A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) (COMPLETE)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 26 - 05/20/10

Post by PML »

Thanks again to everyone for reading. This part ends at the party, so expect smaller but hopefully more frequent parts. Companions will follow to fill in the gaps, what the others experience. Hope you enjoy.

Mt. Gazer- Thanks. Sydney can see that about Kyle both because she is so young and hence innocent, and also because Max is getting stronger. It is something so minor and mild that a adult would probably rationalize it away.

Earth2Mama- I actually agree with you about this. But it is what Kyle would do, particularly since those two are already somewhat involved in the whole alien drama. We will find out what Kyle learned in the next part, when he comes to the party bearing gifts for Aric.

Marymary- The bit about the aliens was perhaps a bit rash, letting slip what happened to Isabel…. Yeah, that was not a good thing. But I could see Kyle doing that, particularly seeing he was talking to someone who was fully in the alien drama, Livian.

Grace52373- I agree that the Pod Squad should know about them now, as Vicky and Pam know about the Pod Squad. But Kyle is going to have to be more discrete in the future. As for Aric, well they are on the hunt at the end of this part.

Disclaimer- Roswell is not mine and no infringement is intended

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 27

Tess-

Tess sat in the kitchen and waited. She knew that Isabel and Alex needed this time. Would need more in the future.

They would need all the help they could get.

And Tess would make sure they got it. They were all a big family now, and she was determined to protect them. To protect them all.

Because this was what she had wanted. More than Max, she had wanted a family. People who trusted, and more importantly, loved her. And if there was still a trust gap, that had been of Tess’s own making. And she knew that in time it would fade.

But Aric needed to be removed. And fast.

If Aric knew they were not going to follow his plans, his destructive efforts would take a whole new level of destructiveness.

There was a shovel Aric had used to kill Grant. It had Kyle’s fingerprints on it.

Aric had threatened to rape someone and leave DNA samples behind to frame Alex. Something he would never live down, even if they managed to get him off.

Tess didn’t know what horrific things he would do to Liz or Maria, but she was equally sure that they existed. The madman would do anything to push his Destiny.

He simply needed to be stopped. Kyle had said he had a plan, but that he needed to get something before he could tell her the details of it. That he didn’t want to raise her hopes over nothing.

She just hoped he kept himself safe. That it wasn’t some crazy plan that could get them all killed. The memory of him, dying on the floor, because of what she had done to him…..

There was a knock on the door.

Tess got up and walked to the door. Let Isabel have her time with Alex. She could hear distantly the music that Alex had brought her. It made her own eyes mist up, but Tess could not quite say why.

Tess answered the door.

A somewhat nervous, but happy Michael stood at the door. “Is Isabel ready?”

Tess said quietly, “She’s with Alex.”

Michael said, “Oh.” He looked suddenly angry and sorrowful at the same time, “Is she okay? Has her memory come back?”

Tess nodded slightly, “She knows what happened, to her and to Alex.” Tess just shook her head, a wave of nausea flowing into her. She placed a hand on her stomach.

Michael did something surprising, he placed a hand on her shoulder. “That bad?”

Tess looked at the weak attempt at calming her and smiled. Maria was good for him. “Yeah, as bad as what happened to Isabel. Only is some ways worse, as he had to … had to watch as Aric raped Isabel in his own form.”

Michael’s face became thunderous, “What kind of sick asshole does that kind of stuff anyway?”

“Someone who wants to break us. And Aric wont stop until he is successful.”

Michael smiled viciously, “Then we will just have to kill him. Hopefully as painfully as possible.”

“I will settle for him permanently gone.”

“Hey, I can wish, right?”

Alex walked from the living room, “Isabel is just fixing her make up. She’ll be right out.”

Michael turned to face Alex. Tess could see the measuring in his gaze. There was a trace of well hidden sympathy, but was there also a measure of respect in Michael’s gaze? “How are you holding up?” Michael asked.

She turned to see what Michael saw. Alex looked exactly the same. But there was something different in him, something that she could almost feel. A strength that had been hidden had now come to the fore. The humor that had been his hallmark still lurked in his eyes, but the pleasing soft innocence was gone.

There was a hardness to his gaze now, a hardness they would likely need.

But there was a part of Tess that mourned the loss of it.

Alex said, “I am fine. But we should hurry. Max and Liz have been there too long alone.”

Michael rubbed his eyebrow, “You know, I have been thinking about that. I think they at least are safe at the moment?”

Alex raised and eyebrow, “Lucky them, but why?”

“I don’t think he can hurt Max. More to the point, I think he has to do what Max orders him to do.” Michael said with a sarcastic smile. “So I think the two of them are quite safe.”

Tess closed the door and ushered both of them into the kitchen.

Michael helped himself to a Cherry Coke out of the fridge.

Alex was the one who filled the silence, “But why? Why do you think that?”

‘A very good question,’ Tess thought sitting back down to her coffee. She used her powers to warm it up and took a sip.

Michael took a long slug of soda and smiled at them. “Why hasn’t he killed anyone. He could you know. It would be remarkably easy for him. And it was his MO when he was Nasedo.”

“But wasn’t he going to kill Maria?”

Michael winced, “No, he was going to bury her and abandon her to die. It’s not exactly the same thing. I think he can hurt us, hurt us badly. But he hasn’t really killed anyone except Grant. And he was planning on blackmailing Isabel.”

Tess was nodding slowly, “Those pictures…. Fighting a blackmail case might have involved the FBI or gotten the police much too much in our affairs. A direct threat to our existence.”

Michael just smirked at her, “And that is probably hardwired in.”

“Which means Destiny isn’t,” Alex added quietly. “And I remember him telling Nasedo not to kill anyone. That no one was going to die. But that second statement, that is not something Nasedo could be expected to control.” Alex shivered, “Like fighting an evil genii. It has to do what Max says, but it will twist it to its ends.”

Isabel came out, looking immaculate. “About time you got her Michael.” She cocked her head sideways and said, “You look much to happy to be headed to a party you don’t want to go to. Tell me you are not late because you and Maria…..”

Michael just smirked at her.

Tess could only roll her eyes.

Michael walked over and grabbed one of Isabel’s hands, “Let’s go Princess.” He turned to face Alex, “And Alex, could you talk to her for a few minutes before you leave. She and her mother had a really big fight. She could use the support.”

Isabel looked at Michael’s hand like wondering where it had been and lead Michael out of the door. She shot Alex a tender gaze.

And they left.

Tess shook her head and made herself another cup of coffee as Alex grabbed the phone. Hopefully they didn’t all die because her hands were too shaky. But right now coffee was what was getting her through waiting for everyone.

--------

Tess sighed as she got out of her SUV. How she had ever been persuaded to do this she would never know.

Maria laughed slightly as she got out of the SUV. “Thank you, so much Tess. I am glad I was wrong about you.”

Tess looked over at Maria, at her wide grin and bright eyes. Michael would not be happy with her for this. But Maria had been right, she had a right to be here. A right to fight for all of them.

Alex got out and joined them. There were quite a few cars parked out here. But then the old, no longer really used ranch that her parents used for their house in Roswell was quite large. Not quite a mansion, it was a place that Janet Walker’s father kept to try to keep his kids grounded.

Whether it worked or not was debatable, but still it was a cool place for a large party.

Alex said, “Well we are here. Do you really think you can identify Aric, Maria?”

Tess shook her head, “Foolishness.”

“Hey, I really studied how he moved…. Trust me, you pay really close attention to someone when they are about to kill you.”

“He’s a shape shifter Maria! He won’t have the same form!”

“She does have a point, Maria.” Alex said. “It would change how he moved.”

Maria glared at both of them. “Look, when he is pretending to be someone specific, sure. He probably has to learn to move just like them. But my guess is he just acts the part most of the time. Just sort of uses his appearances and some minor misdirection and makes you think he probably is someone that is part of a group. Most of what he does would be the same. Because it would have to be, he would have to look like he is moving naturally. To much specific tics and the like, well I don’t think he could memorize all that. Maybe someone he studied….” She closed her mouth for another breath.

Tess put her hand over her mouth. “Got it. Do you see him?” She said sarcastically.

Maria seriously looked at everyone in the parking lot. Most of them were local students, friends of the various Walker sisters. There were also a couple of staff working on the garden. “Him.” She pointed at a man with a shovel walking towards a side entrance to the house.

Tess’s voice was sarcastic, “The man is a gardener, for heaven’s sake, Maria!”

Alex’s voice was soft, “Tess, please, just look at her.”

Maria was pale, her new scar a bright read line on her now white face. The girl was shaking and her hand still pointed at him as the man walked into the house. “Him. It is him.”

Tess shook her head. Maybe. Just maybe, Maria really could…. Well arguing about it would do no good at the moment. “We should tell the others that he is here.”

And the three of them walked to the party. Alex opened the door and Maria walked gingerly in.

Tess took one last look at the parking lot. Kyle’s Mustang wasn’t there yet. ‘Come on, Kyle. We are going to need you.”

And she went inside
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 27 - 05/23/10

Post by PML »

Okay, so here is another piece of the party. Remember that I will cover what happens to the others in Companions after I finish what happens to our main couple. (If anyone wants to see a particular POV first, feel free to let me know.)

Earth2Mama- Alex made a CD of a lulliby that Isabel heard as a small child on Antar. It was a common enough one that Tess as Ava would have heard it. (They only have small bits and pieces of their past, but those bits and pieces are there.) And no, Tess isn't pregnant, she is just recalling what she felt from Alex. Remember flashes contain not just visuals, but the entire sensory and emotional impact.

marymary- Can't tell you folks that yet. But I hope she was right too.

Disclaimer- Roswell is not mine and no infringement is intended.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 28

Kyle

Kyle pulled up in his mustang. He took a quick look for the various cars of his friends.

They were all here.

Good. They could get this started. But first he really needed to talk with Tess. He reached into his pocket and felt the device. He had used what Livian had told him and had primed it.

He would have to be within around ten feet to stun him, but the device would shut down power usage for over thirty feet. It had a capacitor though. It would need time to recharge between uses.

Not long. About thirty minutes for a full pulse, but it could maintain the suppresser function for hours at full power and range before needing to recharge. Denying him of power usage was only part of it. He would still be able to move around with the power he already had in his body.

The pulse would wipe that out as well. And without power, Nasedo would be immobilized.

Tess was standing hands on hips glaring at Michael as he argued with Maria.

Alex had a tiny smile on his face over the scene.

Kyle couldn’t see Liz or Max, but Isabel wasn’t too far. She pointed at Michael and rolled her eyes.

Kyle had to laugh at that.

He touched Tess’s arm. “We need to talk.”

Tess said, “Shouldn’t we all stick together? Maria claims she already spotted Aric here..”

“Did she, good.” Kyle grabbed her hand and turned to Vicky, “I will be right back.”

He dragged Tess to a small side room. They evicted the two freshman who were trying to overcome their nerves and kiss each other.

Tess looked up and looked at him expectantly. “Well?”

“Well what?”

She pointed up, “Mistletoe, did Aric hit you harder than we thought?”

Kyle flapped his jaw, thought of a couple of hard one liners and then…. Nah. He just kissed her. Thoroughly. If those little Freshmen wanted to see how you kissed, this should be an object lesson.

One that he was more than happy to share.

Finally they parted, both scavenging for breath.

Tess broke the silence first, “Not that I’m not happy with the result, but what did you need to bring me in here for.”

Kyle’s face became serious and he closed the door. He removed the Trithium Amplification Generator. “I have this. I saw it in a flash from you and I recalled seeing one in Brody’s Office when we were there last.”

She looked at it, “Kyle look, I know this is alien, and maybe it can help us. But I have NO clue how to use it.”

Kyle smiled, trying to keep it steady, even as guilt poured into him. “I already know. There is something I haven’t told you, something we need to tell everyone when we have the chance. After this is all over.”

Tess’s eyes narrowed, “What.”

Kyle’s smile became strained, “Vicky and Pam know who and more to the point, what you are.”

Tess’s eyes became cold, “Tell me you didn’t…..”

Kyle’s smile was now a grimace, full of the knowledge of future pain. “I did, but….”

Tess’s hands were at his collar, “Are you insane, Kyle?” She hissed. “We don’t need this now. We really don’t. Not two newbies to the whole alien scene. God, they are all going to kill you. Heck, I might kill you myself. I mean, the whole reason we are fighting Aric is so we can keep our lives and if you DESTROY THEM.” Tess started poking him hard in the gut. “All of the pain will have been for NOTHING.” She was breathing heavily again, from anger this time. Her eyes ice chips of the clearest blue.

She was just so damn beautiful when she was mad.

Too bad he had a good chance of spending the last of his days clucking like a chicken. He had to calm her somehow.

So he tried something Michael said worked on Maria from time to time.

I have lost it if I am accepting relationship from Michael!

But at this point what did he have to lose? Tess wasn’t about to let him have a word edgewise

So he kissed her. He could feel the connection open and he could feel the boiling anger and fear directly.

How fun! Either Maria’s brain was wired differently or Michael was an idiot.

Kyle could feel as she tried to drown her fear in his arms, tried to fuel her passion with anger….. But the truth was Tess was completely and totally terrified. She was terrified of this entire situation.

She thoroughly expected them all to die. Or worse.

She planned to go down swinging. Was willing to do anything, face anything on the off chance she could keep her Kyle and her new family and life.

And to her mind he had just made it even harder.

She was trying so hard to be strong enough, trying to be brave when she knew she was anything but…..

Kyle summoned all of his strength, his mind and soul, to show her just how brave she truly was. To show her how much he loved her, how much she truly meant to him.

How even if they failed, even if they died, he would be with her always.

For a timeless moment they kissed, but mostly he just held her. Held his brave Tess, trying to sooth her deep fears. Because she knew what Aric was capable of.

They all knew now.

No, he needed her to know. To KNOW that she was loved, and that he would do his best to protect her. Just as he knew she would do for him.

And that in the end was what held her. He could feel her heart shift, feel her fear fade.

It was not the feelings he sent her of her bravery. Not even his undying love for her.

She knew she had that, he could feel it buoy her up, but it was not the critical factor.

No. It was his trust. His implicit trust that she would not betray him, that she would stand with him, and that together they would triumph.

The love would have kept her from running. It would have strengthened her face any foe.

As it had.

But the trust, the implicit trust….. It was something she had never had. He could feel her cling to it. Cling to it and their slim hope of success.

He told her everything, left nothing back. And trusted her.

Because he knew that despite her own doubts, he knew he could trust her. Knew that she would stand firm. And that knowledge made him certain that he himself would not fail.

That he could not fail. Not now. Not with her at his side.

Invincible. Together they were invincible.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 28 - 05/25/10

Post by PML »

Thanks again for everyone who is reading this. Remember, the next few parts will be short but posted frequently. Afterwards, I will write Companions to fill in the gaps. If anyone has a particular story they want to here first, just let me know.

Ellie- Thank you again. I wish I could say this is going to be easy for our heroes, but I would be lying. There is a famous quote that states that any plan begins to fail as soon as you meet the enemy. So it is here. But I will tell you this, not only is our heroes plan not going to spec, but so is Aric's. I should have the next part up on Friday.

Mt. Gazer- Thanks. And we have begun the part where they get thier best shot at Aric. Lets hope they can take him down.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 28a

Kyle-

Kyle could feel as his Tess calmed in his arms, as they drew strength from the other.

The door flew open.

It was Pam. “Where the hell have you been, Kyle!”

Kyle and Tess met each others eyes. Tess sighed and both of them turned to face Pam.

Kyle said, “What is wrong?”

Pam’s face was a mix of anger and desperation. “You said you would protect her! You promised to keep her SAFE! And here you are kissing Tess while Doug ravages and possibly rapes Vicky!”

Kyle’s face went pale. “I forgot. Buddha wept. Tess, I am sorry, but I have to go….”

She grabbed his hand. “Together. We do this together. Who knows you may need my help.”

Kyle nodded, “Lead the way Pam.”

Pam looked at both of them, seriously. Perhaps with the slightest bit of fear of Tess.

She DID know what Tess was now after all.

Pam lead them through the merry crowd of their classmates.

As they were heading towards one of the bedrooms, an ominous sign in and of itself, one of Kyle’s friends snagged his arm and tried to pull him away.

Kyle turned to a serious looking Malamoud, “Sorry I don’t have time.”

Malamoud, holding on to him tightly, “You are friends with Isabel, right.”

Tess turned to face him, “We both are, but we really need to go….”

Malamoud looked around, “I can’t tell it to you here. It needs to be private.”

Pam just looked at Kyle and with a tear in her eye, she said hoarsely, “You promised. Kyle, please!”

Kyle grimaced, “Come on Malamoud, if its serious enough come with me.”

Malamoud looked between all of them. “What is going on?”

Pam started again, and they began to go up the stairs to the many bedrooms. Most of them were unused most of the time, but the Walker family had lots of visitors from time to time. Later on in the night, as the party got less and less supervised, some of the more adventurous teenagers would slip into these vacant rooms to make out.

But it was still very early and Jan’s parents were still prowling below, making sure the pick didn’t stay spiked. It was Jan herself who stopped them from going upstairs. She stood blocking the stairwell. “No way, there are too many of my friends up here already. If Mom and Dad catch someone this early, there will be hell to pay. So go back downstairs and wait for them to go to bed.

Pam said, “Jan, I need to get to Vicky. Doug…..”

Jan raised a hand, “I know you don’t like Doug. Never have. You told me he was worthless when we went out. I am not going to let you keep up persecuting the poor guy. Sure he’s an ass. He’s a jock, what more do you expect. You could as well as Tess here about Kyle. Right Tess?”

Tess chuckled nervously, “To a degree, I agree. But, seriously we need to get up there.”

“Yeah, but if too many of you go up there, someone will be caught. That would ruin the party for everyone.”

Kyle had had it. “Look, Jan, thanks for inviting us, but if we don’t go up there, something much more important that your precious party might be ruined.”

Jan’s face flushed with petulant anger, “Kyle, if you can not be civil get out of here. You are not welcome….”

Kyle moved and held her arm fast. He lowered his mouth to her ear, “Look, I know you don’t like me. You never have. The only reason I am here is because I’m one of the best athletes at school. But right now Vicky is alone with Doug, and that bastard is going to hurt her. Think of what your precious party will be like when they realize that you let one of your friends get RAPED. That you stopped the people who could have prevented it, because you such a stupid stuck up BITCH!”

Jan was just shaking, her face white as a sheet. Her mouth was moving, but there was no noise. She was simply too shocked that someone would speak to her like that.

Kyle continued, “What I want you to do Jan, is to call my father. Tell him we will need him here. Tell him it is important.” Kyle closed his eyes, “Tell him its what I talked to him about Vicky.”

“You can fuck off Valenti.” Jan said as she rushed down the stairs. Probably to fetch her Daddy.

Tess said drolly, “That could have been handled better.”

Kyle waved her off, “You have no clue how long I have wanted to say that.”

Malamoud just stared at him. “Dude I can’t believe you just did that.” He looked off after Jan, “That was so fucking cool.”

Tess rolled her eyes.

Pam was desperate, “Please!”

All of them rushed up the stairs. There was only one door partly open. He could here Doug say something.

But it was an angry Isabel who answered. Tess put her arm on his hand, and motioned to Kyle.

Kyle blinked a moment. Oh. If Isabel was in there, unless Doug was Aric…. Doug was one hurt bastard. But there would be things that it would be wise that Malamoud not see.

Pam at first shot him a look of objection. Then fearfully shot Tess a glance and then looked at Kyle.

Kyle nodded. Tess should be able to handle it. Even if it was only keeping Isabel from KILLING Doug.

Kyle grabbed Malamoud, “Ok. What was your problem.”

“Dude, they are going to need our help. It can seriously wait.” Malamoud tried to walk around him.

Kyle could hear Isabel say, “He hurt Alex, Tess. He hurt him bad. I failed him again.”

Tess’s voice was somewhat strained. “Put him down. This won’t help anything. Just put him down and we can have the Sherriff take care of this.”

Malamoud, pushed Kyle back and both of them stumbled into the doorway.

Isabel was holding a struggling Doug against the wall with one hand around his neck. Her other hand was held high, and it was gleaming with golden fire. “He’s dying Tess. Alex is dying and I can’t save him. I can’t save him, but I can avenge him. I can kill this, this monster.”

Malamoud just stared at Isabel. “ My God.”

Pam was comforting a battered and shaking Vicky. Vicky was wrapped in a blanket, part of her blouse was laying on the floor.

More damning for Doug was the fact his pants and underwear were pooled around his ankles, keeping his legs too tangled to kick Isabel.

Alex was laying still on the floor.

Kyle looked at Malamoud, “Go downstairs. If Jan didn’t call my father, call him. Get him over here.”

Malamoud was pulling a couple of pictures from his pockets. Kyle recognized most of the scenery, being the various areas around Roswell. And he recognized the model, Isabel in all her naked glory. “Doug was handing these out, he asked me to help him. Said he’d give me a hundred bucks. Said that it was time to ‘put all the bitches in their place.’ His words not mine. And I got to thinking, I-I showed one to Vanessa…..”

Kyle picked himself up. Behind them Tess was slowly convincing Isabel not to kill Doug.

Malamoud was still staring at him earnestly, trying desperately to convince him. To convince him and through him, Isabel. “And she, she said that it was wrong. That even if these were real, and there is no way the Ice Princess would pose like this.” He admired one of the pictures, “No way these are real. But even if they aren’t, she would never live it down. That it was just wrong.” He smiled, “She is just so smart. My girl,” he said with faint happiness and surprise at his good luck.

“Did you see him give anyone else any of these? Did you see him pass anymore out?”

Malamoud shook his head. “He was going to, but he saw.” Malamoud gulped, “he saw Vicky. He said he needed to talk to her. Needed to make something straight with her.” Again his face was pleading, “I didn’t know honestly.”

Kyle thought quickly. He nodded to himself, “Call my dad, call the cops too, but make sure my dad comes. Tell him it’s about Vicky. And Malamoud, keep the pictures. Give them to my dad. Doug needs to pay for this. All of it.”

Malamoud got up and shot out the door.

Isabel and Tess were cradling Alex. It wasn’t good. Only one side of his chest was expanding, and the wheezes come from him sounded… bad. There was a slight tinge of blue to his lips.

“Tess, get Max. Quickly.”

