Soccer World Cup Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

It's now 1-1! I hope France wins, but I kinda prefered Germany- Portugal as the final, but yeah! Maybe next time :D

xxx Ivy
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
anonymousarfan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by anonymousarfan »

Poison Ivy wrote:It's now 1-1! I hope France wins, but I kinda prefered Germany- Portugal as the final, but yeah! Maybe next time :D

xxx Ivy
Just kill me now!! I didn't see the time and I missed Shakira's performance and the first hour of the game!!!! Just......I can't believe myself, I can't believe I was so entrapped in this paper for my professor!! grrrr :twisted:

Off to watch what it's still left of the game!
anonymousarfan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by anonymousarfan »

I'm so mad at the audience right now!! They're "buuing" (what's the english word for whn someone whistles and shouts buuu???) the referee for the re card to Zidane, but they replay the ting here, and Zidane just went and hit the italian guy in the chest with his head, like he was the ball!!
I've got no idea what the italian guy said to him but that's not excuse!! Anyway, they explained here that this might not have been show on the screen in the stadium, so......
It's still a shame that this is the way he retires....
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

Congratulations to Italy!Congratulazione!

And congratulations to France too.Second ist still good and like Germany the French team improved a lot and exceeded all expectations and that´s something you can be proud of.

anonymousarfan- Yeah,that wasn´t the best retirement.And from his face you could read that he realized that on his own.He should have thought before...
mareli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mareli »

cookiely wrote:...As for tommorow I hope France wins.
For my taste italy cheated too much in this tournament (they are leadind the unfair play list ) and it would be really bad if the team that played the dirtiest won the cup
So

Allez les bleues
http://www.informationbuilders.co.uk/ontheball/wcuk.htm
I'm sorry I have to reply. I cannot see how you can say that Italy had the dirty play? :shock:

Take a look to the statistics... here
It feels right - it feels right like nothing has ever felt in my life before.

cookiely
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cookiely »

mareli wrote:
cookiely wrote:...As for tommorow I hope France wins.
For my taste italy cheated too much in this tournament (they are leadind the unfair play list ) and it would be really bad if the team that played the dirtiest won the cup
So

Allez les bleues
http://www.informationbuilders.co.uk/ontheball/wcuk.htm
I'm sorry I have to reply. I cannot see how you can say that Italy had the dirty play? :shock:

Take a look to the statistics... here

Sorry but imo Italy played dirty in the tournament. Ok they didn't have the most fouls but no other team dived more , they got at least two penaltys through diving and also there were a couple of scenes were italian players clutched their faces and pretended they were hit by an elbow even though there was no contact :? I just hate things like this. :? And is it just me or were there way more dives and pretends in this WC than were in the last? Not just by Italy but by every team. I sure hope the FIFA does something against it and gives divers (whose dive lead to a penalty) a red card after the match

However Italy did win fair yesterday
'm so mad at the audience right now!! They're "buuing" (what's the english word for whn someone whistles and shouts buuu???) the referee for the re card to Zidane, but they replay the ting here, and Zidane just went and hit the italian guy in the chest with his head, like he was the ball!!
I've got no idea what the italian guy said to him but that's not excuse!! Anyway, they explained here that this might not have been show on the screen in the stadium, so......
It's still a shame that this is the way he retires....

In defence of the audience, I don't think they saw the attack since the ball was in the other half of the field at the moment.

:( But what Zizou did was inexcusable :? you would think that a player with his age wouldn't be provoked that easily

:? and why did he knock with his head against the chest of the italian player?
:? Doesn't hurt that him more than it does the other guy?

:( I also was disappointed that both teams only played with one striker.

:D however..........
for people with humor out there

http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html :(