More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

lockheart
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lockheart »

:oops: OOPS :oops: I should come back sooner so I can make replies huh? Anyways uh, I think someone said to sleuth so i sleuthed and thus sleuthed up......the answer to my own question. I felt silly at the time but I guess if you all were wondering how to make swirlies too then it can't hurt. Thanks Stefanie and Tas for making me feel less like a dork :roll: That tutorial does wonders for that pen tool huh? :D Makes me wonder if there are other tools that I'm using incorrectly....

~Juliet :P

Post by Guest »

does anyone know how to use the paint option its something that comes with Micrsoft xp, which i completely suck at using, I'm trying to manip picks and I can't do it it will only let me use one graphic at a time. how do I merge them if its possible do with this program.
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

Andi, the "Paint" program is only for rough drawing. You cannot actually make fancy art on it. Most of us use either Photoshop or Paint shop Pro. However, there are other digital art programs out there like Corel Photo Paint etc.
<center>Image</center>

Post by Guest »

Lolita Behrbuns wrote:Andi, the "Paint" program is only for rough drawing. You cannot actually make fancy art on it. Most of us use either Photoshop or Paint shop Pro. However, there are other digital art programs out there like Corel Photo Paint etc.
This guy at best buy {multimedia store) told me to get something called pinnacle image editing, well I put it on my computer and its for making vcd's so now i'm even more confused. I just want to make wallpapers with graphics I've saved on my computer grrr lol I only have a cdr/rw and dvd r so I can't make them....I can't even use windows movie maker...because I don't know how to save clips.
lockheart
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by lockheart »

Andi04 wrote:This guy at best buy {multimedia store) told me to get something called pinnacle image editing, well I put it on my computer and its for making vcd's so now i'm even more confused. I just want to make wallpapers with graphics I've saved on my computer
Good lord that sounds confusing. I'd definitely say to try out trial versions of photoshop and paint shop pro. you should be able to get 30 day trials at http://www.download.com and decide which one you like better (though I think the trial of photoshop restricts you from exporting to the web?).

I think the biggest plus of picking one of those two is that most people use them. Therefore, those many people post up lots of pretty tutorials for you to leech off of. :lol: OR you could....try downloading them. *whistles innocently* I didn't say anything. Did you me suggest anything illegal? O=) Noo...

~Juliet :P
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Eccentric One wrote:I am looking at getting into fanart. What are the best programs? I know several people who use Photoshop. What sort of items should I look to make sure are part of any program I'm considering?

Thanks for any input. If I'm going to spend possibly hundreds of dollars on a program, I want to make sure I have a good chance of getting my money's worth.

Kara
I was wondering if Jasc Animation Shop is smidge similar to PSP8? I know PSP8 is more advanced and the outcomes are great but I have to do some heavy convincing for my father to actually get it. So I was thinking maybe start him off with Animation Shop, but I'm wondering if it could be used for fan art, banners, mixing photos that kind of technical mumbo jumbo that PSP8 is known for. I have a few fan fics and I would really love to include fan art with them as I see other writers do. :P Or is there another program besides Jasc that allow you to do the same?
AmeliaML4
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmeliaML4 »

Alright,

I would like to start making fanart but I am really retarded when it comes to those kinds of things and have absolutely no IDEA where to start. I assume I need to buy a photoshop program or somehting like that?? I'm sure this question has been asked before and I don't want to bother people so if someone wants to just drop me a link, or PM me or something just to help get me started on the right track I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!! Thank you for whoever has the time to help a retard like me! lol thanks guys!

~Amelia
~~Hope dies last~~

A Smile So Sad
Loving Life
AmeliaML4
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmeliaML4 »

Thank you so much I will definitely look into that!

~Amiee
~~Hope dies last~~

A Smile So Sad
Loving Life
Spacegirl04
Addicted Roswellian
Location: will change avi if someone else has it; waiting to be admitted to psych ward

Post by Spacegirl04 »

hehe It's andi04 I had trouble with my password on the old screename so I got a new one..well I have finally got psp 8 and managed to make my very first avi and well its not finished, it is crap lol I'm gonna play around with it before I post in public...I've also heard that photobucket is a good source for hosting pics...I haven't used it myself but, alot of people say good things about it...FYI

btw dreamingofmax84 I love your avi...:P that is a really good pic of jason...:P
My Fics

Save the cheerleader Save the world,-heroes, I say huh?
DreamerHeart
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerHeart »

I just got 3.o. How do you put pics and where is the best place to get them from?
*Abby*
I love him, O yes I do, he's for me, not for you, and if by chance you take my place, I'll take my fist and smash your face. -unknown