The Fate of Destiny Part 181E CC/UC ADULT 09/02/10 COMPLETE

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

The Fate of Destiny Part 181E CC/UC ADULT 09/02/10 COMPLETE

Post by DMartinez »

The first of a few banners I'll do. This one focuses on Max and Liz.

EMAIL: shockerdm@icqmail.com
DISCLAIMER: The characters portrayed in the following piece of work belong to creative geniuses: Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, and UPN. ‘Invincible’ belongs to Pat Benatar. ‘Until the End Of Time’ belongs to Jordan Hill and All-4-One. ‘We’ll Never Say Goodbye’ belongs to Jay Gruska. ‘Amor Prohibido’ belongs to A.B. Quintanilla and dearly departed Selena Perez. The Last Unicorn belongs to Peter S. Beagle. ‘The Distance’ belongs to Jamie Walters. Anything, Anything (I’ll Give You) belongs to Dramarama. ‘In the Air’ belongs to Phil Collins. 'Calling You' belongs to Blue October. 'Suga Suga' belongs to Baby Bash. 'The Coming Night' belongs to Anabret. 'These Are My Friends' belongs to Mind Broken. 'I Wasn't Prepared' belongs to Eisley. 'Chapel of Love' belongs to the Dixie Cups. 'Liar' belongs to the Cranberries. 'I'm So Sick' belongs to Flyleaf. 'Come on Closer' belongs to Jem. "Closer" belongs to Bottlefly. "When We Were Younger" belongs to Shannon McNally and Charlie Sexton. No infringement was intended.
RATING: Adult
SUMMARY: Starts after graduation (not the episode as this story was started at the beginning of second season), things haven't turned out as planned for the podsters but they're forging ahead to create their own lives in the alien madness. (Or as some have pointed out Roswell: The Soap Opera)
ARCHIVE: Realm DM – http://riddickdm.tripod.com/
NOTATIONS: [ ] flashbacks. {} Thoughts. /\ Illusions. /\ Manifestation of Thought (no italics)
CATEGORY (IES): A/I, M/L, M/M, slight Mi/L, K/I, Mi/O
AN: Character death

The Fate of Destiny Part 1
November 2002

Isabel Evans closed her eyes and leaned her head on the wall behind her. With a small smile upon her lips she remembered. Alex Whitman and she had shared a ‘night’ together. It was the most special event in her entire life.

[His mouth closed over her nipple and pulled hard. She cried out, her whole body was on fire. Their bodies were already sweat-slicked from the heat of the day. They could blame the heat for everything, crawling indoors, lounging around, boredom… exploration and going with it. Isabel’s hands were everywhere trying to pull his body into hers.

"Hold on. No rush." He panted against her chest, his blue eyes burning with a contradictory notion.

"Now. I need you now." She rolled her head back on his pillow, arching her body up under his. "Oh God, Alex, please."

"As you wish." He rumbled into her neck. He let go of her shoulders and slid his hands down between their bodies, spreading her legs. He guided his hard cock into her burning center, biting back a cry as he slid all the way in.

"Alex." Her voice was just a whisper as she blinked back a tear or two. "I love you."

"I love you." He whispered into her ear before pulling back to look into her eyes. Their eyes remained locked on each other’s while they started to move in a steady rhythm, driving them both to release.]

Isabel never heard the door open. Her mother’s voice snapped her into reality. "What is going on here?"

Diane Evans stared at the tiny bathroom in disbelief. Her daughter was sitting amongst several pregnancy tests with an egg timer. Isabel’s eyes went wide. "Mom... I..."

"Oh dear Lord." She sank to her knees beside her daughter. "Alex’s?"

"We don’t know if I am yet. I’ve got two more minutes." Isabel’s voice wavered as she pointed to the small timer. She didn’t look at her mother. She couldn’t bear to see the disappointment in her face. Isabel’s face crumpled. "I had told him that I might be."

"Oh baby, it’s not your fault." Diane reached over for her daughter.

"How do we know? I mean, just two days later..." She trailed off as she glanced up from her mother’s arms. Max Evans, her brother, stood in the doorway. He just looked at her sympathetically. He knew how much Alex had meant to his sister. The silence in the tiny room was suffocating; it hung in the air until the egg timer did its happy dance on the floor.

Isabel took a deep breath and picked up the first stick. Two lines, positive. She bit her lip and picked up the second. Pink line, positive. The plastic square demanded her attention. Plus sign, positive. Just a glance at the little cup with its blue contents confirmed that all four tests agreed. Isabel Evans was pregnant.

She burst into tears. Her mother’s arms wrapped around her, then she felt the strength of her brother’s arms around the both of them.

Isabel suddenly pushed them both away and ran out of the bathroom, down the hall and out the front door. The tears blinded her but she kept running. She ran through the center of Roswell, past the Crashdown and UFO Center. She didn’t care who saw her. Her legs and lungs burned but she kept pushing. She ran through to the other side of town. Finally the church came into view. Behind it was the cemetery. She had the lay out memorized already. Row 20, plot 9.

She sank to her knees beside the headstone, the tears still falling from her eyes. She didn’t see anything else, just the headstone:
Alexander Charles Whitman
Beloved son and brother.
May his memory always bring the joy he carried with him in life.
May 6, 1983 - November 14, 2002
"Alex, I hope you can hear me. I was right." She whimpered to his marker. "I’m pregnant." She didn’t hear the gasps behind her. She just kept talking. "I can see him already. He’ll be tall and funny. He’ll have your raven hair, your blue eyes, my sense of style." She smiled weakly before bursting into fresh tears. "I wish you were still here. God, Alex. I love you so much."

"Isabel, honey... are you okay?" A hand rested on her shoulder. Isabel, after several long moments, registered the voice. Sandra Whitman stood over her, concern etched on her face.

"I’m pregnant with your grandson." Isabel’s face crumpled. She leaned into the woman as she knelt down beside her. "I just wanted him to know."

"I’m sure he does know," Was all the woman would say through her own tears. Charles Whitman found them wrapped up in each other’s arms, crying. His face crumpled at the sight. It was hard on all of them. Somehow they would get through.

TBC
Last edited by DMartinez on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 184 times in total.
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 2

Post by DMartinez »

The Fate of Destiny Part 2
December 2002

Maria DeLuca watched Michael Guerin for a reaction. She had told him her news. She knew on the tails of Isabel’s news it would be hard on him. His shoulders slumped and his breath left him. He forgot to breathe for a minute before he found his voice. "You’re sure?"

"I took nearly a $100 worth of tests, you know, just in case. It’s unanimous. I’m pregnant." She rocked on her left ankle, unable to look at him anymore. She just kept trying to breathe without hyperventilating. {How is he really taking this? He keeps everything inside all the time. How am I going to know what he’s really thinking?}

"Don’t shoot me or anything but... it’s mine?" He sucked in a deep breath.

"Of course it’s yours unless someone’s suddenly shape-shifted into you in the last three weeks." Maria could feel her anger building. It was taking a lot to keep it in check. How could he ask her that?

"I know. I know. I just had to hear it. I’m sorry." He nodded. Then he noticed she was still waiting. Then it hit him. {She’s waiting for me to make it better.} "What do you want me to say? I can’t say it’s going to be okay. We don’t know that it will. Have you told your mom?"

"No. I wanted to give you a running head start." She cracked weakly.

"So... how are we going to tell her? Invite her out to coffee? I mean she can’t kill either of us in front of witnesses." He shrugged at her, sinking lower into the couch.

"You’ll go with me to tell her?" She smiled suddenly. He might not always show it but Michael really cared for her.

"Yeah. I have to make sure that she doesn’t take you away from me. This is my kid..." He sighed and leaned forward. "Have you talked to Liz about this?"

"No... But I will. I wanted to tell you first… plus she's all… still… But I will." She promised. Michael’s worry began to etch itself across his face. She sat next to him and took his hand. "I’m sure we’ll make it okay."

"Yeah, we will." Michael kissed her forehead softly and pulled her close. "I’ll talk to Maxwell soon. Let him know we have yet another pregnant female in our midst."

"Must be something in the water." Maria started laughing. It was all too crazy. Suddenly Alex’s image flashed in front of her eyes. She quickly sobered. "I miss him."

"Yeah, we all do."

"Why would he do something like that?" She whispered.

"He didn’t. He would never do anything like that." Michael’s voice came out harsher than he had intended. "I don’t care what those doctors said. It was an accident. Alex would never do that."

--

Max served his mother her dinner and set up a tray for Isabel. "When’s Dad coming home?"

"Next week. It’s a busy week in Clovis." Diane nodded her head. "I miss you around here. Thank you for coming around since... How’s Liz doing? Is she still scared of me?"

"Yeah." Max smiled. "She’s doing good but she’s still afraid you’re putting a hex on her." His smiled faded. "She’s doing better, the nightmares stopped."

"Must’ve been awful." She took his hand. "I know Isabel still cries at night. I don’t know what she would have done if she had been the one to find him."

