When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Weighing in from looking at the transcripts, as usual:

inconclusive. ;) Apparently, he's referred to as James in '285 south' (when Michael was looking him up on milton's computer,) and in 'river dog', when Valenti was interviewing Milton. Max called him William Atherton in 'four square', when he thinks tess is nasedo and is confronting her with nasedo's killings.

It would be good to check these on the DVDs for the sake of completeness, but looks like James has the edge so far, to me.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Antar Question

Post by Mt Gazer »

First page of the Destiny Book.

In Baby Its You when they found the translation of the book. Here is a link.... Courtesy Crashdown.

http://www.crashdown.com/cgi-bin/screen ... 19_288.jpg

The line is.

You have been given the Granolith as a transport between Earth and Antar. (or something like that.) My computer just went slow again. BOO-HOO!!!

Mt Gazer
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
Gioia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Gioia »

From a WB interview (12-18-2000) with Jason Katims:
Is the information given on the website at http://www.silverhandprint.com considered to be part of the canon of Roswell, or should we just draw our conclusions from what we've seen on the show?
Jason: Good question.. All of the information on the website comes from the episodes themselves and information received from myself and the rest of the writing staff.
Jason: While I haven't been able to cull through every piece of information put out there, it should serve as an accurate appendix to the show.
Jason: For example, we'll be revealing the homeworld planet's name on silverhandprint.com probably next week.
Here's the link to where the silverhandprintz material is recreated: Click Here. I've also got those images uploaded in THIS ALBUM. Because of the placement of that info in with Dupe material, it is presumed by many that Max would've heard about their planet being named Antar from the dupes. (Maybe during that loooong talk they had off-camera with the dupes in the UFO center?)
Last edited by Gioia on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
April Author Auction ~*~ March 26-29, 2010
Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ladeia3 »

I have a question.... (okay so it's I'm being a lazy ass and decided not to dig through dvd's and tapes to try and figure it out on my own) anyway this is about the "vision/flash/mindwarp" thing that occurred I believe in Four Square or Crazy... Anyway, I decided to rewatch the season 1 eppies of when Tess came to town (Yeah, I'm making myself suffer needlessly, but I read something the other day that just made me think and I had to go back and take another look at Tess and the first eppies she was in) and I was watching the vision thingie where Max just accused Tess of being Nasedo and she tells him he's seen her before yada yada and he has that vision that (apparently lasted all night) showed them coming out of the pods and him seeing Tess floating in her pod. Anyway, I remember back in the day when the eppy first aired there being a debate on the differences between that "vision/mindwarp" and what Max remembered back in the Balance. Anyway, I was wondering if someone knew of all of the differences or a site where all the differences were listed. (I think some of the differences include the color of the pods, the way they left the pod chamber and young Isabel's hair) Does anyone know if it was ever really decided if that vision thingie was a real flash and not a mindwarp by Tess to make him remember her? And I'm probably asking something that has been debated to death already so if there is a site where said debate has been archived I would appreciate the link. I know I remembered thinking about it back when it first aired but at the time I was too busy hating Tess and what the writers were doing to pay much attention to the details. Thanks
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

I don't think they ever actually SHOWED the pod chamber and the emergence in Balance. Max just told Liz what he remembered. If I remember correctly, the first time we actually saw them directly after the emergence from the pods was in FS. I could be wrong though.

Kath
Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ladeia3 »

Didn't Max mention they were green? Hmm.. I guess I have to go back and read the transcripts... anyway, I still want to know why the pods were clear in the vision thingy but green when they actually saw them. So I guess that just leaves the hair thing which was probably just an oversight by the writers... *sigh* I know there was a debate about whether it was real or not... Just wish I remembered more about it.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

I don't know where abouts Ladeia, but if there was a discussion on that, it's quite likely to be found on here I'd think. I have to say I agree that I have a vague recollection when I was browsing through something of seeing something similar to what you're talking about. Unfortunately that was some time ago though :( .

http://thesmudge.com/shapeshifter/Roswe ... index.html
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Ladeia3 wrote:Does anyone know if it was ever really decided if that vision thingie was a real flash and not a mindwarp by Tess to make him remember her?
KatnotKath posted the link to where you'd find the discussion, Ladeia. I remember discussing the topic at length on the Liz Myth thread eons ago, and I believe that every time it came up, we ended up agreeing that there was no way to reconcile the differences between Max's description of their emergence from the pods, and his flashes from Tess. It seemed to be another case of lack of continuity, and the show's intention was that we accept that events happened as they were shown to Max in the flashes. This was reinforced by the flashes Michael gave Maria in Departure of himself as a little kid, which matched Max's flashes from Tess. General consensus was that it was supposed to have been a real flash. :)
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ladeia3 »

Thanks Tas, I never saw the scene where Michael gave Maria flashes mainly because I wasn't real happy with the show then... I was too worried about seeing scenes of Max and Tess together. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Scifi airs the eppy and watch it. Darn... and here I was hoping that it was inconsistant enough to cause reasonable doubt. Oh well.... Thanks again everyone and for the link Kat.
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Ladeia3 wrote:Thanks Tas, I never saw the scene where Michael gave Maria flashes mainly because I wasn't real happy with the show then... I was too worried about seeing scenes of Max and Tess together. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Scifi airs the eppy and watch it. Darn... and here I was hoping that it was inconsistant enough to cause reasonable doubt. Oh well.... Thanks again everyone and for the link Kat.
Oh hell, if you're looking for reasonable doubt, it's totally there LOL. Using Max's flashes from Tess and his explanation in Balance as being different isn't a stretch, for plot stuff.
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins