One West Roswell (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 12 pg 9 - AN 04/11/07

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 12 pg 9 - AN 04/11/07

Post by behrlyliz »

Thanks to the very talented Anniepoo98 for this beautiful banner!

Title: One West Roswell
Couples/Category: AU, M/L No Aliens
Ratings: ADULT
Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to Roswell, it’s characters or One Tree Hill
Summary: Liz and Michael are best friends while Max and Maria are part of the in crowd. Michael and Max are really brothers but Philip Evans has nothing to do with Michael. The story starts off UC but changes to CC.
Author's notes: This story is based on the concept of One Tree Hill. I'm using the One Tree Hill story line but I've added the Roswell characters.

Part 1

Liz Parker closes her locker while shaking her head at her best friend in disbelief. She follows his gaze as he watches head cheerleader, Maria DeLuca walk down the crowded hallway of West Roswell High School.

“It’s SO not going to happen”, she says while giving her friend a look of sympathy and running a hand through her long, silky, brown hair. “One, she’s miss popularity, head cheerleader and homecoming queen. Two, she’s the girl friend of the star basketball player of West Roswell High and number one jack ass, Max Evans. Three, I love you but in her eyes and the entire school body you are the bastard child of Phillip Evans, father of said star basketball player.”

Michael Guerin wasn’t one of the in-crowd but under normal circumstances, he probably could’ve had a shot with Maria. He was 6’1, medium build, spiky brown hair and bad boy good looks. Unfortunately for him, paternity knocked him out of the race before he even had a chance to be in the race.

Michael turns around and glares at his best friend of ten years. “One, I’m not fixated on Maria. Two, I’m not a bastard.”

Liz immediately wishes that she could retract point three. “Michael, I’m sorry. I wasn’t calling you a bastard. I would never call you that but unfortunately a lot of students here would, especially friends of Max. And… with Maria being his girlfriend, there’s a strong possibility that she would be among that group. I just don’t want to see you hurt. You are one of the most caring, good-hearted people I know. You’re real and that’s very hard to find in this school full of fake people. Besides you could do SO much better than Maria.”

Michael smiles at his friend appreciatively but is still a little hurt. He knows that she would never call him that and was only trying to help him by giving him a dose of reality. Even to this day, he’s still just a little touchy on the subject of his father. It’s really hard to take rejection especially when it comes from a parent. His mother and father were high school sweet hearts. His father was the star of the West Roswell High basketball team and was thought to have a very promising basketball career ahead of him. He received a full scholarship to attend Duke University. It was the first semester of his freshman year when he learned that his girl friend Karen was pregnant. According to his mother, the plan was for Phillip Evans to finish college and they would wed when he graduated. One Diane Evans changed that plan. The day after his birth, his father showed up to the hospital to announce that he was married and his wife Diane was pregnant with twins. His father showed up to the hospital to give Michael his name and set up child support arrangements with the exclusion of visitation, seeing that he didn’t want to upset his wife. Karen Guerin told Phillip Evans where to stick his name and child support. She would raise her child her self without his help. Phillip Evans has never been a part of his life.

“Don’t sweat it.” He answers Liz. “Let’s go before we’re late for bio.”

“Sure”, she responds. She and Michael have been friends forever and she knows exactly what he’s thinking at this moment and says, “Michael, you can’t let it get to you. From what I hear, he did you a favor. They say that he’s really hard on Max. He’s a real jackass to him. Where do you think Max learned it? And I personally wouldn’t want a jack ass for a best friend.” She gives him a little smile and wraps an arm around his waist and leads him to bio.

Max Evans sits in his bio class staring down at his test. There were seventy-five questions on the test and he hasn’t even answered half of them. He looks up at the clock on the wall showing just fifteen minutes left before the bell rings. He glances to his left at Liz Parker, his lab partner, as she lays her pencil down and walks her test up to place it on Mr. Nelson’s desk. Miss Science WOULD be the first one finished he thinks to himself. Liz was the smartest person in their junior class. She would be a sure win for valedictorian come senior year. She sits back down next to him. Max looks over at her and she rolls her eyes at him. Max wonders what’s crawled up her ass. It was no secret that she couldn’t stand him. But he couldn’t remember doing anything to piss her off today.

Max mouths “What?” She looks at him and shakes her head while pointing to his exam. Max shrugs his shoulders and then turns back to his test, trying to concentrate. After five minutes, he’s still no further along on the test. He answers five more questions. This test is hard as fuck and I have ten minutes left to complete the test he thinks to himself. There’s no way I can complete the remaining thirty-five questions in time. Max lets out a small breath while rubbing his temples. The bell rings and he stands up and gathers his books and walks the test to Mr. Nelson’s desk.

Max tries to make his way out of the room but Mr. Nelson’s voice stops him. “Mr. Evans, May I speak with you for a moment?”

“Yea…what’s up Mr. Nelson?” Max asks dreading the answer.

“You are aware that you are borderline failing this class?” Mr. Nelson states while adjusting his eyeglasses. “One more failing mark and you will have a failing average for this class. And you and I are both aware that one failing mark will cut you from the team.” Mr. Nelson picks up Max’s test and scans it. “Max, you have only completed a little over half of the test. Even if you answered each question correctly, which I seriously doubt you did, that’s still not enough to give you a passing score.”

“I know Mr. Nelson. Science has never been a strong subject for me. It’s just really hard for me to understand. I read the chapter a dozen times and review my notes but I just end up drawing a blank when testing. I don’t know what to do.” Max answers honestly.

“Mr. Evans, Do you even realize who you have as a lab partner? I picked the lab partners for this very reason. Where one may be a little weak in science, the other is strong. Liz Parker is an excellent student. She excels in science. I suggest that you get your lab partner to help you. I'll tell you what, I'll allow you a retest just this one time. You have one week. Please ask Elizabeth for help”

“Easier said than done” Max mumbles under his breath. “Thanks Mr. Nelson, I’ll do that.”

Max leaves the room with only one thing on his mind. He wanders the hallways of West Roswell High with one objective, one destination, Liz Parker.
Last edited by behrlyliz on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:17 am, edited 32 times in total.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 2 - 12/07/04

Post by behrlyliz »

A/N Sorry that it's taken me so long to update but I was having computer problems. I truly have the computer from hell. I'm sorry for those of you that don't get One Tree Hill. It's really good. Also I took a couple of lines from Blind Date. Anyway, I would like to thank the following for their wonderful fb:

rainbow_watcher
begonia9508 - Max and Michael know that they are half brothers.
g7silvers
dreamer19
anonymousarfan
Bixie
Lizza
JamieSullivan
roswellchick03 - Hailey and Nathan are my favorites too although I'm not too happy with Hailey these days for what she's doing to Nathan.
rOswell_dreamer
roswells_hope_lily
QTgirl
Corley452
Ronin Behr
roswellluver
purpleant
frenchkiss70
Emz80m - I love your fics
tequathisy
abbs007 - I love your fics too

Chapter 2

Maria Deluca rapidly taps her pencil on the lunch table while sitting near the back of the quad near the bulletin board during lunch. She glances at the bulletin board or more specifically at the neon green flyer advertising tryouts for a new lead singer for The Whits. The Whits were a local band headed by computer geek extraordinaire and bassist, Alex Whitman along with three other non-important guys. She already knew the 411. Apparently, their lead singer Wendy Lavely caught mono from Peter Gulla. She’s lucky that’s all she caught Maria thinks to herself. She could do this, besides this was her dream come true. To stand in front of an audience and let her voice be heard. Her music be heard. To show her true self. It was exhilarating to even imagine and the Whits weren’t that bad of a band. They were actually quite good. She could see that they had a lot of potential.

Just as she’s about to leave the quad in search of Alex, Max plops down next to her attempting to give her a kiss which causes her to quickly turn her head.

Wondering what he did, Max looks at her with a confused expression on his face. He’s been wondering that a lot today concerning women. “What’s with the frost?” He sighs.

She glares at him with a look of pure maliciousness. How dare he try to act innocent, as if he doesn’t know what the problem is. That was the problem with Max. He expressed little if any interest in her. He wasn’t the type that she could be herself with, that is her true self. She couldn’t tell him her dreams and aspirations. He didn’t care. He proved that to her yesterday when she tried to get him to listen to the new song she wrote. Her patience was wearing thin with him. She didn’t know why she tolerated him at all. They had nothing in common other than being part of the in crowd. When she really thought about it and was honest with herself, she was with him because it was expected. He is the star basketball player and she is the head cheerleader, their being together is kind of written in stone. It was tradition and one that was quickly boring her.

She was living a lie. She was Miss Popular. She lived the perfect life in their eyes. She could make or break you in their school hierarchy. Everyone wanted to be her or at least what they thought she was. She dated the most popular and sought after guy of West Roswell and her friends were the prettiest and most popular girls of the school and they would give anything to get in Max’s pants. They probably had gotten into Max’s pants. Nothing would surprise her when it came to them. Even her so called ‘best friend’ lusted after Max yet she could give a rat’s ass what her so-called friends thought of her or did with Max. None of them knew of the passion she had for music, that she sung and wrote songs. They would probably laugh at her and boot her out of the in crowd. Was that really bad considering that she didn’t really want to be apart of it anymore? But what was the alternative, be a nobody? She was suffocating, caught in between and something had to give.

“Your mad about the comment” Max smirks. “ I already apologized to you.”

“You insulted me.” Maria states through clenched teeth. “Your apology wasn’t even sincere. You’re not even being sincere now.”

“I’m sorry for calling it lesbian whining. All I heard was a woman bitching about what a man wasn’t doing for her. I’m sorry that I don’t get your music. I don’t understand it. It doesn’t speak to me. You know I like rap. I really don’t see what the big deal is. People have different tastes.”

It’s me bitching about what you don’t do, Maria thinks to herself.

“I know you like rap. I could care less about the type of music you like. This is about more than just different tastes in music. It’s about respect. You don’t have to like alternative rock. But at least show me respect when I’m trying to show you something that’s important to me. Do you hear me making fun of you when you go on and on about basketball?”

“Okay”, Max interrupts not wanting to argue or cause a scene. “I get it. I’m sorry. I will never ever make fun of your music again. I didn’t know it was that important to you.”

Alex Whitman walks by them while Max is talking and her attention immediately leaves Max. She follows him with her eyes as he stops in front of the Coke machine. This was the moment. She needs to speak with Alex. “Max I’ll see you later,” she says but her attempt to leave is stopped once again by Max.

“Wait, have you seen Liz?” Max asks.

“Liz?” Maria looks at him puzzled. She didn’t know of anyone named Liz.

“Liz Parker. You know short, long brown hair, really smart” Max clarifies.

“Oh…mousy”, Maria says as recognition dawns on her. Not that she called Liz Parker mousy but everyone she hung with did.

“She’s not mousy!” Max defends.

Maria raises an eyebrow at him.

Max blushes and looks down trying to hide his embarrassment of defending Liz. “I mean, I think of her more in the terms of being a dork. Anyway have you seen her?”

“No. Why?” Maria asks showing that her interest was piqued.

“It’s just that I failed my bio test today so now I’m like officially failing bio which means that I’m off of the team but Mr. Nelson is giving me the chance to retake the test. He just suggested that I ask Liz to tutor me since she’s my lab partner and all.” Max explains.

“Well, calling her a dork certainly will not get you anywhere. Anyway, doesn’t she hate you?” Maria smirks.

“No. Liz and I go way back. She use to be in love with me.” Max lies.

At that point, Max’s twin sister, Isabel Evans walks up to the two and takes a seat, having heard the last part of their conversation she teases while putting her long blonde hair up in a ponytail, “Now Max if you are going to take a stroll down memory lane, please remember the names of the streets correctly.”

Maria looks at Max, who looks at Isabel and asks, “What the hell does that mean?”

Isabel laughs and begins to explain, “Just that if you are going to talk about the past, please be accurate with your details. You see Maria, Max here is leaving out a lot of pertinent information. Like the fact that he was in love with Liz from fifth grade until seventh grade. He even wrote her a poem in seventh grade declaring his love for her.”

Maria begins to laugh, “What happened?”

“At first she was interested in Max but then she overheard him talking about Michael Guerrin and she would have nothing to do with him. You know she’s very loyal.”

“Wow! Someone actually rejected Max Evans,” Maria smirks looking pointedly at Max.

Max gives her the middle finger and sends death glares to Isabel for having brought up the past.

“Anyway, Max’s pride was hurt and he’s been a jerk to her ever since. That’s why she can’t stand him.” Isabel finishes.

“That’s not how it went” Max informs, “I never wrote her a poem or expressed any kind of interest in her. She liked me. Besides, she became Miss Science and a dork after seventh grade.”

“Keep telling yourself that Max.” Isabel laughs.

“Fuck off,” Max says standing up and walking away clearly pissed at both girls. He had to find Liz so that she could help him and he could remain on the basketball team.

Basketball was everything to him. It was the one thing that he was good at. The one thing that no one could take from him. Everything Isabel said was true. Once upon a time he had been head over heels in love with Liz that is if you can even call it love at such an early age. He got up the nerve to tell her in the seventh grade via the infamous poem. She even liked him back. They would talk on the phone for hours. But one day she over heard him talking about Michael to a bunch of his friends and that was the end of their little romance and any form of friendship that could have been between them. It really hurt his ego that she chose her friendship with Michael over being with him and to get her back he acted like a jerk to her. Who ever made the saying ‘don’t burn your bridges’ never lied and he just hoped that he hadn’t ruined things with Liz too bad that she wouldn’t help him.
Last edited by behrlyliz on Wed May 11, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU, M/L, ADULT) CH 3 12/10/04

Post by behrlyliz »

A/N. Next chapter will have Max and Liz interaction as well as some Michael and Maria interaction. I finished this chapter sooner than I thought I would so I decided to go ahead and post it. Hope you all like it. Thanks to the following for the positive FB and for reading this fic.

roswellluver
aliensister
begonia9508
abbs007
frenchkiss70
Emz80m
cocopucks
dreamer19
purpleant

Chapter 3

Maria takes in a deep breath and looks up with wide expectant eyes as Alex Whitman skims over her songs. He scratches his head and takes a seat next to her. As she begins tapping her pencil on the lunch table, Alex looks up giving her an amused look, “um…do you mind?”

“Oh! Sorry…just an irritating habit of mine. When I’m nervous I tap my pencil.” Maria explains.

“No problem.” Alex chuckles. “Are these yours?”

“Uh…yea” Maria answers nervously.

“You wrote these lyrics?” Alex asks again not quite believing that songs this good could actually come from Maria Deluca, homecoming queen.

“Yes” Maria answers again somewhat hesitantly. “Is there any thing wrong with them. I mean do they like totally suck? I’d really appreciate your opinion.”

“I…I um…I’ve never showed them to anyone. That is anyone that counts. Well, I did let Max hear one song but he wasn’t really into it.” Maria yammers, another nervous tendency of hers. “I can rewrite them if you like.”

As he listens to her words stumble out, he gives her a little half grin. He had the feeling that no one had ever seen this side of Maria. She was usually so poised but now she was entering a place he liked to call ‘blunder Ville’, one that he knew all too well especially around a certain blonde-haired, amazon named Isabel Evans.
He places a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. “Maria, they’re fine. They actually are quite good. I wouldn’t change a thing.” He tries to reassure her. “You said that you let Max hear one of the songs. Are they recorded?”

“No, I haven’t recorded them yet. I’ve only written the lyrics and the music.”

“Oh, so you play an instrument?”

“I play the piano and acoustic guitar.”

Alex stands up and hands the folder back to her and says, “Cool, I look forward to hearing you play them. Auditions will be held today after school in my garage. I’ll see you then and if your voice is half as good as your songs, I can almost guarantee that you’ll be our new leading lady.”

A huge smile spreads across Maria’s lips and with her green eyes twinkling she quickly hugs Alex and says, “Thank you so much. I’ll see you after school.” She turns and walks toward the entrance of the building.

Alex stands stiff as a board. He is completely flabbergasted. Did Maria Deluca just openly give him a hug? Apparently, he’s not the only one confused. He looks around the quad to see a myriad of students with their mouths open in shock. ‘Yep, hell must have just frozen over’, he thinks to himself before heading toward the entrance of the building.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“What up, Mikey G.?” Liz smirks before bursting out into a fit of giggles.

“Shut up” Michael groans in annoyance knowing that Liz had just witnessed the incident involving Courtney Vanguard for she was using Courtney’s pet name for him. Courtney was a senior and to say that she had a major jones for Michael was an understatement. She was obsessed with him and in his opinion; Courtney was a psychopath in need of some serious therapy. She wouldn’t take no for an answer. So whenever Courtney was within his vicinity he became a mock member of the track team breaking world records with his attempts to get as far away as possible from her.

Today however, he had no forewarning of her presence and when he turned the corner on his way to the quad, he bumped right into her, which caught her off guard, and she ended up spilling her lunch of soup and salad all over them.

Whenever Michael had the misfortune of being in Courtney’s presence and Liz and Alex weren’t around to run interference, it would literally take him about forty five minutes to escape her. Today was different though; she was sporting salad in her long blond tresses and soup on her blouse, which caused her to run to the girl’s restroom mortified

Michael runs his hands through his hair to rid it of the salad. His shirt was covered in soup as well so he pulled it up over his head leaving his white undershirt visible. With one final shake of his head he takes a sit next to Liz under the huge oak tree.

“Now is that anyway to talk to your best friend?” Liz admonishes, “Especially when said best friend has concert tickets to see Green Day this weekend.” Liz lays her head on his shoulder looking up at him innocently while batting her eyelashes.

Michael quickly turns his body towards Liz almost causing her to tumble over. He’s sporting an expression of pure shock with eyes bulged wide as he asks, “You have tickets for the concert? The concert has been sold out for months. I mean…honestly, you’re not fucking around with me?”

“Would I even joke around concerning Green Day?”

“I hope not.”

Liz lets out an exasperating sigh, “No I would not and I would have thought that you of all people would know that, considering that you are supposed to know me better than anyone else.”

Liz lets out a little sniff and covers her eyes with her hands pretending to be hurt.

“Liz, save the dramatics.”

“Okay. You’re no fun.” Liz concedes “ My dad got the tickets from a client and since my parents are stuck in the eighties he decided to give the tickets to his lovely but yet deserving daughter. However, this lovely daughter has yet to decide if a certain best friend of hers is deserving.”

“C’mon Liz stop playing.” Michael moans “You play entirely too much.”

“I don’t know. Maybe a little groveling would end recess.” Liz smiles playfully.

“I’m not begging.” Michael interjects.

“Okay then.” Liz stands up shrugging her shoulders and begins to sashay across the lawn. Michael stands watching her retreat. He scratches his eyebrow and considers his options. He could just let Liz walk away and miss his chance to see Green Day or he could drop to his knees and continually beg for the ticket, which would draw even more embarrassing attention to him twice in less than fifteen minutes. Dignity or Green Day? Was there even a choice?

