Forgotten (CC, M/L, Mature)

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

This story was...

Great!
79%
Fine...
13%
Sometimes great, sometimes boring
8%

Total votes: 24

Erina
Forum Moderator

Forgotten (CC, M/L, Mature)

Post by Erina »

Title: Forgotten

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended. The songs are not also mine.

Pairings/Couples/Category: M/L

Rating: Mature

Summary: Post-FAAB, but starts after graduation. They have all graduated (without FBI as ‘special guests’) and Max and Liz married at the end of May. But will they have a happy ending? Max has just given up his son. Can he forget that there out somewhere is his own son? Can Liz agree to life without children, but with Max? Read and you will find out...

Author's Note: Be nice...It’s my first fic...
Also thanks to my wonderful beta Heavenli24. You are really the best!

Prologue

"Forgotten"

I'm giving up on everything
Because you messed me up
Don't know how much you
Screwed it up
You never listened
That's just too bad
Because I'm moving on
I won't forget
You were the one that was wrong
I know I need to step up and be strong
Don't patronize me

Have you forgotten
Everything that I wanted
Do you forget it now
You never got It
Do you get it now

Gotta get away
There's no point in thinking about yesterday
It's too late now
It won't ever be the same
We're so different now

I know I wanna run away
I know I wanna run away
Run away
If only I could run away
If only I could run away
Run away
I told you what i wanted I
I told you what i wanted
What I wanted
But I was forgotten
I won't be forgotten
Never Again

(By Avril Lavigne)

The sun was just rising. Sunlight tried to get into room through the window, but dark, heavy curtains were in its way. It was a beginning of a new day.

Inside the room, a young woman was sitting on the bed. She had beautiful brown eyes, but currently, they were filled with tears. Some of them were already running down her pale cheeks. Her facial expression was blank and her eyes puffy.

‘How could this have happened?’ Liz thought.

She really did not understand how her life had become such a disaster. She had been hurt by so many people. By people she loved and people that she thought loved her, but it seemed she was wrong.

Here she was in a big city – alone, without family, friends, a home or money. Besides that, she was supposed to go to college in two weeks.

She considered calling her parents, but quickly decided against it. Her father was still very angry because of her marriage and if she told her mother where she was, then her husband would also know that at a glance.

Her husband...Liz still could not believe that they were married. It was like a dream come true, but even roses have thorns. Now she did not want to even see or talk to her husband. Just the thought of seeing him made her stomach lurch. No, she did not want to see him. Not today, not ever.

That thought made her laugh. Just three months ago she had promised to be with him forever and now her marriage had fallen apart.

She and Max Evans just were not supposed to be together. They were just...different.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:25 am, edited 34 times in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 1

Two months earlier

“Honey, I am home!” Max yelled, as he opened the front door and entered the house where he and his wife lived.

His wife... Max still could not believe that Liz, his soulmate, his friend and his love had married him – alien king from another planet, who also had a son with another woman.

A son...He had a son. Son, who could not live with him, because of what he was. God, how could this have happened? Children should be with their parents, but he’d abandoned his son.

Why he had slept with Tess? He had not only hurt Liz, he had also helped to create a child. A child who could not be with his parents, because his mother was dead and being with his father meant danger.

But they all were in danger. They would never be safe. Not after everything that had happened in the last months.

He would do anything to protect his friends and most importantly – his wife.

Liz... They had married right after graduation and Mr. Parker was angry with them. Jeff still did not trust him, well maybe he never had. But things were pretty hard. Mr. Parker still did not speak to his daughter and he’d made it clear that he would not help them.

Mrs. Parker understood them better, but she also was not happy about their marriage. Mainly it was because that she had not been included in the wedding.

They had married in Vegas, at the Elvis Chapel. Some things never change, huh?

His parents pretty much accepted that fact. But he and Liz still had heard lectures about married life and that they had a long and hard road before them.

Still his parents had allowed them to live with them for almost three months. After that they would be going to Northwestern University and living together in Chicago.

Max just hoped that before that time Liz and her father would talk again. Even if Liz was not saying anything about that, Max knew how much it hurt her.

“Well, well...Is it my handsome husband, who comes home after work and expects to see a dinner made by his wife?” Liz giggled while coming towards her husband. Her husband... She liked the way it sounded.

“Huh? I am starving but not for food...” Max said in a low voice. Liz shivered at his now darker eyes and deep voice.

She enjoyed moments like these. There were just Max and Liz, husband and wife. They had gone through many problems. She had hurt him, he had hurt her, but when they were together she forgot all the pain, because now they belonged to each other and nothing could tear them apart now.

“Max!” Liz shrieked when Max eagerly attacked her neck. “Your parents will be home soon.” Liz gasped.

“Come on Liz...I have not seen you in eight hours. I have not kissed you in eight hours. I have not held you in eight hours. I even have not made love to you in eight hours.... I missed you; I am addicted to you, Liz. I just need to kiss you...please...you are so beautiful...” Max said when his lips were not glued to her neck.

Liz gave up. Max’s tongue on her skin felt too good to refuse him. Both were so wrapped up in each other that they did not even hear two people stepping into the lobby where still the two lovers passionately kissed.

Both Diane and Philip cleared their throats, but young couple did not seem to notice that.

“Max” shrieked Diane. Philip laughed when Max and Liz sprung apart and both blushed.

“Hey…Mom...Dad...How are you?” Max said nervously and uncomfortably. Damn, he was married, but being caught by his parents made him feel like he was 16 years old.

“Well, not as good as you and Liz, it seems.” Philip smirked. He was still enjoying torturing his newly married son.

“Philip! Leave those two alone.” Diane looked at Philip and continued. “Max, your father and I are going to Clovis for the weekend. We just came in for some stuff we will need. We will be out in 20 minutes and then you can do with Liz what you want” Diane said and winked at Liz, then went upstairs with Philip. The young girl blushed again.

“Oh, God...This is so embarrassing...” Liz hid her face in her hands. “After this morning and what they have seen now, they really think that we can not keep our hands off each other.”

Max grinned widely. He remembered what exactly they had done this morning before his parents knocked on his bedroom door due to the noise that bed had made.

“Oh my God! Max!” Liz shrieked again. Max eyes were darker and his look...That look made her shiver. “You just cannot think about that again, right?” When Max licked his lips and grinned more widely, Liz throw her arms in the air.” You know what? I better go and start some dinner.” Before he could do or even say anything she had already flown into the kitchen.

Max sighed and sat on the couch. ‘Maybe a good football game would take his mind off his beautiful wife,’ he thought and turned on the TV.

30 minutes later

As soon as his parents left, Max closed the door and slowly turned around to face Liz.

