Communications (AU M/L Mature)A/N 6/1 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Communications (AU M/L Mature)A/N 6/1 [WIP]

Post by Maxsgurl »

Beautiful banner by monkeycgm
Title: Communications
Author: Maxsgurl (Jennifer)
Rating: Mature
Coupling: AU M/L
Disclaimer: The usual: Characters are not mine...except the originals...so if you know the name...it is not mine
Summary: This is an idea I got from my psychology class: Liz Parker is a freshman at Las Cruces University in New Mexico, she is biology major but for her General Education requirements she must take a psychology class, so she takes one on Relating to the Opposite Sex.

Max Evans is a sophomore at Las Cruces and is an undecided Major. His counselor suggested he take a psychology class among others to get a feel for different fields. Having a twin sister, and close friends with many girls, Max thought he knew everything about women and believes he can get an easy A in the class.

The first and basically only assignment of the course is to communicate with an assigned partner fully through e-mail. No personal information can be exchanged that would give away the person’s identity (such as a name, home town, or major). Liz and Max are assigned as partners and quickly start an e-mail quasi relationship. At a party they meet in person, but don’t realize who they really are, and are instantly attracted. What happens when they start falling in love in real life…and how does their on-line relationship change?

Prelude:

“Are you sure you want to take this class Liz?” Maria asked as she read the class description. “Its seems pretty stupid.”

“I have to take some sort of psychology class and this was the only one that interested me.” Liz explained with a shrug.

“But a Relating to the Opposite Sex class?” Maria says with a face. “This is stupid.”

“No, what’s stupid is the fact that I have to take it. I’m a major is biology, not psychology.” Liz said with a huff as she continued to unpack her clothes. She was very excited that she was finally at college…there were new people to meet, new classes to take, and new things to learn.

“Why didn’t you take Women’s Psychology?” Maria asked as she started to through Liz’s clothes into some drawers. “I mean you are a woman and will probably pass.”

“Because I don’t like taking classes that I can easily pass. I like challenges.” Liz said as she walked over to the drawer and refolded the clothes that Maria just threw in there. “I can tell living with you is going to be one.”

“Did you say something?” Maria asked with a smirk. She definitely heard Liz but was going to ignore the comment since she knew that they were complete opposites.

“I was saying that this class was going to be a challenge and I am looking forward to it. Besides…it could always be fun to learn about the opposite sex.” Liz said with a shrug.

“I don’t know what I want to take Mrs. Rowlins.” Max sighed as he sat in his counselors office. This was their quarterly meeting and he dreaded it when she bugged him about his future.

“Well your transcripts show you have taken introduction classes in many different fields. Any of those interest you?” Mrs. Rowlins asked her most difficult student. She saw many students a year…but she could always remember the lost ones…the one who had no idea where they were going in life.

“I took some Astrology classes, some English, history, math, political science…but none of them interested me enough to take anymore classes or to work in that field for the rest of my life.” Max explained with a sigh. Nothing interested him.

“Well…what about psychology Max? You haven’t tried that one.” Mrs. Rowlins said as she flipped through the college catalog.

“Whatever…I’m up for anything these days.” Max stated with a shrug. “What classes are offered?”

“Here’s a list.” His councilor said as she handed Max a list of the psychology classes offered by the college. “What would you suggest?” Max asked as he handed the list back.

“Well…let’s see.” She said as she reviewed the list and smirked. “How are you with Women Max?”

“I have a twin sister, and my best friend is female…so I think I can handle myself.” Max said wondering what Mrs. Rowlins was thinking.

“I think you may find the Relating to the Opposite Sex class very informing.” Mrs. Rowlins said with a smirk. She enjoyed referring guys to this class because they always came back with some sort of new knowledge.

“Ok….I’ll take it.” Max said as he got up and walked out of the room.

TBC???....Thanks to Emz80m for being my beta for this fic!! I know I was going to post First Daughters first...but my beta had not gotten back to me yet..so when she does I will post it pronto!!
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:48 am, edited 28 times in total.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey All!! Wow I just want to say thanks so much for all the feedback!!! I was so shocked to see so many people were liking this story...for the first 3 chapters of PROMISED I think I have 3 feedbackers...so you all stopping by and letting me know that you like this is so nice of you!! Thanks and keep it up!!

First things first...I feel like such a stupid jerk!! Lol...I forgot to say who made my banner! I have it on my Author's works page...but I totally forgot to put it here. I just want to let you all know that this banner is absolutely not mine...I could never have that much talent! This banner belongs to MONKEYCGM. Thanks so much girl!! Sorry I forgot to post that!! Grrr....my bad.
And I'm sorry this is a day late...I sent it to my beta EMZ80M, late so its my fault...forgive me?

MaxandLiz4ever1357: Thanks for reading! I hope you like this part as well!!
RASaero611: Thanks!!
hazz: Glad your enjoying it!
To_Kiss_A_FROG: Cyn, your encouragement is amazing! Thank you! My other stories are coming along.
Behrsgirl1230: Thanks. This should be posted weekly.
FamersAmers: I can always count on you Amy...lol
Taeressa05: Dani, why wasn't I surprised to here from you? And I knew you were going to be thinking "ABOUT TIME JEN!!" Lol. Glad to see you are enjoying this!
begonia9508: Thanks!
Stars in My Eyes: You'll found out soon...:insert evil laugh here:
BehrObsession: Glad to see you are here and enjoying yourself!!
WildSphinx: Thanks for the feedback!!
googi: Lol, Amy has a way with words huh?
monkeycgm: YEA!!
YOUR HERE!! EVERYONE SAY HI TO OUR BANNER MAKER!!! Thank you and I bow to your artistic talent...:bow, bow: You rock girl

Ok...so those of you who read PROMISED, know this, but those of you who didn't, when you leave feedback...I try my hardest to answer your questions, and comment back to you...so if you have something to say...say it!! ok...here's the chapter.

Chapter 1

“So how did therapy go?” Michael asked Max once he had returned from his appointment.

“Shut up. It was a counseling appointment and you know it!” Max said as he threw a chip at his roommate. “What did you do all day?”

“Sat on my ass…you?” Michael said as he continued to play his video game.

“Signed up for a psychology class. Relating to the Opposite Sex.” Max explained and he watched as Michael’s jaw dropped and he turned to him causing him to lose his video game battle. “Um…Mike...you just died.”

“Shit.” Michael said as he turned back to the game and saw that he had indeed died. He shut off the game and addressed his friend. “Ok…so you’re taking what now?”

“A psychology class that is supposed to teach you how to relate to the opposite sex.” Max explained and Michael laughed. “What’s so funny?”

“Max…do you know anything about women?” Michael asked.

“I do have a twin sister you know.” Max said as he took a sip of his drink. “And I have a girl best friend.”

“Yes but those two are the acceptations. They are not real women.” Michael said as he took a handful of chips and thought about the two girls in question.

“You better not let Isabelle and Tess hear you say that.” Max warned and Michael’s eyes widened.

“Point Taken.”

Liz had walked into the psychology building looking for the proper classroom, 236. She got half way down the walkway and saw the room on the right. She pushed open the door and noticed the eerie quiet over the whole room. She watch as students silently waited with pens in hand for their teacher. Liz walked down a row and found a seat and took it.

When Max heard the door open he turned his attention like everyone else to the door watching the newcomer. When he turned his eyes to the door he was mesmerized by the lovely creature that walked in. She was beautiful and she walked like she was on air. He watched as she found a seat and sat down. He tried to take his eyes off her…but he failed, she was a goddess.

Liz was feeling awkward with all the silence and she turned to the girl next to her. “What’s going on?”

“SSSSHHHHH!!!!!” The girl said and she pointed to the board in the front of the classroom. A shaken Liz turned to the front and read the blackboard.

Please do not speak to your classmates…your grade depends on it.

Liz thought that was weird but she took out her pen and notebook and waited for the teacher. She felt someone watching her and she glanced around the room. She gasped when her gaze collides with the amber stare of a Greek god. Liz watched at the mystery man blushed and turned away when he realized she caught him staring.

“Good afternoon class. My name is Professor Van Nutton and this is relating to the Opposite Sex.” A grey haired man entered the classroom and announced. “Ok…so there are no books, readings, quizzes, or tests. There is only one report that will take you all quarter to complete.”

Liz was shocked that there was only one assignment but she wasn’t going to complain since she was taking a lot of major biology and chemistry courses she wanted something fun.

Max was also shocked….only one assignment? Men and women must be more a like than he had thought.

“You are not to talk to anybody in this class until after the assignment is given…and after that you are to keep your identity a secret…I will explain next class. Right now you need to right your name and email address onto a piece of paper, fold it in half with the writing on the inside and place it on my desk. You will get an email before next class explaining the assignment and your partner’s email.” Van Nutton explained and then he sat down behind his desk and waited as the students finished his request.

Liz finished the task and headed towards the front to place the paper on the professor’s desk. She was walking towards the front when she bumped into someone and she almost fell but she was quickly caught by strong arms. “I am so sorry.”

“It’s ok. I’m fine…are you?” Max asked and he turned his eyes to the girls face and realized it was the girl he had been staring at…she was even more beautiful up close.

“Yeah…just clumsy. Sorry again.” Liz said with a blush…if she thought this guy was hot from across the room…up close he was an inferno.

“No problem.” Max said with a smile and he watched her head to the teacher and turn in her paper and he quickly followed suit.

Professor Van Nutton had witnessed the whole incident with a huge smile and as soon as the two students papers were place down on his desk he placed a stamp on each of them and set them aside…he wanted to watch that chemistry develop for sure.

The next day Liz was finished with her classes and headed back to her dorm. She signed onto her email service and saw she had an email from her teacher.

To: Girlnxtdor@email.com
Subject: Assignment and Partner

Hello. This is to describe the assignment for the Relating to the Opposite Sex Class. You are to communicate with your partner fully thought this email. The assignment is you are supposed to write a short story together…girls will right the first paragraph and the boy will write the next and so on and so on. You can talk about things that are not dealing with the assignment…to get to know each other, but you are not allowed to give any information that would give away your identity. No names, majors, homes towns, or any other pieces of information that couldn’t lead your partner to find out who you are. At the end of the semester you will find out who your partner is.

The only thing you have to do is any emails send to your partner you must send a copy to me as well. I want to know about everything you are talking about…no email is allowed to be left out.

I look forward to reading your stories and your emails. Your Partners email is
Aliendude@email.com

Liz quickly thought about a story to write and sent it to her partner before heading out for the night.

Max got home later that night and signed on to check his mail. He got an email from his professor explaining the assignment and another message from his partner.

To: Aliendude@email.com
CC: ProfVanNutton@email.com
Subject: First paragraph

Hi there! I’m your partner for the rest of the semester. I’m going to just start the paragraph since I can’t tell you my name and that would be the next point in our conversation…so yeah.

Suzy had always wanted to be a molecular biologist, and she was finally getting the chance to do so. Not once had she ever thought about giving her dream up for anything in the world…except for today. She met someone, although she didn’t know his name or anything about him…she knew that there was something abut him from the way he looked at her from across the crowded classroom…he saw into her soul and she would give up anything to see into his.

Ok…so that’s my paragraph…good luck partner!!

Max smiled at “Suzy”. She definitely sounded like a character, and he looked forward to hearing more about her throughout the semester.

Subject: Second Paragraph

Hi partner! What a paragraph to follow. You definitely have me intrigued with “Suzy” Lets see how I do.

Sam saw her from across the room…she was breathtaking. Suzy may have thought Sam didn’t notice her, but he didn’t…how could he not. As soon as she walked in she commanded his and every other guys attention, Suzy had no idea about the power she controlled over the male species. Sam had never known what he wanted to do with his life…but after seeing into Suzy’s soul that first…he knew he would follow her to the end of the world and back again.

How was that? Hope I didn’t disappoint? Write back soon!!

Across town Professor Van Nutton smiled at the first two paragraphs from this partnership. He could tell already that he had made a great choice with these two. He saw the longing looks they had been giving each other in class. He loved the idea of “Suzy” and “Sam”…did the authors know they just wrote about themselves? This was definitely going to be an interesting semester.

TBC.....see you in a week guys!! Thanks to Emma for being my beta...you rock girl!!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey All: Trying something different with the feeback...let me know if you like it better this way...or the other way were I just listen your names and comment. I can do both...thought this was easier on you so you don't have to go back and see what I am talking about lol.
BehrObsession wrote:I can tell this is going to be so good. The attraction is strong and they're both putting so much of themselves into the assignment. Can't wait to see how things unfold once they meet up and have a chance to actually get to know each other. I'm thinking the Professor knew what he was doing when he partnered them up. Please post more soon.
Oh Prof Van Nutton knew exactly what he was doing. He's a psych teacher lol.
To_Kiss_A_Frog wrote:Excellent chapter!! "Suzy" and "Sam" are so cute and are soooo gonna fall for each other.
Oh they're going to fall alright!! :wink:
RASaero611 wrote:aw great update...haha the scheming professor nutton, i wonder if he knows what hes getting into. "Suzy" and "Sam" are so cute.
Thanks! Van Nutton knows lol.
linliz68 wrote:I just caught onto this story, and I must say I find this story incredibly awesome.This is definitly a new idea and I can't wait to see how it goes. The whole "Sam" and "Suzy" is too cute.
Thanks and I must say welcome to the story!!!
Behrsgirl1230 wrote:awwww that was great!!! I can't wait for next week
Glad you liked it!
FamersAmers wrote:Ok can we say Chemistry! Those two really have a thing going and I really think that the professor is right on that one. They are talking about each other!
I think you will like this chapter Amers...lol, I really do
brighteyes wrote:I love this story already! I can't wait for more! I love how the professor is the one who saw the potential! i had an assignment like this in my gal pals class, where we had to write letters back and forth talking about the readings and certain areas of female friendship. It was an awesome assignment, and hopefully they will like theirs as much as i did
Oh I think these two are going to LOVE their assignment. Lol, glad you liked it!!
taressa05 wrote:And when you're being slow, someone's gotta tell ya. :wink: I love this story already! Their chemistry is so good. And I loved how you used the old bump, stumble, and catch. It's such a classic. :lol: Their e-mail story is cute too, but I know I would feel weird that the professor has to read all their e-mails to each other. There goes cyber sex. :lol: Cannot wait for more of this, and maybe an update on some other stories you've got floating around. :wink:
Did anyone else get the hint that I'm updating too slow? Haha...I think thats what dani was daying..but I could be wrong :wink: Yes I had to use the bump, stumble, and catch. There were a few others I could have used...but thats a classic for a reason. I fell of my chair laughing about the cyber sex going out the window...hillarious!!
googi wrote:OH MY GOD! That chapter was so cool. That professor really knew what he was doing when he pair them up together. Love the idea that they are going to be confidants of their our relationship without even knowing it. Can't wait for the next chapter. Don't keep us waiting too long for the next one...... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Hmmm....I'm getting hints all over the place.
monkeycgm wrote:Such a cute story. Cant wait for the next part.
Thanks girl!! Again so sorry about not labeling the banner... I am still upset about that! :cry:
roswellian137 wrote:Lovin It...can't wait for more :D
Thank you!
spacecowboy wrote:sounds like good a start to a great story. :D keep it coming!!
OH NO!! Only a good start....wow, I think I can do better... and welcome to my story!
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257 wrote:Oooh, this is really interesting so far. It's so different and interesting! I love it so far! Keep it coming!
Thanks!! Welcome to the story!!

Ok...if I didn't welcome you individually I'm sorry...I didn't get that much sleep last night cuz of family issues, and I do not mean to forget you. I WELCOME EVERYBODY TO COMMUNICATIONS!! And I hope you enjoy your stay. 8) :P

Chapter 2

Professor Van Nutton had to hold back a laugh during his lecture as he watched Max and Liz or should he say “Sam” and “Suzy” send each other glances through out the class. He had really enjoyed the last paragraph that the two had sent each other and he could tell they both were itching to start more personal emails…he hoped that when he got home for work today that he would have at least one.

Liz sighed as she tried to take notes during the lecture. The class really was interesting but she just couldn’t concentrate today…not since last nights email from “Sam.”

Subject: Next paragraph

Sam couldn’t take it anymore. He had to speak to her….Suzy was driving him crazy in class, and now her image filled his mind at home too. He watched from across the room and she took notes, seemingly unaware of his eyes on her the whole time. He often dreamed that he would push his books and papers aside and jump over the rows of seats to get to her. When he did she would look at him confused and he would swoop down and kiss her passionately…right there in class. But…it was only a dream; he sadly would never have the courage to do that.

The email had thrown her for a loop. They had kept the past paragraphs brief…but Liz could tell something had gotten into her partner that day and it definitely reflected into his writing. As she sat in class Liz got an idea for her paragraph and quickly pulled out another piece of paper; deciding to abandon her job of taking notes today. She started to write her response to “Sam.” hoping she could do it justice.

Max watched as the mystery girl wrote something down passionately. From the speed of her hand he could tell she wasn’t taking notes anymore. He yearned to know what she was writing about, to get into her head…into her period. He would be happy to start with knowing her name.

“Liz.” Professor Van Nutton said and he watched as the girl’s eyes jolted up and she blushed. He obviously pulled her from something important. “Can you please come down here for a demonstration?” He watched as she hesitantly put her pencil down looking very scared. “Relax I won’t bite you, I swear.”

“Right. Ok.” Liz said as she brushed down her skirt and headed down the steps to the front of the class.

Liz…her name is Liz. Max thought it fit her perfectly. Liz was an amazing girl; too bad he was too shy to ever say anything to her remotely intelligent.

“Ok Liz…so I asked you up here so you can help me demonstrate the differences between men and women…but first we need a man.” Professor Van Nutton looked down at his papers and found the name of Liz’s partner. “Max. Can you help me out here?”

“Me?” Max asked when he heard his name. He looked around…there had to be another Max in the class; he wasn’t that lucky. When the professor nodded Max sighed as he stood up. “Sure.”

“Ok class.” Professor Van Nutton said once Max was at the front of the class standing 3 feet away from Liz. “I think you all will agree with me that these two individuals are attractive.” Professor Van Nutton watched as the guys looked Liz up and down causing her to blush and he continued. “Ok…that’s not the demonstration though. I want to show you the difference between Men and Woman. Both these species are attractive to others…but what about to each other? What qualities do they find attractive in each other? Liz?”

“You want me to tell you what I find attractive about him?” Liz asked as she pointed to the guy in front of her. The whole package was perfect…but she couldn’t say that could she? “I don’t even know this guy.”

“Well for starters his name is Max.” Professor Van Nutton said as he stood back with a smirk and watched Liz blush.

Max. It fit him to a ‘t’. She never really got a good look at Max since the first day of class when they ran into each other. Every time she caught him staring at her he would turn away before she could seriously look at him…but he was up close and very personal now.

“Ok…um.” Liz started to say but the professor held up a hand.

“Actually here.” Van Nutton said as he handed both the students a pen and piece of paper. “Write down 3 things that you find attractive about the other person.” He waited until both students were done before he continued. “Ok…now read them to each other; Liz you go first.”

“Ok.” Liz said as she tucked a stand of hair behind her ear. “Three things I find attractive about Max.” Liz said with a blush. “Are his eyes. They are the window to his soul. When he looks at me, I can see how he is feeling so easily. I find his demeanor attractive as well. He is quiet…yet there is a confidence and air around him that screams for you to notice him. The last thing I find attractive about Max is that he is a nice guy. He will help someone out when they fall.” Liz said and the class laughed, obviously remembering the first day when Liz fell and Max helped her. “He’s an all around decent guy and that’s attractive to me.”

“Thanks. That was great Liz. Max?” Van Nutton said and Max cleared his throat.

“Liz is attractive to me because she has beautiful doe-eyes that are the focal point to her face. When you notice Liz…the first thing you notice are her eyes; they are stunning.” Max explained and Liz turned a hundred shades of red. “Liz is also attractive because of her hair. It’s a deep chestnut color that just reflects the light perfectly…it looks beautiful and soft. I find when Liz nibbles on her bottom lip to be…VERY attractive.” Max said and Liz smiled and released her lip which she was presently nibbling on.

“Thank you Max.” Van Nutton said and he turned to the class. “Ok now…what differences can you tell between what Liz found attractive, and what Max said was attractive.” He sat on his desk and waited. “Come on, don’t be shy.” A lone hand slowly rose in the back. “Yes you…in the back.”

“Well I noticed that Liz used her emotions.” A blonde girl explained. “She picked things about Max that provoked certain feelings in herself that she liked. She likes his eyes because she feels he is letting her see into his soul. She personalized it.”

“Very good. Right on target. And what about what Max said was attractive?” Van Nutton asked and a hand in the front went up. “Yeah, go ahead.”

“Max stayed superficial.” A tough looking guy in a football jersey stated. “He saw the physical characteristics about Liz that he liked. He thought her eyes and hair were attractive and he is apparently turned on when Liz nibbles her lip.”

“OK!! OK!! OK!!” Van Nutton yelled as he held up his hands to calm down his class. The last students comment got the whole class laughing and Max looked as if he was going to bolt out of the class any second. “Back on topic. You two can go back to your seats now.”

The two very embarrassed students quickly made their way back to their seats with their heads hanging down trying to cover up their flushed cheeks. Liz sat down and re-read what she had been writing before she was asked to get up for the demonstration and it caused her to blush even more. She glanced back at Max and watched as all the guys around him leaned forward and said something or slapped him on his back…he did not seem to be comfortable with the attention.

“One of the biggest differences between Men and Women in general, is that no matter what they are doing: be it thinking, writing, talking, or even noticing the opposite sex, women tend to use their feelings more than men do. Liz and Max proved this perfectly. Max used very little emotion to be attracted to Liz, while Liz based her attraction on the emotions that certain characteristics in Max provoked in her.” Van Nutton said and he looked at his watch. “Ok…that’s it for today. Before you go, I want you all to know that the stories for your assignments are just to get you talking….you don’t have to only write to your partners that way….get to know them.” Van Nutton said with a smirk. “But without really getting to know them. See you next class!”

Liz returned from a long day at school and through her things down on her bed before she moved to her computer. She logged onto her email account and was about to write to her partner when Maria came home.

“Hey girl. I heard about class.” Maria said with a smirk when Liz sighed and ran a hand down her face.

“Who told you?” Liz asked. It didn’t matter how big the school was; if something happened that was remotely embarrassing to Liz…Maria would know by the end of the day.

“Cynthia the girl in 4C has a friend in your class. Cynthia asked if I was your roommate and we got to talking.” Maria said as he hung up her jacket and sat down on her bed. “So…is he really as hot as everybody is saying?”

“Who Max?” Liz asked as she shut down her email and turned to Maria. When Maria wanted to talk Liz knew there was no way she was going to get any work done.

“No Uncle Sam” Maria responded sarcastically. “Of course Max.”

“Well as Cynthia probably told you…I found 3 things about him that were attractive.” Liz explained and Maria rolled her eyes.

“Ok…its me Liz, be real with me. Is he hot?” Maria asked as she raised her eyebrows seductively.

“Maria!” Liz chuckled as she reached forward and slapped her arm. “Remember the guy I told you about from the first day of class?”

“Oh paramedic Romeo? Yeah what about him?” Maria asked and Liz just blushed. “No? That’s Max?”

“The one and only. I described him to you that day…so you already know what I think about him.” Liz explained.

“Ok now I know I have to meet this guy.” Maria said and she continues when Liz rolled her eyes. “No seriously! Any guy that can make Miss Liz “bookworm” Parker say such things as ‘sex machine’ and ‘stud muffin’, has to be something special. So he thought you were attractive as well?”

“Yeah I guess.” Liz said as she smiled and nibbled her lip. “He likes when I nibble on my lip.”

“I told you!!” Maria said laughing. “Guys find anything you do with your mouth to be very erotic…but you never believe me! Now we have living proof.”

“I guess…” Liz sighed as they continued to talk about their days.

A few blocks across town Max was very disappointed when he sighed on to check his mail to find that his partner had not responded to his last paragraph…did the sexual aggressive “Sam” scare her off?

Max still couldn’t believe everything that happened today. After Psychology class he met up with Tess his girl best friend and she had actually already heard what happened and was laying into him about it.

“Come on Max…after all our years of friendship you didn’t learn girls like emotions?” Tess questioned her best friend…but as of right now she was really debating on if she should talk about his title.

“Tess, we may be best friends…but I’m still a guy with a dick. I look at a girl and say damn…she’s hot. I don’t know her enough to make assumptions about her personality.” Max said as he tried to hide his disappointment that he didn’t know Liz.

“But you want to know her…” Tess stated and Max blushed. “I KNEW IT!! HA HA!! Max has a crush on the girl in his Psychology class!!”

“Her name is Liz.” Max added and Tess choked on her water.

“So you aren’t denying it.” Tess declared and Max’s only response was to throw a grape at her which caused her to laugh even more.

Max sat at his computer staring at the screen…hoping that his partner would write to him. He liked Liz…but he was more interested in getting to know this “Suzy” character even more.

After a few moments of waiting, Max decided to sign off but just as he moved his mouse to click “sign-off” there was an alert that he got a new message. Max quickly brought up his inbox and was overjoyed when there was a message from his partner.

Subject: AWWWHHHH!!

Sorry it’s taken so long to get this too you. I got home from all my classes and signed on to write this…but my room mate heard about the demonstration today and wanted to know all about it. So I had to give her a very brief overview of today’s events…fun fun. Ok…so here’s my paragraph.

Suzy sat in class trying to a take notes but she felt someone’s eyes on her. Every time she would turn to see who was staring at her she could never find the culprit. She dreamt of him today…the man she met so many days go. She dreamt she walked into the class but no one was there…except the two of them. As she walked further into the class he seductively stood from his chair and headed towards her. They met in front of the desk and he did something that Suzy had wished would happen, her thoughts would become . He kissed her…but not one of those first kisses that curl your toes from the gentle and hesitant force. This kiss was full of need and speed. He quickly ran his tongue over her bottom lip asking for entrance and Suzy wasn’t one to deny. She let him make love to her mouth like she prayed he would to her body. She realized that she was moving backwards right before she felt the cold desk on her back….right before she woke up and realized she had fallen asleep in class…again.

Lol…sorry. Just wanted to liven things up! Write back soon!!

“Wow…if these two don’t get together by dumb luck before the end of the semester, they are going to when they realize who their partners are.” Van Nutton said as he read the latest paragraph from his favorite partnership.

TBC....see you in a week!!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey everybody!! It's sunday so I'm back. Now I apologize if there are any errors...I am having computer problems and for some reason it is not sending my emails off to my beta...so this one is the first draft.
Behrsgirl1230 wrote:hahahahha that was awesome! omg that had me cracking up! How embarassing! I don't know what I would have done if I was one of them up there lol. PS...i thought that they weren't supposed to give any information on who they are. Wouldn't Max know it was her by Liz saying that Maria asked her about class and everything?? OH!! I really like the way you started the story with the quotes from us. It's unique and makes it more personal lol.
Thank you! And about the demo and Liz telling Max that Maria asked....Max knows that she is in his class...so he just assumed that Maria found out about the class in general...and she was telling her what happened to the other people...does that help?
maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Yay! A new part! I really like the sound of this! Write more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. Glad your liking this!
believer_evans wrote:loving it!! Man they are so hot for each other. I would have died if a teacher did to me what he did to Max and Liz.
Oh so would I. I was blushing just writing it...
taressa05 wrote:Great update, and it took you long enough to get it out to us. :lol: Haha, I'm just kidding, you aren't really that slow. I was only teasing you before. :wink: We're just glad that you share your talent and stories with us whenever you can. (That sounded suspiciously sappy :lol:) This chapter was seriously great. I was laughing the whole time. That was so embarrassing and uncomfortable with the teacher putting them on the spot like that...but it was fun for us. :D It's so cute how they are oblivious to the fact that they're attracted to one another. And can I just say DAMN! to the email story. Apparently they aren't letting the fact that a third party is reading stopping them from spicing it up. And I bet that kinky old perv professor loves every minute of it. :lol: Nah, I know he's not a perv, but it's like reading a romance novel. I like it, fun for everyone. :D Awesome update. Can't wait til next week.~Dani
Lol...Dani I don't even know what to say except you ROCK girl!! You always understand exactly what I'm thinking lol. Thanks for reading and leaving feedback...whenever I come on to post I can't wait to find yours...I know I'm in for a good read whenever you post!!
vampyrax wrote:I'm loving this fic so far. I think prof. cupid is a bit of a voyeur.
Lol yeah but he's enjoying it!
begonia9508 wrote:That was so funny and real at the same times!EVE :roll: :wink:
Thanks. Glad your liking it Eve!!
monkeycgm wrote:Wow that was so great
Thanks! Hope you like this chapter as well
RASaero611 wrote:ahh i loved it! post more soon!!
Thank you!!
FamersAmers wrote:You were so right!! I loved that part!!
He is right if dumb luck doesnt get them together then this project will! Max was right he is a guy and you certainly can write a man...thinking about superficialness..lol! And Liz with her emotions. I loved it!!! And yeah...I believe we were all hinting at you to update earlier :wink: !!!! You know I love it!!! :wink:
Lol thank you! Thats a great compliment about being able to write a man...lol. I just look towards my friends and brother for inspiration since they are the ultimate manly men :roll:
kay_b wrote::D Loved that chapter. Thanks for the update. Please post again soon.
I'm back!!
Lin4u wrote:That was awesome. This story is funny and makes you laugh, but it still could happen in the real world! That's soo great about it! Can't wait for the next chapter!Love, Lin!
Thank you! Glad you agree it can happen in the real world...but I bet we both wish it never happens to us huh!?
roswellian137 wrote:I was blushing through the whole "demonstration" part...lol that rarely happens! :oops: Each part just pulls me more into this story and I love it. Aww and now i have to wait a whole week for the next part :cry: ....Can't wait :D
Glad I could make you blush!! Lol, I hope you didn't cry too much in my absence?
Emz80m wrote:totally loving this chica
Came back for more? Glad you stopped by Emma, since you get to see the sneek preview every week!!
obsession wrote:I just started reading this story and I love every bit of it. Can't wait for more. Girl, you must be one busy chick because you have a lot of story out there and I so far like them all. Come back you hear.
Thanks and welcome to the story. Lol, yeah I am busy and I still don't know where I find the time to write all these!! If you check my authors page you can see I still have a few more that I haven't posted yet. Glad you like all of the stories so far!!
confusedfool wrote:great beginning! can juz see how suzy and sam's relationship is going to mirror max and liz's...cant wait for more!
Thanks!
linliz68 wrote:Loved this latest chapter!! Can't wait for more!!
Glad you liked it!!
BehrObsession wrote:Wonderful part. They are so into each other. I can't wait until one of them finally works up the nerve to ask the other out. Should be very interesting!
Lol...yes it will get interesting!!
googi wrote:Love the last chapter. The sexual tension that is building between them you can just cut it with a knife. And the professor, he is just having so much fun with them...He is so cruel, but I love it. Although the demonstration was embarassing it gave them the opportunity of finally finding out each other's name and of course, to show them that they like each other. Love Maria. A nut job no matter what. Can't wait to see what new encounter you have in storage for these two love birds.
Don't let us waiting to long to find out. Great job! Keep up the good work.
Thank you! This chapter doens't really have any encounter...just kinda sets up for the next big one I have in store...and let me tell you; its a whopper!!
AppleJacks wrote:this is a great story, didnt realize you posted this one too.. I can not wait to read more!
Thanks glad you found it!!
brighteyes wrote:woot woot! great part!
i agree with the prof on this one, the perfect partnership indeed!
Lol yes it it and it will just keep getting better.
FamersAmers wrote:Ok darlin here I am waitin for more because dun dun dun it is Sunday!! and I am needing to find out more!! SO I am waiting...tick tock tick tock :wink:
HA HA Cracking up when I saw this! You're something else Amy...but I love it!
woodwinds wrote:Hey! Just found this story and it's off to a great start! Liz and Max definitely have some great chemisty... and it's really fun watching their professor guide them into their realization of their feelings for each other. Keep it coming! I can't wait to read more!
Thanks and Welcome to the story. Glad your liking it and you can see the chemistry!!

Chapter 3

“Hey Ria.” Liz greeted her best friend and roommate once she got to the popular café down the street from their apartment. Whenever they had time, they would meet here for a quick bite.

“Hey.” Maria said as she took a sip of her soda. “Oh guess who is meeting us here?” Maria asked in a sing song voice.

“No? Really? When did he get back?” Liz asked excited when she thought about her other best friend. Alex had joined their group of friends back in the 3rd grade. He was getting picked on by some of the 4th graders until Maria and Liz beat them up and they finally left him alone. The three had been inseparable since then and Alex was an active member of the “girlfriends” club. He was an automatic invite to any sleepover either Maria or Liz had. The parents trusted him completely, it never surprised any of them to walk into their daughter’s rooms and find Alex huddled up with them…there was no worry.

“He apparently got back really early this morning, but he didn’t want to disturb either of our beauty sleep for his arrival. “Maria said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. Alex knew that he could call either one of his girls and they would have invited him over for coffee or met him somewhere for a quick get together. His notions of not wanting to disturb them were his own way of saying he was too tired to deal with it at the time. “He called me earlier this afternoon and he’s meeting us here any minute now.”

“Good.” Liz said as she stole a taste of Maria’s soda. “How did he sound?”

“He sounded good. He’s just been going to school and working...but I’ll let him fill you in on all the rest.” Maria said and Liz nodded.

Across the crowded café Max watched Liz interact with her friend. She seemed really excited about something and she was watching the front door like a hawk. He wondered if she realized how eye-catching she was…there was just something about the way she carried herself that was driving Max crazy.

“Max? Are you even listening to me anymore?” Tess asked Max who was staring at something across the café. “I still don’t know how I’ve been friends with you for so long. This is not a healthy relationship.”

“Did you say something Tess?” Max asked but he still didn’t take his eyes away from Liz’s table.

“Just that you are driving me crazy!!” Tess screeched as she reached over and grabbed Max’s collar and shook him gently to get his attention. “What is going on?”

“What do you mean?” Max asked as he picked up a fry and took a bite…he tried not to glance over at Liz, but he couldn’t deny the force she had over him.

“Well for starters, you haven’t called your sister in about a week and she is furious!” Tess explained and Max rolled his eyes. He never understood his twin sisters obsession with him always calling…she acted like the phone didn’t work both ways. “Secondly, you haven’t heard a word I’ve been saying since that girl walked in 10 minutes ago.”

“What girl.” Max asked trying to act like he had no idea what she was talking about; the look in Tess’ eyes let Max know she wasn’t buying it.

“Yeah right.” Tess said as she raised her eyebrow. “How about the petite brunette with the blonde at the middle table across the café.”

Max turned and sighed when Liz laughed at something that her friend and he hung his head and whispered, “That’s Liz.”

“Liz? Who’s Liz?” Tess asked and when Max gazed up at her from beneath his eyelashes and blushed it dawned on her. “Oh…that’s Liz.”

“Yeah.” Max said as he scratched behind his ear in a nervous gesture.

“Wow.” Tess said as she checked Liz out and nodded approvingly. “She’s cute.”

“No.” Max said as he looked up at Tess and shook his head indisputably. “There is nothing about Liz that is just ‘cute.’ She is striking, elegant, gorgeous…stunning.” Max said with a sigh.

“Noted.” Tess said as she nodded her head in approval of Max’s admission. “So go talk to her.”