Michael takes off running. Catching up to Liz, he drops in front of her and begins his requisition for the tickets. Liz stands dumbfounded looking down in the face of her best friend. She didn’t actually believe that he would beg. Hell, she only wanted a favor of him. She raises her hands out to stop him. “ Michael, I was kidding about the begging part. Of course I’m taking you and Alex…I just need a favor from you.”

She nervously looks down at her shoes. She raises her eyes while biting her lower lip and looks up at him. Oh no! He’s pissed she thinks to herself. She continues with what she wants to say despite that fact. “You know that my mom is getting a new car and they’re giving me the Accord but it’s not an automatic and I need someone to teach me how to drive a stick. And I was hoping that you would help me?”

He’s silent. Now it’s her time to beg. “Please, Michael. You’re the only one that can help me. Alex can’t drive a stick and my parents are too overbearing when trying to teach me how to drive. They freak me out.”

“Liz, do you remember the little incident involving my mom’s car and Sheriff Valenti’s suv? I still have two more months to go before I’m allowed behind the wheel of anyone’s car.”

She scrunches up her face as she remembers the accident. “I forgot.” She sighs in defeat. “Well, I guess I’ll be busing it right along with you.”

“At least you're in good company.” Michael smirks.

“You jerk.” Liz laughs. The two of them walk over and take seats at an empty lunch table. “Oh I forgot to show you the new IPOD my grandmother bought me.” Liz reaches in her backpack and takes out the white IPOD.

“Cool. What songs do you have so far?” With the IPOD in his hands, Michael begins going through her play list “Green Day, Chevelle, Jimmy Eats World, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Deftones, The Von Bondies, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Auf Der Maur, And You Will Know Us by The Trail Of The Dead. Where’s Metallica?” Michael asks.

“I believe this is MY IPOD. See property of Liz Parker. Not Michael Guerrin.”

“So when can I borrow it?” Michael petitions clearly ignoring her rants.

“And again, I must stress the point of this belonging to Liz Parker and NOT Michael Guerrin. Besides, you know the unspoken rule concerning borrowing between us.”

“And that would be?”

“The three month window for the newness to wear off. Once the newness has worn off you are able to borrow. But I’m thinking that we need to add a clause to prohibit the borrowing of gifts from grand parents”

“Yea, like that would stick.” Michael says smugly “I’ll give you three months.”

Liz lightly punches Michael’s right shoulder, “Whatever. Anyway, did you hear the news about Job Cohen?”

Michael shakes his head in the negative.

“Apparently, he broke his leg at last night’s game and Coach Duvall is having tryouts tomorrow to replace him.” Liz informs. “You should try out.”

“Liz, you know that’s really not my thing. I don’t want to be one of them.” He points out. ‘Them’ being the term that he and Liz used to refer to the in-crowd, which included the jocks of the school.

“Michael come on” Liz groans frustrated. This was a sore topic between them, one that they’d argued many a day over. “You would not be one of THEM. You would be playing a game that you love. One that you put your whole heart and soul into. You’re better than that whole team put together. The only ones that are any competition are Max Evans and Kyle Valenti. And wouldn’t it feel so good to beat them at a game that they think they dominate. Plus it would give you the exposure you need to get a scholarship which would help your mother out a lot.”

Michael ponders over what she’s said, “No, being on the team isn’t for me.”

Liz eyes him and says, “You’re scared.”

“No I’m not. I can take Max and Kyle.”

Picking up on something else, realization dawns on Liz, “You’re scared because your father will be at those games. You’re scared you might disappoint him.”

Michael snorts trying to hide the truth. She had hit the nail on the head but Michael didn’t want her to know that he cared what Phillip Evans thought of him. So he lied. “I could give a damn what Phillip Evans thinks.”

“Then try out.” Liz sneakily adds, “I dare you.”

Michael glares at her knowing that he couldn’t turn down a dare. That was another unspoken rule between the three of them. Liz, Alex and he had so many unspoken rules between them that they were starting to bug him. If you were dared, you had to take the dare.

But before he could say anything, Liz gets up to leave, “Later, Michael. I have to go. See you tomorrow during tryouts.” Liz winks, blows him a kiss and leaves.

TBC...
Last edited by behrlyliz on Wed May 11, 2005 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU, M/L, ADULT) CH 4 12/17/04

Post by behrlyliz »

A/N. I know that I promised M/L & M/M interaction with this next chapter but it turned out too long and M/L & M/M interaction will definitely be in chpt 5. Who knew writing one day would take five chapters? I just want to make mention that although this story is based on One Tree Hill, it will not always follow each OTH episode. Michael is based on Lucas, Liz=Hailey (substitute singing with dancing), Maria=Peyton (sub art with music), Max=Nathan, Brooke=?(you'll have to read this chapter to find out who she). In OTH, Brooke starts off as a bitch but later you learn to love her. But in my story, Brooke will stay a bitch and unlike OTH she will be after Max instead of Michael. And most importantly, I'm a dreamer so even though Max is a jerk to Liz, he has had a major jones for her since the 5th grade. Thank you all for reading my fic and thanks for the great FB.

abbs007
emz80m
hanilene - hope my a/n answers your questions
frenchkiss70
tequathisy - there will definitely be sibling interaction. Maria and Isabel are more like associates. Isabel used to be popular but she isn't anymore.
roswellluver
dreamer19
RoninBehr
stargrl678
Lizza
aliensister - I love Ali G
blink1lit
foreverdreamer15

Chapter 4

Liz walks down the junior hallway of West Roswell on her way to the auditorium to practice during her free period. She bobs her head in time to the beat of Chronic Future’s Time and Time Again. She stops in front of her locker to drop off a few of her books and begins to sway to the music while entering the combination to her locker. She’s so engrossed in the song that she doesn’t see the number of heated looks she’s receiving from every male in the hallway or hear her name being called.

While she sways her hips from side to side in a sexy rhythm to the beat, she raises her arms in the air and mimics the sway of her hips. Unbeknownst to her, this action causes her white tank top to rise revealing a large expanse of her tanned, flat abdominal.

She couldn’t help it. She loved to dance. It was in her genes, having inherited it from her real mother Elizabeth Nichols Parker, who was the youngest principle dancer with the American Ballet Theatre before she gave it all up for the love of a man. She couldn’t really remember her, for she died when she was very young. But what little she could remember, she cherished. She remembered there always being music playing in their home and the smell of strawberries and vanilla. The very last picture of her mother taken was one of the two of them dancing in their kitchen wearing tutus. Not only was she her mother’s namesake but she was also the spitting image of her with long, silky, brown hair and big, brown, doe eyes. She’s danced her whole life. Unlike her mother whose only focus was ballet, she’s taken up all forms of dance from modern to tap. Her father says that she’s just as good as her mother was but she isn’t sure if dancing is what she wants to do as a career. Although she loves dancing, it isn’t really challenging to her but she feels like she will be disrespecting her mother’s memory if she doesn’t decide to dance as a career. She’s spoken about this a lot with her step mother Nancy Parker, whom she calls mom since she has basically raised her most of her life. Nancy’s advise was for her to follow her heart and that even if her heart led her to study biology instead of ballet that it wasn’t being disrespectful to her mother’s memory; for she was not only the daughter of the late Elizabeth Nichols Parker but she was her own person with her own life to live.

After seeing this display, Alex calls her name again but she obviously can’t hear him so he quickens his pace to reach Liz before she gives the school a glimpse of something more damaging. Oh gosh! One more rise of her shirt and it’s all over. He reaches Liz in time and pulls her arms down to her sides.

A startled Liz looks at him as if he’s grown two heads. “Alex, what are you doing?”

“Liz, the next time you want to put on a show for us, let me know ahead of time. I might be able to bring a pole in here for your performance.”

“Alex, what are you talking about?” Liz asks as several guys pass by giving catcalls. Even Kyle Valenti passes by saying ‘what’s up’. This causes Liz to do a double take because Kyle Valenti has never acknowledged her presence.

“Well…while you were dancing, your shirt started rising up. Everyone saw your stomach but I came and saved the day before your…” Alex points to his chest and finishes, “put in an appearance.” Alex coughs uncomfortably.

Liz turns beet red as she realizes what would have happened if Alex hadn’t come to her rescue. She lowers her head while covering her face with her hands in embarrassment. “OH. MY. GOSH. How many people saw?”

“Don’t worry Liz, only every one in the junior hall. It was surprisingly, VERY …erotic. Which is quite disturbing since I think of you as a sister. I’m surprised I’m not blind.”

“Don’t worry Liz, only every one in the junior hall saw, he says” Liz sarcastically mimics him.

“HEY, don’t take it out on me cause you now have every male that was walking this hall lusting after you.”

“I’m sorry Alex. I just can’t believe what almost happened. I would have never been able to show my face here again.” Liz apologizes. “I guess it’s what I get for running a fast one on Michael.”

“What did you do to Michael?” Alex asks.

“I dared him to tryout for the basketball team tomorrow.” Liz answers.

“NO WAY.” Alex says in disbelief. “And yet you’re here to tell the tale. How? It’s cause you’re a girl. Michael would have beat my ass from here to kingdom come.”

“I know. I feel really bad about it now but he wouldn’t have done it any other way. And with how good of a player he is, he should be on the team. He should get his time to shine. He’s taken so much shit from a lot of people in this school because of who his father is. I just want him to get what’s due him.”

“Don’t feel bad. I’m glad you did it. At least one of us had the balls to do it.”

Liz raises any eyebrow at him. “Hey, it’s a figure of speech. You’re so sensitive.” Alex complains.

“What ever Alex.” Liz giggles. “Guess what?”

“What?”

“We are going to the Green Day concert this weekend! My dad gave me four tickets that he received from one of his clients.” Liz informs.

“You’re kidding, right?” He asks in all earnestness.
“No. What is it with everyone thinking that I’m kidding?”

“Liz, you tend to play around a lot.”

“First of all, I am as serious as a heart attack. We are going to see Green Day this weekend. Secondly, I SO do not. And thirdly, you’re one to talk.”

“Liz, you can’t be serious for more than five minutes. But that’s why we love you.”

Liz narrows her eyes and begins to walk backwards saying, “ And you can? Thanks for saving my ass earlier but I’m SERIOUSLY walking away right now.” She gives Alex the finger and turns around and walks toward the auditorium.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Maria stands in front of her locker looking at herself in the mirror while applying lip-gloss. She takes the scrunchie out of her locker and pulls her hair up into a ponytail for gym. She takes one last look at herself in the mirror but is distracted as tight blond curls and clear blue eyes come into view behind her.

Maria’s best friend, Tess Harding stands behind her with a devious look on her face. She only gets this look if she’s up to something or has some juicy gossip.

“What’s up girlfriend?” Tess asks Maria.

“Hey Tess.” Maria eyes her and asks, “What are you up to?”

“Nothing.” Tess says innocently

“What have you heard?” Maria asks.

“Oh My Gosh. Did you see mousy?”

“What?”

Tess rolls her eyes and sighs. Even though Maria rules the school, she could be so oblivious sometimes. How was it that she was one of the most popular girls of the school but rarely knew what was going on? Maria was never this way before. She use to be up on her game but now she was different. She had changed. And in Tess’ opinion, it wasn’t for the better. If Maria didn’t get her act together, their stock would plummet. Let’s face it; there were many girls ready to take her place.

“Who would have thought that little, mousy Liz Parker had it in her? She put on a peep show for the entire junior hall and I swear she wasn’t even wearing a bra.” Tess informs.

“Hmm…Come to think of it, maybe we should try that look for a game or two.” Tess ponders.

“Yea…that would go over well with coach.”

“It would. It would more than double attendance. He would have to thank us.” Tess beams.

“Tess, you are SO in need of some help.” Maria laughs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Around the same time, a little further down the hall a frustrated Max Evans was still trying to locate Liz. Since when has it been this hard to find her? Any other time, he would have run into her at least twice by now. He checked all the usual spots. He knew her schedule for every semester he gets a copy of it from one of the sophomore girls that works in the counseling office. This was Liz’s free period and she was normally in the library but she wasn’t there today. He was about to give up hope of finding her when he noticed a miracle before him. There stood her best friend, Alex. He would certainly know where she was.

Relief immediately floods through him and he calls out “Hey, Alex.”

Alex hears an unfamiliar voice call his name. He stops walking and turns around to see whom the voice belongs to. The only person that seems to be focusing on him is Max Evans but there was no way that Max would be calling him in the middle of a crowded hallway so Alex turns back around and continues to walk towards his British Lit class.

“Alex”, he hears again. He turns around again and this time Max Evans approaches him. ‘What the hell is going on?’ Alex thinks to him self, “First Maria Deluca wants to join his band and now Max Evans is calling him in the middle of the hall. He must have him confused with some other guy named Alex or he was on Candid Camera.’ Alex takes a quick peek around to see if he notices any cameras.

“Yea.” Alex answers bewildered.

“You’re Liz Parker’s friend, right?” Max asks.

“Yea.” He answers hesitantly, “Why do you ask?”

“Do you know where she is? I can’t find her any where.”

‘Why would Max Evans be looking for Liz?’ he thinks to him self. Alex feels himself go into big brother mode. “Why?” he asks as his tone indicates to Max that he’s not giving him any information until he knows what’s going on. Max may be the ‘big man on campus’ and able to kick his ass but this was concerning Liz and he was very protective of her. Besides, Michael would have his back and Michael could definitely give him a run for his money.

“I need some help in biology and Mr. Nelson suggested I get Liz’s help.” Max answers.

“Oh. Well in that case, she’s in the auditorium practicing.” Alex answers a little relieved that his behavior didn’t offend Max.

“Thanks man.” Max smiles and walks away.

Alex lets out the breath he was holding. Even though he was willing to take an ass whipping on the behalf of Liz, he wasn’t looking forward to it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After Max left, Alex starts his way to class but stops when he sees Maria and Tess speaking at her locker. He forgot to give Maria his address. He takes a few seconds to ponder the situation. He wasn’t sure if he should go up to her now in the middle of the hall for everyone to witness. Maria had been nice to him earlier and risked popularity suicide when she hugged him but he was sure that she wouldn’t want to chance it again. But this was business. This was important and in his opinion more important than high school popularity. This was possibly his future. So he decides to risk it and walks over to Maria causing Tess to stop in mid sentence.

“You bi…EXCUSE YOU”, Tess says to Alex while looking at him as if he were insane. What did this geek want? The nerve of him she thinks. Didn’t he know the school’s hierarchy?

Alex looks at Tess clearly amused by her feistiness. He gives her a once over and turns his attention to Maria. Tess stares at him in shock. She couldn’t believe that Alex Whitman just gave her the once over look of dismissal.

“Maria, I’m sorry to interrupt but I forgot to give you my address.” Alex says while handing Maria a piece of paper.

“Thanks, Alex. I’ll see you later.” Maria smiles warmly.

Alex turns around to see Tess still sporting the same look with her mouth wide open.

He smirks while saying, “You know, there was a fly flying around earlier so you may want to close that.” He turns and winks at Maria and walks away.

Maria bursts out in laughter. She clearly had Alex Whitman, computer geek extraordinaire, pegged wrong. Once you got to know him, he was kind of cool.

“What the hell was that?” Tess asks as the shock starts to wear off and is replaced by fury.

“Calm down, Tess.” Maria laughs. She could actually see smoke fuming out of Tess’ ears, which causes her to laugh even more. She looks like a cartoon character, beet red and about to blow.

“Calm down, Tess! Alex Whitman just dissed me in front of the entire school!” Tess exaggerates.

“I don’t think anyone was really paying that much attention to us.” Maria dismisses.

“Since When?”

“Even if they were, who cares?”

“I care and since when are you all buddy buddy with the geeks of the school.” Tess questions. “Why is he giving you his address?”

“He’s… just helping me with some… school work. There’s no need in getting your panties all in a bunch.” Maria lies. When dealing with Tess it was better to pacify her than being honest. She wouldn’t be able to handle the truth yet.

Tess eyes Maria closely. She knows that Maria is hiding something from her but she decides to drop it. She would use her ‘inspector snoop o’ skills later to find out what was really up with Maria and Alex.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Hey Max, wait up.” Kyle Valenti says as he ambles his way through the crowd to catch up to Max.

“What’s up, Kyle?” Max says to his teammate and best friend of three years. The two of them were so much alike yet so different, that the only way to describe them would be organized chaos. Their friendship was formed though their love of sports, specifically basketball. They played so well together. They complimented each other. Coach Duvall was very pleased with this fact. In his opinion it showed that they were team players. Phillip Evans however, viewed it as a weakness. It was a sore spot for father and son. Phillip Evans felt that recruiters would view it as being too dependent on one another and in his opinion; Coach Duvall should give Max playtime when Kyle wasn’t on the court. This would teach him to be more self-reliant. Even though both boys were on the same team now, it didn’t mean that they would be on the same team in college or even the NBA. Not that Phillip Evans had anything against Kyle; in fact he actually liked Kyle. He had a quick wit but quick wit or not, Phillip Evans had big plans for Max.

Kyle falls in step with Max and says, “Hey did you see that Liz Parker girl?”

At the mention of Liz’s name, Max’s interest is immediately piqued. “No”

“I never knew that Miss Brainiac was so hot. She gave me a major boner.” Kyle gushes.

At the utterance of that last statement, Max’s whole body tenses up and he wants to rip Kyle’s head off for talking about his Liz like that. His Liz? Where the hell did that come from? But still he couldn’t stop the feeling of possessiveness he was feeling toward her.

“What the hell are you talking about?” He barks at Kyle.

Kyle is a little taken aback by his attitude but he answers, “Just a few minutes ago she was dancing in the hall. Her shirt was rising up. It was like she was giving a strip tease. I was like seconds away from pulling out a dollar bill.” Kyle continues, “But then to the disappointment of all, some tall lanky kid comes and stops her. I bet she’s a fire cracker in the sack.”

Max loses all self-control and grabs Kyle by the collar pushing him into the locker. Max roars “Don’t you ever talk about Liz that way again.”

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” Kyle stares at him wide eyed. “Are you hot for her or something?” Kyle had never seen his friend this worked up over a girl. He never had this reaction about Maria.

Max blinks a few times and lets go of Kyle realizing that he was causing a scene. Every eye was now focused on him. He loved attention but not this kind.

“No. Not even a little. It’s just that she’s different. She’s not like most girls in this school. She deserves respect.” Max answers Kyle having mumbled the last sentence. “I’m sorry man. I don’t know what came over me. I’m just dealing with some things right now that are stressing the fuck out of me.”

Kyle eyes Max cautiously and grins, “Don’t worry about it. It’s no big deal. Just don’t let it happen again or I’ll have to kick your ass.”

“Like that would ever happen.” Max jokes along trying to ease the tension. As they reach Kyle’s world history class, Max speaks, “And Kyle, Liz Parker is off limits.” His tone indicates to Kyle that he was serious. Max Evans had just laid claim to Liz Parker.