Tess looked at him and nodded. She shot off to go fetch Max.

Only he would be able to save Alex now.

Isabel just sat there cradling Alex in her arms.

Kyle walked over to Vicky. “I am so sorry, Vicky I….”

Vicky’s voice was almost child like, “Where were you Kyle? I waited for you. Didn’t you love me enough? Why doesn’t anyone ever love me?”

Kyle’s eyes closed in pain. His fault. It was all HIS fault. He had promised. Promised to protect her….

Pam’s voice was condemning, “But you were with Tess.”

Kyle could only nod.

Vicky continued. “Alex, Alex came and saved me. Threw himself at Doug again and again trying to get him off of me, to get him out of me.” Her voice was full of wonder, “He just wouldn’t stop. Not even after Doug beat him up so badly. Just couldn’t stop. And so Doug beat him and beat him. And then Isabel came and. And…. I don’t know what happened. Doug just flew against the wall. And Isabel. Isabel was so angry…. So angry that Doug hurt Alex. And she loves him. I wish someone love me.”

Pam rocked the blanket clad girl. “I love you. We all love you.”

Vicky just held on and sobbed.

Kyle felt helpless and a total failure. He had let Doug hurt his friend. Someone who he had always liked.

The first girl he had ever slept with. The second girl he had ever loved.

And he had let her get raped. Raped by a person who he had once considered a friend. Hurt by someone he had promised to protect her from.

He watched as Pam cradled Vicky, and Isabel held a dying Alex. An Alex that had tried to do what Kyle should have been there to do.

He turned away, as helpless to save Alex as he was to go back in time and save Vicky. Or Liz. Or Isabel. Or any of his friends.

This HAD to stop. It had to.

So he stood there, standing guard over all of them. He was too late to do much good, but if he could prevent more from going wrong he had to try.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 28a - 05/27/10

Post by PML »

Thanks again to everyone following along.

Mt. Gazer- Everything is going exactly to plan. Except of course that both the heroes's plan and the villian's plan just got ruined by Doug. As you will see.

Ellie- Luckily no, this was Doug's own doing. Alex won't get framed for it. There is a lot going on at this party, and this is just one piece.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 29

Tess

Tess rushed off to get Max. From the slight tint of blue on Alex’s lips he needed Max as soon as she could find him.

Malamoud followed her for a few steps, departing to grab a phone to call the Sherriff. Tess really hoped he hadn’t seen anything she might need to adjust. She really didn’t trust her powers anymore. They simply weren’t safe to use.

It did not take long to find Max and Liz. They were together, of course, arm in arm, talking with a couple class mates.

It was strange. It had not been that long ago she would have done anything to keep those two apart. And now looking at them she could only feel hope.

As long as those two supported each other, everything would be okay in the end. Tess was sure of it.

She certainly hoped Max could help Alex.

Tess slowed herself down a little. No need to cause a panic amongst her class mates. The last thing Max needed was an audience. She walked up, “Hey, Liz. Hey Max. Um, Liz do you mind if I borrow Max for a moment?” She smiled worriedly. “There’s something he needs to attend to.”

Liz looked at her, “Do you need me to help?”

“Not yet,” Tess really needed Liz to stay. To make people think it was something minor, and unimportant. “Max should be back in a moment, I just need to talk to him.”

Max gave Tess a searching look and nodded, “I’ll be right back, Liz.”

Liz nodded a little worriedly, “Just remember why we are all here tonight.”

“Trust me I won’t.” She grabbed Max’s arm and got him moving towards the upstairs. Tess could feel some odd looks at her and Max. She was surprised how many of the looks were hostile.

It amazed her how fickle her fellow students were. They had been condemning Liz not more than a few days ago. And now that Liz and Max seemed so lovey-dovey they now shot Tess hostile glares.

Amazing.

Of course, they might be sensing just how right the two were for each other. Tess had known she’d been fighting upstream, but now that she had decided she wanted Kyle and not Max, she could see what the others had.

So much potential there.

Just as well. She was happy with Kyle. Max might have more power, heck might even be more handsome.

He was a lot less fun to be around.

Max asked her quietly, “What are we rushing for?”

“Alex needs you Max. Badly.”

“Aric?”

“I wish. No Doug assaulted, possibly raped Vicky. Alex tried to stop him…..”

Max looked over at her, “I take it he’s pretty banged up.”

“He’s dying Max. We need to hurry.”

Max’s eyes widened, “Lead the way!”

Again she traversed the stairs leading to the farthest guest room. Max followed her.

Jan opened her mouth to say something. And then just let it drop. She did smile winsomely at Max.

Tess could only roll her eyes. Some people just didn’t know when to give up. Max was taken.

They entered the room, thankfully still without any other witnesses.

That was likely to change once word of what had happened to Vicky spread. Most likely the students would start to drift away, eager to get out of there before the Sherriff arrived.

As it was this would likely cause their own plans to fail. They would have to discuss it soon. But first, Max had to see to Alex.

Alex was cradled in Isabel’s arms. Isabel’s gaze was hopeful and worried, her eyes glazed with tears. “Please?”

Alex’s lips were blue and his breathing obviously labored.

Max moved over and placed his hands on Alex. “Alex. I need you to look at me. Alex?”

“Max? What’s wrong? I thought you didn’t need to connect to them to heal them?”

Max shook his head.

Isabel just stared at her brother, holding Alex. Her hope beginning to fade.

Vicky was fairly calm now, still being rocked back and forth by Pam.

Max looked up at them, then at the others. “I don’t know…..”

Kyle cut the chase. “They know Max. They know just about everything. And they have helped us too. I will tell you more, but you need to hurry. I called Dad, and you know he will bring other Deputies with him. You need to heal him now.”

“I can’t. I-I can’t reach him. Isabel, trust me I am trying but he’s too far gone.”

Tess gripped his right hand. And Isabel’s in her left. “Do you trust me Max?”

Isabel looked at Tess. “What are you thinking?”

Tess smiled at her and smiled at Alex. “To do what Liz did and buffer Max through you and through your connection to Alex.” She turned to Max, “Max?”

Max turned to Isabel. “I need you to concentrate on Alex. Think only of him.”

Isabel’s voice was full of emotion, “Just like you do Liz, little brother. I love him.”

Max smiled and gave her a kiss. “Ok, concentrate…..” He stared into Isabel’s eyes.

Tess used her energy and linked to Max, supporting and helping as she could. She was only on the outer skin of the flashes as they rushed through Max.

But she recognized them. Recognized them all too well as they flooded Max from both his sister and her mate.

Max knew. Tess could feel it. And she knew quite well that it was one thing to know, to see the aftermath, quite another to experience it yourself. She could feel a well of anger grow inside of him. It had already been there.

But now it was vast. Aric had better be wary. He had angered his King.

Tess felt the surge of power flow through Isabel and into Alex. Then simply into Alex directly.

Moments later Alex sat up. He looked up and smiled at Max. “Thanks.” He gave Isabel a kiss and then looked around the room.

Vicky and Pam just sat completely still. It was one thing to hear about miracles. Quite another to witness one.

Pam said, “He was almost dead. Seriously…. You really did do what Kyle said. You did heal Liz. There really was a bullet fired there.”

Vicky just smiled.

Kyle sighed, “I promise I will explain. Sorry, Vicky. I have to tell them.”

Vicky said softly, “Its okay. Really. Not what was done to me, but this. Yes he can know.” Still simply wrapped in a blanket, her eyes still showing some of her recent trauma, she said, “I sometimes hear voices, and through me….. Through me a woman talks. She’s not human. She is one of you.”

Kyle spoke up then, “That is where you are wrong. They are human. Just as human as any of us. More in some ways.”

“Maybe, but there is part of them from somewhere else. Just as there is part of you from there now as well. And I suppose in me as well.”

Max stood, “I can heal you as well, Vicky. Since you already know. But….”

Vicky smiled, dimples forming on her face. “I can’t. I promised Kyle I would turn Doug in. If you heal me, the doctors will know. I want ever bruise, every single wound to help convict that bastard.”

Kyle’s voice was soft, “Vicky.” He glanced over at the still comatose Doug, “I wish…..”

Vicky cut him short, “We will talk about that later. Right now, you have a monster to catch. I got lucky, a hero came to save me before he really got started. Thank you Alex.”

Alex nodded back, “It was the least I could do.”

Vicky lay back in her cousin’s arms. “We share something, you and Isabel and I. We will need to stick together. Talk.”

Alex and Isabel looked at each other and then directed a glare at Kyle.

Kyle sighed, “This is just not my day. I have pretty much screwed up everything. And yeah, they know that too.”

Max looked over at Pam and Vicky. “Its dangerous knowing what you do. You might want to steer clear of us as much as you can. Maybe you can avoid some of it. But after you get looked at, I can heal the physical wounds for you.”

“Okay. Maybe.” Her smile was wan. “I will need help. And, and I hope we can be friends? I think I am going to need them.”

“Sure, Tess can you go get Liz for me?”

Kyle spoke up, “I can get her.”

Max shook his head, “It will be better is she does. Plus you can probably handle your friend if he wakes up.”

Kyle looked over at Doug and sighed. “Yeah. Last thing we need is for Dad’s Deputies to see something they shouldn’t.”

Pam’s mouth was wide open, “I still can not believe the local Sherriff is in on this. Its just too much.”

Tess walked over and gave Kyle a kiss.

Kyle kissed her back. “See you in a couple minutes.”

She smiled up at him, “I love you Kyle. See you.”

And Tess was off. She stopped a moment when Jan stood in front of her. “Hey, I hope you called the police about Doug, because Vicky…..” Something was not right…..

“Tess, my dearest Tess. You both disappoint me and impress me at the same time. It is truly a pity about your human friends and all the trouble they are going to be in. Assuming they survive the night that is.”

Tess backed up and gathered her powers. She wouldn’t be able to directly affect him, but maybe if she….

Jan’s hand lifted and there was a airgun sound.

And Tess knew pain as the taser discharged. She was still twitching on the ground when Jan placed something over her mouth and she knew no more.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 29 - 05/30/10

Post by PML »

Well here we are, two parts away from the finish. Not including the epilogue and a veritable cloud or Companions that will fill in some of the blanks from the party on. Thanks to everyone reading this.

Keepsmiling7- Thanks. Aric is going to be a little…causal about the humans surviving.

Ellie- Thanks. Just a little bit. But we are nearing the end. So things have to turn around for our heroes at some point. Right?

Roswelladdict- Thanks. Our heroes are going to have to think fast if they want to survive.

Carrie- Thanks.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 30

Kyle-

Kyle didn’t start worrying at first. His father had actually been very quick to arrive. Only now, now that he had given a preliminary statement, and promised to do more at the Station.

Only now he needed to find Tess.

They needed another plan. With so many of the others students leaving, with the local police in attendance, this party was a bust.

But he couldn’t find Tess anywhere.

“Hey, Alex, have you seen Tess?”

Alex shook his head. “No. Sorry. Have you seen Isabel? She said she needed to talk with Max about something.” Alex looked away. “Kyle, is it okay if I ask you something,” Alex said quietly.

“Um, sure.” Kyle stood there, his eyes scanning the room. Where could she be? She had never come back from going to retrieve Liz.

“Do you feel… different? I mean different now?”

“You mean after Max…..” Kyle scratched his head and looked at Alex. Alex seemed nervous.

