To Give Her Up - CC M/L MATURE [COMPLETE]

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

To Give Her Up - CC M/L MATURE [COMPLETE]

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Title: To Give Her Up
Author: Crashdown_51
E-Mail: Torch_jo@yahoo.com
Rating: MATURE
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Roswell characters.
Summary: What happens if instead of the gang leaving Roswell in "Graduation", they find a way to send someone back in time to change the past?

Prologe

Song: I Will Love You by Fisher

‘No, no, Max. I can’t.’

‘Liz, you have to. Everyone will die if you don’t go back. You have to change this. For us.’

‘Max, if I’m successful, and this works, you and I won’t exist…not like we do now...and you’ll be with Tess.’

‘Tess and I will never be. Not in this timeline…not in any timeline…no matter what, I’ll always be connected to you.’

‘I love you.’

‘Thank you, Liz.’

‘For what?’

‘For every kiss. Every smile.’

‘Max, I don’t have any regrets…Good-bye.’

‘Good-bye Liz.’

’til my body is dust
’til my soul is no more
I will love you, love you
’til the sun starts to cry
And the moon turns to rust
I will love you, love you

But I need to know - will you stay for all
Time...forever and a day
Then I’ll give my heart ’til the end of all
Time...forever and a day

’til the storms fill my eyes
And we touch the last time
I will love you, love you...

Chapter 1

Max’s Room

September 22nd, 1999 - 11:18 P.M.

‘Sorry!’ Max gasped as he sat up, startled from his dream. It had been the fifth night Max dreamt of Liz Parker, a tiny local brunette girl that went to school with him and worked at The Crashdown, that he went to every day to just catch a glimpse of her in her everyday activities. The dream had become more detailed in the repetitions, the smell of the waxed school floors, the soundtrack sounds of fellow classmates laughing and talking, and the feel of his book bag strapped that he gripped on to nervously as he walked passed Liz while she chatted with her best friend Maria DeLuca and acquaintances, while she hugged her physics book and notebook, as she giggled. Every night the dream got longer, tonight his dream ended with him running into a teacher and making all her paperwork scatter on the floor. He couldn’t believe it, even in his dreams he didn’t have the guts to approach her. Some alien he turned out to be. “Maybe in another seven years you’ll have the guts, Max.” Max declared to himself in disappointment.

“Max.” A small voice called out. Max grabbed his bat that was propped up by his nightstand and leaned to turn on his lamp when a faint blue glow came from the corner of his room.

“Who are you?” Max questioned firmly, still holding his hand over the butt of his bat.

“It’s me…Liz.” Liz announced as she stepped closer. Max’s eyes widen at the impossible sight. She looked more mature than she did yesterday and her body was more shapely as well. The Liz he knew was preppy and dressed the part, but this Liz was screaming that she was a female with a black cami and some cargo pants that flaunted her hips.

“What the hell is going on here?” Max said stumbling to his feet, having the twin size bed separate the two of them throwing one of his charges to her, but instead of it hitting her, Liz lifted her hand and forced the charge to go the opposite direction and out the window. “What…are you?” Max asked in shock.

“Max, I’m your girlfriend from the future.” Liz informed him seeing his eyes widen more. “Max, calm down. I’m not going to hurt you.” Liz assured him holding her hands up.

“My girlfriend?” Max repeated in disbelief. “I’ve barely said two words to you and I’m suppose to believe that you’re my girlfriend and from the future?”

“Okay, so it sounds irrational when you say it like that, but it’s true.” Liz said sitting down on the floor where she was standing at so he stop considering her a threat.

“Liz is human.” Max added.

“I still am, I’m just different…you made me this way.” Liz answered.

“How?” Max asked confused climbing on his bed and sitting to hear her explanation without passing out.

“Tomorrow, two men…idiots…are going to have an argument at the Crashdown during my shift. One of them pulls a gun and I get shot in the stomach.” Liz took a breath to look at Max’s reaction, seeing a combination of worry and fear spread on his face. “It’s okay, because you were there with Michael and you risk exposing who you really are just to heal me.” Liz explained.

“Why are you telling me this?” Max asked.

“Because the day you saved my life is the day that your normal life ended. Saving me was the cause of this horrible chain reaction. Bad things happen. The FBI send alien hunters after us, you get captured and taken to a white room where they have you as a lab rat. Tess, the fourth to complete your four-square, betrays us and kills Alex and gets pregnant with your baby before she takes the Granilith back to Antar.” Liz explained as she hugged her knees as she recalled the horrible events.

“All this happens…just because I save you?” Max asked confused, seeing Liz bite her lower lip and nod her head sadly.

“That’s why I came back…to stop you from saving my life.” Liz declares boldly.

So what do you guys think? Continue? Yes? No? Maybe?
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:16 am, edited 16 times in total.
<center>Image
***Click on banner to get to my author's page***</center>
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Thanks for the feedback Icequeen, Roswell Dreamer, Angel Eyes, and Jason's Lover. Sorry it took so long for the second chapter. It was raining horribly here and I had no choice but to shut down my computer. :cry:

Chapter 2

Quotes from "Pilot"
Song: Talk Tonight by Oasis

West Roswell High

“What are you going to do?” Future Liz asked dressed incognito with one of Max’s plaid long sleeve shirts a hat and a pair of sunglasses.

“I have to stop you from going to work.” Max said as he peeked over the corner to see Liz packing up her book bag to go home.

“But Max…”

“Liz, I can’t know what I know and not do anything.” Max said sternly.

“You always ‘did’ love me.” Liz said almost sounding unsure with a flushed smile unable to help feel conscious at the thought.

“Since I could remember.” Max admitted. “Did…do you love me?” He asked curiously.

“With my heart, body, and soul.” Liz confessed. “I would’ve done anything if it meant being with you.”

“Body?” Max repeated blushing. “That means we uh…”

“You were my first, last and only. We made love for the first time before I left.” Liz confessed, but before she could explain the moment any further, they heard Liz slam the locker and leave.

“Let’s go.” Max said.

“I can’t…no one can see me.”

The Crashdown

“You are sooo bad girl.” Maria giggles over the photo Liz had just shown two tourists as they walked over to the back of the restaurant, noticing Max gawking at Liz when she glanced up. “Oh, and Max Evans is staring at you again.” She announced casually.

“No way, Maria, that is so in your imagination.” Liz denied, but glanced over to see that Max was indeed looking at her and then looked quickly away. “Max Evans is ‘not’ looking at me.” Liz said in embarrassed denial.

Max and Michael's Booth

“Alright, Maxwell. What’s so damn important that you dragged me here?” Michael asked sitting across Max.

“I just thought we’d hang out.” Max said staring Liz down.

“You made me miss the hockey game to hang out?” Michael asked annoyed.

“Michael, you got a free meal, so I don’t know what you’re complaining about.” Max snapped back and watched as Liz and Maria headed to the back where the Future Liz said they would be, and then knew it was now he had to make his move. “Michael, I need you to get Maria DeLuca out of the restaurant.” Max ordered.

“What?” Michael asked confused, looking over to where Maria was and then back at Max in puzzlement. “No way.”

“Michael, you have to do this.” Max pleaded, only getting a nodding head of ‘no’ as an answer from Michael. “I’ll give you twenty bucks.” Max bribed.

“Twenty bucks and the jeep for a day.” Michael negotiated.

“Fine.” Max agreed and then they both got up heading to the areas where Maria and Liz were.

Coffee Area

“Fine, you’re right. He’s not looking at you…he’s not looking at you because he’s walking over here.” Maria whispered, taking her two cups of coffees to her assigned table, Liz spun around and looked straight at Max who was standing in front of him. “Um…hi…Max.” Liz greeted in a high voice.

“Um, can we talk?” Max asked, hinting to the Crash’s back room. “It’s important.”

“Um, yeah, sure.” Liz said taking off her waitress antennas and then led Max to the back room, while Michael was having trouble getting Maria out of the restaurant.

“Look, just…if you come with me outside I’ll give you five dollars.” Michael bribed unwillingly.

“Ten.” Maria said firmly with her arms crossed and arched eyebrow.

“Ten! Fine.” Michael agreed, pulling Maria outside.

Crashdown’s Back Room

“Let’s sit here.” Max suggested sitting on the stairs that lead to Liz’s house.

“Okay.” Liz said softly sitting next to Max. “So…uh, what did you want to talk about?” Liz asked.

“Huh?” Max said distracted as he glanced at his watch. “Oh, uh. Astronomy.” Max quickly answered.

“Oh.” Liz said disappointed, looking down.

“What did you think I wanted to talk to you about?” Max asked with a sly smirk, noticing her disappointment.

“Um, nothing…” Liz blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear. “So…what about Astronomy?”

“Uh…homework. I needed help with it…and you being Mr. Seligman’s top student…”

“But so are you? That’s why we’re lab partners.” Liz answered quizzically, noticing him glancing at his watch again. “Um, do you have to be somewhere?” Liz asked.

“No. Why?” Max asked.

“You keep looking at your watch.” Liz said pointing to his watch.

“Oh…”

“You know what, I actually got to get back out there anyways…” Liz said as she stands up

“No, no, you can’t go out there yet.” Max yelled grabbing her arm. “Please.” Max begged and then suddenly they heard a man yell, “I want my money today! Not tomorrow!” which was followed by a gunshot. Max quickly covered Liz with his body until the commotion was over, and then moved off her slowly, feeling her shiver in fear. Then her fear was distracted by Maria’s voice calling out her name.

“Maria.” Liz said relieved to hear her voice, running to the front to see if she was okay.

“Liz, thank God you’re okay.” Maria said hugging her tight. “I should have never left with Michael.”

“What?” Liz asked perplexed.

“Yeah, Michael told me to go outside with him until Max came back out and he’d give me ten dollars, which he weaseled out of, that jerk.” Maria said looking around and not seeing him in sight. “Where is he?” Liz looked back towards the back room and then ran to see if Max was still back there, but the back door had been wide open and he was gone. “Liz, what’s going on?”

“He knew.”

Max's Room

"So what happens now?" Max asks Future Liz.

"I go away and everyone stay's safe." Liz answered sadly. Liz looked at her palm and with her other hand she waved over it making the five Venus stars appear on the center of her hand. "A trick you taught me." Liz said waving her hand over Max's face to see the stars light on Max's for head. Max fell back on his bed.

"What was that?" Max asked.

"Memories." Liz answered before she disappeared in front of his eyes mouthing the words 'I love you'.

At Night

Max couldn't go to sleep with all the images fluttering through his head. Memories. Liz's memories of Max and her. Maria and Michael. Isabel, Jesse and Alex. Valenti and Kyle...Tess. Everytime and memory of Tess popped up it appeared to him in shades of red. She would be there soon and she would betray them.

'Tink. Tink'

Max looked up and made out Liz knocking on his window. He walked over in a panic and opened it, Liz stepped up closer and looked at him with curiousity and then finally spoke, "We need to talk."

You took your last chance
Once again
I landed, stranded
Hardly even knew your name

I wanna talk tonight
Until the mornin’ light
’bout how you saved my life
(you saved my life)
I wanna talk tonight
(I wanna talk tonight)
(I wanna talk tonight)
(I wanna talk tonight)
(I wanna talk tonight)

I wanna talk tonight
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Hey to new readers Coley452 and Con Angel.

Chapter 3

Quote from “285 South”

Max’s Room

“Look, I can’t talk right now. I’m sort of not feeling good, so if we can talk tomorrow…” Max suggested. He didn’t know what to tell her if she started to question why from all days did he approach her and his head was really hurting from all the grief he was remembering.

“Um…okay.” Liz said walking away.

“Hey, are you okay walking home alone?” Max asked in a whisper.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Liz said with a smile.

“Okay…good-night Liz.”

“Good-night Max.”

West Roswell High

“Alright, alright. Quiet down.” Mr. Sommers shushed the class as he walked over to the blackboard and underlined the word ‘historian’. “Everybody has their secrets. There isn't a person alive today who's what they appear to be. Exposing these secrets is the job of the...historian. Even the most normal of us has extraordinary qualities just waiting to be uncovered.”

Liz couldn’t help but glance at Max and notice that he was looking at her as well. She flashed him a quick smile as she wondered what secrets Max possibly had. Was he clairvoyant? Liz rolled her eyes when she though of Max being psychic. She didn’t believe in psychic abilities, every time Maria rambled on about Madame Vivian, she felt sorry for her that she entrusted her life in the hands of a fraud that just flipped cards over for a living.

“For tonight's assignment, I've paired you together. It is your job as...historians, to find out as much as you can about your partner by asking these specific questions, and then writing up an oral history report for tomorrow.” He assigned as he passed out the assignment, Maria scanned through the sheet and was taken back by how personal the questions were.

“Uh, excuse me.” Maria interrupted as she raised her hand. “These are kind of personal, don’t you think?”

“Exactly. Personal is the goal of the professional biographer.” The teacher answered. “And who knows? You just might make a new friend.” The teacher commented to Maria and then looked at his roster as reference to who he was about to pair up. “Ok, so the partners are as follows: Daskal with Hausman, Kalinowski with Nell. M. Evans is with...Valenti. Papas with Cooney, De Luca with...I. Evans and Parker with Guerin.”

“Mr. Sommers, he’s not here.” Liz said pointing to Michael’s empty seat.

“Well, then it will be like true field work tracking your subject, won’t it Miss Parker?” Mr. Sommers answered.

‘Ring’

The school bell sounded off and everyone collected their belongings to head for their next designated location. “Max! Max!!” Liz called out pushing pass people to reach Max in the crowded hallway. “Excuse me, excuse me.” She said finally reaching Max and stopped him from going further. “Max, I have to talk to you.” Liz demanded as she pulled him into the band room.

Band Room

“I was thinking that we could talk later.” Max murmured nervously as he walked away further into the room.

“No, Max. I need to talk to you now.” Liz commanded firmly. Max nodded and lowered his book bag as he sat on one of the chairs. “Okay…yesterday…what happened?”

“What do you mean? Max asked.

“Max, you know what I mean…the stalling so I wouldn’t be in the restaurant. Last night, I saw the bullet hole…it would have hit me if you wouldn’t have taken me out of the way.”

“It’s a coincidence.”

“See, I thought that too, until Maria told me that Michael bribed her into coming outside with him until you said it was okay…so that pretty much rules out coincidence.” Liz said as she stood in front of him. “You knew what was going to happen…didn’t you?” Liz paused to hear what he’d have to say but Max didn’t answer. “Max, please. I need to know.”

“Why? You’re safe now. Every one’s safe.” Max said sadly, knowing he had achieved what future Liz had set out for him to do. There was an awkward silence. Liz wanted to know what he wasn’t telling her. He knew something, it was written all over his face, but she watched as he struggled to not answer her.

“Liz?” Kyle called out as he walked into the band room wondering what she was doing with Max Evans alone.

“Kyle?!” Liz answered startled. “What are you doing here?”

“Found out Mr. Clark was going to give us a test so I ran…what are you doing in here?” He asked and then acknowledged Max’s presence. “Evans.”

“Kyle.” Max replied.

“Uh, we have lunch…I was just getting Michael Guerin’s address from Max for that historian assignment…because…you know…they’re best friends…” Liz quickly thought up.

“I didn’t know that.” Kyle answered skeptically. Max looked at Liz the same way, surprised, wondering how she knew that Michael was his best friend if they’ve barely spoken before all this occurred. “So the Crash Festival…are we still going?”

“Uh, I don’t know. My dad is still cautious…”

“Yeah, I heard what happened. Are you okay?” Kyle asked smoothing Liz’s hair back.

“Um, I’m fine. I wasn’t there when it happened.” Liz said quickly glancing at Max to see him clenching his jaw as Kyle kept smoothing out her hair.

“Yeah, thank God.” Kyle added.

“Thank someone.” Liz quietly said, loud enough for Max and Kyle to hear. Kyle looked at her confused and Max couldn’t help but smirk in flattery as Liz flashed him a smile of gratitude.

“So do you want me to walk you to your biology class?”

“US Government.” Max corrected softly.

“What?” Kyle asked as he and Liz both looked in his direction.

“Uh, I’m in her biology class…we have it second period…”

“R-R-ight.” Kyle said in a ‘who cares’ tone. “Liz, you coming?” Kyle said pointing to the door with his head.

“Um…yeah.” Liz said as she looked at Max and then walked out of the room.

Old Chishoim Trail Trailer Park

‘Bang’

‘Bang’

‘Bang’

Liz jumped every time the rifle went off as she approached Michael’s trailer. When she reached it , she verified the address with what she had written on a piece of paper. She saw, who she could only assume was Michael’s father, sitting on a lawn chair shooting empty beer cans on the floor. “Excuse me.” Liz called out but her voice was drowned out by the loud shot.