“Some how, I already knew that.” Kyle smirks and walks into his history class.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TBC...
Last edited by behrlyliz on Wed May 11, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 5 pg 7 - 01/06/05

Post by behrlyliz »

A/N Hope everyone had a great New Year. This chapter was kind of rushed so I apologize in advance. I'm not happy with this chapter at all. The song Maria sings during the audition is Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne. It's such a great song but I can't take credit for it. Thanks as always to everyone for the encouraging fb.

purpleant
spacegal17 - I haven't decided if I'm using that story line yet. Just remember that although this fic is based on the concept of OTH, it may not necessarily follow the show's story line entirely.
Emz80m
begonia9508
tequathisy - Max goes after Liz because he likes her at first but once Michael tries out for the team, he may have additional motivation for pursing Liz. I'm not saying that he will but I can't promise that Max wont sleep with Tess but remember that I'm a dreamer. So you at least know how it ends.
dreamer19
RoninBehr
roswellluver
Bdjamilah - Thanks for checking this fic out
CherryFlavoredChica
abbs007
frenchkiss70
Anya

Chapter 5

After entering his World History class, Kyle sits down in his seat, takes out his World History book and starts trying to complete last night’s homework. Tess enters the classroom and takes a seat in front of Kyle. She turns around in her seat and faces him.

“You always did live by the motto, ‘why do today, what you can do tomorrow’” Tess grimaces.

“And damn proud of it.” Kyle grins and winks.

Tess rolls her eyes and takes her homework out of her folder and passes it to Kyle. “Here. It takes less time.”

Kyle gives her another hundred-watt smile. “Thanks doll.”

Just before entering the classroom, Pam Troy pulled Tess to the side and proceeded to tell her of what had just transpired between Max and Kyle. Tess silently cursed Alex Whitman for causing her to miss such an event. This was MAJOR and she had to get all of the details. Why would Max practically attack his best friend over mousy, Liz Parker? It made absolutely no sense to her. Was Max getting tired of Maria? Maria hadn’t mentioned any type of problems they were having. Was Max interested in Liz? She could only hope so for Liz Parker would be no competition. She wanted Max something awful but couldn’t really act on it considering that Maria could squash her like a bug if she found out and make her a big nobody in school. But if Max broke up with Maria, then he was fair game. Lucky for her that she sat in front of Kyle and was wearing her favorite red blouse. He had been trying to get in her pants for months. She would use that to her advantage to get all of the glorious details.

She smiles sweetly and leans over his desk, giving him a nice glimpse of her ample cleavage, “Don’t mention it Kyle.”

She smiles inwardly when she notices his eyes zero in on her assets. ‘Got him.’ she thinks triumphantly to herself. Kyle raises his eyes to hers and she seductively licks her lips and asks in her most sincere voice, “Kyle, I heard about the little tiff between you and Max. I hope everything is okay.”

“Yea. Everything’s fine. Just a little misunderstanding. No biggie.” Kyle informs.

Tess glances around and lowers her voice to a whisper, “I heard that it was over Liz Parker. Is that true?”

“Why are you interested Tess?”

“Just trying to look out for my girl.” Tess answers.

“Riiight. More like looking out for self.” Kyle smirks.

Tess sighs in annoyance, “Just answer the question Kyle.”

Kyle leans forward a little and feigns hurt, “And here I thought that you were concerned with my well being.”

Kyle knew exactly what she was doing. He knew that she wasn’t the least bit interested in him. The past four months of fruitless attempts had taught him that. Besides Tess was interested in Max. Max and he both knew it. But he would play along for now; it might even get him some ass.

“Let’s just cut to the chase. What’s the 411 on Max and Maria? And what exactly does Liz Parker have to do with any of this? Is Max into Liz?” Tess inquires while giving up on pleasantries.

“Maria is YOUR best friend. Just ask her. Why should I tell you anything? What’s in it for me?”

Kyle was no Max but he was doable if need be. Hell, she might even enjoy it. She had heard the tales of his bedroom repertoire. For only sixteen years old, he was definitely skilled in the bedroom. She looked at it like this, if this was the price to pay to get next to Max Evans, then she would grin and bear it. For when it was over, the ends would surely justify the means.

After his question, Kyle’s gaze once again returned to her bosom. There was no denying what he wanted. She places her right index finger under his chin and lifts his chin so that they lock eyes and answers, “me.”

Kyle shifts a little in his seat. His pants were becoming a little tight in a particular area. He cocks an eyebrow and asks huskily, “when?”

“I’d say this weekend after Pam’s party is looking pretty sweet. But only if you tell me everything. Is Max and Maria dunzo?”

“I’d say that’s affirmative.” Kyle answers.

Tess nearly squeals out loud in delight but regains a semblance of self-control. “Is he interested in Liz?”

“You sure are interested in Liz. Are you jealous of her?”

“Huh…Tess Harding is jealous of no one. Little MOUSY Liz Parker couldn’t hold a candle to me.”

“I beg to differ. Little mousy Liz Parker has been looking quite scrumptious lately.” Kyle interjects.

“Oh please. Mousy is no competition.”

“Care to place a little wager on it?” Kyle propositions.

“What do you mean?”

“I bet you fifty dollars that once Max ends things with Maria, he pursues Liz.”

“I’ll take that bet but let’s make it interesting. I bet you two hundred dollars that I can land Max Evans in my bed in less than two months once he ends things with Maria.” Tess stakes full of confidence.

Kyle shakes his head to show his disagreement, “No No No. That’s too easy. Max is after all a full-blooded male and would never turn down a fuck if the girl were attractive enough; and that you clearly are. So let’s make this wager fair. I bet you two hundred dollars that Liz Parker captures Max’s heart in less than three months…so what do you say? Care to accept the challenge?”

“Sure. Let’s establish the rules. NO LOOSE LIPS…meaning no one hears of this especially Maria. No side deals. This is between you and I. The standard break up and on to the next is about a months so let’s give Max three months time to get mousy to fall in love with him or three months to fall in love with me. May the best girl win and she will. And Kyle, this negates our previous little arrangement.” Tess smiles and holds out her hand for Kyle to shake.

Kyle shakes her hand to finalize the wager. He chuckles, “Oh but this is so worth it. You might as well just hand over my money.”

This was a sure win for Kyle. Although Tess was one of the school’s elite, Max never pursued her. She just wasn’t his type. Max is the type of guy that likes challenges and Tess would be nothing to him but an easy lay. He would definitely do her a few times and quickly discard her for she was not the type of girl that could hold his interest for very long. Kyle often wondered why he never went after her for a little extra curricular fun, especially considering that he was tiring of Maria. He knew for a fact that Tess would be down. She would probably keep it on the low if necessary. But the only thought Max Evans ever gave to Tess Harding was when he tried to hook Kyle up with her.

“Kyle, you truly under estimate me. That’s your biggest mistake.”

“No Tessie dear. That’s your mistake. You clearly under estimate Liz Parker. Here’s a little 411. First of all, Max is partial to short, mousy brunettes. Secondly, he’s warned me to stay clear of her. Thirdly, Max is way past interested. All he has to do is convince Liz to go out with him a few times and she’s putty in his hands, besides what girl can resist Max Evans in this school.”

Tess shakes her head a little while her face shows the emotion of false pity and laughs, “That would be so true if we were talking about any other girl besides mousy. She’s an odd one. And here’s a little 411 for you Kyle, Liz Parker loathes the ground Max Evans walks on. She can’t stand him. So you see Kyle…Max Evans will be mine. MINE and no one else’s.”

“Tess, have you ever heard the saying, ‘there’s a thin line between love and hate?’ Have you even considered that maybe…just maybe Max and Liz’s indifference toward one another is just a way to mask interest?” Kyle asserts. “All that animosity could just be pent up passion.”

But before Tess can reply, the final bell rings and Mrs. Tedor enters beginning class.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Max quietly enters the dimly lit auditorium and makes his way down the stairs towards the stage. The sound of Britney Spears’ Toxic is blasting from the boom box. Liz is the picture of perfection on stage and the sight quickly mesmerizes him. The only way to describe it would be pretty in pink. She’s wearing a pink, sweater knit, wrap front jacket over a classic pink leotard, pink thigh high leg warmers cover her pink tights and pink Pointe shoes. Even though her hair is piled up high and twisted around into a knot, tiny wisps of hair due to perspiration frame her face. She dances a flawless routine executing each step cleanly with no mistakes. She’s so engrossed in the routine letting the music carry her through the dance that she doesn’t realize that she’s being watched. It’s not until she ends the dance with continuous fouette turns that she feels the back of her neck heat up to the presence of someone.

Max clears his throat causing Liz to quickly turn around and face him. Her body posture immediately stiffens as recognition dawns on her as to the identity of the intruder. Her chest heaves up and down as she tries to even out her breathing. She walks over to the boom box and turns off the song. As she makes her way to the edge of the stage, Max watches her uneasily, not knowing what to say so he compliments her saying “Wow! You dance beautifully.”

She wearily glances down on him while her eyebrows furrow in uncertainty. She didn’t really know how to perceive Max at the moment. He was never friendly with her or complimented her on anything. She bites her lower lip and tentatively responds, “Thank you.”

Uncomfortable silence surrounds them as they both survey their environment. It’s so quiet that a pin drop would be heard.

Liz breaks the silence, “If you’re meeting anyone, I’m the only one here. I haven’t seen anyone else come in.”

“No. Actually, I want you.” Max places his hands in his pockets and lifts his head bringing his gaze to her. The sentence carried a double meaning that his eyes couldn’t hide.

His eyes darken as their eyes meet causing a small gasp to escape her mouth and she raises her small hand nervously to play with her necklace. His gaze was so intense, temporarily paralyzing Liz as his eyes bore into her soul and she feels herself getting lost in amber pools. It was as if he could read all of her secret desires. Her eyes widen in shock and she swiftly shakes herself out of the stupor his stare left her in.

Surely she misunderstood him. There was no way she heard him say that he wanted her, “Excuse me?”

Max’s cheeks heat up and he clarifies immediately, “What I meant is that I was looking for you.”

Max was openly gawking at her and he couldn’t help it. She was so beautiful. There were so many words that could be used to describe Liz. She was the complete package. She was intelligent, funny, spunky and beautiful. There was an innocence about her that was sexy as hell and she possessed a wit that would even make Kyle proud. She was an angel dressed in pink. His angel. It was in that moment that all of the old buried feelings he felt for her resurfaced. They were so profound. He had never felt this way about anyone. Not even Maria. What he felt for Maria wasn’t even one tenth of what he was feeling now for Liz. It frightened him. The only other thing he ever felt this passionately for was basketball. Basketball. The thought was a slap in the face bringing him back to reality. A reality where he would be off of the team if he didn’t pass biology and a reality where she hated him. He couldn’t fault her for that, considering he was always a jerk to her.

“You were looking for me?” She questions while pointing to herself.

“Yea.” Max answers. He didn’t want to come right out and ask for her help so he changes the subject, “That didn’t look like any dance from the Nutcracker.”

She tilts her head to the side and gives him a genuine smile while slightly shaking her head. She was astonished that he would know anything about the Nutcracker, “Um…no…that wasn’t from the Nutcracker. That was all me. The Roswell Community Center is having a talent show next month and I was practicing for it.”

In addition to the talent show, this year Liz was playing Clara in Roswell’s annual performance of the Nutcracker that was sponsored by the Roswell Arts Center but the official announcement had not been made yet so she was a little surprised that Max mentioned it. She cocks an eyebrow and asks, “Why would you mention the Nutcracker anyway?”

He lowers his head in embarrassment. He didn’t want Liz to think that he kept track of her goings-on. “I couldn’t find you around the school and I ran into Alex. He said that you were in here practicing… and I thought you were playing Clara in the Nutcracker so I just assumed that you were practicing for it.”

“I am playing Clara but that hasn’t been announced yet. How did you know?”

“My mom is on the Art Center’s Board of Directors. She actually helps coordinate the annual Christmas performance and she mentioned that you were playing Clara this year.” Max answers. “Congratulations by the way. It must be exciting to play the lead character.”

“Thank you. It’s so exciting. You know the best part of playing Clara is getting to sit back and watch the other dancers perform during the second act. But it’s much more than playing the lead. I love everything about the Nutcracker. It’s so magical and you get caught up in the drama of it. I can’t wait for opening night.” Liz gushes. The smile she gives him radiates her whole face causing her eyes to twinkle in excitement.

That smile slowly dies as she realizes that she’s having an actual decent conversation with Max Evans without him acting like a jerk which brings her back to the fact that he was looking for her. It’s very evident to her that he wants something. He must want it pretty badly with the way he was dishing out the compliments and congratulatory remarks.

The tone of her voice changes and Max notices a change in her demeanor as she asks, “Max what do you want? You are NEVER nice to me.”

“I’m not THAT bad.” Max chuckles lightly.

Liz crosses her arms over her chest and speaks harshly, “Yes you are.”

Everything had been going well up until this point and he expected as much. You can’t just wash away four years of treating someone like crap with one civil conversation.

“Today I didn’t do too well on the bio test. I actually failed it.”

“Could have fooled me with that one.” Liz interrupts sarcastically.

Max ignores her remark and continues, “Unfortunately, that score has me now failing the class which means that I’m off of the Comets. But Mr. Nelson is allowing me to retest next week. He suggested that I ask you for help since we are lab partners and you do very well in the class.”

While keeping her facial expression impassive, Liz sits down on the edge of the stage. On the outside she shows indifference but inside, she’s gloating.

“Let me get this straight. You’re failing bio and you need me to tutor you so that you can take a retest to remain on the basketball team?” She states rather than questions.

Max nods his head mutely.

Liz jumps off of the stage and stands directly in front on Max. “I remember asking you countless times to assist me with the labs to no avail. I do all of the work while you joke around with your buddies. You’re a slacker. My only consolation is in the fact that the labs are only twenty five percent of our grades. I would hate for you to truly reap the rewards of MY hard work. Thank goodness there is justice in this world. Max Evans, I would not help you if my scholarship to Harvard depended on it. I would rather be a wino on the side on the road than help you cause at least I would have satisfaction in knowing that you are a wino on that same road.”

Instead of being pissed or hurt, Max looks at Liz in amusement. ‘She is a feisty one’ he thinks to himself approvingly. He smirks and responds to her rant, “So little Lizzie Parker has the hots for me. I’m flattered that you would forego Harvard just to be near me on Wino Boulevard.”

He may have been nice to her earlier but the real Max Evans just made an appearance.
“You are such a selfish, egotistical, condescending ass! Besides your looks, you have nothing going on for your self.” Liz fumes.

An amused Max flirtatiously grins at an infuriated Liz despite her rage, “So you think I’m cute?”

“Ugh!” Liz screams as she pounds her fists onto her thighs and makes her way up the auditorium stairs without a glance behind her. A faint mumbling of something about a jerk can be heard as the auditorium door slams behind her hard.

Max watches her retreat out of the auditorium with a half smile playing at the side of his lips. He chuckles lightly to him self. One would think that he would be depressed knowing that he needed Liz’s help but he was invigorated. All was not lost. He now knew that Liz did not completely hate him. She would be willing to help him with the right amount of persuasion. It was going to be hard to convince her to help him but he was up for the challenge. He was always up for a challenge especially if it involved Liz.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Isabel Evans sits outside on the fourth step of the bleachers watching the class of freshman students run laps. A light gust of wind sweeps past her causing her hair to fly around her. She leans her head back closing her eyes, enjoying the cool breeze. She feels movement on the bleachers and hears his voice. A smile spreads across her lips.

“I knew I would find you out here skipping study hall.” He says.

“I could say the same. When I last checked, I believe we shared that same study hall.” Isabel says quizzically.
“Is it me or does Mrs. Tedor’s voice take on a screeching, irritating, high pitch sound when she talks about Egypt?” Michael asks.

Isabel laughs shaking her head, “I thought it was just me. I can’t wait until they finish this unit on Egypt. I don’t think my ears can take it for much longer.”

“Here, here sister.” Michael agrees and the two share a laugh.

Michael sits down next to her on the bleacher as a comfortable silence surrounds them. Isabel was the only member of the Evans clan that Michael could tolerate. She was so unlike Max. Ever since the scandal and her fall from grace, she and Michael developed a loving, sibling relationship. In the beginning, Michael regarded her as a cautious acquaintance but the more time he spent with Isabel, the more he came to regard her as his sister. Even his mother was beginning to warm up to Isabel.

This relationship was unknown to Isabel’s family. Phillip Evans and Max would not take to kindly to her associating with Michael. She loved her father and brother very much but she abhorred her father’s treatment of Michael. She didn’t understand her father’s rationale concerning him. How could he deny his own son? Even though her father was extremely tough on Max, he didn’t reject him. He was an active part of Max’s life and she knew that he loved both she and Max very much in his own unique way. Why couldn’t he feel the same for Michael? Michael was a great person and it was a shame that her father didn’t know this about his son.

Last year Isabel was a member of the school’s elite. She was Miss popularity and co-captain of the cheerleading team. She hung with the in crowd until her secret relationship with one of her teachers came to light. They were intimately involved and the school ran rampant with all of the defaming gossip. She was quickly thwarted from her throne and would have become a nobody if it weren’t for Max. He dared anyone to treat her disrespectfully. She was treated as a member of the in crowd when Max was around. But everyone basically avoided her like the plague when he wasn’t around. That is everyone but Michael. Michael was there for her. He didn’t judge her. After all of the horrible things she did, he took the chance to get to know her. She was grateful for him. Grateful that she had two brothers that loved her unconditionally. This whole experience changed Isabel for the better. Gone were her glacial layers being replaced by a generous and caring spirit. She learned that popularity wasn’t important; what really mattered was what was on the inside.

Phillip Evans was on a rampage when he learned of this relationship between Isabel and her teacher. He threatened suit against the county school system and have Jesse Ramirez jailed for statutory rape. Diane Evans and Isabel pleaded with Phillip to just let the issue rest. Diane reasoned that Isabel had been through enough and didn’t need more damaging publicity that would surely come from a court case. Diane tried everything to get Phillip to drop the case but he wouldn’t hear of it. She tried to reason with him that their business would suffer but it wasn’t until she mentioned that the publicity could be very negative for Max’s basketball career that he gave up the suit. That however, didn’t stop him from beating the crap out of Jesse Ramirez for taking advantage of his baby girl. The school fired Jesse and he moved away to Boston.

“You know I’m going to the Green Day concert this weekend. Liz actually got the tickets. She has an extra ticket and I’m sure that I can get her to give it to you. That is if you want to come.” Michael starts.

“Liz invited me earlier today.”

“She did?” Michael asks surprised that Liz didn’t mention it to him.

“Yea she did. Liz is great.”

“So you two are becoming friends?” Michael quizzes

“Yea you could say that. We understand each other. We share something in common.” Isabel smiles speaking of Michael.

Michael was thrilled that his best friend and sister were becoming friends. Liz and Isabel were two of the three most important women in his life.