Alex nodded vigorously. “I feel, I don’t know, I don’t feel bad. I mean I feel good, really good. Healthy, but strange….. It’s like someone jabbed a live wire inside of me, like everything I see just seems a little… off.”

Kyle nodded. “I will need to give you my Buddhism for Beginners book. It seriously saved my sanity.”

Alex looked at him, his mouth quirking in a smile, “So it saved you sanity huh? Hadn’t really noticed a change.”

Kyle just rolled his eyes “Very funny. Now can you help me find Tess.”

“I will be here all week. And I will help you find Tess if you help me find Isabel.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

A few moments later they found Michael talking with Liz. Liz looked up, “Hey have you guys seen Max?”

Kyle felt a cold chill pass through him.

Alex stopped for a moment and gripped the wall. “Something is wrong.”

Liz walked over, “Alex?”

“I don’t know, I just feel… I feel… Betrayed.”

Michael looked at all of them. “You haven’t seen the girls?”

Alex shook his head.

Kyle shook his head as well, “This is bad. This is really bad.”

Michael gravely said, “We were looking for Aric, I think he’s found us.”

Liz said, “We need to stick together. If Aric is ambushing us one by one, it will take all of us to take him down.”

“We also need to get Maria. She’s still in the barn. We can’t just leave her alone!” Michael stormed off.

Liz and Alex looked at each other and then at Kyle.

Kyle said, “I guess we look for Maria first.” He jogged and caught up with Michael. “You left her in the barn? What exactly were you two doing….”

“Leave it alone Kyle, unless you want me to blast you into next week. Just leave it alone.”

Kyle just stood there and gaped. Surely he couldn’t be implying what he thought he was. “That must have been some mistletoe.”

“Kyle, stuff it.”

He heard Liz talking to Jan as they breezed out the door. Kyle could hear Jan following them, walking with Liz. He watched as Michael’s steps grew longer and he all but ran at the barn.

Kyle hurried to follow him.

Maria was waiting for him. She just stood there. Quiet. Too quiet.

And she was sobbing, silently sobbing.

Michael pulled her into a hug. “Baby? What’s wrong? Pixie?”

Maria opened her mouth and only a breathing sound came out, only a huff of air.

And there was something wrong with her eyes. They seemed… covered in white.

Liz walked up and looked at Michael. “Something happened here.”

Michael nodded. “Isabel. I can’t get a firm flash, but she was here.”

Kyle asked, “What is wrong with Maria?”

Michael held her close, “I don’t know. But she’s…. This close I can almost feel her. She’s frustrated. Like a volcano about to blow.”

Liz sighed, “Michael, let me see her. Maybe I can help.”

Michael nodded, still gripping her arm. Maria acted like she could see Michael, but nothing else.

Liz touched her and gasped.

So did Maria. Maria then ground out, in a voice that sounded similar to hers, but not quite the same. “Bomb. You have to find it. Aric left a bomb in the main house.”

“A bomb? Isn’t taking out loved ones enough?”

Maria continued, “No. He wants all of you to suffer. He is insane and evil with it. He killed his wife, and I think he would have killed me. Something stopped him.”

Kyle spoke up, “It fits, he hasn’t directly killed anyone lately. Something must be stopping him from being able to kill.”

Alex added, “Kill directly, he seems to be doing just fine otherwise.”

Liz clung to Maria’s shoulder. “I’m sorry, Maria. I did what I could.”

Maria hugged her friend. “That’s okay. We just need to get Max, and he can fix me up. But Aric has them. Isabel fought him and he, he took her.”

Kyle said, “Do you think the bomb is real, Maria.”

“Definitely, I don’t think he would lie to me. Hurt me yes. But I doubt he thought anyone can fix me. He has Max, too.”

Kyle said, “He must have Tess too. Did you see her?”

“Sorry, Kyle.”

Kyle turned away. “We have to find them.”

Liz nodded, “Michael, take Alex and both of you go tell the people in the house about the bomb. Then come right back.”

Michael looked at Maria, “Liz, I really need to stay with Maria and….”

Liz sighed, “Look, I understand, but you are one of the few of us who can stand up to Aric. We can’t drag Maria into that. It is hard enough to explain what happened at the hospital. But if they knew she was blind she would have to stay blind for a while. We can’t afford to have too many miracles.”

Michael kissed Maria, “I’ll be right back.”

Alex nodded, patting himself on the chest.

Kyle noticed a bulge there. No. No way. He honestly hadn’t looked before, but underneath his jacket…..

Alex couldn’t actually be concealing a pistol there. I mean, this was Alex!

Kyle shook his head and turned to Maria and Liz. “So what do we do now?”

Liz nodded. “We need to find a way to find out where the others are. If Aric has already captured them…..”

“This is not good.”

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” Jan Walker said.

Kyle turned and smiled, “Sorry, we were just looking for our friends. We’ll be heading out soon.”

Maria said, “Kyle. That’s not Jan. It’s, it’s Aric!”

Jan’s form began to glow and her body twisted in the light to form a more familiar Ed Harding. “Maybe you recognize me more like this?”

“Where is Max?” Liz demanded.

“Pushy are we, I don’t see why you think your importance has changed one iota over the past few months. You should have kept yourself away from Max. Maybe I wouldn’t have had to go to such… extremes if you had.”

Kyle began moving closer to him. He had to be within ten feet to stun him. He could activate the TAG now, but that would only knock out his powers. He would still have all the enhanced strength and endurance that his shifter form gave him.

There was no guarantee that Kyle could beat him in another fight. Kyle had to go for the knockout punch.

Aric waved his hand and Kyle went sprawling back. “Not this time.” He turned to face Maria, “I am so sorry, my dear. But I am going to have to take Michael now, it would defeat the whole purpose to not have a complete set.”

“You monster!”

Kyle groggily got up and grabbed the TAG. He watched as Aric closed the door on them. “Good bye. You will never see your friends again.”

There was a loud bang.

Kyle could see Aric slump against the door through an open slat in the barn door. He watched him wave his hand.

There was another bang.

Kyle rushed to the door. Maybe he could get in range in time……

CRUMP!!!!!

There was a massive explosion that tossed all of them to the floor. The horses in the other barn began to scream with fear. This one was more for storage apparently.

Kyle got to the doorway, but he was too late. Aric had barred the door.

And Kyle couldn’t see him. He did see the ruin that had been Jan’s house.

Smoke was heavy in the air.

“Kyle! Help me up.” Liz cried. “I think Maria is unconscious.” The smell of smoke was growing more pronounced.

They were in trouble. Kyle could see the a section of the roof catch fire. He raced over to help Liz.

Everything had gone wrong. Tess was captured. They all were captured.

He could feel as all the hope dropped out of him.

And he just stood there. Staring. Watching as the flames began to lick the straw on the other side of the room.

Minutes. They had mere minutes and they would all be dead.

Aric had won.

“Kyle! Get over here!”

Kyle wandered over to his friend. There was no point. But Kyle couldn’t stop.

He couldn’t stop trying even when he knew it was all over.

Kyle’s face was sheeted with tears as he went to help his friends.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 30 - 06/02/10

Post by PML »

Thanks again everyone for reading this story. We are so very close to the end. There are several companions I might rattle out this week, or I might just finish this up and fill in the blanks. Not sure.

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Ellie- Thanks. I am sorry. This part won't make it any easier. But the next part, I do believe you will really like it, if all goes according to plan. We are almost there.....

keepsmiling7- Thanks. It certainly looks that way. But I wouldn't count our heroes out just yet. They have a few more tricks up their sleeves.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 31

Tess

Tess woke up to a searing agony coursing throughout her body. Every single muscle ached and felt abused.

Worse she could feel nothing. There was no power halo over anything. She could no longer feel the structure of things around her.

Tess was powerless.

Powerless and alone.

Damn him.

Damn Aric.

How could one man bring such misery and unhappiness? Because she knew, just knew that right now he was ambushing her friends.

And she was powerless to stop it.

Tess visualized Aric in some form, either as Jan or as some other form walking up and killing Kyle. Eliminating her friends one at time, while they struggled to realize they were under attack.

Bitterly now she regarded their optimism that they could so easily take down such an evil and cunning creature. They should have stuck together. Should have made sure that they could not be so easily separated.

Tess felt as one tear and another swept down her twitching face.

She couldn’t even feel Kyle. That made it so much worse.

Funny how something she had feared, something she had denied the existence of for such a long time, had come to mean so much to her. But the Bond, that connection that she had felt building over the last month, was gone.

Did it mean that Kyle was dead? Or was it simply that without her powers she simply could not feel it?

Again her heart clenched at the thought of Kyle hurt or dead.

NO! She would not give in to despair! She would have felt it if he had died. She was certain of it. And if he was not dead, then surely he was doing his best to save her.

Tess knew more than perhaps any other just how stubborn a Valenti could be.

A small grin formed on her teary face.

Kyle had to be alive. And while he was alive he would NEVER stop looking.

The door of the van was opened and Aric man handled an unconscious Max into the back.

Tess pretended to be unconscious still. Not that she could do much. Moving hurt, her muscles still sore and overstressed from the taser Aric had used on her.

But when Aric left, Tess moved painfully over to check on Max.

He looked pale and he did not respond to her gentle prodding.

She was still looking at Max when Aric came back with Isabel.

Aric started to slide Isabel’s body onto the floor of the van. His voice was cheery as he spoke to Tess, “So I see you have woken up a little. Don’t worry, we won’t be here much longer. I just have one more of you to fetch and we can be off.”

“You won’t get away with this.”

He was still in Jan’s form as he looked up at her, “Oh, I think you will find that I can and will succeed in this. It is Destined after all.” He laughed, “I have given up much too much for you all to fail me now.”

Tess tried to rush him, tried to do something. Her movements were spasmodic and somewhat pathetic.

Aric laughed at her and slammed the doors in her face.

Tess tried the doors, wishing again that her powers were working. She had never realized just how dependant she had always been on them. And now that they were gone….

Tess looked back at her two friends. Max still just lay there cold and pale. Isabel on the other hand was twitching and crying. Her heart went out to both of them.

She painfully went over to check on her friends.

Tess closed her eyes and did something she never thought she would ever do. She prayed. To whom or what she prayed, Tess didn’t know. Just that the universe could not be so cruel to all of them. To give them so much only to rip it away.

Surely there had to be more justice than this to the world?

“Isabel? Isabel honey, do any of the others know we are caught?”

Isabel could only cry and shake. Her arms snaked around herself and she slowly curled up into a fetal position. And sobbed.

Tess could only awkwardly pat her on the back. She was too weak to move her to hold her effectively.

Tess made her decision. She could either try to escape or she could comfort Isabel. She made a serious and rational determination of her abilities.

As she was now, running would be pointless. She was simply too weak. But maybe she could find something in the front of the van. Maybe there was something she could do.

She gave first Max a kiss, and then she spent a minute trying to comfort Isabel. Tess felt a little guilty about it, as she was using her moments holding Isabel to rally her own physical strength to try to escape.

She was counting on Michael to be hard to capture. On his ability to evade and defend himself. On her friends to find and save them.

Isabel began to whine and cry, half comprehensible words flowing from her lips. She did not recognize Tess. Was completely in a world all of her own.

A horrific world.