“Well, well, well...Where was I?” Max said as he attacked her lips again.

Liz head was literally spinning. Max was all over her. All she could feel was Max and it felt too good.

A loud ring interrupted the married couple again.

“Don’t answer,” murmured Max, nibbling her lower lip. But unfortunately for the newly married couple the caller was very patient, because the ringing did not stop.

“Max...It could be important...we need to answer it...” Liz reached to take her phone. She looked at the caller ID. “It’s Maria. Sorry, I need to answer it. I will try to make it quick.”

Max patiently waited for Liz to end her talk with Maria. But, well, who did not know Maria? Although Liz had already said ‘OK, I gotta go now’ several times, Maria being Maria kept talking.

Max kissed her neck again. He wanted Liz and he was annoyed that they just could not be together, because of the other people interrupting them.

Liz groaned “Look, Maria, I really have to go now. See you tomorrow” She said and threw her phone on the floor. “Sorry, she’s having another one of those Michael crises”

“I hate it when people interrupt us,” Max moved towards her lips again.

“Well, we’ll get interrupted almost all the time, when we have children running around the house,” Liz mumbled against Max lips.

Max froze. She said children...Children?!

She could feel him tense up.

“Max, what is wrong?”

But she knew. She’d mentioned children.

Max was still trying to get over the fact that he’d given his son away and she knew that she should not talking about her and Max’s children. It just came up and she didn’t realise what she had said until after she’d said it.

Max knew this moment will come, but they had been married only a month. ”Liz…” He tried to find his voice, but for some reason it was difficult to speak. “Come here, let’s sit down.” He led her to the couch.

When they were sitting, Liz started, “Look Max, I am so sorry…I really shouldn’t have said…”

“No Liz” Max interrupted her. “Let me speak…” Liz nodded her head.

“Liz, I once told you that we were just...different. I love you Liz, I really do, and it hurts that I can’t give you what you want. And you want children”

Liz wanted to say something, but Max placed a single finger on her lips. “Just let me finish…please. I just can’t let you be in danger, and you will be in danger if you get pregnant. We don’t know anything about FBI; they might attack us any moment if we are not careful. You cannot be pregnant Liz. We don’t know anything about a human-alien pregnancy. How long would it last? Would there be some side effects? We can’t go to a doctor, Liz. Your life would be at stake. I can’t let you die because of me. And what about a baby? What if it is an alien? Can you imagine what kind of life he or she would have to live through? I have been in the White Room; Michael was forced to kill someone. Do you want our child to have that kind of life? I had to give up my son! Do you know how hard that was? It was an unbearable pain in my heart. All my life, I will have a son, but I will not even be able to see him and get to know him.”

Liz was listening patiently to Max. She understood that Max had lost his son and he was also scared for her. “Max, I know you are scared and hurting, but...”

“There is no ‘but’ Liz,” Max said sternly.

“Max! You do not need to be scared. I know that all this human-alien pregnancy is something new, but you just cannot live all your life with those fears. And you know what? You will regret that, Max. A life without children is an unfulfilled and incomplete life. I want to know that kind of happiness.”

No!” Max almost yelled. “We cannot have children, Liz. Why can’t you just understand that?” Max was desperate.

“Well, we do not need to have our own child, there is also adoption...” Liz said softly, but Max would not change his mind. “No, Liz. Our lives are too dangerous for a child. Please understand that,” Max said. “I am so sorry Liz, I know you don’t deserve all this.” He added quietly.

“Max, I love you and I want to have a child…your child...”

“No!” Max again stated firmly. Then he said something that shocked Liz. “But I will understand if you want to divorce me and marry someone who can give you what you want.”

“Max, how can you say that? Could you even bear that? The fact that I would have a baby with another man? Do not you want our children as much as I do?”

“No, I do not want a child with you. Not now, not ever! I am tired to talk about this Liz. You will just have to deal with it” Max said. “I will sleep in Isabel’s old room. Goodnight!”

Max went to his sister’s room, leaving his shocked wife. Liz kept replaying that one phrase in her mind over and over again....

I do not want a child with you
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreamerAZ
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerAZ »

Great part!!! Come back soon!!! :D
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 2

One month later

“Honey, I’m home!” a loving husband said as he opened the front door and entered the house. Liz sighed. How she had missed those words! Now she could hear them just from TV. Why they just could not be happy? Liz wiped away a single tear and turned off TV.

She stood up and went to window. Today was Sunday and many children were outside. They jumped, ran, played, laughed...

Oh, look, the Smith’s were returning from their weekly family trip. In the past two months Liz had made friends with Mrs. Smith, Kath, so she knew that today they had gone to the lake. The Smith couple was also pretty young, they both were just 25, but they already had two children.

Would she ever have a family trip? Would she ever hear her own children laugh? Right now, she was not even sure she would have a husband. But, although things with Max were pretty hard, she knew that they had been through even worse fights. They would be just fine, Liz was sure of that. She wanted both – a husband and children, but she wanted a husband more.

She sighed again. She did not know what to do to make things between her and Max normal again. After their fight a month ago, Liz tried to talk to him, but he just avoided her. When she had found a way to talk to him, he would sometimes be calm and quiet, sometimes he had been angry and sometimes he had even snapped at her.

Liz had said that she was sorry and that she had not wanted to dig up his still fresh wounds about children. But it seemed he just had not believed her.

Sometimes she too just had enough. She was trying to make their marriage work. Why Max did not understand that? She too had snapped at him and they had some more fights during last month.

Liz went to the kitchen to make herself some dinner. Just for her. Diane and Philip were in Clovis again and she did not know where Max was.

Sadly, they were just drifting apart and Max did not seem to notice it. When he was not working with his father, he avoided her and his house at all costs. Sometimes she got up in the morning only to find that Max had already gone. He would came late at night, but when she asked where he had been, Max just answered ‘out’ and that was it.

There also had not made love in the last month. How could they, when he did not even come near her?

Max’s parents had noticed their strange behaviour. Well, everybody had noticed it. Her mother had suggested to her that maybe it would be better if they divorced. But Liz did not want it. That would be just the easy way. She wanted her marriage to work, even when she did not know where her husband was.

But today she knew where he was.

He was with Maria.

Maria and Michael had their own problems. Michael surprised Maria by proposing to her. Maria, for the first time in her life, could not speak. Michael was crushed, but his heart shattered even more, when she had said ‘no’ to his proposal after two days.

