The Past Returns(UC/CC/Slash Adult) A/N 04/08/08 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by suicide_eagle_rath »

Races of Antar

Today are three main races on Antar the Royal, the Mayums and the Isusin. Each of these three races are then divided into a sections.

The original Royal race was those of the original Antar that Atarh brought with him. As centuries progressed, the term Royal was limited to only a select few. Today the only true Royals as those of the ‘House of Rath’ and the ‘House of Thardan’ and then only the King (of Antar or Kandahar) and his heirs are considered or called Royal.

The Royal race has two main sections, Royal and the lesser Royals. The lesser Royals are then divided further into three subsections: the Tristans, the Halendans, and the Jakfras, these three being named after the progenitor of that line. The difference between the last three is simply the amount of the pure Royal bloodline that still exists in their DNA makeup.

The Mayums are a cross between either the lesser Royal lines and the Isusin or the Karlins. The Mayums carried enough the Royal DNA to make themselves appear Antarian, yet there underlying structure is more fluid in nature.

Isusin are the original inhabitants of the planet when Atarh arrived and subdued them. They were a peaceful race, very submissive, easy for the Antarian powers to corrupt and place under their control.

The Isusin are also divided into two groups, those stilled called Isusin and the Karlins. The Karlins are a hybrid of an ancient alien race that visited the planet in its early stages of development and left seeds of their DNA. They are more violet that the Isusin and have free will in their makeup. Although they too can be control, especially by the Royals though a simple command, they are more devious and cannot be trusted.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

His Imperial Royal Highness King Zandanathar

King Zandanathar (Zan) King of Antar. Mother Noraya, Queen of Antar of the House of Paruth. Father Adair King of Antar of the House of Thardan.

Husband of Tellydine, deceased, Royal Princess of Kandahar daughter of King Pondather and Queen Olathia of Kandahar.

Husband of Ava, deceased Princess of Malik, daughter of Queen Halula and King Olec of Malik. No heirs.
----------------

Zan was raised Royal; his life is one of unimaginable wealth, absolute power, worshipped as the ultimate figure in the galaxy. He is truly unaware of the common way of life or even of the military. He is naturally gracious and calm under fire in the council chambers as well on the dance floor during royal events. In public, he is very trim and proper, known for his good nature and pleasant personality. In public, he appears shy, respective, and humble, an act that he propagated very well.

Those who know him in the place though have seen the different sides of Zan. He is often referred to, out of hearing range of course, as an arrogant selfish bastard who thinks of no one but himself first, not even his kingdom. He is quick temper prone to striking first; he is moody, sometimes brooding for days on end. He suffers from many tragedies early in his life, including the death of his mother when he is but an infant.

He loves his half-sister Vilandra and his stepmother as his own mother. His relationship with his father is good. He marries young in life to Tellydine, a great beauty, the marriage arranged. Their marriage suffers a great disaster, one that affects his life for years afterward. He also takes a second wife Ava, as an heir was needed. Just before his death, he takes many more wives to solidify political ties, but none of these would produce acceptable heirs

He falls in love with TellymonRath who becomes his Second in Command and his confident. Theirs is a tumultuous life together complicated by two very strong willed individuals and various personality and psychological problems that they both suffer from. His bound to Tellymon is kept a secret although it is well known around Antar that Tellymon does not stray far form his bed or vice versa.

His death occurs in the heat of battle, killed the hands of Ki’var’s henchman. His last action becomes a legend spoken about the hearth and fires on Antar today.
Last edited by suicide_eagle_rath on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Her Imperial Royal Highness Princess Vilandra

Vilandra, Imperial Princess of Antar. Mother Elsiya Queen of Antar of the House of Sathen. Father Adair King of Antar of the House of Thardan.

Wife of TellymonRath Crown Prince of Kandahar, son of King Pondather and Queen Sabura of Kandahar.

Mother of Princesses Poshar, Azzal, Danzi, Solidawn and of Prince Sandal, all were believed to be deceased

-------------------

Vilandra also grew up as a privilege royal, not just any royal but of the ‘House of Thardan’, her father was king of the whole planet not just a single country. Her place in the royal lineage is that to be a wife to the next King of Kandahar or if no heirs are produced from her brother, the future Queen of Antar, through virtue of her marriage to the ‘House of Rath’.

She is an incredibly beautiful woman, tall, fair complexion, the skin in an ivory hue, extremely long thick blonde hair. Her eyes are coal black of Thardan with blue sparks that shoot outwards especially when she is angered. She can be a dreadful tease, especially around single young men, and has been known to flirt on more than one occasion.

She is well educated in the social arts, public relations, diplomacy, literature, music and art, all the qualities a future King would expect. She was promised at her birth to the first born of the House of Rath, that being Trusein.

She gains the reputation of being aloof, selfish, demanding, cold, heatless, giving rise to the title “ice princess”. Her anger is quick, her actions unpredictable.

Through a series of misfortunes, she is finally married to TellymonRath. Her marriage to him far exceeds her expectations, as he allows her equality, unparalleled in Antarian Royal Society, a vast amount of freedom to pursue her own dreams; he gives full run of the ‘House of Rath’, voting, monetarily, and executively. She excelled at management of the ‘House of Rath’ tripling its holdings, wealth, and the number of loyal “tribes”.

She is extremely jealous of Zan and his connection to Rath; in fact, she interferes on numerous occasions. She is self-conscious, never completely secure in her marriage. Eventually she is won over and concedes to having children, although she makes sure they are all girls, for she fears Tellymon will leave her or take another wife once she produces an heir for the throne.

She dies when she poisons TellymonRath with a kiss.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

His Royal Highness Crown Price TellymonRath

TellymonRath, Royal Crown Prince of Kandahar, Mother Sabura, Queen of Kandahar of the House of Jaffram. Father Pondather King of Kandahar of the House of Rath.

Husband of Vilandra, Imperial Princess of Antar daughter of Queen Elsiya and King Adair of Antar.

Father of Princesses Poshar, Azzal, Danzi, Solidawn all were believed to be deceased

--------------------

TellymonRath the last of the Royals to be born. He is raised separately from the palace in what was to be a secured location. He comes to the palace in his teens. He befriends Zan almost immediately but never shares all the knowledge or information his has abut his powers or abilities with Zan. He becomes the only one Zan trusts, as Rath is more concern who Zan is inside and not just the public face. He helps Zan to conquer a problem that plagued him for years. He becomes close to Vilandra, winning her love, by watching and learning what she secret dreams and goals she had.

TellymonRath is as opposite to Zan as water is to sand. While they are both tall, extremely handsome, fair completion, and quick tempered the similarities end there. Rath has platinum blonde hair that has a slight tinge of silver to it. He keeps it long, although one side has braids with gold beads representing battles he has won. In opposition, Zan’s hair is as black as a raven with a bluish iridescent cast. Where as Tellymon’s eyes were the liquid silver color of hematite, they flowed like mercury when aroused and flash death when infuriated; Zan eyes were the coal blackness of a King that could flash fire when angered.