"She’s been sleeping a lot?" Max turned back to the tray he’d been fixing.

"In the afternoons... she tested out of all her classes. She passed…" Diane shrugged lightly with a half-smile that looked more like a grimace.

"She did?" He looked back at his mother confused. "When I call her she’s never here."

"Isabel has a routine. She wakes up at seven, gets dressed to the nines and leaves. One day last week I followed her. She goes to him, talks to him about the baby." Tears started forming in her eyes. "She stays there by herself all morning. Then she meets with Sandra for lunch. Sometimes they invite me. We come home and she sleeps."

"Really?"

"Once in a while she’ll join me and Dad for some TV watching but then it’s right back to bed." Diane twisted her napkin in her hands. "Come back home, Max."

"Mom." Max leaned on the counter. "I can’t. If I did, Liz would have to come with me. Do you think you could handle two pregnant women in the house? She’s due in February. That would be a lot of stress on you."

She didn’t answer him.

"Mom, I work from four to eleven every morning. I go to class until five every day. I spend maybe an hour or two with Liz while we eat and... catch up. Then I study until midnight." He sighed and drew in a slow breath. "I can’t go to classes next semester so I can help her with the baby. I don’t want to bring that stress into this house. You’ve already got Isabel to worry about."

"I could help." She insisted. "You could keep going to college."

"I’d lose financial aid if I moved in here. It’s better this way." Max sighed yet again. "I’m going to take this to Iz then I’m going to see if I can catch Liz before she goes to sleep."

"Coming here every night has put a strain on things... hasn’t it?" Diane was immediately sorry for even asking him to come home.

"Liz understands. She loved Alex too. She knows Isabel needs me." He picked up the tray. "If I can figure something out... I’ll think about it."

--

Max reached for the doorknob of the apartment he shared with Liz Parker. As his fingers brushed the brass handle, the door swung open. "There you are!"

"Hey babe." Max kissed her softly and rubbed her round stomach possessively. She pulled him into the apartment and slammed the door. Liz pushed him back into his favorite chair and perched on his lap. "Is it six o’clock already?"

"It’s almost eight. You’re late. I almost went searching for my toy." She batted her eyes at him.

"I thought I threw that out." He accused playfully as he leaned in to kiss her neck.

"I have to keep it for the days you won’t be here or the days that you’re too tired." She pouted. "Which seem to be coming more often..."

"I’m sorry. I do not have an energizer battery. Four hours sleep a night is just barely enough to keep me going." Max reached up to cup her full breasts through the thin dress she was wearing. "You miss me?"

"Uh-huh." Her eyes fluttered closed. She whimpered when his hands left her body. She leaned against him with a sigh. "Too tired?"

"Sorry. I’ve got finals this week." He kissed her head. "You’d think I’d enjoy this particular symptom of pregnancy."

"It’s ok. You’ve got a lot on your mind." Liz rested her head on his shoulder. "How’s Isabel doing?"

"Better. She goes to visit Alex everyday and then she goes to lunch with Mrs. Whitman and Mom." He kissed her hair softly. "She doesn’t cry as much anymore."

"That’s good." Liz nodded but she got a flash of the day one month ago.

[Liz rang the doorbell to the Whitman household. Alex was supposed to be visiting for the month. It was already week four and she hadn’t seen much of him. Sandra opened the door.

"Liz, you are looking great. When are you due?"

"February, I think. Possibly March." Liz smiled and let her hand rest on the small bump. "Is Alex in?"

"He’s out in the garage. Mr. Whitman set him to work." They both laughed. The only reason his father made him was because Alex was much stronger than he was and that still wasn’t saying much.

"Then I’ll go around. I’ll see you later." Liz waved.

She walked around and ducked under the garage door, it was only at half-mast. When she straightened out, her head hit something. Tennis shoes… Alex’s tennis shoes… attached to Alex. Liz screamed. "No!"]

"Hey? You okay?" Max asked softly.

"Yeah, I’m fine." She whispered.

"He didn’t do it." He reassured her.

"Evidence to the contrary." Her tone was bitter. She wanted to hate Alex for killing himself. Even if he hadn’t done it on purpose it was still done. He’d never tell lame jokes again. He’d never make another website dedicated to cheese sticks. He’d never get to go back to his technical school.

"You know damn well that he would never kill himself." Max forced her face to look up at him. "It was an accident."

"Guess only Alex knows for sure."

"I know you’re upset and you’re the one that found him but... you can’t keep this up. It’s not good for you or the baby." Max stroked her hair and pleaded with her.

"I know. I’m sorry. It’s just hard knowing he won’t be there when the baby is born. His or ours or Maria’s." Liz let the tears flow.

"Yeah... Wait. Maria’s?" Max asked.

"I guess Michael hasn’t talked to you yet." She pulled herself to her feet. "He will. I’m going to bed."

"Wednesday is my last exam. We need to talk about something." He called after her. Liz just waved her hand at his backpack. Time to hit the books.

TBC
Last edited by DMartinez on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 3

Post by DMartinez »

The Fate of Destiny Part 3

Maria tuned out the argument. Michael and her mother were at each other’s throats. She didn’t want to get in the middle of it... even if it was about her.

Michael had come close to asking her several times but they both knew when she had conceived.

[Michael ran his hands down her body under her uniform. Their mouths met in a ferocious kiss. Maria slid onto his cock, gripping his hips with her knees. His hand slid down from her breasts to her hips, guiding her into a quick rhythm.

They fought to keep their groans quiet. Very faintly they could hear the other people moving around in the bathroom outside their stall.

Maria rode him faster. They were both nearing the edge. Michael leaned back, ignoring the mini-tank in his back, and began thrusting frantically up into her hot body. Maria squeezed him inside her body. They broke the kiss for some desperately needed air.

“Come on baby, almost there.” He rasped. Just the sound of his voice set her flying over the edge. Michael followed her over. They stayed put for a moment to catch their breath. Michael gently kissed her. “Break’s over. Back to work.”

Quickly they fixed their clothes and snuck back out into the restaurant. Jeff Parker waved them both over. He had tears in his eyes. “Max just called.”

“What happened?” Michael’s defenses automatically went up.

“Lizzie’s at Alex’s... she found him.” Jeff took a shuddered breath.

“What do you mean... found him?” Maria whispered, her heart dropping to her toes.

“He’s dead.” The old man whispered. “Alex is dead.”]

“How the hell are you going to support my daughter and her baby?” Amy DeLuca yelled.

“I don’t know but I will damn it!” Michael yelled right back at him.

“You can’t even take care of yourself. How are you going to take care of a baby?”

“Listen! I’m not leaving this house without her.” Michael screamed. “Don’t blame me for your own mistakes. I’m not leaving her.”

“How dare you come into my house and talk to me like this? Haven’t you done enough damage?” Amy’s eyes lit up with anger.

“Stop it!” Maria screamed. “Mom, Michael is not like dad or even like my father. He’s not leaving me.”

Amy stood there stunned. “You know?”

“I’m 18, Mom. How long do you think you were going to keep it from me? Huh? And in a small town like this one? I hear things. I’ve figured most of it out on my own.” Maria let a few tears roll down her face. “I know that you don’t know who my father is. I know that Brian DeLuca has no claim whatsoever on me because I’m not his.”

--

Isabel smirked at her brother. Max shook his head over his cards. “What did I tell you about poker faces?”

“That you suck at them.” She laughed.

“Ok, ok. What do you got?” He rearranged his cards.

“Two pair.” She laid hers out in front of him. “Aces and kings.”

“Damn it.” He threw his cards down. “Two pair. Twos and sixes.”

“So, you’re done with classes?” Isabel shuffled their cards back into the deck. They were sitting on her bed with junk food all around. “So why aren’t you with Liz, satisfying her cravings?”

“I took my last test 20 minutes before I came over. She’s enduring another one of her mother’s talks.” Max rolled his eyes. “She’ll be home tonight maybe this afternoon.”

“You think she’ll move in with us?” She stared down at the cards.

“I hope so. I’ve talked to people and I can still go to school in the spring if I pay rent.” He shrugged. “Liz has been adamant about making it on our own but... you guys need me here.”

“We don’t NEED you here.” Isabel corrected him. “It just makes us feel better. We want you here, we don’t need you here.”

“I’m still going to talk to her about it.” He got up. “I’m gonna go catch a nap before she gets home.”

“Gotta be rested for her cravings huh?” She ducked a swat.

“I don’t even want to know what you’re doing.” He waved his hands around.

“I’m fine. Liz told me where she bought her... toy.” She started laughing when Max put his face in his hands.

“I told you that I didn’t want to know.” He hugged her lightly. “Later Iz.”

--

Max opened the door to his apartment and found it empty. “Big surprise.”

He went straight to the bedroom, pulling off clothes as he went. He flopped down on the bed in just his boxers. He closed his eyes and let himself drift off. Just as he was crossing the line into sleep, a noise pulled him back. He opened his eyes just a crack.

/Liz walked into the room, slowly peeling her clothes from her body. She crawled onto the bed, her hair falling over his body as she crept over him. “I’m home.”\

“Hey.” Max sat up and kissed her lips. “I’m all yours.”

/”I know.” She whispered, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She pushed his boxers down his body, laying kisses over his stomach.\

“Liz...” he moaned. His body heated up in response to her seduction. He closed his eyes and let the sensations wash over him. Max felt her straddle him. He gripped her hips and pushed up into her. His eyes slipped open for a second. Tess Harding was riding him. They slipped closed again only to snap open once more.

/Liz leaned down and kissed his chest, tongue flicking his nipples. They moved faster, cries filled the room.\

Max let his eyes close again as they neared their climax. He barely felt her hand move down and brush her clit. Her cry sounded overloud in his ears but her quivering muscles sent him over. He kept his eyes closed and pulled her close to him before finally falling asleep.

--

Max woke up when the door opened. Liz breezed into the room. He called out to her. “Where did you go? I didn’t even hear you leave.”

“What are you talking about?” Liz set her bags on the counter. “I told you I was going to spend the day with my mom. I just got home.”

“You did?”

“Yeah.” She walked into the bedroom with a strange expression on her face. “You thought I was home?”

“Maybe it was just a dream... I mean the second I got home I hit the bed.” Max scratched his head. He still had his boxers on. {It was a dream... wasn’t it?}

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 4

Post by DMartinez »

Aw, Smac... give the guy a break. He's stupid but he's cute and he only gets 4 hours of sleep a night since school started. '-)

The Fate of Destiny Part 4

Liz watched Max put away her things. She was so tired, her eyes threatened to close on her. The bed squeaked as she shifted position. "Don’t tell me that the bed squeaks. I’m paranoid as it is living in your parents’ house, now they’re gonna know every move we make."

"I’ll fix it." Max reached down and fixed the frame before laying down on it himself. "You’re sure you’re okay with this?"

"Maybe if I wasn’t moving in the same week that your relatives are coming for Christmas." She rolled onto her side to face him. "We haven’t even told your parents everything yet."

"We will." He promised. He reached over and placed a hand on her stomach. "We have to tell my parents before everyone shows up. They don't really about us yet."

"Do they know about Isabel?" She scooted closer.

"Yes, everyone knows about Isabel." Isabel crossed her arms in the doorway. "Trust me, by this time tomorrow every single one of my relatives will know everything that’s happened in the past six months."

She joined them on the bed. It was a tight squeeze but they managed. Max reached over Liz and took his sister’s hand. "It’s not that bad."

"If it’s not that bad then why won’t you even tell Mom and Dad about... you know?" She held up his left hand with the gold band around the ring finger. "I’m surprised they haven’t noticed the ring."

"Isabel... are you okay with me being here?" Liz asked softly.

"Yeah. It’s kinda good to know I’m not going through this alone." Isabel stared at her nails. The polish was beginning to chip. {Think about the nail polish and you won’t think about him. Going to have to fix the damage. Maybe I’ll just start all over.}

"And Maria..." Liz started. She exchanged glances with her sister-in-law and they both burst out laughing. "... won’t be any help."

They both sobered as they kept thinking. Isabel brought up a subject no one had in months. "What about Tess? She doesn’t know any of this. Where has she even been since graduation?"

"She can stay gone for all I care." Max shuddered as a memory surfaced. [/Making love to Liz\] then Tess appeared in her place. He blinked and opened his eyes again. /Liz rode him to completion.\]

"You don’t mean that." Liz stroked his arm. "How do you think she’s going to take everything?"

"She won’t care about anything else when she finds out you’re pregnant." Isabel whispered.

"Then she’ll be hysterical once she finds out we got married." Max sighed and leaned his head on Liz’s shoulder.

"Married? When did this happen?" Diane stood in the doorway. Max and Liz exchanged looks, both completely speechless.

--

Maria rushed to the door when she heard the knock. "I’m coming, coming, coming." She threw open the door. "Oh. It’s you."

"Good to see you too, Maria." Tess rolled her eyes. "Is Michael in?"

"No." Tess moved to get in but Maria didn’t budge. "So, did you have fun on your sabbatical?"

"Yes, actually." She smiled sweetly. "Have you put on weight? You’re looking a little chunky."

"That’s it. Any chance of you coming in flew out the window." Maria moved to shut the door.

"That’ll change when Michael gets home." Tess shook her head.

"No, it won’t. Things have changed in the last seven months, Tess. This is my apartment. I live here. I say you don’t come in." Maria stepped to the small girl. "And if Michael knows what’s good for him... he won’t let you in either."

"Fine. I’ll go stay with Isabel." Tess glared at the other blonde as she turned to go.

"You do that." She couldn’t help but smirk at the annoying little girl. {That little priss is going to be in for a huge surprise when she gets there.}

--

"Max, you are such a sweetie." His Aunt Stephanie pinched his cheeks as he carried in her bags; he was helpless to fend off the attack. "Oh and Nathan is on his way. I’ll bet you two haven’t shared a room since you were ten. It’ll be just like camp, won’t it?"

Max set her bags next to the bed in the guest room. "Actually, we won’t be sharing a room this year. Um..."

Just then Liz wandered in. "Max, I almost forgot. Your mom wants you to go to the store for her. Oh. Hi."

"Hi." Aunt Stephanie turned to her nephew expectantly.

"Liz, this is my aunt Stephanie Evans. Aunt Steph, this is Liz Parker Evans... my wife." Max’s hands twitched nervously. "We’re having a baby."

"Apparently." Steph looked Liz over. "When was the wedding?"

"Oh, well. We didn’t have one. Just a meeting with the JP." Liz nodded, sticking to their lie and resting her hands on her stomach. She saw Aunt Steph eyeing her stomach. "I’m due in February… early March."

"Um, wh-when’s Uncle Barry coming?" Max changed the subject quickly.

"Later, with Nathan." She smiled sweetly. "Ok, Mrs. Evans, would you mind escorting me to Diane please?"

"Sure." Liz smiled back. "Max, we need flour, milk, oranges and Tabasco sauce. Oh and Isabel wants a slice of pineapple pizza with jalapenos."

"What? No pickles or apples maybe?" Max chuckled.

"She feels weird enough as it is, Max. Just humor her." Liz shook her head at her husband and led his aunt down the hall.

--

Max went outside with his father to meet his uncle and cousin. While the men shook hands and headed for the house, a car pulled up. Max recognized it immediately. {Oh shit.} Sure enough, Tess got out of the car, all smiles.

"Hi Max." Her voice was pure saccharin. She went to hug him but he backed away.

"Tess." Max turned to his father. "Could you tell Isabel that Tess is here?" Philip Evans nodded and ushered his brother and nephew into the house. "What are you doing here Tess?" Max shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I came to tell you that I am pregnant." She locked eyes with him.

"That’s good. Who’s the lucky guy?"

"You are." Her smile got bigger. She saw Isabel heading for them.

"That’s not possible." Max’s mind reeled. The memory of a dream came to him just as it had the day before. [Tess straddling his body with a seductive grin on her face. Blink. /Liz moaning in her throes of passion.\] His heart almost stopped. His thoughts immediately went to Liz. Was he breathing?

"You know it is. So..." Tess stepped closer, trying to his hands into opening for hers. "I know you’re an honorable man. When do we get married?"

"You don’t." Isabel answered for him. She hadn't heard it all but she had heard enough. Max had some explaining to do but they needed to get Tess away from the house before something bad happened in front of so many civilians.

"Of course we do because this is the way it was meant to be." She insisted. She watched Max’s pale face intently.

"A lot has changed since you left Tess." Isabel whispered softly. "Did you know Alex died?"

"How sad." Tess tilted her head at Isabel. "You know that it’s better this way though, right?"

"How can you say that?" Isabel’s eyes filled with tears. Tess just turned back to Max.

"I’m pregnant. You aren’t just going to leave me alone are you?"

"I can’t marry you." Max whispered. That dream had been no dream. Tess had tricked him. He had been too tired to know the difference.

"You can. You just won’t. That’s what it really is..." Tess trailed off as her eyes left Max for a split second and traveled to the house. Max followed her gaze to the figure standing at the door.

"I can’t marry you. I’m already married." Max closed his eyes. "Liz and I are married, we’re having a baby." He opened them to a crying Tess. "I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not leaving her for you. You shouldn't have played your head games with me, not like that. A lot and I do mean a lot has changed since you ran off."

"You have to tell her." Isabel whispered to her brother. Liz was starting to get curious. She was inching her way across the yard.

"I know I do." He bit his lip and turned his back to the newest mother of his child. "Tess, I really think you should leave."

"Where am I going to go? Maria won’t let me into her apartment." She called to Max’s retreating figure.

"Go stay with Valenti. He won’t turn you away." Isabel followed her brother leaving Tess alone in the front yard. Tess angrily wiped at her tears. They hadn’t done a thing to soften either of them. She’d have to work on Michael first. It would be the only way to make them see their destiny.