“I know how much you love the Whits so why don’t you come with me to their auditions today after school?”

“Really, Could I? You don’t think they would mine?” Isabel shyly inquires. She loved the Whits. And more importantly, she really liked Alex. He was so down to earth and had a unique sense of humor that constantly kept her laughing. He was the first guy that she warmed up to since Jesse. She certainly would not pass up a chance to see him.

“Trust me. It wouldn’t be a problem.” Michael answers with an inward chuckle. Alex wouldn’t mind at all he thinks to himself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Alex’s garage

Maria nervously sits in Alex’s garage on a bar stool with her guitar in hand. She could really use a pencil right about now to tap. She was so nervous that her palms were sweating. She prayed that the band wouldn’t laugh at her song. It was the first time she ever played it for anyone to hear. She was feeling vulnerable right now. What if they think it sucks? What if they laugh at it? What if they tell everyone at school?

Alex senses her discomfort and walks over to her intent on easing her fears. “Don’t worry. You’ll be great.”

“Alex. I really appreciate this opportunity to audition and thank you for taking my songs seriously. My own boyfriend didn’t.”

“Maria, I didn’t lie when I told you that your songs were good. They really are. Besides, I would have to be a special kind of stupid not to see their worth.” Alex tries to lighten the mood. “Now I can’t wait to hear them. Are you ready?”

Maria nods her head. She decided to play the song unaccompanied on her acoustic guitar. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. Her finger plucks the guitar string and she begins her song just as Michael and Isabel make their way into the garage.

I couldn’t tell you
Why she felt that way, she felt it everyday
And I couldn’t help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again

What’s wrong, what’s wrong now?
Too many, too many problems

Don’t know where she belongs, Where she belongs
She wants to go home, but nobody’s home
It’s where she lies, Broken inside
With no place to go, No place to go
To dry her eyes, Broken inside

Open your eyes
And look outside, find the reasons why
You’ve been rejected
And now you can’t find what you’ve left behind

Be strong, be strong now
Too many, too many problems

Her feelings she hides
Her dreams she can’t find
She’s losing her mind
She’s fallen behind
She can’t find her place
She’s losing her faith
She’s fallen from grace
She’s all over the place
Yea

She’s lost inside, lost inside
Oh oh
She’s lost inside, lost inside
Oh oh

Maria opens her eyes and lets out another breath when she finishes the song. She glances to her right and notices the awestruck expressions of The Whits. She glances to her left and the sight before her causes Maria’s eyes to widen in shock as she spots Michael and Isabel staring at her in disbelief.

“OH MY GOSH” Maria says trying to control the pounding in her chest. ‘What is Isabel doing her? Isabel was sure to tell someone. Could this be any worse?’ she thinks to herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After detention, Liz stands outside on the black top of the school’s nearly empty parking lot. Where is Alex? She tries his cell again, only to get his voicemail. If he didn’t get here soon, she would be late for rehearsals. Just as she finishes that thought, thunder roars through the darkening sky as small drops of water begin to fall.

“Perfect. Just perfect.” Liz groans. The Weather Man didn’t forecast rain so she didn’t bring an umbrella with her to school. She turns around intent on going back into the school building as the beeping of a horn gains her attention. She turns back around to see none other than Max Evans in his raggedy old jeep.

“Care for a lift from a selfish, egotistical, condescending ass?” Max smirks.

Tbc…
Last edited by behrlyliz on Wed May 11, 2005 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,PG13/NC17) Ch 6 pg 8 - 01/24/05

Post by behrlyliz »

A/N. Hi everyone. Just wanted to clear some things up concerning this fic. I cannot stress enough that the concept for this fic was taken from One Tree Hill. I've added the Roswell characters and fashioned them after the OTH characters. For example, Max is fashioned after OTH's Nathan, that's why Max is such a jerk. In the first season of OTH, Nathan was an ass but his love for Hailey changed him and he's now an okay guy. You will see a similar transformation with Max. Being with Liz will change him for the better. Also, even though this fic uses OTH's concept, it will NOT necessarily follow the show so don't expect me to follow every thing that happens on the show. Some things I may choose to follow and some things I may not and I will add a lot of my own ideas as well. I hope this clears things up. And again, I want to thank everyone for reading my story. It's an honor to have you read it and especially leave feed back :D . It just encourages me to continue. Thanks to the following for feedback 8) :

Begonia 9508
frechkiss70
Jason's lover - Thanks for updating New York State of Mind- Don't let Liz's parents react to harshly to Max and Liz's intimacy.
Kittens
RoninBehr
CherryFlavoredChica
Blink1lit
Emz80m- I'm so loving Postponing Forever
OmegaRam1
purpleant
abbs007-chapter 7 will show pick up in Alex's garage
foreverdreamer15- I love Believing in Destiny. I always like the concept of Liz being an alien
tabata
roswellluver

Chapter 6

“Care for a lift?” He repeats the question.

There is no time to contemplate the offer as the precipitation changes from random drops to a steady pour of chilly showers. ‘Great’ Liz thinks to herself as she glances to the school building, which was further in proximity than the dry confines of Max’s jeep. If only she knew how to drive a stick shift, then she would not be in the predicament of being dependent on another person for transportation. Too bad Michael was still on restriction and couldn’t teach her to drive a stick. She lets out a capitulated breath and runs around to the passenger side of Max’s jeep.

Liz sits down in the passenger seat and closes the door. She turns to Max and gives a timid smile while her cheeks turn crimson with discomfiture.

“Where to?” He asks while grinning at her uneasiness. He knew that she was embarrassed, having just read him the riot act a couple of hours earlier.

She places a stray wisp of damp hair behind her ear and bites on her lower lip, “Um…down town…I have rehearsals tonight at the Arts Center.”

“For the Nutcracker?”

“Yes. It’s our first night of rehearsals. We have a new choreographer and I would really like to make a good first impression by at least arriving on time.” She keeps her eyes on her hands laying in her lap. “Alex was supposed to pick me up but I don’t know what’s taking him so long. He’s not answering his cell either. But thank you for taking me. I really appreciate it.”

Max notices that she’s still uncomfortable and is avoiding eye contact with him. ‘She looks so cute all flustered’ he thinks to himself. He decides to tease her a bit. “It’s no problem. So…do you… still think I’m a selfish, egotistical, condescending ass?”

Liz raises her gaze to him wide eyed while her cheeks flush scarlet and tries to stumble with some sort of apology until she notices the amused twinkle of his eyes. She narrows her eyebrows and decides to tease back, “Although, you giving me a ride on this rainy day is a selfless act, in all honesty I would have to say that you’re still an ass.”

“Hey!” Max exclaims in pseudo indignation “ I call myself doing a good deed by giving you a ride in Bob and you insult me.”

“Bob?” She inquires and raises an eyebrow.

Max nods in the affirmative.

Liz chuckles lightly, “You actually named this piece of junk?”

Max interrupts her fit of giggles and teasingly admonishes “Now it’s one thing to insult me but I’ll be damned if I let you insult Bob. He IS getting you to your destination in a comfortable dry environment. I have half a mind to put you out and make you walk the rest of the way.”

“If you put me out of this car and make me walk all the way to the Arts Center, I promise you, tomorrow morning you will wake up and find this raggedy ass old jeep of yours sitting in your driveway blown the fuck up.” Liz threatens while giggling.

“Don’t listen to her Bob.”

Both teens explode into laughter. As their communal laughter subsides some, Liz asks, “But seriously Max, why do you drive around in Bob? Your dad owns Evans Motors and you could probably have any car you want. Why this beat up ol...” Liz pauses when she notices Max’s warning look and finishes the question with “Why Bob?”

“Because Bob is all mine. I worked every summer at the YMCA, coaching the summer youth basketball teams. I saved every paycheck and bought Bob. Of course my mother had to sign for it considering that I was too young to legally be on the title. But never the less, Bob’s 100% mine and I did it all on my own with out the assistance of Phillip.” Max spoke having spat out his father’s name.

Liz tilts her head to the side and gives Max a sideways glance. She was stunned beyond belief. Max Evans was clearly sitting in the driver’s seat but his honest admission left her feeling that if she looked in the back seat she would find Michael doing a ventriloquism act. His words were so Michael like. She always heard the rumors of Phillip Evans being hard on Max but his admission just painted truth to those rumors. Michael and Max were more alike than either one of them realized, both having contempt for their father to a certain degree yet both silently needing his approval.

She’s brought out of her thoughts by the sound of Max asking if she were all right. She shakes her head to clear her mind and replies, “Yea, I’m fine. It’s just that you remind me of someone.”

“Really, who?” Max inquires.

Choosing not to open that can of worms, she quickly changes the subject. “No one. Anyway, I apologize for making fun of Bob. I didn’t know the back-story concerning him. I now have nothing but respect for Bob.”

Confusion clouds Max’s face, “You respect Bob?”

“Yes. I respect what he represents.”

“That being?”

“Independence, hard work and your accomplishment.” Liz smiles and adds, “I’ll admit, you’re not as selfish in my eyes as you use to be. I mean, giving of yourself to all of those kids at the Y every summer really speaks of your character. You didn’t have to do it. I can tell by the looks of Bob that the pay wasn’t the best but you did it anyway. You could have easily worked for daddy and received a cushy paycheck but you chose to give of yourself instead. That’s commendable.”

He’s a little taken a back by her accolade but glances at her giving her a genuine smile. Deciding to lighten the mood a little he says, “Wow Liz Parker is actually dishing out compliments.”

“Don’t get use to it. Besides your still an egotistical, condescending, ass” She smirks. She notices how beautiful his smile is when he isn’t giving her his trademark smirk; another similarity Michael and he shares. She stares at his lips as if in a trance and unconsciously licks her lips. Her gaze then travels slowly up his face until she’s looking intently into his soulful hazel eyes and leaning slightly toward him.

Max notices her actions and feels his body start to respond to the sight of her licking her lips. ‘Okay, don’t blow this. You’re having a decent conversation with her and even though she has just licked her lips and is leaning towards you, that doesn’t mean she’s coming on to you. Think about mud and not her luscious, ruby-red, lips. MUD…MUD…MUD’ is the internal battle going on inside of him.

The clearing of his throat brings Liz out of her Max induced daze. Realization hits her and she inwardly groans because she’s been caught ogling him and was she about to kiss Max Evans? Mortified, she leans forward placing her face in her hands. “OH MY GOSH.”

“Liz, it’s okay. Don’t be embarrassed.” Max tries to ease her fears.

“No it isn’t.”

“It’s not that serious. It was actually kind of cute. I’m flattered.”

“How can you say that? I just openly gawked at you.”

“You’re making more out of this than necessary.”

“Max, I’m not that type of girl. I know you’re probably use to it and have girls throwing themselves at you all of the time but that’s not me. You have a girlfriend and I just disrespected her. And if you’re okay with it, well then what does that say about your perception of me?”

Max opens his mouth to interrupt her tirade but she holds her hand up to stop him. “You must think that I’m some sort of ho.”

Max pulls up into the parking lot of the Arts Center and parks the jeep in a vacant parking space. He turns his body so that he faces her, “Liz.”

She continues as if speaking to herself, “I mean wouldn’t I have to be to knowingly come on to another girl’s boyfriend?”

He scratches behind his ear and grabs her hand, “Liz you are not a ho. I could never think that about you. I have nothing but respect for you. You’re a beautiful, intelligent goddess. It’s okay to admire someone. I mean it’s not your fault that I’m exceptionally good looking.”

Liz looks up at him and notices his infamous smirk. His last sentence and smirk were enough to break her out of her rant. She’s stunned by the slight jolt of electricity coursing through her from the feel of her hand in his. She calms her breathing down and begins her retort, “First of all, no one said anything about you being good looking and secondly, did you just call me beautiful and a goddess?”

She knew that she shouldn’t feel thrilled by his words because he had a girlfriend but she couldn’t help it. No one had ever spoken of her that way. Alex and Michael never called her beautiful. To them she was just one of the guys or maybe more like a sister and it was just ‘ew’ to think of a sister in that kind of way. The only ones to ever call her beautiful were her parents. Did Max Evans really picture her that way or was he just trying to make her feel better? No matter what his motivation was for uttering the compliment, it intrigued her much the same way his poem did when they were in the seventh grade.

Max counters using her words, “First of all, YOU said that I was. Remember today in the auditorium when you said and I quote ‘Besides your looks, you have nothing going on for yourself’. And secondly, I did say that you were beautiful and a goddess.”

As if sensing her unasked question he says, “It’s the truth. The whole truth. That’s how I see you. You’re the most beautiful person to me.”

“Thank you. No one has ever said that about me.” she smiles shyly. “You know, you sure do have this knack of remembering everything I say.”

“I have an excellent memory.” Max states proudly.

“Well if that’s the case how is it that you’re failing bio and how did you even get in advanced placement biology?”

“Don’t ask. Biology seems to be the exception to the rule.” Max laughs and continues in all sincerity “I want to apologize to you for being such a jerk to you. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Max pauses and pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs, “I guess if I’m going to apologize, I should be completely honest. I did mean to hurt you. It’s just that I was hurt when you ended our friendship in seventh grade and I wanted to hurt you like you hurt me. Back then I considered you my best friend so when you stopped talking to me, I lost more than a girl that I was interested in. It became my mission in life to make your life as miserable as my own. I had lots of ‘friends’ but not any true friends and I blamed you. I didn’t get another one until Kyle moved to town. I’m sorry for causing you pain and unwarranted humiliation. I hope you can forgive me because I’d really like to start over with you. I miss you. I miss your friendship. So I offer an olive branch. From this moment on I will stop being a jerk to you and do my share of our labs. Scouts honor”

It takes Liz a second to process all that’s been said. She was grateful that she now had some insight into Max’s mindset. She never understood why he was such a jerk to her but this revelation explained it all. She never knew that he considered her his best friend. Perhaps if she had known she could have handled the situation a little differently. She only considered him a boy that she liked and once she found out that he and his ‘friends’ were bad mouthing Michael, she ended their relationship, after all her loyalties lie with Michael. She had to admit that today she’d been reminded of the boy she knew in the seventh grade and found herself missing him.

“I don’t know if I should believe you since you were NEVER a Boy’s Scout.” Liz ribs “But I accept your olive branch and am willing to wipe the slate clean.”

“You do?” Max breathes a sigh of relief.

“Yes and I will tutor you.”

“Liz, I didn’t tell you all of that so that you would tutor me. I meant everything I said. I honestly want to be friends.” Plus more he silently adds.

“I know you do. That’s why I want to help you. Besides friends help friends.” She grins, “And I’m not completely selfless in my willingness to help you. I am also in need of something and apparently you seem to be the only one I know in a position to help. I see it as a win-win situation for both of us.”

Max looks quizzically at her not understanding how she would benefit from their friendship and what he could possibly possess that she needed.

Liz picks up on his confusion and says, “I have conditions. Firstly, you help with the labs like you said you would and secondly, I couldn’t help but notice that Bob is a five speed and I just need you to teach me how to drive a stick shift.”

“Is that it?”

Liz nods.

“Sure. No problem. So when do we begin the tutoring?”

“Well, we can’t today since we’re rehearsing until 6:00 and after rehearsal I work at the Crash until closing but tomorrow after rehearsals I’m free, say around 6:30.”

“Okay and I can start teaching you to drive some time this weekend.”

After exchanging telephone numbers with Max, Liz grabs her book bag, opens the door and jumps out of the jeep. Max stops her before she can close the door, “Liz.”

“Yea.”

“Thanks. I appreciate your help.” Max smiles warmly.

Liz returns his smile and adds, “Not a problem… friends help friends and that’s what we are now or at least what we’re working on. Max, let’s keep this renewed friendship to ourselves for a little bit. I’d prefer it if Alex and Michael didn’t know about it just yet.”

“Okay.”

Liz closes the door to the jeep and heads into the Arts Center leaving a dazed and thankful Max looking on. Liz was one in a million and he was very grateful. He couldn’t believe that she was willing to be friends with him. He didn’t have to beg and grovel. He only had to be honest. That was definitely a new concept for him. Who knew a little honesty could go along ways?

As amazing as it was to be friends with Liz he wanted more than friendship. It seemed like she was a little into him as well but he knew that Liz was a good girl and wouldn’t give him that kind of a chance as long as he was with Maria. He would have to end things with her. It wasn’t like they were in love with each other. Their relationship was more for show. He was the star of the basketball team and she was the head cheerleader. It was expected that they be together. In the beginning there was an attraction between the two and they shared a common goal, which was to rule the school. But now they were just going through the motions. He was tired of her and he could feel the same vibe off of Maria. He wasn’t going to let his need to rule the school stand in the way of his happiness, for he knew happiness was with Liz. Yep, he would definitely have to end things with Maria.

Max grabs his cell phone and enters the familiar digits. The voicemail comes on and he leaves a message,“Maria, we need to talk. Maybe you can come by later tonight. Hit me back and let me know.” He closes the phone to end the call and speeds out of the Arts Center parking lot.

Tbc…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,PG13/NC17) Ch 7 pg 9 - 02/09/05

Post by behrlyliz »

AN - This part was kind of rushed and I'm not too happy with it but I had to get this story going. I've been writing the same day for 7 chapters now and it was time to move forward :oops:. This chapter starts on the same day but ends the next day during basketball tryouts. And you may notice that I've taken it upon myself to create a new word. And that word is Factly. I know it's not in the dictionary but It worked for me where I needed it. Also, I took a line out of Heart of Mine which is used during Michael and Isabel's conversation. Special thanks to the following for reading and leaving fb

purpleant
begonia9508
Emz80m
Jason's Lover
frenchkiss70 - You're absolutely right, a leopard doesn't change its spots in just one day. Max is treating Liz better but he's still an ass to others.
CherryFlavoredChica
stargrl678
RoninBehr
CandyXDreamer - Thanks for checking out my fic
Alien614 - Thanks for reading
maxandliz4ever1357 - Tess is Brook but she goes after Max instead of Michael
Roswellluver

Chapter 7

Alex’s garage

There’s silence in the garage as everyone gets over the initial shock of Maria DeLuca’s performance. The only sound that can be heard is the vibrating of someone’s cell phone.

Maria stands while placing her guitar on the floor leaning it up against the barstool. She needed to take control of the Isabel situation before the whole school ended up knowing about the audition. She couldn’t afford for Max or Tess to learn of her additional after school activities before she was ready. She looks again over in Isabel’s direction but before she has a chance to speak with her, Alex and the rest of the band approach her. She’s immediately hit with a myriad of ‘wows’ and ‘that was awesome’. Now it’s her turn to be rendered speechless. She’s so surprised that they actually liked her song that she’s barely able to express her thanks.

Some girl that’s sitting on the loveseat near the back of the garage voices rather loudly, “You guys are crazy if you don’t pick her.” She stands up and walks over towards the band and places an arm around lead guitarist, Nicky. Alex rolls his eyes and lets out a groan along with band members Chris and Marcus. Maria smiles picking up on the vibe that she was the band’s ‘Yoko’. She was medium height with piercing green eyes and her hair was bright red, cut in a short pixie type of style. Her presence just screams energetic and Maria immediately likes her.

“Who are you?” Maria asks. She had never seen her around school or at any of the local hangouts.

“I’m Christie Turner.” She answers while holding out her hand for Maria to shake. “I’m sort of like the manager of the band.”

“NOT!” Alex exclaims looking pointedly at Christie, “THIS IS MY BAND.” He turns back around answering Maria’s unasked question, “She’s Nicky’s girlfriend. She attends East Roswell with the rest of the band.”

Maria shakes her hand, “Maria DeLuca. It’s nice to meet you. Cute hair.”

“Thanks.” Christie smiles. “I can totally see you with this cut.”

“Really?” Maria asks trying to picture the cut on herself. “Even with my face shape?”

“Oh Totally.” Corroborates Christie “It would be so cute especially if you dyed your hair jet black or even red. Hell, it would even look cute with you current hair color and just adding a few highlights. I do hair part time at my mom’s salon called Classic Cuts off of Upper East Roswell Blvd. You should come by and let me cut it so that you’ll have a new do to sport since you’ll be the new face of the band.”

Christie could go on for days talking hair. She wasn’t the band’s manager but she was definitely the band’s hair stylist. She was actually a pretty decent hair stylist. She even picked up a couple of clients in Michael and Liz. In fact, she’s the one that gave Michael his spiky do. Deciding to put an end to their conversation, Alex interrupts, “Christie, when I last checked you weren’t a member of the band. But she’s right Maria. We would love for you to join the group. You have that perfect voice that we’ve been looking for. And the fact that you write your own songs is just an added bonus. Would you like to join?”

“I don’t know what to say.” Maria stumbles, “I didn’t even think that you guys would like my song or voice. But you’re serious? You want me to front the band?”

“As a heart attack.” Alex quips while the rest of the guys including Christie nod their heads in agreement.

“Okay. I would love to be a member.” Maria nods her head excitedly.

“Just one thing, though.” Alex starts cautiously “We sort of take this band VERY seriously and with you being a cheerleader and all…I know that you’ll have games and practice. We practice on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6. So it may be difficult for …”

Knowing where this conversation is headed, Maria cuts in raising her hand, “Don’t worry Alex. I can handle both. I have practice from 4 until 6 three times a week and the games are usually on Tuesday and Friday nights at 7. Plus basketball season isn’t the whole year. It will end and after this season, I’m not even sure if I want to cheer anymore. It won’t be a problem. I’m serious about my music, too. You have my word.”

“You sure?”

“I’m positive.”

“Do you think you’ll be able to hang out some this evening while we practice?” Alex solicits.

“Might as well, I’ve already ditched practice today to come audition.” Maria beams showing Alex where her priorities would be.

“Cool” Alex responds as his cellular phone starts vibrating alerting him to the fact that he had a new voicemail message. Alex places his finger up and says, “Just one minute, let me check my messages.”

Maria glances at her own phone noticing the message icon displayed on her cell phone. Ignoring the message she turns her attention to Isabel who’s deep in conversation with that Michael guy. Deciding that it was now or never, she takes a breath and makes her way over towards Isabel.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Michael and Isabel remained near the entrance to the garage talking to each other in hushed whispers while Maria performed. They were so stunned to see Maria of all people in Alex Whitman’s garage auditioning for The Whits.

Michael was captivated by her voice. It was so beautiful and sensual sounding. The emotions she gave off while she was performing the song gave him a glimpse into her very being. He always knew or at least felt that there was more to Maria DeLuca than just being their school’s superficial head cheerleader and homecoming queen. He could see what others chose not to see, that there was depth to Maria. He could sense that she was bored with ‘THEM’. But today he picked up on some new emotions. There was a sadness, loneliness and vulnerability to her. It called to him and he wanted to remove the loneliness and sadness in her life.

Isabel breaks him out of his reverie by waving a hand in front of him, “Earth to Michael.”

“Huh? Oh sorry, were you saying something?” Michael ripostes and looks at Isabel.

“Who knew that Maria had such a terrific voice” Isabel states rather than asks.

“You didn’t know that Maria could sing?” Michael queries. It was baffling to him that Isabel didn’t know this side of Maria considering that once upon a time they ran in the same coterie of friends. He, Liz and Alex were best friends and knew everything about each other. That was the best part of their friendship. They could be themselves, faults and all with no judgment from the others.

“No. I doubt that Max even knows.” Isabel informs.

“But you were friends. You ran in the same clique.”

“We were more like acquaintances and it’s hard to be yourself in that clique. You’re judged on your appearance and this isn’t really something that clique would smile upon. They would act like it’s cool and dog you behind your back. Especially if that song is her own. She would lose major cool points. See, they don’t vibe well with depressing female rock songs. They like up beat pop or rap. And as trivial as this all seems, it’s major in that clique.” Isabel fills him in on the guiding principles of ‘THEM’.

Michael stands there with a pensive look on his face. Isabel laughs at him knowing that he’s trying to understand their reasoning. “Don’t even attempt to try to comprehend. You’ll burst a blood vessel.”

Michael turns his attention back to Maria and watches as she speaks with Alex. Isabel follows his gaze and notices where it lands. She looks back at Michael and tilts her heads to the side and takes in his expressive features that were showing an intense interest in Maria. A small knowing smile forms on her lips as the wheels start to spin in her mind formulating a plan of action. For some reason, she could actually envision Michael and Maria together. They were a perfect match. He was a better match for her than Max.

“You should ask her out.” Isabel suggests.

Isabel’s suggestion was enough to garner his undivided attention and he once again focuses on her. “What are you talking about? Ask who out?”

“Maria.” She simply states.

Michael looks at her as if she’s grown two heads, “I can’t ask Maria out. She is Max’s girlfriend.”

“And?” Isabel counters.

“Izzie, I don't feed off another man's taco platter.” Michael explains.

“Taco platter?” Isabel shakes her head while rolling her eyes, “Michael, Max and Maria aren’t as together as they may appear to be. Trust me when I say that they are just a break up waiting to happen.”

“How do you know?”

“Oh…I’d have to say that seeing Melissa and Krista hoping out of Max’s bedroom window in the wee hours of the night on various days, sort of clued me in. Plus I know my brother. Call it a twin thing but he’s tired of her”

“He’s cheating on her?” Michael inquires heatedly on Maria’s behalf.

“Yes but its not like Maria gives a damn.”

“You mean she knows and does nothing about it?” Michael asks not understanding the rationale of THEM at all. It was as if all of the ‘THEMS’ of the school lived in some sort of alternative universe where logic simply didn’t exist.

“I’m not sure if she knows the extent of his cheating but I know that she’s not stupid. She has to know something. And I know Maria. She wouldn’t really care. I think that a lot of why she and Max are actually together has to do with appearances. It’s certainly not love. In their world, appearances mean everything.” Isabel shrugs. “Why don’t you go over and talk to her?”

Isabel nudges Michael and lifts her chin in Maria’s direction, “Here’s your chance. She’s headed this way.”

Michael glances once more at Maria and true to Isabel’s word, she’s headed their way.

Maria approaches the two with trepidation. She didn’t know what to make of Isabel. She and Isabel weren’t exactly friends now. Sure in the past they were friendly both being co-captains of the cheerleading squad and hung out with the same crowd but that’s where it ended. She wasn’t sure if Isabel would keep her secret since they weren’t friends. Come to think of it, she wasn’t really sure that she had any real friends at all. Sure she and Tess were best friends but she couldn’t trust Tess as far as she could throw her. She always felt as though Tess were interested in Max. And she had no doubt that she would fuck him if given the opportunity. And one thing that always irked her about Tess was the fact that she was always joyfully dropping little hints about Max. She felt that if Tess knew anything about Max that she should just come out with it instead of playing these little clue games. Isn’t that what a friend would do? Tell her friend when her man was cheating on her instead of insinuating it. But Maria was far from naïve. She knew that Max regularly cheated with Krista and she had her suspicions about Melissa. Most girls would be upset if their boyfriend cheated on them but oddly enough, she wasn’t and it wasn’t like she was friends with Krista or Melissa. His preoccupation with them meant that he was too busy for her. And that suited her just fine because she no longer had those types of yearning for him. Those feelings went away a long time ago. But still, they were a couple and had a role to play. And she and Max, both played it to perfection. The whole school was duped into believing that they were happily together. And that was a far cry from the truth. In reality, she and Max were better suited as friends than anything else but she wasn’t quite ready to give up the perks that went with being the Captain of the Comet’s girlfriend. Or was she? Her life was very confusing. On the one hand, she had popularity and she detested everything that went along with it but she wasn’t ready to part with those things yet. And on the other hand, there was freedom. Freedom to be herself. There just had to be a way to combine the two or she would be forced to give up popularity. And she wasn’t giving it up until she was good and ready, that’s why she had to make sure that Isabel didn’t tell anyone.

“Hi Isabel.” Maria smiles feebly.

“Hey Maria,” Isabel replies, “You know my brother, Michael.”

Maria raises an eyebrow at her last remark as a transitory expression of shock shows on her face. “Hi Michael” she speaks uncomfortably while turning her attention back to Isabel, “Isabel, can I talk to you for a sec?”

Michael quickly catches on that she wants to talk to Isabel alone, “Um…I think I hear Alex calling me.” He leaves the two girls alone and walks over to his friend.

“So you’re hanging with that Michael guy now?” Maria pries looking in Michael’s direction.

“Well, he is my brother.” Isabel says guardedly.

“Does Max know that you’re hanging with him?”

Isabel shakes her head in answer to the question.

“Figures.” Once she notices Isabel’s look of indignation, she quickly clarifies, “I didn’t mean to offend you. I only meant that of any Evans to befriend Michael, it would be you because you’re free. You’re free of all of this high school triviality. You’re lucky.”

“You could be too.” Isabel smiles warmly. “You played and sung beautifully. I didn’t even know that you could play the guitar much less sing. You have a beautiful voice. You shouldn’t hide it.”

“Well, I won’t be doing much of that anymore since I’m now officially a member of The Whits.” Maria informs.

Isabel squeals her delight, “Oh my god. That’s great. Congratulations.”

“Thanks” Maria's eyes beg for Isabel to understand as she starts, “But I was hoping that you would do me a favor and not mention any of this to Max or anyone else for that matter?”

“Only if you can keep my relationship with Michael a secret. My family knows nothing about it. I really don’t want my father or Max finding out.” Isabel counters.

“It’s in the vault.”

“But Maria, won’t everyone find out once you start performing with The Whits?” Isabel logically asks.

“Yes but since we don’t have any gigs yet, I just don’t want anyone to know until then.”

“I understand.” Isabel notices that the band is set up and waiting on Maria so she grabs Maria’s arm pulling her along with her, “Come on, I believe you have practice.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next Day
West Roswell High’s Gym
Basketball Tryouts

Coach Duvall walks into the school’s gym dressed in his typical coach’s uniform of blue sweat pants and a yellow and blue Comets hoodie. He scans the gym spotting his two star players, Max Evans and Kyle Valenti shooting free throws with a few other members of the team. He pulls the whistle around his neck up to his mouth and blows signaling the start of tryouts.

He calls all potential players over to him and proceeds to go over the details of what he and assistant coach Eckman were looking for. Each potential player would go through a series of assessments starting with bounce passes, lay up drills, shooting drills, free throws, suicides, defensive positions and ending with a game of scrimmage against members of the Comets. There were a total of fifteen trying out for three positions.

While Coach Duvall has each boy sign his name on the roster, the gym door opens and a very late Michael Guerrin and Alex Whitman come running in. Alex runs over and takes a seat on the bleachers with a couple of kids he recognized from his computer class while Michael runs towards the end of the court where Coach Duvall and the others were gathered.

Coach Duvall pauses during his little speech and barks at Michael, “You’re late.”

Michael tenses under the coach’s scrutiny, hating to become the center of attention and quickly apologizes, “I know sir, I’m sorry.”

“What’s your name son?” Coach Duvall continues

“Michael Guerrin.” Michael answers still hating to have everyone’s attention on him.
He never notices how he held the attention of a pair of amber eyes. Eyes that were blazing with contempt.

“You’re Phillip Evans’ boy aren’t you? Well this may be very interesting. I hope for your sake that it runs in the family.” Coach Duvall states matter of factly.

But before Michael has time to deny being of any relations to Phillip Evans, Coach Duvall blows his whistle announcing the start of suicides.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Max and Kyle were on the opposite end of the court adjacent to where the cheerleaders were practicing, shooting free throws along with Paulie Winburn, Tommy Bass and David Sumner until the game of scrimmage began. Max had successfully gotten every shot until Paulie pointed out who had just walked into the gym causing his body to go rigid and miss a three pointer.

Max watches Michael with venomous eyes and two-clenched fist. His nostrils start to flare as he has a hard time controlling his anger.

“What the hell is he doing here?” Tommy asks.

“I don’t know.” Max answers through gritted teeth, “but he sure as hell isn’t going to make it on the team.”

“Don’t worry. We’ve got your back.” Kyle slaps Max on the back while plotting “We’ll fuck up his game during the scrimmage.”

Max turns his attention back towards the hoop and shoots a perfect three pointer. He smiles inwardly. He and his friends would make sure that Michael didn’t make the team.

TBC…
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,PG13/NC17) Ch 8 pg 1 - 02/20/05

Post by behrlyliz »

AN - Just wanted to make mention that Michael wasn't the product of an affair. His mother and Phillip were high school sweet hearts. She became pregnant during the summer before Phillip left for college. She didn't find out that she was pregnant until Phillip was away at Duke where he met Diane (there's a back story that I will address in a later chapter). He failed to mention to Diane that he had a girl friend back home and shortly after that, Diane became pregnant with Max and Isabel. So it's more like Phillip cheated on Michael's mother and dumped her and married Diane in college. In this chapter Max is still an ass but in time he will change and become the Max we all know and love. This change will take place way before the end of the story. So please just bear with me and it'll pass soon. I need to give credit, I used a few lines from One Tree Hill's pilot ep in the scenes between Michael and Maria. I also used a line from Sexual Healing and Leaving Normal. Oh yea, I know that chapter 7 ended during try outs but this chapter actually picks up a couple of hours before try outs. I would like to thank everyone for reading and especially the following for leaving FB

cocopucks
Emz80m - Max may be just a little bit threatened by and jealous of Michael. Also, I'm loving 'I Like Short Skirts'. Chapter 2 rocked.
begonia9508
frenchkiss70 - The road to Max's growth will be bumpy but Liz is there for the ride.
Jason's Lover - I'm so sad to see NYSM coming to an end. It was one of my favorites. Will there be a sequel?
CherryFlavoredChica - I did not realize that you were the author of 'Do I know you?'. I love it.
Lizza
maxandliz4ever1357 - There will be lots of Max and Liz in the next chapter. In fact, about 3/4 of the chapter is about them.
CandyXDreamer - So you liked the 'Yoko' of The Whits? I wonder why? :wink:
janesdilemma
foreverdreamer15 - just consider this a bump. Please update 'Believing in Destiny' soon. I can't wait to learn more about Michael and Liz's past.
roswellluver
purpleant
shortykms
adreamer
FamersAmers - I just found your fic 'The Essay' and I'm loving it.

Chapter 8

Two hours earlier
School library

Maria slouches in the uncomfortable library chair with her head resting in the crook of her arm that’s propped up on the table as she feverishly scribbles lyrics in her notebook. She’s so engrossed in her favorite past time that she fails to notice the presence of someone standing behind her checking out her work.

She came to the library for a little peace and quiet. She wanted to jot down the lyrics while they were still fresh in her head and before she forgot them. The words to this new song just came to her during lunch while Tess was babbling about some petty problem she was having with a teacher.

“That’s really good.” A voice speaks breaking her concentration. She quickly closes her notebook, irritated at being disturbed.

“I didn’t know that you could write.” The voice continues, “Was the song you performed for The Whits one of yours?”

“That’s none of your business.” Maria snaps.

Michael pulls out the chair next to her and sits down, not letting her harsh words deter him. Not that he was taking Isabel’s advice to ask her out but he just wanted to get to know her. He was obsessed with her. Well, not obsessed in that crazy, stalkerish kind of way that Courtney was with him. Maybe obsessed was too strong of a word. But he liked her. Plain and simple as that, he was besotted with her. She fascinated him. He found Maria DeLuca to be a walking contradiction. She was Miss Popularity yet bored by the very things that made her popular. He didn’t know Maria personally to make that assessment about her but he got that vibe from her. And one thing he was good at was reading people and he knew that Maria wasn’t all that she appeared to be.

Michael notices the stickers that cover her notebook. A tiny smile appears on his face. It seems that he and Maria had something in common.

“That’s me inside your head.” Michael states pointing to her notebook while choosing to be oblivious to her irritation.

“What?”

“NOFX.” He clarifies and sings, “That’s me inside your head.”

Maria sighs while rolling her eyes, “I know the song.”

Why was Michael Guerrin even talking to her? Did she give him the impression that she was up for a chat? Was he that dense that he couldn’t take a hint? She came to the library to be by herself. Even though, she had finished writing most of her new song, she didn’t want to converse with Michael. He was Phillip Evans’ other son, not to mention Max’s half brother and it wouldn’t look kosher for her to be talking to him.

“Can I ask you something?” He queries.

“It’s a free country.” Maria responds nonchalantly as she shrugs her indifference.

“Why are you a cheerleader?” Michael continues not expecting a reply, “You’re like the least cheery person I know. It’s not you. Why waste time being something you’re not?”

She is momentarily taken aback by his question and raises an eyebrow at him. That simple observation spoke volumes and was enough to arouse her interest in him. She faked all kinds of things all of the time with everybody. Michael was the first person to ever call her on it. How was it that Michael Guerrin, a complete stranger, could see through her façade and yet her so-called closet friends couldn’t? He was the first person to see her. She didn’t have to reveal herself to him because he already knew. She was beginning to look at him in a new light. He might not be so bad. It excited her and sort of scared her at the same time.

She wasn’t ready to give up her façade so she feigns annoyance and her features show her veneer, “You don’t know me. SO DON’T PRESUME YOU DO.” She hisses a little to loudly to be in the library. She snatches up her notebook and book bag and rush out of the library.

Unbeknownst to Maria and Michael, Tess sits quietly in the back corner of the library watching the entire exchange with interest. So Maria auditioned for Alex Whitman’s band she thinks to herself. She smiles elatedly. This couldn’t be more perfect than if she’d planned it all herself. Maria was going down and she’d see to it personally. And in the process she would snatch up Maria’s vacated throne as well as Max Evans.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Twenty minutes before tryouts

Liz stands in front of her locker taking out the biology and calculus books that she would need to complete her homework assignments that evening. She’s flocked by her two best friends, Michael and Alex.

“Liiiizzz” Michael groans out in aggravation at his best friend. “How can you dare me to tryout for the team and then not even bother to be there?”

He runs a hand through his hair as his hands animatedly show the level of his frustration. Even though Liz had tricked him into trying out for the team he was still nervous about it and needed his friends there for support. He would be playing basketball in the same gym where his father once played. For the same team that his father led to numerous victories in the past. A gym that still housed the jersey of Phillip Evans. No matter what his personal feelings toward Phillip may have been, there was no denying the fact that Phillip Evans had been one hell of a player back in the day. Michael knew that he was just as good of a player as Max but he often wondered if he could live up to the legend of the great Phillip Evans.

Liz’s face crinkles bringing to surface the guilt that she felt for not being able to attend the tryouts in support of Michael. She quickly explicates, “I know…I’m the worst kind of scum there is but I totally forgot about rehearsals. And with rehearsals just beginning, I can’t miss one this early. Besides, Alex will be there.”

Michael just stares at her giving her a look of indifference.

“I’m soooo sorry. I really wanted to be there, too. Please forgive me.” Liz pleads giving her infamous puppy dogface.

Michael’s face now shows emotions as he and Alex look at Liz with amusement. Both silently wondering how far she would take the performance. Liz was one for dramatics and could never resist the chance to ‘pile it on’ as he and Alex affectionately termed it. Liz starts to whimper and drops to her knees to beg forgiveness before Michael.

Michael and Alex start a chorus of claps with Michael giving her a score of 7.5 and Alex chiming in with a 6.2 while extending a hand to help her up off of the floor.

Alex states, “It’s just that last weeks performance was much more believable. It was as though, I could actually taste the remorse. This performance here” Alex comically waves a hand at Liz, “was just mediocre. The most I could give was a 6.2. And I was being generous.”

Liz gives Alex a piercing look before turning her attention back to Michael. She cups his cheek with her hand and says in a sincere voice, “I’m really sorry, Michael. If I could be there I would. But I know you’ll do well.”

“Now that was more like it.” Alex quips, “I actually believed you this time.”

“Shut up, Alex.” Liz snaps.

Michael chuckles at his two best friends. He had his own comedy show with the two of them together. “It’s okay Liz. I just really wanted you to be there but I understand about rehearsals.” Michael forgives. He could never be mad at Liz for too long. She was like an annoying little sister.

“Thanks. Anyway, I’ll be there in spirit.” Liz smiles and emphasizes the point by nodding her head in the affirmative.

Wanting to say something encouraging, she adds, “Remember, it’s the eye of the tiger.”

Alex smirks, “Liz, that was from Rocky and he boxed.”

Liz huffs and glares at Alex twice in less than five minutes before turning back to face Michael, “Just do it.”

“That’s Nike.” Alex snorts.

“Did I ask you?” Liz starts heatedly but pauses and deliberates, “But basketball players wear Nikes, i.e. Michael Jordan so you should just give me that one based on the principles of association.”

“Okay.” Alex raises his hands in mock surrender, “I’ll let you have that one.”

“You two need help. Seriously.” Michael eyes both of them and laughs delighted that his friends were able to take his mind off of the tryouts. Their repartee had a calming affect on him.

But as quickly as he was calmed by his friend’s banter, he tenses up as Max, Kyle and Paulie walk past them obviously on their way to the gym based on their appearance.
They walk down the junior hall with an air of arrogance as if they owned the school. And in reality, school politics dictate that they did. Everyone bowed down to them. Everyone that is but Michael. There was no way that he would ever bow down to Max Evans and his cronies.

As Max, Kyle and Paulie glide past them, Kyle inclines his head towards Liz and gives her a lopsided grin while saying, “What’s up, Liz?” All three guys gaze at Liz as they walk past but one certain pair of eyes stared a little longer than the others.

Liz looks in their direction giving them a timid smile and is immediately drawn into Max’s gaze. It was as if a force had taken over her body and she was no longer in control. She swallows nervously while her breathing speeds up and looks at him with luminous eyes. She bites her lower lip and holds his gaze as he turns around while walking backwards to stare at her. He lifts his chin and gives her a little smirk before turning around and walking the rest of the way down the hall. Feeling as though the temperature had risen ten degrees, she nervously fans the collar of her shirt.

Max had actually called her last night after her shift ended at the Crashdown. They stayed on the phone until the wee hours of the night or should she say morning, talking about any and everything. It was so easy to talk to him and it surprised her. They had a lot in common. She found herself looking forward to seeing him later on this evening when she would start tutoring him. They had agreed that he would pick her up from rehearsals and she would tutor him at his house since she didn’t want Michael or Alex knowing about their friendship.

“What the hell was that?” Michael demands breaking her out of her Max filled dazed. He didn’t like the way Max and his friends were looking at Liz. And to his surprise Liz didn’t seem to be the least bit upset by their attention.

Coming to Liz’s rescue, Alex answers, “I think Liz picked up a few admirers yesterday from her little dance in the hall.”

“Yea.” Liz concurs quickly, “Kyle’s been looking at me with goo goo eyes ever since.”

“And you don’t mind?” Michael questions suspiciously.

“Yes, I mind but I’ve chosen to leave it alone. As long as he doesn’t disrespect me.” Liz answers.

In an attempt to change the subject, Liz looks at her watch and says, “Wow, look at the time. If I don’t get a move on I’m going to be late. Anyway, good luck Michael. Call me later on and let me know how it goes.”

Liz takes off towards the exit and Michael and Alex make their way towards the gym.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Game of scrimmage

They were half way through the game of scrimmage before Max decides to sabotage Michael’s game. In the past, Max had heard the rumors of Michael’s ability to play ball just as well as him and he was just a little curious to see how Michael would perform. Max and his friends wanted to feel him out first and decided not to make a move on Michael until the game was half way over. He had to admit that Michael had game and would be an asset but that still wasn’t enough for him to want Michael on the team. The team and school were his domain and not Phillip’s bastard. It was bad enough that he had to live with the constant comparisons to Phillip but he’d be damned if he had to endure being compared to Michael Guerrin. Basketball belonged to him and he would slowly come out of Phillip’s shadow once he broke his father’s record and that was number one on his agenda this season. That’s why he didn’t need nor have time to worry about some Phillip wanna be trying to take his fame. It was an embarrassment for Michael to even attend West Roswell let alone get a spot on the team. All he knew was that he had to stop it.

Michael has the ball and is dribbling his way towards the goal. He’s almost close enough to make a shot. Max is guarding him and sticks his foot out causing Michael to trip and fall onto floor. Max looks down on him and sneers before walking away.

Michael stands up clearly pissed at Max but decides to keep his cool. He knew that Max didn’t want him on the team. That was actually one thing they had in common but seeing how angry Max was with him just for trying out for one of the vacant spots, he had to rethink his attitude about being on the team. It would kill Max if he made it on the team. Maybe it was worth it just for that satisfaction alone. That one little trip up by Max sealed the deal. Michael was going to be a member of the Comets just to spite Max and show Phillip that he was every bit as good as them. Not that he was cocky or anything but he knew from the game of scrimmage that he would make the team. The other players weren’t as skilled as he. The only ones that could hang with him were Max and Kyle.

Coach Duvall calls a foul on Max and Michael goes to the free throw line to shoot. He sinks in both shots. As the game continues Max has the ball and is about to shoot the ball as he notices Michael a few feet away from him wide open. Instead of taking the shot, Max deliberately hurls the ball at Michael’s face. Michael’s quick reflexes cause him to catch the ball before it has time to impact with his face. He bounces the ball on the floor one time and when the ball rebounds back into his hands, he jumps up in the air and shoots the ball, making a perfect three pointer. Michael returns a smirk Max’s way. This action causes Max to fume and begin to stomp his way over to Michael with clenched fists.

Coach Duvall blows his whistle causing the game to halt so that he could handle the situation before it got out of hand as Kyle tries to hold Max back from making his descent over to Michael.

“Max you’re out of the game.” Coach Duvall warns “One more thing out of you and you’ll be benching it at Friday night’s game.”

The coach’s warning has no effect on Max as he still tries to reach Michael. Paulie comes to Kyle’s assistance as he struggles to hold him back. As much as Kyle would love to see a fight, he wouldn’t risk it with Friday’s game coming up. It was an important one and they needed Max. The Comets were playing against their long time rival, East Roswell. They were 6 and 0 and he wanted to keep their winning streak.

Michael just stands there grinning at Max. And to Max’s surprise, there is no fear present in his eyes, only mild amusement. This only infuriates Max more as he practically drags Kyle and Paulie across the court in an attempt to get to Michael while cursing obscenities. Tommy joins Kyle and Paulie and the three of them are finally able to subdue Max so that he isn’t dragging them across the court any longer. Max is still trying to make it to Michael as his teammates try to reason with him to let it go.

“Max if you don’t chill, you won’t play in the big game against East Roswell.” Paulie elucidates to no avail. But it’s Kyle’s words that cause him to stop. “We’ll deal with Michael later. Just let it go. You have too much to lose. And Liz will never forgive you if you hurt him.” Kyle pants out exhausted from trying to hold Max back. He stops his pursuit while each of his friends breath a sigh of relief. Max stands and gets his breathing under control.

“We’ll deal with him another time.” Kyle reiterates.

As much as he wanted to kick Michael’s ass, it wasn’t worth it if he lost Liz’s friendship in the process. He needed her in his life and wouldn’t give her up for anything. He has all this extra adrenaline and a shower would really help him calm down. That plus hearing Liz’s voice he thinks to himself. He backs away and walks towards the locker room to shower.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Maria paces nervously outside the door to the boy’s locker room. The game of scrimmage ended about ten minutes ago and all of the guys were now in the locker room showering. She waits anxiously for Michael to appear. For some reason, she had to make sure that he was okay. Max and Michael were both in there. She didn’t know what was going on and she wished that she could just causally walk in there to make sure everything was all right. She even contemplates sending Alex in to check on them but decides against it since Tess was waiting with her.

Maria couldn’t believe that Max would act so malicious towards Michael without provocation. He deliberately tried to harm Michael when Michael hadn’t done anything to him except play an innocent game of basketball. With Max and all of his friends in the locker room, Michael was in the lion’s den and Maria couldn’t help but worry about him.

“Wow! Now, that was interesting.” Tess beams with excitement twinkling in her eyes.

Maria rolls her eyes in disgust while turning her back to the locker room door to face Tess. She was so obvious it was pathetic. But she’d deal with Tess at another time.

“Yea, especially the way Max practically attacked Michael for no reason.” Maria replies cynically.

“Oh come on, there is no way you didn’t think Max looked sexy as hell charging at that Michael guy.” Tess rambles while looking over Maria’s shoulder as the locker room door quietly opens, “I for one thought he looked virile with all of that testosterone in the air.”

“You would.” Maria mumbles.

“What was that?” Tess baits.

Choosing to ignore the question, Maria speaks. “It did not make him look sexy or manly. In fact, it made him look just the opposite. Max looked like a little boy and a coward.” Maria continues, “I mean, Michael is in there alone while Max and the rest of the team can do god only knows what to him. All because he’s the son of Phillip Evans which by the way, isn’t his fault.”

Tess smiles sweetly and speaks over Maria’s shoulder, “Hi Max.”

Maria’s eyes bulge wide in fright and she stands petrified to the spot. Her eyes narrow to slits as she realizes that Tess intentionally set her up. She slowly turns around to find Max and Kyle standing behind her. Their facial expressions show evidence that they had heard a large amount of their conversation for Max’s features sport a scowl and Kyle’s play host to a look of amusement.

“Max!” Maria shrieks.

“So I’m a little boy and a coward now?” Max asks curtly.

She opens her mouth to respond but closes it realizing that it was no use in replying to his rhetorical question as Max continues, “And what exactly are you, Maria?”

As a small group of students, including Alex, that were waiting in the gym gather around them, the locker room door opens revealing Michael with his duffel bag slung over his shoulder.

Maria opens her mouth again to respond but no sounds spill forth. She lowers her gaze to the floor.

“Cat got your tongue?” Max snarls with a raised eyebrow. “Well, let me supply the adjectives. Let’s try frigid, boring and more appropriately a has been.”

Finding her voice, Maria hisses in disbelief, “You’re breaking up with me?”

“Exactly. We’re through. Dunzo. I don’t need this shit. And I especially don’t need nor want you.” Maria’s earlier tone exacerbating his foul mood, he continues, “You’ve had to see this coming? I don’t love you. Never have. You don’t do it for me. I mean sex with you is dull. I have a more exciting time with my hand.”

A round of laughter breaks out from the few students that were gathered encircling them. Maria stands in the midst of the small crowd holding back unshed tears, determined not to let one fall. Especially not here for so many to witness. She looks up finding herself locking eyes with Michael.

Michael knew that Maria was hurting but she was trying to be strong in front of everyone. Every nuance of Maria’s expression shows that her façade was beginning to crack. Michael knew that she would soon lose the battle with her unshed tears.

With arms crossed over his chest, his stance giving away his willingness to come to blows if necessary, Michael speaks out in her defense “I think you’ve said enough.”

“Maria, you have your very own knight in shining armor.” Max scornfully laughs. “Don’t worry Michael, your feelings aren’t in vain because Maria just happens to be the president of your fan club. But don’t go getting cocky. See, I’ve peeped your game. I know what you want. You want my spot on the team, my ex girlfriend and my father. Too bad that you’ll have to settle for one out of three because you’ll never have my spot and out of my sixteen years of life, my dad has never mentioned you. Not even once.”

Max struck a nerve in Michael and he clenches his fist intent on knocking the hell out of Max but Alex holds him back.

“I have no intention of fighting you…today.” Max smirks “Especially when there’s a pair of beautiful, doe-brown eyes waiting for me.”

Max and Kyle make their way out of the gym. Having picked up on his implication, Michael turns to Alex and hisses, “Do you know what the hell he’s talking about?”

Alex shrugs, “He couldn’t… be talking about… her? Could he?”

“No. Liz is too smart for that.” Michael answers with every intention of having a little chat with his best friend.

Tbc...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Last edited by behrlyliz on Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,PG13/NC17) Ch 9 pg 4 - 03/23/05

Post by behrlyliz »

A/N - I'm sorry for taking so long to post chapter 9. Would you believe that it was finished a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to add a few more parts to it? Which I've decided to just use as chapter 10 instead. So this chapter is kind of short but it sets up the next three chapters. I guess it is a concensus that Max is an ass but he'll change in due time. At this point, he has this whole Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on. He's really a sweetie when he's around Liz, Isabel and his mom as you'll read. And he's a true and loyal friend to Kyle and his teammates, sans Michael. But he's an ass to everyone else. Also, I want to make mention that the Max and Maria situation will be resolved (just not in this chapter). Liz will unknowingly have a hand in it. In this chapter Liz is still in the dark about what happened during tryouts and she'll continue to be in the dark for a while (you'll learn why in chapter 11) so right now, she's kind of ga ga over Max.

Thanks to everyone for reading and leaving Feedback. I really really really appreciate it. Thanks to the following:

begonia9508
Emz80m
xmag - Thanks for giving the story a try
janesdilemma
maxAntarPrincessLiz
tequathisy - I believe you were the one who helped me find an older fic that I've been trying to locate for a year now. You were right on the money. Thanks a bunch.
sox
WildSphinx
aurorasky
Jason's Lover
Famers Amers
brighteyes
RASaero611 - I love Jake too. I'm glad he's back and I think he totally rocks with Peyton but unfortunately I haven't really related him to anyone in the story.
CandyXDreamer
Blink1lit
purpleant
maxandliz4ever1357
Venus_star2.com
Lizza
Alien614
adreamer
frenchkiss70

Chapter 9

Roswell Arts Center

“Bye.” Liz waves goodbye to various members of the cast as she exits through the massive, ornate double doors of the Roswell Arts Center. She repositions the duffel bag on her shoulder and steps out into the late afternoon air.

Since rehearsals let out a little earlier today, she prepares herself for the long wait for her ride. She takes a seat on one of the benches in front of the building while calling Max on her cell phone. She knew it was a long shot but hoped that maybe tryouts and practice ended a littler earlier today as well. No such luck. His voicemail picks up and she leaves a message letting him know that rehearsals let out earlier than she anticipated and she would be waiting in front of the building.

Deciding to kill some time, she reaches in her duffel bag and takes out her new ipod. She has about thirty minutes to kill before Max would show. About fifteen minutes later as the sounds of Louis XIV's Finding out True Love is Blind fill her ears she feels the vibration of her cell phone coming from the back pocket of her shorts. The display screen reads 23 and a huge grin spreads across her face. That was the code for Max. Liz had decided to use his jersey number as his code since the likely hood of Michael or Alex using her phone was unavoidable.

Liz presses the talk key and says “Hey. You got my message?”

“Hi yourself. I just got it. I’ll be there in about ten minutes.” Max answers.

“Okay. See you soon. Bye.” Liz ends the call and places her cell phone back in her pocket.

Max. She couldn’t stop the dreamy expression that clouds her face as she thinks about him. She had been doing that all day. She couldn’t help it. Things were going smoothly between the two of them. It was hard to believe that just two days ago, they couldn’t stand each other. Two days ago, Max Evans was a grade A class jerk which she quickly learned was a front. It had to be because with her he was a class act. He was…sweet…really sweet. Wow, the difference a day makes, she thinks to herself. They were friends now but it was different than her friendships with Michael and Alex. Friendship with them had a more sibling feeling to it but with Max…it was…different. A very good different. There was an attraction. She knew that she had to fight it since he had a girlfriend but it just felt so right. This was new to her. She had never felt this way about anyone before. It was kismet. Somehow she knew it was fate and that Max Evans would be in her life for now on.

As her thoughts take her places she shouldn’t go, she hears the faint sounds of Max’s jeep. She looks up just as Max’s jeep pulls into the partially empty parking lot of the Arts Center. Max pulls up adjacent to her and jumps out of the jeep before she can stand. He runs around to the passenger side of the jeep and opens the door for her while helping her with the duffel bag.

“Well, aren’t you the perfect gentleman.” She teases even though deep inside she’s very flattered.

“Only for you.” Max replies while getting a nice view of her ass that was covered by a pair of tiny black hipster shorts decorated with a pair of ballet slippers on each cheek. He stiffens for a moment as he feels his lower anatomy responding to the delicious sight of her derriere. He groans inwardly realizing the difficult task that stands before him. He has to drive them safely to his house while trying to keep the view of her posterior out of his head. He shuts the door as she takes her seat. He jogs back over to his side of the jeep and takes his seat and proceeds to drive out of the Arts Center’s parking lot.

Before he turns onto the Main Street of downtown Roswell, he looks over at Liz and gives her his signature smile.

Everything between them seemed so natural and Liz wondered if Max felt it too.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Maria’s front door

Uncomfortable silence surrounds Maria and Michael as they stand facing each other in front of the entrance door of Maria’s house. The only sounds that can be heard are the occasional sounds of a car passing or a few of the neighborhood kids running by on their way home. With his head lowered, he stuffs his hands in the front pockets of his jeans and blows out a small gust of air. He takes a tentative look at Maria and finds her smiling at him.

“This is awkward.” She smiles timidly.

“Of a thousand different scenarios that could happen in your life, I bet you never thought in a million years that I’d be here with you dropping you off.” Michael states.

“Actually, Alex dropped me off.” Maria replies good-humoredly trying to ease the awkwardness.

“Same difference.” Michael shrugs.

Another moment of silence engulfs them. Feeling the need to clear the air between them Maria says, “I just want to apologize for my behavior earlier today in the library. You were only trying to be nice and I bit your head off. I’m sorry. It’s just that my music is kind of private and the fact that you saw it just immediately put me on the defensive.”

“It’s okay. I shouldn’t have been prying.” Michael dismisses.

“No it’s not okay.” Maria says. “It won’t happen again.”

After the debacle with Max following tryouts, Alex and Michael offered to drive Maria home. The fallout from her break up with Max was already starting. Usually when the elite couples of West Roswell broke up, battle lines were drawn and students took sides. Depending on the nature of the breakup, the losing party was exiled as an outcast. It didn’t help her case that her best friend was evidently on Max’s side by choosing not to give her a ride home. Sure Tess tried to play it off pretending she had to run an errand for her father and didn’t have time to drive her home. That was complete bullshit. Maria knew Tess had nothing planned for the rest of the evening since she was so adamant about staying behind with Maria after tryouts. It was also something that was noticed by everyone in the gym. That’s how she ended up with Alex and Michael giving her a ride home. Tess, what a bitch, Maria thinks to herself. Well it was happening. Her days were numbered and soon she’d be a nobody. She knew that Tess would try to get her kicked off the cheerleading squad even though she was the captain. After all, just last year after the scandal with Mr. Ramirez, Tess schemed to have Isabel ousted from her co-captain position on the team which eventually lead to her being removed from the team all together. But Maria was okay with it since it freed up her time for The Whits. She knew eventually she would have to make a choice between music and cheerleading but she just didn’t know that it would be this soon. Or that the choice would be taken from her.

“Listen, I really appreciate you taking up for me with Max.” Maria starts, “He doesn’t usually treat me that way. I mean he never really paid much attention to me and he can be a tad inconsiderate but he’s never…never…”

“A jackass.” Michael supplies.

“No. I was going to say callous. He’s never really mean to me. He must have been under a lot of pressure” Maria finishes while giving Michael a pointed look.

“Don’t make excuses for him.”

“I’m not.” Maria denies, “All I’m saying is that it was just out of character for him. He doesn’t treat me that way. For him to get all riled up like that, you must really be a threat to him.”

Michael opens his mouth to respond but is stopped by the sound of Alex blowing the horn of his pickup. Michael stiffens as he internally reminds himself to kick Alex’s ass.

“I guess that’s your ride.” Maria giggles.

“You know one thing that Max was right about, you are my knight in shining armor.” Maria speaks and gives Michael a quick peck on his cheek and rushes into her house closing the door behind her before Michael can comprehend what just occurred.

Michael turns around stunned and begins his trek down the sidewalk to Alex’s truck while a whimsical expression graces his face which quickly fades once he takes his seat in the truck and hears his best friend imitating a southern belle, “Oh my ain’t that just too sweet. He’s in love.”

Michael gives him the middle finger as Alex starts the car and takes off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Max’s jeep

Max’s jeep speeds through the open stretch of desert. Dusk was approaching causing an array of colors to decorate the sky making the scenery their very own painting.

“Ooohhh, turn that up.” Liz squeals animatedly while bouncing in the passenger seat of Max’s jeep.

Complying with her request, Max grabs the remote control from the sun visor and increases the volume as his jeep whizzes through the desert air.

Liz playfully arches an eyebrow at him as a diminutive smile graces her lips.

Her current bearings disorient him so he asks, “What?”

“You are aware that your sound system cost more than this jeep.” She laughs mockingly.

“Hey, I thought you were done with the Bob insults.” Max reminds.

“I know. I’m sorry. I just couldn’t resist.” Liz giggles an apology, “But you are aware, right? Okay I promise I will try never to insult Bob again.”

The music blares from the speakers causing Liz to sway in her seat with her head bobbing in time to the beat. Neither one of them speaks a word yet it is comfortable. Very comfortable. Max couldn’t help but smile at the picture she presented. She was wearing a gray hoody. It wasn’t zipped and he was awarded a glimpse of the black camisole leotard she wore along with the pair of tiny black hipster shorts that revealed a pair of shapely legs covered by tights. She wore her hair parted in two ponytails that were twisted up into side knots.

The sight of Liz dancing in her seat was enough to drive him insane. He could tell at the moment that she was in her own little world and he was very thankful for that. He didn’t want her to witness the effects that she was having on him. He could see where Kyle was coming from the other day about Liz dancing. That is without the perverted inference. Liz radiated sex appeal and the most appealing part was the fact that she was oblivious to it.

Liz licks her lips and Max feels the formation of a lump in his throat and swallows while trying to hold back a groan.

She feels the heat of his stare and stops dancing. She turns to face him and proceeds to cup his chin while turning his face in the direction of the road. Eyeing him carefully she teases, “You should really keep your eyes on the road.”

The tips of Max’s ears turn crimson at having been caught drooling over her. Max was never the type to embarrass easily or not know what to say to a hot chick. When it came to girls he was confident, charming and had the gift of gab, in essence he was Mr. Smooth Operator. But for some reason the presence of Liz turns him into a nervous, uncouth, stammering fool. Even though it was easy to hold a conversation with her, there were still moments when he was tongue-tied and didn’t know what to say to her. For some reason he didn’t want to use the pick up lines he used so easily with other girls. Liz is basically the first girl that he’s ever had a desire to be open and honest with. To give her a glimpse of the real Max Evans even if it means showing her that he isn’t always so cool and confident. That he actually has a vulnerable side. Only his mother and Isabel were privy to this side but he felt that he could trust Liz.

He tries to recover from his embarrassment by changing the subject, “I never pegged you for the type to listen to Alchemist.”

“And why not?” Liz challenges.

“I just always thought you would be more into rock instead of rap.” Max stereotypes.

“Max, I’m a dancer.” Liz declares while shaking her head as if it’s the most understandable thing in the world, “You know music…dancing…it kind of goes hand in hand.”

Liz rolls her eyes at his slowness and continues, “You will find dancers to be the most versatile people there are when it comes to music. We don’t limit ourselves to one kind of genre of music. Each type of music has its own variety of dances. See, as a dancer if you’re not open to all forms of music… then you’re just restricting yourself as a dancer. I’ll admit that I mostly listen to new rock, alternative and a little punk but I don’t let that stop me from enjoying other styles of music.”

Max nods his head in understanding, “Yea, I understand. It’s not very beneficial for people to limit themselves. You know…not be open to new situations… new experiences…new relationships.”

Catching on to the hidden gist of his statement, Liz momentarily winces and bites on her lower lip. She would love to start something with Max but she knew that it wasn’t even a possibility seeing how he was involved with Maria.

“Why don’t you go out on a date with me?” Max asks.

Liz sighs, “Max, you know that we can’t be anything more than friends.”

“Why?”

She looks at him incredulously. Why was he acting so naïve? He knew the reason why they couldn’t date each other but ever since their telephone conversation last night, he’s had an indefatigable will and would not let up on the possibility of them dating.

“Oh, I don’t know.” Liz snaps, “Could it be your girlfriend?”

“Is she the only reason? Or is there something else.” Max chokes out uncertainly.

She recognizes the sound of apprehension in his voice and decides to answer honestly, “She’s the only reason.”

“So what if she isn’t an issue anymore?”

“What do you mean?”

“That Maria and I are no longer together. I broke up with her today.” Max clarifies.

“I’m sorry.” Liz tries to feign sympathy but is unable to stop the huge grin that spreads across her face. This changes everything. Kismet. She knew without a doubt that it was kismet.

Max chuckles at the obvious delight Liz shows at hearing the news of his break up with Maria. Having gained more confidence by her reaction, he asks “So Liz Parker will you do me the honor of going out on a date with me this Saturday?”

With pursed lips, she pretends to mull over the question before she turns to him and shrugs her indifference by answering “Sure”. She turns her head to the side and smiles while looking out of the window. Her insides were doing summersaults over the prospect of going out on a date with Max Evans. It was her first date and she was excited as hell but she wouldn’t let him know that.

Tbc…
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I already have the next few chapters planned out and it's to the point where either one of the couples with the exception on Alex and Isabel can start a physical relationship. I haven't decided which couple but it can go either way. Michael and Maria are based on Lucas and Peyton but they still are very much the Michael and Maria we all know and love of Roswell, very hot and passionate. And even though Liz is fashioned after Hailey and is a virgin, she isn't waiting on marriage. She believes in fate and is waiting on love and her soul mate. So if the situation presented itself and she felt that she had met the 'one', she could lose her virginity. Anyway, I didn't want to do a poll but I would love your opinion on which couple you would most like to see take the next step. This of course wouldn't happen until about chapters 13-15. So feel free to leave feedback or pm me with your opinion.
Team Framing Hanley
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

One West Roswell (AU,M/L,ADULT) Ch 10 pg 4 - 05/03/05

Post by behrlyliz »

AN - I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post but I'm a full time student and haven't really had the time to write but the semester is up at the end of this month and I'll be able to update on a regular basis during the summer. Again it's the consensus that Max is a jerk and doesn't deserve Liz but I want to make mention that his intentions toward Liz are honorable. He really likes her. It's not an act. And the Max and Maria situation will be taken care of in the next chapter. Despite how he treated her during the tryouts, Max and Maria are/were friends and he's feeling really guilty about what he did. Thanks for reading and a special thanks to the following for leaving FB:

FamersAmers
Jason's Lover
frenchkiss70
Emz80m
begonia9508
maxandliz4ever1357 - Phillip Evans is exactly like Dan and will be making an appearance soon
tequathisy
smac - I'm working on Invitation to Trouble
RoninBehr
janesdilemma
RASaero611
Lizza
CandyXDreamer - Max is really threatened by Michael because of Phillip. You'll learn more of this in future chapters
Baby_Bre
DestinyDreamer - Your too sweet. Thanks for reading
CherryFlavoredChica
ShatteredDreamer
tabby - Thanks for reading

Chapter 10

Max’s bedroom

Max and Liz sit Indian Style across from each other on the carpeted floor of his bedroom whilst reviewing the previous two chapters of notes from biology. Liz sits with her back to his dresser while Max leans his back on the side of his bed. With a bowl of Pop Secret’s Butter Lover’s popcorn and two Cherry Cokes between them, it was a cram session at its best. Liz is an excellent tutor and Max now understands why she is a favorite of Mr. Nelson’s. In short, science is definitely her forte. Not only did she indisputably know her subject but she knew how to teach others in a way that was easy to follow. It was Max’s opinion that Liz was even better suited to instruct the class than Mr. Nelson. Mr. Nelson was a bore. His words just seemed to drag on and on and on. While in his class, Max found himself paying more attention to the clock on the wall than Mr. Nelson. Mr. Nelson didn’t have what it took to stimulate the class to want to learn about biology, whereas Liz makes it fun and interesting. When she talks about science, it’s as if she comes alive. Her face lights up much like that of a child on Christmas morning mimicking the way her face comes to life when she dances. Without a doubt, Max knew that both dancing and science held a special place in her heart. They were her passions.

It was that passion that was now present dancing in Liz’s eyes as she expounds in details on the physiology of leukocytes. “Leukocytes can be classified into two types of categories, granulocytes and agranulocytes. Granulocytes have a granular cytoplasm, thus the name granulocytes and agranulocytes lack cytoplasmic granules.”

She continues, “Remember all of the granulocytes are phils. They’re the neutrophils, eosinophils and basophils. Now the agranulocytes are the cytes, the monocytes and lymphocytes. And you can probably use a mnemonic to help you remember how much they account for the circulating leukocytes.”

“A what?” Max asks as he languidly massages Liz’s right foot with one hand and reaches into the bowl of popcorn with his free hand.

“A mnemoni…hmm…” Liz moans noisily while closing her eyes as she feels the pad of his thumb concentrate on one particular spot in the arch of her foot that was extremely sore from today’s rehearsal. While turning crimson from embarrassment, Liz immediately realizes her slip-up and her eyes pop open only to find Max staring fixedly at her with a peculiar look on his face.

She swallows nervously and quickly attempts an apology, “I’m sorry. It’s just that rehearsals were very tiring today and my feet are a little sore.”

“You don’t have to apologize. In fact, I’m the one that should be apologizing. Clearly, you’re too exhausted to tutor me today but yet you did it anyway. So you have nothing to apologize for.” Max tries to set her at ease but unable to resist, he teasingly adds, “I rather like hearing you moan. It’s cute and I plan on hearing a lot more of it in the future.”

With those words the temperature in the room rose ten uncomfortable degrees as Liz goes from a state of slight embarrassment to acute arousal. She felt her nipples harden and a slight dampness form in the crotch of her panties. She didn’t know what was going on with her body but being around Max Evans made her feel things she never had before. It was as if it was a chemical reaction and she could feel every single cell in her body respond to his nearness. It was both electrifying and frightening at the same time. If her body gave off this kind of response simply by being in his proximity, what would happen if they were to kiss? She’d never kissed a guy or even had an inclination to kiss a guy and lately she’s wanted to kiss Max or rather Max to kiss her since she didn’t have the first notion of what to do. This thought causes her to blush again and she shakes her self out of her thoughts. She was in his room for one purpose and one purpose only which was to tutor him.

Liz clears her throat and reverts back into tutor mode, “As I was saying, a mnemonic is a strategy or way of organizing information in order to remember it. You see, neutrophils account for 54-62% of circulating leukocytes. Next we have lymphocytes which account for 25-33%, monocytes are 3%, eosinophils are 1.3% and basophils are 1%. Using a mnemonic can easily help you to remember all of that.”

She looks pensively at her notes and Max can’t help but think of how cute she looks when she’s deep in thought. He continues massaging her foot for it was the least he could do since she kept her promise to tutor him even though she was fatigued. There was another reason he kept massaging her foot. He just had to touch her. He couldn’t help himself. She was intoxicating, Hell, everything about her was intoxicating from her intelligence to her scent which at the moment he couldn’t get enough of. She smelled of some kind of fresh flowery scent. The smell was so Liz. And he was so gone. If Kyle and the rest of the guys could see him now, sitting in his room drooling over Liz Parker, they would never let up on him. Kyle’s choice words for him would be whipped poodle but he couldn’t care less if he looked like a whipped little poodle or not. All that he cared about besides basketball, his mom and Isabel was Liz. She unknowingly dominated his thoughts and actions.

“I’ve got it.” Exclaims Liz excitedly, “Let’s use the first letter of each white blood cell to create a little saying. The mnemonic that you can use to help you remember the circulating leukocytes is Never Let Max Eat Bagels.”

“Never let Max eat bagels?” He repeats.

“Yes. Do you get it?” She asks.

“Yea, I get it but I’m not going to use it.” Max says. “It’s kind of lame. I actually like Naughty Liz Makes Evans Bulge.”

Ignoring his raunchy comment, Liz replies happy that he actually understood. “That…could work… too.” From their tutoring session this evening, Liz was finding it hard to understand why exactly Max needed tutoring in the first place. He was grasping everything they reviewed with little difficulty.

With a devilish smirk on her face, she plays along, “But... I’m not naughty. I’m nice so you’re going to have to change that to Nice Liz Mocks Evans’ Boldness.”

Clearly impressed, Max raises his eyebrows in surprise to her quick comeback yet, “Oh really?”

“Yea.” Liz answers breathy while biting her lower lip and placing a wisp on hair that had fallen out of one of her knotted ponytails behind her ear. She changes the subject, “Well I think that’s just about enough tutoring for this evening. You’re doing really well. At this rate, you’ll pass the make-up test with no problem.”

“If I’m doing well, it’s because I have such an excellent tutor. You make biology easy to understand.” Max compliments while standing. He extends a hand and helps Liz up to which she responds, “Thanks.”

Max bends down and picks up the two empty cans of Cherry Coke and the empty pop corn bowl. “I’ll be right back.” he says as he stops in front of his trash can to dispose of the two cans before he makes his way into the kitchen to drop off the bowl.

Liz takes this opportunity to scrutinize his room. It was your typical guy’s room. It was a decent size room and housed his bedroom set fairly well with enough open space to prevent one from feeling claustrophobic. His queen-sized, mission bed featured slat styling with an oak finish. The matching dresser, chest and desk completed the set. He also had a small entertainment stand that held his 19 inch television and a mini stereo that sat on top of the chest of drawers. She noticed one wall had several shelves which held his basketball trophies.

Liz takes a seat on his bed near the nightstand. The picture on the nightstand draws her attention so she picks it up to examine it. It’s a picture of Isabel hugging a middle-aged woman with wavy, blonde hair and sparkling, blue eyes, whom she assumes is Max’s mother. His mother looks so familiar to her that it was a little eerie. She couldn’t place where she had seen this woman before but for some reason she was drawn to her. She felt as though she knew her.

“That’s my mother.” Max speaks as he enters his bedroom. The sound of his voice startles Liz causing her to drop the picture on the floor. She quickly dismisses the dejavu feeling chalking it up to probably having seen her at some school function. She bends down and picks up the picture placing it back on his nightstand. She sits back down on his bed.

“She’s beautiful. Isabel looks just like her only with brown eyes.” Liz comments and decides to razz him. “It’s funny how you look nothing like her. I’m guessing that you take after your father more than your mother?”

“Yes. I got his devilishly, handsome, good looks.” Max grins and takes a seat next to her on the bed.

“Conceited much?”

“Always. Remember you, yourself said that I was a selfish, egotistical, condescending ass.” Max answers.

“So…you’re still holding on to that?” Liz mirthfully replies. “If I remember correctly, I believe that I amended that statement and said that you’re only an ass.”

“That’s right. I’ll be that. I’m now officially a conceited ass.” Max beams causing Liz to roll her eyes good-humoredly.
Max leans over and whispers in her ear, “You know you like it.”

The sensation of his breath on her ear causes an indescribable feeling in the pit of her stomach. She turns her head to face him and stares into his eyes. She wanted him to kiss her so badly. If she leaned in a little their lips would touch but she had already embarrassed herself the day before when she almost kissed him and she wouldn’t chance it a second time.

Max feels himself being drawn into her gaze. It was something he noticed happening more often. She could just look at him and he would fall into her stare. It’s so intense and he now understands how a moth is drawn to a flame. Liz is his flame, all consuming and beautiful and if he didn’t watch himself, he might just get burnt.

The sight of Liz unconsciously licking her lips causes him to break from their staring match as he focuses on her lips instead. He wanted to kiss her. He was desperate to taste her ruby red lips but there was one thing he needed to know before he even attempted to kiss her. It was that one question he had been dying to ask her but was hesitant to do so because he didn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

He decides to take the bull by the horns and ask her the question which he does so cautiously. “Liz, have you ever been kissed?”

Liz stiffens as the desire that graced her features is replaced by an unreadable expression which gives way to a frown. “Do I have inexperienced stamped across my forehead?” Liz snaps rather irritably. “Yes, I’m a virgin and let’s just add salt to the wound by admitting that I’ve never been kissed either.”

Max opens his mouth to speak but is cut off by Liz.

“And the reason I’ve never kissed anyone is by my choice and not because no one wants to kiss me.” Liz rants.

“I believe you.” Max interrupts and continues sounding slightly hurt that she would assume her virginal status would alter his opinion of her. “You seem to think I have a problem with you being a virgin but I don’t. To be honest, I don’t know of any guy that would have a problem with it.”

“Really?” Liz asks skeptically.

“Of course. To be someone’s first is an ego booster for most guys.” Max responds with out wavering. “But may I ask why you’ve chosen not to kiss anyone?”

Liz shakes her head, “You’ll think I’m being silly.”

“No I won’t. Try me.” Max persuades.

Liz bites her lower lip and contemplates on whether she should tell Max the truth or not. No matter what he said, she couldn’t help but feel that his opinion of her inexperience was one of negativity. That he would feel she wouldn’t measure up to the other more experienced girls that he’d been with. But he did seem very sincere, so what could it hurt if he knew the truth? He already knew that she was an un-kissed virgin. It couldn’t get any worse than that.

“When I was a little girl, my grandma Claudia told me this story of a handsome alien king whose planet was in turmoil. He was trying to implement changes that would improve his planets way of life which was meeting resistance by his foes. His sovereignty was overthrown by his mortal enemy who was an evil man and this man had him killed. His mother had the scientist of their planet clone him and send him to earth where he would have a chance to regroup and comeback and free their planet from his enemy’s evil rule. While he was on earth in Roswell, he met the love of his life. Fate had him travel across a whole galaxy to unite him with his soul mate. Their love was magical. It was their pure love that gave him strength and enabled him to travel back to his planet and reclaim his throne with his love by his side.” Liz explains.

Max looks on Liz with incredulous eyes and bursts into laughter, “Wow…Liz…that’s…that’s some story… So you’re saving yourself for an alien king?”

“You jerk. Of course not, I don’t believe in aliens. That’s not the point of the story. It’s their love story that is so beautiful. It entranced me even at such an early age and has had such a profound affect on me. It’s really shaped how I view love. I know it sounds silly but I totally believe in the cosmos, fate and all that jazz. You see, I’m not waiting for marriage or anything that drastic. I’m just waiting for… him. The one. My soul mate.” Liz explains with a dreamy sigh.

Liz’s serious tone causes Max to calm down his laughter and really listen to what she was disclosing. “I’m sorry. I only laughed because I thought you were joking. So…you’re really saving yourself for that special someone? I can respect that. You know it’s rare to find a girl actually saving herself for her soul mate. Now days, most girls just give it up to any random guy. But…how do you go about finding the one?” Max questions. He wasn’t sure if he believed in soul mates but he wouldn’t make fun of Liz if she did.

He found me.” Liz answers coyly. For the past couple of days, this had weighed heavily on her mind and she realized she knew who he was. The dumbfound look on Max’s face was enough to make her laugh but she held it in.

“You already know who he is?” Max asks.

“Yes.”

“Will this prevent you from going out with me this weekend?” Max asks unsurely. He had just gotten Liz to be friends with him again and agree to a date with him yet it seemed like some unknown guy was going to prevent him from having a relationship with her.

“No, why would it? I’m looking forward to our date. It’s actually my first date.” Liz divulges.

This revelation cheered Max up a little. He may not be ‘the one’ but he could be apart of one of her firsts. And he was going to make sure her first date was one that she’d never forget. Yet, he was now in competition with some unknown soul mate for Liz’s affections and he wanted to know his enemy.

“Who is he?” Max probes curiously.

“I can’t tell you. Anyway, he doesn’t know yet.” She shrugs.

“Are you going to tell him?”

“No. He has to realize it on his own.” Liz responds firmly.

“Well, did he at least save himself for you?”

“No.” Liz shakes her head sadly.

“He must be a real ass. I mean, you saved yourself for him and he couldn’t do the same.” Max states upset that someone would actually hurt Liz by not saving themselves for her.

Liz tries in vain to suppress her giggle as she thinks back to Max’s self proclamation of being a conceited ass. Liz mumbles, “That’s truer than you realize. It’s okay though, he doesn’t know that he’s the one yet. Besides, it’s sort of a relief that he’s experienced. I certainly wouldn’t know what to do and at least one of us would.”

“Don’t defend him, Liz. I don’t know if I believe in soul mates but if I did and was the one, I would have waited for you.” Max declares.

Liz smiles and fights the urge to cup his cheek. Max was a real sweet heart when he wanted to be. It’s a shame that not too many people get to see this side of him but at least he willingly shared this side of himself with her. “Just say, a little birdie told me that he would have waited if he knew.”

Deciding that he’s had enough of talking about this mystery guy, Max changes the subject, “I know you’re tired and all but it’s not that late, we could still hang out for a bit.”

Max continues while silently praying that she’d concede, “It’s just that I’ve really enjoyed myself this evening and I sort of don’t want it to end.”

“Me neither.” Liz agrees. “Sure, what did you have in mind?”

“Let’s take a ride. I can show you my spot.” Max grins and lightly nudges her arm before standing up.

“Your spot?” Liz asks with raised brows.

“Yes. My spot.” Max clarifies while extending his hand to help her off of the bed. “It’s where I go to get away from the stress of the day. So, shall we?”

“We shall.” Liz smiles as she gives Max her hand to assist her off of his comfy bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Roswell’s local YMCA

“Max, are you sure it’s okay for us to be here?” Liz asks loudly while looking around the dark surroundings to make certain that they were indeed alone in the large expanse of the building that housed the public pool. Even though, she saw Max use the key to let them into the building and punch in a code to turn off the alarm which she assumed he knew from working there during the summer, it still didn’t mean they had permission to be there this evening after hours.

“Yes, my boss lets me come here after hours to use the pool or play basketball.” Max explains from the opposite end of the Olympic sized pool where he had just turned on the lights and the power to heat the pool.

He walks back towards Liz at the other end of the pool. She’s sitting at one of the tables turning the dial of the boom box that Max brought with them in search of her favorite radio station. As soon as she finds the station, Interpol’s ‘Evil’ resonates from the speakers.

Max kicks off his shoes and removes his socks. He grabs the hem of his shirt and lifts his arms up over his head stripping him of the garment revealing his smooth, sculptured chest. He begins to unbuckle his belt but the sudden sound of a gasp halts his actions. He lifts his head to see a very shocked Liz staring wide eyed and open-mouthed at him.

“What the hell are you doing?” Liz hisses once she regains control of her faculties.

“I thought it was kind of obvious. I mean, I didn’t bring you here to just stare at the pool.” Max answers matter of factly.

“We can’t go swimming. We don’t even have swim su…” Liz begins but stops mid sentence once she realizes his implications. “Uh uh…no way. It’s so not going to happen. I am not skinny dipping”

“Come on Liz. It’ll be fun. We don’t have to skinny dip, although it gets my vote but we can swim in our underwear.” Max tries to persuade while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. “It’s something we can tell the grandkids about.”

Liz raises an eyebrow in amusement at his last statement. “Is that a proposal?”

Max raises both hands up and quickly replies, “NOOOOOO.”

“Well it sounds like a proposal to me if you’re trying to get a glimpse of my underwear.” Liz tilts her head and says in mock seriousness. “It’s not even a fair proposition. You would get to see my unmentionables and what do I get in return?”

“You’d get to see this fine specimen in wet boxers. I myself would have to say that’s an even trade off.” Max rebuttals. “Come on Liz.”

“I may like you but I’m not getting in that pool with you in only my underwear.” Liz states.

“You like me?” Max mouth spreads into a wide blinding smile.

“Uh…d-did I just say that out loud?” Liz stutters

“Yes, you did.”

“Just call it temporary insanity.” Liz tries to recover from her blunder. In an attempt to change the current topic of conversation, Liz reluctantly concedes to swimming.

Liz turns her back to Max as he strips off his denim jeans revealing his pair of blue and green plaid boxer shorts. He jumps into the deep end of the pool and calls for Liz to join him.

Max turns around providing Liz with a little privacy in order to remove her clothing. Liz is still dressed in her rehearsal gear from earlier and begins to remove the leotard, shorts and tights she was wearing. Once stripped of her clothing, she is left in a pair of white cotton panties and matching bra.

Liz dives in the pool and comes up behind Max. Unable to resist, Max turns around and splashes her in the face. Said action signals an all and out war as Liz spatters back. The water battle goes on for about twenty minutes until Max swims toward the shallow end of the pool and raises his hands in surrender.

“I give.” He says in capitulation.

“Now say it.” Liz demands before she swims towards the shallow end of the pool.

“Say what?” Max asks.

Liz tilts her head from side to side to drain the water from her ears and smiles smugly, “That I’m the Queen of the pool and that you were no match to my superior, warrior-skills. Basically, you were an ineffectual opponent.”

“Ineffectual?” Max quirks a brow and begins to clap. “Nice use of an SAT word.”

“You know, sometimes I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He muses honestly. “I’ve come to the conclusion that you may be too smart for your own good.”

“Well what’s the alternative? Be stupid. I think not.” Liz responds as she walks closer to him.

“Actually, you sound a lot like Michael. He’s always telling me I think entirely too mu…” Liz trails off realizing she no longer held Max’s attention. “Max?”

They both stood in the shallow end of the pool facing one another. Correction, Max was staring at Liz. Gone was the mischievousness of two minutes earlier as his features give away one emotion…desire. His eyes were now darkened with wild, unbidden passion and his mouth slightly ajar as he takes in everything that is Liz from the neck down. As if in a trance, he wets his lips and takes a step forward towering over Liz.

She unconsciously takes a tiny step forward and looks up at him hesitantly with wide innocent eyes but Max isn’t looking at her face. His gaze is lower which causes her to become self conscious.

“If I had known we were going swimming, I would have worn my black, lacey bra and panty set instead of just plain, white cotton.” Liz says in jest, in an attempt to ease the tension.

Her comment breaks him out of the spell she unknowingly cast as he leans forward and whispers in her ear in a husky voice, “I rather like plain, white cotton for it has the uncanny ability of becoming transparent when wet.”

His breath on her skin was enough to cause goose bumps to form on her arms even in the heated pool. His voice was so hypnotic that she bites her lower lip and closes her eyes. But it’s his words that make her eyes open wide just as quickly. Her bra was now transparent! She instinctively crosses her arms over her chest in an attempt to prevent Max from seeing anymore of her body.

She’s mortified beyond belief. She knew it was a bad idea to go swimming with Max this evening without swim suits. They’d been in the pool for about thirty minutes and in all that time, he never once told her that he could see through her bra. Mortification is replaced by lividness.

“How dare you not tell me that you could see through my under wear.” Liz fumes. “We’ve been here for nearly thirty minutes and you never mentioned it.”

“We were at war, Liz.” Max makes light of the situation and chuckles. “Remember the battle of the water and you being the Queen of the pool. With your superior warrior skills and me being an ineffectual opponent, I didn’t have time to notice.”

“Oh...so you think this is funny.” She asks indignantly.

“You’ve got to admit that it’s kind of funny.” He answers. “I swear I never noticed until just a minute ago. Most of the time we were in the deep end of the pool so I only saw your head and it wasn’t until we swam to the shallow end that I noticed.”

Liz recognizes that he’s telling the truth but she’s still pissed that he thinks it’s funny. How would he like it if the situation were reversed? It was then that an idea popped into her head and she knew what she had to do.

Max sees her stance relax a little but she’s still sporting a scowl. She’s frowning but he recognizes something different in her eyes. He can see the wheels of her mind spinning, trying to formulate a plan of action. Liz looks at him and her scowl slowly turns into a devilish smirk and on impulse he starts to take off swimming towards the deep end of the pool but it’s too late as Liz grabs a hold of his boxers and yanks in the opposite direction. The boxers slide past his legs and before he knows it, he’s completely nude in the pool. Liz takes off swimming toward the deep end of the pool with his boxers in her hand.

He swims after her intent on getting his boxers back. He reaches Liz before she makes it out of the four feet and grasps for her hand but before he can grab his under wear, she smirks at him and throws them out of the pool unto the pavement. Under normal circumstances, he would be in awe of Liz’s throw. Despite the wetness of his under garment, she was able to throw it a great distance. He could even find the humor in the situation if this happened to anyone else but be that as it may, it happened to him and he was now stark naked in a pool with a giggling Liz Parker.

Liz’s quiet giggles turn into all out laughter. Two can play that game he thinks to himself as he turns to her with a smirk while taking steps toward her. Liz’s laughter stops and she begins to back away from him.

“This is funny?” Max asks.

“Well, you’ve got to admit that it’s kind of funny.” Liz parrots his earlier response and comes to a halt as she feels her back come in contact with wet concrete. She was trapped. With the wall of the pool behind her and Max in front of her, she couldn’t move. Feeling very exposed, she again crosses her arms over her chest as Max’s gaze travels south of her neck.

With only a few inches between them, Max extends both of his arms so that his hands are touching the wall of the pool thus imprisoning Liz even more.

“Just to stop you from getting away.” Max states. “I don’t want you fleeing from me.”

“Who says that I want to get away?” Liz boldly counters and steps closer to him narrowing the already small gap between them. She uncrosses her arms from her chest and licks her lips while staring up into Max’s eyes that were now staring back.

“Liiizzz.”, Max groans.

“Go ahead Max.” Liz invites. “What are you waiting for?”

He balls his hands into fists and his face contorts into a grimace as if he were in extreme pain, for he was in extreme desirous pain. He wanted to kiss her more than anything but refrains from it, knowing that it would be a mistake. If she were any other girl, more than just kissing would be taking place at this moment, for he was naked in a pool with a female that is practically naked too. But this is Liz and she’s special. Things are different with her. He has to control his urge to pounce on her, no matter how sexy and semi-naked she looks currently with her perky breasts standing at attention just waiting for his fingers to knead their twin peeks. Mud…mud…mud…damn it, mud, he thinks to himself trying to get his mind off of her anatomy.

“You don’t want to kiss me?” Liz asks disappointedly.

“If you were any other girl I would have by now.” Max quickly amends his statement when he notices the look of hurt upon her face. “That came out wrong. What I’m trying to say is that I like you, Liz. A lot. With any other girl, it would be just a meaningless kiss but with you it’s not. It’s much more. It would be your first kiss and you deserve someone who’s worthy to be your first kiss. And as much as I want to kiss you, I’m not worthy. I can be really selfish at times and I end up doing a lot of things I’m not proud of. Like today for instance, I …”

Liz places her fingers up to his lips interrupting him. “Shh…Max no one in this world is perfect. I for one am far from perfect so please don’t put me up on a pedestal. What ever happened today I don’t want to know about it. Just fix it. I have faith in you that you’ll do the right thing. You have your faults just like everyone else but you’ve also shown me the other side of Max Evans, the decent, caring, side. And because you can readily admit your faults, that makes you worthy for there aren’t many people who openly admit their mistakes.”

“Liz, I’ve never really cared about what people think of me but for some reason your opinion matters to me. I don’t want to disappoint you.” Max interjects.

“Max, I’m not going into this blindly. I have no expectations of you, other than for you to be yourself. I like you, for who you are. Faults and all. I’ve met the jerky Max as well as the caring Max and I know that whenever jerky Max makes an appearance, caring Max is there to correct his mistakes. Like you did with me.” She smiles warmly. “So whatever happened today, fix it. I know you will. You’re too good of a person not to. Whether you realize it or not, you’re 100% worthy to kiss me...I want to experience my first kiss with you”

“What about your soul mate?”

“Believe me, he won’t mind.” Liz replies.

Liz tentatively takes the final step forward bridging the gap between them. The feel of her body pressed up against Max’s was electric. The skin to skin contact was making her feel all of those unfamiliar feelings she’d been having earlier today in his bedroom. Her beating heart sped up as she waits on bated breath for their lips to meet.

Max cups the back of her head with one hand pulling her closer while his other arm wraps around her waist. He leans downward closing his eyes as his lips are greeted by a pair of soft, warm lips. The kiss starts off as gentle and chaste but quickly turns heated as Liz moans, opening her entrance more and providing Max with the opportunity to explore the depths of her mouth.

The initial touch of his tongue causes a shock to run through her body and on its own accord, her tongue returns his caresses. Their tongues passionately duel as both Max and Liz acquaint themselves with one another. It’s their combined ministrations that elicit another moan from Liz causing Max to lose control of his lower member as it responds naturally.

The feel of his engorged member poking into her stomach causes Liz to gasp in surprise. Max breaks the kiss and leans his forehead on hers trying to calm his breathing. He was in heaven as his body soared from the feel of Liz’s body pressed up against him. He could feel her hardened nipples through the wet fabric of her bra piercing into his chest and he was straining to get his lower anatomy back in check. Even though the feel of Liz Parker in his arms was new, it was also familiar and comfortable if that was even possible. She fit so perfectly next to him and he felt as though he had come home, that Liz was made to fit into his arms.

“Sorry about that.” Max blushes.

“It’s alright. I was a little worried that I wasn’t kissing you right but I guess that’s proof that I did something right.” Liz soothes.

“Liz Parker, you were perfect. Everything about you is perfect.” Max answers taking a step backwards. “I hope I wasn’t disappointing.”

“No. It was…wow.” Liz sighs dreamily. “And remember, no one is perfect.”

“Well, you’re pulling up pretty close to it.” Max says causing Liz to giggle. “It’s getting pretty late. We should go. Do you think you could…maybe… turn around so that I can retrieve my boxers?”

Liz’s cheeks turn a hue of pink remembering that Max was completely naked in the pool. “Yea…sorry about that…but I had to show you how it felt to be exposed. I’m just gonna turn around now.”

She turns her back to Max as he hops out of the pool to recover his boxers. Once he’s dressed, he turns around giving Liz privacy to get out of the pool and retrieve her clothes and dress. When both are dressed, they gather the boom box, turn off the pool’s heater and lights and leave the YMCA.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Alley behind the Crashdown

With one swift wave to Max, Liz quickly crawls up the ladder leading to the balcony outside of her bedroom. She was still wet from their time at the pool and wanted to get into her bedroom as soon as possible for she didn’t want to risk catching a cold or even worse, pneumonia. Once she reaches the balcony, she walks to her window and lifts it just high enough so that she can fit through it.

As her feet hit the cushiony carpet of her bedroom, the lights flick on and her best friend, Michael is standing before her.

“Liz, we need to talk.” Michael says as he takes a seat on her bed.

Tbc…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Last edited by behrlyliz on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Framing Hanley