Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Evelynn wrote:I've watched it so many times in the theaters, and since it came out on DVD last month, but Brick with Joseph Gordon Levitt and Emilie DeRavin has to be my favorite movie of the year. Love it!

Evelynn
100% agree with you on this, Evelynn. I bought Brick about a month ago and I loved it. Really great acting out of all of the actors. I do wish that there had been more to Emilie's character. I loved the entire tone of the movie, which is definitely not in most of the movies that have been out lately.

When I got Brick, I also got another movie starring Joseph Gordon Levitt called Manic, which came out in 2001. It also stars Don Cheadle and Zooey Deschanel.
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Lillie wrote:When I got Brick, I also got another movie starring Joseph Gordon Levitt called Manic, which came out in 2001. It also stars Don Cheadle and Zooey Deschanel.
How did you like it?

Evelynn
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

Evelynn wrote:
Lillie wrote:When I got Brick, I also got another movie starring Joseph Gordon Levitt called Manic, which came out in 2001. It also stars Don Cheadle and Zooey Deschanel.
How did you like it?

Evelynn
LOL. I think that I lost my train of thought.

I liked the movie, but there were some things I didn't like, the way the movie was shot being the worst thing to me. I think it was shot on a hand held digital camera. So when a character would see the sun light, it would be real bright. But besides that bugging me sometimes, it was a great movie overall. Definitely an interesting look at teenagers in a mental institution. JGL's character is a kid with anger issues. JGL is a good actor, who I think will go far if he continues chosing the movies that he has been lately. And seriously, anything with Don Cheadle is a good movie.

Speaking of Don Cheadle, two other movies where he was simply fantastic was Things Behind the Sun, and The United States of Leland.

I've actually bought a whole bunch of movies that I haven't had the chance to watch quite yet. Trois coueleurs: Bleu, Blanc, and Rouge. It's a trilogy based on France's national motto: liberaty, equality and fraternity. Now, I've been dying to watch these movies, but I'm going to wait so I can watch them with my friend.

I also bought and have yet to see: The Apartment (the movie Wicker Park with Josh Harnett was a remake of this movie). Personal Velocity, Ghost Story, Irreversible (which got alot of publicity because there is alot of violence in the movie). Broken Saints, which is like 600 minutes. It's an animated comic epic. I've only managed to see about two hours of this movie so far. It's a long one.

Now, Ryan Gosling has this movie called The Believer that I just love. The end of the movie always gets me. I would recommend this movie for just about everyone to watch. His acting in that movie completely blew me away.

*Edited*
I forgot that I bought the movie Damage, with Jeremy Irons. Now, I love the movie, but after reading the book countless times. The movie simply didn't do the book justice. The lines in the book were like poetry, and as great as an actor as JI is, he still didn't quite achieve it for me. But I'm sure it's only cause I did read the book countless times. Once right after another in fact.
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Brick was amazing!

I so want to work with Rian Johnson in the future.
<center>Image</center>
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Oh, another one of my favorite movies of all time that was so underrated... Gattaca. Lovely.

Evelynn
cookiely
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cookiely »

tabata wrote:The last movie I saw was VOLVER by Pedro Almodovar with P. Cruz.
It was amazing (I adore Almodovar).
I'm going to see Poseidon next week, has anybody already seen it?

I also saw Volver and I loved it. Best chickflick ( if you can call it that)
I have seen in years. The perfect mixture of comedy and tragedy with great characters and a heartwarming story.

I havent seen any other Almodovar movies yet but I am surely checking them out soon.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

That's too bad to hear about The Covenant, Rosdude. My co-worker's son played the character named Pogue. She was so excited. Too bad the movie sucked. I guess it's like the male version of The Craft.
<center>Image</center>
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

That's really interesting Lolita, he was actually my favorite character. Small world though. Isn't he the same guy that's going to be in Friday Night Lights? The TV show.

~Chad~
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Yup. He was filming the pilot earlier this year and my co-worker was hoping that the networks picked it up. She was ecstatic when they did. Funny though, she doesn't talk about him at work so much but if you bring it up she gushes. :) She's one proud mama.

If only I had a camera I'd take a picture of her cubicle. She's got her son's magazine spreads tacked up all over her workstation. I must say though he is one hot boy. :lol:
<center>Image</center>
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

"Stranger Than Fiction". This movie is too cool for school. A must for every writer, both amateur and professional. My wife and I both loved it.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins