When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

RebeccaBehrEvans
Addicted Roswellian
Location: Like Heidi... in the green, but freaking cold mountain!!

Post by RebeccaBehrEvans »

Norma, in Graduation we have a date... when Liz has a flash Max says We die June 12th. and then we have twelve days to figure out of to stop it... so the day of the vision was either June the 1rst or maybe May 31... Tess died one week earlier (cf: Liz says so at the beginning of the epi. in voice over) give or take a day, because I'm almost sure that the make out session of M and L to find more clues had to be a few days after she first started having visions. Max gave his son to adoption around the same time more or less... since he did so a week after Tess's death. (see end of 4AAAB) ... so i'll say that the whole epi. happened around the end of May.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

lizard_queen wrote:I know that in 4 Aliens and A Baby Max and Liz were 'studying' for their Sats... when ever they are. (i'm an Aussie, we dont have Sats.) and then in Graduation the Sat's were done...

That probably didn't help much.
Yeah, they would have taken their SATs much earlier than that episode. :lol: That was so random. You take your SATs in the fall of your senior year so you can send your scores along with your college applications. So taking them in May makes absolutely no sense. Especially since Liz gets her acceptance letter a couple of weeks after that at the beginning of Graduation. Which...she would have gotten earlier, too. :lol: But whatever...
RebeccaBehrEvans
Addicted Roswellian
Location: Like Heidi... in the green, but freaking cold mountain!!

Post by RebeccaBehrEvans »

Norma I was kind of in a hurry this morning but I think I can answer to a few more of your questions :lol:
When did the Crash episode happen?
When was the baby found?
Tess die?
Okay, here is what is sure... the day the Evanses spy on Isabel using her powers is May 10th, we've got that from 4AAAB, when the Military come to their house and take the tape we can clearly see 'Isabel, O5/10/02' written on it.

Now using that and the rest of the Crash episode, I'd say:
The Crash happened May 8th since if you watch the epi. you can see that there are obviously two nights between the moment the crash happens and the moment Isabel is filmed (1rst night Michael is there when the crash happens, which would be the night of May 8th the second one is when he comes and presents the daughter of the pilot (uh, Connie? :? ) to Max and Liz and Max asks to talk to him, May 9th... and then May 10th they rescue him and Isabel is filmed... does that work for everyone so far? :?

Now this is just a guess, but I'd say that Tess probably woke up and killed everyone on the base the day after or a couple of days after that... from her talk with Max in 4AAAB she said that she woke up just in time to get Zan, but I don't see her being out of it for more days considering the Crash apparently happened on May 8th.

That's also the same day/night they try to make her escape and fail, the day they all vote at Isabel's... and the same day she decides to sacrifice herself, ... so that would date her death around May 11th or 12th.

Max decides to give Zan to adoption one week later( see end of 4AAAB)... so apparently on May 18th or 19th... but when his parents take him away Max is not wearing the same clothes, so either he changed in the meantime :lol:, or they messed up big time again here (which definitely could happen!) or it's supposed to be another day. Don't know how long it could have taken the Evanses to take care of everything regarding the adoption... but it seems to be falling into place, and they would have left around the 25th if you see large.

Now I couldn't but if anyone can see a date on the newspaper Liz is holding at the beginning of Graduation... if they did this right of course and the date makes sense, it could certainly help you some more :wink:

That's it I guess :?
Norma Bates
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Norma Bates »

tequathisy wrote:Does anyone know how old Jim Valenti is or long he worked in the sheriffs department for?
Jim was born in 1951 per the Crashdown timeline. I don't see a date for him becoming sheriff.
I love my horse. Really.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

Norma Bates wrote:
Jim was born in 1951 per the Crashdown timeline. I don't see a date for him becoming sheriff.
Thanks Norma. I've just realised that Jim was 49 in S1 when he started dating Amy Deluca who was only about 32 years old at the time. That'a an age gap of 18 years, which means that Jim was 35 when arrested 17 year old Amy because he thought she was cute. That's a bit ew.
Banner by Evelyn
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Fehrbaby wrote:What color are Courtney's eyes?
In the scene at the end of 'ask not' where she sheds her skin in the crash bathroom, they definitely seem to be on the blue side... pale blue or grayish blue. (Not a very intense blue.)

Hope that helps.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Norma Bates
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Norma Bates »

tequathisy wrote:
Norma Bates wrote:
Thanks Norma. I've just realised that Jim was 49 in S1 when he started dating Amy Deluca who was only about 32 years old at the time. That'a an age gap of 18 years, which means that Jim was 35 when arrested 17 year old Amy because he thought she was cute. That's a bit ew.
Actually according to the Crashdown timeline:

1961 - Amy De Luca born

That makes him 10 years older. I don't see anything wrong with that. My dad's 10 years older than my Mom.
I love my horse. Really.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Norma Bates wrote:
tequathisy wrote: Thanks Norma. I've just realised that Jim was 49 in S1 when he started dating Amy Deluca who was only about 32 years old at the time. That'a an age gap of 18 years, which means that Jim was 35 when arrested 17 year old Amy because he thought she was cute. That's a bit ew.
Actually according to the Crashdown timeline:

1961 - Amy De Luca born

That makes him 10 years older. I don't see anything wrong with that. My dad's 10 years older than my Mom.
Yeah, if Amy was born 18 years after 1951... (1969) then she would only have been around 14 when Maria was born... I don't think she was quite THAT much of a wild child. :)

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

harroc83
Addicted Roswellian

Post by harroc83 »

You know what always weirded me out was that when Max and Isabel was found and placed with the Evans for adoption didn't they have to take blood tests so did MIchael for insistance. Look I could give them messing up on Max and Izzy but Michael too. The blood test alone would have sent them to the whiteroom. I wouod have loved to see an episode explaining exactly how Max, isabel, and Michael got away with not taking blood tests when they were found. Cuz I know you have too. Did all their files disappear or something?
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

harroc83 wrote:You know what always weirded me out was that when Max and Isabel was found and placed with the Evans for adoption didn't they have to take blood tests so did MIchael for insistance. Look I could give them messing up on Max and Izzy but Michael too. The blood test alone would have sent them to the whiteroom. I wouod have loved to see an episode explaining exactly how Max, isabel, and Michael got away with not taking blood tests when they were found. Cuz I know you have too. Did all their files disappear or something?
Well, I don't know what the usual procedures for adoption/foster care are in New Mexico, but would they have gone ahead with blood tests even if the kids were all power-freaked about needles, for instance? I just ask out of curiosity.

Another, admittedly more out-there theory: it's conceivable that for a brief window after emerging from the pods, all of their cells appeared and tested as human. (For anything short of a full genome analysis, say, which wasn't even feasible back in 1989.) Maybe it was only after many years that the difference could be told. Just a thought.