More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Spacegirl04
Addicted Roswellian
Location: will change avi if someone else has it; waiting to be admitted to psych ward

Post by Spacegirl04 »

umm i would say google it but I'm sure someone else has links to screencaps if that's what your asking..not sure, but roswellscreen grabs has some great pics..I don't have the link though...
My Fics

Save the cheerleader Save the world,-heroes, I say huh?
Venus_star2.com
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Venus_star2.com »

okay heres my question...what size can a banner be for a story and how do you post it...i made one myself and...i don't know how to post it

help me out

rae
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

Hey Rae!

I'm gonna quote the forum moderator here:
Borderinsanity wrote:All Fic Banners -- Max size allowed is 550 x 500. THIS IS THE MAXIMUM FOLKS!
In order to post the banner you have to upload it at an image hosting service. Example of this is http://www.imagestation.com and http://photobucket.com

When you've uploaded the image, you preferbly right click on the image and choose "Properties..." then you'll get the link to your image. You copy this link and post it in your post like this: [*img]http://www.....[/*img] - without the *

If I'm being unclear in anyway, feel free to pm me :)

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey Everyone...I'm new to the banner club, so I had a hopefully quick question. If I have a picture and I just want to take the person out and then post the person to a new image, how would I do that? I have PSP, so if anyone can help or show me where a good tutorial is I would appreciate it. Would I have to manually go through and remove the background, or is there a special short cut to crop just the figue?
Sarah_helen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sarah_helen »

Maxsgurl wrote:Hey Everyone...I'm new to the banner club, so I had a hopefully quick question. If I have a picture and I just want to take the person out and then post the person to a new image, how would I do that? I have PSP, so if anyone can help or show me where a good tutorial is I would appreciate it. Would I have to manually go through and remove the background, or is there a special short cut to crop just the figue?
I'm afraid there's no easy way to do this , as far as I know. You've either got to use the Lassoo tool (looks like a rope and will be with the marquee tool) or erase away the edges very gently until you get it close. It depends on what effect you want to get in the end. Personally I tend to erase using a small brush for the edges as I'm too impatient with the lassoo tool and get jaggedy and harsh edges but It's a matter of experimenting until you find what fits you.

I haven't been able to find a tutorial as of yet but I'll keep looking. x[/url]
LittleHottie510
Addicted Roswellian
Location: A little place me and Tanya like to call.... ZanLand!

Post by LittleHottie510 »

I'm pretty new to this whole... photoshopping thing. I'm learning as I go, right now, the only thing I can really do is make wallpapers, and they never look all that great... but I'm trying. *lol*

I've seen a few different arts, where someone has changed the color of someones eyes, or changed the color of something else... I *believe* that they called it colorization, or something.

Can anyone help me with how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

*Sarah*
<center>S&M-*Twinkie* -n- *Twin*</center>
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

LittleHottie510 wrote:I'm pretty new to this whole... photoshopping thing. I'm learning as I go, right now, the only thing I can really do is make wallpapers, and they never look all that great... but I'm trying. *lol*

I've seen a few different arts, where someone has changed the color of someones eyes, or changed the color of something else... I *believe* that they called it colorization, or something.

Can anyone help me with how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

*Sarah*
Try this sight:
Colorization
hope it helps!
-Cyn-
<center>Image
touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

hey gues I just receantly came out of being a drifter and i have story on the alternate universe fan fiction-anyways -my question is how do i get a realy good banner? And if i have bad luck with banners how can i make my own :?:

im not even sure if this is where im suppost to ask this question- if it's not please don't beat me up guys :(

And how can i get picture to come up after i post a reply

sorry gues iv been at this sight for like a year but i usually just read the fics so i never realy had to ask these questions :oops:

thank you so much guys
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

touched by an alian wrote:hey gues I just receantly came out of being a drifter and i have story on the alternate universe fan fiction-anyways -my question is how do i get a realy good banner? And if i have bad luck with banners how can i make my own :?:

im not even sure if this is where im suppost to ask this question- if it's not please don't beat me up guys :(

And how can i get picture to come up after i post a reply

sorry gues iv been at this sight for like a year but i usually just read the fics so i never realy had to ask these questions :oops:

thank you so much guys
If you want to request a banner you can ask someone here:
viewtopic.php?t=9838
There a lot of really talened people that are pretty quick with requests.

To upload it, you can find the answers in this area:
faq.php?mode=bbcode

Hope that helps!
-Cyn-
<center>Image
touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

Hey To_Kiss_A_Frog - I looked up where you suggested to help me figure out how to post my banner on the first page of my story, but when i read it- it was talking about tags and i didn't see anything about banners-Im so lost? Do you guys think you can explain it in laymen terms to me :? :oops: ...pretty please.
I would apreciate it so much- i realy wanna get this banner up, its so nice :cry:
thanx -i love you guys so much
Life is an occasion... rise to it.