Where as Tellymon was serious, stoic in his demeanor in public or private, Zan was more carefree when the mask of the Crown was removed. Where as Tellymon yearned and lived for battles, Zan preferred the genteel life. When Zan can be found ion the royal harem enjoying the pursuit of the flesh, Tellymon could be found in the library feeding his soul. They are opposites yet they are the same, together they make a whole, separate they are at odds with each other. Their fights in the palace are legendary, causing the very fabric of Antarian society wane and wax with Zan and Rath’s moods.

TellymonRath’s real personality can never truly be deduced, he suffers from a series pf psychological problems, set deep in his childhood. One minute he may be relaxed and feeling free, almost child like and then the next he is cold, evil, his heart fallen away.

Tellymon only marries once to Vilandra, there is a marriage that is rocky but finds a firm foundation at the end. He is bounded to Zan and in the end acknowledges that bound.

Tellymon is the last to die, poisoned by Vilandra.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 2: Section 1: Chapter 1: Part 1 of 1

The Past Returns: Book Two of the Chronicles of Antar
Section 1: Death and the Royalty Of Antar
Chapter 1: Prequel, Sequel, Past, Present
~ Prologue ~

“The demon in your mind will rape you in your bed at night. The wisdom of ages the lies and outrages concealed. Time it waits for no man. My future is revealed Time it waits for no man. My fate is sealed” Only The Good Die Young by Iron Maiden

<center>
“Fuck! I am living on borrowed time; waiting for the pellet to drop”

“Damned, I am damned and never knew it.”
“Next time I will wake you with a kiss.”
“A penny, Max you do not want to know what is on my mind”
“I want vindication for my actions.”
"I wasn't asking for your approval or vote."
“even lose my life as Max.”

“I am so tired of Max, so fucking tired of him”
“I want to know what is happening but I am not controlling.”
“'Everything Michael does is impulsive, fast, volatile, unpredictable.”
“I was tired of being the victim”
“That is debatable at this point”
“because you as a friend SUCK”

“sacrificial lamb for a human that did not even know you existed”
“Hot monkey sex?”
“Only as bad as you are.”
“Being cautious was one thing but being fuckin’ paranoid is another.”
“You are nothing but a human that fearless leader there is sleeping with.”
“Oh my God, you found Michael-land,”

“I was perfection in Roswell.”
“It was your essence that I felt strong, powerful, unyielding.”
“I think I am losing my sanity some days.”
“I don’t bite Maxwell, well at least not hard.”
“Please Zan stay here…I have felt so vacant for so long.”
“Can’t go anywhere without the wolf pack on your heels.”

“Hey, I am naked…Any ideas?”
“No it couldn’t be. No! No! NO!”
“Is that what you want? Me to bow down to you as a servant.”
“Wow!...This is different!”
“Do you love Michael?”
“So where is your protector, defender, guardian, champion, lover?”

“I will fuck who I want when I want, and that mister is not you”
“Gods of stone do not make worlds, nor warriors, nor Kings.”
“You need a hair cut.”
“That is why you can never leave Vilandra, why you tied to her.
Max and I were lovers; are lovers.
“I swear I will have to jump off the nearest bridge.”

“TellymonRath…that was my name.”
“God grow a spine Valenti
“I am certain if I am to survive, I need all three.”
"Well, actually Maria and I... got married,
“You bastard, I will kill her”
“I am no longer afraid of Rath”

“Kandahar frowns upon the disobedience of the law, even from their Prince.”
“God I do not believe I am having this discussion with myself”
“I am thinking about fucking Max, shit have things changed.”
“If you are not, I will kill the bastard. Whoever it is.”
“I could have sworn I heard Michael scream,”
“What do you want to do Isabel forget this ever happened?”

“No, we have them all fooled even Zan, my dear Vilandra.”
“Fuck I always like you in fur
“was no doppelganger or your dupe. It was you Michael,”
“Understand? What? That you are a two timing unfaithful dog.”
“So whose cock did he use his or yours?”
“I am not the one fucking Isabel day and night!”

“Husband? What the hell did you say?”
“Max do something about your sister
“Figured she needed to calm down.”
“I will rip your heart out and shove it, still beating, down your throat.”
“And which wife would that be Michael?”
“No one has ever committed adultery on you. Have they?”

“Did you expect her … be happy you are sleeping with two women?”
“One more fucking word and I will drive your skill full of nails.”
“Just a little insurance,”
“Did you fucking drug me?”
“Tell me Rath how did it feel to have Tran’s lips on your hard cock”
“Answer me! Did you enjoy him?”

“Now again why did you have an affair.”
“Please Zan, I am sorry I will never do it again, just let me go.”
“His is alive, Isabel, barely, his pulse is very weak.”
“No no Jalan please stop I won’t do it again.”
Who the hell do you think raped him? The Avon Lady?
“I am so sorry Maria for everything. I am so sorry,”

“You mean he’s nuts?”
“We are not going to have sex are we?”
“Why does my name sound funny? Like Maria is any prize of a name on Antar.”
‘Well that was lesson four How to Shut Michael Up,’
“Why would Michael need lubrication there when we are making love.”
“lalalalalalalalal..”

“Maria grow up. You wanted a relationship with Michael.”
“I am sharing my husband with another wife and my brother.”
“No why should anything bother me.”
“Oh the feeling of absolute power, dominance, godlike abilities?”
You can blow, suck, play the high five game with him.”
“Oh My God I can fly.”

“I should have killed you that day.”
“You are a liar, a no good betrayer. “
“You killed us on Antar; it had to be you not Ki’var.”
“You are the enemy you have proved it today.”
“I disown you; I never want to see your face again,”
“I hate you.”

“Leave for a few months and they go 5-O down your ass.”
“Is it true, are you my son TellymonRath?”
“Is there an heir to the throne of Antar?”
“What about your duty as a father? You left us in the hands of traitors.”
“This, my child, is your father, the great Warrior Prince TellymonRath. “
“Remember his death; we are fortunate they all live again.”

“Daddy? …He looks different.”
“No, I want my mommy? Daddy!”
“It is time for your three to return home.”
”It is time to take up the battle cry…lead our armies into victory.”
“do not make the same mistakes that I did. I am getting old”
“I have no home, never did.”

“Philip did you see that, he disappeared.”
“What? My mother as in alien? Home as in Antar?”
“Oh no! You and Maria, me and you.”
“I cannot remember them; I have idea of their names, births, or anything.”
“grandmother of those beautiful girls.”
“Home. We are going home.”

