When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Thank you both for the help. :D

Another question I just thought of in the same category as my last one, didn't Kyle go to some sports camp at the end of Season 1? I remember him getting off a bus in Season 2 and Jim being late but I don't know if where he went was mentioned.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:Thank you both for the help. :D

Another question I just thought of in the same category as my last one, didn't Kyle go to some sports camp at the end of Season 1? I remember him getting off a bus in Season 2 and Jim being late but I don't know if where he went was mentioned.
Jim asks him "How was football camp?" when he arrives.

It's also mentioned in the Tess/Kyle scene where she describes finding "Buddhism for Beginners" under his mattress. :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

LysCat
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LysCat »

So this is a rather open ended question, but how many people had the same class in season two? I remember that Maria and Kyle were in the same remedial science class, but what about everyone else? Were Max and Liz in the same science class? Did they show the group in a class room scene, and if so, who?
Walter: "I used this to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they've been dead up to six hours."
Peter: "Yeah, cause after six hours they're REALLY dead."
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Everybody goes on about Maria being in remedial science, but in season one she was shown to be in the same biology class as Max, Liz and Tess. So I guess the remedial classes helped.

Michael and Kyle had spanish class together. I can't remember but was Maria in Max's history class when he was learning about JFK?
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Well, they were all together in History in season one for that 285 South assignment, so I guess it wouldn't be such a stretch for them to be in season 2... Maria, Alex and Liz were having Biology in Viva las Vegas without the rest... Liz and Max were having Trig from her comment in Summer of '47... And apparently she had Physics too from her comment in Busted!... I can't recall any more classes shown :shock: I love that school! :lol:

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

There was also a class that Max and Liz had together in an episode after End of the World. Max is all sad and Liz make some allegorical statement to him about how she cant believe a star that was burning so bright could just burn out. I think it was Meet the Dupes. The biology teacher taught it, but they were talking about astronomy. And Max and Liz had another science class taught by him in the third season in that episode where Liz started getting alien powers.

I don't know if Maria was in Max's history class, but the scene where they were sitting at the table talking about Kennedy made it seem like she was.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

CandyDreamQueen wrote:There was also a class that Max and Liz had together in an episode after End of the World. Max is all sad and Liz make some allegorical statement to him about how she cant believe a star that was burning so bright could just burn out. I think it was Meet the Dupes. The biology teacher taught it, but they were talking about astronomy. And Max and Liz had another science class taught by him in the third season in that episode where Liz started getting alien powers.

I don't know if Maria was in Max's history class, but the scene where they were sitting at the table talking about Kennedy made it seem like she was.
Obviously West Roswell high can only afford one science teacher. :lol:

I think I'd disagree with you about the Maria-Kennedy talk though:
"What are you talking about?! Here you are giving me this history lesson. You haven't even told me what the hell's going on, Max." (After hitting him with the book)
and later --
"Oh, well, I certainly don't want to hear a long story unless there's a Kennedy involved."

It isn't completely clear, but I get the impression that Maria hadn't sat through those same lectures with Max, but he'd recapped most of them for her to explain what he was thinking.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Chrisken wrote: Obviously West Roswell high can only afford one science teacher. :lol:
Not to mention that this guy must have a twin brother who is a priest... since he married Isabel and Jessie too... :wink:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Misha wrote:
Chrisken wrote: Obviously West Roswell high can only afford one science teacher. :lol:
Not to mention that this guy must have a twin brother who is a priest... since he married Isabel and Jessie too... :wink:
Really? That's just flipping funny!!

~Chad~
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Funny, but sadly not true. Michael Chieffo played Mr Silegman the science teacher and the minister in To Have and To Hold was played by Patrick Thomas O'Brien. According to IMDB anyway.