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 5

Post by DMartinez »

AN: Yes, I did do a thorough remodeling of this part because as I looked at it... It sucked. So it's still basically the same thing only now it's better and Max's conversation with his father and uncle is much less... well, insane. It's not sane but then we're taking about alien fornication here.

The Fate of Destiny Part 5

Liz let Max guide her back into the house. Her eyes ran over him from head to toe. He looked like he was going to be sick. "Max. What’s going on? Why was she here?"

"Can I tell you later?" He whispered, casting a glance toward his curious family.

"Well, where has she been? Not like I miss her but what if she did something stupid?" Liz caught his pleading look.

"I didn’t ask her. You and I have something to talk about before we can ask her questions." Max saw her relent. "Thank you."

"Max, honey. Was that Tess? You should have invited her in." Diane saw the Explorer drive off through the window.

"She couldn’t stay Mom. She’s heading over to Sheriff Valenti’s." Max answered her. He exchanged a look with Isabel before sitting down to converse with his relatives. They had to be careful how they dealt with this over Christmas.

--

Kyle Valenti opened his door to find Tess waiting. "Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in. Did you have fun on your little sabbatical?"

"I knew I should have used a different word in my note." She rolled her eyes. "So…"

"Did you need something?" He leaned in the doorframe, his uniform hanging open.

"A place to stay maybe?" She batted her eyes at him.

"Why don’t you go to your boyfriend’s? Oops. That’s right. He isn’t your boyfriend anymore, is he? You do know he got Liz knocked up right?" Kyle enjoyed every minute of torture that he was putting her through.

"Yeah. I know." She whispered. "Maria won’t let me stay at Michael’s apartment. Max doesn’t want to see me. He married her if you can believe that and I really, really need a place to stay."

"Sleep in the Explorer. It’s roomy enough."

"Kyle, please. I’ve been sleeping in the Explorer for two weeks now. I need a bed." Her blue eyes pleaded with his. "It’s not good for the baby to sleep in the back, with no support or anything."

"Whoa. You got knocked up too?" Kyle whistled. "First Liz, then Isabel, then Maria… now you. Wow. Really fertile huh?"

"Isabel and Maria are pregnant?" Tess sank onto a chair on the porch. "They didn’t tell me."

"Why would they have? If I know you, you went over to Max’s… you begged him to take care of you and then you found out about Liz." Kyle rolled his eyes when hers dropped to the ground. "Come in. My dad would kill me if I made you sleep in the car anyway."

--

"Tell me what happened." Tess settled herself on the Valenti couch. Sheriff Valenti was banging around in the kitchen. The older man had been smart enough to read between the lines and he was very upset with her. Kyle was polishing his gun on the coffee table. It was like she had never left, only now they were disappointed in her.

"Well, you left your little note about needing a sabbatical from our claustrophobic little ways and you took off to parts unknown." Kyle started. "Max did a happy little dance and told Liz that you took off because you knew they were supposed to be together."

"I told him no such thing." Her jaw dropped. That stung. Had two years meant nothing to Max? Sure they fought but she had not let him off the hook when she left.

"How else do you think he got her into bed?" He stared at her hard. "They didn't wait long. By July, Liz was frantic because she knew she was pregnant. No doubt about it. She gave up her scholarship and moved in with Max in some really shitty apartments." Kyle made a face and shook his head. "Anyway, Isabel and Alex got pretty serious before he had to leave for school. I personally, interrupted way too many encounters."

"Oh?" Tess wasn’t interested in them. She could care less what they thought they were giving in to.

"Michael and Maria have been locked at the mouth since July." Kyle set the gun down and began putting away his things. "I got myself into Police Academy, much fun."

"Kyle! Quit stalling." Valenti called from the kitchen. "Tell her the rest."

"So, things were going great. Max and Liz are living the happy life. Alex went off to some school in July. He came home for a break at the end of October." He leaned back on the couch. It still hurt to talk about Alex. "No one saw Alex or Isabel much for the entire time he was here. I mean… I didn't even realize until that day when… Liz went over for a visi- I mean, he was almost ready to go back…"

"What does this have to do with anything?" She rolled her eyes, cutting him off.

"Didn’t Isabel tell you about Alex?" He leaned forward, tears shining in his eyes.

"Um… she might have said something but I don’t remember what." Tess felt really bad but she was too busy trying to get Max to talk to her to pay attention to whatever Isabel was yelling about.

"Well, Liz goes over for a visit and finds Alex in his garage, hanging by the neck. I was one of the first officers on the scene. The rope was tangled in the garage door. We still don’t know if he meant to do it or not. No suicide note or anything like that." Kyle noted her lack of sympathy. It had taken many repeated tries to get that sentence out for other people. It was his answer when they asked him what had happened. "If that garage door had been just 10 years newer, it probably would have taken his head off."

"Okay, so he’s dead. Big deal." She hadn't known Alex all that well and she thought he was just Isabel wasting time.

"It is a big deal. Isabel nearly lost it after that." He glared at her. How could she be so heartless? "If ever she needed a friend like you pretended you were to her, it was then. A couple of weeks after the funeral she told us she was pregnant. A week after that, Maria finds out she’s pregnant."

"So… when did Max and Liz get married?"

Kyle shook his head at that. "That’s news to me. Must’ve been a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t seen Max since before his finals."

"So… no one missed me?"

"No one missed you. I’m sure they were glad to do without your incessant whining."

"Bite me."

"Don’t answer her Kyle." Jim called back. "You don’t have to be so mean with her."

"Yes, I do. She needs to see things the way they really are." Kyle called back. "So, who knocked you up?"

"Max did." Tess whispered. The Sheriff had known when Kyle had told him and she had refused to look at him. Kyle was too busy fuming to get it. Because why else would she try to go to Max after all this time.

Kyle started laughing. "You’re kidding right?"

"No. I’m not. I went to him, we had sex and now I’m pregnant. The way it should be." She crossed her arms and sat back. She had to bite her lip to keep from crying. She was too late and now she had a child inside her.

"I don’t buy that. Max would never cheat on Liz."

"In his mind, he didn’t. But I didn’t know they were together. I just knew he’d moved out. I told you. I’ve been around a couple of weeks."

"He’s not leaving her for you. Not now that she’s tied to him in every single way possible." Kyle thought about it. "That was a really shitty thing you did. I have no sympathy for you."

--

"What?!" Liz shouted. "When did this happen?"

"I think the day of my last final." Max closed his eyes.

"You THINK? How could you not remember something like that?" She sank to her knees. "How could you do this to me?"

"I didn’t know it was her. I remember I had a dream where I was with you and then I was with her but then I was with you again. She must have been planting images in my head. I swear I didn’t know." He went to help her up but she shoved him away.

"Don’t touch me. Get out." She whispered. "Just leave me alone."

"Don’t you believe me? I would never intentionally do something like this to you."

"I’m too angry and heartbroken to listen to anything that you have to say. Just get out." Liz pointed to the door. She couldn’t leave the house; she didn’t have anywhere else to go. "Get out."

Max rose to his feet and left her alone. He passed Isabel on his way to the living room.

"We could hear you guys outside. Everyone knows." She hugged her brother. "Dad wants to talk to you. I’ll take care of Liz."

"I’m sorry." Max sighed.

"And I thought losing Alex was the worst of our problems."

--

"You don’t understand--" Max started only to be cut off by his father.

"I understand Liz was your girlfriend and she dumped you. I understand Tess was your girlfriend for two years. I understand that she ran off unexpectedly. I understand you got Liz knocked up. I understand you did the responsible thing to take care of her and even bring her here. What I don’t understand is that you married Liz and then proceeded to get Tess pregnant." Philip roared. "Stop thinking with your dick, Max."

"I didn’t know I slept with her. I’ve never loved Tess. Never. I’ve always loved Liz. Always, forever."

"How the hell could you not know?" Uncle Barry jumped in.

"That’s the part you don’t understand. That you probably won’t understand. Tess is very good at getting what she wants. I was exhausted. I had been studying non-stop for weeks, working extra hours, running on virtually no sleep." Max tried to explain it as well as he could without telling their secret. He knew his father and his uncle were never going to believe him in any case. "I thought I was dreaming."

"What kind of crap is this?" Barry shook his head. "Be a man and just tell the truth."

"I am. I thought I had dreamt I slept with Liz that day. I haven’t seen or even spoken to Tess since graduation before she ran off." Max stopped his pacing. "She did it on purpose. She knows I don’t love her. She thought if she got pregnant by me then I would marry her."

"Why on Earth would she do something like that?" Philip stopped suddenly. His face paled.

"Cause she’s a manipulative bitch. She’s used to getting her way. I’m the only one who could ever put her in her place but I never did it often enough." Max sighed. He could feel the anger leave the room. "She does this to get what she wants. I used to be able to tell when she was going to try something like this. I--"

"What are you going to do about this?"

"What can I do? She’s staying with the Valenti’s. She’ll be fine with them." He looked from his father to his uncle.