“But I did not rape him,”
Michael’s shell is there but not him inside,”
“she would be executed immediately,”
“the road is good, the road is calm, and the road does not have sex.”
“OH NO…you two. Stop this right now.”
“with no Michaelsicle around”

“These aliens are enough to give Buddha hives.”
“Zan also hurt me,”
“Why you stay with an abuser. Did not you have a way out?”
“Don’t you think they will grieve?”
“You are full of shit TellymonRath!”
“You punished Michael for something Tellymon did in another life.”

“I learned so much when I died.”
“Michael is going to commit suicide because of what you did.”
“What! Even humans are now telling me, the King of Antar, how to act?”
“He was coming home, looking for someone to help him,”
“You will always be my Isabel no matter what happens?”
“butt my big nose out of her and Michael’s business.”

“I was hoping more of Max would return and not you Zan“
“I told you before never to touch Vilandra, I meant it.”
“Like flipping channels isn’t it?”
“Have you even tried to speak English?”
Zandanathar.”
“if I want to take the throne of Antar I will.”

“Duke yah are turning into one fucking scary alien.” Michael’s
get smarts dis time round. Kill Zan before he kills yah.”
“Yeah. Your sorry. Heard that a lot lately, means nothing.”
“Do you think I will kill you like Rath said?”
“No, I feel vacant without you, a void, I don’t like that feeling. I want you back.”
“Wonder if they have gay Antarians?”

“No you are no King, you are not Zan. You will never be a King like he was.”
“you will never be that great warrior. You do not have what it takes.”
“Afraid that someone will think Max Evans is not the straight lace human.”
“Please Michael you are scaring me.I do not want lose you.”
“It was me.”
“You bastard, do you have any idea of the damaged you done?”

“It is not his fault; it is a part of who we are.”
“No Kyle it will be never be fixed,”
“Swear to me you will make sure Max, Isabel, and Maria are taken care of.”
“You killed him.’’
“How could you are my brother, my blood, how could you kill him?”
“Noo!”

Quotes above are from Book One: Gone But Not Forgotten
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 2: Section 1: Chapter 2: Part 1 of 3

Section 1: Death and the Royalty of Antar
Chapter 2: What have I done?
~ Death Has Returned To The Royalty Of Antar~

Timeline: The Same Day

“I look inside myself and see my heart is black. I see my red door and it has been painted black. Maybe then I’ll fade away and not have to face the facts. It’s not easy facin’ up when your whole world is black.” “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones

All eyes were glued on Max as he revealed the gun in his hand. Everyone looked to the other, as Jim received the deadly weapon; something that he owned came so close to claiming the life of a confused young man.

The room was silent as each person tried to find the words that were in his or hers mind. At first, no one noticed Michael clutch his head in pain as he slowly dropped to his knees sobbing.

Max turned as saw Michael as if in slow motion, the nightmare that haunted him was real. “What Have I done?” Max approached Michael and knelt down gathering him in his arms. He felt his shirt wet form the tears, “What have I done?” he repeated over and over. The in control Max who always had the situation covered was no longer in control, he cold not fix what he himself caused.

Taking a deep breath he lifted up Michael’s chin, “I am responsible; I am the one who did this to him.”

Those words verberated throughout the room. Liz sunk into a chair as she prayed it was not what she was thinking. Kyle and Maria stared at each other, knowing what the other was thinking.

“What do you mean Max?” questioned Isabel, she had a bad feeling; she gripped the back of a dinning room chair. She felt faint from the impeding answer.

“I did it Isabel,” Max had his head down; you could hear the guilt in his voice as he choke on the words. “It was me.”

Those words shock the very hearts and souls of the relatives and friends tat surrounded Max. It was clear what he had meant, no one could fathom that Max of all people committed such a brutal atrocity.

Maria saw Max rise to face Isabel as he began to speak; she moved over and took the shaking figure into her arms. Stroking his back and whispering into his eyes, she tried to calm him, to make him feel wanted and loved.

“Isabel… I don’t know what happened…” Max started walking to her. “It was me, I don’t what happened. I was angry.” Max came face to face with his sister, her eyes narrowed as they looked at him. He lowered his eyes; he could not stand to see the hatred that her eyes would show.

“I remembered things from the past. Things he had done.” Max rubbed his neck, his eyes still downcast. “He betrayed my love, our bound” Max was shifting as he talked his voice was heightened. “A rage built up in me.”

“MAX!” Isabel wrapped her arms around herself; she felt coldness settle into her very soul. “No Max please said it is no so,” she begged her brother.

Max knew he had to continue to confess what was he had done. “He came home early; I was so into revenge, I kept seeing over and over the bedroom, him …” Max broke off he was shaking visibly. “I drugged him and then hit him across the head to drop him. While he was out I tied him up.”

Isabel’s knees gave out as she collapsed in the chair. She felt faint as she placed her head between her legs

Diane came over and rested a hand on her back. She could not even begin to understand what has happened with her son, but she could tell this was affecting Isabel greatly. She massaged her shoulders, which were shaking, from her quiet sobs.

Kyle was also affected; he had seen visions from those bloody ropes. He had walked in and seen the damage, a vision that he would take to the grave. He was the one who first checked for a heartbeat pulse and could feel the terror and fear in Michael when he touched the pulse point on his neck. “Max how did you keep Michael subdued when he came around?” Kyle came off the sofa he wanted to know, Max had to have done something to Michael to immobilize him. “I saw Michael and the aftermath he never would have allowed you to do that to him without a fight.”

Max turned and looked at Michael who was still on the floor. He knew what he had done was horrible, the worst thing he could have done. “I use the only method that works against him,” mumbled Max.

Isabel could not believe what she had heard; Vilandra immediately interfered as she remembered the only weapon that was effective against Michael. “No Max you didn’t.” Isabel looked at her brother shaking her head, “Please tell me you did not.” Her eyes turned black as fire flashed from them.

Max wiped his hand across his face and lips, “I sent a bolt up through his spinal cord, sealing his powers off.”

“What?” asked a puzzled Kyle, “What does that mean?” He looked at Isabel for an explanation.

“He exploded his blood vessels and then fried his brain.” Isabel had tears streaming own her face, Vilandra was now in full control and she could feel the fury in her heart.

Isabel’s words tore like a hot poker through Philip as he examined his son, the son he had taught to be loving and kind. ‘How could he be so ruthless?’

“It was the only way to keep him powerless.” Max was pacing as he found a way to explain his actions. “They came back didn’t they,” replied a flippant Max. “It not like he suffered is it.”

Isabel grabbed her stomach she felt as though she was going to lose it any second.

Kyle was the first to stand the obvious, the one phrase that the room was scared to hear. “You raped him Max, why?” Kyle yelled out his hands washed over his face. “How could you be so cruel?” The vase next to the table where he was standing exploding, drawing everyone’s attention in his direction.

Liz felt like she had been slapped across the face with a cement glove. Her husband, the one she thought she knew so well was a rapist he attacked Michael. She felt her knees buckle as her father stepped up behind her and held her from falling.

Max could see the disgust in his parent’s faces; those of the other were just as shocked. “I did not even remember until the next day when I got those flashes of horrible atrocities.”

“Max you did it?” Isabel could not believe the words. The words were so hard for her form on her lips. “You did the rape.”

“I swear I am so sorry.” Max leaned against the back of the sofa with his hands, looking out the window into the street beyond, the park where so many times he saw Michael watching their house. His knees felt week, so much were going through his mind, so much pressure released; so much pressure building.

Maria heard the words go in one ear and out the other. She was concentrating on Michael than she did not have time for the words to sink in and to evaluate what she now knew was the truth.

The pain in Michel’s head began to radiate outwards, increasing in magnitude with each passing minute. His legs were weak; he could not feel his right hand. Maria felt Michael dropped heavily into her arms.

“Are you alright baby?” she whispered.

He nodded, yes, the pain was great, he could barely move. He knew there was something wrong, no longer could he feel his right arm or side.

“Maria,” he whispered, “remember I always loved you. I am so sorry.”

“Shhh be quiet it’s all right.” She cooed back

Jim was surprised when the vase broke next to Kyle, he could actually feel the power radiated off Kyle, the anger and fury at Max. Kyle was also startled when the vase broke, he felt himself getting angry and not wanting to face Max anymore he headed towards Maria. He could see Michael was leaning heavily against her, As Kyle knelt down to help, Maria let go and stood up. “Hey man it is okay, whispered Kyle as he held Michael close.

Maria was now on the move. She set her sights on Max there was cold blood in her eyes. “I saw what you did to him.” She closed her eyes; tears were streaming down her face. “Isabel and I were the ones who first saw Michael.” She was shaking as she walked unsteady towards Max, closing in for the kill. You are an animal Max Evans a vicious crowdedly animal.

Maria was opening crying, she poked a manicured red nail into his chest, as if trying to stab his heart, “You left him there bleeding, his wrists were bleeding, he could have died, NO! He almost died” Maria was up in Max’s face, poking him harder with those red nails. “You bastard, do you have any idea of the damaged you done?”

Liz had curled into her fathers arms watching as Maria openly attacked her husband, she was at a lost for words. One side of her told that she was to obey Max and whatever he did was okay, since he was the King. However, this was wrong, that idea was wrong. Max was wrong, the king was wrong

“Kyle!” Michael grabbed his T-shirt balling in up in his left fist. “Do not blame Max he cannot control it, the rage is in both of us. Please don’t let anyone blame him, swear that to me.”

“Michael?” Kyle looked down at him; he could feel pain as it came off him in waves.

“Kyle!”

“Okay No one will blame Max.” Kyle could see Michael was stressed out so he went along with him to soothe his fears.

“It is not his fault; it is a part of who we are.”

Kyle watched as Michael’s eyes turned to silver and his hair grew blonder then he started to shake and tremble. Trying to calm and sooth Michael, Kyle began to stroked the silver tresses, they were so soft. “Calm down Michael everything will be upset.” Something was wrong Kyle could feel it in his bones.

“Kyle, promise me you will make sure the girls are taken care of.”

“Michael it will be okay they are going to stop yelling soon and all this will be fixed.”

“No Kyle it will be never be fixed,”

Suddenly an intense sharp pain shattered through Michael’s again, he could no longer focus his eyes, images were blurry, he felt his heart skip a beat. He knew it was over.

“Swear to me you will make sure Max, Isabel, and Maria are taken care of.”

“Sure Michael anything, you need to rest, calm down.” Kyle gave him a pat on the back when suddenly Michael slumped forwards. Michael let out a final breath as his fist relaxed and fabric he was clutching at. Kyle felt Michael slump and then nothing. “Hey Michael,” Kyle gave him a gentle shake. Michael was limp; his head flopped back and forth. Shaking him harder Kyle began to panic. “DAD!” Kyle screamed. “MAX!” Jim turned around to see Michael limp in Kyle’s arms.

“Michael?” Jim yelled, “Michael!” He grabbed him out of Kyle’s arms and laid him down checking for a pulse. “MAX!” Jim yelled as he began chest compressions. “MAX.”

Max heard his name as he looked in the direction of the parents who had turned their attention to Jim. Jeff seeing what Jim was doing leaped over a footstool and positioned Michael’s head for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. There was no breath, he tiled up Michael’s neck to apply the short breaths in cooperation with Jim’s chest compressions.

Max turned looking all around until Michael lying on the ground caught his attention. He was so still, so pale, his lips were tinged blue. “What the...” Max felt as though he was moving like a tortoise, it took forever to reach him.

Moving Jim’s hand aside Max covered the King’s scar with his own, he concentrating on emitting the healing glow. He felt nothing, no life, no heartbeat, no connection. All he felt was the same coldness when he himself had died. His face told the story as he look ed with terror on the corpse before him. “No it can’t be,” Max was visibly shaking as he stood up. “There is no Michael. There is nothing.” Max kept backing up right over the footstool as he landed on his back motionless.

“No!” Isabel screamed a banshee yell as her soul was pierced by Max’s words. The pain she felt was so intense it led out of her body in ever-increasing waves, until it reached the limit and then slingshot back inside her body.

Isabel collapsed on the carpet next to Jeff as she placed her hands on each side of Michael’s temples; she closed her eyes and sought for the entrance that was available only to her. The path was closed; there was nothing but blackness, coldness, death. She felt the cold ness begin to infiltrate her, to take her soul also. Michael was no longer there. Isabel’s face spoke the truth as she started to shake and cry hysterically.

Max rose from the carpet where he had fallen; he saw the look in his sister’s coal black eyes, the eyes of an enemy, the eyes of death, the eyes of revenge.

“You killed him.’’

“No Isabel I did not mean to.”

Isabel rose as she stood over her husband’s dead body, she looked at him so white, his lips were blue, his eyes closed as if asleep. “You killed my husband!” Facing Max she held her hand up palm out as it began to glow white, “How could you are my brother, my blood, how could you kill him?”

“Isabel! No!” Max felt the blast hit him square in the chest; he went flying through the air. Maria, Liz, and Kyle watched in shock as Isabel prepared to kill Max, their feet were rooted to the ground. The parents though were quick to react as Philip and Jim grabbed Isabel as they wrestled to drop her arm down.

Max shook his head, the blast had burned his flesh, he looked at his chest as the blood seep onto his shirt. He stared at Isabel, never before had she attacked him, not even as Vilandra. She had a murderous look on her face as she kept screaming that he had killed Michael. Max stood in place not knowing what to do, not in control, he had always been in control.

Maria had collapsed into her mother’s arms when Max failed to heal Michael, Liz went to her as they rocked back and forth on the floor sobbing uncontrollably.

Nancy reached a blanket on the sofa and handed it to Jeff to place over Michael. Max watched in horror as they covered Michael’s face.

“Nooooo!” he screamed as he threw himself onto Michael’s corpse.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 2: Section 1: Chapter 2: Part 2 of 3

~ The Dead Zone ~

“And in my heart many wishes are crying. Living and dying. In the house of darkness there's a magic stone,” "Living and Dying” by The Scorpions

Max fell upon Michael, “No you cannot die. I cannot lose you.” He placed his hand again on Michael’s chest and concentrated hard still nothing. Max knew he was incapable of bringing back the dead, but he could not give up hope.

Isabel was still screaming behind him, he looked over and saw Maria in hysterics, Liz and Kyle were devastated, in shock over what they just saw, a friend of theirs had died. The parents were in a state of confusion, Philip and Jim still had a hold of Isabel, no one dared approach Max as he clutched onto Michael’s body.

What was unknown to them all was the dead only appeared dead, a safety mechanism learned long ago in the dark arts, those arts that Zan had forbidden Tellymon to practice. Those arts that he had continued, right up until the day he died, those arts that now keep him in a zone of neither alive nor dead. A plane of coldness, a plane where those who walk the dark waters were dammed, their souls lost forever.

Tellymon walked deep in those waters, he practiced his art often and in secret. He used it to make Antar the greatest military forced that was ever known, he used in protecting Zan and into turning himself into a warrior that none could rival.

He had learned with extensive mind conditioning and control that a warrior could remain connected to the world of the living by a thin hairline silver thread, extremely fragile. This thread would only last a few minutes, after that his connection to life would be lost and if he is unable to continue the path to redemption he is damned for eternity in the place of blackness.

Michael found himself standing on the sword, his feet cut deeply into the blade, behind the silver thread waved upon the unseen wind, threatening to break at a moments notice. In front of him was no redemptions, only the black waters of death, a death he deserved, a death he was consigned to.

He needed power to return to the living, power he found was blocked still by his damaged brain, he tried to access that power keep deep with his brain cortex, far from the reach of Zan’s probing and Vilandra’s strolls though his unconscious.

Max was desperate, Michael was so cold, he could smell death in the air, as it stifled him, suffocating his senses. With one last push he opened up his mind, he let the darkness that Tellymon controlled to take him to draw him also into the plain of death.

Max took one deep last breath, his head dropped silently onto Michael’s chest; he was still, so very still.

The room was chaotic; everyone’s attention was drawn back and forth between Isabel’s screaming Maria’s hysterical crying fit, and Kyle who was pacing insanely back and forth.

Diane was the first to notice that Max was very quiet. He laid on top of Michael, his head on his chest, his hand still on the scar, his legs straddling the lower waist, his knees bent, his feet curled back on top of Michael’s knees. His face was calm, his eyes closed.

“Max?” whispered Diane as she approached; her feet stumbled unwilling to discover what she feared. Isabel stopped when she saw her mother and stared at Max. Philip and Jim let go of her arms as she collapsed onto the floor.

Philip gingerly approached his son, “Max?” he yelled a little louder, “Max?”

No reaction nothing, Max was so white, so cold looking.

As he close in on the bodies, within only a few inches away, Philip reached out to touch when suddenly a flame came up and encircled both Michael and Max. Unlike a flame of hell, a flame of fire, a flame of holocaust, this was the flame of coldness, the flame of death, the flame of limbo, the flame of torment soul. The blue tongues lapped up as they grew higher forcing Philip backward. The room suddenly grew colder as the blue flames consumed the warmth of life from the air.

“Philip the fire,” Dane shrieked as she grabbed for Isabel to pull her to safety.

Jim gabbed for a blanket as Jeff followed suit and they tried to beat down the flames, but they only grew in intensity as it threatened to consume the boys. The room continued to grow cold, as if they had entered every bowels of death itself.

Max found himself in the blackness, a never-ending sea there was no one there. In the distance, he heard a voice speaking sedately, an old voice, a voice from the past.

The words were ancient, from the old tongue, the Royal tongue. He listened as they grew in intensity it was Michael. Max followed the voice but he never got closer, any direction he went in he failed the voice remained in the distance. The voice continued chanting, chanting the ancient prayer of redemption, the prayer of a warrior in battle, the prayer for power.

Zan had heard the words many times as Max dropped to his knees as he repeated the words, he began to chant the ancient ode.

• O Ancients, Lord of All, Great and Eternal King of Kings

Lord of All that is Good and Just I beseech you to grant me the power of absolution, the sword of justice, the hand the swift, the mind of the solid.

I beg that you take pity upon my soul and deliver me from all my enemies, visible and invisible.

King of Kings I am but a slave, a servant, dust beneath they feet, in your realm, I have served you as the vanquisher of demons, the conqueror of evil, the spreader of your justice, the reader of your holy words. Guide my mind to suppress all my combatants as I disperse them like dust before the wind.

O Ancients Keeper of Wisdom, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Creator, guide me to heal all offenses, sorrows and woes, to seal the desert, to stand upon the crossroads, transverse safety upon the seas of darkness.

Deliver me, O Ancient Lord of Lords, from the temptation of the darkness that calls to me, that bears witness to my name , that threatens my existence, hasten to me My King, My Lord, My Creator, heed my wounds, hear my prayer.

O Great Lord of the Universe, I humble myself before thee, I am your slave. I serve thee to vanish all those who would entreat thy holy name and cast stones and blood to your alter of peace and justice.

I beg your forgiveness, I beseech your kindness, I am yours to command to death or to life.

Slowly the voice began to dim, as Max found himself sinking down into the black sludge of darkness.

Diane was screaming, Philip tired to throw himself into the flame midst only to be beaten back repeatedly. Isabel went berserk as Jim desperately tried to hold her back as she tied to enter the flames. The room was so cold, their breath held in the air like a fog. Maria was in a trance as she pushed Liz and her mother away walking to the flames, as if she was trying to commit sati. Nancy saw Maria from the side almost ready to enter the fire, she screamed at Jeff as he dove over and threw her to the ground under him. Her eyes were glazed over, the terror she has witnessed was more than she could handle.

Not one person was unaffected as they all stood there watching the flames, they could no longer see the bodies. The screams and cries were paramount. The flames grew higher and closed in as it consumed Max and Michael, their bodies were in the midst of its power; none could enter or claim them. From where there was one dead, now two lie.
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 2: Section 1: Chapter 2: Part 3 of 3

~ Molecular Life ~

“Cause I might not make it back. I've been everywhere. Still I'm standing in time. I've been a million places.” “Dead Or Alive” by Bon Jovi

The room was cold, death lingered in the air as the screams and crying of the living filled the ears.