“No way…not going to happen.” Max said as he shook his head assertively. No way was he going over there after the demonstration…Liz probably thought that he was just some horny teenage guy…with nothing but sex on his mind. “I would look like an idiot.”

“Just tell her how you feel Max” Tess said as she reached over patted his hand. She watched as his eyes grew wide and darted back and forth between something, Tess turned to see what the matter was. “Oh.”

Across the Café
“There my girls are!!” Alex called out when he spotted Maria and Liz in one of the tables of the café. The girls started to squeal and giggle. Maria jumped up and hugged Alex tightly.

“My turn! My turn!!” Liz chuckled and Maria release Alex right before Liz pulled him to her. Alex picked her up off her feet and swung Liz around slightly…as much as possible in the small café. “Man, I’ve missed you Alex!”

“I missed you to Lizzie.” Alex said as he bent down and kissed Liz lightly in their friendly way.

Across the Café

Max growled when he saw the lanky brunette boy get so much attention from Liz. Max was trying to figure out who this guy was and why Liz was so exited to see him.

“Max…I hate to tell you this, but I think it’s a little too late to tell her how you feel.” Tess said cautiously and she watched as the guy kissed Liz. “I think she is already taken.”

“Yeah…looks like it.” Max said but he didn’t take his eyes off of the “couple.”

Across the Café

“I can’t believe you are here!” Liz said as she sat down at the table and looked up at Alex.

“Yeah…it’s been to long.” Alex said as he looked around for an empty seat but didn’t find one. “Liz?” Alex asked and she rolled her eyes as she got up and Alex took her place on the chair before he pulled her down to sit on his lap. “Thanks.”

“What are friends for?” Liz said with a shrug.

“Hello? You two know I’m still here right?” Maria joked and they all laughed and got reacquainted with each other.

Across the Café

“What is this? Is there a chair shortage or something?” Max asked as he watched Liz sitting in the guy’s lap.

“Max…they are obviously dating.” Tess said rolling her eyes. “Are you telling me that if you were dating Liz…you wouldn’t jump at the chance to have her sit in your lap?”

“Shut up.” Max said and Tess chuckled.

“Man, guys are so predictable.” Tess declared.

Across the Café

“So I’ve just been busy working and taking a few night classes to keep up with the new computer systems out there.” Alex said with a shrug. He’s life hadn’t changed that much since the girls had visited him in Boston 6 months ago.

“And what about your love life? You still seeing that chick…what was her name?” Maria asked as she took a bite of her banana crème pie.

“Pamela” Alex said before he sighed. “Actually we broke up a few weeks after your visit.”

“What? Did she tell you why?” Liz asked concerned. She personally didn’t like the girl…but Alex seemed to care about her so Liz kept her mouth shut and hoped for the best.

“Actually, she said it was because of you two.” Alex explained and he waited for the outburst.

“WHAT!!!” Maria and Liz both questioned and it caused Alex to laugh at them.

“Man, we sure have been friends for a long time.” Alex chuckled but the girls just glared at him. “Ok fine. She thought my friendship with you two was getting in the way of our relationship. She said I loved you two so much that I didn’t have room for anybody else.”

“That’s a load of horse shit.” Liz exclaimed and both her friends laughed at her vulgarity and Liz blushed. “I mean…that’s ridiculous.”

“Yeah…well that’s what I told her but she said it was over.” Alex said with a shrug and this caused Liz to turn around in his lap and hug him.

“It’s her loss Alex.” Liz explained before she pulled away. “You have the biggest heart I know and if she couldn’t see that well…then she isn’t right for you.”

“Ditto!” Maria said as she lifted her fork in the air before she took another bite of her pie.

Across the Café

“Why are you staring at them?” Tess asked getting bored watching Max watching Liz. She knew he liked her, but Max was treading into stalker mode quickly here.

“Tess…you don’t understand.” Max said as he rubbed his forehead. “I can’t get her off my mind…everywhere I go, everything I do…she is there taunting me.”

“I think that’s a personal problem Max.” Tess teased as she tried to lighten the mood but Max just glared at her. “Sorry.”

“Ok…remember how you felt about Paulie?” Max asked and Tess blushed when she thought back to her old high school flame. “He drove you crazy right?”

“Yes but Max, he didn’t do it from across the room…if you know what I mean.” Tess said with a smirk and Max groaned.

“Ok I didn’t need to know that.” Max said as he shook his head trying to get the image of Tess and Paulie out of his mind. “Next you’re going to tell me that Isabel and Jesse were closer than friends.”

“Well-” Tess tried to say but Max quickly covered her mouth with his hand.

“I don’t want to know.” Max stated firmly and when Tess nodded her understanding he removed his hand from her mouth.

“Sorry.” Tess winced as Max turned back to Liz. “Here we go again.”

“If you don’t like it, you can leave.” Max said and Tess scoffed at him.

“It was my idea to meet here Max.” Tess reminded him but when he didn’t respond she grabbed her purse and got up. “Fine…if you aren’t going to pay attention to me I’ll find someone who will.”

“Is there anyone out there that will?” Max asked with a smirk and Tess slapped his shoulder with her purse.

“For that…you get to pay for lunch.” Tess responded and she started to walk away before turning back around. “Remember to call your sister!” She laughed when Max waved her off and focused his attention at Liz.

Across the café

“Ok…that guy is really freaking me out.” Alex said when he saw the dark haired guy staring at them from across the café…again.

“What guy?” Maria asked as she looked around and Alex signaled her slightly with his head. “The one is the green shirt?”

“No Maria…the other stalker guy who is staring at us.” Alex said sarcastically. “Yes the one in the green.”

“That’s Max.” Liz said as she turned and saw who they were talking about. She was shocked when her eyes met Max’s stare dead on causing him to turn away quickly.

“That’s Max?” Maria asked shocked. She could see why her friend was so captivated why the guy in her psychology class…he was a babe!

“Ok…who’s Max?” Alex asked as he glanced between this “Max” guy and Liz who was currently blushing under his gaze.

“Oh does Lizzie have a story for you my friend.” Maria said with a chuckled and Liz threw her napkin at her.

“Come on…let’s go back to the apartment and discuss this over ice-cream.” Liz said as she stood up and started to get her money out of her back pocket but Alex put a hand on her hand stopping her movement as he pulled out his wallet.

“This one’s on me.” Alex said as he put down enough money to cover the lunch and a generous tip for the waitress.

“Thanks Al.” Liz and Maria said together as she each took one of his arms and lead him to their apartment.

TBC....Ok...so you can tell there are no emails in this one. Wanted to show the budding relationship or Max and Liz not "Sam" and Suzy." Hope you all still liked it!!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey all!! Its sunday and I'm back with your update!! This chapter is again just letting you get into the friendships between the characters...so enjoy!!

FamersAmers wrote:I AM FIRST, I AM FIRST...*DOING A DANCE* I AM SO EXCITED! Arent I a trip!!! :wink: !!! Ok so...Max in stalker mode was kind of cute in a weird way..lol! You could see how nerve wracking it was making him just watching Alex and Liz. I like his friendship with Tess and how they interact, it is different from what we are used to and I like it!
And even with no emails in this one it was a great chapter, it showed the friendships between the the characters and how Liz and Max react to each other and now I am going to have to sit here and wait till next Sunday....Oh the pain of it all....and now this is the second time I have edited it and stil havent told you how I thought it was a great chapter and you are doing an awesome job...( I'm such a dork!)
[color-blue] Its ok Ams...I'm dork too...so I like that you're a dork as well :wink: I'm sooo glad you like the friendship between Tess and Max...so many authors forget that possibility and I'm glad that you are liking that I didn't pass it up. P.S....I beat you today! You didn't get to post a reminder at the bottom! [/color]
RASaero611 wrote:aw poor Max, sitting there thinking that Liz and Alex are together...but then he continues to stare anyway. Oh well, I'm glad Alex is here and maybe he can talk to Max for Liz or something
great update
post more soon please
Lol...yes Max likes the torture of watching Alex and Liz...lol
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257 wrote:This fic is awesome! I love it!
I love how stalkerish Max gets when he sees Liz with Alex. I especially loved that part where the prof put asked them to tell each other what's attractive about each other. Hehe...their prof is gonna end up hooking them up. Eh, at least someone's giving them a little nudge.
Post more soon please!
Lol glad you're liking it! Oh yes...Prof. is totally going to help!!
maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:lol, stalker much???
Loved it, but uh-oh Max thinks she's taken, he might back off now! And if this behavior is Max not backing off (not even saying anything, just staring at her) then I'd hate to see what backing off is.
More soon!
There will be no backing off from Max...nope not in my fic :wink:
taressa05 wrote:Well after that response to my last feedback, I feel like the pressure's on. Crap. :lol: All I can say is that I aim to please, and I'll keep trying. :D
I liked that we saw the relationship between Max and Liz, and not just their alter-egos, Sam and Suzy, the cyber porno stars in the making. :lol: And poor Max. So cute, sitting there stalking Liz, and being jealous of Alex, who can best be described as a chick with a dick. :lol: But where's the fun if Max thinks he doesn't have any competition? Oh, and he can definitely stalk me anyday. Hell, he doesn't have to stalk, I'll invite him in. :lol: I do have to wonder if this little incident will be making it's way into the e-mails. I guess we'll get the answer to that one on the next installment of...Communications. :D See ya next week.
~Dani
ETA: I had to ask, and almost forgot to ask if you are Buffy fan. If you aren't, then Max was doing a pretty good job of channeling Principal Snyder with that chair shortage line. :lol:
Yes my little buffy fan Max could stalk me as well!! I fell of my chair laughing when I saw your descritption of Alex as a chick with a dick...HISTERICAL DANI!!
roswellian504 wrote:I just found this story and man I love it already.
Thank you and welcome to the story!! I hope you continue to leave feedback and let me know what you think!!
AppleJacks wrote:Great part... I loved that you want to show the relationship development between Max and Liz and not base the whole story on the emails, I can not wait for more and see what their next email imply
Lol thank you. There is some emails in this one...but it basically sets up for their next big meeting!! *evil laugh*
Behrsgirl1230 wrote:first yes that cleared it up thanks :D second...poor Max thinking Liz is dating Alex!! I think it's kinda weird that her and Alex kissed on the lips tho. My best friend...well ex best friend was a guy and we would kiss on the cheek all the time but never lips...i just found that kinda weird. But that's just me lol. Great Update!
Yes...it is weird. But as Dani (taressa05) said...alex is a chick with a dick..HA HA. So i found it fit into the equation for Alex and Liz to kiss...but it wasn't a loving kiss...it was like the TINIEST little peck EVERY!! Does that help you feel better lol?
RosyLady wrote:loving this! that's all I really have to say! :D
Thanks!!
kay_b wrote:Awww, that was so cute. Max getting jealous and all is completely adorable. Can't wait for more.
Kay
Thank you...I've always liked jealous Max. In The town house...when Kyle hurts his leg and Max just kinda watches the reaction between Kyle and Liz....it was so sexy..lol. I'm weird...Max is standing there getting his heart broken and I thought it was sexy....
begonia9508 wrote:Just because a girl kiss a boy and seats on his lap does mean that they are together! :lol: :lol:
And Max jumping to conclusion doesn't help him with Liz!....
Great part - EVE :roll: :wink:
No it doesn't...but he is a guy and they usually do jump to conclusions
vampyrax wrote:Well so Tess isnt the crazy stalker Max is. Just kidding, I kind of like that Tess is a good friend in this. I kind of wish Liz would have taken a chance and invited Max to join them, considering he was alone and all.
Damn...thats a good idea. Can I go back and re-write the chapter? Having Max join them has so much potential!!
Emz80m wrote:interesting part
poor Max is so far gone and now Alex thinks he is a stalker lol
Lol thanks Emma! Yes Max is out of here...
sunrise102 wrote:I love this story!! I can feel the sizzle between Max and Liz. My only question is this...once Max and Liz get to know each other what's gonna happen to the internet relationship? Won't they think that their partner is someone else and still feel that attraction? Basically won't they think they're falling for 2 people? Does that make sense? Can't wait for more!
Oh that is the beauty of it!! How does their personal relationship effect their internet one...hmm...you will just have to wait and see. *insert evil laugh*
ShatteredDreamer wrote:I've read this last chapter a couple of times and I absolutely adore "jealous, stalker" Max. I do wish Liz would've at least waved at him or something though. Come back soon with more!
Yea!! I love to hear when a reader likes the chapter so much they have to re-read it...thats awesome!! I'm blushing!! Yea...Liz is stupid...lol. Hey I can say it! I wrote her!!
hazz wrote:that was an interesting class. I cant wait till they meet either!Haley
HA HA!! Lol...you will just have to wait!!
brighteyes wrote:as always a great part, and i loved the dymanics between Tess and Max and of course Maria, Liz and Alex. I Loved that you didn't make Tess evil, and that she's hilarious. CANT WAIT FOR MORE!
Thank you! I was trying to make Tess a nice character...she rarely is.

THANKS EMMA FOR BETAING!! AND LURKERS::: COME OUT AND SAY HI!!

OK ON WITH THE CHAPTER!!

Chapter 4

“MAN!! WHAT IS THAT SMELL!!” Max yelled once he walked into his apartment and was overwhelmed by a horrid stench. He smelt it as soon as he stopped off the elevator onto this floor, but would never have guessed it came from his apartment.

“Max? Is that you?” Michael asked from the kitchen and Max rolled his eyes.

“Yes dumb ass…who else would it be.” Max said as he came into the kitchen and gasped. “Michael! What did you do in here?”

“I’m cooking.” Michael responded nonchalantly as he glanced around the kitchen and saw that he had used pretty much every single one of their pots and pans. “Or I was attempting too.”

“Why?” Max said as he walked over to the oven and lifted on of the lids off one of the pans and peaked inside. “What is that?”

“That is supposed to be breaded zucchini.” Michael explained and Max turned to him shocked. “I was making it for my cooking class.”

“How did you mess up breaded zucchini?” Max asked confused, it was a pretty simple recipe... you bread the zucchini and fry it in a pan…easy right?

“I didn’t mess it up…I just did it wrong.” Michael said causing Max to turn to him.

“What’s the difference?” Max asked.

“The difference is that I followed the recipe word for word.” Michael vowed and Max raised an eyebrow. “But I apparently bought cucumbers instead of zucchini.”

“OH GOSH!!!” Max laughed and Michael glared at him. Once he caught his breath Max turned to all the other pots and pans. “And what are all these about?”

“Those are my previous attempts.” Michael said as he picked up the last batch and threw it in the sink with the rest.

“Michael…when did you realize you were using the cucumbers?” Max asked and Michael mumbled something. “I’m sorry…I didn’t catch that.”

“I said…5 minutes before you walked in.”

“Oh Man…that’s good…this is classic.” Max said laughing at his roommate. “I can’t wait to see you try to work at a restaurant. I want to be there on the day they put you in charge of the cooking.”

“Shut up!” Michael said as he threw the dish rag at Max who was heading out of the room. “Where you going?”

“Living room to call Isabel.” Max explained as he picked up the phone and started to dial.

“Tell her I say hi.”

“Yeah yeah.” Max called back as he waited for his sister to pick up the phone.

“Hello?” Isabel asked into the phone.

“Hey little sis.” Max tease and he smiled as he pictured Isabel getting mad.

“Max…you were born a minute before me…get over it!” Isabelle yelled and then sighed. “So you finally call your sister? What took so long Max?”

“I’ve been busy.” Max explained and he shrugged even though she couldn’t see it.

“Not too busy to go out to lunch with Tess 3 times this week…including today. What was she the one that finally talked you into call me?” Isabel accused and Max sighed.

“No…she didn’t talk me into anything. I was going to call…I’ve just been busy. The only time I have had to relax Tess has begged me to get lunch with her.” Max pleaded and he could tell Isabel was satisfied with his answer.

“Very well.” Isabel responded after she decided to forgive her stupid brother. “So…tell me about Liz.”

“WHAT?” Max asked in complete shock that Isabel knew about her and then it dawned on him. “What did Tess tell you?”

“Enough.”

“Isabel…”

“Fine everything.”

“Man.” Max said as he laid back on the couch to ready himself for the interrogation. “What do you want to know?”

“See…what that so hard?” Isabel joked. “So…what’s she like?”

“Perfect.” Max responded without hesitation.

“You’re not giving me a lot to go on here Max.” Isabel added. “How am I supposed to know if I’d like her?”

“Isn’t it enough to know that I like her?” Max said although he already knew the answer.

“Absolutely not! As your sister I reserve the right to tell you my opinion on anybody in your life and you must listen.” Isabel explained.

“Like you listened to me about Jesse?” Max asked and from the silence he knew she was surprised he knew about that.

“That was different, we were friends and you know it.” Isabelle defended but she knew it wasn’t going to work.

“According to Tess you two were more than friends.” Max said and he heard Isabel curse on the other side. “Using Tess for information works both ways.”

“So I’ve learned.” Isabel said as she looked at the time. “Look, I got to go…I have a date in 5 minutes. So I’ll call you later ok?”

“Sounds good.” Max said. “But make sure your date knows your older brother has a shovel and a gun and he knows how to use them.”

“I always do.” Isabel said before they said goodbye and hung up.

“How is Isabel?” Michael asked once he entered the living room with a Snapple and he sat down next to Max on the couch.

“She’s Isabel.” Max explained and then he looked at his watch. “You didn’t clean all those dishes in 10 minutes did you?”

“Yeah” Michael said and when Max just raised an eyebrow he explained. “If you mean stacking them in the dishwasher and starting it…then yes I did clean them all.”

“Michael!” Max said as he jumped up and ran to the kitchen to stop the dishwasher. He pulled out a pot and noticed Michael didn’t even wash off the burnt food first. “Mike…you can’t do this.”