Michael had known that to Maria his proposal would be a surprise. Damn, he had even surprised himself with it. But after that little lousy Billy and Maria’s trip to New York, Michael just had wanted to make Maria as his by law. He had also seen how happy Max and Liz had been during their first month as a newly married couple. Everything was good, except Liz’s dad, but Michael did not have parents and Maria’s mom had been so happy that Michael decided to marry her daughter.

Amy, of course, had not liked Michael at first, but after Alex’s death she had understood that the young boy really loved Maria. She was glad that Michael had proposed to Maria and had not got her pregnant and then left.

But it seemed that Maria had other thoughts. She just had not been ready for that kind of commitment yet.
Strangely, Max and Maria had found a great friendship with each other at this point. It seemed that they just needed someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on.

At first, Liz could not understand why Maria had gone to Max and not her. But later she was almost happy about that, because Max was not alone and he had a person to talk to.

Oh, how she wished it had been her! But it wasn’t her and so she just dealt with it.

When Max and Maria were together Michael would come to her. He was totally crushed and didn’t know what to do. Although Liz was not the person who Maria told everything to, she had tried to comfort him and her own feelings were often given away.

The front door slowly opened as Max came inside. He was home. Home, where his wife was.

Hė felt like trash. Max had known that he was hurting Liz, but it was all like a bad dream. The only difference was that he just could not wake up.

He always had known that sooner or later Liz would be disappointed in him and she would regret her marriage. She could love him, but she couldn’t change him. He would always be different; no matter how hard he tried to be normal.

He was an alien.

As much as he wanted to have children with Liz, he just couldn’t. That would be like his dreams were coming true: Liz as his wife and their children. He wanted both – a wife and children, but a wife he wanted more. He needed Liz to be alive and healthy.

They truly did not know anything about that kind of pregnancy. Even if Tess had faked her illness during pregnancy, she was an alien. Liz was a human. They were different species. What if his child hurt her? What if she died during labour? They could not go to a doctor.

Even if they adopted a child that just would not work. A child could be used to get to him. Used by the FBI or another sick lady like Meris Wheeler.

What about his son, Zan? Would he be able to enjoy his family life with Liz and adopted child without thinking about Zan? His heart still ached. Max did not believe that this pain would just go away one day. Giving up his son was one of the hardest things he had ever done.

He did not want to lose another. It would be just better if there would never be another child to lose.

Max knew that he and Liz should talk, but every time he saw her something snapped inside him. He was just so angry with himself about who he was. He could not give Liz what she wanted, although he wanted that too.

Max watched as Liz was making dinner. God, she was so beautiful...Why did he keep hurting them both? But in the depth of his heart, he knew Liz one day would understand the horrible truth – they could not have children. But that didn’t mean she would accept it.

Liz had known that Max was watching her from the moment he had come in. She had waited for him to say something, but when he did not she turned to him.

“Hi,” Liz said.

“Hi,” Max whispered. He wanted to tell her so many things, but he just could not find the right words. “What’s for dinner?” he asked casually.

On the one hand, Liz was glad that he at least talked to her. But on the other hand she was angry. Was that all he wanted to say? Did he expect that things would just go back to normal? Like they were before? What about his snapping at her? What about his attitude towards her in the last month? Had he forgotten? Oh, Liz was becoming angry, very angry.

“Do you care?” Liz angry whispered.

Max was slightly surprised and confused about her behaviour, but he wanted to stay calm. “Well, not really, because we both know that I like everything you make,” he answered with a little grin.

Liz was shocked. Was he really acting like nothing had happened?
“Max, I think we need to talk abou – ” Liz started, but Max interrupted her.

“Please Liz, can we talk about something else? I know I had been pretty harsh with you, believe me I had not wanted to hurt you,” Max said and then added quietly, “Again”.

“But that is exactly what are you doing, Max! You are hurting me by not talking! God, Max, we are married. We need to talk about it, whether you like it or not!” Liz knew that things started to get out of control, but she could not just stop herself.

Max was becoming angry too. He had wanted to make things better, but he just could not talk about that one subject. Couldn’t she understand that?

“Liz, please. I do not want to fight with you again,” Max pleaded.

”No, Max! We will either talk about our problems or we will not talk at all!” Liz stated. What the hell she was doing? She should be glad, that he was at least trying to talk to her, but Liz knew that if they did not talk now, it would be a lot harder to make him talk later.

“Fine!” Max said and stormed out of the kitchen into his sister’s room, where he had slept all last month.

Liz was desperate. She really didn’t know what to do anymore. She decided that maybe a long walk would calm her nerves.

She quickly wrote a note for Max and went outside.

Later that night

Liz was feeling much better. She had a long talk with Michael and she had decided to not to push Max. If he did not want to talk, then she could tolerate that...At least for a while...

She went to the living room and was again shocked. The room was a mess. There were bottles of beer everywhere and dirty pizza boxes.

What the hell happened in here?

Liz turned and went to Isabel’s room. She did not need to open the door. The door was already open and she could perfectly see all room.

Liz froze.

In front of her was a scene she thought she would never see.

There were two naked bodies lying together on the bed.

One of them was Max.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 3

Max was still somewhere between his own dreamland and reality.

He had a most wonderful dream about he and Liz. She had come to him, they had talked about everything and most importantly they had forgiven each other. Then they had made love. He had never felt better. Everything would be just fine again.

Maybe, just maybe, someday he would be able to suppress his fears about children.

He felt someone stir a little in his arms. Max grinned widely. Maybe it was not dream. Max’s heart started to beat wildly in his chest. Oh god, how he wished it was not a dream.

Max slowly opened eyes and his heart froze. He held a blonde, not a brunette.

That had not happened, right? Because it just couldn’t. There just had to be some explanation; a very good explanation.

Max could not breathe. He slowly lifted her from his chest and placed her on the bed. Then he quickly stood up, dressed and went out to the living room.

Damn, the living room was a mess.

There were many bottles of beer. Had she been drunk? Had he been drunk? He could not remember much of the last night.

He had had another fight with Liz and then he had gone to Isabel’s room. Later there had been a knock at the door. He had come to open the door and then...he could not remember...

But if they both had been drunk and he had this amazing dream about making love to Liz, then maybe, just maybe, he had slept with her?

Oh God, had he really slept with her?

He had hurt her again. Max Evans had hurt his Liz again.

Liz. Where was she?

He looked at his watch. It was morning. Where was she? She had left him a note about a walk. She should be home, why wasn’t she?

Max saw that door to her room was wide open. He went inside and his heart froze again. Liz’s stuff, all her photos, journal, clothes; all of it was gone. Cupboards were left open and he could see that they were empty. Just like him.

Why she had gone? Had she seen him? No, it was horrible just to think about that she had seen them and left him....

Max mind was racing...No, no, no. This could not be happening. He just couldn’t lose her again. He could not live without her. Damn, he could not even breathe in this room, looking at the empty cabinets.

Michael. He would know about where Liz was. He knew after their fight yesterday she would probably go to Michael. Yeah, Michael would help him to find his wife.

Max had totally forgotten about blonde still sleeping in his bed.

As he had opened the front door a fist came in contact with his jaw. He stumbled a little and just then he saw who had attacked him. His eyes grew wide. First from surprise, but then he understood.

“Bastard,” Michael whispered. His eyes and face were red. Oh god, his eyes had so much hate in them. He hated him. Max could not blame him though.

“Where is she?” Max asked equally quietly. His all life was depending on Michael’s answer.

“Gone,” Michael simply answered. ”I am glad for her. She did not deserve to stay with you and take all that shit from you. She deserves better. You don’t deserve her.”

Max world literally crashed before his eyes. His legs were too weak to hold him up and he collapsed to the floor.

He knew that everything Michael had said was true. He was a shit. He did not deserve someone as beautiful as Liz.

They just were not meant to be. As simple as that...

Tears already were literally pouring from his eyes and his head was spinning. He felt sick.

“Is she still in your bed?” Michael asked.

Max nodded and Michael’s fist came in contact with his face again. But he did not feel anything. He was numb. He did not even notice that Michael was not in room with him anymore.

He just wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

But somehow he knew the nightmare was just about to begin.

The sun was just rising. Sunlight tried to get into room through the window, but dark, heavy curtains were in its way. It was a beginning of a new day.

Inside the room, a young woman was sitting on the bed. She had beautiful brown eyes, but currently, they were filled with tears. Some of them were already running down her pale cheeks. Her facial expression was blank and her eyes puffy.

‘How could this have happened?’ Liz thought.

She really did not understand how her life had become such a disaster. She had been hurt by so many people. By people she loved and people that she thought loved her, but it seemed she was wrong.

Here she was in a big city – alone, without family, friends, a home or money. Besides that, she was supposed to go to college in two weeks.

She considered calling her parents, but quickly decided against it. Her father was still very angry because of her marriage and if she told her mother where she was, then her husband would also know that at a glance.

Her husband...Liz still could not believe that they were married. It was like a dream come true, but even roses have thorns. Now she did not want to even see or talk to her husband. Just the thought of seeing him made her stomach lurch. No, she did not want to see him. Not today, not ever.

That thought made her laugh. Just three months ago she had promised to be with him forever and now her marriage had fallen apart.

She and Max Evans just were not supposed to be together. They were just...different.

For a moment she had thought she was still dreaming.

Because all what had happened just had to be a nightmare. Life could not be that cruel.

But then realization hit her: she was not home and Max was not with her. She had left him. Her dream had come to end.

How could he? Why he had slept with her?

She stood up and went to bathroom. Liz looked in a mirror. Her eyes were red and puffy, her long, brown hair was a total mess also. She was just so tired of everything.

She had left her only home two weeks ago with only determination to find a new one. She was in Boston. Boston was big enough that Max or anybody else would not find her here. But then again...When had Max looked and come for her?

She splashed her face with water. She needed to pull herself together. Liz wanted to start a new life, without Max. She would not lock herself away and cry her eyes out for him. Not anymore. She could be strong, even without him.

She decided to go to dinner. Ever since she had left her husband she had this major hunger. Liz could never eat very much before, but now...’It’s just because of stress’ she thought.

Someone knocked at the door. Liz tensed. No one knew that she was in Boston.

Slowly she walked to a door and opened it.

Next thing she felt was a hard floor and blackness that took over.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 4

Liz slowly regained consciousness. Her head was spinning and she felt dizzy.

She did not understand what had happened. Why she was in a bed? She did not remember going to sleep.

Hesitantly, she opened her eyes. The hotel room was pretty dark, because of the curtains, which covered the small window. Strange, she did not remember when she closed them, either.

‘I am just going crazy,’ she thought.

“How are you feeling?” a strange, but familiar voice asked.

‘I am definitely going crazy!” Liz again silently thought. There was no way HE could ask her a question, but then she saw him coming from the corner of her small hotel room.

Liz gasped and her world began to spin again.

“No, I am not going crazy, because I am already insane!” Liz cried aloud. He could not be here. He just could not.

“Hey, if you are not going to hug me then I will really think that!” he said, but when Liz did not move added. “I am real, Liz...Really...You don’t need to be afraid of me and you are not insane. Well maybe just a little,” he smiled.

“How...How this could be? Are you really Alex, my best friend Alex?” Liz unsurely asked.

“Yes, Liz, I am Alex, your best friend, who has missed you terribly,” he came to her and hugged.

“Oh god, Alex, I missed you too,” Liz cried. She still couldn’t believe that she was hugging Alex.

After Liz had calmed a little, she quietly said, “I want to know everything....”

Alex nodded and started his story.

“Well, for the future you should know that there are many things that you think you know and understand, but you don’t. We think we can believe our eyes and ears, but we can’t. Life is more complicated than everyone thinks.
I am good proof of that. Max thought he had seen me, touched me and tried to heal me, but that was not even me. That is why he couldn’t heal me. And I couldn’t just walk into the Crashdown and tell all you guys that I am alive. When I woke up after the accident, I did not remember what had happened. By the time we discovered that Tess was my murderer she was already gone.”

“I still don’t understand. I thought Tess killed you even before she dragged you to the car?” Liz asked.

“Aliens may have powers, but she was wrong. I was still alive, just unconscious.”

When Liz still did not understand all, he said, “I was healed by an alien.”

“What? You said Max did not heal you. How is that possible?” Liz was confused.

Alex said just one word. “Zan.”

“No, Zan is dead, Ava told me so. He died a long time ago in New York.”

“Liz, I was ‘dead’ too, but I am alive now. Why couldn’t the same thing have happened with him?”

“Well, who healed him?” Liz asked.

“No one. Ava mindwarped Lonnie and Rath and made them believe he was dead. Zan saved me. We are both alive.”

Liz thought about everything and then asked, “Why, even after Tess was gone, did you and Zan not tell anyone that you were alive?”

“Liz, like I said, there are many things that you still do not know, but you will. Soon,”

Liz gasped in surprise when she realised something. “Alex how did you find me? Do you what has happened? About Isabel, Jesse, Tess, Max’s son…” Liz stiffened at the thought of Max.

“Yeah, I know everything. Sorry about Max. He doesn’t deserve you. He never did.” When he saw that some tears had already run from her eyes he said, “Please, don’t cry. He is not worth it.”

“I don’t even know why I’m crying. Max hurt me again, but then, you are alive. My best friend, who I thought I would never see again, is standing right here in this hotel room. If I think about it, maybe these are happy, not sad tears...” Liz said with a small smile.

They just stared at each other and then Alex finally said, “Come on, pack your things, you’re coming to live with us.”

“Live with you? Where? Why? What you mean by ‘us’?” Liz was surprised and confused all at once.

“Wow, you should slow down a little,” he laughed “Well, yes you are going to live with ‘us’. The others you will meet a little bit later. They are waiting for us.”

“Ok,” Liz did not ask him anything more. She would find her answers soon. She could be patient.

She packed quickly and when they were in the car she asked, “So, where are we going?”

“We are going to my house, where you are going to live. The house is nice, I’m sure you’ll like your room.” Alex answered.

“Do you miss her?” Liz suddenly asked.

Alex immediately understood whom she was asking about.

“Sometimes...But I think this is better. She is happy with him. I wanted her to be happy. That is all that matters,” he said, somehow unsure.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Liz gently asked.

“Someday I will, but not now. Someday, I promise,” Alex answered sadly. “Well, we are already here.”

Liz immediately fell in love with the house. It was bigger than she thought, but really beautiful. “Wow...How did you get that house? It must have cost a fortune.”

“Well, we don’t have to worry about money. Remember I was a computer geek?” he asked. “I invented some stuff, some really good stuff, that can support us very long time. Don’t worry about it. Come on, they are probably waiting us.” he urged her a little.

They came to the front of the door and Alex opened it.

Liz gasped.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 5

At first she wanted to run away, but then Liz saw the difference between him and Max.

He was Zan, not Max.

Zan had no tattoos or piercings, although she’d thought he would have them. He also looked.... presentable. He wore a suit. Something she had not expected from him.

“Hey,” Zan said, “Well, you probably know who I am.” When Liz silently nodded, he said, “I think you need to know that I am not anything like Lonnie and Rath, you don’t have to be afraid of me.”

“Ok,” was all Liz said. She had this feeling that she could trust him, but it also wouldn’t hurt to be careful for a while.

Then Liz saw another girl. She could not be more than 20 years old and she was also very pretty. She had brown eyes and hair, just like Liz did.

But there was just something about her. Something Liz could really understand and it stirred up strange feelings inside her. Somehow Liz felt like she knew her, but she couldn’t figure out how.

“My name is Serena,” the girl said.

‘Serena,’ Liz thought. She remembered that Future Max had mentioned her. He had said that Serena would be her close friend. Almost immediately Liz felt that she could trust her. Serena would not fail her, she was sure of it.

“Hey,” Liz whispered.

“You can’t imagine how glad I am that you’re coming to live here! It is so good that another girl will live here too. I mean, sorry guys, but I just wanna to have a normal girl talk, what I can’t do with you guys. I know…” Serena would probably have kept babbling, but Alex interrupted her.

“Well, sorry Serena, but we still need to introduce Liz to someone,” Alex said.

Liz was surprised at first. She had not seen another person in the room, just Alex, Zan and Serena. But soon she understood why. He was stood behind her and only now came to her.

“Hey, Liz,” the unknown man said. Liz could sense his nervousness. “I’m Chris,” he told her. Liz liked him; he had brown hair and green eyes. She saw something familiar in his eyes.

That confused her a little. Today she had seen Zan also, but she felt nothing familiar towards him. And then there were two complete strangers, but she had felt like she knew them. Yeah, life had become pretty wild and confusing for her.

“Well, I think that’s enough for now,” said Alex. “Liz you must be tired. Let me show you to your room.”

Alex guided her up the stairs to her room. When he opened the door Liz gasped again.

“Oh god, Alex. How beautiful,” Liz said. The room was pretty big and had large windows. She could see a garden through them. Everything looked so clean and....light. The room immediately calmed her. She felt relaxed. But she also knew that there was something she had to talk about with Alex.

“Alex, what are Serena and Chris’ stories? Why are they here? Do they know about aliens?” Liz asked.

“Well, yeah they know everything. And when I say everything, I mean it.” Alex said and looked at Liz. She understood what ‘everything’ he was talking about. They knew about Max. How he had cheated on her. But Liz did not feel shame about that. It was his mistake, his action, not hers.

“Serena was Zan’s only human friend for a long time. One day she cut her finger and Zan thought it was time to trust someone and he knew he could trust her. So he healed her...” Alex explained.

“And what about Chris?”

“He is Serena’s best friend and now Zan’s friend too. He knows about aliens, we don’t need to worry about him.” Alex said.

Still, there was something on Liz mind that she knew she had to ask.

“Alex, do you know a good lawyer?” she asked hesitantly. Never in her life she had thought she would divorce Max Evans.

“You want a divorce, right?” Alex asked and Liz nodded. “Yeah, I have a good lawyer. We can go to him whenever you want.” Alex said.

“Can we go today?” Liz asked. This was just something she wanted to be done.

“Are you sure?” Alex asked her.

“Yeah, there is no way back.” Liz said sadly.

“Ok.” was all he said before going out the room.

Liz sighed. She just hoped she was doing the right thing.

The trip to see the lawyer had gone pretty well. Max would get divorce papers soon. Liz was really sad about it. She loved him, but she couldn’t forgive him. It was just too much. He had hurt her too many times.

They had not been able to have a happy ending. It looked like ‘they lived happily ever after’ was not meant for her. He had slept with another woman. She felt betrayed and sick. Literally sick.

Liz head was spinning again and she felt really bad. Liz felt too weak to even walk, so she collapsed on the floor. Next thing she remembered was blackness.

“Liz, Liz,” she heard someone calling for her. The voice was quiet and comforting. She felt herself calming a little.

“Liz, come on, wake up,” the voice again called. She slowly opened her eyes.

At first she did not even understand where was she or who the man standing over her was. But then all of the day’s events came to her.

She was not in Roswell with Max anymore, but in Boston with Alex and Chris.

“What happened?” Liz asked, “Why I am in bed?”

“You fainted,” Chris answered and then added, “But don’t worry, babies are fine.”

Liz thought about what he had said. She fainted. Ok, that she could understand. Then he said her to not to worry, and something about babies being fine...What???

“Babies? What babies?” Liz asked.

“Well, after you fainted Zan scanned you to see the cause of it. Apparently, he found two.” Chris grinned.

“Wait a minute!” Liz exclaimed. “What are you talking about?” She couldn’t be pregnant; it was just impossible. She and Max always had used protection.

“You’re pregnant!” Chris told her happily.

“No I’m not!” Liz protested.

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I’m n...” Liz started, but Chris cut her off.

“You are, believe me. If you still do not believe me you can see it for yourself.” he told her.

“What? How I can ‘see’ it?” Liz was confused.

Chris did not answer her, instead he took her hand and placed it over her belly, “Feel” he quietly told her and Liz did.

At first she felt like flying through stars. Then she really ‘saw’ them. Her babies. Liz saw their little bodies, heard their heartbeats and felt their emotions.

She felt tears in her eyes. Could it really be? Yeah, it could. She was pregnant. Liz Parker was pregnant with Max Evans’ twins: a baby boy and a baby girl.

Max had not wanted her babies. He had made that clear and then slept with another woman. But he needed to know that he would be a father soon, Liz was sure of that.

“I need to go to Roswell,” Liz said aloud.

“You can’t,” she heard Alex’s voice from the doorway.

“Alex, he has a right to know!” Liz exclaimed.

“Liz you can’t go to Roswell,” Alex paused, “Because if you do there will be a high possibility that your babies...”

“What?” Liz impatiently asked.

“If Max knows about them, your babies could die.”
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 6

“What the hell are you talking about?” Liz almost yelled. Inside she was trembling. She was angry, confused and scared.

“Liz,”Alex began, “Max has enemies; strong and powerful enemies. And let’s not even mention Kivar, who is still haunting him.” Alex paused and continued, “Baby Zan is 100% human, Kivar could not use him. But we do not know about your children. They may be humans or hybrids as well. We will not know this for sure until they are born. If they are hybrids we will have to protect them for Kivar until they are strong enough to protect themselves. The fewer people that know about them, the better. Kivar can look into minds and get all information he need. If Max knows, that means Isabel knows, Maria knows, Michael knows, Max’s parents know and so on. Too many people would know, Liz. I am sorry, but you cannot tell him. Here, we are much stronger than they are in Roswell.” Alex explained.

“What?” Liz was confused; “Zan is the only alien here, right? How can you guys be much stronger just with one?” she asked.

“Well, Serena and I we have some powers too.” Alex replied. “We were healed by an alien, just like you and you have powers. We will just need to teach you how to use them properly. Then you will be very strong as well.”

“When I will be able to tell Max about his children?” Liz asked.

“When Kivar is dead,” Alex answered.

“What,” Liz gasped. “You can’t be serious, right? Kivar is on another planet!!! I will have to wait an eternity!” Liz cried.

“No, Liz, Kivar is closer than we think. Lucky for us, we have an information source, so we know every his move.” Alex told her.

“Who is it?” Liz asked.

“Nicholas,” Alex answered, “We know we can trust him, he will not betray us.”

“How can you be so sure about him?”

“Everything he had said about Kivar actions was true. Even what had happened last week...”

“What?”

“We still not know for sure why, but Kivar wanted to kill baby Zan. Maybe he just wanted to make Max suffer more, maybe he was afraid that little boy still could develop some powers...We do not know, but the fact is, Nicholas told us, so we were able to prevent it.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Zan is living here with us, you just have not seen him yet,” Alex explained to a now very shocked Liz.

Baby Zan was here. Max’s son was living in the same house as she. She was going to see Max’s and Tess’ son everyday. Could she do that?

“I want to see him,” Liz said aloud.

“Are you sure?” Chris softly whispered at her.

“Yeah, I am sure,” she answered.

“Alex, can I show Liz his room?” Chris asked Alex.

“Yeah, sure,” he replied.

“Come on,” Chris said and took her hand in his. She was a little surprised at first, but then she calmed. Liz could not understand it yet, but everything about him, calmed her.

“We re-named him Zack,” he told her, while leading her to Zack’s room. “He didn’t like it much, when Serena often suggested that Zan needed to change his diaper.” Chris told her with a smile.

Liz could not resist smiling back at him. She liked being around him.

Chris opened the door and lead her inside. Liz saw something that took her breath away. Little Zack was sleeping and looked so peaceful, innocent and just beautiful. She just felt in love with little boy.

Zack is her children’s big brother. Half-brother perhaps, but still their brother.

Liz sighed. What was she going to do? She was barely 19 and pregnant with two kids. She was just out of high school. She did not have a job and she had little money.

“What are you thinking about?” asked Chris.

“ I just have realized that I am pregnant with twins and I am just 19,” she cried.

She was surprised when Chris pulled her into his arms and hugged her, “Don’t worry, Liz. We will all protect and help you. You are not going to do this alone, I swear. All you have to do is relax.”

“But, Chris, it’s just not that easy. How can I sit here and do nothing?” Liz asked.

“Liz, we have enough money, so you do not need to worry about it. You just need to let us protect you. That is all we want.”

“Fine.” She felt that he was stubborn, so she did not fight about it anymore.

Could her life get any more complicated?

Three months later

Liz looked at herself in the mirror. She was 4 months pregnant and she was already showing.

The last three months had been good to her. Alex, Serena, Zan and Chris were her family. She felt happy...almost.

She missed him. Liz knew that she was still in love with him, but he had hurt her too deep. Max had not even looked for her. Isabel had not dreamwalked her. Nothing.

And today...Today she had received her divorce papers.

Max had signed them.

Liz sighed. What had she expected? That he wouldn’t divorce her, but instead would find her, take her into his arms and tell her that everything would be ok? That everything that had happened was just a nightmare?

Zack moved in his sleep. Liz loved him so much. In the last three months she was the one that had taken care of him and Liz loved every minute.

When she was not with Zack she spent her time with Serena or Chris. Serena had become her new best friend. Liz just felt so easy with her, she could tell her everything.

Serena was always smiling, she was always happy, it seemed that nothing bothered her. That was the only thing that Liz had worried about her.

To her it seemed that Serena had some problems, because, although she always was so happy, Liz noticed sadness and something else in her eyes, but when she tried to talk it, Serena had told her that everything was alright.

And Chris...Her feelings towards him totally confused her. He was like her very best friend. They understood each other even without any words. She felt like something pulled her to him, but she could not really say what.

Yesterday he told her that he loved her.

Liz knew she did not love him, she didn’t want to kiss him or spent her life with him, but there was something about him…

She had not said anything to him yesterday, but just left him standing in his room. Liz knew she needed to talk to him and explain her feelings. And that was exactly she intended to do now.

She called Serena, so she would stay with Zack, and went to kitchen, where Chris was.

She entered the kitchen and saw what Chris was doing.

Liz gasped.

Chris was cleaning the counter with just the wave of his hand. He stopped and looked at Liz.

“Who are you?” Liz whispered.

“I’m Max’s son,” came his reply.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 7

“Excuse me? You’re what?” Liz asked totally shocked.

“I am an alien, Liz.” Chris told her quietly, “I’m also from Antar.”

“How can be this possible? Only two sets of pods and their protectors were sent here.” Liz told him.

“I was sent then too.” he explained, “I was in the same cave all the time, just deeper. When I came out, everybody had already gone. After that I was found by nice couple from Clovis, who adopted me.”

“How does it explain that you are Max’s son?”

“On Antar my parents were Zan and Ava, so basically like Isabel is Max’s sister, I am his son. Genetically.”

“Oh god,” Liz said. “Why did you never come to Roswell to tell us that?” she asked.

“Unlike the others, I have my memories about Antar,” he said. “Let’s just say that my father is not my most favourite person.”

“What do you mean?”

“I hated him,” he said bluntly. “He was not the kind of father that I needed. I know that Max is different than he was, but I cannot just block all of my memories, my pain and my grief. Besides he and I are the same age. I can be his son in some weird way, but I will never consider him to be my father,” Chris explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner? Do the others know?” Liz asked him.

“Yeah, everybody knows. I just did not want you to pull away from me, before you even got a chance to know me. And I did want to give you that chance. I love you, Liz.”

“Oh god, a father and a son in love with me,” she mumbled quietly, “This can not be happening to me, it just can’t.”

“Liz, I know that you are confused and maybe even scared, but ... I will not hurt you. Ever,” he said and came closer to her.

Liz gulped. She did not want to be near him. Before she had been feeling calm, but now in his presence, she felt uneasy. “I ...I need to see what Zack is doing. Sorry,” Liz quickly said and rushed to her room.

She was seeing everything very clearly now. Those feelings she had felt for Chris were because of his father. That explained why he seemed familiar to her.

This newfound information about Chris’ parents had made her sad and guilty. She was sad, because she and Chris would never again be the kind of friends they used to. His words were still repeating in her head: that he is Max’s son. He might be Zan’s son, but he was also Max’s.

Guilty...Maybe she had done something to make Chris fall in love with her? She did not want him to be in love with her. Maybe it was something about genetics? Like father, like son.

She came into her room and saw Serena holding Zack.

“Hey,” Serena whispered.

“Hey. How was he?” Liz asked while taking Zack in her arms.

“He just woke up. So, how did your talk with Chris go?” Serena asked.

“Well, he had told me something that I think you already know,” Liz said and sat on the bed.

“He told you?” Serena asked and when Liz nodded continued, “Finally! You do not know how hard was it for me to keep that from you for all that time.”

“Yeah, he told me,” Liz whispered quietly.

“How are you feeling about this?”

“Confused. Maybe even sad and angry...I don’t know what to think right now. Everything is so confusing and unclear. I mean, just some months ago I was happily married to my love and now...He has cheated on me. I found out that Alex and Zan are alive, I am pregnant with twins and nursing Max’s and Tess’s son and his other son tells me that he loves me...Urghhh, is this like a soap opera or what?? Maybe I just need to find my long lost sister and my life literally will be some television show,” Liz sighed.

“Ok, I got you. I know that it is hard to accept, but you have to. Remember, I am here too. If you need me I will help and support you,” Serena hugged Liz.

“Thanks, I appreciate it,” Liz said.

When Serena had gone, Liz thought about Chris. Maybe she was right. Chris was her friend. Nothing about that had changed. He was the same person she had known these past months.

Maybe everything would be alright...

Four months later

Liz laughed at Zack, who was playing with his favourite toy. With every passing day she found more and more similarities to Max.

Liz sighed. What would her children look like? Would her son have his father’s eyes? Would her daughter have her mother’s hair?

She would find out soon. Liz had felt last night that they would be here with her, soon. She just couldn’t wait to really see them.

“Mama,” said little Zack and Liz turned all her attention back at him. He called her mother. She liked the way it sounded.
She had not expected that Zack would call her mother, but she did not mind. She was happy and had even cried when he called her that. Never in her life she had thought that Max’s son would call her mother and Max had not even been here. But his other son had.

There had been another surprise during the last months, when Zack had called Chris Dad. Liz had thought that Zack would call Zan Dad, but it did not happen.

Zack was considering her and Chris as his parents.

Suddenly she felt weird. Liz knew that something in her body was changing, but she couldn’t figure out what. She could not be in labour; she did not feel any pain or discomfort.

“Chris!! Serena!!” she called them. They were the only ones in the house, besides her and Zack. Alex and Zan had gone to the summit meeting with Nicholas.

“What? Are you alright?” Chris asked as he rushed to her side. They were friends again. At first it was very bizarre to Liz, but she could push her feelings away, because she needed this friendship too.

For a moment, Liz could not understand what was happening to her body, but then it hit her. She just knew.

“The babies are coming,” she whispered.

“Are you sure? You do not seem to be in pain…” asked Serena, who supposed to deliver the babies.

“I know that I don’t have pain, but yeah...I’m pretty sure...They will be here soon,” Liz answered.

“Ok, Chris help Liz to lay down, I will be right back,” said Serena.

Chris gently helped Liz and asked, “Are you scared?”

“No, I’m not. I just really can’t wait to see them.” Liz said and smiled. She really could not wait to see and hold them.

Liz did not have to wait. After some 30 minutes she was already holding them in her arms. ‘They are perfect,’ thought Liz just at a moment when her baby girl yawned.

Liz during labour did not feel any pain. It had looked like the twins healed her and helped her to deliver them into the world.

That fact did not leave a place for doubt. Her children were aliens and her son was an heir to the throne of Antar.

Later that night Alex and Zan had come back from the summit.

“Hey, how are you?” Alex asked Liz while taking the tiny baby girl in his arms.

“I am fine, really. I bet you have already heard about my painless labour?” Liz asked.

“Yeah, I must you congratulate.” he said while looking at her children, “So, what will you name them?”

“Well, the girl is Claudia Elizabeth Parker and the boy is Alexander Maxwell Parker.” Liz replied.

Alex had tears in his eyes, “Thank you, Liz. You don’t know what that means to me.” he said and then asked, “Are you really okay? No pain, no discomfort, nothing?”

“Yeah, Alex, don’t worry, I am fine.”

“Then come on. There is something we need to discuss.” Alex said and led her to the living room, Claudia in his arms and Xander in Liz’s.

When everyone was in living room, Alex started, “Tonight in New York was another summit. Max was there too. And he is not the king of Antar anymore. He just refused and resigned.”

Liz tensed up. She had known that Max did not want to be a King, but still he had cared about his people, his planet. And now...Max just had given up.

“How does that affect us?” asked Chris.

“Well, I must say, that affects just Liz and Xander...” Alex replied.

