More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

PuReDrEaMeR05 wrote:Okay I've been making art for a while but I still have no clue how to blend images very well. When making art I always just take a few pictures and overlay them and erase areas i don't want shown which makes the edges look a little rough and the images don't flow I guess you could say. So, my first question is, is there and easier way to take someone or something out of a photo without having to erase unwanted mess? And....how to I get this sort of blending.....

Here - made by Forced To Die

I've been wanting to do it but still can't find a way to. Thanks! :D
Does the blending having anything to do with the feather tool thingy?
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Here's how I think that image blended:

1. She used the Smart Blur filter to smoothen out her images. Remember, always play with the degree of blurring. You don't want your images to come out extremely smooth that they look freaky.
2. She used the soft round brush to erase the edges of the pictures.
3. Since the pictures are all from the same time, same camera, it's much easier to blend them together. If the edges are rough, use your blur tool on a low strength to smoothen them.
5. If you want to can add a coloured-blurred out image on top of your fanart and set it to screen. That can lighten up your whole art.
<center>Image</center>
puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

Thanks so much Cristine! :D
lockheart
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lockheart »

this thread has got to be many artists' saviour. ahah. so question (pertaining to PS7):

how do you make uh...swirly shape things? like...ribbons. sorta. the best example i can find is this:

http://shadows.burnt-spaghetti.net/unconv/dwfawp01.jpg

i mean, i don't even know what it's called. making a ....vector mask? it looks like....like one of the preset shapes that comes with photoshop or something. ok that didn't make any sense. lemme rephrase. how do you....make shapes like that? ones that don't look like you tried to draw them with your mouse and the pencil tool. i think they look incredibly cool and i'm going crazy. help?

~Juliet :P
lockheart
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lockheart »

hm. well this is awkward. i'm going to.....go ahead and answer my own ....question. :lol: :roll:

first off. check out this page chock full of tutorials http://www.heathrowe.com/tutorials.asp

then check out this page...specifically titled 'making swirls with the pen tool' http://www.heathrowe.com/tuts/swirls.asp. i feel reaall smart right about now. and here i thought the pen tool was dysfunctional or something. always filling stuff in....psh. wow thanks guys! you guys were so much help :wink:

~Juliet :P
Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

Juliet, thank you so much for that link! I've always wondered how people made those swirly-things as well, so I'm confident that the link you gave me is going to help me a lot.

Thanks. :)

Stefanie

P.S. I think it's really impressive you were able to answer your own question. :wink:
<center>...endless so far in myself, follow me...
</center>
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Anais Nin wrote:P.S. I think it's really impressive you were able to answer your own question. :wink:
I agree! Excellent sleuthing. :) I tried using the pen tool before and I'm terrible at it. :lol: I just use brushes that someone else has made from *their* successful pen swirlies! :D
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
puredreamer05
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by puredreamer05 »

Anyone know how to make this box type things behind words?

Like here - Don't remember who made it. Will give credit if anyone knows.

I've been trying to figure out how to do it on art and icons but I can't seem to get it. Anyone know? BTW, I use PS7 :D Thanks
Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

was wondering if there was a way to clean up the edges on this banner. I used a transparent background but it makes the edges rough.

Here's what it looks like [url]http://imagination_central.aimoo.com[/url]
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Ella1022 wrote:was wondering if there was a way to clean up the edges on this banner. I used a transparent background but it makes the edges rough.
I would try using the blur tool along the edges, but make sure to only stick to the edges. Play with the strength level. Remember you can always blur more but you cannot blur less. ;) That should smoothen it out.
<center>Image</center>