“No, no no!” wailed Isabel repeatedly as if she was a needle suck on an old vinyl LP. She was clutching to her mother who was herself weeping uncontrollably. Philip looked at the fire, he was at a lost for a solution, finally he turned and gathered up his daughter and wife in his arms as he held them.

Maria was in shock as Jeff held her down; she replayed the scene in her mind each time the outcome was the same they were both lying on the floor dead.

Nancy had gathered Liz into her arms, her daughter was a widow at such a young age, and how this was going to affect her life. She could not help but think of the future, what was done was done; no one could change the outcome.

Jim grabbed his son and held him tight, he never felt closer to Kyle than he did at that moment. Kyle was crying in the crook of his father’s neck; he could not believe that Michael died in his arms. He felt so cold, so void of life.

Everyone had turned away from the bodies; they no longer could bare the sight. After a few seconds, Jim looked up to see if the flames had spread. Instead, they appeared to have receded.

“Philip, Diane, look!” he yelled.

As the parents turned to the fire, the tongues had considerable toned down. They could still see Max and Michael’s body in the center. They appeared to be unaffected by the fire. Within a few very long seconds, the flames had died down as the room once again began to feel the warmth of life.

“Max?” yelled Philip, “Max?” Once again, Philip approached Max only to get within inches to be repelled back, not by flames this time but in shock.

Starting where his hand lay upon Michael’s chest he began to dissolve. Slowly inch by inch, his body deteriorated into thousands of small spherical blue orbs, congealed together circling each other in by a colorless adhesion. Within seconds, Michael’s body had done the same, except this time the spheres were black and motionless. From a distance, their bodies appeared solid, but up close, one could see the small dots like a pointillist painting.

The chaotic atmosphere turned eerily silent as they watched the metamorphosis take place. Isabel eyes were glue to the scene, she struggled away from her parents and edged in closer, she could see the little atom like sphere in constant motion within Max’s body, but in Michael, there they were still, motionless as death itself is motionless.

Once both bodies had become jelly masses, the border, which separated the two, disintegrated as Max melted into Michael. Before long the two bodies were nothing but one large conglomeration of spheres, as the two colors began to pair off; they were two by two as if Noah himself had prescribe the method.

The active blue spheres were circling the black ones like whirling dervishes as they danced. Then as if the music stopped, each blue sphere swallowed whole a black sphere. Within minutes there were only blue spheres let in a blob form on the floor. The mass began to glow with a bluish tinge, soon that grew brighter and brighter until a brilliant white absorbed the room. Those observing this incident shield their eyes from the onslaught of power, emitted in a harmless light band.

The light dissipated as quickly as it had begun. The blob on the floor began to move, it quake and shivered into life. The blob expanded as it double, the tripled in size. The surface began to ripple as though someone had thrown a stone into the liquid mass.

The ripples began to spin as they caused a vortex that climb upwards, the blob started to take on a shape. The spheres became densely pack as the form became clear. Isabel gasped she recognized the figure before her, “Atarh,” she whispered.

The figure was soon as solid as any man could be, he was tall, with the broad shoulders and narrow hips of a warrior; his platinum blond hair fell long down his back, one side braided with each braid covered in gold beads. When he opened his eyes to survey the area, his eyes were the color of dark silver. He was dressed in black, a flowing black robe covered him, on the back in silver was a strange symbol representative of the House of Rath.

“Haperi seay wi?” the figure spoke in the Ancient Royal tongue of Antar.

Everyone just looked at each other and shrugged. Then they all turned to Isabel. “We do not understand,” answered Isabel meekly, she was terrified, the stories Vilandra had heard were true.

The figure nodded and was motionless as if in deep thought. “What caused me to be brought into being?” the deep resonating voice erupted.

“I do not know,” Isabel’s voice shook, “You appeared when Zan and Rath died.”

“Zan? Rath?” He shook his head slowly, “ZandoRath dead? No my son lives.” Atarh was confused everything was different; the people were strange, the surrounding were wrong. “Where am I?”

“On Earth”

“Ahh Earth, she I remember.” He smiled as he examined each and every person present. “Humans?”

“Yes,” answered Isabel.

“But you re not,” he looked directly at Isabel, “You are Antarian, Royal.”

“Yes.”

“Then why I am here, why have you resurrected me?”

“I did not,” insisted Isabel.

“I do not understand.” The figure looked confused again, almost sadden that his job was not clear.

Then he began to fade until he was translucent, the spheres once again appeared. The form dropped like a column of shooting water that was suddenly shut-off.

Once again the blob remain, but not for long. The spheres separated, the blue spilt from the black as they assembled back together with their own kind.

This time though everyone noticed that the black spheres were active, no longer motionless, as they began to move at a faster and faster speed. The color changed from black to dark blue, and finally to a similar blue hue as the one’s that had formally been Max.

The barrier reappeared as Max and Michael reformed. The spheres pack in tightly, as the forms became opaque, and then finally solid.

It was as if the two of them were asleep, they looked so peaceful. The witnesses were silent, not knowing what would occur next.

“Look,” whispered Diane hoarsely as the little finger on Max’s hand moved, a light movement but definitely movement. “His little finger moved.”

Maria was close by on the floor, she scanned Michael eagerly looking for some kind of movement. Nothing, it seemed like hours had gone back since Max’s finger moved, but in reality it was only a few seconds.

Then she saw it, or maybe it was her imagination. “Isabel, she whispered tugging at her slacks, “Look at Michael’s right eyelid,” Isabel looked carefully and then she saw it, the eye moved underneath as if he was in deep REM sleep.

Isabel jumped forward and gingerly reached out her hand, she touched Max’s cheek; it felt warm. Encouraged she placed one finger on Michael’s neck, right at the pulse point, she waited and then there it was thump, a wonderful, definite sound of a beating heart.

“Oh my god, his heart” choked out Isabel, as tears swelled up in her eyes.

Jim ran over and circled Max and Michael to the other side. Finding Michael’s wrist, he looked for a pulse. Just like Isabel, It took a second, but it was there faint but a definite thump.

“He is alive, they are both alive.”
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 2: Section 1: Chapter 3: Part 1 of 3

Chapter 2: Rebirth and Life
~ Awakenings ~

“Immerse yourself in this moment. Think about our rebirth. Let’s get connected. Let’s get united. Let’s run away out of these vows of these men of structure” “The Rebirth” by Boy Hits Car

“He is alive, they are both alive.” When Jim made that statement, the room went dead silent as ten pairs of eyes observed the two carefully. Within seconds, they saw Max’s back rise and fall in short breaths, his hand flexed in and out, and finally his eyes blinked several times before they opened. His legs stretched out as he turned and raised his head slightly to see Michael.

“Michael,” Max’s voice was quiet, almost reverent in his attempt to speak.

“Max,” whispered Diane, “My son.” Max raised himself a little higher. He had heard his mother but he was concentrating on Michael.

“Max,” Philips voice was a little louder, “Max, son, are you all right.” Max nodded his head yes, but his eyes were still on Michael’s still body. The parents breathed a sigh of relief when they saw Max nod, Liz was also relieved to see her husband alive, although she was very uneasy seeing him on top of Michael still.

Maria and Isabel were more concerned, they had not yet seen Michael move anything more than an eyeball. Isabel had back up a ways as she now held hands with Maria as they waited. Michael was a little harder to gauge, since Max’s body was blocking most everyone’s view.

“Michael?” he stroked his cheek. “Michael wake up. You have to get up.”

There was nothing but silence, Jim worried that Michael may have been dead too long and was oxygen deprived creating a coma.

Then music struck the eardrums, a harsh raspy sound, barely articulate, but music nevertheless. “I can’t get up you are on my frickin’ chest.”

Max froze in place as he looked down into the brown irises, now streaked with silver, owned by one pissed off Michael Guerin.

“Michael!” Max yelped as he grabbed his face, leaned in and kissed his cheeks. Of course, all this did was to place a knee deeper into Michael’s chest.

“Max! Are you trying to kill me?” Michael gasped out. Max looked at his knee and jumped off to the side as Michael coughed and rubbed his chest.

No sooner had Max moved than the girls were on Michael, his chest getting another onslaught as Maria, get there first and claimed residency. Isabel got his head as she placed it in her lap. They were talking a mile a minute. Max sat back on his haunches smiling, Isabel and Maria were so happy and Michael was so miserable with all their attention.

The others had gathered around by this time, they are all glad to see Michael alive, even Amy was happy despite her daughter straddling his waist.

“Max maybe you and Michael should sit down on the sofa, someplace more comfortable,” suggested Philip as he extended his hand to his son. Max looked up, saw his father smile, and took the offering. Philip pulled his son into a big hug, “We will talk later. I just want you to know how much I do love you.” Max nodded his head as he hugged his father back. Diane came over, also hugged her son, but refusing to let go for several minutes.

When Diane finally released her son, he sat down on the sofa, as Liz walked up to him. He looked up at her, he did not know what say, her face said it all, the disappointment, the shock, and then he saw a glimmer, the love that she still had for him.

Liz was the first to speak, “Max I don’t think right now I can talk to you about what you did. But I did know when I saw you dead, I wanted to die.” Max started to say something as Liz held her hand up for him to stop. “I still love you but right now I need some space to think. We will talk maybe after the visit to the pod chamber tomorrow.” Max just nodded his head, he knew whatever excuse he gave would be worthless; he had done a hideous crime, a crime that may carry a high price. Liz turned and walked back to where her mother was sitting and sat next to her.

Max just sat there lost and forlorn, the control he once wielded as power over the others was nonexistent. He placed his head in his hand, as he rubbed his temples, he needed to keep the anger down; he need to learn how to be the master of his rage and not be dominated by it.

Jeff came and sat next to Nancy and his daughter. He was not overjoyed that Max was alive, if he had died, things would be much easier on his daughter. Maybe that was not a nice or kind thought, but right at that moment Jeff felt very little in the terms of kindness to Max. He put his protective harm around her. The next few weeks were going to be so hard on her. He would give anything to spare her any more grief and anguish.

Isabel and Maria were still making over Michael as they chatted away, Isabel was petting his hair as if he was some damn cat that just came in from the cold, while Maria was warming up his hands, the fingernails were still tinged a slight blue. Diane and Amy stood there overlooking the situation. Michael did not say a word, but he did look uncomfortable on the floor, and the girls were driving him crazy.

Kyle came over and stood by his father who moved once Max was awake.

“Looks like the girls have him contained,” smirked Kyle nodding towards Michael and the scowl that was coming over his face.

“Yeah I he looks like a bronco ready to run at a moments break.” Jim snickered. “Maybe we should help the boy out.” Jim coughed loud enough of the girls to hear, “Hey girls, maybe Michael would be better off on the sofa, the floor has got to be hard.”

“Are you uncomfortable Michael?” asked Maria as she purred into his ear. Michael just shrugged, his back and head hurt like hell, but he was enjoying the attention Maria and Isabel, despite his facial frowns. If only the room was not full of people he ha very naughty thoughts about what he would do. Oh, what pictures he could conjure up as he thought.

“Come on Maria let’s get him on the sofa,” Isabel broke Michael’s vision of naked lustful bodies.

Maria got off Michael, much to his relief, she was small but still the dead weight on his chest was confining. Isabel help as Michael pulled himself into a sitting position already the room was spinning. He took a second as he placed his feet under him ready to stand. He made it up, stood for a few seconds, when he went to take a step forward; he failed only to collapse onto his knees. Kyle was right there grabbing one side as Michael went down.

“Hey man are you okay?” asked Kyle

“Yeah just dizzy, my head hurts.”

Max was off the sofa in a shot and got Michael on the other side before His knee hit the ground. “What do you mean your head hurts?” Max looked back to Isabel still on the floor. “Did you scan his head, is there any more damage.” Max’s voice had an edge, almost as if he was still scared Michael would fall over dead again.

“No I didn’t.” Isabel said as she rose. “Why can’t you just check and heal him Max.” she questioned.

“I cant, let’s get him to a sofa, then I will explain.” Max and Kyle helped Michael back onto his feet and then guided him to the sofa. He sat wearily down exhausted from the short distance. Max noticed he was trembling Michael was still cold. “Dad, would you please throw me that blanket?” indicating the one they had used previously to cover Michael. Max threw the blanket over Michael as he sat down next to him, only to be shoved out of the way by Maria, who looked at him sternly ordering Max away with her eyes.

Isabel sat on the other side and took Michael’s head in her hands. The parents watched with interest; the last few days had been a crash course in alien ways.

Isabel had her eyes closed as she turned Michael’s head to face her, one hand on each temple. “Michael let in.” Isabel opened her eyes, “Please I just want to make sure you are all right.”

“I am fine Vilandra, please don’t.” responded Michael very softly.

“No I am going in, now drop a wall, or I will do more investing than I originally intended, when you least expect it.” Isabel waited hoping she did not have to make good on her threat.

“Women,” he snorted as his eyes closed, lowering only what he wanted her to see. Isabel closed her eyes and entered, the maze was back in order, the paintings were assembling themselves; scenes were magically appearing as she walked down the various aisles.

“Satisfied?” Isabel was startled as she turned a corner and ran right into Michael.

“Yes.”

“Good then leave.”

"Why are you in such a foul mood?”

"Oh I don’t know” Michael sneered “On that’s right” he slapped his head, “I fucking died because of Max’s little game.”

“But you are here alive.”

“Yeah I know.”

“You died? Really died?” Isabel searched his eyes for what had happened. Up to this point when she saw Atarh appear and the two of them alive, she thought that Michael was just in some dormant state.