"And Liz? What does she say?" His uncle asked.

"She’s angry but she will understand... I hope. She knows how Tess is."

"Demand a paternity test." His father blew out a breath.

"She might be a lot of things but Tess is not a slut. We had never slept together before." Max sank into a chair. He still felt like he was going to vomit. He was tired of lying but what else could he do? "I was so tired I didn’t even… I thought I was dreaming… It felt so real but… I… I was just so… tired."

"I still don’t understand how that’s possible." Barry whispered. "How could you not know?"

"I don’t understand it either." Max wasn’t totally lying but it definitely wasn't going to fly as the truth with Liz. "I’ve got to wait until Liz cools off to talk to her about everything."

--

"Max told me what happened. You know he wouldn’t lie." Isabel held Liz’s hand.

"Isabel... I can’t take this. I know he loves me but it doesn’t change the fact that he slept with her in MY bed at a time when he wasn’t even sleeping with ME." She sobbed. "And she’s carrying his baby... She’s only like two weeks pregnant."

"I know. We can tell that early, like almost immediately. I tried to trick myself after Alex..." She trailed off blinking back her own set of tears.

"God... I can’t believe this is happening... and Max probably thinks I hate him."

"You have to let him know that you don’t."

"I know." Her shoulders hitched as she tried to control her sobs and tears. "This is going to be so hard."

"Well, we’re all together. We’ll get through this. I promise." Isabel gave her a small smile. "Even if we gotta kick Max out of the house." They both started laughing. "We'll enjoy Christmas. I'll sleep in here with you, so you won't be alone." She brushed Liz's hair out of her face. "Aunt Steph and Uncle Barry are in the guest room." They missed the knock at the door. Both the adult Mrs. Evans let themselves in. "Nathan can have my room and Max can sleep outside. We'll pray for snow."

"Liz, honey. Are you okay?" Diane asked.

"I’m fine." She nodded and accepted her mother-in-law’s hug. "I promise. I’m fine."

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 6

Post by DMartinez »

The Fate of Destiny Part 6
March 2003

"I’m sorry that I haven’t been by. Things have been kinda hectic since the last time I was here. I can’t believe I let two months go by without seeing you. A lot of things have changed. Tess came back. She seduced Max with images of Liz and basically raped him. If he had known it was her... well I guess it’s too late for maybes.

"She’s pregnant. She doesn’t come around much. Max checks in on her though. He’s really too responsible for his own good. Liz was upset by the whole thing, but after a week of making him sleep on the couch... she’s okay. She and Mom have gotten a lot closer. Dad’s been real good with Liz. Much better than he was when she first moved in. It’s almost like she’s always lived with us.

"Maria moved in with Michael. She’s good for him. You should see Michael. He’s all about being a father. He’s already baby-proofed the apartment and set aside a whole section of their bedroom for baby furniture. You would never think he was the stonewall that he was before. Then again that’s only in front of us. To anyone else he’s the same old Michael. Maria is near hysterics everyday. Her cravings scare her.

"Kyle comes around every once in a while. He loves to goad Tess about everything. Sheriff Valenti checks in more often, gives us real updates on her pregnancy. I think he sees her as a daughter and this baby as his grandchild. He’s really much nicer to her than we are… than we allow ourselves to be to her.

"Your mom is doing pretty good. She can’t go into your room, yet. Your dad is speaking more to us. Your sister comes back every once in a while to check on them. I wish she’d come more often for your parents’ sake. She doesn’t like me much. I think she kinda blames me.

"Max scanned a bunch of medical books just before Christmas, he had the time alone at night to do it," she snorted. "He finally learned how and it’ll come in handy for the rest of us. He got a hold of a pass to the obstetrics lab. He took Liz one night after they made up. They got to see their baby. He’s going to take me before Liz has the baby. He’s already a week late but Liz isn’t worried."

Isabel paused as tears filled her eyes. She fiddled with the flowers she had been planting by the headstone. "I wish you could be there. God, I miss you so much. I love you so much and I ask whoever is up there to listen why you were taken from me, from us, from everyone. I never get an answer.

"This is the only place that I feel safe. I smile for everyone. I laugh and pretend to have fun but I’m dying on the inside. I never knew how much I needed you until you were gone. Alex... I hope you can hear me. I’ll never stop loving you. Never. Our son gives me comfort. He’ll be just like you. I know it. I feel him growing inside me. Knowing it’s a little piece of you gives me a reason to keep going."

Isabel dried her eyes and laid back, hands on her stomach. There was just the slightest bulge under her hands. "I’m not going to be able to come everyday anymore. Max says walking is good but walking too far isn’t. He thinks I’m going to tire myself out. Maria says our talks aren’t healthy. This from a woman who refuses to eat pickles and mayonnaise even though her baby clearly wants her to eat it."

Isabel heard the Jeep pull up to the church. "There’s my wonderful brother and his wife now. I love you."

She pulled herself to her feet and placed a kiss on the tombstone. "I’ll try come see you soon."

--

"You sure you’re okay?" Max shoved a handful of chips into his mouth as he gathered his books for class.

"I’m fine." Liz shook her head at him. "You’re making a mess."

"I’m gonna be late. They didn’t let me go when they were supposed to." He took a bite of his sandwich as he flipped through his folders. "Where’s my research paper?"

"You handed it in yesterday." Liz got up and pulled a small paper bag from the cabinet. She filled it with two bananas, an apple, an orange and a bottle of Tabasco sauce. "You need to complain about that shift manager. He makes you go in early and he makes you stay late. You made a deal with the manager herself about your hours."

"Thanks. I will. I promise." He gulped down his coke as fast as he could without making a mess. "Where are my keys?"

"On the counter." She pointed.

"Right." Max took them in hand and starting waving his hands around. "Mom and Dad are in Clovis today, the number’s on the fridge. Isabel’s asleep. Michael and Maria are working. Kyle’s got the day off..."

Liz cut him off. "I’m okay. I know where everyone is. Go to class."

"Just promise me you’re going to take it easy. Don’t clean anything. Don’t pick up anything. Don’t reach for anything." Max backed out of the kitchen.

"How about I just call you every five minutes with a report?" She glared at him. "I’ll be fine."

"Promise me." He insisted.

"I’m going to go take a nap. How’s that?" Liz pushed him out the door. "If anything happens I’ll even call my parents."

"That’s better." He nodded and hopped into the Jeep.

--

"Isabel!!" Liz screamed from the bed she shared with Max. Isabel raced into the room.

"What? What’s wrong?" She shot a look at the clock. Max wouldn’t be home for another two hours.

"Call Kyle. My parents, your parents. Anyone who can get here to help until Max gets home." Liz tried to focus her breathing the way Max had made her practice but she just couldn’t. "This is happening way faster than Max thought."

"Just hold on. I’ll get someone here." Isabel reached for the phone and started dialing rapidly.

--

Max twirled his pencil as he stared at his test. He was almost through but he’d lost concentration. A pain in his side was taking over everything. Then the doors burst open.

"What are you doing? I’m in the middle of an exam." The professor growled to the young officer.

"And it’ll still be there. I need Max Evans." Kyle glared.

Max rapidly filled in the last 10 bubbles and ran up to the front of the room.

"You need to leave, immediately." The professor continued.

"Hold your horses just a minute, will you?" Kyle shook his head.

"Kyle, what is it?" Max thrust the scantron at his professor. "I thought you were off today."

"Liz is having the baby. We’re going now. My car." Kyle raced with Max to the squad car, its lights flashing.

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 7

Post by DMartinez »

The Fate of Destiny Part 7

"AUGH!" Liz screamed in pain. She squeezed her mother’s hands tighter. When the contraction passed she turned in tears to Nancy Parker. "I’m sorry Mom. I’m sorry for everything I ever said to you."

"It’s okay baby. It’s okay. You’re going to be okay." Nancy turned to Isabel and her husband. "Just call an ambulance."

"No." Isabel shook her head. "Max will be here. This is what they wanted."

"They don’t know what they want. I’m calling an ambulance." Jeff Parker reached for the phone.

"No!" Liz stopped him. "Max will be here. He knows what to do." She rushed ahead to explain before the next wave of pain hit her. "The Evans paid for Lamaze and we've been to see a midwife. Max knows everything to do… he just needs to GET HERE!"

--

Max and Kyle jumped out of the squad car and ran into the house. "I’m going to need help, Kyle."

"What do you need me to do?" Kyle stopped him. Max put his hand on Kyle’s face and made a connection. A minute later it broke. "Can I do that?"

"Sure you can." Max led the way to his room where Liz was screaming. "I just gave you everything you need to know to do it."

"You sure?"

"Yes." Max opened the door and took in the sight of his in-laws, sister and wife. "Everyone out. Kyle and I can handle this."

"You don’t know what you’re doing. Either of you." Jeff stood up, clearly livid.

"We know more than you know." Max didn’t back down. "If you want your daughter and grandchild to make it then I suggest you leave so I can get busy."

