Harry Potter

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

Oh, im sry if i gave it away :( . I just hate how sad harry was, i mean that wasn't fair. He's lost both of his parents, and now his godfather, who was the only other person he looked to as a father/brother. So I just hope that he can come back, since he didn't die. He just was stunned and went through the archway. I don't think she will use time travel again. . . especially since fiddling with time can cause very bad things to happen. Anybody wanna talk about theories for the 6th book?
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

hehe, that's all right.

But goodness, almost every HP fan I know here has already reserved a copy. A friend told me that the bookstore pretty much promised that they would release the books on time (hopefully). :D

And this weekend, I was on mugglenet.com, and I saw the Goblet of Fire's release dates (Sorry if it's a bit off-topic, I know this is the book review section, but just thought about adding this one in as well.) :

Country Release Date (2005)

Belgium November 17th
Germany November 17th
Russia November 17th
Austria November 18th
Italy November 18th
UK November 18th
USA November 18th
Brazil November 19th
Philippines November 23rd
Argentina November 24th
Australia November 24th
Portugal November 24th
Finland November 25th
Bulgaria December 2nd
South Africa December 2nd
Spain December 2nd
France December 7th
Czech Republic December 8th

Yay! :D
cutie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cutie »

I like Harry Potter (movies). I feel ashamed that I didn't read any of the books. I know the movies and books have slight variations. Maybe I'll pick up on my reading soon. :?
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

I definitly recommend it. I haven't reserved a copy, but i plan on buying it as soon as it comes out. Do u think the bookstores might run out? They didn't last time did they?
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

Not sure if they did run out before. But if they did, (-and they probably likely will, since they usually underestimate the market's demand,) they'd be pretty quick to restock.

Especially if they ran out of books that were supposed to be reserved. -Lest they want an angry mob of HP fans, hehe. :)

For those who had/would have their names waitlisted, they have to pay about $10 here as a down payment, without knowing how much they have to add to the bill they'll pay for later. [The bookstores haven't made the real prices clear yet.]

And I also might not get a copy reserved. But I'll definitely get the book as well, -but maybe a little later. I don't know yet.

:wink:
TVQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by TVQueen »

I absolutely love the Harry Potter series, both movies and books. I love how the movies stay true to the books.

**If you haven't already heard, ABC Family will be showing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets tonight, with a sneak preview of the Goblet of Fire movie.**
>[]Queen
Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

I'm so excited about the new 6th book!!! HP & the Half-Blood Prince!!! I've reserved my copy and can't wait for July!!!!!

I'm also very torn too because I know I'll get it right away, and of course I'll read right away, but then I'll have to wait at least two years before the last book and then there'll be no more!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy yet bummed!
I'm a believer!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Not sure if this page has already been recommended, but if your dying to get your Harry Potter fix and just can't wait for the book (or wait, is that only me? :roll: ) then go to:

http://mugglenet.com/

It's the best HP site! It dispels rumors, tells some things that are going to be in the book, (straight from JKR's mouth) gives information that's not commonly known, and even points our oddities and coincidences!

I'm counting the days till the book comes out!!!!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Thanks for link.... I cant wait to get the book!
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

11 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes, 9 seconds until Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>