“Yes."

“Then how? Max cannot bring back the dead.”

“I know.”

“How Michael?” Isabel looked at him sternly, “Answer me.”

He just looked at her and sighed, “The Dark Waters, the arts”
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 2: Section 1: Chapter 3: Part 2 of 3

Chapter 3: Rebirth and Life
~ Secrets of Life and Death ~

“And it's no sacrifice . Just a simple word. It's two hearts living. In two separate worlds” “Sacrifice” by Elton John

“You have lots of explaining to do Michael.”

“Let’s just keep this a secret between us okay,” Michael smirked and pulled her close attempting to seduce her into keeping silent.

“Oh no!” Isabel slid out of his grasp. “You need to explain.” Isabel started to fade.

“Izz… damn it Max is going to have my ass for sure.” The picture to the side exploded in a myriad of colors.

Isabel opened her eyes, Michael followed soon after. Rubbing his neck, Michael had laid his head against the back of the sofa, his eyes closed.

“Is he okay Isabel?” asked a concerned Max, who was sitting on the floor near Michael, closer to Isabel than Maria, who was still throwing him death daggers.

“Yes, although his attitude could use a fine tuning.” Isabel said as she arched her eyebrow. “Now to you, where are your powers. What happened?”

Max crisscrossed his legs as he felt all eyes on him. “I did not know what to do, so I did the only thing left, I dumped all my power into Michael. I guess it worked.”

“But Max you told me when someone died you could not bring them back,” interrupted Liz.

“Your right I can’t, I guess Michael was not really dead.”

“No Max he was,” interjected Isabel. “Care to explain Michael?”

Michael cracked open an eyelid. “No” and closed it.

“Michael,” warned Isabel.

“No.”

“TellymonRath! Last warning before I start.”

Michael slanted open his eyes, as he stared Isabel down, a low audible growl was noticeable coming from his throat. She did not back down or even looked worry, Isabel knew when he was all full of hot air and when he was serious. Michael took a deep sigh and sat up.

“Michael were you dead?” asked Max, “I mean really dead.” he knew in his heart that Michael had stopped breathing and his heart was till, but he also harbored a feeling that this was some dormant state like the webbing when he got sick.

“Yeah Max you managed to kill me, Thanks!” sneered Michael as he folded his arms in front of him.

“Michael,” Isabel whacked him on the arm.

Michael glared at Isabel, “Sorry but it will take a little time to get over that little fact.”

“It’s okay Michael I deserve it, after what I did.”

Michael blew out an irritated sigh as he shook his head, his lips were pulled tight, “No, Max it was not your fault, you couldn’t help it. Just do me favor and get it under control, I prefer not to go back there again.”

“Deal, I never want to feel that rage again. So how did you come back to us?”

“Do you remember a long time ago telling me not to play around in the arts?”

Max’s eyes narrow, “What?” his voice was sharp.

“Well I kind of didn’t listen.”

“And just when, Michael, did ever you listen.”

Michael shrugged.

“Explain?”

“I kept up the practice for years, until our deaths.”

“How could you?” Max was up on his feet, yelling.

“I did it for you Max.”

“Bull you know I forbade it, you keep doing it because you like the feeling, the power it produced.”

Michael jumped off the sofa and was up in his face, “You wanted an empire. I gave you a frickin’ empire. How do you think alliances were made, deals forged, bargains struck, sacrifices had to be made.”

“That is why that is why you never finished the bonding? Why you refused me so you could play your little games?”

Michael was angry his eyes were shining as if they were on fire, as he continued his verbal attack on Max. “Towards the end you were to busy with your little traitor Queen Ava, you have no idea what I had to do, the lengths I had to walked in the Dark Waters to secure your throne, to keep you in power. But you were busy with Ava, with the others; you are the one who pulled away.”

“No you did it to punish me, because I did not play your games.”

“No because I did not want to damn your soul for eternity with mine.”

Max stopped his assault and looked at Michael his mouth dropped open. “What was the darkness I found myself in?” Max swallowed hard.

“You were there?”

“When I dumped my powers, I found myself in pitch blackness, I heard you talking, but I could not find you. It was so cold.”

“You were in purgatory Max, the dread zone, eternal hell and damnation for those who dabble too far into the dark powers, the waters of death. You have no idea.”

“Oh, I don’t do I? Why do you think I forbade it? I found out from someone what the result would be, I never really believed him, but now I know it true, it is that place.”

“Who told you such a detail? That is forbidden knowledge. Only a Master would know, and none would reveal any secrets.”

“Captain Tran, guess you could say he was worried about you.”

Michael sat back down, his head was in his hands as he wiped over his face. “I discovered by accident with concentration and practice I could survive for a few minutes after death, a consciousness could be created to tie the Dead Zone to the living. Figured it would come in handy some day.”

“At what cost Tellymon, your soul?”

“It was already damned.” Michael looked very stoic as he discussed his eternal place in hell.

Max sank to the ground, his hands threaded through his hair as he waited for more, more that he was terrified to hear.

Michael glanced down at Max who was listening, “A warrior remains connected by a silver thread, the last bits of essence, strung out across the barrier between life and death. It supposed to give time to access powers that are concealed, deep in the cortex.”

“I guess it worked,” quipped Max and added, “Then why was I there?”

“No Max it did not work, you fried that part of my brain. I couldn’t access anything, the thread was beginning to thin out and break, there was no forward motion, no light, only darkness. I asked for redemption, but…”

Max interrupted, “The prayers I heard them, I remembered the words. I said them with you hoping you would hear me. Is that what happened? Was the prayer answered?”

"No, I think I am on the outs in that department.” Michael shrugged as if to say ‘oh well’ and then sank into the sofa.

“Well go on what happened?” urged Isabel.

Michael sat back up and looked all around and then he got off the sofa and knelt on the floor, facing Max. He locked eyes with him as he took his hand, “It was your sacrifice, dumping your power that is what brought me back. Your power gave me the boost to slingshot back into my body.”

Michael then did something that shocked most of the room; he took Max’s palm face up and kissed it, all the time keeping their eyes locked. It was the kiss of forgiveness, the kiss between lovers, the kiss of devotion; a sacred kiss, one sanctified and consecrated by the vows of a bond. On Antar, the blessed kiss is not use lightly.

Max just knelt there in shock, Tellymon never showed that kind of devotion or love in front of anyone, even Vilandra. He did not know what to say, as Michael ended the kiss and removed his hand.

Michael could feel the eyes upon him, he knew what he did would make the parents wonder, and probably cause them to hate him even more, but he felt that this time he was going let Max know; last time he had no time to tell Zan.

“Okay that explains why you are here,” Isabel began trying to break the silence and move the attention away from the kiss. She knew it took a lot for Michael to show any affection and he was probably very uncomfortable. “Now explain Atarh?”

“What?”