Finally, Jeff relented and pulled his wife out of the room. Isabel caught Max’s look and went out after them to make sure they stuck around.

--

Diane and Philip walked into their house in a panic. They had seen the squad car out front. "What’s going on?"

"Liz is having the baby." Isabel answered before either Parker could say a word. "I heard him crying. I think everything went ok."

"Make way, make way." Kyle’s voice turned all their heads. "Daniel Parker Evans, meet the grandparents."

Isabel tilted her head and mouthed, ‘Daniel?’

Kyle just shrugged and handed the baby off to the nearest grandparent. He couldn’t help but smirk when he made his way over to her. "They have got the sickest sense of humor."

"They named him Daniel? As in Daniel Pierce?" Her jaw dropped open. "They are just begging for something to happen."

--

"Are you okay?" Max whispered to his tired wife. All the books he had read, people he had talked to, none of them had said it was possible for it to happen so fast. Granted, she was nearly a month over her due date but so fast.

"I’m okay. You better go make sure our parents don’t kill each other." She kissed him lightly, then lay back on the fresh sheets. She was sleepy and so very happy. "Oh and call Michael and Maria. I’ll bet they haven’t heard yet."

"I will. Get some rest." Max nodded before kissing her forehead and getting up.

--

Michael watched Maria carefully from behind the grill. He’d seen the Parkers leave in a hurry that afternoon. The evening shift had long been over. It was just the two of them left to clean up.

"Michael... can we go home? I’m tired." She whined, throwing her towel into the water bucket.

"Sit down and put your feet up. I’m almost finished. Hope you’re not too tired to go to Max’s in a little bit." Michael went back to scraping the grill.

"Why are we going to Max’s? It’s late. Doesn’t he have midterms or something?" She sat up, trying to peer over the edge of the booth she was sitting in.

"Why do you think Mr. Parker took off in such a hurry?" He gave up and waved his hand over the stove, leaving it spotless. "You notice Mrs. Parker isn’t here either?"

"Oh my god!" Maria jumped to her feet. "Let’s go!"

--

"No one knows I’m here." Isabel sighed. "Danny Evans is the focus of the entire house. Everyone loves him."

Isabel stared up at the stars for a long time. "I felt him kick today. I was thinking of you and then boom. I felt it.

"I guess I’m next. Just four more months until I can hold a piece of you in my arms again."

"Miss Evans." Sheriff Valenti’s voice interrupted her one-sided conversation. "You know you aren’t supposed to be out here."

"I know. I’m sorry."

"Come on. I’ll give you a lift home." He helped her to her feet.

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 8

Post by DMartinez »

The Fate of Destiny Part 8
June 2003

"Mom, check this out." Isabel waved her mother into the living room where Max and Liz were sitting on opposite sides of the couch, baby Daniel was napping on a blanket spread out on the floor.

"What is it?"

"Max, do it. It’s funny."

"It is not funny." Max glared at his sister but moved to sit closer to Liz. Daniel made a whimpering sound in his sleep. Liz took Max’s hand and Daniel began fussing. Finally, Max took a breath and leaned in to kiss Liz. The moment his lips made the slightest contact with hers Daniel let out an awful wail. Max sat back and took his hand away from Liz’s grip. Daniel immediately settled back into sleep.

Isabel couldn’t stop giggling. "Oh dear, that is too funny."

"Danny doesn’t want to share Mommy?" Diane said with a smile. She put a hand on Max’s shoulder and then Daniel started crying. Max hopped up and scooped up his son.

"No. He doesn’t want to share Daddy." Liz grinned. "He doesn’t do a thing if you touch me."

"Well, Philip and I are ready to go. Kids, are you going to be okay?" Diane turned to her children.

"We’ll be fine Mom." Max nodded and continued to rock his son.

"Don’t worry about a thing, Mom." Isabel hugged her mother. "If anything happens we’ll call."

"Ok. Then I guess we’ll be going then. If we’re still gone... Call me the minute she goes into labor." Diane told Liz.

"We will." Liz smiled.

"Diane..." Philip walked into the room with the keys in hand. "Bye kids."

Max watched his parents leave through the window. He turned to Isabel. "Are you sure? You are ok with taking care of him for us?"

"Just leave me and Daniel alone. We’ve got a date with the TV, don’t we?" Isabel motioned for Max to lay the baby next to her on the couch. "Just bring me my drink and my snack from the kitchen and I’m all set."

"Don’t pick him up or anything." Max nodded. "We’ll still be able to hear him so don’t worry about it."

"Don’t say that." She swatted him.

"What?"

"If you can hear us then we can hear you and we don’t want to hear you." Isabel tilted her head at her brother.

"Right."

--

Max covered Liz’s body with his own, pressing kisses up her neck. Liz stroked the muscles on his back, throwing her head back against the pillows, allowing him more access to the sensitive flesh. Max ran his hands up and down her body and listened to her moans. "Max... max..."

"Liz..." He hissed as he let a hand slip down between her thighs. Suddenly he stopped, his head shot up. "Did you hear something?"

"No." Liz shook her head and pulled him back down. "No more stopping."

"Are you sure? What if Isabel’s having problem with--" Liz cut him off with her mouth. Her tongue stroked his, distracting him as her legs wrapped around his waist. Her mouth finally let go of his.

"I said no more stopping. They’re fine." She tilted her head and nibbled at his Adam’s apple. Max groaned as her body arched up underneath his, the heat of her crotch rubbing against his erection.

"Maybe I should hold out for the begging." He rasped in her ear.

"If I have to beg then there is something seriously wrong with you." She growled back. "Is there something wrong?"

"Absolutely not." Max shifted, running feather-light kisses over her chest.

"Prove it." Liz let out a cry when he slid into her in one smooth thrust. Their mouths met to cover each other’s moans and groans. Their bodies moved together faster and more insistent. Liz’s nails raked down Max’s back as his mouth swallowed her cries. He kept thrusting into her body, harder and faster, until she went still beneath him. Her inner muscles tightened around him, sending him over the edge.

They engaged themselves in a languorous kiss as their bodies came back down from the clouds. Max pulled some of his weight off of her and let his mouth drift down to her ear.

"Michael?" Liz whispered.

"What?" Max’s head shot up. Liz motioned over his shoulder to the door.

"Sorry." Michael shrugged. "Get dressed." He didn’t make any move to close the door.

Max reached over the side of the bed for his boxers. Liz pulled the sheet around her body when Max left her. He pulled on the boxers and looked around for his jeans. "What the hell is it, Michael?"

"Kyle found a Skin out by my apartment during his patrol." Michael made sure his eyes stayed on Max. "We brought all the girls here. Valenti’s gonna help us track it down."

"What about the girls? We can’t leave them alone." Max went about dressing very quickly. "And Isabel is like due at any minute."

"Kyle’s staying. He knows what to do... right?"

"Yeah but can he handle it alone?"

"Liz can help... right? Tess and Maria are here." Michael tried to calm Max down. It was the only way Max worked, when he was calm.

"Maria’s just as ready to pop and Tess is not going to help and you know that." Max turned to his wife. "You think you could help Kyle out if Isabel went into labor?"

"Y-yeah." Liz hid her body from Michael’s view with another blanket.

"Where did Kyle see the skin?" Max pulled on his jacket. Michael started to follow him.

"Michael." Liz called out. He turned slightly. "Don’t let anything happen to him."

"I won’t."

--

"I thought Max killed it." Isabel complained.

"He killed one two years ago." Kyle pointed out. "You guys always knew there would be more."

"Guys, keep it down. I just got Danny to bed." Liz shushed them. Her eyes ran around the room, careful not to meet Tess’s eyes.

"I still think you naming your kid after a dead FBI agent is gonna bring trouble." Isabel whispered.

"It’s only right. You can’t take a life without serious repercussions." Liz hissed. "Max felt really bad about the whole thing with changing the bones and all. It was our way of making it up to him."

"Whatever."

"Guys, just calm down and keep quiet so I can listen for my radio." Kyle waved his hand at them.

"I always knew you people would be more trouble than you were worth." Tess muttered.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Maria finally spoke up.

"Exactly what I said." Tess raised her voice. "We wouldn’t have the three of you to worry about. We could have gone and hunted down the Skins and be worry free by now."

"That’s barbaric." Isabel gasped. "I know that killing is necessary but you don’t go around killing just so you don’t get killed first."

"So what you wait until they make the first move? We could be dead if we did that."

"They enter our territory and they’re dead. That’s all there is to it. We don’t just go ‘hunting’ them. You don’t go looking for trouble because if you do, you usually find it."

"Nice to be the pacifist when it suits you, eh Isabel?" Tess shot back.

"I’m looking at it logically. We could kill ourselves hunting them down or we could just let them come to us, one at a time and take them out that way. It’s safer."

"For you and your precious baby."

"Yes. No one wants our children to die."

"That child doesn’t matter, just the one you have with Michael."

"I am never having a child with Michael, just get over yourself. Just because you seduced Max with false images to get what you wanted. You knew he’d never touch you if he knew it was you." Isabel hissed, fire in her eyes. "My child is all that matters to me at this point. It is the only reason I have to go on."