She held Isabel tightly as she realized what was happening. Isabel was reliving Aric’s assault on her, and likely the memories of his assault on Alex.

Her blood boiled. How could Aric be so evil? How had he hidden it from her for so long?

Had she been blind to it? Or had it been easier to ignore it.

Looking back there were so many small things. Things she hadn’t noticed because she’d had so little direct contact with people who actually loved each other.

And now it was so obvious. So very obvious that Aric was evil, that he had raised her to be much the same. She had been so happy to be so much better than all the ‘pathetic lesser beings.’ So quick to use her powers, never questioning if it caused them any discomfort or long lasting harm.

Memories of some of the cruel pranks she had played on some of her classmates in the past. Played on Kyle even. Even as she had known how important he was becoming to her.

Her eyes closed as she remembered feeling as Kyle’s mind collapsed. As the damage she herself had done had nearly killed him.

There was a soft keening voice joining that of Isabel’s.

Her own.

No. No time for this. She could cry over all of this later. She needed to be strong now. Needed to somehow escape.

Maybe she could hotwire the van? Maybe she could free them all!

She began crawling upfront, ignoring the pain. How long it took her, she wasn’t sure. She just hoped it was fast enough.

She felt a tiny surge of pride when she finally managed to get herself into the driver’s seat. She stared at the steering wheel.

Once this would have been so easy. She would just touch the ignition switch, use her powers to probe it and then turn it on.

But her powers were gone. Completely gone.

How would Kyle handle this? She had memories of a younger Kyle and his friends hotwiring and joyriding cars.

Really you would think the son of the local Sherriff would be more law abiding. But then Kyle had always been Kyle…..

It brought a small smile to her face as she thought of him.

Now how would he do this? Something about the wires near the steering column and…..

The door to the van’s back opened.

Tess was out of time. She had to escape, had to get out of here. Had to warn the others…..

“Oh, Tess…. I know you are near by. You can not escape me.”

Tess tried to quietly open the driver’s side door. Tried to slip out.

She got about five feet from the van before Aric was on her.

Tess struggled.

But even though Aric was in Jan’s shape, he still had all of his normal mass. And he was so much stronger than Tess even when she was not already hurt.

It did not last long before she was laying there helpless.

Aric kissed her forehead, “You have to realize this was something I saw might someday be a problem. When you became so powerful, too powerful for me to get into your head, I worried that I might never be able to do this. I never really wanted to, you were such a good girl for such a long time. Did so much of what I told you to do. But the others persuaded you, made you human.”

“I am human. I am not denying that I was Antaran, that I need to help them. But the plan they made, the plan you still insist we follow…. It simply needs to be adjusted, it doesn’t….”

“Shhhh. Destiny, Tess. You can’t avoid it. Not now. Not after everything that has happened. You were MADE for this, my dear. Created just for this one Destiny. Deviate from it and you might as well have never been made. You are not now, nor will you ever be human, my dear. They made you, they own you, and they still need you. Even now.”

Tess struggled and tried to speak, but Aric placed a hand firmly over her mouth.

Aric smiled sadly, “This really does hurt me to do this, but the first thing you learn in the military is to have a backup plan.” He touched her forehead, his fingertips glowing golden. “I am so sorry that it has come to this.”

Tess stared up at him in horror. And then she felt as her mouth went slack. As it looked up at Aric in awe and love.

There were two of her now. One that was her, was Tess. And another more simple Tess. One eager to please her father.

And the later was firmly in control. The other Tess, the real Tess could only watch as the Other moved her body.

“I hurt Daddy.”

“I know, I am sorry Tess. But you were being bad. I am sorry I had to punish you. I need you to go into the van and to make sure your family is okay. Can you do that for me Tessie?”

Tess felt her head nod and she got up.

“Oh, and Tessie, when you are done making sure they are okay, I want you to sit up in the front seat. And wait for me.”

“Okay.” And Tess followed his orders. She made her friends comfortable as much as she could. This mind, the one controlling her now was so simple…. So childlike.

How long had he implanted this in her? How long had this been part of his plan?

And if he could do it to her…. Could he do it to the others? Could he make them like this?

She heard a few loud bangs behind her, coming from near the House. Gunshots?

The simple childlike mind that was controlling her actions didn’t care. It simply followed Aric’s orders.

She was finally buckling herself in when the night sky behind her lit up. She turned to face Jan’s House, now entirely engulfed in flames.

No. She would not accept that Kyle was in there. He HAD to have escaped.

He simply had to.

Who knows. Maybe it was Aric who had failed. Maybe, maybe all of them.

She ached to go check. To do something, anything productive. But her body remained exactly were it was supposed to be. Seated in the passenger side.

How long would this childlike mind control her? Was this permanent?

Was Tess going to go through life a passenger in her own body?

Aric limped out of the blazing inferno behind him. “There has been a change of plans.”

Tess saw that he was wounded. Nothing fatal unfortunately. But if it had been Alex who had shot him….

Maybe there was some hope. Alex had explained his plan to Tess. He had made the bullets subsonic, traveling fast enough to hurt him, but not so fast as to go all the way through.

Leaving a slug of depleted uranium inside Aric’s body. Or in this case, hopefully two.

Aric would not be able to use his powers to manipulate and distort the bullets, they were too heavy. How Alex had known that….. Tess wasn’t sure. But it had sounded right. Aric had told her something to that affect. That really heavy molecules were difficult if not impossible to manipulate.

He had told her that when he had made her manipulate heavier and heavier things. He had been so happy when she had been able to easily manage lead….

Aric would be unable to heal the wounds with his powers. What is more, if it worked the way Alex thought it should….. Each time Aric tried to shift, the bullet would move too. Only Aric would not be able to control it. It would wound him still further, possibly killing him, but definitely causing extreme pain.

Alex thought there was a good chance it might keep Aric from being able to shift at all until they were removed.

Tess certainly hoped so. It would nullify one of his greatest advantages.

Tess so wanted to say something, do something to take advantage of the situation. But she simply couldn’t. The mind in control simply waited stupidly.

Aric continued. “I need you to drive, Tessie. It will be hard for you, as you are. But I can’t trust the full you. Not yet. Hurry, Tessie. Get in the driver’s seat. I will direct you to where you need to go.”

Tess felt her head nod. And she switched seats, Aric clumsily getting into the passenger side.

And she drove. His hiding place wasn’t far.

But that was the only good news.

His secret base?

Eagle Rock.

Her thoughts as she drove into the deserted complex were prayers that Kyle was alright. That her friends had somehow survived.

Survived and more.

Because they were her only hope. Were the Royal Fours’ only hope.

Please be safe.

Please be safe. And save us.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 31 - 06/07/10

Post by PML »

Thanks again everyone for reading and following along this story. This is the last normal chapter. There is the epilogue and maybe a companion or two left to finish it all off. Thank you all again for sticking with me.

Oh yes, and I should note that A Sense of Determination will make this chapter make a bit more sense. It picks up about ten minutes or so from the end of that Companion.

Earth2Mama- Thank you again. Its all discussed in the above Companion. Alex is a little battered but fine, Michael on the other hand was captured....

keepsmiling7- Thanks. Yep, Aric appropriated Eagle Rock as his own from when he was in control of the Special Unit as Pierce. Most of the high tech gadgets were removed, but it still has rooms he can use.

Grace52373- Thanks. And I believe you are one hundred percent right about the whole sitution. Unfortunately to bring that about they are going to have to defeat Aric.... And that will not be easy.

Ti88- Thanks. Yeah, Aric is completely nuts at this point. Totally insane, but unfortunately still evil and still competent. As for some of the Companions, there will be a few more. The Epilogue won't completely close this story.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 32

Kyle-

Kyle slowly stalked up towards the door to the underground complex. He had never been here, but from the flashes he could recall Tess’s memories.

Those old memories, the ones she had when she had first arrived were so different. Cold. Detached. Happy that she was with her family, but perplexed that they were resisting what was so obvious to her.

She had been proud of her training then. Proud of her power. Perplexed by the ties they had made to the other humans.

Kyle could remember fully what she had thought of him the first time they had gone out. She had picked him solely because she knew that Liz cared for him. She had wanted them to follow her.

To see the Book.

And he had thought she had liked him. But no.

That had come later. Somewhere, at some point her taunting of him became something else. She had seen him as a person. The first human she truly had seen as such. His father had rapidly followed.

No, her love for him had started on the night where she had kissed him. Right before Liz had given her hope that she might have Max. Had drilled it into her head that Max would never love her unless they manipulated him.

She had known that intellectually at that point. Had accepted it. It was for duty’s sake, not for love’s.

But she had so desperately wanted to be loved. And while he hadn’t loved her then, she had seen inside of him and saw that he could. That he could easily love her.

As he did. Kyle loved Tess. Had loved her despite her constant warpings. Even now, knowing what she had done to him, knowing her plans for him….

Forgiving her had been so easy. Because you couldn’t truly hide inside an active Bond. Emotions and Flashes roar across it when they touched.

Kyle knew Tess. Possibly knew her more than he knew himself.

Kyle had a pretty good idea what Aric was capable of. Of what he could do, and what he would likely do to his friends. They needed to save them.

To accept and love their friends, no matter what Aric might have forced them to do.

That thought was on all of their minds. None of them spoke of it. But there was a tightness to Maria’s eyes. A trace of worry in the wall of majesty that Liz was projecting. Only Alex seemed ice cold.

And that worried Kyle. Alex wasn’t really an ice cold kind of guy. Kyle worried about this new edgy and focused Alex.

It was possible all the worry Maria and Liz were showing wasn’t just about Michael and Max. The way Alex was caressing that 9 mm…..

Kyle shook his head. He needed to stay focused himself. He had to keep his eyes open. Because Aric was capable of more than just shape shifting.

If Alex was right though, those bullets should keep him from not just shape shifting, but also walking through objects. Aric would not be able to manipulate the heavy depleted uranium.

Aric could still become invisible. That was a trick of the light, wrapping it around him and using his other abilities to sense his targets.

Kyle shuddered. There had been a reason that Tess had not wanted to face Aric.

They were not invulnerable. They had weaknesses, things that could be used if you knew what you were fighting. It was how Whitaker had gotten the drop on Aric.

That was the true key.

Initiative.

If you could get him before he got you, you stood a good chance of success. If you used the right weapons. Even then he could be repaired with the Healing Stones. A mistake their friends had made.

But then they hadn’t known how evil he was. In truth, not even Tess had known then. By the time she had gone through hid papers, found what he had truly been doing all those years…..

Kyle shook his head. Tess’s fear of not being trusted had caused her to hide so many things.

Well it would be something they would all have to deal with when this was over. But Tess’s acceptance of Liz, her willingness to accept her new lowered position…. That boded well for the future.

If they had one.

Kyle whispered to Maria. “Do you still sense him?”

Her voice was soft. “He is close. Very close.”

Liz put her arm on Kyle. “Kyle, Alex, Maria, we should wait here. I feel the next few minutes, will be…. Intense. We need to be ready and rested.”

Maria looked forward with her blind eyes. Eyes that saw only the faintest of light now. But that lack let her sense the Bonds that tied them all together. Bonds to their friends.

Even a Bond with the enemy. An enemy that saw his wife in her.

Kyle looked at a girl he had once thought an overbearing flake. Had Maria truly changed or had he?

