Asian Roswellians #2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Maxs Angel
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxs Angel »

Hey all

the kitchens been hectic, and we moved again , so lifes been long long non-ending days.

Benz: hope staying home is a ton of fun, though I'm sad that my fellow fanatic couldn't make it here to take over the campus with me!

Sharmeen: haal vadiya hai! I didn't know you spoke punjabi!

FallenMagic: hehe, just before I was first coming to the states, mom definately went all Bend it Like Beckham mom on me! she was like, you have to learn how to cook! I'm glad she did though, I love cooking now!

liz_maria: I love being here I have to say, nothing quite like going across the globe to have some fun!

hope you're all doing well!!
ciao
Guess who's back
Yeah, it's Max, Liz and the whole gang, starring once again in Semi Charmed Life
Tune in on the AU board to find out what happens next!
Saymi007
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Saymi007 »

Rida: i know how you feel when ure mom is after ure life top teach u how to cook. Ive lived thru it!! but i got teh hang of it now. See we're fro m the Cocan region so one ingredient is essential in everything we eat, Coconut milk, so anythign with coconut milk is bound to be tasty!!!So no slaving over the kitchen for me!!! not that much anyway.i havent had the chance to go to rainbow centre since my twin brother is too busy with his friends wat with his examz finisheda and all. and i cant go with my dad since i sorta had this huge fight with him adn we're not talking.sigh. the woes of being a teenager!

Angel: i dont really speak punjabi but some of my close friends are punjabi so i picked a little bit up from them.

Liz_maria: Aaah yes school does suck doesnt it? But atleast u meet ure friends on regular bases right? not much consolation? hey i tried!!!!

Benz: So u dint end up going to teh states? Maybe you're better off that way, my brother went to Canada and he misses Pakistan like crazy!!
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

*enter and paces*

IBA test on Sunday, IBA test on Sunday! *breaths fast trying to calm down*

OHG! I'm never going to pass it!

For those of you who don't live here, IBA is the best school in Karachi and you have to pass the entrance test to get in. The test is on Sunday and I'm freaking out!

And the test is only step 1! There's a group discussion and interview you have to pass! *bites nails in panic*

Wish me luck!!
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Hey guys!

So how's everyone?

Yesterday was the Linkin Park Concert in Bangkok... OMG! It was probably one of the best performances I've ever seen. They looked great and the concert was rockin'!!! It was a crowd of 30,000 and the place was actually shaking with the songs! :D And Mike was so cute :twisted: Haha... I got to scream out "I love you Mike" but I don't know if he heard it or not. I just *had* to do that, ya know?

Anyway... about studying abroad and all... I was really disappointed when my parents gave me the 'no-no' sign. But then I've come to accept that. And now I'm totally fine with staying the country and all.

~Benz
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
Saymi007
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Saymi007 »

Rida: oooooooohh the IBA test!!! I remember how scared i was i think i threw up atleast 4 times!!! Good Luck yaar!! Hope it goes really really well. If u need any help for the interveiw just lemme know.

Benz: u went to a Linkin Park concert??? Ohh luckkkkkkyy!! No one ever comes to Pakistan. its understadnable it being an Islamic Republic and all.
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

A big HI to everyone!

Today's a painfull school night. Just finished a foreign language test and I couldn't be any more exhausted. I flunked (well, almost :roll: ) 2 tests and I keep forgetting to answer a section or two in each test because I always jump around the questions. (Talk about carelessness. :( ) I'm trying really hard to remember that for the next test, so I won't screw up on those anymore. :cry:

Rida Good luck on that test of yours <fingers are crossed>. :wink: And there's more? <Sending a ton of good-luck cards>. Hope you do well. :D

Benz You went to the concert? That's so much fun! :D
Oh, and about the fic, really really sorry but can I delay it's posting for about a week or two? School's just so...hectic. :( I'll definitely take the time to do it on the weekends.

~!~

B. Back Soon,
Marie
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Saymi007 wrote:Benz: u went to a Linkin Park concert??? Ohh luckkkkkkyy!! No one ever comes to Pakistan. its understadnable it being an Islamic Republic and all.
Don't worry too much about that. You can always fly abroad 8) I'd love to go around the world...

Marie, don't worry about the fic. Take your time. No hurry :wink:

~Benz
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
Saymi007
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Saymi007 »

Liz_maria: While I'm not in school anymore i can totally relate to flunking a foreign language. "Sindhi" Well its technically my provincial languge :oops: but its feels like foreign language cos its only spoken in the rural areas. Hang in there girl. Heres some advice that worked fo me. Try Solidfying one whole section; like if u have three sections: poetry, prose and grammar then try to be very strong in atleast one fo those section, ure bound to pass then. hope i was of some help. :D

Benz: Hehe i do plan to some travelling in teh coming year, like thers 90% chance ill be goign to India in December to visit my nani (maternal grandmother). And next year the whole family is prolly goign to Toronto for my brothers graduation Inshallah. It'll be my first time to Canada. Ive always wanted to come to Bangkok though, my aubnt went this summer and she was like the shopping is amazing!! *sigh* May be some day.

Rida: What happened about IBA girl? lemme know will you. My Duas are with u!!
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

I didn't pass :cry: Now i'm just down...sigh...ah well, that's life I guess.

How's everyone doing? Vacations started?
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

Hi! Just making a stop. :D School is still torturous and sometimes boring. :roll:

Rida: I feel your pain. :( But as the saying goes, 'when a door closes a window opens'. Be optimistic. :) I'm sure there's something good that'll come out of it.