"What are you talking about?" Maria whispered.

"If I hadn’t been pregnant... I probably would have followed Alex. I can’t take knowing he’s gone. His son is the reason I get up in the morning." Isabel let the tears fill his eyes. "My baby is the only thing keeping me going anymore."

"Isabel, don’t say that." Liz hugged her sister-in-law. "We all thought you were doing better."

"Guess I’m a better actress than I thought."

"Why didn’t you tell anyone you were feeling this bad?" Liz squeezed her tighter.

"When? When you were getting sick every morning and Mom was taking care of you? When Max needed absolute silence to study? When Dad was angry about this whole situation? When everyone was taking care of Danny?" Isabel took a deep breath before pulling away. "I guess I should have talked to someone."

"Isabel, babe, we’re all here. We all miss him too." Maria reached over and took Isabel’s hand. "We’re never too busy."

"Sorry to break the moment but they’re calling me." Kyle whispered then turned up the volume on his radio. "Go ahead Dad."

"We got it. Max is injured. We’re taking him to the chamber. We’ll be in touch."

"Max? What’s wrong with Max?" Liz panicked.

"They already turned off their radio." Kyle shook his head. "I guess we wait."

Liz sank onto the couch and closed her eyes. Maria carefully lowered herself onto the couch next to her. Isabel sat in an armchair, shaking her head and whispering to herself. Tess bit her lip and turned away from the rest of them. Kyle heard the baby crying and went to get him. It was going to be a long night.

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 9

Post by DMartinez »

The Fate of Destiny Part 9

Max felt himself being lifted from the Sheriff’s cruiser and the cold night air hitting his wounds. He hissed. Somewhere he heard talking but it seemed so far away.

"What are we doing? Shouldn’t we get him to a hospital?"

"No. Hospitals would test his blood, that’s where the proof is."

"Can’t you heal him?" Silence.

"I don’t know how. Max is the one who knows how to heal wounds like this."

"Couldn’t Isabel or Tess handle this?"

"They’re both pregnant. Who knows how that affects their powers?"

Max felt the ground under his back, hard and cold.

"Take this."

"What is it?"

"A healing stone."

"What am I going to do with it?"

"Just concentrate on healing him... don’t say you don’t know how. Just do it. This is the only thing I can think of that will work. He’s still pretty... conscious. I figure as long as he’s alive, we can heal him."

"This is how Nasedo died... isn’t it?"

"Yeah, well... he was already dead when we tried to use the stones. Now. Concentrate."

The silence was suffocating. Max didn’t think he’d be able to take it much longer when his body felt warm. Waves of warmth washed over his body, the pain flowing away. When it was over, his eyes shot open and he sat bolt upright. "What happened?"

"Are you okay?" Sheriff Valenti knelt over him.

"Yeah... yeah, I think so." Max patted his body; everything was in the right place.

"I knew this would work." Michael nodded and put the stones away. "The Skin went after you, I killed it but not before it got a shot in at you."

"Good job." Max nodded as they helped him to his feet. "Let’s call in and let everyone know we’re okay."

"Yeah, I’ll just radio Kyle, let him know you’re okay." Valenti shook his head.

Max lifted his head. "You told him I was injured?"

"Yeah."

"What did I say? All the girls were probably sitting right next to him when he got that little message. Isabel cannot be upset right now." Max shook off their arms and led them out of the pod chamber. "They are probably all upset now."

--

"He’ll be okay." Liz kept repeating it over and over to herself. "He’s fine. He’ll walk through that door any minute."

"You’re right. He will." Maria stroked her friend’s hair. She glanced up at Kyle. He was walking the room with Danny, trying to keep him quiet. Isabel kept whispering to herself, clutching her stomach. "Iz? You okay?"

"No." Isabel shook her head. "Why aren’t they back yet?"

"They’ll be here." Kyle whispered loudly. "And Max will just stride in here in all his kingly glory and you’ll see, it’s alright."

"I hope you’re right." Tess whispered.

"Don’t speak." Liz hissed.

"You can’t tell me what to do."

"But I can snap your neck if you say another word." She growled. "Just be silent."

"You go, girl." Maria grinned and couldn’t hold back a snicker. Isabel looked at her with a strange expression before breaking out in a smile and a fit of giggles. She and Maria locked eyes and both burst out laughing.

Liz let out a chuckle herself and shook her head. "I feel so much better."

"You ladies find out I’m hurt and you laugh?" Max’s voice filled the room. They all looked up to find him in the doorway. Liz shot out of her chair and launched herself at him.

"You’re okay. Thank God." She hugged him tight. Max closed his eyes a pressed a kiss to her hair.

"Yeah, I’m fine." He whispered then pulled out of her arms. He knelt beside Isabel. "How are you feeling?"

"Very relieved." She hugged him as tight as she could around her enlarged belly. "I don’t know what I would have done if I had lost you too."

"You aren’t going to lose me ever. I promise." He stroked her hair.

Michael stepped into the room and zoned in on Maria. She looked pale but all right. In fact, she looked very pale. Michael struggled to remember if she had looked that pale when he left. As he took her in his arms, he remembered. [Maria was getting sick in the bathroom. Michael hovered over her with a glass of water and a glass of mouthwash.

"You okay?"

"I’m fine. Just morning sickness." She coughed and tried to take the mouthwash. Michael handed her the water first. She looked at him confused.

"The water is to rinse, the mouthwash to drink."

"You’ve got that backwards." Maria shook her head at him.

"You haven’t been eating right." He insisted. "I drink mouthwash all the time."

"I am not drinking mouthwash."

"You aren’t doing a lot of things that you should be doing." He gave up.

"What’s that supposed to mean?" She followed him out of the bathroom.

"You aren’t eating right. You’re still getting sick. Liz and Isabel didn’t get sick this far along." Michael went into the kitchen area to pull his pans off the stove. "I make food that I know they ate and you won’t touch it."

"Michael, first off... no two pregnancies are exactly alike. Some women do get sick through their entire pregnancy. Second, I will not put that crap in my body." Maria swished the water around in her mouth and spat. She downed the glass of mouthwash. "I am not having alien cravings."

"Maria, did you see what you just did?" Michael pointed to her hands. "While you were so caught up in yelling at me... you rinsed with the water and drank the mouthwash. Your body wanted you to do that."]

Michael held her tight to him. If something was wrong, she wasn’t telling him.

Tess just watched all the little reunions in silence. They had all made it abundantly clear what they thought of her and what was left of their destiny. She didn't belong to anyone anymore. Valenti put a hand on her shoulder. "Let’s go home, Tess."

"Dad, I’m going to stick around to make sure everyone gets home okay." Kyle called.

"See you at home."

Max stood and took his son from Kyle. "You can go on home. Thanks for looking after them."

"No problem."

TBC
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 10 and Part 11

Post by DMartinez »

Hey Smac, that scene from second season will randomly run through my head and I just smile. "Get up, bitch." Hehe... I think I might be evil.

The Fate of Destiny Part 10

"I don’t know why I’m doing this but I promised Iz." Max shook his head. "She says this makes her feel better. I guess I could see how that would work. I... uh... brought a guest."

Max set down the carrier and sat next to it. He pulled the sleeping baby out and held it up.

"Meet Alexander Charles Whitman Jr. Um... your parents gave Iz permission to name him that. Funny how she always knew she was having a boy. She’s okay... she’s resting." Max sighed.

"My parents will kill me if they knew I was out here with the baby... they don’t even know he’s born yet. I had strict orders to bring him out here to... so I guess you could see him. I’m taking him over to your parents in the morning. Maggie’s in town... she lucked out I guess. She’ll be able to see him before she leaves again. She and Isabel haven’t been getting along." He put his nephew back into the carrier.

"We miss you, man. We all kinda tricked ourselves for a while. We said things we normally wouldn’t have... you know... leaving things wide open for one of your jokes."

["As it turns out... Milton just couldn’t say no to someone who had met ‘them.’" Max snickered.

"Well, Brody does have rank over Milton. I mean an abduction has to rate higher than a possible sighting." Alex nodded. "Didn’t you say that Milton thought he saw one?"

"He has a picture of himself as a child with what looks like an alien shadow in the background." Max rolled his eyes. "You know, the enlarged head and skinny body."

"You’re kidding." Alex laughed. "All that obsession over a picture? It could have been just film distortion. A smudge on the negative."

"Yeah..." Max fell silent.

"So... uh... you think Nasedo was in town when that picture was taken?" Alex leaned forward eagerly, his blue eyes dancing with laughter. Max rolled his eyes and shoved Alex into the wall.]

"I guess things are okay. Isabel thinks I don’t know when she cries at night. Did you know that she’s keeping up your website? I didn’t think she knew anything about computers. She kept up everything you already had, she put up a memorial page... and I think she’s going to add pictures of the baby." Max sniffed and coughed. "I’ll have to warn her not to of course, we have to remain anonymous. I’m trying to take care of her for you... I can’t though.

"She won’t talk to me. She keeps everything inside until she can come here and talk to you. Liz is helping though. They take care of Danny together. She teaches Iz what to do, how to change a pamper, how to bathe him, feed him, dress him, how to play with him and study at the same time.

"Liz gets upset sometimes. She has nightmares. She won’t tell me what they’re about but I think I know. Finding you must have traumatized her. By the time I got there... they had already cut you down and still... the image of you on the ground like that... it’s burned into my brain." Max wiped at his tears and shivered in the breeze. He put a hand over little Alex and created a blanket of warmth over him.

"Maria’s sick. She says she’s not but she is. I see it. Michael sees it. She won’t listen to anyone. I just wish I knew exactly what’s wrong with her. I feel so helpless. I’m the leader and I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve been scanning books. I enroll in large classes that don’t take roll. I find a friend, ask them to let me know when the tests are, only show up for the tests. I know it’s a waste of money but I’ve been working a second job in the afternoon, on the side, off the record. Liz doesn’t know. She’d kill me.

"I guess I’m gonna be a doctor. I just wish I didn’t have the threat of the Skins and the fate of an entire planet on my shoulders.

"Life wasn’t supposed to be this way. I was supposed to graduate, go to college, graduate, marry Liz, have a family and grow old with her or something.

"Instead... I’m working at the stockyard from four to eleven; I work at the cheese factory from twelve to five. I go home to my parents, wife, son and pregnant sister. My second child is going to be born in two months, from a ‘person’ that I can’t stand. I was almost killed a few days ago. I helped to kill a living thing." Max stopped himself. "I don’t like killing... anything. I gotta do what I gotta do."

Max turned when he heard an engine roaring towards the church. Michael jumped off his bike and ran over. "Grab Jr. and let’s go. Maria’s in labor."

The Fate of Destiny Part 11

Isabel opened her eyes. She saw Liz standing in the doorway with Danny. She smiled at her sister-in-law. "Liz... is Max back with Alex?"

"No... um... There’s been a change in plans. Maria went into labor." Liz bit her lip. "So Max went straight over there."

"But she’s not due for another month." Her face knotted up in confusion. Then it hit her. "It’s because she’s sick... isn’t it?"

"Max thinks so." Liz nodded slowly and kissed her son. "It’ll be okay. Max knows what he’s doing."

--

Kyle shoved Michael out of the bedroom. "Take care of Jr. over there. We’re busy in here."

"I should be in there with her." Michael protested.

"I know that you want to be but Max knows what he’s doing. Take care of the kid."

--

"Maria, you have to stay awake." Max ordered.

"I’m just so tired, Max." She murmured. "Get it out."

"That’s what I’m trying to do." He looked to Kyle.

"Hang in there, DeLuca." Kyle urged her on. "You’re the only one who can get through to that boyfriend of yours. If this kid is anything like him... we’re gonna need you around."

"It won’t be much longer, Maria. Just stay with us." Max nodded.

--

"Where is she?" Amy DeLuca burst into the apartment and spotted Michael holding a newborn. "Is that my grandchild?"

"No, this is Isabel’s. Maria’s having ours now." Michael shifted the baby carefully.

"It’s too soon for the baby to come." She accused him.

"I know that but it is coming." He glared at her. "Max is delivering my daughter now."

"Max?" Amy’s head snapped around. "Max Evans is delivering my grandchild? I do not think so."

She threw open the bedroom door. Max didn’t even flinch. "Push, Maria."

"Get away from my daughter. You are 19, you can’t deliver a baby." She yelled at him.

"This will be the third baby that I’ve delivered in the past four months, the second in the past 24 hours. Don’t worry about a thing. One more push, Maria." He said softly. Maria let out a scream as she expelled a daughter from her womb.

Max motioned for Michael to cut the cord. Michael handed Alex Jr. to Amy and did as he was told. Then Kyle took the baby to clean her up. Once done, the tiny girl was placed in Michael’s arms. {Wow.} Michael held her close against his chest. "Wow. Hey little girl. I guess I’m your dad. Let’s go meet mommy."

He waited until Max was completely finished with Maria before placing the tiny girl in her arms. Maria started crying. "She’s so beautiful Michael. What are we going to name her?"

"I thought we said we were naming her Emily." Michael kissed both his girls.

"Yeah, I guess it fits her." She lay back. "I’m so tired Michael."

"Rest. I’ll take her." He gave her one last kiss before picking up Emily. He turned to find Amy still standing in the doorway with the oddest expression on her face. "Would you like to hold her?"

"Huh?" Amy looked at him suddenly. "Um... yeah."

Max poked his head into the room, the carrier in his arms. "I’m heading back home. I gotta check on Isabel. I’ll be back early tomorrow to check on Maria."

"Later Max... and thanks." Michael nodded as he led Amy to a rocking chair.

"No problem. Just let her rest as long as she needs to. She’s looking kinda weak."

"Will do." He nodded to his best friend and went to Maria’s side. Gently he climbed onto the bed with her, wrapping an arm around her.

"Michael... why are you doing this?" Amy whispered.

"Doing what?" He let his eyes close a little.

"Taking care of her."

"I said I would and I am. I work two jobs to do it but I do it."

"Why?"

"I don’t have a family, Amy." Michael opened his eyes. "I’m an orphan, a system throw-away. I’ve been officially living on my own for three years but I’ve fended for myself most of my life.

"I have friends. Max and Isabel are the closest to family I have. Liz is like a sister to me. Alex was a brother. It’s still not the same. That baby is my flesh and blood. She and Maria are my family. I’d never let anything happen to either of them if I could help it.

"Emily Guerin doesn’t have to live like I did. I love them both already. I’d do anything to keep them." Michael looked down at Maria to find her looking back up at him with tears in her eyes. "I said it. I love you."

--

Kyle had stayed to make sure everyone was okay but no one even noticed he was there after Max left, so he went home.

"Where were you?" Tess asked from the dark of the living room.

"Maria had her baby." He answered.

"Oh." She closed her eyes. "You know, they shut you out too."

"But at least they trust me. I don’t even trust you." Kyle poured himself a shot of vodka. "I’ve helped to deliver their children. I’ve been the first person to hold all three of them."

"Three?"

"Yeah. Isabel had her baby this afternoon. Maria had hers just an hour ago. Alex Whitman Jr. and Emily Guerin." He downed the shot and looked down at his shirt. "I’m gonna change. I think I got placenta on my uniform."

"Max was there?" She called after him.

"He’s the resident alien obstetrician." Kyle shrugged. "He delivered both."

"Oh."

Kyle returned in a pair of sweats and a muscle shirt. He pointed to her huge stomach. "You talked to him about the kid yet?"

"What do you mean?"

"When it’s born... is it going live with the Evans or do I get the honor of been wakened in the middle of the night." He dropped to the floor to start in on some push-ups.

"I hadn’t thought about it." She sank back into her chair. "I guess I’ll keep it here."

"Is it a boy or girl?" Kyle asked between repetitions.

"I don’t know." She said softly. "Why?"

"Liz and Isabel were both always sure they were having boys. Michael just knew he was having a girl. So I ask. Is it a boy or girl?"

"I don’t know." She started tearing up. "What does that mean?"

--

"There’s my boy." Isabel’s face lit up when Max laid Alex Jr. next to her in bed. "Did you have a nice talk with Daddy? Did you?" Then she turned to her brother and his wife, sitting on the edge of her bed. "How’s Maria?"

"She had a little girl. Baby’s healthy. Emily Guerin." Max nodded.

"How’s Maria?" Isabel insisted.

"I’m worried. She lost almost all strength halfway through the delivery. She practically passed out afterwards. Iz, she looked so pale." He wrapped an arm around Liz. "I just hope that whatever’s wrong is something I can fix."

--

"Mom?" Maria sat up suddenly. She had known Michael was talking to someone but it had just occurred to her who.

"What?" Amy kissed her granddaughter’s little head. "You need something? Michael went to get you some water with lime."

"I just didn’t realize you were here." Maria lay back down. "You didn’t maim him did you?"

"No. Did you know he was going to take care of you?" Amy whispered with a smile. "I didn’t think he would but he did. He promised me and he did."

"If Michael bothers to make a promise he doesn’t break it." Maria smiled weakly. Tears suddenly stung her eyes. "I love you Mom. I’m sorry."

"It’s all okay. You have a beautiful daughter. She looks just like you did when you were a baby. Little brown curls and scrawny... but absolutely beautiful."

Michael returned with a mug and a glass of limewater. "Here. Soup."

"I’m not hungry."

"You didn’t eat today. It’s just chicken broth." He sat next to her and propped her up against the pillows. "Just drink a little. Keep up your strength."

"I’m fine, Michael. Really. I swear." Maria relented and drank some of the broth anyway. Michael fought back tears. He was ecstatic about his daughter and new bond with Amy but... Maria just looked so sick. He was going to call Max first thing in the morning.

TBC