“Why not? It’s a dish and that’s a dishwasher…it’s a no brainer to me.” Michael said with a shrug but Max just glared at him.

“You need to clean these…individually. Or at least clean off this crap first.” Max said as he pointed to some breaded stuff on the pan. “Then…you can neatly put them in the dishwasher. The way you have them in there now only a third of the dishes would get clean.”

“Fine…I’ll do them later.” Michael said as he tried to walk out of the room but Max grabbed his collar and pulled him back.

“No, you’ll do them now.” Max said as he handed Michael a pot and pushed him to the sink. “There is dish soap under the sink, and there should be a green scrubber next to the sponge.”

“You are such a woman.” Michael said as he got to work cleaning the pans.

“Your future wife will thank me someday!” Max yelled as he walked back to his room.

Subject: Venting

Hey partner…you’re probably surprised that this isn’t a new paragraph, since it is your turn to write one...lol. I just wanted to vent something and I had a felling you would listen. I know we’ve only know each other for a few weeks…but I can already tell you are a great listener, and a great guy if you are anything like Sam.

Ok. So my roommate is also my best friend since we were in diapers, for security reasons we will call her “Kate”. I love her to death but we are such different people that sometimes I wonder how we stayed such good friends. I mean when we were growing up we had everything in common….but as we got older we started to like different things. We normally would have drifted a part…but we had a special person who kept us close, let’s call him “Tim”. He is our other best friend and he’s one of the most amazing guys. If I wasn’t best friends with Tim, and seen him go through puberty (and it was not a pretty sight!!)…I would probably be in love with him.

Anyway…Tim just got back in to town. He graduated early since he started to take college classes in High School. He has an amazing job in a big city and he couldn’t be happier. He showed up today to spend time with Kate and me…but I think something is going on that he isn’t telling us. You’re a guy…can you think of anyway I can get him to tell me what's up with him? I could use all the help I can get…I’m worried.

Hope you can help
!

Max smiled when he sighed on and saw he had a message from “Suzy.” She was something else. He could tell from their brief conversation that she had a real sense of humor and a great personality. When he read the email Max was upset that she was so worried. He understood where she was coming from though. Having both guy and girl best friends throws you for a loop sometimes when you try to communicate with them; he quickly hit the reply button.

Subject: Vent away

That’s so funny! I have a guy and girl best friends as well. I completely understand. One of my best friends “Derek”, he is the complete opposite of me as well. First off tonight he clearly reminded me that he is a total slob! Sometimes it surprises me to come home to an apartment at all…I’m scared he is either going to burn it down trying to cook, or he is going to do some self decorating with a chain saw. My girl best friend “Emily” is a completely different story. We actually got to know each other because she was new and I befriended her. After a while I guess she got the wrong impression and told me she was in love with me. It took months for us to get back to where we used to be….and it took that long for her to realize that she wasn’t really in love with me, but that she did love me as a friend.

The problem with Tim…hmm. Hard to say honestly. I know from experience that guys aren’t going to tell you what they are thinking about until they want to. My advice is to let him come to you. How long is he staying? If it is over a week…most likely he will come to you by the end of it, just don’t push. I hope everything works out for you and him. It was good to get to know you…other than from your writing as “Suzy.” I hope to get a few more of these emails through out the semester...as much as I love “Suzy” and “Sam” I’m kind of liking getting to know you too…

I think its ok to ask this here…since Prof Van Nutton is reading this, maybe we could talk through AIM…..to get to know each other better.

Max hit the send button and signed off. He was starving and if Michaels little cooking fiasco earlier taught him anything…it’s that if he wanted to eat, he was going to have to fix it himself.

“So….what are we going to do tonight ladies?” Alex asked later on that night. They had all gone to the girl’s apartment and help sent up the futon in the spare bedroom for Alex to sleep on. They then got their ice-cream and dished about Max.

“I don’t know…I kind of wanted to study.” Liz said and she was instantly hit on the head with a spoon. “Hey! That hurt.”

“Sorry.” Maria apologized. “But Liz…Alex is here and we want to have fun!!”

“Yup…2 against 1. Maria and I voted and we are going out!” Alex said as he gave Maria a high five. They loved to gang up on Liz and force her out of the house and to have fun; it was the only way that had ever gotten her to go to parties in High School.

“Fine. I give.” Liz sighed and she was instantly tackled by both her friends and given huge hugs. “Ok! Ok! So where we going.”

“I have just the place.” Maria said with a smirk as she ran to her room and grabbed a piece of paper. When she returned to Liz and Alex she handed them the paper and explained. “This flier was handed to me outside of the book store today…looks pretty cool.”

“The Quake?” Alex asked as he looked at the club flier. It seemed pretty cool…they played dance music and it was the local college hangout so all the people there would be their age. “Sounds fun.”

“I’m in.” Liz said surprising her friends. “What? I can have fun you know?”

“Oh believe me…I’m learning.” Maria said as she jumped up and grabbed Liz’s arm. “Come on….we are getting dressed up.”

“See you in 3 hours Alex!” Liz joked as she was pulled from the room to get ready to go clubbing.

“Sadly…that’s probably true.” Alex said to no body in particular as he got out a new shirt and set it aside…he would be ready in 10 minutes tops.

“Come on Max…please?” Tess begged Max, literally. She was on the ground, on her knees pleading with Max to go with her. “Please…come on. One night of fun won’t kill you!”

“I have fun!” Max added and he pulled Tess to a standing position. “Why do you want to go to this club anyway?”

“Because Max…it’s the local hang out” Tess explained as she handed him the flier. “See says so right there.”

“You know they just say those things to get unsuspecting girls like you to go there and get drunk. It’s a dangerous place Tess.” Max explained and he shook his head.

“All the more reason for you to go with me and keep me safe.” Tess said as she pouted. She knew Max couldn’t resist the pout.

“Damn it.” Max cursed all women who pout…it was the way to his heart. “Fine. I’ll go…but I’m not dancing, and you have to talk Michael into going.”

“I’m ready.” Michael said when he walked out the bathroom dressed to impress and he stood in front of his friends. “What?”

“You planned this?” Max accused Tess who just smirked.

“I have my ways.” Tess said in a sing-song voice. “Now, go get dressed. I already picked out your clothes.”

Max passed by Michael and looked him up and down before glaring him in the eye. “Traitor.”

To: Aliendude@email.com, Girlnxtdor@email.com
Subject: AIM

I thought about your request and I will allow you two to talk through AIM, as long as BOTH of you copy your conversations and sent them to me. I will take no exceptions, as soon as you stop talking copy the conversation and sent it to me.

Professor Van Nutton had never thought of allowing the use of AIM in this assignment…but this partnership was proving to be a special one in deed. He deiced to allow the Aim and was looking forward to the conversations.

Van Nutton was shocked at this partnerships last paragraphs…there was so much sexual tension between these characters that he could feel it from his computer. Most of the other students had just resorted to stupid paragraphs about space wars and Indians; nothing interesting at all. But this partnership…it held passion and excitement….at the end of the semester he definitely was going to ask for an invite to the wedding.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hello everybody!! Just wanted to let you all know that I sent the next chapter to my beta so as soon as she sents it back...I'll post it. You never know...she may give it to me early!!

Anyway...I just wanted to stop by and let you all see something REALLY cool.

:D :shock: I WAS NOMINATED AT MEMORIES!!! :shock: :D

Best Newcomer

Its amazing you guys! Its my first ever!! For any of you that had a hand in this...thank you sooo Much!! Just being in the same category with Raychelxbelle, FamersAmers, and To_Kiss_A_Frog...is worth it...I have no chance of winning....but just being with those amazing authors, makes me soooooooo happy!! Thanks again and here is a link to the website. Take a look around you guys...its an amazing board....vote, play games,...and most of all...HAVE FUN!! Memories

Thanks again...I am still in shock...best new comer...wow. :shock:
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Thank you everybody...as you noticed...this is a VERY Eary update!! Its for Shatterdreamer...cuz she just sounded sooo sad and pleading...I'm a sucker, what can I say?

This chapter is the beginning of the club Max and Liz don't see each other until next chapter which I will give you on Sunday...2 in a week!! See how much I love you all!!

Behrsgirl1230 wrote:hahah awww i would ask for an invite to the wedding too! I like how Liz confided in Max even tho she really didn't know him. I can't wait until they act on there feelings....hopefully at the club! :D
Yes...they will be acting on those feelings...he he he. Not this chapter but the next one, on Sunday.
roswck wrote:Love this. they have a relationship developing over the internet and in person. I like it. I loved Michaels cooking fiasco.

Roswck
Thank you! Glad you are liking it...and that cooking fiasco I actually have seen in person...I did not make it up!
hazz wrote:I wonder what Max and Liz will find at the club?? Eachother maybe? Great part

Haley
Who do you think I am? Of course they will find each other...he he
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257 wrote:You go, Professor Van Nutton!! Dang, i wish there was a pumping fist smiley. Or even a thumbs up one. How awesome would that be? Very is the right answer.

Hehe, i laughed so hard at the part where Micheal tried to "cook". But then again, I can sympathize with the guy because many a times have I set the smoke alarm off. Cooking can really be a hard concept to grasp!

So, Tess was IN love with Max, but now she juss loves him...as a friend. I guess it is true that you can be IN love with someone and just love another person. I mean, we all love our very best friends, but we're IN love with our significant other. Is there a difference? Yes. Confusing? Very.

Awesome update!
Lol...I pictured a little pumping fist smilie just for you!! Yes...although I can actually cook...it is a hard concept to grasp for some...the fiansco with the cucumbers, I have actually see in person...
googi wrote:First let me tell you that even though I didn't post a reply on your last chapter, I read it. It's just that I've been very busy getting everything ready to go on vacation. Sorry. But I loved the last chapter.

I'm happy that you brought Alex into this story. We all need a dose of Alex. He is such a wonderfull character. I can't wait to find out what is going on with him. I hope that Liz can help him with whatever it is that is bothering him.

As for Michael trying to cook on this one, I mean that was just hysterical. zuchini and cucumbers....I know they look alike but come on if he is studying to be a chef he should have known the difference...LOL...

Great chaper. I'm only sorry that I have to wait to more week to find out what's going to happen at the club. :cry: :cry: :cry: See you when I get back from my vacation.
Bummer....I will miss you but when you get back you will have at least 2 chapters to read yeah!!!
adreamer wrote:Great story!!!! :) Can't wait see what happens when they meet at the club.Post soon!!! :D
Thank you...yes the club is going to be fun!!
begonia9508 wrote:Are they going to finally meet at the club?

And Mike, disgusting what he did with the washmachine!!..... :shock: 8)

EVE :wink:
Yes meeting is at the club....meeting...ok maybe a little more than a meeting...he he he
ShatteredDreamer wrote:
...at the end of the semester he definitely was going to ask for an invite to the wedding.
Professor V.N. sure is quite sure of himself isn't he? lol Although I have to agree with his views concerning Max and Liz.

They're both going to be at the club. Now's the time for Max to make his move. Michael frying cucumbers instead of zucchini is just scary. Funny as hell but scary.

I know you usually update on Sunday's but I was just wondering if by chance you finish the next chapter a few days early, will you please post it sooner? I can't wait for Max and Liz to run into each other. Come back soon with more!!

Fried cucumbers anyone?
HA HA!! I've actually had to eat fried cucumbers...so I know they are nasty. And this early post is for you...cuz you make my hear break with your pleading tone...lol. So here you go....AND I'll be back on Sunday too!!
RASaero611 wrote:damn I wish that this chapter never ended. I loved the new update of course. I love the idea of Max and Liz being able to talk to each other through AIM now...better way to get to know each other.

great update
post more soon please

oh yeah, and they better dance together at the club
ARE YOU CRAZY!! Of course they are going to dance...and more!! HE HE HE!!
FamersAmers wrote:Jennifer!!!

I so missed you at the bottom!!! Bummer! But I was at Comic Con so that is why I didnt beat you too it!!!

Ok so the Professor, isnt he a trip! He is really into this and he is getting a kick out of watching it. He is right there is tension and it was funny when he said he was going to ask for a wedding invitation!! That was great!!

As for their emails, they are getting personal and I think that is great. I think once they form a friendship they are going to figure out pretty fast who each other is..I dont know maybe not!

As for AIM'ing..what a concept, props to Max for thinking of that one! And Props to Prof V.N. what a guy to let them do that!!!

Ok so I am loving this and I am going to have to find a way to read it while I am out!!! (crying as I think of it!!) YOu are doing awesome!!!

Ams
Thank you my dear! I Pmed you...but I still hope all is well :( . Yes...I just had to throw in the AIM...so much potential!! I don't think they will realize who each other is right away....what am I saying, I wrote this! Of course they won't realize it...!! Whats the fun in that!!
taressa05 wrote:Amazing update, and I've finally gotten some time at the computer to read it. I really liked how we got to see the friendships between the characters, and the developing friendship between Max and Liz, even if they don't know it's each other. And it seems the professor is quite the matchmaker, and proud of himself for it too. :lol: Their little meeting at this club should be interesting. I'm seeing either a Bump/Stumble/Catch (BSC) situation, or a Star-Crossed Lover's Gaze from Across the Romm situation here. Can't wait.

~Dani
Oh...not the BSC...but you got the SCLG...he he...thats so cute! We make up the greatest little things don't we Dani. Well you don't have to wait any longer cuz its here and then on sunday as well!!! YEAH!!
vampyrax wrote:Hey that zucchini bit not funny, I made that a couple weeks ago with real zucchinis it was terrible. At least Michael had an excuse. But the rest of the part was great. I hope the Prof. breaks down and drops some hints as to who they are paired with, Max is shy he needs all the help he can get.
HA HA. I don't think it was you....fried zucchini sucks as it is...with or with out the right vegetable. Lol Max will do just fine on his own!!
obsession wrote:Hope Max find out the Liz and Alex are not dating.

Great 2 chapters.

I fell off my chair laughing with the Professor request of an invite to the wedding. Isn't he thinking too soon? Doesn't matter but it was really funny.

Can't wait for more.
He may be a little fast...but it works :wink:
BehrObsession wrote:Somehow I missed a part, but I'm caught up now. The last two updates were great. Too bad that Max misunderstood Liz & Alex's relationship. Hopefully they'll all meet up at the club and get started on a real relationship. Can't wait to read more!
He He He...oh they will!! Glad you are all caught up!!
AppleJacks wrote:loved the new part I hope they bump into each other at the club.... it should be a good time.. Yes?
Totally!! I'd bump into Max at a club no question!!
RASaero611 wrote:congrats on the nom
can't wait for the next chapter
Thank you and here it is!!
maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Congrats! And great part!!! I'm assuming they'll be at the same party???? Come back soon!!
Yes they will be at the same party...so expect some fun!!
ShatteredDreamer wrote:CONGRATS!...and post more soon.
I'm back and just for you!!

Chapter 5

Liz snuck out of her bedroom quietly as Maria was doing something crazy to her hair. Liz said she was going to get a drink from the kitchen but she headed to the study instead. Liz quietly opened her email account and waited for it to boot up.

“YOU HAVE MAIL!!!” Liz cringed and hit the volume quickly; she glanced at the door and waited a few moments to make sure that no one was following her. When Liz was sure no one was coming, she opened her mail folder and smiled when she saw a message from her partner. She read the first about his advice about “Tim”

The problem with Tim…hmm. Hard to say honestly. I know from experience that guys aren’t going to tell you what they are thinking about until they want to. My advice is to let him come to you. How long is he staying? If it is over a week…most likely he will come to you by the end of it, just don’t push. I hope everything works out for you and him. It was good to get to know you…other than from your writing as “Suzy.” I hope to get a few more of these emails through out the semester...as much as I love “Suzy” and “Sam” I’m kind of liking getting to know you too…

Liz thought about his advice and decided to follow it; wait until Alex came to her. She knew it would have to wait until after tonight…since they were all going out; but she hoped to find out the truth by the end of Alex’s visit. She found herself blushing as she read over the last few words…

I’m kind of liking getting to know you too…

Liz was about to close her email when she was alerted to a new message; she was shocked to find the new message was from their professor. AIM? That opened a whole new world to their partnership…a more personal conversation.

Max smiled at the professor’s agreement to the AIM conversations. He glanced through his mail to delete the Spam mail and noticed a new message from his partner.

Subject: AIM

Well I got your advice and I will follow it…I’ll let you know how it goes.

Also I see Van Nutton agreed to the AIM so mine is Girlnxtdor…look me up some time

Max quickly added her to his buddy list. He was shocked to see she was online…. What should he do? Should be let her come to him or should he say something?

Max decided to make the first move and send her a message…here goes nothing.

Liz was reading a biology journal online when she was alerted to a new message that made her smile. It wasn’t hard to figure out who it was when she saw the name Aliendude. She quickly allowed his message.

Aliendude: Hello? You there?
Girlnxtdor: I’m here.
Aliendude: Cool
Girlnxtdor: Yeah
Aliendude: Um… Hi!
Girlnxtdor: lol…Hi! How are you?
Aliendude: I’m good. You?
Girlnxtdor: Good…just hiding from my roommate. She is doing some weird crap with her hair and I’m trying to stay out of the line of fire.
Aliendude: I hear that…my sister is that way…when she makes me go shopping for her…she always ends up pulling me into the mix. Last time I ended up spending over a hundred bucks on clothes I haven’t even taken the tags off of.
Girlnxtdor: Ha ha…sounds like a sister.
Aliendude: You have any?
Girlnxtdor: No…but I’ve known my best friend since we shared a bottle…so she is basically my sister.
Aliendude: That’s nice
Girlnxtdor: Yup. Ok…this is weird…is this weird for you?
Aliendude: totally…but not in a “I wanna stop kinda way.”
Girlnxtdor: Exactly.
Aliendude: Just to remind you…save the convo and send it to the professor.
Girlnxtdor: Thanks.
Aliendude: So um…Suzy likes to sleep in class huh?
Girlnxtdor: Hey! Sam is one to talk…he’s a little bit of an exhibitionist don’t you think.
Aliendude: Ok…you got him. Sam likes to get it on in public
Girlnxtdor: It’s always the quiet ones
Aliendude: Look…I hate to do this, but I got to go. I have plans for the night.
Girlnxtdor: Yeah me too…but this was fun.
Aliendude: Yeah it was. Listen…I hope this isn’t too forward, and if it is then I’m sorry…
Girlnxtdor: Go on…
Aliendude: But…I was wondering if once this whole thing is over…and we finally meet, if we could maybe go out sometime?

