let you fall into this lull of thinking that everybody’s safe for too long.

Now I already knew that Dale was going to die in this episode because I accidentally spoiled myself, but I’d hoping that he wouldn’t go out like that. Sadly, I didn’t get what I wanted.

I also love how torn this episode made me feel. When it started, I was 100% behind Shane and Rick’s decision and I still partially am because the group this kid was with is dangerous. But Dale’s speech left me with doubts and also reminded why I feel his perspective is important in this new world. A lot of people think morality is a useless concept in this new world, but I still think it’s important to have someone like Dale who will stand up for what he thinks is right and remind the people that their not animals, that they’re still human until they choose not to be. I think Dale recognizes the danger they’re in perfectly, but I don’t think he’s willing to sell his soul away just survive in it. And I love him for that.

The problem I’ve always had with Shane and his perspective (even though I think he makes some good points) is that it’s a slippery slope between doing what it takes to survive and becoming the monsters that you were trying to defend against. And once you can justify one awful act, it won’t be long before you can justify another and another. And Shane’s slowly going to that extreme.

And then at the same time, I understand and still kind of agree with Shane and Rick’s stance. Though this guy says he didn’t along with what his group did, there’s still a good chance he’s lying to keep himself alive. So, like I said, I was very torn about this whole thing.

My biggest complaint is Carl. The kid was dumb enough to steal a gun, but wouldn’t use it when he came across a walker. Yeah, because when I see a zombie, I’m going to throw rocks at it and see how close I can get to it. I know he’s just a kid and normally, I love him. But if he wants to be treated like an adult, he needs to start acting more grownup. Also, how did NOBODY notice when he took off? I think I’d practically have a leash strapped to my kid in this world. Lol.

Also, I hate that people keep going off on their own (Dale/Carl/Lori). Come on, people! Stop being stupid. There are freaking zombies around!

Anywhoo, I loved the episode and I can’t wait for the next one. This show goes by way too fast though. I’m serious, I’m going to hit myself if I forget one more time to order these darn comics.
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Last night's episode was bittersweet. Although I'd been spoiled before it aired & knew Shane's death was forthcoming, it was still hard to watch. I felt Rick's pain, because he and Shane had been best friend's for years. Then Carl having to shoot Zombie-Shane was another tough call. Carl was close to Shane but he also loves his dad. Now we are seeing more proof you don't have to get bitten by a walker in order to turn. Seems you die, you turn anyway. :shock: I have no thoughts yet as to why that occurs. The season finale looks to be deadly. Too many walkers closing in on the farm. :shock: :twisted: :shock: Can't wait for it though! :D

P.S. If anyone's interested in reading it, the actor who portrayed Shane did a 1:1 interview with Entertainment Weekly at their website: EW.com
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Ok I just also thought of something, did anyone else notice the flashes about walkers while Shane was dying? I mean, was it Shane's last dying thoughts or his brain making the switch so to speak :? Fascinating!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Yes yes yes.......

SPOILER below don't read unless you don't want to know....but seeing how you watched the last ep than you should have already know what it is :lol:

You all got to see one of the secrets of the story.....the viruis is airborn and in everyone already....just dormant until death.BItes just transfer and active strain into a host and turns them faster.I do believe that info was what the CDC guy told into RIck's ear right before they all ran out before the bomb went off.

I was wondering about the flashes myself....were they Shane's last thoughts or something else?

Now onto Lori and Shane......Yes I've always said I liked Shane's way of thinking better than Rick's .But yes I also knew that Shane was slowly slipping off the cliff of insanity.Which he went over last night.Going to kill Rick was the part where I was like "okay yes Shane has went too far now"

Okay....this is hard for me to say seeing how I've been dogging her since the start.....but Lori did ok in this ep.She actually thanked Shane for saving her and Carl's life when RIck was in the coma,she realized SHE too had a part in the relationship/sex thing that she had with Shane and it wasn't ALL his fault.She took responsiblity for her actions and that was good.

PLUS......I've always wondered why hadn't they turned the farm into a fort already?! :roll: They could have had weeks building walls and fences around the house to hold back Walkers.Maybe put boards up on the windows and fixed it too where Walkers can't make it up the steps onto the porch!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

killjoy wrote:You all got to see one of the secrets of the story.....the viruis is airborn and in everyone already....just dormant until death.BItes just transfer and active strain into a host and turns them faster.I do believe that info was what the CDC guy told into RIck's ear right before they all ran out before the bomb went off.

I was wondering about the flashes myself....were they Shane's last thoughts or something else?
thanks for clearing that up KJ, I was totally confused when Shane got back up as a Zombie... but Ok so does that mean that they will only turn into a zombie after death? or can something else trigger it?

Any rate that was such and intense awesome scene, I was not expecting that at all, when he stabbed him I yelled so loud I woke my daughter up!

and then his reaction while he was stabbing him... "you made me do this!" :shock: :cry: omg so heartfelt!! And then his son shooting Shane! :shock: That entire scene was just incredible.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare