ROSWELL MOVIE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Are you going to participate?

yes
41%
no
44%
not sure
15%

Total votes: 34

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Chrisken wrote:
Kzinti_Killer wrote: But a movie that accepts canon as it was at the end of season three, and tries to build on it is little more than an attempt to revive a corpse that died in an ugly messy fashion..."Night of the Living Dead"-style. I repeat, no thanks.

Rick
Hmmm... now I have an image of zombie Alex chasing Jesse down the dark streets of Roswell and trying to eat his brains...

not sure whether to thank you sarcastically or seriously for that notion. :lol:
I must say, that's definitely one movie I'd pay to see. LOL.

I can see it now..... haha.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

I'm the complete opposite. I don't think I would really want to watch a Roswell movie where S3 never happened. It happened. It sucked. Almost everyone hated it. I know a lot of people have expressed the thought that they should've made it all a dream. Personally, I think that's cheating the audience. You invest all this time and emotion into plot lines you hate to find out it's one big dream. You can do that for a show or two. Not two seasons.
<center>Image</center>
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

Lorastar wrote:I'm the complete opposite. I don't think I would really want to watch a Roswell movie where S3 never happened. It happened. It sucked. Almost everyone hated it. I know a lot of people have expressed the thought that they should've made it all a dream. Personally, I think that's cheating the audience. You invest all this time and emotion into plot lines you hate to find out it's one big dream. You can do that for a show or two. Not two seasons.

I completly agree. That would be cheating everyone. Not just the audience, but the actors and creaters and writers of the show. granted some people may not have liked how 3rd season happened, but it did and you cant just make it all go away by way of a dream. plus would anyone really want to go back to where m/l arn't married and have it be same as ever, them being kids. I know I don't. I would like to see a movie, but where they are adults and to see where they ended up. I think thats what the show and fans deserve. closure. give us that and i think everything would be a lot better. okay now that i have put my two cents in i am going to go. (please dont throw things :lol: )

<3 tay
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"

Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Lorastar wrote:I'm the complete opposite. I don't think I would really want to watch a Roswell movie where S3 never happened. It happened. It sucked. Almost everyone hated it. I know a lot of people have expressed the thought that they should've made it all a dream. Personally, I think that's cheating the audience. You invest all this time and emotion into plot lines you hate to find out it's one big dream. You can do that for a show or two. Not two seasons.
Sad but true :!:

Maxssoulmate wrote: granted some people may not have liked how 3rd season happened, but it did and you cant just make it all go away by way of a dream. plus would anyone really want to go back to where m/l arn't married and have it be same as ever, them being kids. I know I don't. I would like to see a movie, but where they are adults and to see where they ended up. I think thats what the show and fans deserve. closure. give us that and i think everything would be a lot better. okay now that i have put my two cents in i am going to go. (please dont throw things )

<3 tay
I would love to have closure.
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I stand by mine. The audience was cheated *because* the third season happened. Making it unhappen would be setting that to rights. *shrugs*

Any movie that can't meet that minimum requirement doesn't get my money. And I don't trust TPTB to deliver in any case, so no more mailing in Tabasco for this fella.

Laters,
Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by suicide_eagle_rath »

Well as usual, I am late to the party and missed the May 7th deadline, I would had participated if nothing else to show Roswell is still alive in the hearts and minds of people worldwide.

As for a movie, (my two-cents worth) I can only see two options at this point in time:

The first being a remake of Roswell in the future (10 plus years) with a new set of actors, circumstances, endings, etc. Hopefully, a screen writer(s) would be able to produce a fairly logical, complete, and effectively productive script. Fingers are cross for the impute of directors etc to do a quality piece. A quick note on the comment concerning gender bending in reference to Starbuck, I agree, please no, I beg the fates, please no, do not make Max or Michael into Maxine or Michelle.

The second choice would technically a prequel of Roswell dealing with Antar, the takeover by Kivar and their destruction and recreation. Of course again a new set of actors, scrip, etc would be required as well as a heavier sci-fi base.

Moreover, although I would love to see our famous Roswell actors revise their roles with a firm foundation of a script, I believe the obstacles are insurmountable; however there is always that glimmer of hope.

In the meantime, we will just have to suffice with our meager human imaginations creating scenes in our minds based on the various fictional selections that Roswell fan fiction has been graced with.

s_e_r
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

:( :roll:

Excuse me, I keep hearing stuff against having the original cast reprise
their roles. Yes, I understand that they can't go back to play teens because they've aged (so have we :lol: ). Believe me I don't want that.
I would love to see them doing a movie based ten or so years into the future :idea:
That can be done :!: To all that might find what I'm expressing offensive, forgive my indulgence. I want to find out what happened after Graduation. Did they have kids, are M/M still together, did K/I get together or did she find her way back to Jesse. To me a movie with anyone other than the original cast is unacceptable unless you wanna make a prequel or, dwell on the Antar aspect or focus on the new generation of the show such as Baby Zan growing up or the children that the roswell gang might of had. I had to add my two cents.
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

I can't see a whole new cast. i loved the one we had, and don't want to see new people somewhere down the line. I highly doubt I would watch it. The best thing about the show was not the plot or stories, although it was nice in the beginning, it was the chemistry between the actors, primarily Shiri and Jason.
<center>Image</center>
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Lorastar wrote: The best thing about the show was the chemistry between the actors, primarily Shiri and Jason.

Amen :!: :idea:
By French Dreamer

Coming Soon!
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

Lorastar wrote:I can't see a whole new cast. i loved the one we had, and don't want to see new people somewhere down the line. I highly doubt I would watch it. The best thing about the show was not the plot or stories, although it was nice in the beginning, it was the chemistry between the actors, primarily Shiri and Jason.

I completly agree.
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"