Liz was shocked, but in a good way. He wanted to go out with her...she just couldn't believe it.

On the other hand, Max was freaking out.... Why did he say that? He wanted to go out with her, but he was never usually so forward, he usually was shy...but "Suzy" made him want to be forward.

Girlnxtdor: Wow…I don’t know what to say.
Aliendude: Its ok…I understand, its weird I know…just forget it.
Girlnxtdor: NOOO!!!! I don’t want to forget it. I would like that very much.
Aliendude: Really?
Girlnxtdor: Yes really. I like you “Sam”
Aliendude: I like you “Suzy”
Girlnxtdor: Well good.
Aliendude: yup…good. So…are you like my cyber girl now?

Liz was blushing and smiling at his confession that he liked her…she had thought she was way of base when she said that she liked him but she was wrong.

Max on the other hand was sweating his ass off in his room. They liked each other…the next plausible step was to go out, but they couldn't do that…could they? Date online? Would she be up for something like that?

Girlnxtdor: Maybe…lets just say we are in the preliminary stages of our relationship. I’m interested.
Aliendude: Good to know.
Girlnxtdor: Yeah…I thought you were going to go.
Aliendude: I thought I was too…but now, I’m talking to my girl.
Girlnxtdor: Your girl? Tad bit possessive aren’t you?
Aliendude: You have no idea.

“Max? Are you ready yet?” Tess called through Max’s bedroom door. She has seen the guy dressed up…it didn’t take that long to look good.

“Shit.” Max said as he jumped up and started to put his clothes on. “I’ll be out in a minute.”

“You weren’t…doing things were you?” Tess asked as she made hand gestures around her crotch even though he couldn’t see her. “Relieving a little tension?”

“TESS!!” Max yelled at the door. Why do girls always assume that if a guy is running late that he was “relieving a little tension?” Guys don’t always do that…most of the time, but not always.

“Well…I was just checking to see if it really was going to be a minute.” Tess said and she jumped back when Max opened the door. “Hi!”

“I was not doing that…so just back of and I’ll be out in a minute.” Max grunted and Tess held her hands out and walked away.

“Fine…but you better put the snake pack in his tank; we are going out into public.” Tess yelled back and Max looked down to see his fly open and he grimaced. He ran back to his room and checked his messages.

Girlnxtdor: Um.Hello? You still there?
Aliendude: Sorry…my friend was harassing me…I’ve got go now. I don’t want too, but I already made plans before we talked and before we started to…um.
Girlnxtdor: Date?
Aliendude: Yeah…I guess we can call it that. I don’t really want to leave yet…I want to talk to you some more. I hope you don’t think I’m one of those guys that aren’t dependable because I am.
Girlnxtdor: Don’t worry about it. I actually have to go as well…my plans are starting soon too. Talk to you later?
Aliendude: Definitely. Bye.
Girlnxtdor: Bye

“LIZZIE!! Time for your hair!!” Maria yelled and Liz sighed before she signed off and headed to the torture chamber.

“Wow this place is great!” Tess yelled over the loud music once they entered the local club. The music was great and there were so many kids from Las Cruces there. “Are you two ready to party?”

“Yeah…whatever.” Michael said as he glanced around the club, this was usually not his scene. “The only reason I’m here is because you paid me 50 bucks.”

“WHAT?” Max asked shocked but then he realized he had no reason to be surprised. “I knew it! I knew you wouldn’t come here unless there was some hidden motive-” Max was saying but a familiar face in the crowd caught his eye. “Isabel?”

“What? Where?” Tess asked as she jumped up trying to see over the tall people around her…she really hated being short. “I can’t see her.”

“On the dance floor.” Max said as he started to make his way towards his sister. “Dancing with Jesse.”

“Max.” Tess grabbed his arm and turned him to face her. “I don’t know what you are planning on doing…but don’t do anything stupid tonight; not here.”

“Tess…she’s my sister, I won’t let that ass treat her like he does every other girl.” Max explained and Tess’s hold on him relaxed a little. “Besides, I’d do the same for you any day.”

“Fine…but if she gets pissed at you, I don’t want to hear you blaming me and I reserve the right to say I told you so.” Tess warned and Max nodded before turning to Michael.

“Got my back?” Max asked as he started to walk away. He didn’t need to hear Michael to know that he wasn’t going to be alone in this. Michael loved Isabel like his own sister; he was furious when he heard that Jesse was interested in Isabel again.

“Absolutely.”

“Hey Isabel.” Max said as he touched his sister’s shoulder and she turned to see who interrupted her dance.

“Max?” Isabel asked as she pulled him into a hug; completely surprised to see him here. Although Max wasn’t a loner or a bookworm, he still wasn’t the type for clubbing. “What are you doing here?”

“Tess made us come.” Michael answered as he stepped from behind Max and Isabel’s face brightened.

“MICHAEL GUERIN!!” Isabel laughed as she hugged her second brother. “Where have you been? I’ve missed you so much!”

“Me to Issy…me too.” Michael replied and smiled shyly when Isabel kissed his cheek. He was about to say something but the figure behind Isabel beat him to it.

“What’s going on Isabel?” Jesse asked after he realized Isabel wasn’t dancing with him anymore. He turned to see her hugging and kissing Michael and he started to see red.

“Jesse, you remember my brother Max and our friend Michael.” Isabel explained and she watched as all three boys stared each other down.

“Of course.” Jesse said as he shook both guy’s hands. “Nice to see you both again.”

“Like wise.” Max said with a fake smile on and he cleared his throat to signal Michael to do something.

“What? Oh!” Michael asked and then he turned to Isabel. “Tess asked you to meet her in the bathroom for a minute.”

“Oh? Ok.” Isabel looked between the three guys uncomfortably. “I’ll be back in a second.”

“Take your time.” Max said with a sly smile. “We will keep Jesse company.”

Jesse sighed when Isabel was out of earshot. “Look Max before you assu-”

“I don’t think so.” Max interrupted. “Don’t think I’m stupid and don’t see what you are doing Ramirez. I know what you do to girls and I’m just here to warn you that it isn’t going to work on Isabel.”

“What Isabel and I do is none of your business.” Jesse replied with a smile. Isabel had been flirting with him all night just like she used to do back in high school; he hoped to repeat the events of those times too. Though he had slept with a lot of women in his days…Isabel was always one of his favorites.

“Maybe not, but know this…I have no problem hunting you down if you hurt her.” Max warned and Jesse’s eyes widened. “You may have gotten away with doing this to the other girls…but not this one. Not this time.”

“Michael? Tess wasn’t in the bathroom.” Isabel announced when she returned completely confused as too why she was sent to look for her friend when she wasn’t there.

“Oh, my mistake.” Michael said while shrugging. “Why don’t we all get a table together?”

“Sounds good.” Max said as he squeezed Jesse’s shoulder hard as a warning.

“Maria…I still think I look ridiculous!” Liz exclaimed as she ran her hands down her outfit. This was definitely the last time she let Maria pick out her clothes.

“Liz, you need to relax…you look hot! Besides look around, you are practically wearing a nun’s outfit compared to a lot of the girls in here.” Maria responded and Liz glanced around.

“I guess you’re right.” Liz agreed when she looked around. She was surprised at what the girls were wearing, she thought that her tight red leather pants and black halter top was too much…but she noticed most of the girls here were actually in bikini tops and mini-skirts. Liz felt uncomfortable in the outfit but she loved her hair. Maria had pulled it up into a messy up do and gave Liz a smoky eye look with glitter accents…she agreed she did look hot.

“So ladies…can I get you two anything to drink?” Alex asked after he spotted the bar across the club. He glanced around at all the college women and knew that he would need a little liquid courage before he talked to any of them.

“Sure…um Sex on the beach.” Maria asked and both her friends looked at her. “What?”

“Is it good?” Liz asked hesitantly…she wasn’t a big drinker, and she was surprised that Maria was ordering anything.

“Don’t know.” Maria shrugged. “I heard about it from a classmate…thought I’d try it.”

“Sure…why not.” Liz agreed. “I’ll have a sex on the beach as well.”

“You got it.” Alex said with a smile and he walked away.

“So…what do you think is his problem?” Maria asked once Alex had walked away. She had noticed a change in their best friend and was freaking because she couldn’t figure out what it was.

“You notice it too?” Liz asked filled with some sort of relief that she wasn’t hallucinating. She also was filled with dread…if Maria noticed something enough to mentioned it then their friend had a big problem.

“Oh yeah…he’s so out there.” Maria tried to explain. “He’s always been a fun guy, but this Alex…” Maria drifted off and Liz nodded.

“He’s not our Alex?” Liz added and Maria agreed.

“Yeah, I think this Pamela thing was a little harder on him than he is letting on.” Maria said and she watched as Alex took a shot and started to flirt with some girls at the bar. “Or maybe we are taking this too seriously.”

“What?” Liz asked confused until Maria pointed to Alex and Liz watched as Alex leaned over and watched as the girls wrote something on a napkin and handed it to him. “Oh my.”

“Alex just needs a rebound!” Maria said both surprised and relieved.

“Alex? No…no Maria. Alex is not a rebound guy!” Liz declared and Maria just shrugged his shoulders. “He can’t be just looking for a good lay…not our Alex.”

“Face it Liz…” Maria sighed as she wrapped her arm around Liz’s shoulder. “Looks like you’re the only prude left in our group.”

“Shut up!!” Liz laughed and pushed Maria away right when Alex was returning with their drinks.

“Two Sex on the beaches” Alex said as he handed them over.

“Thanks Alex.” Liz said as she took the drink and tasted it hesitatingly, she nodded her approval of the flavor. “This is good.”

“Yeah, but not as good as Alex…3 girls in one night? Man you really do need to upgrade your ram huh?” Maria joked and Alex choked and spit out his beer on a girl standing next to them, which caused Maria and Liz to laugh hysterically.

TBC...Thanks Emma for getting this back to me so quickly!! See you sunday!!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Lol...ok in my defense, it's still Sunday where I am lol...I hope you all enjoy this part because our dreamers finally "meet" lol...
maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Loved it! Very fun and fluffy! More soon! :D
Lol thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!
begonia9508 wrote:Really great part!
Had to laugh about the fly! :lol: :lol: :lol: thinking about Tess's presumptions!!

EVE 8) :wink:
Yea...but I've made those presumptions myself!!
Mariael311 wrote:JULES!!! You know I love you but I'm kicking your ass for not telling me about this story sooner!!

I'm loving!! It's hysterical and at the same time, I'm like..would they do it already! :D

Can't wait for more! :D
HA HA HA!! The feedback that confused me!! Hi Mar!! Glad to see you left some feedback!! HA HA...I'm writing this and I say the same thing...Max just pin her up against a wall!!
Behrsgirl1230 wrote:hahahahahah that was great!!! I can't wait until Sunday...thank you sooooo much for updating early!!! :D The AIM convo was priceless lol. I can't wait to see Prof VN's reaction to it haha.
He he he...glad you liked it...most of that convo came from my friends experience with on-line dating.
AppleJacks wrote:such and Alex thing to do, I love the banter between the friends.... hurry back with more!
Lol thank you!! I love how the friendships are developing as well!
BehrObsession wrote:Loved the new part. So Suzy & Sam are cyber-dating...how cute is that? I can't wait for Max & Liz to notice each other in the club and for Michael & Isabel to meet Maria & Alex. Sparks should be flying everywhere. Please post more soon!
You got that right...sparkage!!
ChemChic wrote:I don't know how I missed this fic, but I am absolutely loving it!!! I am in complete hysterics over this, it's so great!!!! You are going to laugh, but I actually quoted the piece about michael and the cuccumbers on my aim...that was hilarious!!!! anyways, great work, and please, please, please post more soon!!!!! I can't wait until max and liz find out just who their respective partner is!!!

ciao!

~*Pippa*~
Lol thank you and WELCOME to the story!! Lol I'm glad you liked the Michael part because I've seen it happen in real life...not a pretty picture!!
taressa05 wrote:You know, we really do come up with some good stuff. That's just because we rock! :lol: And that's not just the vanity talking. :lol:

Despite Max and Liz not actually having their SCLG yet, this chapter was so freakin' awesome! I love their little AIM conversation. I couldn't believe it when Max actually proved that he does in fact have balls and asked her to be his cyber girlfriend. And the whole thing with Tess thinking he was in there jackin' off...let's just say that I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Poor Max though, comes out with his fly down so it does look like he was "relieving the tension." :lol: Wonder what's gonna happen when they see each other at the club and want each other, but then they have their cyber significant other. This should be very interesting. And are you sure that we can't tempt you to update even earlier than Sunday?

~Dani
Sorry Dani...I tried to post earlier...but I'm lazy. :P It's so true though...girls just assume guys are always "relieving some tention". I know I have!! Yes the SCLG is coming now...I hope you enjoy this chapter...it's romantic than I usually do..so let me know ok??
RASaero611 wrote:aw I loved the update. So "Sam" and "Suzy" are cyber dating? thats cute! and then he already got a little protective. But I just love the whole idea and I can just imagine Van Nutton on the other end reading their conversation

great update!!!
come back soon please with another
Thank you! Yes they are cyber dating. I've always loved protective Max...on of my fav. episodes is The Toy House because the look on Max's face when he watches Kyle and Liz is so priceless...
ShatteredDreamer wrote:Thanks so much for the early update! And we get another one on Sunday...YAY!! I'd jump up and down but I'm still sore from my workout. :D

"Sam" and "Suzy" are so cute online. There's this innocence and awkwardness that was so Max and Liz - S1. I loved it! So will we see some "Sam and Suzy" cyber lovin' since they can't date in person?

Jesse sounds like a total jerk. Isabel needs to run quickly in the opposite direction and straight into Alex's arms.
Girlnxtdor: Your girl? Tad bit possessive aren’t you?
Aliendude: You have no idea.
Ain't that the truth! Thanks again for the early part. Can't wait to see what happens when Max and Liz spot each other in the club.
No problem, glad that I could make you want to jump up and down!! Oh...there will be some cyber lovin'...he he he.
FamersAmers wrote:Jennifer!!

You know that I loved it!! And what they heck? You had to go and post today and look what happened? I didnt get to leave you anything at the bottom because you posted early :x ...not that I am mad you posted early or anything...but you got to warn me!! LOL

So cyber dating...I love it! And they are so funny on the AIM...well at the begining!

So the club...what is up with Jesse..and Alex? hmmm the wheels jsut keep on turning!!

Cant wait for Sunday...loving it!! YOU ROCK
Ok...next time I will warn you ahead of time when I will post early...lol. Jesse and Alex will be explained a little later..but it will be coming, don't worry! Thank you!!
vampyrax wrote:I can't believe I actually like Tess, she is so funny. Keep up the good work. I hope Max and Liz get to share a dance.
Yea!! I'm glad you like my Tess!! It's my first time not making her evil....and they will be dancing!!
kittens wrote:I'm trying to figure this out.
They like each other from class.
They like each other from online.
Online they are giving it a go.
What could they in reality together without cheating the online relationship??
Lol...its confusing I know...but it will be explained better in the next couple chapters!
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257 wrote:Okey doke, first of all, I loved the new part! AND it's early!

Now, I couldn't resist putting a couple of quotes cuz i knew what I wanted to say in my mind, but then when I got to the post a reply section, it all trickled out like water through a strainer.
Maxsgurl wrote: Aliendude: yup?good. So?are you like my cyber girl now?
Cyber girl...hehe. You just gotta love modern day technology. I mean, before you could only date someone you knew personally, but now, you can date some bald geezer name Billy Bob online, thinking that he's a model!!
She was surprised at what the girls were wearing, she thought that her tight red leather pants and black halter top was too much?but she noticed most of the girls here were actually in bikini tops and mini-skirts.
Sadly, that is too true. I went to the mall here in good ole Kansas and there were a couple girls in their swim suits. I'm like, is there a need to wear that? Unless they sprung for a slip-n-slide on the escalators, which they definitely WOULD NOT, there is absolutely no reason to wear those things. Some people. Sheesh.
?Yeah, but not as good as Alex?3 girls in one night? Man you really do need to upgrade your ram huh?? Maria joked and Alex choked and spit out his beer on a girl standing next to them, which caused Maria and Liz to laugh hysterically.
Too funny! You just gotta love Alex, the ladies man.

Hehe, I went a little went overboard with the quoting but oh well. Overboard, Schmoverboard!
NO!! I loved the quotes...if you wanted to quote the whole chapter I would have been fine lol. Billy bob...that had me cracking up!!
obsession wrote:I like this AIM thing. It's seems really neat. BTW, what does it stands for?

So Liz is Max cyber girl. How great is that?

Wonder what you are up to next because it is getting very interesting.

See you soon.
AIM...stands for AOL Instant Messanger...I think. It's just a specific IM program. Lol...I'm just gonna keep you guessing :wink:
Vicki LVCM wrote:Don't faint! I'm leaving feedback! Lame feedback but feedback! ;)

Loving the originality of this fic! :D Hurry back!
I DID FAINT!! Lol...damn it..where is my *thud* smilie when I need it lol. So glad that you stopped by and let me know you're here. Thanks Vicki!!
roswellian504 wrote:I'm really enjoying this story.

Maria and Michael have to meet but not live together. 2 slobs can NOT live together.