Both. Both of them were growing up, forced by events to make difficult choices. To lie and hide part of who they were.

And all of them had died. Each of them had been saved on the brink of death by Max. By an alien hybrid King with miraculous healing powers. Perhaps that had marked them.

It had Liz. As had the decision to embrace the notion that she was more than just little Lizzie Parker from Roswell.

Max might be a King in exile, but Liz was definitely a Queen. Even now her hand blazed forth a light brighter than Alex’s flashlight.

Liz was one of them now. She had used her powers to open locked doors and other sundry tasks that had helped getting them this far. She had embraced the part of her that had changed, and was capable of doing the most marvelous things.

Things that Kyle wanted. He did. Really.

And yet.

It frightened him. Because sometimes when he was meditating he thought he could feel things. Could almost, almost touch and control the air around him.

No he was normal. He was.

He still was.

Wasn’t he?

Because that was the thing. He didn’t feel normal. Hadn’t for a while now. It was one of the reasons he had taken up Buddhism.

He knew he had a long way to enlightenment. But it calmed him somehow. Because now at least he was on the path.

He reached into his pocket and grabbed the TAG. Would it work on him? They had all talked about it, and were fairly sure it would affect Liz.

Even Liz thought so.

Maria and Liz were talking to each other softly. Liz was watching Alex with a little worry. She looked at Kyle and motioned to Alex.

Yeah.

Might as well talk to Alex. Make sure he didn’t do something stupid and get them all killed.

Alex was the only one of them truly eager to face Aric. Alex simply wanted to finish his job of killing Aric.

“Hey, Alex. How are you holding up?”

Alex looked at him coolly “How exactly do you expect me to be right now. I just want to get this over with. The sooner he is dead, the sooner Isabel can begin healing,”

Kyle looked at him and sighed. “And what about you? You aren’t going to get yourself killed out there are you? Because that would hurt Isabel immensely.” He looked over at the girls, “It’s not enough that we win, we have to survive. They will need us.”

“Maria and Liz? They will be fine. And you know that both of us need to protect them. That is as much our job as anything else.”

Kyle grunted, “I thought I was supposed to be the chauvinist one here.”

“And you think Max or Michael would do less for our girls?” Alex shook his head. “I don’t mean it like they can’t take care of themselves, because they can. And they will cover out backs too. But we need to protect them anyway. Just as they will us.”

Kyle nodded.

Liz said quietly, passing around a couple of water bottles. “Take a quick drink. Its just around the corner.”

Maria nodded taking a sip of hers. “He’s close. And getting closer.” Her eyes widened, “He’s here!”

A blast rolled from down the corridor flinging Alex against the wall.

Kyle looked over towards where Aric had to be. And saw nothing.

He felt as something hit him, and partly rolled off. He was still flung against the wall. But he was better of than Alex.

Alex looked like he’d been knocked out. Only the slow movement of his chest told Kyle he was alive.

Liz and Aric power dueled in the corridor, both knowing that their would be only one end to it.

Kyle reached for the TAG. It had been in his hands when he had been blasted. But it was not there now.

Kyle desperately looked around, trying to find it.

It was no where to be seen.

Liz went down, he could see her groaning over in the corner.

Aric went over to finish her.

Maria leapt on him, kicking and punching. A veritable whirlwind of violence.

Kyle stood there stunned. Where had Maria learned to fight like that? It was an odd combination of clumsiness and agility. It was like her brain knew how to move, but her body did not. The slight hesitation in her movements showed it.

Aric had no such lack. He was a warrior trained. But he was wounded, and so he was not as fast. Why he didn’t just blast her…..

Kyle stood up. He had to stop this. Maria was as doomed in her own way as Liz had been. Kyle was starting to believe the Shapeshifter was just toying with her. Almost enjoying the spar.

Kyle started to move.

Just in time. Because Aric had finally tired of his play and now held Maria against the wall. “I enjoyed this Mirelille. But once again your day is done. Once more you fall by my hand.” Aric had one hand on her throat and was pushing her hard against the wall. “

Kyle was building up speed.

Aric raised one hand, one glowing hand that slowly was moving towards Maria‘s skin. “Why? Why do you always resist? You knew too much then. Maybe if I hadn’t told you everything, hadn’t told you about the hybrid children….”

Kyle knew that if Aric touched Maria like that she would die. He would heat her up her internal temperature until she cooked from the inside. He needed to HURRY!

Aric‘s voice now had a edge of tears to them, “Maybe I wouldn’t have had to kill you before I left. But we couldn’t leave someone who could compromise the mission live. At least they let me do it. One of the others might have, might have….. But now once more you stand against me and……”

Kyle was more of a running back than a tackle. But then he was an even better wrestler. Adding in the speed he made a flying tackle that would have been a joy to their coach.

They all landed hard.

Unfortunately it was Aric who reacted first.

Kyle felt as his right arm was twisted in an unnatural position, felt as it was broken with a crack that could be heard. Kyle felt as pain surged into his adrenaline fueled rage.

Kyle tried to fight back, but down an arm and somewhat rattled from his fall, he wasn’t able to defeat him.

Aric tossed him against the wall, and kicked him hard in the knee cap.

Kyle felt as it too broke.

He wasn’t helpless, but he was close.

Aric came closer and kicked him again in the stomach. Aric was so much stronger. Too strong for them.

Initiative. You could defeat a Shifter if you got them before he got you. If you could attack him when he wasn’t ready. Or in a way he wasn’t prepared for.

Their plan probably would have worked. But they had trusted their luck too much. And Aric had so much more experience than them.

Kyle readied himself for another kick. Trying desperately to keep him from hitting anything truly vital.

Aric looked down and laughed. At him and at Maria, who lay dazed next to them. “No. You, my dear Kyle I am going to savor. You have given me such trouble. If it weren’t for you, Tess would have played along. But no, you had to fill her head with such dreams!” Aric bitterly laughed, “But I don’t have to kill you. No. Her now….” He turned to face a now standing Liz. “Now she needs to die. Don’t worry, you will be joining her. Eventually. But she needs to die if the Royal Line is to live.”

Liz looked up at Aric. “You still say you serve the Royal line of Antar. You claim you are its servant. And yet you fight against your King, fight against his wishes.”

“Destiny, harlot. Destiny. They are Destined to procreate and in time return and save Antar. Something you are slowing down. Millions of lives dying all because you have a petty crush on the King. And he returns it. No it is better that you die now, so that he can reclaim his Queen.”

Liz looked so tired, so fragile to Kyle’s pain soaked eyes. He wanted to look away, and yet he couldn’t. He could not turn away from Liz. There was a fragile elegance to her battered figure. A remnant of the majesty she had projected at the party.

It was still there. Kyle would never be sure what had caught in Liz’s eyes, but they seemed to flare. She seemed become… MORE than she had been moments earlier. As if she had been granted some deeper strength that she hadn’t had access to before.

What she said, and how she said it, Kyle would never know. But the words she spoke were not human. The sound reminded him slightly of the music Alex had made for Isabel…. But where that had seemed to speak of love and protection, this demanded attention.

Aric was visibly shocked. “No. No it is not possible. I don’t believe it!”

Liz cocked her head slightly to the side, “Is it not said that the Fallen King will bring his Queen back from death? That she will give him his crown as surely as he gives her hers? Do you dare threaten the line of Kings?’

“But how? How could it be…..”

A shock wave rolled through the room. Kyle felt pressed harder against the wall, causing his broken ribs to grind. Kyle could hear the room echo with his scream.

Liz too was staggered by the blow, knocked down. The waves of glory that had been rolling from her were gone, leaving a tired and battered young woman.

Aric fell down hardest. Flung slightly down the hall.

But how…..

A tall lanky figure holding a pistol in one hand the TAG in the other.

Alex.

“Sorry Liz. Maybe you would have been able to persuade him. Possibly even make him work for us. But we could never trust him. Not truly.”

Kyle couldn’t see Alex’s shadowed eyes as looked across the room and surveyed the damage. He could see Alex’s already hard expression get even harder as he took in their injuries.

Alex continued, “No. He can not be saved. Not this time. Maybe if he had been willing to talk. Willing to work with us. But you had your own ideas of what was supposed to be. Perhaps it was even the real plan.” Alex walked up to where Aric lay and twitched. “But you are supposed to be a military man. Both of my parents are military. And you know the one thing they both agreed on, is that no matter how good the plan is, things change. Situations change. And so do the plans. They have to change.”

Liz’s voice was weak, “Alex, you don’t have to do this. Let Michael or Max, but not you. You have always been the peaceful, happy one. Don’t let that change.”

“That Alex will never be able to come back unless I do this. I promised her. By my hand. And so it will be.” Alex raised the gun and pointed it Aric. “Good bye.” The gun barked loudly in the corridor. “You could have been so useful to us. You could have Protected us like you were supposed to.” Alex emptied the clip into the fallen Protector.

Kyle could feel his world going dark. So much pain. Every movement, every breath hurt him just a little more.

Maria said, “Guys, we need to get Max. Kyle is hurt real bad.”

Kyle didn’t really remember much after that.

Only that they had won.

He just wish victory didn’t hurt quite so much….
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 32 - 06/15/10

Post by PML »

Okay. This is apparently the story that would not die. I had planned to finish the main story up here, maybe write a couple Companions and that would be it. I still have a little bit more to do with the main storyline, so probably a Kyle part and then an epilogue.

Ellie- Thanks. I fear you are right about Alex. The next part is basically them healing Kyle, so we will get to that. But he's badly injured, and without major surgery or convenient alien powers, likely would be crippled for life. But he's not dying.

Grace52373- Thanks. Aric had to kill his wife because he had told her too much. She could not go with the mission, and knew too much to let get captured. So someone had to kill her. Aric volunteered, as he tried to make it as painless as possible. It still left horrible scars on his psyche though, ones not improved by his time on Earth.

Discalimer- Roswell is not mine and no infringement is intended.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 33

Tess-

Tess’s mind was still split. Her childlike self in full physical control of her body. Which is why she stood now in front of the rooms mirror playing with barrettes in her hair.

Trying to make herself look good for her family.

Aric had told her that the man asleep in her room was for her. That he was her mate and that they would need to sleep together.

The real Tess had a massive chuckle at that. This was where Aric simply hadn’t thought things through. Tessy had a very juvenile mind. Sleeping together meant exactly that. Sleep.

Aric had directed Tessy to help him undress all of them. To tuck them each pair into their bed. Aric had calmly started to describe how the boy would put a little baby into her belly when an alarm sounded.

Her friends had come to rescue her.

The real Tess had been full of fear and elation. Worry and desperation made her fling herself into the tiny cracks that made up Tessy’s childlike mind.

Aric had looked at her, tears beginning to form. “I am so sorry it has come to this My Queen. One day I will stand trial, and you will all punish me. But I have only done what I must. I can only hope that you will all understand. Someday.”

Tessy had looked over at the bed, the blanket of which covered a naked unconscious and bruised Max. Her mate and yet….. Something screamed at her that this was simply not right. That this was not HER choice. That he, that daddy had tried to force her to do something she didn’t want to do.

She looked up at Daddy and asked, “Why? If it is bad, why are you doing it?”

Aric looked at the screen that showed four teenagers walking through a door, the two girls leading. And one of the boys talking quietly to the other.