‘Bang’

“Excuse me.” Liz said louder getting his attention before he could get the other shot off. “Hi, I was looking for Michael Guerin.” She announced but Hank just stared at her with his head bobbing a little showing clear signs that he was intoxicated. “Maybe I made a mistake.” Liz said turning to leave but then heard him call out for Michael.

“Micky!” Hank yelled with a slur, Liz saw Michael pop his head out and then approach the trailers screen door. “You have a ‘visitor’.” He informed him, emphasizing more on visitor as he ogled Liz up and down.

“Come in.” Michael told her as he opened the squeaking door wide to let her in.

Michael’s Room

Liz walked in nervously, gripping on to the straps of her book bag as she looked around, seeing the room was exactly how she imagined it. The walls were bare except for the 16x10 poster of Metallica that was taped slanted by the light switch. His bed was a mess, clear signs that he had been on it and a generic CD player on the bed with CD cases scattered on the bed. “Sorry about that.” Michael apologized as he pushed the clutter on his bed back so she could sit.

“It’s okay. My room’s a mess too.”

“I meant if Hank was being a jerk.” Michael corrected.

“Oh.” Liz said feeling guilty from her previous statement as she sat down and removed her book bag off her back.

“So…” Michael continued, awaiting her reason for the visit.

“Oh, um, Mr. Sommers made us partners for the historian project.” Liz noticed how Michael didn’t have a clue on what she was talking about. “Mr. Sommers. 5th period.” Then she saw he remembered, clearly understanding why he wouldn’t know him off hand with the lack of attendance to the class. “Yeah, so we have to answer this survey…” Liz trailed off as she dug in her bag.

“Um, Liz. I barely go to the guys class…what makes you think I’m about to do his homework?” Michael asked.

“Yeah, I thought about that, but since I’m your partner…I don’t need to fail something because you don’t want to participate, so I thought, I pay off your debt with Maria and you answer my questions.” Liz propositioned seeing Michael actually considering her options.

“You’re blackmailing me Parker?” Michael questioned surprised and impressed. “Not at all how I pictured you…so what’s this survey about?” He asked taking the sheet that Liz was holding out to him. “You expect me to answer these?”

“I thought you could answer them over a slice of Moon Pie.” Liz bribed even more.

“It depends if that slice happens to be free repeatedly.” Michael added.

“It does.”

“So let’s go.” Michael said pulling her only giving her enough time to grab her notebook and the sheet, leaving her book bag behind to blend in with the clutter.
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 4

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 4

Quote from “285 South”

The Crashdown

When the two of them entered the restaurant, the place was scattered of 5th period partners tackling the assignment. Maria and Isabel had been by the counter and Max and Kyle were in a booth. Liz moved over to the booth behind them and sat facing Kyle’s back so she could have a clear view of Max while Michael slid to rest his back on the wall as he lifted his leg on the seat to sit more comfortably. “Okay let’s get this over with, so just tell grandma over there to keep the moon pies coming.” Michael commented when Agnes approached them to take their orders.

“Hello, Liz. Ordering anything?” Agnes says unenthusiastically pressing the tip of her pen on the order pad.

“Um, two Moon Pies and two Cherry Cokes.” Liz ordered as Agnes jotted it down and walked away, returning a few minutes later with their order. Michael unscrewed the top of the Tabasco sauce and began lacing his drink and pie with it. “Okay, so I guess that answers question number ten.” Liz commented as she jotted down a remark on her notebook and labeling it number ten, while Michael scanned down the worksheet to see what question 10 said.

‘Name something rare you do that would seem weird to others.’

“Don’t mock it til’ you try it.” Michael advised giving her an un-humored look as he sprinkled some Tabasco sauce on her Moon Pie. Liz took her fork and cut her a piece and tasted it cautiously. “How is it?” Michael asked resting his crossed arms on the table.

“It’s not bad.” Liz commented.

“I guess that answers question 12.” Michael said ripping out a sheet from her notebook and snatching her pen writing down his answer. Liz scanned down the sheet and read question 12.

‘Are you afraid to try new things?’

“Okay, what’s your favorite book?” Liz asked glancing at Max seeing him too lacing his food with Tabasco sauce.

“James Joyce’s, Ulysses.” Michael answered.

“Really? Because of the paternal aspects?” Liz asked interested. Michael was impressed, not that she had actually read the book, but that she could actually figure out why he favored the book.

”Is that part of the question?”

“No.”

“What’s your favorite book?” Michael asked changing the subject.

Cold Mountain.”

“Naturally.” Michael commented not surprised it would be a romance novel. “Every girl’s favorite book is about love.”

“Apparently that applies to future high school drop outs.” Liz snapped offended.

“Everything okay?” Kyle asked concerned, turned facing them as Max looked on, curiously, as well.

“Who the hell are you?” Michael asked clearly not intimidated by Kyle.

“I’m her…”

“Kyle it’s okay.” Liz interrupted standing up to block Kyle from stepping up to Michael. Michael slipped out the booth with a smirk and watched as Kyle glared at him. Liz noticed Max had stood up too and they appeared to be the center of attention, because there was a dead silence in the restaurant as they looked on. “Michael, we can do this over the phone or something…” Liz suggested.

“Whatever.” Michael said with a shrug as he shoved his hands in his pockets of his jacket, still not dropping his cocky glare towards Kyle.

“Hey, Liz?” Jeff Parker called out from the aqua swing door that led to the back.

“Yeah Dad?”

“Can you stop by the Sheriffs’ station and leave this order?” Her dad asked holding a plastic bag and a Styrofoam cup.

“Sure.” Liz said taking the bag and cup and waited for her dad to leave, before going back to a really pissed off Kyle.

“Come on Liz. I’ll take you.” Michael suggested, taking the bag from her hand.

“Michael.” Max warned, seeing Michael deliberately pushing Kyle’s buttons.

“Stay out of this Maxwell.” Michael advised.

“What are you looking for trouble Guerin?” Kyle asked inflamed.

“Kyle, you’re blowing this way out of proportion.” Liz stated.

“I’ll take you Liz.” Kyle declared firmly.

“Kyle, I’m going with Michael.” Liz answered sternly, remembering she had to go with Michael since she forgot her book bag back at his place.

“What? No you’re not?” Kyle commanded.

“Excuse me?” Liz asked aggravated. “Kyle, you don’t own me. You can’t tell me what I can and can’t do.”

“Liz, why are you getting so angry?” Kyle asked puzzled and then came up with his own conclusions. “What are you two…”

“No Kyle.” Liz answered angry with him making a scene.

“Look, this is just some big misunderstanding.” Max said standing beside Liz.

“Don’t get in it Evans.” Kyle warned waving his hand from irritation and accidentally smacking the Styrofoam cup from Liz’s hand and spilling the contents all over Max’s shirt and jeans.

“Max.” Liz and Isabel called out worried at the same time, seeing Max hop back a little from the hot liquid falling on him. “Are you okay?” Liz asked, subconsciously brushing his cheek and then grabbing the towel Maria handed her to help Max dry off.

“So, it is true. You’re just together with Evans...not Guerin.” Kyle corrected himself bitterly after watching Liz’s display of affection.

“No, Max and I are not together…but neither are we.” Liz announced decisively.

“Ouch.” She heard Michael say behind her.

“Liz…because of this…you can’t break up with me.” Kyle argued.

“She just did, Deputy.” Maria commented, getting a cold glare from him.

“Fine. I’m out of here.” Kyle yelled grabbing his stuff and storming out.

“Max, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” Liz asked apprehensive.

“I’m fine. I’ll just go home and change.” Max said as he picked up his belongings.

“I’m coming with you.” Isabel proclaimed, grabbing Max’s car keys and followed him out the restaurant.

“Here, Gidget.” Maria said handing Liz a freshly pour cup of coffee.

“Thanks.” Liz thanked and then looked over to Michael. “Let’s go.”

Trailer Park

“I still can’t believe the food was still hot after all that time.” Liz commented as they approached Michael’s trailer.

“Yeah, me either.” Michael commented nervously, wondering if she noticed him using his powers to warm up the food.

‘Bang.’

Another gunshot was heard as the saw Hank still shooting at cans. “How long does he do that?” Liz asked clenching her chest after jumping from the repeated sound.

‘Bang.’

“Until he passes out.” Michael answered embarrassed as he opened the door and let her in. “Get your bag, I’m gonna get something to drink.” Michael said opening the refrigerator as Liz entered his room.

‘Bang’

“Just ignore him.” Michael advised himself. “Hey, you want a Snapple?” Michael yelled but didn’t hear Liz’s answer from the other rifle shot.

‘Bang’

“Liz.” Michael called out shutting the refrigerator and walking to his room. “Li…” Michael entered his room to find Liz on the floor, bleeding from her stomach. “Oh, my God. Liz!”

The Crashdown

“Did he say what was wrong?” Isabel asked as they ran to the main doors.

“No he just said it was an emergency.” Max answered, looking in the dark restaurant. The restaurant was closed. All the lights were turned on but Max noticed Michael pacing back and forth as he peered through the glass door, waving his hand on the lock to open the door.

“What the hell took you so long?” Michael questioned angry and really frightened.

“Michael, what’s so urgent?” Max asked out of breath, practically speeding over because of Michael’s call.

“Is that blood?” Isabel asked, seeing dried, red stains all over Michael’s clothes and arms.

“There’s been an accident.” Michael answered.

“Where’s Liz?” Max asked furious grabbing Michael by his shirt. "Where is she Michael?"
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 5

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 5

Quotes from "Pilot"

Song: Destiny by Gloria Estefan

Destiny
has once again surprised me
Oh destiny
must want you here beside me
Quietly
like the the sunrise with its splendor
Unexpectedly
with a passion strong yet tender

You draw me in
like the moon draws the tide
Swept away by this love
taken in by your eyes

If I had to walk away from you
I know that it would be no use
'Cause you're so deep inside of me
Can't deny
I never want to be set free
the more you give the more I need
You can't change what is meant to be
No you can't change destiny
Destiny

Destiny
Speaks with many voices
So eventually
We're obliged to make some choises
Oh destiny
Who I thought I owned completely
Just to toy with me
Made me fall in love so deeply

You fill my soul
like the stars fill the sky
Brought to life
this new world
Where I'm held captive inside

'Cause you're so deep inside of me
Can't deny
I never want to be set free
the more you give the more I need
You can't change what is meant to be
Destiny

Destiny
Destiny
Destiny

Crashdown Back Room

“Oh, my God.” Isabel gasped covering her mouth.

“Liz!” Max exclaimed when he saw her sitting against the wall on the steps, pale and sweating with dark purple circles around her eyes. “What the hell happened?”

“Hank…he was shooting his rifle…”

“Liz? I’ve been waiting for…” Maria spoke from the top of the stairs, and stopped when she saw Max and Michael near Liz, Michael covered in blood and Isabel crying. “Wha…” Maria covered her mouth and turned around with intentions to call Liz’s father, but Michael hopped up the stairs in two big leaps and covered her mouth. “MMMMM….” Maria mumbled through his hand.

“Hey, calm down. We didn’t do this to her.” Michael informed her, pulling her to walk down the stairs as Max carried Liz over to the couch that was by the stairs. “I’m gonna let you go so we can help her, but you can't scream. Do you understand?” Michael asked feeling warm tears roll over his hand and then Maria’s head shaking frantically ‘yes’. Michael lifted his hand slowly to make sure she didn’t yell. Maria smacked Michael’s hand away and ran beside Liz.

“Liz.” Maria cried.

“Maria, I’m going to help her, but you need to give me space.” Max pleaded with watery eyes. “Okay?” He asked, seeing Maria snap out of her trans and nodded. Isabel stepped up and guided Maria to back away so Max could continue. “Liz…Liz, you have to look at me.” Max implored softly. Liz’s eyes opened lazily with tears escaping down the sides of her face and looked into Max’s soulful eyes. Max lifted her shirt, hearing Michael regurgitate from the sight of all the blood flowing out of the wound and place his hand over it and began to use his powers to heal her, hearing a loud thump and then Isabel telling Michael that Maria fainted. Michael lifted Maria’s head on his lap and tapped her lightly on her face, seeing her eyes open with a mysterious sparkle.

“Liz?” Maria murmured and turned to see her staring at Max bewildered.

“Liz?” The five of them heard Liz’s father call out from upstairs. Max took off his shirt and put it over Liz’s head, helping her slip her arms in the sleeves.

“Max.” Michael whispered waiting by the opened back door, signaling for Max to hurry.

“Please, don’t tell anyone.” Max asked and then followed Isabel and Michael out the back.

“Liz is that you?" Jeff Parker asked as he walked down the wooden stairs in his pajamas.

“Yeah…yes dad.”

“Maria? What are you doing here? Liz what are you wearing?”

“Sorry, Mr. Parker. Best friend duty calls. Liz and Kyle broke up so I’m here for moral support.” Maria quickly stated, hugging Liz and patting her on the back.

“I’m sorry, Lizzy. If you want to talk…or me to break Kyle’s legs…”

“Dad, I’m fine.” Liz said with a laugh.

“Alright, don’t stay up too late girls.” Mr. Parker advised and then headed back upstairs.

“Liz, what the hell just happened?” Maria asked freaking out.

“I don’t know.” Liz said gripping tight to Max’s shirt.

Max’s Jeep

“What the hell are we going to do?” Michael asked in a panic as he gripped his hair in frustration as he turned the corner.

“They’re going to tell on us. They’re going to tell on us.” Isabel repeated over and over as she rocked back and forth in the passenger side.

“No. No, they won’t. Trust them.” Max said weak. “And if you can’t trust them…trust me.”

“I hope your right Max.” Isabel said, saying the final word for the entire night.

Liz’s Room

“So what do you think he is...like God or something?” Maria asked.

“Maybe the body of one…” Liz commented thinking back when he stripped his t-shirt off in front of her.

“Let me see it again.”

“Maria.” Liz whined annoyed by Maria’s begging to see her stomach, lifting her shirt and showing her her flawless tummy. “Happy.”

“Very.”

“Well, at least one of us are…I was really hoping I could talk to Max about this and about what happened yesterday. Now we have to wait until tomorrow to talk to them at school and that’s if they show up.” Liz admitted pouting in disappointment.

“You know…I have the Jetta…maybe we don’t have to wait until tomorrow?”

“I’ll drive.”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 6

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 6

Quotes from "Pilot"
Song: Is This Real? by Lisahall

Max’s Room

“I’ve never seen so much blood before.” Michael confessed with his hands behind his head as he stared up at the dark ceiling, while he lied on the floor on top of his sleeping bag. The shadows of the window were then seen on the ceiling when a car’s headlights shined as it passed by.

“Michael…there’s something I have to tell you.” Max whispered in a serious tone when it turned dark again.

‘Tink. Tink.’

Both Max and Michael’s heads shot up at the sound of tapping glass and looked at each other in distress when they saw Maria and Liz’s little faces peering through. “Don’t open it.” Michael advised.

“We heard that.” Maria announced arching her eyebrow and crossing her arms in aggravation. Max turned on his lamp and climbed off his bed to open the window. “We gotta show you something Nostradamus.” Maria declared as she held out her hand so Max could help her in.

“Climbed in through many windows much?” Michael commented with sarcasm as he saw he climb in just like him.

“Ha. Ha. Ha.” Maria replied with equal sarcasm. Max held out his hand to help Liz, but without noticing his aid, Liz attempted to tackle the window herself, slipping on the ledge and falling into Max’s strong arms. Maria and Michael rolled their eyes in the nauseous moment Max and Liz were experiencing and coughed simultaneously to break it up. “Hey, Romeo, we’re here on official business…so if you can hold the sexual tension until later that’d be great…show him Liz.” Maria signaled Liz. Both Michael and Max’s eyes shifted from Maria to Liz and then down to Liz’s stomach, seeing a silver handprint on Liz’s stomach.

“Wow.” Max said, remembering that was what his reaction was supposed to be also noticing that she still kept his shirt on and removed the one she had on from before.

“Okay, Max, so help us out here. I mean, what are you?” Liz asked as she lowered Max’s shirt.

“We’re not from around here.” Max answered, remembering Liz didn’t freak out when he explained it to her before, so he kept his answers the same as before.

“So where are you from?” Maria asked with her arms crossed. Max pointed up with his index finger as Michel looked on nervously as he witnessed Max revealing their true identity.

“Up north?” Liz asked without thinking, and watched as he pointed his finger higher. “You’re not an…an alien…I mean…are you?” Liz asked seeing Max and Michael’s expressions were both serious.

“Well, we prefer the term not of this Earth.” Max said with a smile, but then saw Maria and Liz didn’t laugh with him and coughed out the humor. “Um, sorry. It’s not a good time to joke.” Max apologized and then looked back at Liz seriously. “Yeah, we are.” Max confessed ad then looked to Michael who was shifting his weight on his feet. “Wow, it’s weird to actually say it.”

“Aliens?” Liz finally reacted to the news. “I just thought you were psychic or something…alien.” Liz said sitting down on his bed to avoid passing out.

“You guys can’t be serious?” Maria asked sitting beside Liz.

“As a heart attack.” Michael finally spoke.

“If…if you really are alien…where…where did you come from?” Liz asked curiously as her and Maria held hands in fear.

“We came from Antar.” Max answered. Michael gave Max a quizzical look and then focused on Maria’s next question.

“We? How many of you are there?” Maria asked.

“It’s us two and Isabel.” Michael answered.

“…there’s a fourth…” Max added, seeing Michael’s head bolt to face him.

“What they hell are you talking about?” Michael asked confused.

“I’ll explain everything…we just need to get Isabel in here…she needs to hear this too.” Max advised.

“I’ll get her.” Michael offered and then crept out of the room to get Liz.

“So this is really happening.” Liz said in shock.

“I’m sorry, Liz…I thought about telling you a thousand times…”

“You have…me?” Liz asked getting a faint smile from Max.

“What do you parents think?” Maria asked.

“No one else knows about us…we sort of think our lives depend on it.” Max confessed.

“So, when you healed me…you risked your secret getting out?” Liz asked. “Why?”

“It was you.” Max confessed. Liz bit her lip and blushed with a smile.

Twisted this feeling
walked out ashamed
So tired of revealing
the moves that I make

And I know
Yes, I know
But is this real?
And I know
Yes, I know
But is this real?

Freedom of concept
will drive me insane
Ash to blood to bone to love
Twisted

And I know
Yes, I know
But is this real?
And I know
Yes, I know
But is this real?

Is this real?
Twisted
Flesh...blood...bone...love
Twisted

And I know
Yes, I know
But is this real?

“What’s going on?” Isabel whispered when she spotted Liz and Maria on the bed.

“In order for us to be safe…they have to know who we really are.” Max answered.

“So…you’re all like Max…like holy healers and stuff?” Maria asked.

“No, Max is the only one that has the power to heal.” Isabel answered as she sat on the floor. Max and Michael followed her lead and sat beside her.

“Power? Exactly what powers do you guys have?” Maria asked curiously.

“We can manipulate molecular structures…I’ll show you.” Max said looking at Isabel. “Isabel, can you do that thing you do with your hair?” Isabel nodded and waved her hand over one side of her head to the other and then back again, making her hair go from straight to wavy and then back to straight. “That’s how I healed you.” Max explained.

“Enough with the magic tricks, what about the fourth?” Michael questioned.

“Okay, this might seem crazy…”

“What like this is a normal conversation?” Maria quickly commented.

“Liz was suppose to get shot yesterday at the Crashdown…she came to me from the future and told me that I couldn’t save her there because if I did…bad people would find out about us.”

“So that’s why you distracted me.” Liz added finally understanding, trying to take the Future her news with a grain of salt. Max just nodded. “But I still got shot…and you still healed me.”

“I guess it was meant to be…for us to…to get you into our lives.” Max answered softly.

“So, exactly what did this future Liz say to you?” Michael asked in a skeptical tone.

“She showed me is more like it…she gave me her memories…a fourth will come…soon and she’ll betray us.” Max informed them.

“How do you know? What if we changed what happened because of what happened tonight?” Isabel asked.

“I don’t know.” Max answered puzzled.

“So did this Future Liz tell you about us?” Michael asked. “Who are we really?”

“The four of us come from a royal alien family…I’m the King, Isabel’s the princess and Michael you’re my second-in-command.”

“What about the fourth?” Isabel asked.

“She’s nothing to us now…now that I know who she really is.”

“Who is she?” Liz asked.

“Her name is Tess…Tess Harding…and she’s coming with a shape shifter with their own agendas…for her to get pregnant with my baby and return to Antar with the three of us…and they’ll both kill to get what they want.” Max warned firmly.

“This is like something from the twilight zone.” Maria noted.

“It’s not…I have proof…Isabel go get your shoes.” Max answered.

“Why? Where are we going?” Isabel asked.

“To the desert.”
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 7

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 7

Quotes from "Morning After" to "Heatwave"
Song: Good Parts by Seela

Rock Formation

“What is this place?” Michael asked as Max waved his hand over the side of the rock and revealed a silver handprint like on Liz’s stomach and then pressed his hand against it, making a section shift back and then slide to the side, revealing an opening.

“It’s where we were born.” Max answered before climbing in.

Liz’s Balcony

One Hour Later

Liz watched as Max climbed up the balcony ladder, impressed on his agility and chivalry. He had insisted on both Liz and Maria be escorted safely home, and naturally accepting the responsibility of taking Liz home and assigning Michael to walk Maria. “Impressive.” Liz complimented as Max hoped over the edge on to the balcony.

“I try.” Max answered with a smile.

“Max, you didn’t have to come all the way up…”

“No, no…I wanted to.” Max quickly answered, stepping closer to her.

“So…um, what was I like…you know…the future me. Did she, um I, tell you anything…like who I was with?” Liz babbled as she beat around the bush of the real subject she wanted to address…their single status and how it could be edited.

“Liz…it's not safe…I mean for you and…and me to....it's not safe.” Max said sadly. He knew that Future Liz had specifically told him that things would go downhill if they became involved. It was hard to tell her no…and that wasn’t the only thing in that condition. Through out their entire fieldtrip, Max was thinking of Future Liz’s last moments with his future self and tried to restrain himself from ravishing her in that very moment.

“I don't care.” Liz declared taking a step closer to Max. She didn’t understand Max’s cautious behavior. He already knew what to expect and who to expect it from, so what could he possibly be guarded of?

“Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. Not know…with…”

“With Tess coming?” Liz finished lowering her head in disappointment.

“She’s dangerous and if we’re together…she target you and I can’t…I won’t let that happen…I’m sorry Liz…I wish things could be…”

“Different?” Liz completed his statement again. “But they are different…I just…how is it possible that I could be...I could be the happiest that I've ever been in my entire life...you know, and now the saddest all at...all at one time?”

“I guess that’s what being in love is.” Max answered.

“Yea, I think so too.”

“I'll see you at school.” Max said as he climbed over the ledge and on to the ladder.

“Max??” Liz called out, seeing his head shoot up to look at her. “I never got to thank you, for saving my life.” She announced as she took a step closer to him.

“Thank you.” Max said with a faint smile and then climbed one bar down.

“No…wait, Max.” Liz called out again and rushed over to the ladder, cupping Max’s face and attempted to kiss him but he backed up. “I just wanted...to remember.” Liz cried, hurt that he would back away.

“Liz, our first kiss can’t be a good-bye…it’s not fair to either of us.” Max explained. “Good-bye, Liz.” Max bids before he climbed down and jogged of to his jeep.

“Good-bye, Max.” Liz answered as she watched him drive off.

September 26th.

I'm Liz Parker and three days ago…I died. I will never look at the stars in the sky the same way again. I'll never look at anything the same way again. Max Evans has put a force on me. It's like my whole life changed in an instant. It's just so ironic that when something like this finally happened to me, it was with an alien. What did Max Evans mean when he said, "I'll see you in school?" Was it "I won't be able to breathe until we meet again" or was it just something someone says to, like, fill space? And what is he thinking right now? Is he also obsessed, tortured, going through one sleepless night to the next, wondering what's going to happen between us?

The future was always so clear to me...a straight path towards my goal. I just never counted on there being any intersections. I guess that's what makes life more interesting. Keeping yourself open…letting new people in…changing your mind. It’s weird…ever since I found out about Max and Michael and Isabel, I’ve been thinking a lot about secrets…that for everyone who has a secret, there’s someone else who needs to know what that secret is. How sometimes secrets keep people from feeling like they belong. And now even I, Liz Parker, the smallest of small town girls with the simplest of lives-- even I have something to hide. A secret this big can be the death of you too. That’s why I’m glad I have Maria and Alex to share it with…I don’t think I could have survived this “look, but don’t touch” isolation I have with Max without them.

Alex tries to be the man of our little trio, protecting us and cheering us up when we’re down. When Max gave the okay to tell Alex, it took some major convincing from Isabel’s behalf to get him to believe us. I think Isabel changed the molecular structure of something in order to really let it sink in for him. It’s hard to believe that because of Tess…Alex stopped being a part of our lives. How does Max expect us to act natural with Tess if she was the one who murdered him? I guess I should just take things one day at a time, starting with enjoying the rest of what’s left of this Sunday, watching “Notting Hill” with Maria and Alex, before answering my question tomorrow of what Max meant by “I’ll see you tomorrow”.

West Roswell High

September 27th, 1999 – 2nd Period

“Hi.” Max greeted over Liz’s shoulder as she doodled in her notebook.

“Hi.” Liz answered nervously. “How was your weekend?” She asked curiously, really wanting to ask him if he thought of her at all.

“Busy. We spent the weekend collecting all those things we know about.” Max answered secretively. Max and Michael had spent the weekend collecting all the artifacts that Future Liz told him about. The orbs, the pendent…but Max’s main concern was the Destiny Book. Without that book, Tess had nothing to collaborate with her story of the four of them being destined to be together. It would be just her word against their hearts. “How was your weekend?”

“Great.” Liz lied, wanting to scream out that she would trade in her journal and her Blockbuster Rewards card just to feel how his lips felt against hers.

“Liz, what’s this I hear about Grandma Claudia’s coming on Friday from Alex instead of Honey Bear herself?” Maria asked with her hands on her hips and Alex laughing on the side.

“Sorry Liz. She practically beat it out of me.” Alex said with a chuckle.

“It’s okay.” Liz said with a thankful smile that they saved her from enduring an awkward moment with Max. “Nothing’s concrete yet. Grandma Claudia first has to see if she can get her publisher to give her the weekend off. This book on the Navajo Indians means a lot to her.”

“Make sure she brings us copies, preferably signed.” Alex states and then hands Liz a flyer. “You’re still coming right?” He asked as Liz looked at the flyer penciled.

“Of course. How often do The Whits have a practice session in Roswell, New Mexico?” Liz comments with a smile.

“An opportunity that doesn’t come twice, we should consider ourselves blessed, Liz.” Maria adds.

“Make fun all you want, but just you wait…”The Whits” will be playing at Hard Rock Café and opening for Oasis, or vice versa, with you two groupies tossing your bras on stage while I break your little hearts with my fame and talent.” Alex imagines and warns playfully in one intellectual breath.

“Dream on, Noel.” Maria jokes as she patted him on the back and guided him back to their lab section.

“So…you’re going away for the weekend?” Max asked sadly.

“Um, maybe.” Liz replied as she bit her lip.

“Uh, Liz, about your Grandmother…she’s…take advantage of the time you have with her.” Max advised.

“Thanks…how I wish you could take your own advise.” Liz said depressed seeing Max struggle to comment, but just sat down when Mr. Steigman began their lesson.

Outside the Crashdown

October 1st

“Bring me something shiny back.” Maria asked as she hugged Liz by her parent’s car.

“I will.” Liz answered and then moved on to hug Alex. “Take care of Maria for me.”

“You know it.” Alex replied releasing their hug and opening her door for her. Just as she was about to climb in, she noticed Max across the street watching her leave. She flashed him a smile and then climbed in.

If I could just keep the good parts
Put together all the things that I wanted you to see
Try not to feed the black heart
I could never say you don’t know me

There’s something about the after wards
Feel the way the trouble…again
There’s something about the bad words
And I forget I ever had a friend in you

Ooo…ooo
And it wouldn’t have to be such a tragedy
If you just surrendered…to me
And you wouldn’t have to feel the catastrophe
Had you just kept it all to yourself

If I wasn’t such a ‘yes man’
I could tell you what I never believed
If you didn’t have the upper hand
I could make you keep…all…of…me

If I could just keep the good parts
Put together all the things that I wanted you to see
Try not to feed the black heart
It’s never done a damn thing for me

And it wouldn’t have to be such a tragedy
If you just surrendered…to me
And you wouldn’t have to feel the catastrophe
Had you just kept it all to yourself

Moments later the vehicle was gone. Max crossed the street and looked at the yellow sign that was taped from the inside of the restaurant. ‘Closed for the Weekend.’
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 8

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 8

Quotes from “River Dog”

Roswell Grocery Store

October 2nd, 1999 – 8: 17 P.M.

“So what’s your poison? Chocolate Chip or Fudge Swirls?” Alex asked holding up two cartons of different flavor ice cream as he held the freezer door open awaiting Maria’s answer.

“Um…we’re watching “Untamed Hearts”…definitely the Fudge Swirl.” Maria replied tapping on the carton and then moved over to the next isle. “We need whipped cream.” Maria yelled not looking ahead of her and ended slamming into Michael chest. “Oh, sorr...oh it’s you.” Maria said in distaste as she crossed her arms.

“Watch where you’re going next time.” Michael snapped back.

“Well, if you were watching where you were going you wouldn’t have run into me either.” Maria answered placing her hands on her hips.

“Alright got the whipped cream.” Alex announced as he turned the corner seeing Maria and Michael arguing and Isabel pushing her own shopping cart. “Michael. Isabel.”

“Hi, Alex.” Isabel greeted with a blushing smile. She had begun using her dream walking abilities to spy on Liz, Maria, and Alex, but Alex’s dream were the most interesting because they always included her in them.

“Doing a little garden work?” Maria asked peeking inside their cart and seeing bottles of water and stacks of pottery.

“Didn’t know you had a green thumb…uh…didn’t know you were into that.” Alex quickly corrected himself making Isabel laugh.

“I’m not. Max is making us practice…you know…for when Tess and Nasedo come, we’ll be prepared.” Isabel replied.

“Good luck teaching Sparky here a new trick. I doubt it’s possible, but if it is try teaching him manners.” Maria commented as she looked Michael up and down in distaste.

“Whatever. Let’s go. I don’t have to stand here listening to two girls yakking.” Michael shrugged as he filled up the small seat section of the cart with boxes of Tabasco sauce.

“Interesting, um, Michael. You know, some women of the, uh, 20th century might find that last remark just a tad bit offensive.”

“Why?” Michael asked, not understanding why she was so upset.

“Why?” Maria repeated, completely aggravated by his ignorance.

“Welcome to Michael-land.” Isabel declared, seeing Alex watching amused. Michael grabbed another three boxes of Tabasco sauce and tossed it in with the rest.

“Ok, so what's with the Tabasco sauce?” Maria question now irritated when she saw the excessive amount of Tabasco sauce in the cart and remembered that at The Crashdown, they had to order a double shipment of Tabasco sauce ever since they’ve been eating there regularly.

“Sweet and spicy.” Michael answers.

“Sweet and spicy?” Maria questioned.

“We all like things extremely sweet mixed with extremely spicy. It's our little dietary quirk.” Isabel explained.

“Well, I'll have to, uh, keep that in mind.” Maria said scanning Michael up and down.

“You do that.” Michael responded tightening his form.

“Are you two flirting?” Isabel question, noticing the intrigued looks the two were exchanging. “God, could my life get any worse?” Isabel commented in disgust as she strolled off with the cart. Michael flashed Maria a coy smirk and then followed Isabel, accidentally running into Sheriff Valenti when he clipped the corner.

“Uh, sorry.” Michael said nervously.

“Shouldn’t be off in such a rush…someone might think you were up to no good.” The Sheriff warned. “You’re Michael Guerin, right? Hanks boy?”

“He adopted me if that’s what you mean.” Michael said bitterly, not proud as being acknowledged as Hank’s son.

“I heard you and my boy had a little bit of a run in over the Parker girl.” Valenti said removing his cowboy hat and trimming the rim with his fingers. “You and your buddy Max Evans.”

“Hey, I don’t know what he told you, but we were just doing homework…what ever happened between him and Liz is his problem not mine.” Michael snapped and began to walk away.

“Son.” Valenti called out. Michael stopped and turned his head to hear what Valenti had to add. “Tell Hank that if he doesn’t stop shooting his rifle while he’s drunk…I’ll be paying him a visit. The Thompson trailer behind yours caught a stray bullet. No one was hurt…this time.” Valenti commented and then walked away.

Maria’s Room

“The thing about Michael is that he's weird but surprisingly interesting.“ Maria explained as she scooped a spoonful of Fudge Swirl Ice Cream.

“He's interesting?” Alex repeated with a smile.

“Not interesting for me, obviously.” Maria blushed as she rolled her eyes.

“Oh, yes, obviously.” Alex replied sarcastically, knowing there was something underneath Michael and Maria’s “love hate” insults that they seemed to give each other.

“I mean, it can never be. There's a number of obstacles. His hair, his personality, the fact that he was hatched.”

“Can you please tell me what happened in the desert between you two? You obviously must have some reason for the way you guys act around each other?”

“Nothing physical…although it wasn't very verbal, either. What Michael and I share, well, it's non-verbal. Michael is the type of person my mom likes to refer to as a vibrator.”

“A vibrator.” Alex repeated feeling they were crossing the guy girl friendship line. “Should we be having this talk?”

“You know what I mean. Someone who communicates by…you know…sending vibes out into the atmosphere.” Maria explained, rolling her eyes when Alex assumed the worse.

“And exactly what kind of vibes is he sending you?” Alex asked curiously, spraying whip cream on his spoonful of ice cream.

“Vibes that are, you know...”

“Maria. Phone.” Maria’s mother announced as she cracked open the door, Maria hopped off her bed and ran to the telephone that was in the kitchen.

“Ms. DeLuca, can I offer you a shot of fudge and whipped cream?” Alex asked holding out a spoon of ice cream topped with whipped cream.

“Sure.” Amy answered, taking the spoon and swallowing the contents.

Kitchen

“Hello?” Maria answered when she picked up the phone.

Maria’s Room

“Who was it sweetie?” Amy asked when she heard the door squeak open.

“Was it Liz?” Alex asked noticing Maria had a pale expression almost as she was about to throw up. “What’s wrong?” Alex asked as he and Amy ran to help her sit down on the bed.

“There’s been an accident.”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 9

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the fic. :D

Chapter 9

Song: Hemorrhage(In My Hands) by Fuel

Valenti Home

“Hey, dad.” Kyle greeted unenthusiastically with the remote control as he sat slouched watching the sports highlight clips of the days’ basketball games.

“Ran into your friend today.” Valenti announced as he unpacked the groceries from the two brown paper bags he carried in. “That Guerin boy.” Valenti added, seeing Kyle’s head pop out the side of the recliner in intrigue.

“Uh huh?”

“Heard him and the Evans girl telling Amy’s daughter and the Whitman boy about a Tess and Nasedo.” Valenti informed him as he popped open a beer bottle and leaned in the doorway of the kitchen. “Do you know anyone by those names?”

“Nope, but I don’t hang around anyone Max and Michael know….never seen them talk to anyone else but each other come to think of it.” Kyle answered. “Now they can’t be seen without Liz, Maria, or Alex tagging along.”

“Strange isn’t it.” Valenti commented. “They were talking about preparing before the two came…” Valenti continued to explain but saw that Kyle was completely clueless. ”Ah, it’s probably nothing.” Valenti shrugged as he sat down on the couch, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

“Oh, yeah. Deputy Hanson called. He said he wanted to talk to you about the Thompson trailer. He said you were right about something.” Kyle informed him, not paying attention to his fathers stunned reaction to the news. “Oh, come on! You totally had that.” Kyle yelled at the T.V.

“Uh, I just remembered I’d forgot something back the station.” Valenti said as he headed towards the door. “I’ll be back in a little while.” He announced before leaving.

“Whatever.”

Pod Chamber

“Are you sure we can trust him?” Michael asked, lifting his hand and making one of the pottery pots explode with his powers.

“We did in the future.” Max answered as he block the water bottle Isabel threw at him with his shield.

“Maybe things are different…you know…since you changed what was suppose to happen.” Isabel speculated, using her powers to push down the water bottles she had lined up on a boulder, and then tossed Max another bottle.

“She could be right Maxwell.” Michael commented before exploding another pot. “Maybe the only reason why he didn’t turn us in was because you healed Kyle? That won’t happen now.”

“We don’t know that Michael, I mean, I stopped Liz from getting shot but she ended up getting shot anyways. Point is we don’t know what could happen, but there was one thing Future Liz was sure of…that we could trust Maria and Alex…and I do.”

“I do too.” Isabel added.

Maria’s House

“What happened?” Amy asked as Maria slipped on her denim jacket over her PJ’s.

“Is Liz okay?” Alex asked concerned as he tied his gym shoes.

“I don’t know. The highway police only told me that they were in a car accident. Grandma Claudia suffered a stroke behind the wheel.” Maria retold frantically.

“Well, let’s go.” Amy said grabbing the Jetta car keys and her purse.

The Jetta

“Maria, shouldn’t we call Max or something? Maybe there’s something he can do?” Alex whispered to Maria between the passenger side door and headrest.

“I only have his house number.” Maria said dialing his number.

“Who are you calling?” Amy asked curiously.

“Max Evans.” Maria answered.

“Why?”

“Um, him and Liz are sort of involved.” Maria answered as she heard the call going through.

“Oh, poor Kyle. I wonder how Jim’s dealing with it?” Amy pondered, more concerned over Jim then Kyle.

“Mom, you can bake him a pie later…hello? Hi, Mrs. Evans. Sorry for calling so late, this is Maria DeLuca. Is Max or Isabel there?…No? Do you know what time they’ll be back?…It’s just that Liz has been…hello? Hello? My batteries are dieing…hello? Yeah, can you please tell him that Liz was in a bad car accident and…hello? Ah, great. It cut off.”

Pod Chambers

“What about the mindwarps? How are we suppose to block those?” Isabel asked.

“She’ll be aiming for me and Alex mostly, so our best bet is to follow Future Maria’s plan and never leave us alone at all…Michael talked to dad already about the petition for his emancipation, so he can crash at our place. I doubt Tess would try anything with Michael there.” Max theorizes.

“How can you be so sure?” Michael asked. “You said she did the dream thing on me and Isabel.”

“That’s all she did to you. She’s afraid of you...at least that’s what Future Liz’s visions tell me.”

‘Beep’

“Hello? Hey, Mom. What?!? Did she say where? Thanks Mom.” Max said hanging up his cell phone.

“What was that about?” Isabel asked worried.

“Liz. She was in a car accident. Maria’s going to her right now.” Max announced in a panic.

“Alone?” Michael asked concerned, regretting exposing his concern for her in front of Isabel and Max.

“I don’t know.”

“Is Liz okay?” Isabel asked as she watched Max lean and then slide down the wall, covering his face so the wouldn’t see his frightened expression.

“I don’t know.” Max answered and then suddenly all the pottery pots and water bottles exploded. Michael shielded Isabel and then they both looked down at Max who was just as surprised.

“I guess that means the lessons over.” Michael commented, being pushed away by Isabel, who went to sit by Max.

“She’ll call.” Isabel assured him softly.

“I hope you’re right…if Liz…I don’t think I can live without her.” Max confesses lowering his head.

“She’ll be fine, Maxwell. The girl took bullets, time travel, and alien powers…I think she can survive a car accident.” Michael said trying to cheer him up as he sat down beside him.

“Michael’s right. Liz is strong. She’ll be okay.”

“We’ll just sit her with you until Maria calls you.” Michael promised.

Don't fall away, and leave me to myself
Don't fall away, and leave love bleedin'
In my hands, in my hands again
Leave love bleedin'
In my hands, in my hands
Love lies bleedin'

Highway Patrol Station

"Hi, we were called over a car accident involving the Parkers." Amy informed the officer working the front desk.

"Are you Maria DeLuca?" The officer asked as she checked the clip board in front of her.

"No, I am. She's my mother." Maria answered as she took a step forward.

"Okay, you were contacted because one of them requested you at the scene. We tried to get in touch with a...a Max Evans that was requested first...but there was no answer."

"Where are they? What hospital?" Maria asked frantically.

"They're not at the hospital."

"What do you mean? Where are they?" Amy asked confused.

"You'll be escorted to the morgue. We need you to make a positive ID on the casualties."

"Casualties?" Alex repeated frightened.

"Oh God." Maria exclaimed falling into Alex's arms. "They all can't be..."

"No, the only casualties were the couple and the elderly woman...the young girl survived." The officer informed them as she scanned down the sheet on the clipboard.

"Take us to her." Amy demanded.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 10

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Chapter 10

Quotes from "Heat Wave", "Sexual Healing" and "Ch-Ch-Changes"

Song: Ten Million Years by Black Lab

Pod Chamber

‘Beep.’

“You answer it. I can’t” Max asked handing Isabel the cell phone.

“Hello? Mom? Yeah…when? Okay, we’re going to be there okay? Night Mom. I love you too.”

“What happened?” Max asked when Isabel handed him his cell.

“We’re going to Maria’s house. They’re taking Liz there. ”

Sheriff Station

“Hanson.” Valenti greeted as he removed his hat.

“Oh, Sheriff Valenti. Did you get my message?”

“Yep.”

“Turns out you were right. There’s no other way that the stray bullet could have hit the Thompson trailer without going through Hanks.” Deputy Hanson informed him wiggling his eyebrows to and a sense of conspiracy. Valenti clenched his jaw as he heard his theory being confirmed. “The only thing I’m wonderin’ is why doesn’t Hanks trailer have any bullet holes?”

“Thanks a good question, Hason. A very good one.”

Maria’s House

“There they are.” Isabel announced when she saw the Jetta pulling up after sitting and waiting outside the door for the past hour and a half. Amy had been driving, while Liz was being comforted between Maria and Alex in the back seat. When they stepped out of the car, Max took a step forward and watched Liz walk straight to him.

“Liz, I’m so sorry.” Max whispered in her ear.

“Just tell me you didn’t know Max.” Liz whispered back as she sniffled. Max pulled away to see her puffy eyes released more tears.

“I didn’t.” Max answered and then pulled Liz closer to him.

Liz’s Room

December 2nd.

It’s been 2 months since I’ve written and since my parents and Grandma Claudia passed away…and I still feel like this piece of me has been stolen. I can’t help but hear Grandma Claudia advising me to follow my heart…advise that I would love to take but I can’t…not now…it’s too soon. Last month, Michael was granted his emancipation so he’s been living with me and working the grill to help keep The Crashdown from going under…his first suggestion was to fire Agnes, which was second by Maria surprisingly. Maria’s mom had trouble accepting the fact that Michael was moving in with me, but Maria removed her doubts when she told her Michael wasn’t interested in me because they had started to uh, see each other…what ever that means, with Maria there’s always a hidden meaning. Max is making guest appearances as well to help out. Maria’s mom says he’s doing that to establish his position as the guy in my life. I love the fact that he’s doing that, even though he doesn’t need to establish it, if everyone already thinks he is…and he is. Even though I feel my world is slowly falling apart, I know as long as he’s near me, I’ll be fine.

“Hey, you want some cereal?” Michael asked as he came in with a tray. Liz smiled on his thoughtfulness and set her journal to the side as Michael set the tray in front of her.

“Thanks, Michael.” Liz said before she took a spoonful and quickly spit it out. Michael ducked, nearly being hit with the spray of milk and Fruit Loops. “Did you put Tabasco sauce in this?” Liz exclaimed in disgust.

“Okay, so it was really for me.” Michael answered with a smirk.

“That’s disgusting.” Liz commented as she cooled down her tongue.

“Sorry. Homework?” He asked pointing to Liz’s journal.

“No. Just writing.”

“About Max?” Michael asked with interest.

“Maybe.” Liz answered embarrassed.

“Look, maybe you guys should go to this thing on Friday.” Michael suggested.

“I don’t think partying in the Old Soap Factory is something Max is into.” Liz said tucking her hair behind her ears.

“No, but he’s in love with you, so he’ll go.” Michael stated. Liz hung on Michael’s words. ‘In love with her?’ How? If they haven’t even shared something as small as a kiss or even attempted to hold hands. ”He does love you Liz. He says it all the time.” Michael assured her as he walked back to her door and watched her pensive expression change to amazement for what he was telling her. “He just doesn’t want Tess to hurt you because your with him. Just go. Who knows, maybe he’ll snap out of it?” Michael stated and the left her to think about his suggestion.

Liz's Balcony

December 4th, 1999 – 2:18 A.M.

"Liz." Max called out from the street. "Are you there?" He questioned and then seeing her peek over the balcony with a smile. "Can I come up?"

"Okay." Liz replied and watched him climb up the ladder and hop over.

“Hey.” Max greeted softly as he looked around smelling the aroma of ignited wicks and could only assume Liz had recently blew out the candles.

“Hey.” Liz answered shoving her hands in her pockets.

"I wasn't interrupting anything, was I?" Max asked insinuating that he was referring to the candles.

"Oh, uh, I was just writing. The candles just help me think clearly." Liz explains as she sits down on her outdoor futon-likr couch that Michael made for her and hugs her legs.

“So, Michael tells me you haven’t been feeling good.” He asked concern as he sat down beside her.

“Yeah, it's like my head is fogged in and my head is just being dragged along for the ride.” Liz whines with a little chuckle as she cups her forehead.

“So does that mean we’re not going to the Old Soap Factory tomorrow?” Max asked impishly. Liz looks up at him and sees his smirk that she adored so much. “I was talking to Michael yesterday, and he made me realize something.”

“What?”

“That I’m an idiot for keeping you away.” Max confessed as he lowered his head in shame. “I think that what I'm afraid of is we try ‘us’ and it works out really well…I'm afraid of feeling everything that I know I would feel…and then have to give you up.”

“Max, you keep pushing me away over…memories…my memories that I want back.” Liz demanded sternly.

“Liz, if you see…see what Future me put you through when we were together…all the bad stuff...I just couldn't bear to hurt you."

“But that's not your decision, is it?” Liz asked as she moved closer to him. “If I can’t be with you now…you can’t rob me of memories that belong to me.”

“I guess not.” Max answered. “I have to touch you.” Max warned her as he held his hands by her face. Liz nodded and Max cupped the sides of her face, tucking her hair behind her ears and the pressed his forehead against hers. “Just take deep breaths and try to let your mind blank out.” Max whispered, feeling Liz’s hands rest on top of his, and then followed his directions. Suddenly, Liz gets a rush of scattered images and feelings from both him and of her future self. But it’s what Max felt about her that scared her the most…that he would give up anything and everything…just for her.

It’s such a simple thing
I never feel this way
I have nightmares
I have dreams of you gone
there is something in you i want today.
So hide the bones away
beneath the yellow lines
you're scared of what you lose or what you might gain this time.

I love you more than i should
I would wrap my heart in bands of rosewood.
I love you more than i should.
I would stay beside you here ten million years.

You see yourself in the mirror.
You see yourself at night.
You see yourself in the gutter, baby.
You see yourself like a star shining bright.

But I love you more than I should.
I love you more than I should.

Every minute
Every hour
Every second you take me over.
Every night of every day
I wait
I take I know I take
but I love you more than I should.
I love you more than I should.
I would stay inside you here ten million years.

“Did it work?” He asked as he attempted to regain his breath.

"Um hmm." Liz answered.

"Right this minute...I can't...not touch you." Max confesses huskily as he caresses Liz's face with the tip of his nose. "I have to go Liz." Max whispered but didn't move a muscle.

"Why?"

"Cuz if I don't go right now...I'm gonna have to touch your hair...cuz it's so soft...and I'd have to tell you that...no matter what we go through, it's all worthwhile for me because we're together."

"And then?" Liz asked loving the caresses he was giving her and that he was recreating the memory of their future selves first kiss and making it their own.

"And then...I'd have to do this..." Max whispered before he connected their lips and begins to kiss her, making all the candles re-ignite from the rush of emotions the two were feeling.

I love you more than i should
I love you more than i should.

"Max...Max...please don't change your mind now." Liz warned as she slowly pulled away.

"Are you kidding? I've been waiting for this for a long time." Max admits seeing Liz blush.

"So when Tess comes..."

"We'll still be together...Liz promise me that we decide our own destiny." Max begged.

"I promise, Max." Liz pledged before kissing him again.

"So, I guess there was one thing I forgot to ask you." Max states as he pulls her to sit on his lap.

"Yeah, what's that?" Liz asked playfully as she made herself comfotable in his arms, pressing her back against his chest to allow him better access to kiss and carress the crook of her neck as she kissed and nibbled on his ear.

"Liz Parker...will you be my girlfriend?"

"Max, I can't think of anything else I would rather be, than to be known as your girlfriend." Liz answered before she kissed him.

"Liz, there are a few more titles I would like you to carry because of me...but let's just start with "girlfriend", okay?"

"Okay."
<center>Image