I'm thinking the couples will be M/L, M/M, I/A & T/? or is all this wishful thinking?
HA HA...yeah two slobs to not work. Your right...the couples will be that way...and as a little hint, Kyle is coming into the picture eventually! :wink:
RoswellRulz wrote:This is a great story! It's so cute that Max and Liz are in a cyber relationship. I'm liking this professor too. Who wouldn't want him as a professor? He sets you up with hot guys!! lol. Can't wait for the next part!
~Nikki 8)
Thank you and WELCOME TO THE STORY!! Lol yes...I want him as a professor as well...but I still haven't found him lol.

And one more person who didn't leave feedback, but I know your reading....[b/ HI JULES!! [/b] stop by and see me sometime...lol.

Chapter 6

“Well…we are going to dance.” Isabel said after the group had sat down and talked for a few minutes. She really wanted to get Jesse away from Max and Michael and hopefully find out what really happened when she went to the bathroom. “Jesse?”

“Yeah. Let’s go.” Jesse said as he got up and led Isabel to the dance floor.

“Man I hate that guy.” Max admitted as he watched Jesse pull Isabel into his arms during the slow song. Max cringed when Isabel laid her head on Jesse’s shoulder causing Jesse to slide his hands just above her butt.

“I don’t understand what the problem is.” Tess added and both guys quickly turned to her with stunned faces. “I mean, she obviously likes him…maybe she is happy.”

“Happy? With that slim ball?” Michael asked with a disgusted look. “Sure she may think she is happy…but so did all the other girls he’s dated; look what happened to all of them.”

“He has a point Tess.” Max said and Tess just nodded. She understood where Max and Michael were coming from….she didn’t like the guy either, but she could see Isabel cared for him.

“Hey, isn’t that Liz?” Tess asked and Max quickly followed her line of sight to the dance floor.

“Holy mother of all things good…” Max trailed off as his jaw dropped.

“What? Which one is Liz?” Michael asked as he looked around the dance floor trying to find someone who he didn’t even know what she looked like. He watched as Max tried to form words but his mouth just kept bobbing up and down; Michael smirked before he turned a questioning stare to Tess.

“The brunette in the red leather pants.” Tess said and she watched as Michael’s eyes widened. “Let’s just say…Liz apparently ditches the book worm look for after school activities.”

“Damn Max…” Michael said approvingly. “You sure do know how to pick them.”

“Wow…her…I…leather…smoking…hot.” Max said and his friends laughed at his attempt to speak.

“Well, I guess talking to her is out of the question.” Michael joked and Max glared at him before clearing his throat.

“She looks amazing.” Max said in awe of Liz on the dance floor. She was moving her hips to the beat perfectly. He watched as she trailed her hands up and down her body and Max unconsciously wiped the drool from his gaping mouth.

“That she does Max.” Michael agreed but he seemed more interested in the fiery blonde dancing with her. “Excuse me while I go see a blonde about a dance.”

“Michael!!” Max called to his friend but all he got was a flip of the hand before Michael disappeared into the crowded dance floor.

“Well…” Tess asked as she rested her chin on her fist. “You going to go ask her to dance or what?”

“Huh? I couldn’t…she wouldn’t dance with me.” Max said sadly. No way would a girl…woman like Liz be seen with a guy like him.

“Well, seeing as Michael is about to steal her dance partner, I think she’d dance with the next guy to ask her.” Tess answered. “Now, are you going to be that guy?”

“What about you?” Max asked. He wanted to dance with Liz so bad…but he didn’t want to abandon Tess.

“Relax. I think I can find someone to entertain me for a little bit.” Tess said with a wink and she got up and walked off. Max took a deep breath and headed towards Liz.

Ladies and Gentlemen
Ladies and Gentlemen
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen
This is a Jazze Phizzle Productshizzle
“Missy”, The princess in here “Ciara”

The girls were just finishing their drinks when the new song started and Maria screeched as she grabbed Liz and pulled her to the dance floor. The girls started to laugh and move their hips to one of their favorite songs.

This beat is
Automatic, supersonic, hypotonic, funky fresh
Work my body, so melodic, this beat flows right through my chest
Everybody, ma and pai, came to party
Grab somebody, work ya body, work ya body
Let me see you 1, 2 step

Rock it, don’t stop it
Everybody get on the floor
Keep your body up
We about to get it on
Let me see you 1,2 step
I love it when you 1,2 step
Everybody 1,2 step
We about to get it on

Liz didn’t know if it was the outfit, the music, the drinks, or a combination of all of the aforementioned things…but she felt hot. She gravitated her hips from side to side with the music as she ran her hands up her sides and waved them in the air.

This Beat is
Outrageous, so contagious, make you crave it
Jazze made it
So retarded, top charted, ever since the day I started
Strut my stuff and yes I flaunt it
Goodies make the boys jump on it
No I can’t control myself
Now let me do my 1, 2 step

Liz laughed as Maria grabbed one of her hands and they started to sway together, matching their movements. Maria pulled Liz closer and she placed her hands on Liz’s hips causing Liz to do the same. They laughed as they moved their hips in perfect time with each other. They finished the song laughing and having a good time.

Liz sighed when a slow song started and she turned to get Maria and head to the table with Alex, but Liz turned to see Maria talking to some guy with brown spiky hair. Liz watched as couples all around her snuggled up into each others arms to dance and Liz watched in awe as Maria wrapped her arms around this guy and they started to dance. Liz turned and started to walk off the dance floor but a tall figure stepped in front of her and stopped her exit.

“Uh, Hi Liz.” Max said as he looked down at her. He had practically ran to be the guy for the next dance. He had watched her look around at all the couples and he could tell she wanted to dance to this song, but she just wanted someone to dance with.

“Hi Max.” Liz smiled at her classmate. She tried to not blush under his gaze. She really did like Max, in the times they had talked he seemed smart and funny, and a complete sweetheart…he was just her type.

“Um…can I have this dance?” Max asked shyly. He was still uneasy asking her, but he decided he had to take the chance.

“Of course.” Liz said calmly, but inside she was jumping up and down thanking the stars that blessed her right now. She slide her hand easily into Max’s outstretched one and he led her back onto the dance floor.

Lying here with you
Listening to the rain
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face

Liz smiled and her heart soared when Max smiled back. Max pulled her closer, and she laid her head on his chest, feeling his steady breaths.

These are the moments I thank God that I’m alive
These are the moments I’ll remember all my life
I found all I’ve waited for
And I could not ask for more

Max closed his eyes as they swayed to the music together. The words to this song rang so true to Max right now with Liz in his arms. He prayed that this song never ended, because he was scared it would only be a song and a dance.

Looking in your eyes

Liz lifted her head and looked into Max’s eyes. Begging him, using her heart, but she couldn’t figure out what she was saying to him.

Seeing all I need

Liz watched with uncertainty as Max stared back….hoping she felt the same he did. Liz lowered her eyes but Max quickly lifted her chin and brought her eyes back to his.

Everything you are is everything to me

Max pleading with her to know how true that line was. Liz blushed and Max sighed as he pulled her back to his body. She wrapped her arms around his waist and Max rested his clasped hands low on Liz’s back.

These are the moments I know heaven must exist
These are the moments I know all I need is this
I have all I’ve waited for
And I could not ask for more…

I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have has come true
And right here in this moment is right were I’m meant to be
Here with you
Here with me

Max unclasped his hands and trailed one up Liz back and over her shoulder. She pulled away and looked at him as he caressed her cheek and she titled her head up to him slightly. That was all the invitation that Max needed, he lowered his lips to hers and they kissed gently. At the first touch of their lips there was a spark and they both pulled back to stare into each others eyes…both pleading the other to be ok with this.

These are the moments I thank God that I’m alive
These are the moments I’ll remember all my life
I’ve got all I’ve waited for

I could not ask for more than this time together
I cold not ask for that this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have has come true
And right here I this moments is right were I’m meant to be
Here with you
Here with me

Liz had been waiting for Max’s next move but after he made no attempt to repeat their kiss, she had had about enough. Liz stood up on her tiptoes and kissed Max as she wrapped her arms around his neck prompting him to wrap his arms around her body and hold her against him.

I could not ask for man than the love you give me
‘Cuz it’s all I’ve waited for
I could not ask for more.

They pulled away from their kiss as the song faded into the background. Liz’s eyes twinkled as she stared back at Max, waiting for any clue to what just happened between them, but he was just as confused as she was. Max sighed as he leaned his forehead against Liz’s; they both closed their eyes and soaked in the feelings that were floating around them.

Songs: One, Two step by Ciara
I could not ask for more by Edwin McCain

TBC...hope you enjoyed it!!
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

HEY ALL!!! I'm sooooo glad you liked my songs...cuz that was the first time I've ever used a song and I'm soooo hooked that all my fics are now having songs...he he he. I love it!
About this part...it is just transition, you don't learn to much with Max and Liz....but you get more of Alex and Tess, who I am SOOOO Happy you are all loving...cuz her character comes in handy later...I love her!!

So just bare with me in this chapter and you will be rewarded!!

FamersAmers wrote:I AM FIRST!!! WOO HOOO!!!

Oh Baby!! They kissed! I am so excited!!

And I so found a way to read this!! Which was quite hard!! But I did it!!!

You know I thought this part rocked especially when they kissed. My only thought is. If they kissed on the dance floor and they have this attraction in life. If they dont have a clue as to who each other is...what does this do to their cyber dating? Because as far as they know they are dating other "Sam" and "Suzy"..so are they going to ditch these "Sam" and "Suzy" or are they going to cheat...lol hmmm the mind is in overdrive!!!

I will pm ya later!! You ROCK!!!

Am's
Lol Am's....your mind is on overdrive...but this part will not answer those questions...SORRY!! You have to wait for the next one...he he he. And I got the PMS (HA HA HA) and was soo happy to finally hear from you!!
ChemChic wrote:AMAZING part...they are just so wonderful together...i absolutely love the way you portray them...brilliant!!!!!! i can't wait for the next installment (a little nookie, perhaps? :wink: ) thanks for posting!!

pippa
Thank you! Sorry, um no nookie in this part...this is just filler until the next part. So hold on and the nookie will come!!
RASaero611 wrote:yay :!: :!: you have no idea how happy you just made me by posting this chapter :D

I'm so excited to see what happens next between them...please tell me that they don't chicken out or get too nervous or self concious. And I wonder how it will affect "Sam" and "Suzy's" cyber dating

come back with more soon please
Ha ha ha, they don't chicken out...really, you'll just have to bare with us all and get through this crappy chapter until the next better one...sorry!!
To_Kiss_A_Frog wrote:They just cheated on their cyber- boy/girl friend, lol. But it was a great chapter, loved the song and i'm glad they just went for it and kissed!!

I still think Jesse's a sleaze even though we don't know much about it him yet and I love Tess in this fic. Kudos to her for pushing Max to go to Liz. He will definitely be thankful to her later.

Great party Jennifer, post more soon please!
-Cyn-
Cyn I am so glad you love Tess, it worries me so much writing a character who is completely different then she was in the show, but people are loving her so I am happy!! I'm happy you liked that song...one of my favs.
Behrsgirl1230 wrote:oh my god...let me just tell you that that Edwin McCain song was my Junior Prom theme to that song and I danced with the guy I was in love with at the time and he kissed my forehead after the dance and as I was dancing with him all I could think of was how perfect the song was....awww memories! haha. I don't even talk to that guy anymore tho so hopefully Max and Liz will have better luck than I did! haha great update!
YEAH!! I am sooo happy you liked that song choice and it brought back memories...it is one of my favorite songs and I thought it fit perfectly into that part.
AppleJacks wrote:great new part, I love the max and Liz dance scene... and liz and Maria,,, its such a girl at a club thing to do!! can not wait for more@
Thank you! Yes, all my friends go out and grind together at clubs...funny to watch but I never participate lol.
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257 wrote:Awesome, another update! Well, since you liked the quotage, I'll do some more cuz it really is rather fun. Ooh, I'm getting giddy!
Maxsgurl wrote:"Holy mother of all things good..." Max trailed off as his jaw dropped.
HAHA! Ah, that was great. I loved that line.
Maxsgurl wrote:"Wow...her...I...leather....smoking...hot." Max said and his friends laughed at his attempt to speak.
That too was a high-larious line. I love it.
Maxsgurl wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen
Ladies and Gentlemen
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen
This is a Jazze Phizzle Productshizzle
"Missy", The princess in here "Ciara"
You know, I've always wanted to know the lyrics to that song; I'm just to lazy to look 'em up. Thanks for putting them lol!
Maxsgurl wrote:Liz laughed as Maria grabbed one of her hands and they started to sway together, matching their movements. Maria pulled Liz closer and she placed her hands on Liz's hips causing Liz to do the same. They laughed as they moved their hips in perfect time with each other. They finished the song laughing and having a good time.
Hoowee, and some wonder why Max is so riled up? Liz just lets it all go in da club. Hey, more power to her!
Maxsgurl wrote:Lying here with you
Listening to the rain
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face
I love that song. *Sigh* It's so romantic!
Maxsgurl wrote:Everything you are is everything to me

Max pleading with her to know how true that line was.
I seriously awwwed out loud at that. That is such a Max thing to do. So cute.
Maxsgurl wrote:Liz had been waiting for Max's next move but after he made no attempt to repeat their kiss, she had had about enough. Liz stood up on her tiptoes and kissed Max as she wrapped her arms around his neck prompting him to wrap his arms around her body and hold her against him.
WOOHOO, you take the iniative girl! Haha, it's good she decided to go for it cuz we all know how Max can get. :roll:

Well, that is all the quotage for this part. It really is a lot easier for me and my failing memory. I loved the part, and I cannot wait to see what happens with Max and Liz now that they had a breakthrough!!

Awesome part!!
I'm glad you like quoting because I really look forward to seeing what you liked! It makes me smile because you pick the lines that I loved and spent so much time making sure they worked in the story! I think you will like tess in this part lol.
ShatteredDreamer wrote:
“Wow…her…I…leather…smoking…hot.” Max said and his friends laughed at his attempt to speak.

“Well, I guess talking to her is out of the question.” Michael joked and Max glared at him before clearing his throat.
LMAO!
“Well, seeing as Michael is about to steal her dance partner, I think she’d dance with the next guy to ask her.” Tess answered. “Now, are you going to be that guy?”
Thank you Tess! Just a little push in the right direction. Your Tess keeps winning brownie points.
Liz had been waiting for Max’s next move but after he made no attempt to repeat their kiss, she had had about enough. Liz stood up on her tiptoes and kissed Max as she wrapped her arms around his neck prompting him to wrap his arms around her body and hold her against him.
I loved this part. Way to go Liz! Max took too long and Liz took the initiative. Maybe he was in shock from kissing her.

I have the same question a lot of other people have asked. How does this kiss effect the cyber relationship between "Sam and Suzy"? Bring on the cyber nookie! Great chapter and well worth the wait! Come back soon with more!
Lol, you will have to wait for the effect of the cyber relationshop and the cyber nookie...this is just a little filler chapter that I don't like very much...but I felt I needed it.
taressa05 wrote:Oh, I enjoyed it alright. 'Bout damn time those two came together in the real world. They were so sweet together, and I can't believe they kissed! I'm really wondering what's going to happen when they realize that they have a cyber significant other. Hope they don't decide that they can't be together because of some internet relationship where they can't exchange any personal details or meet in person. No wait, that probably is better than having the hottest man alive attached at the lip to you. :lol: And yes, that was my sarcastic voice you heard right there.

Oh yeah, and not to question your genius, but I thought that the students from the class weren't allowed to talk to each other out of class. Or am I just remembering that completely wrong (strong possibility of that one :wink: ). You better get your little butt back here soon. I'm not a very patient person. :D

~Dani
I know you are not a patient person Dani, lol. And you are not completely wrong...but the whole not talking to each other...was just for the first class so that it didn't ruin the assignment, they are allowed to talk now as long as they don't say their screen names or talk about their projects....did that explain it?
Vicki LVCM wrote:AWW! That was sweet!
Thanks Vicki...I love seeing your feedback lol.
vampyrax wrote:Wait that wasn't enough what the hell happened? You better get your ass back here.
Lol, sorry I'm back now!!
begonia9508 wrote:Finally they kissed...... and now???? :lol: :lol:

EVE :wink:
Lol yes they finally kissed, but you will have to wait a chapter for more action...sorry!!
roswell3053 wrote:Let me just say "WOW"

I just started reading this fic today, and I love it. I am kind of curious as to how they are going to react to cheating on their "cyber" selves. I hope that they get together outside of their class assignment. I would just hate to see thier "cyber" relationship take a bad turn because they may end up saying something that will make everything blow up.

Now Isabel needs to figure out that Jesse is just a jerk, and be the one to bring Alex back from what ever has him so distracted. Please do not pair up Alex and Tess. No matter how nice she is being to Max and Liz, I just can't stand Tess (stems from not liking her on the show and the fact that I hold a grudge). I just think that Isabel and Alex are to cute together. Maybe you can let Tess and Jesse be together. That way it will piss off Isabel and help push her to Alex.

These are just my thoughts...I guess I have never really gotten over the fact that Alex was killed off on the show.

This is an awesome fic, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Jennifer
Thanks Jennifer...that was weird typing my own name, anyway.

WELCOME TO THE STORY!! Glad you like it!! Yes Isabel will realize Jesse is a jerk, don't worry about that.
And your questions about the cyber relationship will be answered soon!!

obsession wrote:Awe, I am floating on air. What a chapter? Can't believe Max finally got the nerve to ask Liz to dance with him.

Wait, though. Doesn't Max and Liz have a cyber boy- or girl- friend somewhere? How is this going to work out even though its each other?

More please.
Lol, yes they do....and the plot thickens!!!
Erina258 wrote:Yahooo! They finally kissed!!! I was laughing when Max could not tell a normal sentence. :lol:
It must have been very hard for him to go and even to talk with her...he,he :lol:
Hurry back, we need to know what will happen next!
Lol, you will be bored with this part...sorry, more intense dreamer stuff comes next chapter!!
Sternbetrachter wrote:great part! :)
I so hope that Jesse does something very stupid/jerky that will make Isabel go "eww" or Alex to be the knight in shining armour :lol: ... not that it will be necessary, I'm sure when A/I meet, it will be love at first sight (or at least lust for starters) :lol:
Tess is fun so far :) maybe there'll be a Kyle appearing for her :lol:

Trude
Trude, I'm glad you like Tess....I smile everytime someone says that they are surprised or even mad at themselves for liking her....I LOVE HER in this story...she definetly is pushing our dreamers.
Earth2Mama wrote:OMG!!! I can't believe I've been missing this. What the heck? :lol:

I love this story! So, you got this idea from a school assignment? Did something similar to this happen during your class?

This is just getting too good! I can't wait to see what happens between them next! Post more when you can :D
Man, I wish something like this happened in my class lol. It was going to be an assignment, but there were not enough guys so the teacher talked to us about past assignments. It sounded like a dreamer story to me!!
kay_b wrote:Awww, so cute. They finally got together...and kissed too! Can't wait for the next part.

Kay
Thank you, glad you liked it!
BehrObsession wrote:That was so great. I knew Max wouldn't be able to stay away once he saw Liz. I'm wondering how this is going to affect their "cyber-dating". As interested as they are with the cyber-person, real life should take precedence, right? I hope nothing happens to keep them apart or make them feel badly about being together. Can't wait for more!
How will this effect thier cyber dating...the question of the century...you will have to wait and see!!
hazz wrote:Cyber girl....love it! Cant wait for then too hook up.

Haley
Lol thanks Haley!

Chapter 7

“Morning.” Liz yawned as she walked into the kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee.

“Hey.” Maria said from where her head was laying against the cold kitchen table.

“Sleep well?” Liz asked with a smirk as she took a sip of her coffee before she spit it out into the sink while making a face. “This is disgusting! What the hell is it?”

“My special blend of ingredients that will erase any night of partying.” Alex said as he walked in the kitchen and poured a fresh cup of “coffee” and handed it to Maria. “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” Maria groaned as she grouped around the table for her cup and ended up sticking her hand in it. “Shit!! That’s hot!”

“I’d imagine so.” Liz said as she turned and examined the coffee maker. “That craps not going to ruin my coffee maker is it?”

“For crying out loud…I’ll buy you a new one if you just shut up!” Maria yelled before she grabbed her head and placed it back on the table.

“Hang over?” Liz whispered to Alex who just nodded and grimaced. He had had plenty of those during his later college days when all his classmates were older and partied harder…that’s how he came up with his drink.

“Here…drink up.” Alex said as he placed the forgotten cup back into Maria’s hand and she lifted her head and took a sip.

“Oh god…that is disgusting.” Maria said making a face before she covered her mouth and ran to the bathroom. Alex and Liz were soon hearing the sound of Maria retching in the bathroom.

“Poor Ria.” Alex sympathized as he got up and put something in the microwave.

“I know…but she is the one that kept drinking.” Liz added. “She must have had 8 drinks…whatever that guy was buying her she kept drinking it.”

“Yeah…you weren’t any better.” Alex said as he placed a cup of coffee in front of Liz. “Made it fresh before the other stuff.”

“Thanks.” Liz said and she sighed when the rich coffee hit her tongue. “And I only had one drink. I was not drunk…not even close.”

“I didn’t mean you were drunk on alcohol…you were drunk on something else.” Alex said and he laughed when Liz tried to hide her smile behind her cup.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Liz said as she jumped up and ran to her room. As soon as she got there she jumped on her bed and waited for Alex who was right behind her. “What?”

“Nothing.” Alex said nonchalantly as he walked into Liz’s room and joined her on the bed. “So…Max huh?”

“Shut up!” Liz laughed as she grabbed her pillow and hit him on the head with it. “I should be asking you why you’re here and not at some strange girls house; you got enough numbers last night that there is a good chance one if not two of them would have taken you home.”

“They offered…I’m just not interested in that.” Alex explained and Liz quickly turned to him. “I know what you’re thinking.”

“How could you? I don’t even know most of the time.” Liz teased and Alex smiled.

“You’re thinking that all I wanted was a quick lay…I figured that much out after Maria’s comment about updating my ram last night.” Alex explained.

“That was her idea Al…I said you’d never do that.” Liz quickly jumped in; she wanted to make sure her friend knew she had faith in him.

“Well…you were both wrong.” Alex said. “Sort of.”

“How so?”

“I did come here looking for just that…a quick and easy lay. I felt I needed it after what Pamela did to me.” Alex stated.

“What really happened Alex?” Liz asked and she sat up on her side propping her head up with her elbow. She was happy that Alex was admitting all this stuff to her…but she didn’t want to pry; she wanted him to feel comfortable coming to her.

“Well a few weeks after you two left, Pamela and I got into a huge fight; as I told you.” Alex said and Liz nodded for him to continue. “But we didn’t end it then. I tried because if my girlfriend can’t trust me or make room for my best friends…then I don’t want to be with her.”

“I’m sorry Alex…I can’t believe that she would want to break up with you because of me and Maria.” Liz said as she sighed. Now she remembered why she never really liked Pamela in the first place.

“It’s not your fault really. Like I said, that wasn’t the reason we broke up.” Alex said and he took a deep breath before he continued. “I went to her apartment to pick her up for a surprise weekend get away. I knocked and she didn’t answer…so I used the hide a key and let myself in. I walked inside and I looked around trying to find Pamela. After not finding her in the main part of the apartment I headed to the back; to her room.”

“Alex-” Liz tried to interrupt him; she didn’t want him to continue…it seemed to hurt too much.

“No, it's ok.” Alex said holding up his hand. “I need to do this. I walked into her room to find her lying in bed with one of my co-workers that she met at the company party the week before.”

“I don’t know what to say Alex.” Liz said as she started to cry. Alex reached up and wiped her tears away causing her to laugh. “Look at me…you get cheated on and I’m blubbering here like it happened to me!”

“Thank you Liz.” Alex said seriously as he pulled Liz in a hug that was awkward because of their position lying down. “I don’t know what I’d do with out you.”

“Or me.” Maria said as he stumbled her way into the room. She headed over to sit on the bed but lost her balance and slipped right off onto the floor. “Oh this is much better.” She said from her position on the ground causing Alex and Liz to crack up.

“Max…you need to wake up.” Tess said as she tried to wake Max up. She sighed when he rolled over and grumbled something incoherent. “Told you this wasn’t going to work.”

“Please.” Isabel said as she walked out of her brother’s room and went into the bathroom. She returned with a cup. “I lived with this guy for over 18 years…including the womb, I think I know how to wake him up.” Isabel said as she walked over to the bed and poured the contents of the cup on Max’s face.

“JEEZ!! ISABEL!!” Max said as he jumped up and started to wipe his face off. “That shits cold!”

“How did you know it was Isabel?” Tess asked amused that Max hadn’t even opened his eyes.

“Please. I’ve lived with her for 18 years including the womb, no one can wake me like Isabel.” Max said repeating Isabel’s earlier words. “Besides…who else could be so annoying this early in the morning?”

“Since you just woke up, and we want some answers…I’m going to let that slide.” Isabel said as she walked to the hamper, picked up an old towel and threw it at Max to wipe his face.

“What the hell do you girls want at-” Max said groggily as he turned to his alarm clock and read the time. “6:45 in the morning? Couldn’t you have waited until it got to the double digits?”

“Where is the fun in that?” Tess said with a smirk as she watched Max sit up against the headboard. Moments like these reminded Tess of why she thought she was in love with Max. Watching him sit there with his hair all messed up and wet…still in his t-shirt and boxers from the night before. If she didn’t love Max as a brother she could see herself really loving him. “Did you have a good night?”

“Yeah…why?” Max asked hesitantly as he watched the girls in his life walk to either side of the bed and sit down, effectively blocking his only ways of escape.

“We were just wondering. Since you were mumbling something about Liz when we came in earlier.” Isabel said with a smirk when Max blushed.

“And that huge boner in your shorts lets me know it was a very good night.” Tess pointed out and both Max and Isabel looked towards his crotch.

“OH MY GOD!!” Isabel said as she quickly turned away and covered her eyes. “I just looked at my brother's erection…oh man…this is just sick! Gross…. nasty…I’m scarred for life.”

“Tess! I can’t believe you just did that.” Max said as he quickly grabbed a pillow and covered himself.

“What? It’s a natural reaction.” Tess said with a shrug. “I would expect that sort of thing from any healthy male, especially with two sexy women in your bed.”

“One of them is my sister Tess!” Max reminded her and she just smirked.

“Whatever floats your boat.” Tess said. “I think that’s actually legal in the south.”

“You’re sick Tess…just sick.” Isabel claimed as she shook her head. “Now…if we can please get off the topic of my brother’s hard-on and get back to the subject at hand please?”

“I thought that was the subject at hand?” Tess joked.

“Tess…” Max warned quickly and Tess apologized. “What is the reason you are here anyway?”

“Basically, we saw you with Liz…and we wanted to know how it went.” Isabel said and Tess nodded her agreement to the question.

“Well if you saw us, then you know how it went.” Max said and the girls just looked at him confused.

“We saw you kiss yes, but we are asking about what happened afterwards.” Tess said.

“What do you mean afterward?” Max asked and he watched as both girls shared a look before slapping him on the back of the head. “Mother…. What was that for?”

“For being a dumb ass that’s what!” Isabel scolded her brother. It was times like these that she couldn’t figure out how they were genetically linked.

“You kissed a girl and didn’t talk about it afterwards? Did she say anything?” Tess asked as she looked at her best friend as if she didn’t know him.

“No we didn’t talk…the song ended and we just walked away.” Max said as he shrugged his shoulders. What was he supposed to say after kissing someone…nice tongue work?

“I can’t believe this. Max you just threw away any chance at being with Liz.” Isabel explained and when Max’s eyes widened Tess nodded.

“How?” Max asked scared. He admitted the thought that he ruined his chances with Liz frightened him. “How can one event ruin everything?”

“Because Liz is a girl…and we hold grudges like no other.” Tess explained. “If you hurt her feelings by walking away…then you are pretty much screwed.”

“Damn it.” Max cursed as he ran a frustrated hand threw his hair. “What can I do?”

“Talk to her…let her know that the kiss meant something. That you weren’t just using her.” Tess advised her friend.

“And that will work?” Max asked and both girls nodded. “And there are guys out there that will just kiss a girl…not meaning it?”

“How do you think Jesse Ramirez gets girls to sleep with him?” Isabel said sadly.

“Izzy--” Max said…he wanted to comfort his sister, but he knew she wouldn’t take it.

“It’s ok.” Isabel said with a shrug and she blinked back tears. “Its all for the best. Besides, I should have listened to you and Michael.”

“We can kick his ass if you want.” Max offered seriously. “We can make his face so messed up that no one could recognize him.”

“I’ll let you know.” Isabel said laughing and the three of them turned to the door when Michael burst in.

“What is going on in here?” Michael asked as he lifted up his shirt and scratched his stomach as he yawned.

“Oh yea…that’s my kind of man.” Tess joked and they all laughed when Michael raised a confused eyebrow at her comment.

Ok....so like I said...this will not answer many questions, it was a transition chapter and it let Tess be Tess...so I hope it didn't suck and that I didn't loose to many readers with it.

AND I always forget to Thank her...but EMMA (emz80m) is my amazing beta, and I love her for taking time out of her busy schedule to read my chapters for me...YOU ROCK GIRL!!

And the comment about incest being legal in the south...I DO NOT MEAN TO OFFEND anyone...it was a joke, I'm from California...we are very open to alot things here...so again SORRY!!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Ok...so once again...computer problems delayed me...if you are reading my other stories you know what I'm talking about lol.

Glad you all liked that chapter and I hope you enjoy this as well!!

taressa05 wrote:You know, if I didn't like a good incestual Southern joke as much as the next person, I think I would have to be offended as I'm from the South. :lol: But like I said, we love a good uncle-daddy joke down here so I guess I'll let you slide on that one. :wink: And oh yeah, you answered my questions about them talking to each other.

Now as for the chapter...totally had me lmao! Especially the Max section. Poor thing, first he gets accused of jacking off and then they come in and find him with a boner. He just can't catch a break. But I liked seeing all the friendships in action. And we finally learn what the hell is going on with Alex, so great chapter all around. Now you just need to hurry back with the next one. :D

~Dani
Lol I knew you wouldn't be offended Dani...please! I was just making sure the other southerners on the board were not thinking I'm some weirdo lol...you never know these days, I'm from San Fran..so you know me..lol.
Earth2Mama wrote:LOL Funny update! :lol:

Poor Max. I hope he didn't do anything to disinterest Liz.

Post more soon :D
Lol That wouldn't be dreamer like if I didn that...
roswell3053 wrote:I loved this update. I am glad that it looks like Isabel is seeing how Jessie really is. It looks like Tess is actually going to be okay in this, so I will give her a chance. I also love the way that Max, Tess, and Isabel were able to joke about Max's morning erection.

I am glad that Alex told Liz what was going on. I hope that she can help him out.

I can't wait for another update. You are awesome!

Jennifer
(I have a best friend that has the same name and it used to be real weird when I was talking to her and saying my own name. LOL)
Lol I grew up with another Jennifer G (we have the same initials all the way through...except I have one extra letter...lol)...so people couldn't do the whole Jen G...thing. I have about 20-30 different nick-names because of that lol.
kay_b wrote:Tess reminded me of a girl version of Kyle. She was funny. It's good to see that she has such an easy-going platonic relationship with Max. I like it a lot. Can't wait for more Dreamer interaction though. :D

Kay
Lol Good! That was what I was actually going for when I wrote Tess! You get your dreamer in this!
RASaero611 wrote:
“What? It’s a natural reaction.” Tess said with a shrug. “I would expect that sort of thing from any healthy male, especially with two sexy women in your bed.”
hahaha seriously, Tess had me cracking up in this chapter
What was he supposed to say after kissing someone…nice tongue work?
imagine if he said that? i would just crack up laughing.

well, another great update
I can't wait for the next one
Glad you liked it!!
GottaFeedTheMonkey1257 wrote:Woohoo, I was waiting for this part all day, and let me tell you, it was well worth it! Time for some lovely quotage...
Maxsgurl wrote:"No, it's ok." Alex said holding up his hand. "I need to do this. I walked into her room to find her lying in bed with one of my co-workers that she met at the company party the week before."
What a slut! She definitely doesn't deserve a guy like Alex. Poor Alex, though. Dang that slut and her slutty ways.
"Or me." Maria said as he stumbled her way into the room. She headed over to sit on the bed but lost her balance and slipped right off onto the floor. "Oh this is much better." She said from her position on the ground causing Alex and Liz to crack up.
Dude, I do that all the time when I feel sick. There's just something about the floor that is oh-so comforting.
"Please." Isabel said as she walked out of her brother?s room and went into the bathroom. She returned with a cup. "I lived with this guy for over 18 years...including the womb, I think I know how to wake him up." Isabel said as she walked over to the bed and poured the contents of the cup on Max's face.

"JEEZ!! ISABEL!!" Max said as he jumped up and started to wipe his face off. "That shits cold!"

"How did you know it was Isabel?" Tess asked amused that Max hadn't even opened his eyes.

"Please. I've lived with her for 18 years including the womb, no one can wake me like Isabel." Max said repeating Isabel's earlier words. "Besides...who else could be so annoying this early in the morning?"
Hehe, that part was hi-lar-i-ous. Reminds me of the good ole days when my sister and I had the morning wake up calls with cups of cold water. Good times, good times.
"And that huge boner in your shorts lets me know it was a very good night." Tess pointed out and both Max and Isabel looked towards his crotch.

"OH MY GOD!!" Isabel said as she quickly turned away and covered her eyes. "I just looked at my brother's erection...oh man...this is just sick! Gross.... nasty...I'm scarred for life."
HAHA! That was priceless. I love how blunt Tess is.
"What? It's a natural reaction." Tess said with a shrug. "I would expect that sort of thing from any healthy male, especially with two sexy women in your bed."

"One of them is my sister Tess!" Max reminded her and she just smirked.

"Whatever floats your boat." Tess said. "I think that's actually legal in the south."
You're right, I do like Tess a lot more in this part. It's easier to like her when she's not scheming to get Max.
"No we didn't talk...the song ended and we just walked away." Max said as he shrugged his shoulders. What was he supposed to say after kissing someone...nice tongue work?
What a guy, he is. Woo, that was a good line...nice tongue work...priceless.
"What is going on in here?" Michael asked as he lifted up his shirt and scratched his stomach as he yawned.

"Oh yea...that's my kind of man." Tess joked and they all laughed when Michael raised a confused eyebrow at her comment.
More props to Tess for her awesome jokes. I'm really starting to like your Tess lol.

And that is all for today. Can't wait to see how Max tries to make up for his kiss and run attitude!

Awesome part!
Lol Ok...so you ONCE AGAIN! Picked my favorite lines lol. With the water thing...I have an older brother so I know exactly what you are talking about :wink:
And the tongue work...was actually from personal experience..well sort of. A guy friend of mine actually told a girl he was dating that...let's just say it didn't work out with them. :lol:

AppleJacks wrote:great new part. Liz didnt seem mad in the morning so why are the girls freaking out? I am glad that Alex finally opened up and things are going good!
Thank you! Isabelle and Tess are...well just them lol.
ChemChic wrote:AWESOME update!!!! I love the relationship you've developed with Max, Tess, and Isabel in this fic...it's so refreshing to read something where Tess isn't panting after a completely uninterested man (you have actually made me LIKE her here, and that's a biiiig deal!!!!!). Excellent job!!!!

post more soon please!!!!

