By Order of the King (CC, M/L, Teen) 10/21/05 [COMPLETE]

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

By Order of the King (CC, M/L, Teen) 10/21/05 [COMPLETE]

Post by Zanity »

By Order of the King (CC, M/L, Teen) 1/1 - 10/21/05

Summary: Alternate ending to “Destiny”

Pairings: M/L

Rating: Teen

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Disclaimer #2: The first few lines are taken directly from “Destiny”

A/N: This is a short one-parter that came to me last night and I couldn’t get it out of my head so I typed it out. I hope you enjoy.

The orbs activate and a message plays, “If you are seeing me now, it means that you are alive and well. I take this form because it will be familiar to you, and it will help you to understand what I am about to say. You have lived before. You perished in the conflict that enslaves our planet but your essence was duplicated, cloned, and mixed with human genetic materials so that you might be recreated into human beings. My son, you were the beloved leader of our people. I have sent with you your young bride. My daughter, the man you were betrothed to, and your brother's second-in-command.”

Isabel gasps, “Oh my god, Max. Our mother.”

The message continues, “Our enemies have come to the Earth. You will know them only by the evil within. Learn enough to use your skills, your knowledge, and your leadership to combat the enemy so that you can come back and free us. And that I may once again hold you both in my arms. I live for that moment. Help us. I love you.”

Isabel sighs, “She's so beautiful.”

Michael states, “I always knew there was something out there, but I had no idea how important it was.”

Max agrees, “Things will never be the same, but whatever happens, we have to stay together. It's the four of us now.”

Tess makes a play for Max grabbing his arm she exclaims, “I knew this was meant to be!”

Max is alarmed as he can sense Liz giving up on him; but he can’t lose her, not now, he needs her too badly. He shakes free of Tess and exclaims, “No!” Summoning power he didn’t know he had, he aims his right had at the opening to the chamber. His hand glows brightly as the chamber door is shut and sealed.

Max then aims his left hand toward the corner of the chamber where they had been storing the alien artifacts, his hand glows again and the destiny book flies into it. Max quickly turns to the page that pictures their foursquare and exclaims, “That message proves two things to me, one this destiny is not something decreed by God or fate. It’s nothing more than the plan my mother made for us. And two I am supposed to be the king. Well then as king I think this plan,” he shakes the destiny book for emphasis, “needs a little fine tuning to accommodate the events that transpired because of the crash.”

Max paused for a moment to let that sink in before continuing, “I hereby decree that since wedding vows are ‘till death do us part’ all wedding and betrothal status between the four of us are null and void as of the time of our original deaths.” He took a breath and concluded, “I further decree that each of us has the right to choose our own mates with just two conditions. First, that they know the truth about us; and second, knowing the truth, they accept of their own free will.” Turning to Tess he emphasized, “No mindwarps allowed.”

As he finished speaking the destiny book began to glow brightly in his hand. When the glowing stopped the foursquare had changed. Where Max’s image used to be, there were now two rectangles. The outer one still contained Max’s image while the inner one contained the image of a faceless female. Michael’s image had been altered the same manner, and the inside rectangles next to Isabel’s and Tess’s images contained faceless males.

Max handed the book to Michael then turned and dropped to his knees in front of Liz and begged, “Liz, when I was in the white room, there was several times when I could have let go and just let my self die. But I fought to live; I fought to come back to you. You are my reason for living, my everything. If I’m to have any chance of helping my people, of becoming the leader they need me to be, I need you by my side. I need you to be my strength and my balance. Elizabeth Parker, will you be my mate, my destiny, my queen?”

Max’s passionate plea spoke straight to her heart, and her heart answered even before her mind fully comprehended the question, “Yes.” As the single syllable passed her lips the book once again began to glow and Liz’s image replaced the faceless female next to Max’s.

With the evidence that they could be together displayed to all present, Max stood and pulled Liz into a passionate kiss. Tess interrupted them furiously, “Using your powers to change the book doesn’t change anything. You’re still supposed to be with me!”

Max, with anger in his eyes, grabbed the book and handed it to Tess, “If changing it doesn’t mean anything, if I don’t have the authority to change destiny, then change it back.”

Tess moved her hand over the book and her hand began to glow. A few moments later her hand glowed brighter and signs of strain began to appear on her face. But try as she might, she couldn’t undo the changes Max’s pronouncement had caused. Tess threw the book down in frustration.

Max picked up the book and tried explaining to Tess, “Your picture is still in here, you are still an important part of us. You just have a different role than you expected.” But Max could see that Tess wasn’t in the mood to discus this any further at the moment, so he turned and opened the pod chamber’s door. He walked up to Liz and wrapped his arm around her; and side by side they walked out into the world to face their destiny together.
Last edited by Zanity on Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:20 am, edited 5 times in total.