What would you have done differently?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Roslover39 wrote:Man the writers would get you excited about stuff then pull the rug
out from under you ....time after time after time :(
True dat. :(
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

For me, the aliens would stay royalty, because if they were just normal run of the mill people on Antar, why them? Why would they be chosen to be made into hybrids and sent away? It wouldn't really make sense.

Tess would still be introduced, but she'd learn to embrace her human side long before betraying her "family." None of that "You're like a sister to me" crap from Kyle. They'd actually like each other.

Alex would say enough is enough to Isabel, be with me or I'm leaving.

Liz. I would make her a tad more selfish. If she truly loves him like she says she does, she'd stay and fight for him. I always hated how she said "we're in this together" and when things got tough for them, she abandoned him.

I personally despise Season 2, I hated the whole thing. Which is why it's the only season I never bought. I'd take out pretty much everything, or at least stick to one main thread. One main threat, whether it be Special Unit, Skins, or the weird alien crystal thing. Too much going on. I'd probably stick with the Special Unit and how Nasedo took it over. I would've drawn it out a bit more, used the power he would have as Pierce to find out and tell us what the SU knew, and take it down better. Mysterious deaths of the unit people who showed up in Graduation, perhaps.

No Jesse.
<center>Image</center>
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Hmm…what would have been done differently if Roswell were mine...

1. Jesse would have been Kivar.
2. Kivar would have been a kick-ass enemy, a real threat instead of being a major disappointment.
3. Max's connection to Liz would have been explored. I believe that it was more than just an adolescent crush he had on her. I believe he recognized her the first moment he saw her, when they were in grade school.
4. Max and Liz would have consummated their relationship on the show, instead of it being implied.
5. I'm a dreamer but I actually liked Tess during the second season when she was with Kyle. I would have kept her on the show, as long as she was with him and she would not have been the one to kill Alex. He would have lived.
6. Tex and baby Zan would have never happened.
7. I hated how the writers had Liz handle her "change" during season 3. In my opinion, it was like she was upset with Max cuz' she was changing. But I specifically remember her having a different attitude about changing during seasons 1 and 2. During season one, when Nasedo was telling her that Max and Tess were made for each other, she brought up how Max changed her, as a means to justify their relationship. At the end of MITC, when she and Max are in her room talking, she acted like she was in awe of changing. Being the scientist that she was, she would have embraced/explored the changes.
8. I would have explored their past lives on Antar - maybe a couple of flashbacks leading up to an actual episode or two showing their lives on Antar and the events that led up to their deaths. Also, Liz and Maria would have been apart of their past lives on Antar.
9. Season 3 would not have been the Izzy show.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Bravo :!:
Couldn't have said it better myself, I feel the same way on all
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

1. Jesse would have been Kivar.
2. Kivar would have been a kick-ass enemy, a real threat instead of being a major disappointment.
Heck yeah.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

OK I'm going to ditto behrlyliz's last post and add that after reintroducing the Larry Trilling and Jennifer what's her name and having them plan on staying in Roswell to investigate Aliens.. in "Convention". They should have been part of the story line for at least another few episodes instead of just disappearing.
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Yeah at least for the comic value. That guy cracked me up :lol:

He stumbled over the truth of the roswell aliens and nobody believed

him. (Of course Michael made sure of that) :P
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
montee916
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by montee916 »

One thought I had - have everything stand up to SO47, but make a bigger issue of the pod which was leaking. Then build up to the end of season two, where we find out that Tess is a Skin, and Liz is the true queen which is why Max could make the connection with her, but she didn't develop powers earlier because of the damage done to her pod.

As for the flashes that Max got when he was with Tess, write that off to her mind warp talents, which explains why he couldn't recall things unless she was with him.

Edited to say: Oh. and I'd give myself the part of Alex. :mrgreen:
Third Time Lucky - my first fic

Second Time Around - the sequel to 3TL
Zansgirl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Zansgirl »

I's would haves had Michael kiss Liz in Missing. :wink:
Visit My Website:Ros-Ville
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

montee916 wrote:One thought I had - have everything stand up to SO47, but make a bigger issue of the pod which was leaking. Then build up to the end of season two, where we find out that Tess is a Skin, and Liz is the true queen which is why Max could make the connection with her, but she didn't develop powers earlier because of the damage done to her pod.

As for the flashes that Max got when he was with Tess, write that off to her mind warp talents, which explains why he couldn't recall things unless she was with him.

Edited to say: Oh. and I'd give myself the part of Alex. :mrgreen:
I agree with everything you said, that would be great to see :) 8)
By French Dreamer

Coming Soon!