Pippa
Thank you!! Love to hear that people like my Tess!
Vicki LVCM wrote:Another great part! :D
Thanks Vicki...hope you like this one as well!
vampyrax wrote:Poor Tess needs a man so she can stop harassing poor Max about his sex life or lack there of.
Lol, I'll see what I can do about that :wink:
begonia9508 wrote:Loved Tess's banter about his boner!!! :lol: :lol:
What's a naughty girl!!! :lol: :lol: But I guess Max is used to it; living with two girls is quite hard sometimes (that what my son said!)!!

Waiting for more - EVE :roll: :wink:
Lol my dad is living with two girls right now and he is HATING it...lol.
confusedfool wrote:Haha great part!! I actually like Tess in this fic! sees funny

Good I'm glad you like tess!!
Sternbetrachter wrote:lovely update! :)

looks like Tess enjoys the mornings with the Evans silbings :twisted:
"What? It's a natural reaction." Tess said with a shrug. "I would expect that sort of thing from any healthy male, especially with two sexy women in your bed."

"One of them is my sister Tess!" Max reminded her and she just smirked.

"Whatever floats your boat." Tess said. "I think that's actually legal in the south."
so, Isabel knows that Jesse isn't a knight in shining armor? good, very good! :D

poor Alex - I so hope that Liz and Maria inflict some horribly painful revenge on Pam! :twisted:

Trude
Lol lets all kill Pam ok?
To_Kiss_A_Frog wrote:Great part! I’m glad Alex finally opened up about what was really bothering him. LMAO over a drunk Maria and Max’s morning wood!

Come back soon please!
-Cyn-
Lol I loved drunk Maria!! and Max's wood...lol. I'm not going to go there though..:oops:
BehrObsession wrote:Loved the new part. Poor Max, he was the victim of an inquisition so early in the morning. I can't believe that he just walked away from Liz after the dance and, especially, the kiss! You'd think he would try to start a conversation or at least let her know he's very interested in her. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Lol He's a guy...they usally don't use their heads..
Behrsgirl1230 wrote:hahahah i thought that part was great! poor alex...but its ok cuz now Liz and Max will get together and set up Alex and Isabel and all will be good :D
You have it all figured out don't you? :wink:
Paris Nicole wrote:This story is FABULOUS! PLEASE UPDATE SOON! Thanx!
Thank you and I'm back!
roswellian504 wrote:I really liked the chapter.

Also, I'm from the south (born and bred) I thought the joke was funny.
I'm glad you liked the joke...my family is from Missouri...so I know that most people aren't offended, I have a few stories in my family, but I don't want to get into that now lol.
Topy458 wrote:I've just found this story and its great! I have to agree that I actually like Tess' character in this fic only because she's not hunting and ploting for Max like she usually does. I hope we can expect another part soon. Keep up the amazing work!! :D

Jenna
Glad you like Tess!
tijuana_lady wrote:
Maxsgurl wrote:“And that huge boner in your shorts lets me know it was a very good night.” Tess pointed out and both Max and Isabel looked towards his crotch.

“OH MY GOD!!” Isabel said as she quickly turned away and covered her eyes. “I just looked at my brother's erection…oh man…this is just sick! Gross…. nasty…I’m scarred for life.”
LMAO I sure wouldn't mind looking at...uh oh don't go there, Jules... lol

Loved this part and I want more!! :D
HOT DAMN!! I got Jules to post! Where is that freaking THUD smilie when I need it! Glad to actually SEE you here...since I know you're reading you little Voyeur you...
FamersAmers wrote:Jennifer...I just realized that I didnt post!! OMG :oops: !!! Sorry!!

So I figured I had better do it before I left of LB and didnt get to!!!

Ok so great part!! Like always...have to say Pam is a bitch...but what else is new...um hilarious the way Tess talks to Max. LOL...remember that PM? Well it is true!!

You are doing a great job...and I really want my answers to the whole Suzy and Sam and whether or not they are going to tell each other they cheated on each other with each other. You're killing me!!! LOL

You are awesome!!! :lol: :D

Am's
Lol sorry Am's you will have to wait a little longer for the sam and suzy...I guess you get a few answers but not tooo many. Enjoy girl!

Chapter 8

It had been a week since the night at the club. Liz had basically spent as much time as possible in her apartment. She admitted she was hiding; no question.

What happened with Max was only described as magical, but that wasn’t the problem. The problem was that not 2 hours before Max and Liz kissed; she had told “Sam” that she liked him and they had started to date. It was only an on-line relationship for now, until they could meet in person after the assignment. But even if it was only an on-line relationship…why did she still feel like she just cheated on “Sam”?

Max had been thinking the same thing over the last week. He liked Liz a lot; there was no question about it…but what about “Suzy”? Is what he feels for Liz strong enough to break the commitment to Suzy? Max hadn’t even gone on-line in the last week because he was scared he would have to talk to Suzy and explain what happened. To top things off, he and Liz could barely look each other in the eye. Max could only imagine what she thought about him.

Liz sat in class thinking back to last night. As dictated by their past traditions Maria, Alex and Liz spent Alex’s last night with them eating ice-cream, watching movies, and gossiping. Liz asked for their advice on her situation.

“Well, who do you want to be with?” Maria asked as she shoved another spoonful of Rocky Road ice-cream into her mouth.

“It’s not that easy Ria.” Alex commented as he poured more syrups and toppings onto his sundae. “She wants to be with both of them, that’s the problem.”

“Well,” Maria grimaced as she rubbed her forehead trying to relieve the brain freeze that she has developed from all the cold treats she had eaten. “What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.” Liz laid back, sinking deeper into the couch. “My mind says I need to choose one or the other.”

“And your heart?” Alex asked complete concern in his eyes. He knows from experience that cheating can break someone’s heart…then again Liz and “Sam” were not exclusive. “What does your heart tell you?”

“It’s telling me not to choose.” Liz tried to explain. “That somehow…it will all work out.”

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you Liz, except that you usually follow your heart, so…” Maria trailed off and Liz just nodded her head.

Liz turned to her left and looked back two rows…she wasn’t surprised to find Max staring at her; but he quickly turned away.

Max was thinking back to his own conversation with his best friends and sister the night before. He was shocked at their different reactions to his predicament.

“I can’t believe you would do something like this Max,” Tess said and she didn’t even try to hide the outrage in her voice. “I thought you were smarter than this.”

“Tess…” Max tried to reason but Isabel easily interrupted him.

“No Max!” Isabel said in complete shock about her brother’s actions. “You should know better…someone is going to get hurt.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” Max countered. “That’s why I want to fix this. I don’t know what to do.”

“You can’t ride two horses with one ass Max.” Tess said and Max looked at her strange.

“What the hell did you just say?” Max asked confused. How did they go from talking about his problem to riding horses? Maybe Max needed this psychology class more than he knew…

“It’s an expression.” Tess said with a roll of her yes. “It means that you are only one person…you can’t be with two women at the same time.”

“Oh…I knew that.” Max said with a knowing smirk but Tess just slapped him on the back of his head. “Thanks I guess…”

“Max…who do you like more?” Isabel asked and Max shrugged.

“I don’t know…both girls are amazing. I feel like I can’t decide because I haven’t met “Suzy” in person, and I haven’t spent a lot of time with Liz.” Max explained as he rubbed his forehead.

“Well you’ve spent enough time together to feel comfortable making out with her.” Isabel added and Max threw her a glare.

“Hey Max…two women at a time? Nice going man.” Michael said as he walked into the room eating a bag of potato chips. Tess and Isabel both turned around and threw pillows at his head; neither missed. “Ouch. What did I say?”

Professor Van Nutton tried to finish his lecture for the day, but he kept loosing his train of thought because he was getting distracted. It wasn’t that unusual for this to happen, but he was normal captivated by the visual chemistry between his favorite partnership. Today was a totally different story; his partners could barely look at each other. He hoped it was nothing serious; then he had an idea.

“Liz.” Professor Van Nutton asked and he waited for her to look up at him. “What is the Triarchic Theory of Love by Steinberg?” He hoped his plan worked. Normally Liz would know every answer to any question…but he had a feeling today she would not do so well.

“Um...the triatchic Theory of Love?” Liz questioned making sure she heard the professor right and when she nodded she continued. “Well its western culture’s three requirements for a um…quality relationship. We base our relationship health on the presence of the three traits.”

“Good…and can you name the three traits and explain why they are important?” Van Nutton asked. When Liz started to stutter he knew that his plan was half-way completed…she was so focused on whatever was going on in her life that she couldn’t focus on his question.

“Yeah…um.” Liz stammered. She normally would know this…but she was so focused on Max and “Sam” that she couldn’t think. “One is Commitment….we want to know that the person we care about cares for us as well and that they are ready for a commitment.”

“Good.” Van Nutton said as he leaned against his desk and hid his smirk behind his coffee cup. “Go on.”

“Another one is….Intimacy.” Liz guessed and when Van Nutton nodded she explained. “It’s not a sexual intimacy…but an emotional one. Women need to know that the men in their lives are just as emotional there as they are…if you can’t share your emotions with the one’s you love…then there is no intimacy.”

“Very good and the last one.” Van Nutton asked and he watched as Liz’s eyes grew wide.

“Um…I…I’m sorry…I don’t remember it.” Liz winced…she never forgets anything!! This whole love triangle thing was ruining her life!

“Who wants to help Liz out?” Van Nutton asked and a few hands went up but he already knew who he was going to pick. “Max? We already have Commitment and intimacy…what’s the third one?”

“Well.” Max said as he cleared his throat and sat up a little straighter in his desk. “It’s Passion.”

“Good and why is it important.”

“Without Passion…what’s the point?” Max said shyly and a few students added their agreement. Liz turned lightly and blushed when Max met her gaze straight on for the first time in a week….they definitely had passion.

“Good…ok.” Van Nutton said and he praised himself inwardly when he saw them finally make eye contact. “Ok…that’s it for today. See you next time.”

Liz sighed as she started to put her stuff away. She felt so stupid for not remembering passion…PASSION!! How difficult was that. She turned in her seat and noticed that most of the students were already out of their seats and headed towards the doors, as soon as a group of girls moved out of the way Liz saw Max…putting his stuff away slowly.

Max had purposefully taken his time getting his things together…hoping that by the time most of the students were gone he would have built up enough courage to talk to Liz. He was drawn from his thoughts when he noticed there was no noise around him and he noticed a shadow of a figure stop in front of him; he looked up and breathed deeply when he saw her. “Hi.”

“Hi.” Liz said softly. She didn’t know how or why she had gotten up and walked to Max…but she knew she had to talk to him. “Um listen…thanks for today. You know, for saving my butt…I don’t know how I forgot about the passion.”

“The passion?” Max asked confused…why did she phrase it like that? Was she talking about the passion that they had?

“Yea…I meant that I was forgetting that the third one was passion…the passion.” Liz tried to explain…she didn’t mean to say the passion…it just popped out. “So…”

“So…” Max said as he stood up and swung his bag across his shoulder as he stared at her. His gaze was caught by movement in the front of the class and Liz followed his eyes.

Liz watched as Professor Van Nutton quickly turned away from watching them and acted like he was erasing the board. Liz sighed and turned back to Max before she spoke. “Listen…can we go some where?” Liz asked and she quickly added. “To talk.”

“Talk?” Max asked and he realized that she wanted to talk about what happened a week ago. “Right…um, sure. Let’s go.”

“So…here we are.” Liz said as she played with the straw in her drink. They had decided to go to the little café across from the campus…it was usually busy but right now there were only 3 other people there.

“Yeah…you said you wanted to talk.” Max stated as he played with his napkin. He knew she was waiting for him to start…but he wanted to at least know where she stood before he put his heart out there in the open.

“Right.” Liz breathed deep as she tried to steady her voice. “About the other night…I just want you to know….just that, I don’t do that sort of thing…actually I’ve never done that before.”

“What? Gone to a club?” Max asked confused.

“No.” Liz clarified. “I’ve never just kissed a guy that I wasn’t dating”

“Is that your way of asking me out?” Max joked and he relaxed a little when Liz chuckled. “I never do that either Liz…it was a first for me too.”

“Good.” Liz sighed with relief. “I just didn’t want you to think badly of me. That I would just go around dancing and making out with guys that aren’t my boyfriend.”

“Yea.” Max frowned at the mention of her boyfriend. “Look, if you here trying to make sure that I’m not going to tell your boyfriend you have no reason to worry…I don’t even know the guys name.”

“Huh? Max…what are you talking about?” Liz questioned with confusion written all over her face. He thought she had a boyfriend?

“The lanky brunette that you were here with the other day. You sat on his lap.” Max said and he quickly realized that he admitted he had been staring at her.

“Oh!!” Liz said as everything was clearing up. He thought that Alex was her boyfriend…because they were so close and she sat on his lap. “That was Alex.” Liz said and she smiled when she saw Max scoff at the name. “He’s my best friend…not my boyfriend.”

“What?” Max’s eyebrows quickly shot up into his hairline when he heard her revelation. “Really? I just assumed…because you were so…so touchy.”

“Sorry…he’s just my best friend. I’ve known him since grade school…so we have formed a sibling like relationship. The touchiness is just our way…means nothing.” Liz stated and she watched as Max started to blush. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah…I just feel so stupid.” Max said as he hung his head in embarrassment.

“Don’t worry about it, you didn’t know. It’s an honest mistake.” Liz said with a shrug but a thought came into her head. “Wait…did you think I would just kiss you if I had a boyfriend? That I would cheat?”

“NO!” Max assured her and he continued when Liz nodded and seemed to relax. “It’s just that…if you just wanted to say it was a moment I would understand. I wouldn’t hold it against you if you just wanted to forget it ever happened…that we just got caught up in the moment.”

“Well,” Liz said as she glanced up at Max from below her eyelashes, shyly. “What if I told you I didn’t want to forget it ever happened? What if it wasn’t just a moment for me?”

“I’d tell you the same thing.” Max said honestly as he reached over and gently took Liz’s hand. “I like you Liz.”

“I like you too.” Liz replied and she couldn’t help the huge grin that spread across her face.

“Good.” Max said as he easily matched her grin. “Can we see where this takes us?”

“Yes.” Liz said as she nodded her head profusely. She knew this was going to get complicated…but she had a really strong feeling it would all work out.

“Ok.” Max said; he watched as Liz blushed when he caressed her hand with his thumb and he couldn’t help but think everything would be ok.

Hours later Liz and Max were still talking in the café when the owner told them it was closing time.

“Oh wow…I have to go.” Liz said as she glanced at her watch and grabbed her purse. She started to stand up but when she looked into Max’s eyes…she just couldn’t leave.

“Yeah…I should go too.” Max said…but neither made a move to leave.

“Look…I’m sorry, but we are closing. We have to clean up.” The owner told the couple again. He didn’t complain that they had been there all day since they kept ordering food but he was tired and wanted to get home and he couldn’t do that until they left.

“Sorry.” Max said and he got up and helped Liz up as well. He gently took her hand and they walked out together.

“Thanks.” Liz said as she walked out the door when Max held it open for her.

“No problem.” Max responded and they both sad there staring at each other until Liz licked her lips. “Liz.”

“Hmmm.” Liz replied as she stared at Max’s lips and she took a deep breath as they started to move closer together.

Max stopped a few centimeters from Liz’s lips…letting her make the decision. Although they had kissed before…this was different and Max wanted to make sure Liz wanted it to happen as well.

Liz knew what he wanted her to do and she didn’t disappoint him. She moved in the last few centimeters and sealed their lips together. Liz sighed at the feeling of his lips on hers again…she had missed it.

Max took the opportunity to deepen the kiss when Liz sighed. He gently maneuvered his tongue into her mouth and tasted her sweet kiss. Max wanted more though, so he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

Liz quickly allowed her tongue to play with Max’s as the kiss deepened. She felt him pull her closer and she wrapped her arms around his neck; playing with the hair on the nape of his neck.

Max pulled back slightly when air became an issue and looked into Liz’s eyes. He was glad to see she was just as daze from the kiss as he was. “Wow.”

“Hmmm. You can say that again.” Liz said softly as she placed a gently kiss on his lips.

“Wow.” Max said again and Liz laughed.

“I’ve got to get home.” Liz said and she started to walk away. Max quickly caught up to her.

“Can I walk you there?” Max asked as he entwined her hand with his.

Liz glanced down and stared at their hands. His was so big compared to hers…but they fit together perfectly. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“Well…this is me.” Liz said as she stopped at an apartment complex and pointed up at the building. “Thanks Max…I had fun today.”

“So did I.” Max said as he stepped closer to her. Max raised his hand and started to caress her cheek causing Liz’s eyes to drift close. When she opened them they smiled sweetly at each other. “Can I take you out tomorrow night? On a real date?”

“Definitely.” Liz breathed and she reached into her purse and ripped up a receipt and grabbed a pen. “Here is my number…call me when you know what you want to do.”

“I will.” Max said as he took the paper and placed it in his pocket gently. “Good night Liz.”

“Night.” Liz said and she was about to turn to go into the building when Max gently grabbed her arm to stop her. “Max?”

“Sorry…I just…I…need …to...” Max said as he cradled her face in his hands and kissed her goodnight sweetly. “Sorry…I just really needed to do that.”

“It’s not a problem.” Liz said as she cleared her throat…this guy could kiss. “Ok…goodnight.”

“Bye.” Max said and he watched as Liz walked up the steps and unlocked the door before she entered the building. She turned back once and looked at him through the glass door. Liz blew him a kiss causing Max to smile before he headed off to his own apartment…with a huge smile on his face.

TBC...if there are any huge mistakes please let me know...I didn't get to send this to my beta Emz80m...so please PM if you want it changed thanks!
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.