More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Roslover39 - there are a few places you can use. StockXchange usually has the best stock photos, but Getty Images isn't too bad as long as you don't mind water marked pictures. If you use stock xchange, you can register for free and download the large versions of the pics.

Other than that, go to Google and search through google images.

Hope it helps.

Ki-ki
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Thanks Lizard_Queen :D
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Hello, Hello...back with another question.

Where can I find some fonts for my PS7? I can find brushes but not fonts for some odd reason. lol

Thanks. :D
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

you can find fonts at

http://www.1001fonts.com/

<3 Jessika
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Thank you! :D
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Hello!

I am back again, lol. I was wondering what gradients are and textures?

I saw that someone made a banner and it said they used those two things. Just wondering. Thanks very much. :D :oops:
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

A gradient is certain colours that blend together and that you can drag over and image and set a certain way to colour the picture. e.g. the avatar i'm using at the moment, when i made it the picture i had was black and white, so i used a dark blue gradient that went into light blue and put it over the top, then set it a certain way to make it seem blue.

You can make your own and use them in photoshop or paint shop pro. If you use Photoshop, hold down the little black arrow on paint can button in the toolbar and another option should appear to the side of it. If you click on that you can use gradients and change them in the options toolbar at the top. I'm not sure where it is in psp.

A texture is different. They're usually made out of stock pictures, like pictures of paper or exposure from a camera, and you put them over the top of a picture to enhance it. If you want to make an image look grainy, you can find a grainy looking texture and set it to multiply over an image to give it a more used effect. Or you can use a light texture set on screen or lighten to make it look like a burst of light is escaping from the image. You can use a crumpled bit of paper over an image to make the picture look like it was from a book, etc.

Gradients are usually harder to find, but i know that Photoshop already has some default ones in it and you can make your own, but textures are easy to find if you look on art sites that have brushes. They usually have textures as well.

I hope that helped and made sense.

Ki-ki
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Thank you Kris that made total sense. I get it now. lol. :D
RosSlayville
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RosSlayville »

Question? Whats the best photo editor 2 use? With alot of effects.
Djinn
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

Post by Djinn »

Yeah, only just started screwing around with gradient maps the other day, I still haven't got the hang of it, I'm more of the "manual" type of photochopper anyway. :roll:
<center>

</center>