What Real Life's Like Thread 4 (CC TEEN)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"Looks like we've been ditched." Alex says, suddenly changing the subject. I don't even wonder about why he's not interested in our plans for Saturday anymore when I see where he's looking. Isabel and Kyle have gone off on their own and it doesn't look like they have any intention of returning here soon.

"You're right," I say slowly, trying to figure this out. There's definately something going on here that I'm not cluing into. First it looked like Isabel and Alex were hanging out but now she's with Kyle? I thought she was still mad at him? I guess it's good that they're being friendly but I don't quite get it.

And then there's the girls. Something's up with Liz and Tess, too. Or am I just imagining that because of my own failings? I'm dating Tess when Liz is the one I really like. ... No, I don't think it's my imagination. They've both gone really quiet. I wonder if it's something I should worry about.

I look back at Alex with some concern. We all know how much he likes her. "Everything okay?" I ask.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Alex

"Everything okay?"

"Of course." I automatically reply, still looking towards Isabel and Kyle. Feeling Max's gaze on me, I look at him, seeing his concerned expression. "Really ... I'm fine! I won't do anything stupid, I promise. I mean ... it's not like Isabel and I are dating ... or something."

Draining the bottle of water, I put it away, still having some of my cocktail left for now. I change my stance slightly, so I am cannot looking at Isabel and Kyle anymore without having to crane my neck.

"So, you were saying golfing? I dunno ... I actually never played it before, so I haven't looked around if the courses nearby are any good."
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Alex says he's okay but I can see he's uncomfortable with whatever is happening with Isabel and Kyle. I have to smile as he tries to desperately divert the conversation back to where we were.

"Well, if you've never played, I guess you wouldn't know if the courses were good or not," I say with a grin. "I hear there are great ones here, but it's expensive if you're not a member. Not a good investment if you've never played. Got any other ideas?" I ask, wondering what he might want to suggest.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Alex

Max makes a good point with the money - sure, we are earning a bit with working at the radio but Tess and Liz dragging me shopping so I can 'live up' to Isabel's standards ... they know how to get a man broke!

"Hmm, what aobut mini golfing then?" I ask with a grin. It can't be that different, can it?
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

Isabel

"And ... why are you here? Trying to find you some surfer dude to bring back home?"

I should have known that Kyle would throw my question right back at me, but even so I was unprepared for it. I could have given him a flippant answer of being there to "have fun," but I knew that there was an even deeper reason for me to be here and on this show.

Looking at Kyle, I wondered if I could open up to him and tell him the truth. Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it was this new emotional honesty policy I had taken on (after all I had just spent time with Alex telling him how I really felt ), but I decided to give it a shot.

"There are numerous reasons for why I came to Florida to be on this reality show, but suffice it to say that it's mostly to do with my parents." I let out a sigh at that revelation that I had been holding near my heart, "You know the whole cliche, 'Rich girl does something outrageous to get the attention of her parents who barely have time for her'? Well that's me and so one day, when I was alone at home, I found myself flipping through the channels of the television and came across this advertisement calling for cast members. Didn't take me long to send in my resume."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Mini-golf?

"That sounds like a great idea," I say grinning. I should have thought of that myself. "There have to be a bunch of places we can do that. I think I even saw an ad for a course down near the beach."

I turn to the girls, wondering if they're paying any attention to this at all. "What do you ladies think?"
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Kyle

Isabel being such a rich girl who annoys her parents? What a surprise! Not! I figured she's a little wannabe Paris H. At least she's so honest to admit it.

"And? Did it work out? Were they pissed? Did they cut you off of your trust fund?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

Isabel

"And? Did it work out? Were they pissed? Did they cut you off of your trust fund?"

"My mother passed away a while back, so it's just my father and myself." I sighed before sipping my drink again. It was definitely hard to open up to another individual...I don't think even my best friend, Katherine, knew just how much I craved my fathers attention, "..and no, my trust fund is fine, thank you. My mother left me enough money for me to live on comfortably for the rest of my life and my father has no say in it."

I notice movement from the corner of my eye and see the camera man heading our way. They had been distracted for a while with staying with the larger group and Maria and Michael that we had managed to slip away undetected.

I decide maybe it's time to get off this subject so the rest of the world doesn't realize that Isabel Anderson is a sap. "What are your plans when this whole thing is over?"
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Kyle

Luckily, Isabel changed the topic before she could have started crying about her dead mother. I'm not being insensitive here but ... crying chicks aint my thing.

I glance once again over to the others, making sure Tess is still here before answering Isabel.

"Afterwards? I'll go back to college, of course." I answer with a shrug, playing with the beer bottle. "Hey, maybe I'll transfer to a college in New York so you won't have to miss me that much. Well, you and Tess."
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Post by KaraGail »

Isabel

"Hey, maybe I'll transfer to a college in New York so you won't have to miss me that much. Well, you and Tess."

'Great' I think with a mental shake of my head. Now that I have opened up to him he thinks that we are going to be buddies now.

"That would be nice." I smile again but then give a slight frown when I think of having to go back to New York. It wasn't too much longer that I would be heading back home and so would Alex. I tried hard to remember where Alex was from, but for some reason it was escaping me.

I can't stop myself from looking over my shoulder and spotting him in the corwd. I found myself thinking that maybe we have made a mistake. Maybe it's not such a good idea to be getting involved with someone that I know won't last. Long distance romances never work.

I let out a sigh and then take another sip of my drink, "Who in the house do you feel like you get along better with?"