The real Tess felt her heart swell and contract all at once. They had talked about this. About the need for total surprise. That the only real way to beat a shifter was to attack him when and where he was not ready.

Her friends were moving into a trap!

Aric said quietly, “Because it was obvious that this is the only way I can get you to do what you must. The only way that Destiny could be fulfilled. The humans always got in the way. Something I could not understand until I met Merelille again.” He shook his head vigorously, “I don’t even know if she is the same person reborn or if I am breaking apart. But she is so much like her. Not in form, not in form at all….” Aric focused the screen on Maria who was staring blankly off in the distance. “Not in form at all, but in spirit….”

“Did you really have to hurt us?”

Aric looked over at her and sighed, “I don’t know. I just don’t know anymore. I can only do what I think best, do what I know is in your best interests. And my time is so short now. I am old and dying, Tess. I can not wait for you to explore your human sides anymore. If you are to save Antar, if you are to do what needs to be done, it needs to be now. I have paid too much for anything less.” He shook his head. “Go lay down next to Max.”

Tessy nodded and walked over to the bed and watched Max sleep for a few minutes. She slid into the bed and felt the warmth of Max under the blanket they now shared.

This made her feel strange. Sort of fluttery inside. Part of her wanted to touch Max, to explore him. His body looked so much different from her own.

But it felt wrong too. Very wrong.

Why would her father want her to do something that felt so wrong. And she wasn’t sure she wanted Max to put a doll into her belly.

Wrong.

It was wrong.

I want children. I do. But not by him. Not by Max. Break through, Tess. Even partition in my mind can feel how wrong this is.

I just need to take back control. And wake up!

She heard the door behind her close.

Tessy got up and stood in front of the mirror. She looked at her body. It was so much older and developed than she remembered.

She was old.

She cupped a breast in one hand and ran fingers through her curls on her lower belly.

What had happened? How had she grown up so fast? How had she developed? Why didn’t she remember any of it?

Tessy put on a shirt. Her body confused her. All the changes confused her.

She knew things she shouldn’t. She had driven a car.

That had been fun!

But… but… when had she learned? And Daddy had let her, had expected her to know. And she had.

There was something going on here she didn’t understand. And there was something in her mind that was almost keeping her from fully thinking about it.

Something was blocking her!

Tess pushed as hard as she could, trying to make contact. To break through to the constructed mind that Aric had built to control her with. How long had he spent making this? How much of her childhood had he used his powers and whispered to her in her sleep?

She had been very young. That was for certain.

But where Aric had made a mistake, one that she could feel slowly letting her in.

Tessy was still Tess. A young, naïve, and obedient Tess. But still her.

And there had never been a day when Tess hadn’t been suspicious that all was not as it seemed. For the deepest secret of her power was this… to alter what someone could perceive, she had to have a firm grasp on what actually was there. To tell the best lies one must know the truth. For the best lies are partly true. True enough to mislead even when deception begins to fade.

True enough to make someone want to believe even after they know it is wrong.

Like Destiny. Destiny was one such lie. And just because she was suspicious and good at lying did not change one horrible fact.

It was hard to disbelieve something you wanted, desperately wanted to be true.

And she had wanted it so badly. Wanted Max, not for himself, not for who he was, but the image of him. The imaginary duty and obligation that she had thrown herself at.

The idea that she was better. Simply intrinsically better than everyone, not because of what she had done, or even what she could do. But because of who she was.

She had been so proud. He had made her so proud of who she had been. Told her that she needed to be that again, that the fate of millions rested on it. That they trusted her to do it, trusted her to return and reclaim a past life gone wrong.

The best way to persuade someone is to make them WANT to believe. And she had done that to all of her friends and family. Used their strengths and weaknesses against them to push them in the desired direction. Playing off pride and insecurity like a master musician.

Only. She had been fooled as much as they. Had been turned against herself at such a young age.

And why? To go back and save a dying world? To throw away a second chance at happiness and life?

Tessy put a couple more barrettes in her hair and stared deeply into her blue eyes. And remembered a pair of stormy blue grey ones staring back.

And she smiled.

That was what she really wanted. Not the man laying on the bed behind her. But the eyes she saw so clearly in her mind. The ready smile. The sarcastic wit.

Her head filled with pain, with a mind shattering pain that scorched her very soul.

But her eyes never left the mirror. Never left the imaginary eyes she saw in it.

His eyes.

She reached out to touch them, to touch the imaginary face that they belong to.

This was what she could have. What she should have this time around. It was not her fate or destiny to marry the king. Not this time.

And that was okay. She would make a better counselor. Maybe he would actually pay attention to her now that sex was not involved.

Tessy shook her head.

That had not been her. For a moment she had felt as if another mind had surfaced. That another mind was trying to take over!

NO! No she had to protect herself! She couldn’t let herself go away, let herself be destroyed…..

Tess smile at herself in the mirror.

You are part of me. But you are only a part. Don’t you want to know the whole truth? To know why Daddy is doing what he is doing? Why you feel that what he is doing is wrong?”

Tessy slowly nodded and placed her palm on the mirror.

And there was pain.

So much PAIN!

She blacked out for what seemed like forever.

But when she came to she was herself. She was Tess. All of herself. Even the tiny part that Aric had partitioned off from her to use if he needed to.

She was whole now. And still powerless.

Damn.

She walked over and shook Max awake.

He groggily sat up. “Tess? What happened? Where is Isabel?”

“Isabel?”

“Isabel attacked me. I don’t know why.” He started to get up, but noticed his nakedness. “Um do you mind handing me…..”

Tess threw his clothes at him. She grabbed her own and got dressed. She growled out, “Aric. It has to be. He probably put some suggestion in her last night. The man needs to be stopped. As in permanently.”

“Any ideas on how to do that? I don’t know about you, but I can’t seem to do anything.”

Tess nodded. “Our friends have come to save us. I only hope they are okay.” She walked over to the door. It was locked.

Of course.

“I don’t know if you know how to….”

From the other room came. BOOM….. BOOOOMMM….. BOOOOOOMMMMM.

Tess heard as something cracked.

Both Max and Tess stood ready. Aric was in for a surprise….. They were not going down without a fight. Not this time.

It was Michael. His nodded. One arm reached out and grabbed Max. “Your sister needs you. Can you heal at all?”

Max shook his head, but followed Michael.

Tess started to, but caught sight of the monitors. In one she saw a battered but proud Liz stare down Aric. Aric just backed away, stunned at some revelation.

Tess smiled. The baby. It had to be the baby. He could not directly harm the Royal Line. “Guys, come here!”

Max came out. “Tess, what is it? Isabel’s badly shaken up. Those warps you and Liz put on her are gone and….”

Tess just grabbed Max and pointed at the screen. “I wish there was audio.”

Michael stumbled out, “Max, come on, she’s crying for you. For us.” He looked at Tess, “Hey can you help her get dressed. I don’t thing Max or I should do anything. She’s, she’s….” Tears began flowing down his cheeks. “It’s like she is broken and I don’t know how to help her.”

Tess glanced away for just one moment, but when she looked back everyone was staggered against the wall. And a tall lanky figure walked in front of the camera.

Alex pointed the gun at Aric, fired once. He stopped and said something. And then fired the gun over and over, trying to fire it several times even after the gun was empty.

Tess caught his eyes briefly in the camera as he turned back to face his friends. Cold, focused, and determined.

She had seen those eyes before. In the mirror or on Michael. Even once or twice on Liz.

But never on Alex. Never on happy go lucky Alex, who always knew how to make you laugh, no matter how stupid his jokes.

Aric had taken so much from all of them.

How would they ever recover?

Tess looked up at the other two, “They will be here soon. See if you can find some medical supplies or a phone or something. Kyle at least will need it.” She walked into the room where Isabel still lay.

Tess looked at her tall friend. Her blonde hair was darkened by sweat, and there was a terror on her face that just looked out of place on Isabel. Tess patted her, “Aric is dead.”

Isabel said softly, “I know. Alex killed him. He promised me.” She began rocking herself slightly, tears slipping down her cheeks. “Good old Alex. Always keeps his promises, no matter how much it hurt him. And this hurt him…. I can feel it. I can feel the pain, feel the…. Feel the love. He still loves me. Even now, even after all that I have cost him. Why? Why does he love me so?”

Tess just held her. “I don’t know why Kyle loves me either. All I have done is lie to him.”

Isabel’s voice a touch of her old self, “and lie with him. This is Kyle we are talking about.” A tiny smile peeked out, “With the chemistry you two have, I am surprised I didn’t see it earlier.”

“Feeling better?”

Isabel shook her head, “No. But Alex is coming and he will need me.” She said wonderingly, “He really needs me as much as I need him. It’s funny.”

Tess watched as Isabel slowly put on her clothes. When she was finished she held the girl as they sat on the bed and waited for their friends to arrive.

They did not have that long to wait.

Alex walked in and held a hand out to Isabel.

Isabel looked up at him and said, “Its finally over.”

Alex smiled, the smile seeming only a little forced, “No, my dear, it has now begun….”

Tess left to see what the others were up to. To give Alex and Isabel a little more space.

A slightly battered Liz was talking with Max and Michael. Michael had a first aid kit, but Max had something she hadn’t expected. Healing Stones.

Aric had a spare apparently.

“So what is the plan?”

Liz smiled at Tess as she rounded the corner. “Well, Alex zapped me. And apparently whatever Aric gave you zapped your powers. But the Healing Stones…..”

Tess nodded. “Should work. At least to give juice to El Jefe here so he can heal Kyle.”

Michael smirked at her.

Max said quietly, “El Jefe?”

Tess shrugged, “Kyle must be rubbing off on me. Let’s just give Alex and Isabel a moment and…..”

Isabel and Alex came out of the room, holding hands. “Let’s go.”
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 33 - 06/28/10

Post by PML »

Thanks again. This is the last regular part of A Kiss. There will be an epilogue and several other Companions to flesh out the fates of the other couples. Paladin is one such, but never fear both Max and Liz, and Maria and Michael will have theirs as well. Thank you all again, I hope you have enjoyed this story.

Grace52373- Thank you. I really tried to make this Tess likable. To see the evil version, read my Weathering the Storm sometime.

Ellie- Thanks. You know me, I never can make it easy for them. Yep. And you will see what they do to Arics body in this part.

Ti88- Thanks.

Leila- Thanks. Hope you enjoyed.

Disclaimer- roswell is not mine and no infringement is intended.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On part 34

Kyle-

Kyle was sitting in a quiet garden. It was lush, more lush than any he had ever seen. Off in the distance he could hear a stream trickling on by. Peaceful. Calm.

So Kyle did what anyone might do in such a situation, He meditated. Quietly listening and waiting. Trying to quell the impatience that had often ruled his life.

Waiting for his friends to call him back. He knew this. He knew them. Only death itself would keep them from retrieving him. And with Max and Liz, who knew if that would stop them?

He had been here before. Only this time he was fairly sure he wasn’t actually dying. Just in shock.

Of course that shock could kill him just as dead as the when Tess had treated his brain like scrambled eggs or his own father had shot him.

Sigh.

Well Buddha had said, ‘You only hurt the ones you love’, right? It would figure that my lover and my dad would be the ones who have caused me the greatest chances of death.,.. Followed rapidly by the odds of getting wiped out by aliens along with the rest of my friends…..

Such is life in the Alien Abyss,

None of this was real. He knew that. Just his mind projecting something to keep himself sane. An illusion like most of the world, this one a little smaller. A world for one.

Kyle breathed in deep. The air smelled so very fresh, so very alive.

A good place to wait. To listen and for a moment simply be.

And so he was.

How long he was there, free from the worries and pain that wracked his physical body, Kyle could never say.

It didn’t matter anyway. The memory of this time, this peace, would carry him through all the trials and troubles that would inevitably follow the life of such an important supporter of the Evans Dynasty. Moreover his calmness would rub off on Tess.

They would never lose their sense of fun, their sense of spontaneity, but they would be at peace. Tranquil.

That didn’t stop Tess or for that matter Kyle, from being ruthless as hell, and highly effective. Perhaps more effective.

It helped that he knew, KNEW that his friends would be there for him. Just as he would be there for him.

And they were.

After a timeless and precious moment, Kyle could feel them.

He was sitting cross-legged in center of a circle.

Michael stood there, Maria at his side. Hand in hand they walked down a line between them. Michael helped him up, a half smile on his lips.

Maria shook her head and gave him a hug,

And they were gone.

Kyle turned and there was a sad but determined Alex, flanked by a battered Isabel. His heart immediately went out to both of them,. Both of them were so battered, so damaged by events….

But they carried each other.

Alex gravely shook his hand. It hurt Kyle to see his funny friend so grave, so solemn. But Kyle promised himself he would be there for his friend.

Isabel too, was battered, but not broken. She lightly hugged him, but she could feel the compassion underneath the skittishness, He would be there for her too.

Gone was the innocence that either had possessed, and Kyle missed it. It would be good to see whole again someday, he would do what he could to see that happened,

For they were truly his friends.

Liz came next. A friendly smile on her face. She walked up and gave him a hug and a tiny kiss.

Kyle would always love her just a little, she was his first in so many ways. The first girl he had truly cared for. The first he had truly seen as a complete and whole person, while still being a girl.

And now she was more. She was his leader. Oh, sure, maybe Max was the leader of the group. But Kyle would never truly follow Max. He would follow Liz.

Just like they had in regaining their friends. Just like in so many of the cases and alien based madness they had gotten into. He supposed he would trust Max someday.

He trusted Liz now, and likely always would trust her more.

She vanished with a smile.

He turned and felt Tess appear. He could feel as she slowly walked up to him, a smile on her face and a promise in her eyes.

Kyle loved her. It was as simple as that.

More, he knew that she loved him. That her love had been what had changed her, had let her fight against the man who had once been her father.

They still had issues. Problems that would loom, but he thought that they could work through it. He was certain that he would want to. That he would need to.

And he knew that she felt the same.

She kissed him, and more than a chaste little kiss. Both of them could feel as the process wanted to move her, to carry on to the next person in the circle,

But both of them wanted and needed the other too bad. So they hung suspended in the Balance, making out like there was not tomorrow. When they both broke to scavenge air they didn’t really need here, they laughed and Tess was gone.

But he knew she was waiting for him.

One more person to speak with. It was always the same, always El Presidente. He could not help but grit his teeth. The man had always rubbed him the wrong way, even when the guy was right.

Even so, Max was his friend. Their friendship would likely never be incredibly close, but in time they would trust each other.

In truth, they did so now. Max still had some anger and reservations regarding the whole Future Max debacle, and the fact that Kyle did indeed sleep with Liz.

Even if he was no more at fault than Isabel and Alex were in their own plight. It was part of why he sympathized with them as much as he did. Why he truly understood them.

Kyle was damaged too. Just not as badly.

But Max, Max would need them. Need them all.

And just as he was always there to help pick up the pieces when they got hurt, so too would Kyle be there to support Max.

Kyle could feel pain as Max held his hand. Could feel as his bones moved back into place.

From his eyes, he could see that Max felt the same thing. Perhaps all of them were even now feeling as he was being healed by Max. All Kyle knew was that he was in the garden and then he was awake, grimy but awake in Eagle Rock.

He looked up at his battered friends and humbly said, “Thank you.”

Tess bent down and clung to him. She whispered in his ear, “Let’s go home, Buddha boy, I have a lamp that needs serious, serious trimming.”

Kyle lifted her as he stood up, “Let’s go home.”

Alex said calmly, “What about Aric?”

Tess wrinkled her nose. “There is an incinerator on this floor.” She kissed Kyle, “Sorry, looks like it will have to wait.”

Kyle set her down, and Tess lead Michael and Alex to the incinerator where they burnt Aric’s body.

They then fashioned a box out of depleted uranium strips for the walls. Michael would toss it into the deep lake in the abandoned quarry that they so often visited.

All of them were quiet, clinging to their special someone. No one wanted to talk about the last few days, They would have to eventually, but for now…. For now it was all too raw.

And so they went home, and began the beginning of the rest of their lives.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Kiss to Build a Dream On (CC K/T, Adult) Pt 34 - 07/08/10

Post by PML »

Well this is it. The last part of the main story. There will still be some lingering Companions to deal with the loose ends, the first of which is Paladin. But Max and Liz as well as Maria and Michael will have theirs as well to finish out the saga. Thank you to all of you who have followed along this whole story.

A special note once more to Chris Kenworthy who purchased this story at one of the Save Stacie auctions oh, so long ago. Was it even close to what you were expecting? I certainly hit the 10,000 words promised!

Leila- Thanks. This is it for the Kyle and Tess storyline. But as stated above at least some of the plot threads will be dealt with in follow on Companions.

Ellie- Thanks. Moving on from this will be harder for some of them than others. Expect a few follow up Companions to cover those loose ends. And I will pm you on them when I start them if you wish.

Grace52373- Thanks. They will heal, in time. It would help if they had someone who could conduct therapy I agree. But who could they truly go to for it?

Carrie- Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed it.

A Kiss to Build a Dream On Epilogue

Tess-

Tess lay back on Kyle’s bed. The bed that used to be hers.

She breathed in deep, to catch his scent. And caught hers as well. He hadn’t washed the sheets since she had left, leaving both of the scents mixed.

Tess smiled at the imagery that conjured in her mind. She wriggled a little on the bed and remembered last night.

After they had torched the body, all of them had needed some rest. And couple by couple they had broken off to spend some time with their loved one. She was fairly certain that all of them had had sex save Isabel and Alex.

Tess frowned. It would take all of them together to help those two survive this. But she had talked with Liz and Maria last night, all of them still somewhat flushed and happy. It had felt so good to be accepted by them. To be one of them.

A reward for making the right choices, Tess was sure. Destiny be hanged. She would make her own, and Kyle was very much going to be part of it. As were her friends.

Tess had gained so much from these last few days. It would be the least she could do to help the others as much as she could. And there was so much to fix and deal with. Maria’s blindness and parental problems. Liz’s pregnancy. Isabel and Alex’s extreme trauma.

Together they would all make it.

All three of them had dropped by to talk with Vicky and Pam. It had been somewhat subdued with Vicky’s injuries, but they all agreed that after Vicky got out of the Hospital they would talk about all of what they had learned.

They would keep the secret.

Friends! Tess had never thought she would have so many people that she could or would ever care for. Had never thought she would truly treasure a humans friendship.

But she did.

Those issues and problems were for another day, however. All of them had agreed that today they needed normal. To just be themselves and enjoy their lives. To take a deep breath and deal with the big issues after Christmas.

Speaking of which, Tess had to hit the stores later, after the movie. She had a much larger gift list than she had.

That is why Tess was here. Kyle was taking her to see a movie. Only Kyle being Kyle, he had overslept. Probably not used to the new place.

He was in the bathroom taking a shower at the moment.

But that was okay. Tess didn’t mind. They would have to pick a different showing, but until then Tess reveled in the memories of the place.

Not quite flashes, but she could feel little spots of emotion. Like here on the bed.

She smiled. Pleasant memories indeed.

Tess reached over the edge of the bed to the floor and pulled up a magazine. Tess smirked at the Busty Biker Babes magazine.

Some things never changed.

Tess smirked and began to change the pictures. She had promised she would do this for him, would make a booklet just for his pleasure.

This magazine would do.

She paged through it, looking at the women and shaking her head. Some of these poor women probably would have horrible back problems some day. And most of them were probably implants anyway. Why would you do that to yourself?

She looked down at her own breasts. Did guys really want such massive boobs? The certainly checked out Tess’s often enough at school. Besides, hers fit her body quite well.

She imagined herself actually wearing the outfit the girl had on. Little more than a couple of strips of cloth angling across her chest and covering her nipples. And a tiny little thong to complete the out fit.

Her mouth quirked up in a grin at the sight of Kyle’s reaction to her like that.

Well they had missed the movie they had been going to see anyway.

A pleasant warmth settled in her belly as she began to work on her outfit. She was really going to have to go out and buy some stuff with the other girls once Isabel was better. Aric hadn’t actually trained her the art of walking in heels. She simply didn’t have any.

Oh well. She would live with the lack this time. She’d just be kicking them right off anyway.

Kyle was taking an awfully long shower.

Tess shook her head, and blushing slightly walked across the house closing most of the window shades completely.

Lighting would be crucial to this.

But she should have done that BEFORE she had gotten dressed up in this little bit of nothing. She waved to the next door neighbor as he just stared at her, cigarette slipping from his mouth.

She giggled and thought, ‘That probably brought a little excitement to mowing the lawn.’

Sherriff Valenti was almost certainly going to hear about this. But then even though it was her old house, she didnt live here anymore.

It would be nice to be frank and honest with the man.

Besides she had near to complete control over her bodies reproductive cycle. Her current egg was inert. No chance of pregnancy here. (Now if she could somehow learn to control her menstruation cycle she would truly be a happy woman.)

Nope. She wanted kids. But not right now. So there was no way she was going to let Jim Valenti play the pregnancy scare card on her.

They were going to have enough trouble helping Max and Liz out with their children.

Disease, injure, illness, all could be handled by Liz for most things, Max for anything major. So also not an issue.

As for marriage…..

If the Sherriff were willing to sign the papers she would drag Kyle down there today. She didn’t need a kick ass wedding. Not like Liz and Maria had been talking about. She’d be happy with the man and the ring.

Besides. If she changed her mind, they could always do the massive wedding in a few years.

Nope. Access to Kyle was pretty much non-negotiable.

Assuming, of course, he agreed.

The door opened and a harried Kyle spilled out. “Sorry I took so long Tess, I promise…..” He paused and looked at the now darkened room. One hand reached out and a tiny silvery light encase his hand. “Tess?”

She stepped from the shadows and let a carefully set line of light wash across her and her costume. “Well, hello Buddha-boy. I figured, since you were getting ready, so should I.”

His jaw dropped as he drank her appearance in.

A thorough success if the tenting of the towel wrapping around him was any measure. She smilingly walked up to him.

And kissed him.

She felt as his arms wrapped around her and they both languorously kissed each other breathless.

Tess had learned a lot in this hectic and painful week. She had made her choice and chosen her destiny. And it was Earth and Kyle.

As the flashes rolled across them, they dreamed of what they were, what they had been, and what they would be..

For this was truly a kiss to build a dream on.

A dream and more.

A life.

Trouble would come and go. But they would face it together. Always together.

And they made love.
Last edited by PML on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.