Liz got scared. “What?”

“Max was King, now his son is the new King. Your son, Xander....”

Liz knew what that meant. Kivar would do anything to kill him. That thought scared her to death. Now she understood why Max had not wanted kids...Just to prevent moments like these.

“Kivar will be after him, right?” Liz asked and Alex nodded, “What I have to do to prevent that?”

“There is one option, but I don’t know if you will accept it...” Alex trailed off.

“What? What I have to do?” Liz impatiently asked.

“You have to marry me,” man’s voice said.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 8

Liz stood there silently; she was too shocked to speak.

“What?” asked Serena.

“Liz and the children will be much safer if she marry me,” Chris explained calmly.

Liz looked at Alex and Zan. They did not look shocked, more like they had expected this. So whatever Chris was talking about was more or less true and they had known about it.

Then Liz turned to Serena. For some reason, Liz saw more anger than puzzlement in her. Again Liz thought that she needed to talk with her.

Chris looked very calm, much too calm for Liz’s liking... How could he just stand there and tell everyone that they needed to marry?

“Explain,” Liz whispered.

“Liz, you already know that Max had given up his throne, so that means that his son is going to become King. Basically, your son right now is the King, whether he wants that or not. But what you don’t know is that you are also the Queen,” Alex explained.

“What?! No! I can’t be the Queen. Tess was,” Liz cried.

“Exactly. Was...She is dead, but you have given birth to the heir. Both those things make you the Queen,” Zan told her.

“Ok, but how that does explain that Liz has to marry Chris,” asked a very angry and impatient Serena.

“First, I would like to correct Chris a little bit,” Alex said, “You don’t have to marry him, Liz.” he told them all.

Liz already sighed in relief, when Alex continued.
“It would be good if you bond with him,”

“What? You can’t be serious, right?” asked Serena, “You know what that means. And I don’t believe that Liz will do it.”

“Ok, you know what? I’m sick of this. Can anyone explain to me what the hell is going on here?” Liz said, her voice rising.

“We will, Liz. Or maybe it would be better if I just talk with you,” Chris looked at Alex, Zan and Serena, “Could you please leave us to talk alone?” he asked.

When everyone nodded, Liz gave Xander to Serena, and they all went out.

Liz was becoming very impatient, “Come on, Chris, tell me what is going on?” she asked.

“Liz, first I want you to know that I love you and I will never hurt you or make you do something that you don’t want to. You know that, right?”

Liz just nodded and Chris continued.

“All my life, although my father wasn’t my favourite person, I wanted to become King. To be like him. My father. Perhaps he wasn’t the best father in the world, but he was a great and powerful King; he was my hero. I hated him, but still loved him. He never had time for me, or even for my mother. He was a King, he had his duties, his obligations to his people, which he needed to fulfil, but he never thought about his obligations towards my mother and I. But I wanted to become like him. I wanted and I still want to be a King,”

Liz gasped. She had never heard him talking about Antar and his father with so much emotion.

“You can help me to become a King. And I am able to give protection to you and your children,” Chris told her and came closer to her.

“How?” Liz asked and took a step back from Chris. She saw hurt in his eyes, but she needed to know.

“If we bond, I will become King, because you are the Queen. Whoever you marry will become the new King of Antar. And...I want to be the one, Liz,” he said, “Kivar would still go after Xander and Zack, but I would be the main target. Besides, we plan to defeat him...If I become a King, I would be stronger and more powerful. Then all together we would able to kill Kivar someday,” he explained.

Liz understood. She really did. ‘My sons would never be safe if Kivar is alive,” she thought and was a little surprised that she had referred to Zack as her son, even in her thoughts.

Liz also knew that she could marry someone else, although Chris hadn’t mentioned that. Liz knew she could marry Zan, but even one thought about that was too creepy – he was Max’s dupe. But then again...Chris was Max’s son.

Never in her wildest dreams she had thought that someday she would even think about marrying Max’s son...But now she was thinking about it.

Liz knew that Chris would not lie to her, she trusted him completely. Although he wanted to be a King, his concern about her and her children was first and she knew that would never change.

He would do anything to protect her and the children. She was certain about that.

Finally she knew exactly what she needed to do.

“Fine,” she said.

“What?” Chris looked confused.

“Fine, Chris, I will marry or bond with you...” she whispered and was a little surprised when Chris ran to her and hugged her.

“Thank you, thank you, Liz...You don’t know how much this means to me,” he whispered into her ear.

After some time they pulled apart.

“What do I have to do?” she asked.

“We need to bond. It is like marriage, but just in Antarian way,” Chris told her.

“Will we need to marry?”

“No, we don’t have to, if you don’t want to,” Chris said and again Liz could see pain in his eyes.

“But there are some things, that you need to know,” he said and then continued, “If we bond, that will mean ‘til death parts us’. We won’t be able to divorce or break the bond. Later you would be able to live with or even marry someone else, but some part of you would still be with me, like you will have some part of me...Until one of us dies,” he finished.

Liz listened carefully. She understood that she would have to stay with him forever...But she did not care about it. Max was the only one she loved and he had cheated on her.

“When can we bond?” Liz asked.

“Huh? You agree?” Chris asked and, when she nodded continued, “Are you sure? I don’t want you to regret it later,” he asked.

“Yes, Chris, I’m sure,” Liz replied.

“Zan can bond us, he has the royal blood. We can bond whenever you want,” Chris said.

“What does this ‘bonding’ mean?” Liz asked.

“Zan will join our souls, using his powers,”

That was big to Liz. Joining souls...That was very serious. She had thought that she would share something like that with Max, not Chris. But then again, she would never be with Max again.

“Can we do this today?” she asked, “I don’t want postpone it. I need to know that the boys are at least a little safer,” she explained when saw her surprised expression.

He just nodded and called the other back in the room.

“She has agreed,” Chris said.

“What? You can’t be serious Liz!” Serena exclaimed, “Are you sure?”

“Yes, Serena, I am,” Liz said, “Zan, I want you to bond us today, well now, actually. Can you do that?”

“Yeah, no problem. You just need to come to me and join hands,” he instructed.

Liz looked at Chris again. She saw love. And she was sure....

She gave Chris her hand and they went towards Zan.

When they were standing in front of him, Zan placed his hands on their heads and Liz felt energy flow through her.

The bonding took just a few minutes. Liz was surprised when Zan took his hands away and told them that the bonding was complete.

She didn’t feel strange or different. Except when she concentrated she could feel Chris. Just like some time ago she could with Max...But they never needed the bonding. They were one without it.

Liz sighed.

Max was her past.

Her children and Chris were her future.
Last edited by Erina on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.